PDA

View Full Version : The Wrestling thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

CM_Punk
05-22-2007, 10:42 AM
Welcome to the wrestling thread, where people are free to talk about anything regarding the world of wrestling. We can discuss WWE, TNA, ROH, and other independent promotions.

Shawn Michaels has suffered a serious knee injury, which leaves John Cena as the only main-event face left on RAW. Smackdown has Edge as their WWE champion, and he can feud with a lot of guys, such as Batista, Kennedy, Matt Hardy, Benoit, Rey Mysterio for the next few months.

Haven't been watching TNA much lately, but I still keep track on what's happening with Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, Christian Cage and a few others. As for ROH, with the return of the American Dragon from his injury, he should be seeking to regain his main title back soon, on a future PPV.

5FootCarrot
05-22-2007, 11:01 AM
I was wondering when we were going to have a wrestling thread! ;D

I used to be more conversant with the independent/smaller promotions when I used to snap up wrestling magazines, but I don't do that anymore so it's hard to keep track of people after they leave the WWE (unless they show up on TNA, but I don't watch TNA much), and I don't hear about up-and-coming wrestlers until they actually make it to a big promotion. I kind of miss that.

(Did you know that when you Google ROH, the first result you get is for the Royal Opera House? LOL)

CM_Punk
05-22-2007, 03:16 PM
^ Yup, I thought now would be a good time to start up a wrestling thread discussion, especially with the different topics now being discussed here on Gameface, which is good for the growth of the site and its online community.

I just read the RAW spoilers, and it's getting a bit annoying how the former ECW champion Lashley is always appearing on the RAW show, and seems to spend more time there than on his own program. WWE, we get it, you really want to push and make Lashley look good, so just move him to the RAW roster already. Get someone else to be the ECW champ, a wrestler who'll actually stay on the ECW program, or else end the show already, and distribute the remaining talent to the 2 top shows, which I would actually prefer to happen later this year.

AnthonyServinio
05-23-2007, 02:02 AM
BRING BACK PINOY WRESTLING!!!

* * *Under the aegis of businessman Ramon "RJ" Jacinto, the Pinoy Wrestling Federation (PWF) made waves in the late 1980's and enjoys a cult following up to this day.* Among its stars then were:

King Cobra (PWF Champion)
Joe Pogi
Macho Franco (earlier known as Falayfay)
Ang Lawin The Birdman
Pinoy Ranger
Zorro
Sultan Bato
Turko Torero and his Toreritos
Iggy Igorot
Baldong Dado
Waway The Wildman
Juan Duwag
Max Buwaya and his Mikrobyos
Bong and Caloy of the Bakal Boys
Ting and Big Boy of the Smokey Mountain Brothers
Kamikaze Kid
Roboto

* * *The broadcast panel was led by Johnny Revilla with Albert "Dr. Q" Que as his partner.* The show bounced between networks and time slots before eventually folding up.* After that, the wrestlers went back to their old jobs as stuntmen, bodyguards, gym instructors and some national athletes.

pachador
05-23-2007, 04:53 AM
maybe its high time to bring back the Pinoy Wrestling Federation (PWF) since Hatfield seems to be into wrestling, with guest appearance from Batista or Paras and Balingit for the pinoy superheavyweight championships ;D

BRING BACK PINOY WRESTLING!!!

* * *Under the aegis of businessman Ramon "RJ" Jacinto, the Pinoy Wrestling Federation (PWF) made waves in the late 1980's and enjoys a cult following up to this day.* Among its stars then were:

King Cobra (PWF Champion)
Joe Pogi
Macho Franco (earlier known as Falayfay)
Ang Lawin The Birdman
Pinoy Ranger
Zorro
Sultan Bato
Turko Torero and his Toreritos
Iggy Igorot
Baldong Dado
Waway The Wildman
Juan Duwag
Max Buwaya and his Mikrobyos
Bong and Caloy of the Bakal Boys
Ting and Big Boy of the Smokey Mountain Brothers
Kamikaze Kid
Roboto

* * *The broadcast panel was led by Johnny Revilla with Albert "Dr. Q" Que as his partner.* The show bounced between networks and time slots before eventually folding up.* After that, the wrestlers went back to their old jobs as stuntmen, bodyguards, gym instructors and some national athletes.

