PDA

View Full Version : questions on TV coverage

Pages : [1] 2

bluewing
06-18-2007, 06:36 PM
good pm.

woud anyone know if thursday 2 pm games will be televised again this year like it was last year? because i think they should be. para masubaybayan ng mga tao ang aksyon, lalo na't maganda ang match-up ng mga koponan ngayon.

panagalawa, would anyone if there would be late night replays of the games just like last year when the games were replayed over at sky something? do you think BTV would carry replays of the games? the uaap should consider this dahil hindi naman lahat ng gustong manood ay free sa mga oras na yon at yung iba namang nanonood ng live, gustong ulitin yung game sa gabi, lalo na't masarap ang panalo...

casual_observer
06-18-2007, 07:23 PM
hi bluewing! :)

would anyone know if thursday 2 pm games will be televised again this year like it was last year? because i think they should be. para masubaybayan ng mga tao ang aksyon, lalo na't maganda ang match-up ng mga koponan ngayon.

ang alam ko, may agreement na yata ang ABS-CBN at ang UAAP na ipapalabas nang live ang first game every Thursday katulad ng ginawa nila last season, wherein juniors games were shown live. i guess that same agreement would apply this year. hindi lang ako sigurado.

panagalawa, would anyone if there would be late night replays of the games just like last year when the games were replayed over at sky something? do you think BTV would carry replays of the games? the uaap should consider this dahil hindi naman lahat ng gustong manood ay free sa mga oras na yon at yung iba namang nanonood ng live, gustong ulitin yung game sa gabi, lalo na't masarap ang panalo...

siguro naman ay gagawin ulit ng ABS-CBN yung ginawa nila last year when they dedicated a special cable channel just for the replays of UAAP and NCAA games. nakabuti yun kasi yung mga walang chance makapanood ng games live ay nakakapanood ng replays.

however, malabong i-carry ng BTV/Solar ang replays dahil exclusive sa ABS-CBN ang broadcast rights ng UAAP at ng NCAA.

Ghostrider
06-19-2007, 09:06 PM
I hope that the basketball coverage is carried on free tv and not on BTV.

Naka-lockout ang condo namin sa Destiny kaya ni isang basketball game, wala akong napanood sa TV this 2007. Umaasa lang sa mga mabututing loob na nag-tatape ng games para sa akin. Yun lang nga, talagang delayed ang papapanuod ko. :-\

Bwisit talaga ang Destiny and their arrangement with Megaworld/Empire East condos.

bluewing
06-19-2007, 11:48 PM
lipat na yan, ghost!* ;D* *

destiny cable = parang walang cable

casual_observer
06-20-2007, 12:58 AM
^ hindi rin siya pwedeng lumipat sa Skycable kasi nga exclusive ang Megaworld/Empire East condos sa Destiny. lipat bahay na lang. ;D

bluestorck
06-22-2007, 06:17 PM
i hope that they would still cover half time perfromances :)

Raging Blue
06-22-2007, 06:45 PM
Right after the replay of of Game 3 of last year's UAAP Finals between Ateneo and UST late this afternoon, Boom Gonzales announced that ALL UAAP seniors basketball games this season will be telecast LIVE on Studio 23.

casual_observer
06-22-2007, 07:05 PM
^ that's good news. let us hope that ABS-CBN will set aside a special cable channel or will allow part of Studio 23's airtime (maybe late night) to show replays of UAAP and NCAA games. :)

Howard the Duck
06-22-2007, 08:03 PM
sana naman kahit yung finals ng women's tourney ipalabas din. malas lang siguro dahil sa scheduling noong finals

Ghostrider
06-22-2007, 09:42 PM
^ that's good news. let us hope that ABS-CBN will set aside a special cable channel or will allow part of Studio 23's airtime (maybe late night) to show replays of UAAP and NCAA games. :)

Kiss of death :-* sa akin 'yan. Kung special channel, talagang wala sa destiny cable. Mukhang kailangan ko nang ipagbili itong bahay ko at lumipat sa sa iba :P

kenandmaybs
06-23-2007, 12:06 AM
Hi, I work in ABSCBN Sports, so just to answer everyone's questions on the TV coverage:
a) We are now airing the Thursday 2 PM games every week.
b) Yes we will continue to have a replay of the games on the same day, 8 PM to 12 MN in MYSKY Channel 33 (sorry na lang ang hindi naka Skycable :o)
c) We don't know yet if we'll air the women's finals, that will usually depend kung ano ang schedule by the time the finals comes around (the schedule is up to the UAAP board). If the 1st game before a championship game is the women's finals, then we would probably cover it.

Hope this clears things....if you have any other questions, just post it and I'll try to reply...

Howard the Duck
06-23-2007, 12:23 AM
c) We don't know yet if we'll air the women's finals, that will usually depend kung ano ang schedule by the time the finals comes around (the schedule is up to the UAAP board). If the 1st game before a championship game is the women's finals, then we would probably cover it.
Tama ang hinala ko, kasi 12NN ang women's finals last year... noong dati kahit tapos na ang MBB at JBB as long as di pa tapos ang WBB pinalabas pa rin ng ABS.

casual_observer
06-23-2007, 01:10 AM
Kiss of death* :-* sa akin 'yan. Kung special channel, talagang wala sa destiny cable.* Mukhang kailangan ko nang ipagbili itong bahay ko at lumipat sa sa iba* :P

kaya nga sana ay mai-consider ng ABS-CBN management na gamitin yung late night timeslot ng Studio 23 (yung ginagamit ngayon ng Myx) for replays of UAAP and NCAA games so that yung mga walang access sa cable at yung mga hindi makakapanood ng live ay pwedeng mapanood ang replays.

i wish kenandmaybs can relay my suggestion to his/her superiors. :)

peterstrauss
06-23-2007, 02:25 PM
i remember during the homegrown game last year (an all ateneo - dlsu games from women, juniors, & seniors' game), they only aired the* senior's* game.* when i asked the organizer, they said, nobody sponsored for these 2 games daw.* they added, if there are sponsors, the network would air the games.* how unfair can these big companies are.

anybody out there who has connection to almost all primary sponsors of uaap basketball - paki sabi naman na huwag masyadong one-sided yung treatment (as it has always been).* parehas lang naman yung hard work for all athletes. thus, they deserve the same treatment.

knock....knock..... smart, globe, sun cellular & who else ..... kailangan maghanap na because its only 2 weeks from now.

Fried Green Tomato
06-23-2007, 04:55 PM
a bit OT but something to do with future coverage...

Unless things change for the better(financially), ABS-CBN may have to shut down studio23 by yearend. ABS-CBN is seriously looking into (hoping to acquire or it not yet a done deal) the Karera channel. ABS-CBN is looking at a possibility of putting an all-sports cable channel anchored whole-year long on horseracing. If plan pushes through, UAAP's coverage will be on the karera channel. There might be conflict as horseracing is from Tue-Sun (usually starting in the afternoon).

casual_observer
06-23-2007, 05:39 PM
^ well, sana hindi na yun hintayin ng UAAP. if it is still possible for a joint venture between GMA and Solar Sports (something similar to the recent Pacquiao fight), then baka makakabuti for the UAAP to make the switch from ABS-CBN to GMA-Solar Sports and have GMA and Solar Sports broadcast UAAP games on QTV and Basketball TV. ;)

kenandmaybs
06-24-2007, 01:57 PM
I understand the request to air the replay in Studio 23 Primetime, gusto ko din sana yun. But it's not as simple as it sounds. The timeblock that Studio 23 gave us for sports is only 2 to 6 PM, kaya beyond that we have to look for other channels or outlets.

As for the rumor about Studio 23 closing.....well Studio 23 has been struggling the past few years, but definite plans for channel, whether it stays as is, closes, or reformats, have not yet been decided. Our management does not rush into decisions like these without a lot of deliberation....so any rumors you might have heard are all just rumors...

As for a karera channel, that's funny. We are considering launching a sports channel, but to air the majority of it as a karera channel is not even on the table....wonder where that came from....

as for the wish to air the games in Solar and GMA7, masasabi ko lang dyan is give us some credit naman. Do you remember where the UAAP was airing before we took over? It was airing in RPN 9 ata or IBC 13, with very fuzzy reception and the coverage left a lot to be desired. Kahit papaano, we believe we did play a part in helping the UAAP reach its current popularity.* If you really think the league would be better off in BTV, I advise you to just look at their coverage of their local basketball tournaments and judge for yourself who has the better production. Iba iyung nakukuha mo ang satellite feed sa NBA, iba iyung ikaw nagco-cover.....

The simple fact is to have a great coverage, we need sponsors to help defray the production costs, the more sponsors the better the production. As a basketball fan gusto ko din lahat ng hinihingi ninyo, but you have to realize covering the games entails a lot of money. Should you wish to just have the games covered in BTV, you will get the coverage na pang-cable budget lang (and kawawa naman iyung mga madaming basketball fans din na walang cable). And good luck getting GMA to cover sports, as they, for all their strengths as a network, really do not have the experience and people to make sports a major part of their programming.

casual_observer
06-24-2007, 02:19 PM
^ actually, we give so much credit for ABS-CBN in "reinventing" the broadcast of the UAAP and the NCAA. i do admit na wala yung publicity na nakukuha ng dalawang liga kung hindi dahil sa ABS-CBN, most especially the group currently headed by Peter Musngi. yun nga lang, nakakapag-worry yung isyu na lumalabas regarding Studio 23's "financial malaise" at yung balak ng mga Lopez na isara yung istasyon niyo if its financial standing goes from bad to worse. wala bang paraan para maayos yung problemang pinansyal ngayon ng Studio 23?

as for the GMA-Solar Sports joint coverage for the UAAP and the NCAA, idea lang naman yun since their collaboration in the recently concluded Pacquiao fight was a bit successful. sabihin na nating talagang zero experience ang GMA pagdating sa sports events coverage but the idea is for GMA to again collaborate with Solar Entertainment in broadcasting the UAAP and the NCAA should the two leagues opt to leave ABS-CBN because of Studio 23's financial problems nowadays. GMA will be the one tasked to handle the finances, the technology and the broadcasting (live games sa QTV, replays sa BTV or sa Solar Sports) while the main sports coverage (e.g. hosts, sports coverage know-how, etc.) will be the one handled by Solar Entertainment.

lastly, yung replay naman ng UAAP at NCAA games sa Studio 23 ay hindi naman sa primetime block ilalagay. in fact, i was very specific at one past post na kahit man lang 12 midnight na ipalabas yung replays, basta sa Studio 23 siya nakalagay. i hope you guys could understand the fact that not everyone here has access to the Skycable channel assigned to the UAAP and NCAA replays kaya nga sana kung kayang pagbigyan na sa Studio 23 gawin yung replays kahit na alas-dose na ng hatinggabi ay pagbigyan na.

bigfreeze_bibby
06-25-2007, 11:57 AM
as for the wish to air the games in Solar and GMA7, masasabi ko lang dyan is give us some credit naman. Do you remember where the UAAP was airing before we took over? It was airing in RPN 9 ata or IBC 13, with very fuzzy reception and the coverage left a lot to be desired. Kahit papaano, we believe we did play a part in helping the UAAP reach its current popularity.* If you really think the league would be better off in BTV, I advise you to just look at their coverage of their local basketball tournaments and judge for yourself who has the better production. Iba iyung nakukuha mo ang satellite feed sa NBA, iba iyung ikaw nagco-cover.....

The last TV broadcaster of the UAAP games is Silverstar Productions, aired in PTV-4 (not yet NBN that time).

