PDA

View Full Version : Old Faces, New Faces

christian
06-03-2007, 04:33 PM
As season 83 is just around the corner, this thread is for the players we will miss (those who graduated, left team, mysteriously disappeared etc.) and of course, the new faces (rookies, transferees, returnees).

I'll start.

San Beda College - Alexander Angeles (Season 82 Team Captain) completed his tour of duty.

Sam Miguel
06-04-2007, 10:30 AM
Christian, you mean Yousif Aljamal will still play for San Beda? I thought he was done as well?

I am excited about seeing DAVE MARCELO and GARVO LANETE in action for the Red Lions. These two represent the future for San Beda basketball, and the future may well be now.

I will definitely miss BOYET BAUTISTA and AARON ABAN of Letran. These two made watching Letran ball so much more fun and exciting with their athletic gifts and high basketball IQs.

oca
06-04-2007, 10:42 AM
"Old faces" bang maituturing ang suspension ng PCU?

Many NCAA regulars had expected Season83 to be JASON CASTRO's stage for basketball stardom. He together with Dualan's "veteran rookies" who red shirted last season, were expected to give the Red Lions the biggest challenge.

But then....

LION
06-04-2007, 10:47 AM
Yousif Aljamal's tour of duty ends after Season 83.

Gone are Micah Evangelista (disciplinary action), Martin Antonio (off to Guam), Kevin Espinosa (Team B), Du Canlas (injury) and Kris Taupa (Team B).

New faces, aside from Lanete and Marceo, are Anjo Caram (pg) and Elvin Pacual (c).

Rejoining the team is Chico Tirona, an "old face".

The last slot is vacant. *Alvin Padilla (pg) is still injured but it might be given to him.

I will also miss Mark Balneg and Hafer Mondragon of the Letran Knights, Floyd Dedicatoria of JRU and the whole PCU team, especially Jason Castro and Gabby Espinas. * ;D

AnthonyServinio
06-04-2007, 01:01 PM
GOODBYE and thank you very much for the memories and the legacy to Coaches Koy Banal, Horacio Lim and Raymond Valenzona. Basketball is a small world so I know our paths will cross again outside of the NCAA.

GOOD LUCK to Coaches Frankie Lim, Leo Isaac and George Gallent. May you all lead and guide your young wards to greater heights this season.

ESCALERA JR.
06-04-2007, 04:24 PM
I've had enough of Boyet and Aaron of the Knights.They've had their fair share of varsity celebrity status lalo na nung 2 championships for Letran.. Time for other knights to shine,

Pero bitin ako kay MARK BALNEG. This season could have been his time to break-out on his own I like the way he brings out the best in the opposing team specially when he starts trash-talking (re against Sanbeda & PCU). Masayang panoorin ;).

Seriously, Jason Casto will be missed. And the big guy who missed the shot during the finals (ano bang pangalan nun ?) Sayang...Castro would have been easily a shoo-in for MVP.

lekiboy
06-04-2007, 06:05 PM
And the big guy who missed the shot during the finals (ano bang pangalan nun ?)* Sayang...Castro would have been easily a shoo-in for MVP.

Tonette Macho. :) ay sorry, OT. Beau Belga pala. :P

LION
06-04-2007, 06:39 PM
^ Anak ng....... muntik ko ng matapon yung kape ko... Mag timpla ka na nga muna ng gatas. ;D

souljah_boy
06-04-2007, 08:57 PM
Wala na si Dedicatoria? I thought maglalaro pa siya since he was a rook two years back?

boozer
06-04-2007, 09:41 PM
I've had enough of Boyet and Aaron of the Knights.They've had their fair share of varsity celebrity status lalo na nung 2 championships for Letran.. Time for other knights to shine,

Pero bitin ako kay MARK BALNEG. This season could have been his time to break-out on his own I like the way he brings out the best in the opposing team specially when he starts trash-talking (re against Sanbeda & PCU). Masayang panoorin ;).

Seriously, Jason Casto will be missed. And the big guy who missed the shot during the finals (ano bang pangalan nun ?) Sayang...Castro would have been easily a shoo-in for MVP.

i remember last year how i hated mark balneg for being so aggressive on defense during a san beda-letran game. para siyang bruce bowen (kulang na lang mga foot kicking moves). will he not be back for letran this coming season?

cub
06-04-2007, 10:07 PM
Gone are Micah Evangelista (disciplinary action), Martin Antonio (off to Guam), Kevin Espinosa (Team B), Du Canlas (injury) and Kris Taupa (Team B).

i saw Martin Antonio earlier. parang kakatapos lang mag practice ???

