PDA

View Full Version : Season 83 Rookie of the Year

christian
06-30-2007, 01:03 AM
There are a lot of promising rookies in the NCAA, some notable names are Red Cubs' Dave Marcelo and Garvo Lanete (showed a lot promise during the off-season) and Alvin Padilla of San Beda College. One rookie that surprises me is Jonathan Banal of MIT, coach Koy's very own :) This boy is not afraid, he has "watch out" written all over him. Another rookie of MIT is former Red Cub Rodel Ranises, you can see the coach Leo Isaac's foundation for his 3 year program, all connected with SBC.

Gamefacers, who do you think will runaway with the ROY award?

toti_mendiola
06-30-2007, 07:21 AM
Sa malamang ang ROY eh mangagaling sa isa sa mga veteran rookies ng Letran. Ripe for the picking na kumbaga.

christian
06-30-2007, 12:38 PM
Eligible ba sila kung transferees? Same case kay Pong last year? Yung mga rookies ba ng Letran eligible?

julianne_10
07-24-2007, 09:55 AM
David Marcelo will be Rookie of the Year. He already has everything, he just have to work on his timing and not to be too careful.

Howard the Duck
07-24-2007, 11:30 AM
banal for ROY ;D

irateluvmachine
07-24-2007, 02:13 PM
as of now, it's a toss-up between jonathan banal (MIT) and dave marcelo (SBC)...

i don't think letran has any "veteran rookies" this year...latonio came from the ill-fated '05 squires (green, tagarda, del rosario, etc.), while i don't know much about alvin cabonce, aside from being a fil-am recruit. (???) gutilban came from beda's 2002 lineup, reposar is a returnee from the 2003 knights.

LION
07-24-2007, 03:38 PM
It should be easier for Jonathan Banal to win the ROY because he is given the playing time needed and he is part of the regular rotation of Leo Isaac.*

In contrast, the rookies of San Beda are seeing limited action because of their team's deep bench. In spite of this, Dave Marcelo is leading the ROY race despite having played for 5 games only (the last game will be tomorrow against Letran) as against the 6 games of Jonathan Banal.

Jonathan is running second while Garvo is a close third.

Let's see how they will fare on the second round.

jayverns
07-24-2007, 11:27 PM
David Marcelo(San Beda)
Garvo Lanete(San Beda)

ANIMO SAN BEDA!!
GO SAN BEDA FIGHT!!

marianne
08-01-2007, 04:03 PM
Eligible ba sila kung transferees? Same case kay Pong last year? Yung mga rookies ba ng Letran eligible?

kaya nga rookie e, san ka nakakita ng rookie na veteran? Hello!

JonarSabilano
08-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Mga kaibigang taga-NC,

Kayo na ang bahala sa troll, ha? ;D

Howard the Duck
08-01-2007, 07:40 PM
wala naman talagang rookie sa amateur sports eh ;D

toti_mendiola
08-01-2007, 09:04 PM
meron! Troll nga na member ng gameface meron eh rookie na veteran pa. hello! ;D

christian
08-02-2007, 09:19 AM

kaya nga rookie e, san ka nakakita ng rookie na veteran? Hello!

Hello to you too!

julianne_10
08-02-2007, 11:49 AM
Have you seen Rodel Raneses play last Wednesday??? O diba... I think he is much better than Banal and deserves more playing time... I hope we see more of him in the coming days... :)

toti_mendiola
08-02-2007, 12:21 PM
agree! Taller more athletic and wider frame to bang with goint to the basket or to defend against opponents.

mighty_lion
08-02-2007, 05:18 PM
agree! Taller more athletic and wider frame to bang with goint to the basket or to defend against opponents.

Malaki mismatch ng kahit sino dito. Lapad ng nuo, nasisilaw yong ka-one-on-one na player lagi. :D

julianne_10
08-06-2007, 08:54 AM
:D but you must admit... malayo talaga tong si ranises than banal... first 5 din ata yan sa cubs before... medyo late nga lang pinasok, coach isaac must have been riding on banal's back for a reason....

toti_mendiola
08-06-2007, 10:42 AM

Malaki mismatch ng kahit sino dito. Lapad ng nuo, nasisilaw yong ka-one-on-one na player lagi.* :D

Kaya nga blinding speed eh. hehe

mighty_lion
08-06-2007, 12:33 PM

Malaki mismatch ng kahit sino dito. Lapad ng nuo, nasisilaw yong ka-one-on-one na player lagi.* :D

Kaya nga blinding speed eh. hehe

Haha. Hindi kaya ito si Bonbon James. ;D ;D Ok.. ok.. lets get back to topic and leave it on the other site.