RockLobster
06-25-2007, 12:00 PM
Tama, the games were previously aired on channel 4 by Silverstar Sports, or at least 'yun ang inabutan kong era ng UAAP na televised. :)

Yes, let's give credit where credit is due. Malayo na ang narating ng popularidad ng dalawang liga dahil sa coverage ng ABS-CBN/Studio 23. Putting it another way, ABS-CBN knew the image and appeal it had to create for UAAP and NCAA students, alumni, followers and fanatics to watch the games on TV. There are times na medyo commercialized ang dating, pero that's reality for us, and overall it has been good. Gugustuhin ko nang commercialized ang coverage, kaysa naman may magsasayaw ng kanta ni Joey De Leon tuwing halftime. Sorry to say this, pero baka ganyan ang gawin ng GMA kapag sila na ang magco-cover ng games. Walang experience ang GMA sa sports coverage because it's their choice. Showbiz, teen stars, singing contests at tsismis ang panalo sa kanila, so 'yan ang focus nila. Same concept with the coverage of Manny Pacquiao's fight. Pang-masa, so pwedeng i-cover (with all due-respect to those who follow the sport--sorry na lang pero hindi 'yan ang audience na habol ng GMA that time). May sportcasters naman sa Solar Sports, so covered na 'yung aspect na 'yun. And besides, it's an if-ABS-CBN-can-did-it-so-can-we situation. Exclusive and ABS-CBN sa unang laban ni Manny, so 'yung susunod sila naman.

Anyway, last season's replayed games helped a lot for followers to be updated with games. For a number us, I suppose, it's not much who won but how they played the game, right? Or at least, for discussions in fora like this one, it's important to know how the game went and not merely know who came out with the win. Yes, we understand the financial implications of replaying games. And then we also have to consider that not all followers have access to cable TV. Tama, the replays don't have to be on Studio 23. If it's viable, from a financial and operational perspective, to air the reruns on one of the government channels, then go for that. If not, then we have to settle for one of the cable channels. Last season it was on channel 33, right? That's a cable channel controlled by another Lopez-ran company, Sky Cable. If that's the next viable option, then that should be considered.

On the live games, well, I guess Studio 23 is all-systems-go for this season, so we don't have to worry about this year. Hindi naman siguro parang UAAP board ang ABS-CBN na knee-jerk ang mga decisions, tapos effective immediately. It's good in a way to talk about what the future holds for the UAAP and NCAA coverage, but maybe the frame-of-mind to balance the discussion is "to cross the bridge when we get there."

Fried Green Tomato
06-25-2007, 02:05 PM
As for the rumor about Studio 23 closing.....well Studio 23 has been struggling the past few years, but definite plans for channel, whether it stays as is, closes, or reformats, have not yet been decided. Our management does not rush into decisions like these without a lot of deliberation....so any rumors you might have heard are all just rumors...

As for a karera channel, that's funny. We are considering launching a sports channel, but to air the majority of it as a karera channel is not even on the table....wonder where that came from....

It may sound funny but unlike Studio23, the karera channel has a captured loyal audience and that's whay abs-cbn is in serious talk with the owner. As always, abs-cbn is looking at the profitability side of its business.

You may not heard of it now but the buzz came from a former abs-cbn top executive now working with solar.

kenandmaybs
06-25-2007, 09:35 PM
no matter what happens to Studio 23 you can be assured the UAAP will continue to air live, di namin iiwanan yan...
as for the karera channel, if it does happen as a channel that won't be a sports channel.....wag ka maniwala kay raffy veloso :D

kenandmaybs
06-25-2007, 09:36 PM
joke lang raffy ha :D

wolverine78ph
06-25-2007, 09:48 PM
College basketball would not die because it is so popular than the PBA nowadays. Having the coverage shift to another channel would benefit the member schools of both the UAAP and NCAA. The silverstar coverage wasn't that bad before but ABS-CBN catapulted it to new heights because of its mainstream approach to the game.

pio_valenz
06-27-2007, 04:00 PM
Yup, getting GMA to cover the UAAP is a longshot. I don't think they're even seriously considering making a bid for it if ever. Unless the UAAP games become more popular than telenovelas (which are acutally the number one revenue earners for GMA and ABS-CBN), you won't see the games being played on primetime anytime soon (at least not on free TV VHF channels).

vickster
06-27-2007, 09:35 PM
as for the wish to air the games in Solar and GMA7, masasabi ko lang dyan is give us some credit naman. Do you remember where the UAAP was airing before we took over? It was airing in RPN 9 ata or IBC 13, with very fuzzy reception and the coverage left a lot to be desired. Kahit papaano, we believe we did play a part in helping the UAAP reach its current popularity. If you really think the league would be better off in BTV, I advise you to just look at their coverage of their local basketball tournaments and judge for yourself who has the better production. Iba iyung nakukuha mo ang satellite feed sa NBA, iba iyung ikaw nagco-cover.....

I'm sure most will agree that Studio 23's revolutionary coverage boosted the popularity and watchability of the UAAP especially for those who are not able to watch live all the time. Many casual fans became diehards, not because of the coverage directly, but because the presentation kept drawing them back game in and game out. It's about hype, about packaging, but ultimately about having a good product and flying with it.

Contrast it to BTV's coverage, where even the "satellite feed" of NBA games, gets murdered by incessant and untimely switching to commercials. Imagine Lebron scoring 48points in a 2OT game against the Pistons in a conference finals game and BTV suddenly switching to commercials a split second after the final buzzer sounds? To hell with the end game emotional ups and downs of both teams, forget about the interviews, as long as they get the commercials in!

Gec Chia's buzzer beater against UE to propel Ateneo to the Finals a few years back became all the more compelling because the event was immortalized by letting viewers see the Blue Eagles jumping about in sheer joy and shock, the blue crowd in delirium, and the Warriors dazed. It's all part of the hoops watching experience and I sure hope BTV will not be the one to bring us that in case something happens to Studio 23.

wilhelm
07-01-2007, 10:48 PM
regarding sa half time, yung NCAA naccover yung halftime.

espnfanatic
07-07-2007, 03:38 PM
will the uaap senior basketball games (mens) be shown on "abs-cbn now!" on the internet. I hope it is for the sake of people out of the Philippines.

JonarSabilano
07-08-2007, 01:01 AM
Did anyone notice the Studio 23 print ads in the newspapers yesterday? Ano ba ang nakain nila't parang gusto nilang i-package bilang telenovela ang UAAP? >:(

atenean_blooded
07-08-2007, 01:45 AM
Kasi nga, parang telenovela talaga.

Nagbalik na yung mga kontrabida e. ;D

(Peace out, green-blooded friends.)

john_paul_manahan
07-08-2007, 08:54 AM
anyway, i just don't like the scoreboard... score can be hard to read sometimes... not bad, coverage though...

jollibeeaddict
07-08-2007, 09:47 AM
perhaps when kenandmaybs goes online, he/she can answer your queries and your comments. nagtataka lang ako though kung bakit meron daw cases na nawawala ang audio o basag ang audio ng courtside reporters.

john_paul_manahan
07-08-2007, 06:36 PM
at least the scoreboard now is a bit clearer and better reading...

chorizo
07-08-2007, 07:30 PM
Bakit walang game clock sa coverage? Paminsan-minsan lang lumalabas. Crucial ang game clock sa TV coverage kasi ginagamit din ito sa pag-review ng mga games lalo na pag may questionable calls.

Studio 23 don't be cheap. Put up the game clock on TV.

kenandmaybs
07-08-2007, 11:47 PM
technical difficulties lang po kaya basag ang audio sometimes....maayus din po...

as for the game clock, medyo madami nga ang umangal today e, medyo hindi balanse ang paglabas ng scoreboard and gameclock.....di lang napansin ng crew but we are aware how important the gameclock is and are taking steps to fix that....

atenean_blooded
07-09-2007, 12:45 AM
Hindi ba talaga macocover nang buo yung halftime?

easter
07-09-2007, 07:01 AM
Bakit walang game clock sa coverage? Paminsan-minsan lang lumalabas. Crucial ang game clock sa TV coverage kasi ginagamit din ito sa pag-review ng mga games lalo na pag may questionable calls.

Studio 23 don't be cheap. Put up the game clock on TV.

Yes ito ang isang criticism ko sa Studio 23 coverage this year. Don't get me wrong, I always felt na the best Philippine basketball coverage is still Studio 23.

But this time magkaiba kasi sponsors ng scoreboard (Smart) and yung clock (Samsung) kaya hindi mapagasabay. In this day in age sa basketball sabay yan, nasa taas ang score at nasa ibaba naman ang clock with the shot clock sa lower right. And last year yata sa UAAP halos hindi na tinatangal yan pwera na lang kung may technical glitch.

I hope ibalik yung dati kasi mas comfortable manood ng nandyan lagi ang score, game clock at shot clock sa lower right portion ng screen.

Paging Studio 23!

Howard the Duck
07-09-2007, 01:07 PM
bakit pa ba kasi may sponsor ang clock? what the...?

jollibeeaddict
07-09-2007, 01:23 PM
hi kenandmaybs! i still would like to commend ABS-CBN Sports for doing a good job in the UAAP coverage so far. yun nga lang, sana maayos na sa lalong madaling panahon yung technical glitches bukod sa sana ay palaging naka-display ang clock dahil importante ang video footage kapag may kailangan i-review ang board.

ruel
07-17-2007, 08:54 PM
hi kenandmaybs! i still would like to commend ABS-CBN Sports for doing a good job in the UAAP coverage so far. yun nga lang, sana maayos na sa lalong madaling panahon yung technical glitches bukod sa sana ay palaging naka-display ang clock dahil importante ang video footage kapag may kailangan i-review ang board.

tanong lang po, are they going to have the games shown in TFC? para saming mga nasa middle east gusto rin naming mapanood ang mga laro ng aming mga alma maters whether it would be live, delayed basis or even replays. We can already watch PBA games, but iba rin siempre yung pakiramdam pag nanonood ka ng UAAP it brings back memories of younger years when you watch those game with fervor, lalu na when you won and sabay na kumakanta school hymn.

BigBlue
07-17-2007, 09:45 PM
i know this is the TV coverage thread, but for kenandmaybs,will abs-cbn ever consider broadcasting the games over radio? i heard that a few years ago, DZSR was supposed to cover the games over their station, but was stopped by ABS-CBN, this despite not having any radio broadcast of their own. i know that it's a long shot for a station like DZMM to broadcast the UAAP, but can't ABS-CBN at least allow a station ready and willing like DZSR to broadcast it?

GHRanger
07-18-2007, 11:04 AM
Hi KenandMaybs / ABS CBN / Studio 23.
I received feedback from friends that the reception and quality of the initial games are poor. Would these game files/feeds be updated with a clearer and better copy? I have not yet subscribed but I am considering subscribing during the UAAP season if the quality will be improved. Thanks.

kenandmaybs
07-18-2007, 11:20 PM
regarding the various questions:
a) Yes the games are shown on TFC, not sure of the sked but they are shown
b) Walang live radio coverage but I believe DWRR gives live updates while the games are going on....will check for more details
c) Not sure what you mean by the reception, is it fuzzy in TFC? Or in St 23? please clarify...thanks!

Howard the Duck
07-19-2007, 07:14 AM
the scoreboard graphics are bad. can't we imitate the TNT scoreboard with one color and only two logos (the NBA and TNT logos?) Since S23 already has their logo plastered at the upper left corner, why not just place the smart logo?

