PDA

View Full Version : foreign players in local leagues a long-term threat to national team ??

pachador
06-28-2007, 02:29 AM
foreign players in local leagues a long-term threat to national team ??

I read in the news that San sebastian college has 2 indonesian center while lasalle has 1 indonesian and i think there is a malaysian player for some other school. Dont you think we should stop this practice because obviously, this indonesians will play for the indonesian team one day.

i favor getting foreign players but only from the good ones from competitive countries like Serbia, Brazil or maybe china because they will expose our local university players to tougher competition, but getting foreign players from weaker countries that are trying to catch up with us is like a Trojan horse. why make it easier for this countries? the weaker country's player like indonesia will only benefit from playing against tougher filipino players while the filipino players will not learn anything from this weak players. basketball for me is WAR... giyera !!! so we must not share unless its to our benefit !. indonesia is a long-term threat in the SEABA tournaments because she has 234 million people to choose tall players while we only have 90 million people.

pachador
06-28-2007, 02:30 AM
foreign players in local leagues a long-term threat to national team ??

I read in the news that San sebastian college has 2 indonesian center while lasalle has 1 indonesian and i think there is a malaysian player for some other school. Dont you think we should stop this practice because obviously, this indonesians will play for the indonesian team one day.

i favor getting foreign players but only the good ones from competitive countries like Serbia, USA, Brazil or maybe china because they will expose our local university players to tougher competition, but getting foreign players from weaker countries that are trying to catch up with us is like a Trojan horse. why make it easier for this countries? the weaker country's player like indonesia will only benefit from playing against tougher filipino players while the filipino players will not learn anything from this weak players. basketball for me is WAR... giyera !!! so we must not share unless its to our benefit !. indonesia is a long-term threat in the SEABA tournaments because she has 234 million people to choose tall players while we only have 90 million people.

Howard the Duck
06-28-2007, 12:18 PM
foreign players faciliate technology exchange

yun lang nga, dapat yung mga pang-pro na, yung mga college level wala pang masyadong alam yan.

pero sa pinas mga gurang na rin ang mga college players kaya pwede na rin ;D