Joescoundrel
06-05-2007, 09:29 AM
Floyd Dedicatoria, a gameface.ph Hardcore Player, will be sorely missed. Here was a guy who almost singlehandedly brought the Jose Rizal Bombers back to respectability.

I look forward to seeing the newbies of San Beda as well; it is always good to see the future of Pinoy hoopdom unfolding before one's eyes.

Would anybody know if the Mapua Cardinals lost any key players? Are KELVIN DELA PENA, JOFERSON GONZALEZ, SEAN CO and JERVY DEL ROSARIO all returning? I don't seem to recall ever seeing Gonzalez in the summer tournaments.

Over at Perpetual Help are FRITZ BAUZON, VLADIMIR JOE and KIEL MISA still seeing action for Season 83?

nash_bedista
06-05-2007, 09:42 AM
Mapua is intact lineup parin. Except for Joferson Gonzales(graduate or wala ng playing years) i think final 4 contender pa rin sila. Son of Koy Banal and Former Baby Tams Jonathan Banal is the latest recruit of Mapua Cardinals. Siya yung leading Scorer SA Nike Summer League kung saan nakapasok sila sa Final 4 Beating the undefeated Letran Knights.

LION
06-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Hello Joe,

Kelvin dela Pena, Sean Co and Jervy del Rosario will be back this season sans Joferson Goonzales. * :)

Bauzon, Vladimir Joe and Khiel Misa will still see action for the Altas for one more year. The Altas recruited a 6'8 Indonesian and a 6'5 Malaysian. These two foreign recruits will play this year.

christian
06-05-2007, 09:52 AM
How about over the Stags camp? any development there? and the Blazers too...

San Beda has a very good batch of rookies, even coach Frankie is fun to watch :)

Joescoundrel
06-05-2007, 09:55 AM
Hello Joe,

Kelvin dela Pena, Sean Co and Jervy del Rosario will be back this season sans Joferson Goonzales. * :)

Bauzon, Vladimir Joe and Khiel Misa will still see action for the Altas for one more year.* The Altas recruited a 6'8 Indonesian and a 6'5 Malaysian. These two foreign recruits will play this year.

Lion, so it seems everyone is looking to match up with your Sam Ekwe. 8)

I haven't noticed either of these foreign guys in any offseason tournaments, are they still under wraps?

LION
06-05-2007, 10:11 AM
^ They are not under wraps. I think they are playing in the Nike summer league and a lot of scouts have seen them play. I haven't seen them personally but if the lack of hype is an indication, they are not really impact players. Buti na lang. :)

LION
06-05-2007, 10:24 AM

i saw Martin Antonio earlier. parang kakatapos lang mag practice* ???

Di nga maintindihan yang si Antonio. Definitely wala na daw sa lineup dahil pupunta na ng Guam. I don't know why he is included in the summer games. Di kaya practice player siya?

Mang_Roger
06-05-2007, 10:33 AM
I think Misa and Bauzon will no longer be with the Altas this coming season.

ESCALERA JR.
06-05-2007, 04:55 PM

Pero bitin ako kay MARK BALNEG. This season could have been his time to break-out on his own* I like the way he brings out the best in the opposing team specially when he starts trash-talking (re against Sanbeda & PCU). Masayang panoorin ;).

Seriously, Jason Casto will be missed. And the big guy who missed the shot during the finals (ano bang pangalan nun ?)* Sayang...Castro would have been easily a shoo-in for MVP.

i remember last year how i hated mark balneg for being so aggressive on defense during a san beda-letran game. para siyang bruce bowen (kulang na lang mga foot kicking moves). will he not be back for letran this coming season?

opposing teams loathe him...but we 'love' him many times over just playing for our team. This is one guy you want to be on your side anytime.

In fairness to Balneg, he never went overboard...just an honest to goodness Defense and "harasement" he's assigned to guard...including the trash-talking. That 2nd rd sbc-letran game was really fun to watch, imagine just a mere basket in the 2nd quarter...all because of the very tight guarding on both sides. Ang maganda kay Balneg, may tira pa sa labas...di ko lang alam kung tsamba lang yong mga trs niya. Pero wala na sa line-up namin si Mark. Sayang :(

christian
06-07-2007, 03:00 PM
Sir ESCALERA JR., sino na bang mga nasa line up nyo? and yung mga nawala?