BigBlue
07-19-2007, 10:12 AM
regarding the various questions:
b) Walang live radio coverage but I believe DWRR gives live updates while the games are going on....will check for more details

DWRR??? holy crap. i for one cannot think of any atenean in his right mind who would be willing to subject himself to the excruciating pain of listening to that station just to get score updates on the UAAP. text na lang.

jollibeeaddict
07-19-2007, 03:25 PM
Big Blue: malay mo ba kung mas OK sa iba na si Martin D. yung nagbibigay ng updates sa laro, di ba? alin ba ang mas gusto mo, si Martin D. o sina Manong at Kukurukuku? ;D

well seriously, sana naman ay hayaan na ng ABS-CBN Sports na mai-cover ng DZSR ang UAAP games nang live. di hamak naman na mas forte ng DZSR ang sports coverage kumpara sa mga walang kakwenta-kwentang hirit nina Martin D.

john_paul_manahan
07-19-2007, 06:35 PM
the NCAA scoreboard looks better than the UAAP scoreboard.

Howard the Duck
07-19-2007, 08:41 PM
i'm not even a fan of that scoreboard (lol)... pinakamaganda yung sa NC season 81

jollibeeaddict
07-19-2007, 10:30 PM
maganda na yung scoreboard natin last year. talaga lang... magagalit si MVP kapag nawala yung "Smart" na nakadikit sa scoreboard this year (provided that papalitan nga yung style ng scoreboard, ha?). ;D

Howard the Duck
07-19-2007, 11:55 PM
maganda na yung scoreboard natin last year. talaga lang... magagalit si MVP kapag nawala yung "Smart" na nakadikit sa scoreboard this year (provided that papalitan nga yung style ng scoreboard, ha?). ;D
ayoko talaga kasi ng horizontal scoreboards, nasanay na lang kasi ako sa vertical :P

muddatrucker
07-20-2007, 12:37 AM
ayoko talaga kasi ng horizontal scoreboards, nasanay na lang kasi ako sa vertical :P

Me too. I find the vertical scoreboards easier to read and it takes up less space on the screen.

nel
07-20-2007, 12:41 AM
Maybe our resident ABS-CBN employees here can relay this to the director of the coverage - please don't treat the halftime coverage like the dance numbers on the noontime variety shows, where the cameraman either focuses only on an individual to the exclusion of the rest of the group, or he tilts the camera at crazy angles.

The halftime performance isn't a disco dance number where the tv audience is treated to different camera angles, and it's not a beauty contest where only interesting (to the director, maybe?) performers are focused on. The school's cheerdancers perform as a unit, and as much as possible, the tv audience should be able to see the entire group, preferrably from a remote angle high in the bleachers to fully appreciate the synchronization and moves that they make. Focusing on single cheerdancers doesn't allow anyone to see the school's performance. Floor level shots just don't give a good enough view. The floor level cameramen are good for action shots of players, coaches, the stands, and the sportscasters, but not for a good appreciation of the halftime cheerleading on the court.

Can someone please tell the director???

atenean_blooded
07-20-2007, 01:19 AM
Maybe our resident ABS-CBN employees here can relay this to the director of the coverage - please don't treat the halftime coverage like the dance numbers on the noontime variety shows, where the cameraman either focuses only on an individual to the exclusion of the rest of the group, or he tilts the camera at crazy angles.

The halftime performance isn't a disco dance number where the tv audience is treated to different camera angles, and it's not a beauty contest where only interesting (to the director, maybe?) performers are focused on. The school's cheerdancers perform as a unit, and as much as possible, the tv audience should be able to see the entire group, preferrably from a remote angle high in the bleachers to fully appreciate the synchronization and moves that they make. Focusing on single cheerdancers doesn't allow anyone to see the school's performance. Floor level shots just don't give a good enough view. The floor level cameramen are good for action shots of players, coaches, the stands, and the sportscasters, but not for a good appreciation of the halftime cheerleading on the court.

Can someone please tell the director???

I agree, especially after having to deal with looking at the faces of some of the cheerleaders of some schools.

It's not a pretty picture.

atenean_blooded
07-20-2007, 02:50 AM
I hope that there are also plans to get former players or pro coaches or coaches from other leagues to help out in comments during the halftime analysis.

easter
07-20-2007, 06:44 AM
Medyo problemado talaga yung bagong scoreboard tsaka matagal pa mag-react. Nagpalitan na ng puntos ang DLSU at FEU huli pa rin scores. Ganito din in past games.

bluewing
07-20-2007, 04:15 PM
at tsaka wag nyo namang ilagay yung buong mukha ng courtside reporter sa screen habang may aksyon sa court. ang daming beses tuloy na di nakikita yung kasabay na play eh. hasel.

pero kung si andi, ok lang. kahit tatlong shot clock pa ubusin nyo. ;D

nastrans
07-21-2007, 02:43 PM
Nagtataka ako sa coverage ng Studio 23? Bakit pag minemention ang PBA e pros lang ang sinasabi nila pwera pag PBL, PBL talaga? Is there any censor on saying the exact word of our pro league? :)

Mateen Cleaves
07-21-2007, 04:08 PM
i know this is the TV coverage thread, but for kenandmaybs,will abs-cbn ever consider broadcasting the games over radio? i heard that a few years ago, DZSR was supposed to cover the games over their station, but was stopped by ABS-CBN, this despite not having any radio broadcast of their own. i know that it's a long shot for a station like DZMM to broadcast the UAAP, but can't ABS-CBN at least allow a station ready and willing like DZSR to broadcast it?

This should have been the UAAP's call. I don't know what the contract looks like. But I think that the UAAP is in position now to have separate contracts for TV and radio coverage. If Studio 23 doesn't like it, tough. I'm sure there are other channels more than willing to pick it up at a price favorable to the UAAP.

allblue
07-21-2007, 04:09 PM
is it possible to move the abs-cbn now logo lower on the screen? it's on the bottom left hand corner but not really low enough that it does block a lot of the screen.

any chance that it can be smaller also? imagine niyo na lang, there are times when you have a scoreboard, a courtside reporter and the abs-cbn now logo all at the same time. ang laki na ng natatakpan.

salamat!

bluewing
07-21-2007, 07:42 PM
better yet, pwede bang gawing transparent yung abscbn logo?

BigBlue
07-22-2007, 12:34 PM
wala na ba talagang makuhang game analyst ang abs-cbn at si ronnie magsanoc pa rin ang nagcocover ng games?? i'm sure there are a lot of young talent out there waiting to be discovered. Magsanoc did a terrible job yesterday.

atenean_blooded
07-22-2007, 01:28 PM
at tsaka wag nyo namang ilagay yung buong mukha ng courtside reporter sa screen habang may aksyon sa court. ang daming beses tuloy na di nakikita yung kasabay na play eh. hasel.

pero kung si andi, ok lang. kahit tatlong shot clock pa ubusin nyo.* ;D

Naaalala ko dati nung si Patty Laurel pa yung courtside reporter natin.

Tuwing lumalabas yung mukha niya sa TV, nakaka-shoot si Rainer Sison. ;D

Tapos nung 2002, anong nangyari? Mas madalas kasi lumabas mukha niya dati.

Pero si Patty Laurel yun ha. ;D

muddatrucker
07-22-2007, 04:04 PM
wala na ba talagang makuhang game analyst ang abs-cbn at si ronnie magsanoc pa rin ang nagcocover ng games?? i'm sure there are a lot of young talent out there waiting to be discovered. Magsanoc did a terrible job yesterday.

I agree. Ronnie Magsanoc is just awful.

bluewing
07-22-2007, 04:49 PM

pero kung si andi, ok lang. kahit tatlong shot clock pa ubusin nyo.* ;D

Naaalala ko dati nung si Patty Laurel pa yung courtside reporter natin.

Tuwing lumalabas yung mukha niya sa TV, nakaka-shoot si Rainer Sison.* ;D

Tapos nung 2002, anong nangyari? Mas madalas kasi lumabas mukha niya dati.

Pero si Patty Laurel yun ha.* ;D

ibang usapan na yan. si PATTY LAUREL kaya yon. THE greatest UAAP courtside reporter. ever. bar none.

pio_valenz
07-23-2007, 03:06 PM
^Please retract your very blasphemous post. Gretchen Fullido was the biggest, este best courtside reporter ever.

bluewing
07-23-2007, 04:34 PM
^

looks like we'll never know for sure, manong pio. di sila nag-abot eh...

pero isipin mo na lang kung nagpang-abot yung apat, este, dalawa no? SARRRRRAAAAAAPP! ;D

atenean_blooded
07-23-2007, 10:31 PM
^

looks like we'll never know for sure, manong pio. di sila nag-abot eh...

pero isipin mo na lang kung nagpang-abot yung apat, este, dalawa no?* SARRRRRAAAAAAPP! ;D

E di wala nang live telecast ng UAAP.

Puro late-night replay na lang. ;D

bluewing
07-24-2007, 12:23 AM
pero all biases aside, para sa akin ay si Jamaica dela Cruz ang BESTEST courtside reporter EVER. bar none.

Dark Knight
07-24-2007, 09:01 AM
Anyone remember Ella Aldeguer? Sister of Dino. Simple but cute. ;D

RockLobster
07-24-2007, 11:33 AM
^I remember her. Yes, cute nga, panalo! And did Ria Tanjuatco start as courtside reporter as well?

oca
07-24-2007, 11:58 AM
Ano ba ang pinag-uusapan?* ???

TV coverage o yung laki ang coverage?

Nalilito ako, eh.* ;D

atenean_blooded
07-24-2007, 12:30 PM
Ummm...

I think they're talking about how to make the most out of future coverage. ;D

bluewing
07-24-2007, 12:52 PM
gusto ko ngang i-minimize yung coverage eh.

Dark Knight
07-24-2007, 12:52 PM
Sorry. Off Topic na pala. ;D

Howard the Duck
07-24-2007, 01:38 PM
tracy abad + andi reporting in mute mode ;D

atenean_blooded
07-24-2007, 01:42 PM

Oo nga.

Wala nang coverage coverage. Game na lang agad!

fujima04
07-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Anyone remember Ella Aldeguer? Sister of Dino. Simple but cute. ;D

Sir Dark Knight,

Oh yes, I remember her doing courtside reporting for our team and I agree with you, she's cute.

Kaya lang ibinahay na ni Coach Binky Favis. :D

Pero kay George Rocha pa din ako. :D

Dark Knight
07-24-2007, 02:23 PM
Anyone remember Ella Aldeguer? Sister of Dino. Simple but cute.* ;D

Sir Dark Knight,

Oh yes, I remember her doing courtside reporting for our team and I agree with you, she's cute.

Kaya lang ibinahay na ni Coach Binky Favis. :D

Pero kay George Rocha pa din ako. :D

Sir Fujima,

George Rocha? Yung nasa defunct nang Sports TV? Type ko rin yun. Chinita with nice bosom. ;D

bluewing
07-24-2007, 04:13 PM

Oo nga.

pare,

ibang "coverage" ang gusto kong i-minimize.

jollibeeaddict
07-24-2007, 11:20 PM
question lang. napapansin ko lang na laging nahuhuli yung scores sa TV. for instance, naka-shoot na yung isang player pero napakatagal bago magbago yung score sa TV. is there any way for the scores to be updated real-time so that hindi mahuhuli yung mga talagang tumututok sa laro on TV?

atenean_blooded
07-25-2007, 12:32 AM

Oo nga.

pare,

ibang "coverage" ang gusto kong i-minimize.

Oo nga.