Joescoundrel
08-09-2007, 03:07 PM
Jonathan Banal is seeing a lot of playing time and has been producing, although his team is inexpicably nearer the bottom than the top of the standings.

mighty_lion
08-09-2007, 09:49 PM
I did a simulated stats based on thier current stats as of today. Its similar to what they do in NBA which is leveraging the stats on maximum playing minutes. For this purpose, i leveled it out on stats per 40 minutes and the results are as follows

* * * * * *ppg* * rpg* *apg* *spg* * 3pt* *2pt* * *FG* * *FT
Lanete 14* * * *4* * * *3* * *1* * * 26%* 72%* *55% 55%
Marcelo 13* * * 15* * * 1* * *0* * * 0%* *53%* *53% 72%
Dysam* *20* * * 3* * * *3* * *2* * *15%* *45%* *37% 65%
Banal* * *14* * * 3* * * *3* * *4* * *28%* *48%* *41% 72%

Based on this, ang pinakaproductive per minute of playing time in terms of scoring is Dysam. Ibig sabihin mas scoring option si Dysam kesa sa tatlo pagnasa loob ito ng court at mas mataas ang conversion rate nya compared sa tatlo.

Sa rebounds naman, syempre si Dave. Obvious naman kasi guardya ang laro nung tatlo. Dave is also if I may add averating 5blks per game in a per 40 minute performance. Kung paglalaruin mo sya ng minutes ni Ekwe almost same number of blocks lang sila.

Sa steals at assist not much differences, except that mas lamang ang 3 guards kesa kay Dave. Nothing significant.

Sa usapang shooting % naman ang basehan sa isang enforcer ay 50% mark. Normally a good markman that takes a lot of shots is good if he is averaging 35-45% for guards and above 50% naman pag forward/center. Ang pinakaefficient naman umiskor sa apat ay si Lanete. His 72% 2pt shooting % is above than normal. Kahit ako nabigla. Si Dave naman ay nasa average above 50%. Dysam and Banal is just on the average markman but it means that as thier % is enough to win games and maintain the teams shooting %.

Stats are not all encompassing but nevertheless interesting to see. Sorry na lang kayo me pagka-adik ako sa numbers ;D

Some thoughts:
If this is a toss up play between Dave and Banal its going to be a similar case when they did the ROY selection in the last April in NBA. All are in consensus for Brandon Roy to win the ROY award dahil sa maganda ang pinakita nyang laro at impact sa team. He is averaging a standard NBA starter minutes somewhere 30-35 minutes. Sadly though, Portland is still a losing team and one of the teams in the lower spot. On the other hand si Bargnani naman maganda din ang pinakita at effecient sa kanyang mga % pero naglalaro lang somewhere 20-25 minutes. The only differences is, winning team ang Toronto.

julianne_10
08-13-2007, 11:07 AM
DAVE MARCELO (SBC)

Go SAN BEDA fight!!!

st_ang3r
08-24-2007, 10:26 PM
banal po...

julianne_10
08-31-2007, 09:51 AM
Hindi yan... marcelo or lanete!!!

San Beda Red Lions!

aircanda
09-05-2007, 10:28 PM
banal.. because of his confidence and his impact.. he should win..

Howard the Duck
09-05-2007, 10:45 PM
whoever has a better game in their final 4 series (banal or the SBC rookies) will win the plum

indian
09-07-2007, 01:31 PM
tingin ko tie si marcelo at si lanete ;D
tingin ko lang naman ;)

mighty_lion
09-07-2007, 01:43 PM
tingin ko tie si marcelo at si lanete* ;D
tingin ko lang naman* ;)

kung "efficiency" ng performance during rookie season --> Marcelo/
kung volume ng playing minutes --> Banal

looking at how they will chose the winner. --> Banal
its just the young guy contributed more to MIT team than Marcelo in SBC.

eggyboi
09-07-2007, 01:45 PM
who needs sam ekwe if u have dave marcelo on the bench??? marcelo for roy!!! ;D

wheresyagame
09-20-2007, 11:44 AM
My source told me that the ROY is Dave Marcelo.