ESCALERA JR.
06-07-2007, 05:28 PM
aside from boyet bautista & aban, wala na rin si balneg,hafer mondragon...maraming newbies. Si rj jazul na siguro ang magiging main man being the most experienced kung play-offs ang paguusapan.

Hindi maganda ang prospects this year for the Knights. Dito natin masusukat ang galing ni coach louie ALAS kung talagang siya nga ang nagdadala sa team... taking a F4 slot is already an achievement with this kind of line-up.

christian
06-07-2007, 09:01 PM
CSB tahimik...

casual_observer
06-07-2007, 10:06 PM
aside from boyet bautista & aban, wala na rin si balneg,hafer mondragon...maraming newbies. Si rj jazul na siguro ang magiging main man being the most experienced kung play-offs ang paguusapan.

Hindi maganda ang prospects this year for the Knights. Dito natin masusukat ang galing ni coach louie ALAS kung talagang siya nga ang nagdadala sa team... taking a F4 slot is already an achievement with this kind of line-up.

kakayanin ba talaga ng Letran na makapasok sa Final Four this year? mukhang mas malakas pa ang JRU at CSB kaysa sa Letran eh. ???

as for Mapua, anong prospect for them? naglalaro na ba sa off-season games si Jonathan Banal?

bluegirl
06-07-2007, 10:41 PM

kakayanin ba talaga ng Letran na makapasok sa Final Four this year? mukhang mas malakas pa ang JRU at CSB kaysa sa Letran eh. ???

as for Mapua, anong prospect for them? naglalaro na ba sa off-season games si Jonathan Banal?

the MIT cardinals are intact save for joferson gonzales. sean co and kelvin dela pena are the leaders of the team. yup naglalaro si jonathan banal. the boy is promising.

i think they have a chance to make it to the final four.

christian
06-08-2007, 09:55 AM
Yes, isama nyo pa dyan si TG Guillermo, one time coach Leo used Janathan and TG at the same time, mukhang sila ang future ng MIT.

Anyone knows what's keeping the Blazers camp busy?

funchum
06-08-2007, 11:15 AM
CSB returnees as Paolo Orbeta and Cabatu. They are defenitely going to be a pain.

new faces are Montecastro trained by our own Seņor Ato and Porres from Zobel.

I have a feeling they will be more of a contender for the final four than Letran, no offense meant on this one. mas intack kasi ang line-up ng benilde and fammiliarity with players is very important plus Orbeta is their saving grace in my opinion. He would have created a mircle back in Season 82, we have to admit CSB gave hell to all the NCAA teams on the second round, giving the most number of overtime games.

christian
06-08-2007, 12:14 PM
Montecastro? Anong batch nya sa Red Cubs? Cabatu? Nah, he isn't as good as his younger brother Jun Jun. Yung mga malalaki ng CSB ang medyo kinakabahan ako, yung Layug, may tira pa yata sa labas yun.

funchum
06-08-2007, 02:19 PM
Montecastro as far as i can emember ka-batch niya ata sila hermida, not totally sure about this one.

Layug needs to lose a couple of lbs before CSB can fully maximize his potentials.

Mateen Cleaves
06-08-2007, 04:33 PM
Montecastro? Anong batch nya sa Red Cubs?

Class of 2006. We would have wanted to get him for UP last year, but we ran out of scholarship slots for him.

funchum
06-09-2007, 04:20 PM
^^ Yeah i heard, sayang bagayna bagay siya sa style of play ni coach joe. mabilis din yung mabata at mahusay ang transition from offense to defense.

VV3CBL
06-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Jeffrey Thomas Libunao, the rookie sensation from CSB Blazers in Season 82 is not in the 83rd season lineup.

christian
06-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Eto ba yung bulky na player? Yung Racho din from UPHD-S parang wala sa line up nila.

VV3CBL
06-27-2007, 09:58 PM
oo bulky sya na 6'2 siguro na may shooting sa tres.

anghusay
06-28-2007, 03:34 AM
oo bulky sya na 6'2 siguro na may shooting sa tres.

why is he not in this years blazer lineup?

RedLEO
08-25-2007, 08:06 AM
And the big guy who missed the shot during the finals (ano bang pangalan nun ?)* Sayang...Castro would have been easily a shoo-in for MVP.

Tonette Macho. :) ay sorry, OT. Beau Belga pala.* :P

LOL!