;D

atenean_blooded
07-29-2007, 03:19 PM
I hope Studio 23 gets Baclao's first name right this time. Heehee. ;D

Howard the Duck
08-02-2007, 12:28 PM
sana liitan ang scoreboard. it takes too much space

JonarSabilano
08-02-2007, 02:55 PM
sana liitan ang scoreboard. it takes too much space

At sana hindi tinatanggal sa screen ang scoreboard para real-time ang pag-update ng score.

bugoy_king
08-02-2007, 10:24 PM
To Studio23:

Can you please leave the game clock, shot clock, and score on the screen at all times? Napansin ko na nagsasabay lang ito minsan kung final minute na. Gayahin niyo yung sa NBA on TNT o kaya NBATV coverage. If you can't do so because of the fact that you have different sponsors, that sucks. Baka pwede na tanggalin yung space-eating Samsung mobile logo sa game clock, pati ba naman yun may sponsor pa? At saka marami na naman Samsung; pag may courtside report, Samsung; pag may FT, may camera angle na kitang-kita yung Samsung. Pati yung binibigay sa fans pag nanood ng live, may Samsung na nakasulat.

Pwera lang kung bibigyan nila tayong lahat ng LCD TV, ayos na ayos lang yung Samsung ads, even if they're shoved down our throats every UAAP game.

atenean_blooded
08-02-2007, 11:41 PM
Hindi ba puwedeng gayahin yung scoreboard ng parang sa NBA, na minsan isang linya lang sa taas o baba ng screen? I'm sure that the scoreboard can be designed to be easily accomodated by TVs with different aspect ratios.

flsfnoeraekadad
08-02-2007, 11:58 PM
Sana kahit yung scoreboard na parang sa ESPN na lang. Kasi naman, may sponsors na dun sa court, meron pa dun sa scoreboard sa TV. :|

tigerman
08-03-2007, 12:21 AM
Puwede ba na instead na sponsor's logo ang nasa scoreboard eh mukha na lang ni Andi ang ilagay? please. ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

flsfnoeraekadad
08-03-2007, 12:23 AM
Puwede ba na instead na sponsor's logo ang nasa scoreboard eh mukha na lang ni Andi ang ilagay? please. ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Wag na tayo manood ng UAAP kung ganon, titigan na lang natin lahat si Andi. ;D

tigerman
08-03-2007, 12:35 AM
Puwede ba na instead na sponsor's logo ang nasa scoreboard eh mukha na lang ni Andi ang ilagay? please.* ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Sa akin walang problema... :D

Puwede bang si andi na lang reporter sa parehong koponan na naglalaban? :P

Puwede bang siya na din ang maging host ng opening at cheerdance comp? ;D

Siya na lang lahat please... :P

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

flsfnoeraekadad
08-03-2007, 12:44 AM
http://photos.friendster.com/photos/77/09/29659077/30179060812891m.jpg

Eh kung ganyang kagandang babae ba naman ang tititig sa TV screen mo araw-araw eh. ;D

freak
08-03-2007, 04:20 AM
Puwede ba na instead na sponsor's logo ang nasa scoreboard eh mukha na lang ni Andi ang ilagay? please.* ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Sa akin walang problema...* :D

Puwede bang si andi na lang reporter sa parehong koponan na naglalaban?* :P

Puwede bang siya na din ang maging host ng opening at cheerdance comp?* ;D

Siya na lang lahat please...* :P

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

nakalimutan mo yung game analysts.. palitan narin yan..

ANDI for UAAP commish!

;D ;D ;D

Howard the Duck
08-03-2007, 06:47 PM
yung damit ni andi sponsors na rin

o gawing body paint ng sponsors ang KATAWAN ni andi.

or... wag na lang :o

john_paul_manahan
08-09-2007, 04:30 PM
would you say that ateneo-ust and ateneo-la salle were the best games in the first round?

that is what studio23 used as the replayed games.

atenean_blooded
08-09-2007, 06:06 PM
would you say that ateneo-ust and ateneo-la salle were the best games in the first round?

that is what studio23 used as the replayed games.

They certainly were the most anticipated games.

The Ateneo-La Salle game was the obvious best and most anticipated game of the first round.

tigerman
08-09-2007, 11:27 PM
Pero sa puso naming mga ANDIks, FEU games pa din (as long as Andi's doing the reporting). ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Howard the Duck
08-09-2007, 11:57 PM
biased ang ABS kasi 2 admu games ang pinalabas :P

bananafrap
08-10-2007, 09:20 PM
actually, they were not biased because the 2 ateneo games they showed in the replay had different results for the ateneo. plus, i think these 2 games were the most anticipated in season 70 because the ateneo-ust game is like a rematch of the finals last year and the ateneo-lasalle game because of the rivalry between these 2 schools. plus the two games were somewhat controversial. at halftime of the ateneo-ust game where they were tied, the ateneo did not follow the 5 minute rule on the performances. they did not respect the league when there was continued buzzing that told them to stop. by the looks of those who were performing, they didn't mind the buzzers, they just went on and on to finish their performance. whatever the ateneo's reasons for that are, it was still disrespectful not only to ust and the league, but to everyone who was watching the game and of course, to studio23 and abs-cbn. well, at the end of 4th quarter, they lost. i'm not saying they lost because of that, nakakatawa lng na after ng eksena nla na un, natalo cla hehe. with the ateneo-lasalle game nman, it was controversial because of the ateneo's honest mistake in fielding 2 foreign players at the same time hence lasalle's protest. with all that has been said and done, whether the decision was fair or not - it doesn't matter anymore. everyone is entitled to believe what they want to believe. as for lasalle's "standing up for the truth is our definition of winning" i think this says it all.ü

so i don't think biased ang ABS kasi 2 admu games ang pinalabas. hehe! with regards to the shot clock, game clock and the scoreboard, chempre gusto dn nman ng studio23 na ganun para masaya lahat, pero there are many factors that they have to consider for that kaya don't be so harsh on them. iba nman ang NBA eh. you can't compare UAAP sa NBA, kaya wag dn natin icompare ang coverage ng studio23 sa coverage ng NBA. asa pilipinas lng tau noh, asa amerika kaya ang NBA. dba? hehe, di ako nagtatrabaho sa abs ah, i just believe na ok nman ang coverage nla sa UAAP.

Howard the Duck
08-11-2007, 09:08 PM
actually, they were not biased because the 2 ateneo games they showed in the replay had different results for the
xxx

dude, chill, i was just kidding about the 2 admu games replay. kaya nga may :P sa dulo

as for the NBA, what I like about S23's scoreboardi is that the text are big. however, the scoreboard is overburdened with unncecessary logos in which couldn't be discerned quite clearly, even in big TVs. so it could be removed for the next season's scoreboard.

also sana, iisa na lang ang style ng scoreboard for both NCAA, UAAP and any other sports events S23 is planning to cover. parang ESPN

atenean_blooded
08-11-2007, 09:45 PM
actually, they were not biased because the 2 ateneo games they showed in the replay had different results for the
xxx

dude, chill, i was just kidding about the 2 admu games replay. kaya nga may :P sa dulo

as for the NBA, what I like about S23's scoreboardi is that the text are big. however, the scoreboard is overburdened with unncecessary logos in which couldn't be discerned quite clearly, even in big TVs. so it could be removed for the next season's scoreboard.

also sana, iisa na lang ang style ng scoreboard for both NCAA, UAAP and any other sports events S23 is planning to cover. parang ESPN

Again, we won't mind if the scoreboard has Andi's face.

Howard the Duck
08-11-2007, 10:57 PM
xxx

replace the smart logo with andi's videos ;D

toti_mendiola
08-11-2007, 11:19 PM
xxx

replace the smart logo with andi's videos ;D

Yep and she could replace the smart logos in the NCAA as well. ;)sigh

pablohoney
08-14-2007, 02:07 AM
Pwede ba bigyan nang sariling segment ang mga UAAP courtside reporters? Everytime kase na nagrereport sila, hindi naman deadball situation, tuloy may mga instances na namimiss ng mga viewers ang actual game. I know the role the commercials play (READ: money). Kahit one minute lang na courtside report kapag DEADBALL. Sa tinigin ko, madami na iyung 2 sa isang quarter sila magreport, so maybe Studio23 people may want to go on air a little earlier on one occassion to give the courtside reporters their ...report.And since popular na ang cheerdancing, many people are actually looking forward to the halftime performaces of each teams' pep squads. Giving them (pep squads) exposures as well serves as advertising the yearly CDC. More money pa iyun di ba?

Tsaka tama kayo... hanef nga si ANDI. Pero OK pa din si Tracy.
Pareho silang ...........PWEDE* ;D

batangueño
08-14-2007, 11:02 AM

Makikita mo nga yung bias nila doon sa "Madrama" campaign nila. Tingnan mo yung mga characters doon, nakasuot lahat ng green. >:( ;D

BigBlue
08-14-2007, 11:15 AM

Makikita mo nga yung bias nila doon sa "Madrama" campaign nila. Tingnan mo yung mga characters doon, nakasuot lahat ng green. >:( ;D

that's a pretty hasty conclusion to make. biased against what school? there are three schools in the UAAP that use green as one of their school colors.

batangueño
08-14-2007, 11:37 AM
that's a pretty hasty conclusion to make. biased against what school? there are three schools in the UAAP that use green as one of their school colors.

Biro lang naman yun, BigBlue. You can clearly see the ;D at the end of my statement, right? ;)

mighty_lion
08-14-2007, 11:40 AM
Speaking of courtside reporters sana meron ding features ang mga courtside reporters sa Sports TV. Basta special at last feature si Andi ;D

batangueño
08-14-2007, 11:58 AM
Speaking of courtside reporters sana meron ding features ang mga courtside reporters sa Sports TV. Basta special at last feature si Andi ;D

Request natin yan kay kenandmaybs. Sana mabasa niya itong napakaganda at kapuri-puring suggestion mo na ito. ;D

RockLobster
08-14-2007, 12:01 PM
May SportsTV pa ba?

bluewing
08-14-2007, 01:31 PM
ano yung SportsTV?

RockLobster
08-14-2007, 02:58 PM
Yung sports magazine show ni very pretty George Rocha, Lakers-for-life Gino Rufino, and the very annoying Bobby Yan. Used to be right after the UAAP coverage on Studio 23. Then one time I heard it was moved to 7:00 PM. And then, I heard Gino on Hardball say something like it was his "old show". I kinda assumed na wala na sya kasi wala na ring Breakfast eh.

kenandmaybs
08-14-2007, 04:33 PM
sad to say SPORTS TV is not airing anymore :(
baka puwede sa samsung uaap sports center which airs every tuesday 5:30 to 6 AM, request ko sa producer ng show ;D

RockLobster
08-14-2007, 04:45 PM
^Pwede bang ireplay din yang Samsung UAAP Sports Center before or after the game day replays on cable? Ang aga ng Tuesday run nya eh--nasa office pa ko. :)

bluewing
08-14-2007, 06:17 PM
ah, yun pala yon. well, the fact that bobby yan was in it was probably the reason i never watched it, nor did the name of the show stick with me.... george rocha notwithstanding.

eightyfiver
08-15-2007, 10:32 AM
During last ADMU-UE pregame. Vanna Lim narrated her interview with Bacon Austra regarding their previous game: "We just showed up, but we didn't play basketball."

You can view Bacon's statement literally or figuratively. :D

muddatrucker
08-25-2007, 06:37 PM
Webcam ba ang ginagamit para sa hoop cam (or whatever you call the overhead camera on the board)? The video quality's awful.

bluewing
08-25-2007, 06:40 PM
nasaan si Andi? bakit wala sya kanina?!?

tigerman
08-25-2007, 07:41 PM
^ Sigurado akong magkahalong emosyon ang meron ka kanina.
Happy for the win but sad for her absence.* ;D

Kainis naman bakit wala siya. grrr...

