PDA

View Full Version : Season 70: Forecast

lyndon_24
06-06-2007, 01:02 AM
What's your analysis? Do you think the TAMS can make it to the Final 4?
Will it be "It's nice to be back" for season 70 in the Final 4 or just a repeat of what happened last season?

I think the only problem right now will be the experience of the team but I'm still positive that they can make it again to the Final 4.* ;)

Dark Knight
06-06-2007, 11:26 AM
The Tams has a very good chance to make it to the F4. I dont think they will allow to be eliminated 2 years in a row. They are doing good in the pre season tournaments. The problem i see lies on the point guard position. Knuttel, Barocca and Cabagnot are all rookies. We need a stable PG that wont crack under pressure.

oca
06-06-2007, 12:37 PM
It will be very tough for FEU to make the F4.

Going by what we have seen this summer, tiyak sa DLSU at UE na and 2 sa 4 na spots. Ateneo is one disciplined team with a good coach and should be a shoo-in sa semis. Palagay ko sang-ayon ang marami na isang slot na lang ang pinaglalabanan.

Kaagaw ng FEU ang defending champs UST at unpredictable NU. With an "intact and veteran core" UST should have the inside track for the fourth slot.

j34dollarz
06-06-2007, 01:38 PM
I HOPE they make it to the final 4.....

and then the finals....

and then......

lyndon_24
06-06-2007, 05:28 PM
A Final 4 finish will be really a big achievement for the team, as we all know it is a rookie-laden team. I agree, let's just hope that the Tams will make it to the Final 4. :)

paul_tamaraws
06-06-2007, 05:45 PM
not only in the Final 4, im hoping makapasok ang FEU sa finals kahit rookie-laden team lang sila...

Joescoundrel
06-07-2007, 10:15 AM
FEU will practically start from scratch, and for the first time in a long time, won't have a legit big-name superstar on its lineup. Jonas Villanueva and Jeff Chan are both gone, leaving Benedict Fernandez the lone returning veteran still connected to the last FEU championship. Fernandez has a lot of experience and has improved as a fulltime pointguard but will never be mistaken for an All Star.

As such the Tams will be relying on a lot of relative newcomers: second-year players Marnel Barachael, Ron Cabagnot and RJ Gerilla will have to establish themselves and become consistent fulltime contributors. FEU cannot afford to simply get "quality minutes" or "rotation contributions" from this trio. Rookies Toto Cawaling and Jun Cervantes should be immediate impact players although as rookies playing in the roar and glare of UAAP ball will test their nerve.

Missing in action are Jun Vinluan (who has reportedly migrated to a US territory) and Billy Afable. Without these two FEU loses a lot of size and rebounding at the 3, 4 and 5 spots.

Bottomline: FEU will scare the bejeezus out of the UAAP with their advantage in size and superb athleticism. But they remain untested in pressure situations and no longer have that superstar to carry the cudgels when all else fails. It'd be a crapshoot as of now if they will make the Final 4.

christian
06-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Whatever happened to RB Mangahas?

jiggerman04
06-07-2007, 04:07 PM
si Paguia ba hindi maglalaro sa tams? parang hindi ko kasi napapansin pangalan niya...sayang magaling pa man din yun

lyndon_24
06-07-2007, 08:36 PM
^ i think he has a year left for the Juniors. I really just don't know about it or he's one of the transferees to play for UP. I haven't seen Paguia in the line-up for NSL or even FMC. I saw Knuttle, Mangahas (younger) and Yaya in the line-up but no signs of Paguia. Malakas siya na player sa juniors pero I'm not quite sure about playing for the Seniors. I just hope Team B muna siya if ever nasa FEU pa siya. :)

Joescoundrel
06-08-2007, 09:07 AM
RB Mangahas has played out his eligibility, as has Francis Barcellano. Barcellano is in the PBL while Mangahas is apparently trying to migrate to the US.

As for Jonas Paguia, a featured gameface.ph future star, it seems he's joined Jack Bauer as an MIA. No one has seen hide nor hair of him since after the Season 69 Juniors Finals. I know he's done with high school and is ready to move up to the college ranks, but apprently there is some kind of snag and he hasn't been lined up for the Tams in any of the offseason tournaments. This is quite a pity considering the kid can play, and brings plenty of size and athletic ability as a college 4/3. I daresay he's even better than Soc Rivera, and plays more efficiently.

gfy
06-08-2007, 09:17 AM
Nandun daw palagi si Paguia sa GF niya. Sabi ng iba, enrolled na daw sa FEU college. Di naman matatanda lahat ang FEU. Sina Cawaling, Sanga and the young Mangahas ay mga 17-18 years old lang daw.

lyndon_24
06-08-2007, 11:25 AM
^ so he refuses to play for either seniors team A or B? or he was not invited? ???

lekiboy
06-08-2007, 12:32 PM
Nandun daw palagi si Paguia sa GF niya. Sabi ng iba, enrolled na daw sa FEU college. Di naman matatanda lahat ang FEU. Sina Cawaling, Sanga and the young Mangahas ay mga 17-18 years old lang daw.

sabi ng bubwit ko nagkakape din daw si jonas kasama yung GF niya...saan kaya nagkape? ;D ;D ;D

gfy
06-08-2007, 01:10 PM
Mas reliable ata bubwit mo* ;D. Nasa San Beda na ba?

LION
06-08-2007, 01:33 PM
Uhmmm loko ka lekiboy, sabi ni Mike wala daw magsasalita.* Si Pascual lang daw ang pwedeng pag usapan. :-X

lekiboy
06-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Uhmmm loko ka lekiboy, sabi ni Mike wala daw magsasalita.* Si Pascual lang daw ang pwedeng pag usapan. :-X

teka teka...nagkape lang ang sinabi ko....yun lang po ha...:):)
di ko natanong kung latte, frapuccino o 3 in 1.... :P

LION
06-08-2007, 04:30 PM
Ah hehehe. Oo nga naman, di mo nga naman sinabing Monks' Blend ang iniinom niyang kape. ;D

lekiboy
06-08-2007, 04:33 PM
Ah hehehe.* *Oo nga naman, di mo nga naman sinabing Monks' Blend ang iniinom niyang kape.* * ;D

ang alam ko lang sa Surigao galing yung coffee... :)

jiggerman04
06-11-2007, 01:09 AM
oo nga nasa sanbeda na si paguia? parang may kutob ako dun sa mga bubwit ni lekiboy e..hehe

Joescoundrel
06-28-2007, 12:03 PM
From Lyndon in the "Waiting..." thread___

"Starting 5 (my opinion)
Fernandez
Cabagnot
Baracael
Cervantes (very promising 4/5 player)
Gerilla

a pretty tall line-up and i find it really something to look forward too.

Off the bench:
Cawaling (6th man)
Barroca / Knuttel (from FERN)
Yaya (from FERN)
Adolfo
Tanuan
Abaring
Vinluan"

To the FEU Regulars here, is this already the final and official (parang COMELEC...) lineup of the Tams for Season 70?

Are we hardcore hoops junkies really not going to see gameface.ph future superstar JONAS PAGUIA at the Seniors level?

Is Jun Vinluan really still with the team or has he gone abroad as one member here stated in another thread herein?

Its just a week or so away to Opening. The rest of gameface.ph would love to know what FEU has in its arsenal.

Dark Knight
06-28-2007, 01:38 PM
Thats pretty much the line up. How i wish i was still studying at FEU to get an inside scoop.

Dark Knight
08-14-2008, 11:35 PM
Thread locked. Thanks for the replies.