She was the missing link kanina for the Tams.* :P

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

batangueño
08-25-2007, 07:49 PM
It's nice seeing Hazel Aguilon doing courtside reporting stuff again. ;D

Howard the Duck
08-25-2007, 08:23 PM
boom is so biased ;D

bluewing
08-25-2007, 09:51 PM

bad trip nga eh... sabik pa naman ako sa andi fix ko.

freak
08-27-2007, 11:49 PM

sino me alam ng dahilan ba't wala si andi nung sunday? :(

Howard the Duck
08-28-2007, 09:12 AM
Happy for the win but sad for her absence. ;D

sino me alam ng dahilan ba't wala si andi nung sunday? :(
nasa bahay kasi namin ;D

batangueño
08-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Totoo ba na papatapos na ang five-year contract ng UAAP with ABS-CBN Sports? ???

kenandmaybs
08-30-2007, 10:46 PM
hindi pa po, hanggang next season pa ang contract namin....mali ang source ni julius manicad :D

batangueño
08-30-2007, 11:41 PM
hindi pa po, hanggang next season pa ang contract namin....mali ang source ni julius manicad* :D

Thanks kenandmaybs. Akala ko kasi tapos na ang contract at baka magkaroon ulit ng bidding. OK naman kasi ang working relationship ng ABS-CBN at ng UAAP eh. ;) :D

atenean_blooded
09-01-2007, 09:00 PM
The Ateneo-Adamson game is currently being replayed on Sky Channel 61.

JonarSabilano
09-02-2007, 06:26 AM
Yes, replays will be shown at Sky Cable channel 61. I think Sky has added another sports channel to its lineup. Kagabi, tennis ang pinapalabas...

aircanda
09-02-2007, 10:32 PM
Totoo ba na papatapos na ang five-year contract ng UAAP with ABS-CBN Sports? ???

sir, kung matatapos nxt year ung contract nio?malaki ba ang chances nio na marerenew ang contract? kc baka kunin kau ng basketball tv.. eh ala ung bulok na "DESTINY CABLE" ng btv.. sana sa abs pa ren kau.. :(

Howard the Duck
09-02-2007, 10:33 PM
buti na lang present sina andi & tracy ;D

kenandmaybs
09-03-2007, 12:09 AM
renewal of the contract will depend on our negotiations with the uaap, of course we will fight tooth and nail to retain the rights since we love the uaap! hope all will go well then.... :D

jayverns
09-03-2007, 12:17 AM
i doubt it kung bibitawan ng ABS Sports ang UAAP, malaki rin kasi ang naitutulong nito sa station dahil ang target audience dito ay hindi lang mga basketball fanatics kundi pati na rin mga collegiate students.

batangueño
09-03-2007, 12:23 AM
I still think that there is no reason for the UAAP to severe its business relationship with ABS-CBN Sports. Maganda naman ang serbisyo ng ABS-CBN Sports. Maganda na ang production, matindi pa ang marketing. I doubt if ABC Sports and a combined GMA-Solar effort could replicate the same kind of quality coverage and marketing of the UAAP that ABS-CBN Sports is giving to the league nowadays.

5FootCarrot
09-03-2007, 08:41 AM
Question - talaga bang "Siverino" ang pagbaybay ng pangalan ni Nonoy Baclao? Ang alam ko kasi ay "S E V E R I N O" ang pangalan niya.

Howard the Duck
09-03-2007, 09:30 AM
^alam mo na man ang mga bisaya....

5FootCarrot
09-03-2007, 10:01 AM
I figured the wrong spelling was because of a regional accent. Still, unless Ateneo and Studio 23 know better (because I'm allowing for the possibility that they've seen actual official documents spelling Nonoy's name), AFAIK it's spelled wrong.

kenandmaybs, pakisabihan naman po ang mga kinauukulan (kung kinakailangan pa). :)

batangueño
09-03-2007, 10:40 AM
Para walang away, Nonoy na lang ang gamitin. Besides, Nonoy is better known to UAAP fans as Nonoy instead of Severino. ;D

oca
09-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Yung first name ni Baclao, from the start of the season, yun na ang nakikita ko sa TV coverage. Kung mali, palagay ko naman by this time na correct na yun.

Dahil na rin sa south of Luzon yan pinanganak, huwag kayo magtaka sa "ispiling" ng first name. Tatlo lang ang vowels sa lugar na iyon. *;D

bladerunner
09-03-2007, 03:40 PM
It would be nice if they can include the High School that a particular player attended and played for in the information box that they flash during the coverage, especially when a player is shooting free throws.

BigBlue
09-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Ok na suggestion yun. bladerunner, although I dont think many schools would warm up to the idea. Isipin mo:

Juan de la Cruz
Averages 4.5 pts, 2.3rebs
High School: PEP Test

Howard the Duck
09-03-2007, 04:14 PM
Ok na suggestion yun. bladerunner, although I dont think many schools would warm up to the idea. Isipin mo:

Juan de la Cruz
di ba kahit nag pep-test may HS pa rin? ???

BigBlue
09-03-2007, 04:34 PM

Juan de la Cruz

Howard naman, ngayon na nga lang ako humirit eh, pagbigyan mo na ko! hahaha.. :D

but seriously, you could be home schooled and take the PEP test right? so parang ganun na din yun.

Howard the Duck
09-03-2007, 04:42 PM

Juan de la Cruz

Howard naman, ngayon na nga lang ako humirit eh, pagbigyan mo na ko! hahaha.. :D

but seriously, you could be home schooled and take the PEP test right? so parang ganun na din yun.

oo nga no? pero may UAAP school ba natanggap sa isang home school pep test-passer? :P

bladerunner
09-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Oo nga, I can see how awkward it would be for some schools, given the supposed prevalence of recruitment via the PEP Test in the league. Buti sana kung matino ang sistema ng pagbibigay ng PEP Test.

But there is a lot of info, or at least insights, to be had regarding a particular player just by knowing which HS basketball program, or non-program, he belonged to. Sayang naman, simple lang naman siguro to add that bit of info.

Cheers! :)

aircanda
09-03-2007, 06:43 PM
eh NCAA hanggang kelan?

Howard the Duck
09-03-2007, 06:45 PM
eh NCAA hanggang kelan?
kakasign pa lang daw ng 5-year contract this year.

aircanda
09-04-2007, 09:30 PM
^ salamat sir

bluewing
09-07-2007, 09:16 AM
tanong para sa mga destiny cable subscribers:

MAY STUDIO 23 BA SA DESTINY?

thanks.

Ghostrider
09-07-2007, 09:51 AM
tanong para sa mga destiny cable subscribers:

MAY STUDIO 23 BA SA DESTINY?

thanks.

Meron.

Its classified as a free-to-air channel (though on the UHF band). Therefore, cable providers are mandated to include them in their channel programming.

bluewing
09-07-2007, 10:02 AM
^

thanks, ghost.

so di kailangan ng separate antenna?

btw, mukhang magkaka-basketball TV ka na, manong ghost. hehehe. ;)

dips15
09-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Matagal nang may basketball tv. Premium channel lang siya. So you pay an extra 200. Kasama rin espn, star and supersports and some chinese channels. Weird thing is, alam ko kasama sa basic package in some areas ang espn and star.

On the TV coverage, I haven't backread but I noticed parang nagtitipid ang Studio 23 sa paglagay ng updated scores and the time during the game. I find myself asking what the score is and Studio 23 just refusing to put the score. And usually you also really want to know the time remaining almost all the time especially during the 2nd half. The TV coverage is just poor.

easter
09-07-2007, 06:30 PM
On the TV coverage, I haven't backread but I noticed parang nagtitipid ang Studio 23 sa paglagay ng updated scores and the time during the game. I find myself asking what the score is and Studio 23 just refusing to put the score. And usually you also really want to know the time remaining almost all the time especially during the 2nd half. The TV coverage is just poor.

Yes ito ang negative part ng season na ito as compared to the last one. Another thing is mabagal mag-update and even at times mali ang score kaya nakakalito.

aircanda
09-07-2007, 07:50 PM
nakakasama talaga ng loob yang destiny cable.. :(

dips15
09-10-2007, 11:22 AM
Well, rumor is all solar channels will be taken out of sky cable.

BTW, the coverage of the UAAP is just getting worse. The coverage always goes back to gameplay late. I don't get it since the length of time outs are standard, they should be able to plan the length of commercials each time. I guess they just prioritize revenue more than quality and viewer satisfaction by adding another commercial even if it means missing out on a crucial play.

vickster
09-10-2007, 12:08 PM

BTW, the coverage of the UAAP is just getting worse. The coverage always goes back to gameplay late. I don't get it since the length of time outs are standard, they should be able to plan the length of commercials each time. I guess they just prioritize revenue more than quality and viewer satisfaction by adding another commercial even if it means missing out on a crucial play.

this is like killing the goose that laid the golden egg. they are sacrificing the product (the game) for commercialism. in yesterday's DLSU-ADMU game for example, 90% of the time, the coverage came back to live action after commercials very late, usually a play or two late. Jobe Nkemakolam's putback to give ADMU the lead in the 3rd after a long time was a prime example of a crucial play missed out by the coverage.

I say put in your commercials early, take away the initial segment where the courtside reporters do a pregame intro on location, since what they say at that time usually doesnt add anything to the coverage. Use that spot for more commercials and preserve the game coverage. Halftime breaks also provide a lot of opportunity to plug in the ads.

We know revenue is important but i'm sure proper planning will help preserve the completeness of the game while still bringing in the dough.

Howard the Duck
09-10-2007, 12:35 PM

this is like killing the goose that laid the golden egg. they are sacrificing the product (the game) for commercialism. in yesterday's DLSU-ADMU game for example, 90% of the time, the coverage came back to live action after commercials very late, usually a play or two late. Jobe Nkemakolam's putback to give ADMU the lead in the 3rd after a long time was a prime example of a crucial play missed out by the coverage.

I say put in your commercials early, take away the initial segment where the courtside reporters do a pregame intro on location, since what they say at that time usually doesnt add anything to the coverage. Use that spot for more commercials and preserve the game coverage. Halftime breaks also provide a lot of opportunity to plug in the ads.

We know revenue is important but i'm sure proper planning will help preserve the completeness of the game while still bringing in the dough.

During the fourth quarter, the word "L I V E" wasn't seen under the S23 logo. To do those at the venue: what time did the game end?

bchoter
09-10-2007, 03:34 PM
Dapat lang alisin na yung live if you base it on the giant screen at the big dome you'll notice 3-4 seconds of lag time between the live action and the one shown on the screen :D

JonarSabilano
09-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Dapat lang alisin na yung live if you base it on the giant screen at the big dome you'll notice 3-4 seconds of lag time between the live action and the one shown on the screen :D

Yeah, I noticed that too. Akala ko nung una, replay lang. 'Yun pala, "delayed live telecast" na. ;D

Howard the Duck
09-10-2007, 05:56 PM

Yeah, I noticed that too. Akala ko nung una, replay lang. 'Yun pala, "delayed live telecast" na. ;D

Maybe to make way for commercials. There were simply too many, and they won't fit in a standard FIBA timeout.

bchoter
09-10-2007, 05:59 PM
At least may 'instant replay' ang audience ;)

dips15
09-11-2007, 03:09 PM
A little bit OT but, IMO, ABS-CBN does not understand sports. Its just insulting to sports fans. All things considered, at least the UAAP coverage have commentators that understand the sport. But to show you how ignorant they are, they sent Christy Fermin to cover a Manny Pacquiao fight!?!? Until this day, they still use Korina Sanchez as an anchor for boxing matches while she obviously doesn't know anything about it. Even Diane Castillejo after covering so many fights and being with big named boxers is yet to be considered an expert in the sport.

As long as money is involved, they will get into the sports and ruin it for us.

true.blue
09-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Requesting Studio23 to:

1. cover the action, not the courtside reporter. the reporter can always be put in a small box in one corner of the screen when she gives her updates.
2. display the score, quarter and time left permanently at the bottom of the screen. If possible, lagay na rin ang number of team fouls.

Did they change directors? The coverage in the previous years was much better.

dips15
09-11-2007, 03:27 PM
Requesting Studio23 to:

1. cover the action, not the courtside reporter. the reporter can always be put in a small box in one corner of the screen when she gives her updates.
2. display the score, quarter and time left permanently at the bottom of the screen. If possible, lagay na rin ang number of team fouls.

Did they change directors? The coverage in the previous years was much better.

The problem is they have different sponsors for the score and the clock. The graphics for each is too big to fit on the screen. So when they do decide to put both on, a quarter of the tv screen is already blocked. In other words, pera pa rin.

bluewing
09-11-2007, 04:40 PM
bakit ang NBA, ang daming sponsor pero hindi mo nahahalata at hindi nagsa-suffer ang telecast?

gago rin kasi yug mga advertisers na talagang gustong sagarin yung exposure eh. imbes na ma-engganyo yung mga nanood na tangkilikin yung produkto nila mura lang ang aabutin nila.

nastrans
09-11-2007, 04:42 PM
bakit ang NBA, ang daming sponsor pero hindi mo nahahalata at hindi nagsa-suffer ang telecast?

gago rin kasi yug mga advertisers na talagang gustong sagarin yung exposure eh. imbes na ma-engganyo yung mga nanood na tangkilikin yung produkto nila mura lang ang aabutin nila.

I think ang rason diyan ay marunong silang maglagay ng mga sponsors at the right time at hindi saturated ang sponsors lalo na pag replay.

tigerman
09-12-2007, 12:08 AM
Requesting Studio23 to:

1.* cover the action, not the courtside reporter.* the reporter can always be put in a small box in one corner of the screen when she gives her updates.

I agree except when Andi's doing the reporting. ;D
Pati na din pala si Sharon. ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

james_ty
09-13-2007, 12:00 PM
Guys, do you have an idea kung sino ang magiging sportscasters mamaya sa UAAP sa Studio 23?

Sana huwag ma-overexpose si Boom mamaya at babalik si Idol Sev.

peterstrauss
09-21-2007, 09:36 AM
would abscbn covers the best of 3 final series of the women's & juniors' division tomorrow? i heard that they would want to cover it & that was the reason the original sked for tomorrow (saturday 22 september) was changed from the morning to the afternoon.

paging kenandmaybes .... please confirm ....

ninoy aquinio stadium september 22, 2007 saturday

2pm Lady Eagles vs UP lady maroons

345pm Blue Eaglets vs DLSZ juniors

james_ty
09-23-2007, 09:13 AM
would abscbn covers the best of 3 final series of the women's & juniors' division tomorrow?* i heard that they would want to cover it & that was the reason the original sked for tomorrow (saturday 22 september) was changed from the morning to the afternoon.

ninoy aquinio stadium* september 22, 2007* saturday

2pm* *Lady Eagles vs UP lady maroons

345pm* Blue Eaglets vs DLSZ juniors

Yesterday, Studio 23 and Sky Cable channel 61 replayed the UST vs. FEU and Ateneo vs. La Salle games played earlier this week.

Those games had to be replayed to give viewers a refresher on why we have this lone game today between the Tigers and the Eagles.

Malamang, if the juniors finals will be extended, it will be aired with the seniors finals.

But that I doubt, because mas tataas ang ratings at advertisers kung seniors finals ang ipapalabas.

Take note, all the La Salle-Ateneo games had plenty of commercials. Even before the starting fives were announced and after the halftime analysis of the sportscasters of Studio 23, may ads din.

kenandmaybs
09-23-2007, 11:06 PM
sorry we're not covering the jrs. and women's finals this year, they're held kasi on separate days from the srs. games e....that would require a separate coverage cost, which would not be feasible without sponsors, and sad to say, pag hindi srs. games sponsors are not willing to support it...
it was the uaap board's decision this year not to play the juniors and women's finals along with the senior's games, kung bakit ganoon, you'll have to ask them their rational behind it.... :o

dips15
09-24-2007, 04:03 PM
would abscbn covers the best of 3 final series of the women's & juniors' division tomorrow? i heard that they would want to cover it & that was the reason the original sked for tomorrow (saturday 22 september) was changed from the morning to the afternoon.

ninoy aquinio stadium september 22, 2007 saturday

2pm Lady Eagles vs UP lady maroons

345pm Blue Eaglets vs DLSZ juniors

Yesterday, Studio 23 and Sky Cable channel 61 replayed the UST vs. FEU and Ateneo vs. La Salle games played earlier this week.

Those games had to be replayed to give viewers a refresher on why we have this lone game today between the Tigers and the Eagles.

Malamang, if the juniors finals will be extended, it will be aired with the seniors finals.

But that I doubt, because mas tataas ang ratings at advertisers kung seniors finals ang ipapalabas.

Take note, all the La Salle-Ateneo games had plenty of commercials. Even before the starting fives were announced and after the halftime analysis of the sportscasters of Studio 23, may ads din.

I think Studio 23 may be adding commercials throughout the playoffs and the final 4 considering that what should be double headers (4+ hour coverage) have turned into 1 game affairs (2+ hour coverage). The start of the game was unusally delayed and the halftime was even longger considering that the teams were able to have a shoot-around during the break.

At any rate, I was at the game but was also able to catch the replay. The time was hardly shown on tv and there were shots that seemed like it came from an action movie.

To Kenandmaybs, if you are part of the production crew, please take note of the comments on this thread. The director might want to watch NBA games or even the PBA to see how basketball games should be covered. Basketball fans do not want to see the game too close with the sideline cameraman trying to catch up with the ball. Basketball fans want to see the whole play, particularly where everyone is positioned and how the players (offense and defense) are rotating. Furthermore, basketball fans want to constantly know the score and the time because we do want to know where we constantly stand and some even try to formulate their own strategy.

Hopefully the coverage can be improved as we move towards the semifinals and finals.

dark_seid
09-24-2007, 07:15 PM
To Kenandmaybs, if you are part of the production crew, please take note of the comments on this thread. The director might want to watch NBA games or even the PBA to see how basketball games should be covered. Basketball fans do not want to see the game too close with the sideline cameraman trying to catch up with the ball. Basketball fans want to see the whole play, particularly where everyone is positioned and how the players (offense and defense) are rotating. Furthermore, basketball fans want to constantly know the score and the time because we do want to know where we constantly stand and some even try to formulate their own strategy.

sadly dips this is how broadcasters really cover basketball games. the action being telecast is focused on where the ball is. whatever is off the ball usually do not get airtime unless something has occur. i guess abs-cbn sports is just taking its cue from what is the norm in covering basketball games.

dips15
09-25-2007, 04:28 PM

sadly dips this is how broadcasters really cover basketball games. the action being telecast is focused on where the ball is. whatever is off the ball usually do not get airtime unless something has occur. i guess abs-cbn sports is just taking its cue from what is the norm in covering basketball games.

Of course the focus should always be where the ball is. What I meant was, there are times that the director chose angles that are more for action movies (with the camera moving to and fro) than a steady angle that would show us how the ball and players are rotating.

kenandmaybs
09-26-2007, 10:28 PM
I understand all the comments posted about the tv coverage, I am not from production, so I am not an expert on the angles and shots that are being suggested, but I do agree with you about the scoreboard and gameclock not being shown on-air as often as it should be....I've brought this up with our director numerous times, and somehow due probably to having new personnel on board, it's not reliable as the past years, but hopefully next year we can do something about it....sorry po sa pagkukulang...

as for commercials, no we are not prolonging games, but there are slightly more commercials now compared to the regular season, simply because advertisers know more people watch during the semis and finals, so nadadagdagan sya...however the commercial load this year is nowhere near the semis and finals last 2005....so it's really not that bad yet....

dips15
09-28-2007, 11:26 AM
I understand all the comments posted about the tv coverage, I am not from production, so I am not an expert on the angles and shots that are being suggested, but I do agree with you about the scoreboard and gameclock not being shown on-air as often as it should be....I've brought this up with our director numerous times, and somehow due probably to having new personnel on board, it's not reliable as the past years, but hopefully next year we can do something about it....sorry po sa pagkukulang...

as for commercials, no we are not prolonging games, but there are slightly more commercials now compared to the regular season, simply because advertisers know more people watch during the semis and finals, so nadadagdagan sya...however the commercial load this year is nowhere near the semis and finals last 2005....so it's really not that bad yet....

Actually its not the amount of commercials thats bothersome. Its the fact that some gameplay are skipped because of the acceptance of commercials. I think it is pretty reasonable to explain to advertisers that you only have so much time of commercials to offer because of a fixed amount of time outs and the fixed time for every break. I would think that if the demand is that high, you could still strike a balance by limiting slots for commercials and just charging more for each slot.

Again, during the 4th AdMU - DLSU game, there were a lot of plays missed because of excessive commercials. I remember an instance where time out was called after a foul with the ball being with Ateneo. The coverage came back with Ateneo having possession but it was evident that possession had already exchanged hand from Ateneo to La Salle to Ateneo.

Furthermore on a less irritating point, but irritating none the less, free throws were not shown because of the focus of the Silverworks Outstanding Alumni blah... Please explain to whoever times these segments that the audience would be more adverse to the sponsor if they happen to miss an important play because of such segments.

On a different note, isn't the coverage on the current juniors game much much nicer? Without the Smart or Samsung logos, studio 23 is showing that they can always keep the score, game clock and shot clock on all the time. Or is this just a different director?

james_ty
09-30-2007, 10:54 AM
Sino ang kokober ng Ateneo vs. La Salle mamaya?

Boom Gonzales na naman?

Sana si Sev Sarmenta na lang.

And I hope Sev gets a good partner.

Wala si Ronnie Magsanoc ngayon dahil birthday ng misis niya today, he told me.

Jeep
10-04-2007, 03:05 PM
hope some kind soul will give us poor office-bound mortals the blow-by-blow of this finals game, which should be starting by now. thanks!

trencher_k
10-04-2007, 05:37 PM
DLSU just won by 1 point, 64-63. Congratulations to the Green Archers. :)

JonarSabilano
10-08-2007, 10:51 AM
During yesterday's award ceremonies, the graphics for JV Casio spelled his name as "JOSPEH". And this happened not only once, but twice.

_weheh_
01-07-2008, 05:51 PM
i hope studio23 shows more uaap games(previous seasons) like what they did last tuesday and friday. they replayed the final four games(ateneo-feu) and the knockout game of ue and ust in season 63 (year 2000).

Guardian Angel
06-28-2008, 08:28 PM
Will Studio 23 have replays of all the games like they did last year?

bluewing
06-28-2008, 09:01 PM
sana.

kenandmaybs
06-30-2008, 05:11 PM
yes, the usual 8-12 midnight on the same day of the games in MYSKY channel 33...

Howard the Duck
06-30-2008, 06:11 PM
this is ABS-CBN sports
puro replays

Guardian Angel
06-30-2008, 07:13 PM
yes, the usual 8-12 midnight on the same day of the games in MYSKY channel 33...

Thanks. Was trying to check out replays for the NCAA on the same day but there was none. Good to know there will be UA replays.

jeffjan
06-30-2008, 10:14 PM
wow! ayos yung replays kapag nanood ka sa venue at na-miss mo yung live telecast sa s23. 8)

kenandmaybs
07-01-2008, 11:44 AM
actually may NCAA replays also on MYSKY, nagkatechnical glitch lang kami the 1st day, but you should see it starting Wednesday :)

batangueño
07-01-2008, 12:00 PM
Hi Kabayang kenandmaybs! It's nice seeing you here again. :)

Good luck to the ABS-CBN broadcast team behind this season's UAAP coverage. :)

By the way, will the same team of sportscasters (Boom Gonzalez, TJ Manotoc, Sev Sarmenta, Ronnie Magsanoc, Eric Tipan and Mark Molina) be back to cover the games? ;)

nastrans
07-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Musgni was asked about the TV coverage and he said that they plan to go into HD by '09.

kenandmaybs
07-01-2008, 05:36 PM
yes the same team, and sometime Prof. Randy Sacdalan will also cover the games :)

batangueño
07-01-2008, 05:42 PM
yes the same team, and sometime Prof. Randy Sacdalan will also cover the games :)

That's good news. :)

Will Randy Sacdalan and Sev Sarmenta cover the Ateneo-La Salle game on Sunday just like what they did last year? :)

Also, got pictures of this year's batch of courtside reporters? ;D

kenandmaybs
07-01-2008, 11:51 PM
sorry I don't take pics e....but our good friend James Ty over at the other forum will surely help you out :D

batangueño
07-02-2008, 12:00 AM
sorry I don't take pics e....but our good friend James Ty over at the other forum will surely help you out* :D

Thanks Kabayang kenandmaybs. :)

I was able to see some of the photos of the latest batch of UAAP courtside reporters that James Ty took. UE's Alexis Go is hot. ;D

Kabayan, will it be possible for the scores and the clock to be kept constantly on screen? Aside from being important during replays by officials, it is easier to keep track of the game whenever the scores and the clock are constantly on screen. :)

evil_fish
07-02-2008, 04:19 AM

yahoo!

kenandmaybs
07-02-2008, 09:24 AM
yes we've convinced the sponsors this season that the scoreboard and the gameclock should be shown at the same time in the interest of the fans.....nakinig kami sa inyo e :D

Eagle_Eyes
07-02-2008, 09:37 AM
is Accenture still sponsoring the tournament this year?

nel
07-02-2008, 10:07 AM
yes we've convinced the sponsors this season that the scoreboard and the gameclock should be shown at the same time in the interest of the fans.....nakinig kami sa inyo e* :D

Just a suggestion: can we request the camera crew not to do crazy angles of the halftime cheerleading performance of each school? For some reason, the cameramen on the court tilt the cameras at odd angles while the cheerleaders are on the floor, something they do with dancers on the noontime shows. They have to remember that this isn't a noontime show dance number.

The cheerleaders' performance is a matter of interest to the viewers from their school, and the best view is probably a stable long shot from the camera in the stands at halfcourt so the viewers can see the entire performance of the team. Also, please avoid extended closeup shots of individual cheerdancers because viewers miss out on the performance of the rest of the team. This isn't a beauty contest that they are covering.

If you were able to watch the US cheerleading competitions occasionally shown on ESPN, the cameras almost always show the entire team performing, no crazy floor angles, very few if any closeup shots of individual performers. That should be the standard that the tv coverage should try to meet.

The_Big_Cat
07-02-2008, 10:59 AM
^What can I say? Its ABS-CBN. They're trying to make a variety show out of a college basketball game.

kenandmaybs
07-02-2008, 04:24 PM
haha sige papaalam ko sa mga directors ang sinabi nyo.....let's just hope they listen po

batangueño
07-02-2008, 04:31 PM
haha sige papaalam ko sa mga directors ang sinabi nyo.....let's just hope they listen po

Kabayang kenandmaybs, is Al Neri the director for both the UAAP and the NCAA broadcasts? ???

Good luck to all of you at ABS-CBN. Whenever we could not watch the games live at the venues (Araneta, ULTRA), we surely would depend on the broadcast being beamed live over Studio 23. :)

yellow_we
07-02-2008, 10:45 PM
is Accenture still sponsoring the tournament this year?

yes, Accenture will sponsor UAAP again. I should know this as I belong to this company. hehe.. :-X

gameface_one
07-03-2008, 08:45 AM
HDTV on the horizon for UAAP by 2009

ABS-CBN Sports, this year's broadcaster of the UAAP and NCAA basketball tournaments, said the network aims to beam the games live in High Definition by next season.

During Monday’s UAAP press conference at the ABS-CBN compound, members of the media asked ABS-CBN Sports executives what the future has in store for the premier collegiate league in terms of its television coverage.

Peter Musngi, ABS-CBN Sports vice-president admitted there a lot of things on the horizon for the UAAP broadcast.

In particular, he mentioned the continued effort to find young blood as every year the UAAP and the NCAA get a fresh bunch of college students to serve as courtside reporters for their respective school teams. The same goes for the main broadcast panel, of which Musngi felt is arguably the best in the country.

He said he feels humbled by other sectors in the local sporting world that have acknowledged that the quality of coverage of ABS-CBN Sports is the bar in which other broadcasters of sporting events have set themselves to meet.

The highlight of the assessment of the future of the television coverage of the UAAP though was the disclosure of Musngi that the games will be broadcast by the network in High Definition by the 2009 season initially available through Sky Cable.

Barring any quick moves by other sports broadcasting networks, that will be the very first local sporting event to be aired on full High Definition, a format of which is fast becoming a standard in major sporting events in the US such as the NBA, NFL, and major golf tournaments of the PGA Tour.

High Definition TV Broadcast has fast become a format of choice by major networks in the US given its superb level of digital clarity. HDTV broadcast take full advantage of most flat screen HDTVs being sold in the market today.

With the move of ABS-CBN Sports to go digital, the potential of airing other major sporting events of ABS-CBN Sports such as high profile boxing matches may well be on High Definition also thru Sky Cable. TJ Manotoc, ABS-CBN News

kenandmaybs
07-03-2008, 08:53 AM
yes, Al Neri is one of our directors for the UAAP. Usually we have 2 directors per day, 1 for each game, and Al is one of them....

freak
07-04-2008, 04:25 PM
meron bang chance na ipakita rin sa ch23 yung replay?

Howard the Duck
07-04-2008, 04:42 PM
sana gawing readable ang score. hindi ko kasi mabasa ng maayos ang scoreboard sa NC ;D

petalpusher
07-06-2008, 11:00 PM
funny, gilbert arenas wasn't mentioned at all... naka-noncompete clause ang nike noh? :P

vickster
07-06-2008, 11:10 PM
suggest better timing and positioning of the courtside reporters reports. because theyre shown covering the whole screen, and they start their reports at odd times, a lot of action is missed or potentially missed. how about using picture in picture for certain spots instead of whole screen all the time?

nel
07-07-2008, 12:22 PM

The coverage was better, but there's still much to be desired. During the halftime cheering, too many floor shots and closeups of the performers. Again, for better appreciation of the total performance, a long shot from the stands is best to give the whole picture of the team.

Also, too many close up shots of people in the stands (who cares who they are, we want to watch the game), to the extent that a lot of action was missed. Also, when the courtside reporters give their reports during the game, it was their faces that was shown, not the game.

Please tell the directors that they should keep in mind what the viewers prefer to see.

bluewing
07-07-2008, 12:30 PM
sana yung mga courside reps, ilagay na lang sa isang maliit na box sa bandang baba (a la kapwa ko mahal ko) habang bumabanat sila. that way, mas matagal ang screen time nila albeit smaller. this way everybody wins. we see the game and we get to stare at the faces of the pretty ones longer, gaya nina kamae, sharon, patricia at yung sa UE.

nel
07-07-2008, 04:27 PM
sana yung mga courside reps, ilagay na lang sa isang maliit na box sa bandang baba (a la kapwa ko mahal ko) habang bumabanat sila. that way, mas matagal ang screen time nila albeit smaller. this way everybody wins. we see the game and we get to stare at the faces of the pretty ones longer, gaya nina kamae, sharon, patricia at yung sa UE.

Agree with this 100%. They should do this also with the assorted "honey" or celebrity shots they are so fond of taking. By devoting the whole video to the faces, too much of the action is missed. Focus on the game instead of the personalities or even the on-screen plugs.

GHRanger
07-07-2008, 04:36 PM
I have a comment on ABSCBN now.

20 sec buffering, 10 sec show, 20 sec buffering, 10 sec show. Sa replays, 10 sec buffering, 10 sec show.

Our connection is a 6Mbps Broadband Cable, our PC is 2.0 core 2 duo with 2GB of memory and a graphics accelerator. We use Windows XP and the latest IE/MediaPlayer. It works well on MMORPG and other streaming services. And as a test, disabled all firewalls and unnecessary programs. Still the same.

Sorry to say, but the ABS CBN Now service was a complete letdown.

batangueño
07-09-2008, 08:40 PM
A suggestion to the ABS-CBN Sports people: Will it be possible to have the names of the referees in charge for a particular game to be displayed on the screen? At least, when the officiating turns sour, we all know whom to put our fingers on. ???

Howard the Duck
07-09-2008, 09:28 PM
ibahin ang font ng scores sa scoreboard... di ko makita :'(

pastatats
07-11-2008, 08:07 AM
May alam akong link for live streaming ng UAAP games kaso bawal yata i-post.

dips15
07-11-2008, 01:36 PM

Agree with this 100%. They should do this also with the assorted "honey" or celebrity shots they are so fond of taking. By devoting the whole video to the faces, too much of the action is missed. Focus on the game instead of the personalities or even the on-screen plugs.

Not to mention that a lot of game play is still missed due to excessive commercials (same problem as last year.). I really don't understand this problem because during the games, you notice that the referees wait for the television coverage to begin before play resumes. Hopefully this will be improved.

About the score being too small, they had a problem with it being too large last year but at least they've learned to keep the game clock on for most of the game.

Another thing, who is the real Ateneo courtside reporter. They had different reporters for both games so far and in my opinion, neither is very good.

james_ty
07-11-2008, 01:40 PM
Guys, haven't you noticed that Sev Sarmenta has been missing from the UAAP panel since the opening day of the season? Any explanations?

john_paul_manahan
07-11-2008, 03:01 PM
Another thing, who is the real Ateneo courtside reporter.* They had different reporters for both games so far and in my opinion, neither is very good.*

ateneo has 2 courtside reporters.

one for thursdays and one for weekends

evil_fish
07-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Hindi ba pwedeng liitan yung Samsung TV na graphics kapag nagsasalita yung courtside reporter. Madalas kase ball-is-in-play na eh tapos nakaharang pa yung nagsasalita. Nakaka-irita yun eh. Pwede naman sigurong ilagay as picture-in-picture yung nagsasalita. ::)

Howard the Duck
07-11-2008, 08:26 PM

Not to mention that a lot of game play is still missed due to excessive commercials (same problem as last year.). I really don't understand this problem because during the games, you notice that the referees wait for the television coverage to begin before play resumes. Hopefully this will be improved.

About the score being too small, they had a problem with it being too large last year but at least they've learned to keep the game clock on for most of the game.

Another thing, who is the real Ateneo courtside reporter. They had different reporters for both games so far and in my opinion, neither is very good.

ibahin na lang ang font for the scores. wag nang fancy fonts, either verdana, tahoma and any readable font na lang

a la-digital kasi ang font ang hirap basahin

THE ONLOOKER
07-11-2008, 11:05 PM
^What can I say? Its ABS-CBN. They're trying to make a variety show out of a college basketball game.

Even this July issue of FHM, you can see UAAP/NCAA teams (NU, Adamson and JRU) headed by Rico Maierhofer with clothes on. ;D

Guardian Angel
07-11-2008, 11:11 PM
Another thing, who is the real Ateneo courtside reporter.* They had different reporters for both games so far and in my opinion, neither is very good.*

ateneo has 2 courtside reporters.

one for thursdays and one for weekends

So the Thursday girl will see very limited airtime?

I think the whole idea of student reporters has reached its useful life. None of them are particularly good and none do the real purpose of having a man/woman on the ball. We don;t get any interesting, relevant information from them. Some don't even understand the game.

tigerman
07-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Why put the pics of Baroca and Atkins side-by-side earlier? ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

evil_fish
07-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Hindi pa rin Pinaliit un bwisit na Samsung TV habang may courtside reporter. Paano na lang pag mainit na yung bakbakan. Marami tayong hindi makikitang eksena. Inu-ulit ko, gusto namin makita lahat ng play mula sa pagdadala ng bola galing sa backcourt hanggang sa frontcourt. Pwede naman liitan un graphics eh ::)

Dark Knight
07-12-2008, 11:52 PM
Why put the pics of Baroca and Atkins side-by-side earlier?* ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

So, whos more appealing? :D

Howard the Duck
07-13-2008, 09:27 AM
di ba pwedeng the same scoreboard for all sports? gaya ng ESPN?

batangueño
07-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Again, may I request ABS-CBN News to please display the names of the referees officiating in every game so that we would be able to take note of them and know which officials are responsible for "confusing" the game. ;D

Also, that Samsung TV courtside reporter display is quite irritating. We miss a lot of the action because of those bloated Samsung TVs plus those irrelevant close-ups of handsome and pretty members of the audience. ::)

dips15
07-13-2008, 10:32 AM
If the courtside reporter thing wasn't bad enough, before you get to their reports, you'll notice a waste of a few more seconds because of the irritating samsung graphic.

batangueño
07-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Hindi na yata nila magagawan ng paraan yang Samsung TV ek ek na yan. Malaki yata ang bayad sa kanila ng mga Koreano eh. ;D

dips15
07-13-2008, 11:04 PM
Hindi na yata nila magagawan ng paraan yang Samsung TV ek ek na yan. Malaki yata ang bayad sa kanila ng mga Koreano eh. ;D

Mukha nga... but watching the replay, I just hoped that the production crew played more attention to what they were showing on TV. Two incidents bothered me in today's coverage particularly in the UE AdMU game:

1. During the final minute of the 1st half, they had the game clock on for the whole of the last minute which was great. Unfortunately the first digit was covered by the Samsung logo. This went on for the whole minute so you didn't know if they had 49, 29 or 9 seconds left on the clock.

2. During the final minutes of the game, they had to show some hyper whatever play and almost missed out on showing a crucial play. (The backboard goal tending called against Baclao)

Just wanted to ask if the crew producing the coverage of the game even likes watching basketball?

Howard the Duck
07-14-2008, 01:54 AM
ewan ko lang ha, but does the UAAP consider lengthening the timeouts? kasi ang games wala pang 2 hours tapos na. kung pinahaba ang TOs more time for sponsored snippets and the courtside reporters. at dapat maikli na rin ang reports nila. di gaya noong last week pagkahaba-haba ng report

atenean_blooded
07-14-2008, 03:21 AM
Again, may I request ABS-CBN News to please display the names of the referees officiating in every game so that we would be able to take note of them and know which officials are responsible for "confusing" the game. ;D

Also, that Samsung TV courtside reporter display is quite irritating. We miss a lot of the action because of those bloated Samsung TVs plus those irrelevant close-ups of handsome and pretty members of the audience. ::)

Dapat may awards din.

"Maasahang Hayup Na Referee of the Game" award, kumbaga.

THE ONLOOKER
07-15-2008, 02:04 AM

Dapat may awards din.

"Maasahang Hayup Na Referee of the Game" award, kumbaga.

"Pigrolac Baboy Na Tawag of the Game"

bluewing
07-15-2008, 03:03 AM
^

HAHAHAHAHA! ;D

batangueño
07-15-2008, 09:45 AM
"Pigrolac Baboy Na Tawag of the Game"

Pwede! ;D

pepman
08-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Pwedeng may courtside reporter na yung camera nakalagay sa baba imbis na mawala with the Samsung logo for male vierwers like me to relaxed?

At tsaka pwedeng ibalik si Sev Sarmenta?Sana...Pero baka nasa Solar na siya..

nel
09-08-2008, 10:24 PM
yes we've convinced the sponsors this season that the scoreboard and the gameclock should be shown at the same time in the interest of the fans.....nakinig kami sa inyo e* :D

Just a suggestion: can we request the camera crew not to do crazy angles of the halftime cheerleading performance of each school? For some reason, the cameramen on the court tilt the cameras at odd angles while the cheerleaders are on the floor, something they do with dancers on the noontime shows. They have to remember that this isn't a noontime show dance number.

The cheerleaders' performance is a matter of interest to the viewers from their school, and the best view is probably a stable long shot from the camera in the stands at halfcourt so the viewers can see the entire performance of the team. Also, please avoid extended closeup shots of individual cheerdancers because viewers miss out on the performance of the rest of the team. This isn't a beauty contest that they are covering.

If you were able to watch the US cheerleading competitions occasionally shown on ESPN, the cameras almost always show the entire team performing, no crazy floor angles, very few if any closeup shots of individual performers. That should be the standard that the tv coverage should try to meet.

After having watched the UAAP coverage for 2 rounds, and the cheerdancing competition last weekend, there hasn't been any change in the way the cameras are used. We're still being victimized by the cockeyed director and cameramen covering the games.

Looks like they have their own ideas of what the tv viewers want, or they feel that they know better than the viewers. Whatever, they didn't listen to any of our comments.

During the halftime cheering coverage of all the games and during the cheerdancing competition, they doggedly insist on doing floor shots and closeups of individual performers, sacrificing the panoramic view of the entire proceedings because of the individual preference of the director or the cameraman. It's impossible to appreciate the performance when you see only a piece of the action.

During the games, they have a tendency to focus on the courtside reporters' face after the game resumes following timeouts or quarter/halftime break, and we miss a lot of the action. The director also keeps the camera views too long on the audience - it's not the audience that the viewers are interested in but what's happening on the court.

After how many years of exclusive coverage, the performance of ABS CBN crews covering the games hasn't improved. Here's hoping that when the contract expires, another network gets to do the coverage. Come to think of it, the Silverstar coverage was a step up compared to what we get now.

Hope these comments reach the ABS CBN people.

bchoter
09-14-2008, 06:42 PM
WTF happened to the ADMU-UE F4 coverage? S17 went off the air in in the 5:00 mark of the 4th Quarter.

clutchjedi
09-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Sana Juniors F4 na lang ang ni-telecast nung sabado imbes na Srs replay.

Sa laki ng kinikita ng ABS-CBN sa UAAP advertising, ganun ba ka-hasel na i-cover nila yun? Kahit alisin nga nila yung mga no-value-added na sportscasters, basta mapakita yung laro, ok na sana.

Tsaka radio coverage din, kung ayaw nila sa AM nila, ibigay na lang sa iba.

BigBlue
09-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Tsaka radio coverage din, kung ayaw nila sa AM nila, ibigay na lang sa iba.

AMEN to this!

james_ty
09-15-2008, 03:44 PM
WTF happened to the ADMU-UE F4 coverage? S17 went off the air in in the 5:00 mark of the 4th Quarter.

Baka may problema sa signal sa TV mo.

patupup
09-15-2008, 03:59 PM

Baka may problema sa signal sa TV mo.

same thing happened to me. naging all blue lang ung screen... pagbalik ng coverage, tapos na! kakainis! >:(

bchoter
09-15-2008, 04:01 PM
Damn! It was a problem with Destiny.

vickster
09-16-2008, 09:11 AM
worse than that, anyone notice the excess commercials again during the admu-ue game? so many plays were left out because studio23 was very late coming back from a timeout. baclao's three pointer was not shown, nor was ryan buenafe's banker in the second quarter. in fact, buenafe's shot was followed by a salamat fastbreak layup jsut as stuido 23 came back on, and because of these back to back baskets, UE had to call a timeout -- so back to commercials after the salamat shot! >:(

patupup
09-16-2008, 09:26 AM
sa dami ng complaints dito on Ch23, I thinks it's high time to transfer it to other channels na lang... like BTV >:(

coreytaylor
09-16-2008, 11:54 AM
^^ maawa ka naman sa mga taong walang cable pre katulad ko

yznier
09-16-2008, 12:21 PM
sa dami ng complaints dito on Ch23, I thinks it's high time to transfer it to other channels na lang... like BTV* >:(

Tingin ko pareho lang mangyayari. Napanood mo ba yung gold medal game sa Olympics? Sangkatutak ang commercial noon. Delayed telecast tuloy yung game.

The_Big_Cat
09-16-2008, 01:34 PM
sa dami ng complaints dito on Ch23, I thinks it's high time to transfer it to other channels na lang... like BTV* >:(

Tingin ko pareho lang mangyayari. Napanood mo ba yung gold medal game sa Olympics? Sangkatutak ang commercial noon. Delayed telecast tuloy yung game.

Plus yung coverage ng BTV in the 2008 FIL-OIL Preseason tourney was also delayed. So far, lahat ng collegiate games that they have covered have all been delays. Including yung sa CCL pa.

bg_eagle
09-16-2008, 02:13 PM

Plus yung coverage ng BTV in the 2008 FIL-OIL Preseason tourney was also delayed. So far, lahat ng collegiate games that they have covered have all been delays. Including yung sa CCL pa.

In fairness to BTV, wala silang choice but to have a delayed telecast since wala namang budget ang mga preseason tournaments. If ever BTV bids for that I'm sure they'll put it on channel 9 or else di rin papayag ang UAAP.

Going back to Studio 23's coverage, ang dami talagang na-miss. With regard to that Salamat shot, they lot a whole minute to commercials. They missed Nonoy Baclao's shot clock beating 3 which I really wanted to watch. Wala man lang replay ang studio 23. Bulok talaga. You would forgive not covering shots which were made a few seconds from the break pero they showed the start of the 4th with already 8:59 left in the clock. Sobrang unforgivable na talaga.

As if covering the final four would be more costly than covering a game between the bottom four. Mukha lang talagang pera. At least kung boxing mahal talaga ang babayaran mo for the right to air it.

bchoter
09-16-2008, 02:47 PM
Will Solar bid for the UAAP considering that Kaboom! has mentioned in other boards that the UAAP, save for the ADM-DLSU games and the playoffs (Which is not even guarranteed), doesn't enjoy a high TV rating and pales in comparison to the PBA overall.

vickster
09-16-2008, 04:45 PM
In fairness to BTV, wala silang choice but to have a delayed telecast since wala namang budget ang mga preseason tournaments.* If ever BTV bids for that I'm sure they'll put it on channel 9 or else di rin papayag ang UAAP.

Going back to Studio 23's coverage, ang dami talagang na-miss.* With regard to that Salamat shot, they lot a whole minute to commercials.* They missed Nonoy Baclao's shot clock beating 3 which I really wanted to watch.* Wala man lang replay ang studio 23.* Bulok talaga.* You would forgive not covering shots which were made a few seconds from the break pero they showed the start of the 4th with already 8:59 left in the clock.* Sobrang unforgivable na talaga.*

As if covering the final four would be more costly than covering a game between the bottom four.* Mukha lang talagang pera.* At least kung boxing mahal talaga ang babayaran mo for the right to air it.

Even in the recent Olympics, NBC allotted reserve air time (meaning unsold air time) just in case of low ratings to be given away for free. Now that's foresight and planning. Paying high rights fees is no excuse to be greedy since studio 23 obviously oversold the airtime, selling ads for more than the total time of the breaks.