5FootCarrot
05-23-2007, 08:52 AM
I just read the RAW spoilers, and it's getting a bit annoying how the former ECW champion Lashley is always appearing on the RAW show, and seems to spend more time there than on his own program. WWE, we get it, you really want to push and make Lashley look good, so just move him to the RAW roster already. Get someone else to be the ECW champ, a wrestler who'll actually stay on the ECW program, or else end the show already, and distribute the remaining talent to the 2 top shows, which I would actually prefer to happen later this year.
I agree about moving Lashley to RAW already, if the ECW stint was really only for building him up.

However, re: breaking up the brand and all, I think the RAW and SmackDown brands are overloaded enough as it is. The problem with the WWE's takeovers of WCW and ECW is that they had to assimilate a lot of new talent. I like how they have brands now (with trades/brand switches every so often to keep things interesting) because it gives the people on the roster more of a chance to get recognized instead of having to play forty-second fiddle to the superstars, but even with this setup the WWE has so many performers that not everyone gets seriously showcased and a couple of people get released from their contracts every week :( I know there are a lot of reasons for having lots of people on the rosters and for letting some of them go and I don't really have any recommendations right now for addressing those things; it's just sad to hear about people losing their jobs.

CM_Punk
05-23-2007, 11:12 AM
^ Well, I do agree that it's sad to read about the wrestlers being released the past few weeks, as they will have to go elsewhere for their wrestling dreams.

I'm just not a fan of the ECW brand still existing, as their legacy is now over, and it's time to move on. I would prefer them to move talent and improve upon Sunday Night Heat, and bring back Velocity as well. That's 2 additional shows for the wrestlers to work with, those who can't appear on the RAW and Smackdown main shows. Also makes sure not too many others get fired, if there are other TV shows to be on.

GHRanger
05-23-2007, 11:45 AM
maybe its high time to bring back the Pinoy Wrestling Federation (PWF) since Hatfield seems to be into wrestling, with guest appearance from Batista or Paras and Balingit for the pinoy superheavyweight championships* ;D

My fondest moment in the PWF is Iggy Igorot picking up coins tossed into the ring.

chocoks77
05-23-2007, 12:37 PM
maybe its high time to bring back the Pinoy Wrestling Federation (PWF) since Hatfield seems to be into wrestling, with guest appearance from Batista or Paras and Balingit for the pinoy superheavyweight championships* ;D

My fondest moment in the PWF is Iggy Igorot picking up coins tossed into the ring.

Ako naman Joe Pogi and his lovely chicks

Mikhail
05-23-2007, 12:47 PM
A few months ago nakapanood ako sa RJTV ng replays.. Lawin vs one Bakal Boy. That was fun. :D

JonarSabilano
05-23-2007, 12:51 PM
A few months ago nakapanood ako sa RJTV ng replays.. Lawin vs one Bakal Boy. That was fun. :D

"In the red corner, weighing in at 155 pounds of metallic tin... ROBOTO!"
Cue "Mister Roboto" by Styx.

john_paul_manahan
05-23-2007, 06:39 PM
man, i missed watching those....

oh, there was an article about Pinoy Wrestling in Maxim Philippines. if it wasnt this month, last month.

Gil_Andrews
05-25-2007, 10:22 PM
Ano na latest sa idol kong si Undertaker?

5FootCarrot
05-26-2007, 07:54 AM
Ano na latest sa idol kong si Undertaker?
He's still around. In case you missed it, he won the world heavyweight championship from Batista at the last WrestleMania, but lost it a couple of weeks ago to Edge, who cashed in his "Money in the Bank" guaranteed title shot immediately after the 'Taker survived a grueling steel cage match against Batista.

(*sigh* Edge, that is so repetitive :P)

bluewing
05-26-2007, 11:42 AM
actually, my brother said that undertaker is injured and will be missing a few months. si mr. kennedy rin daw injured and will miss about 8 mos.

this paved the way for the wwe think-tanks to rewrite their storyline for the rest of their year and until wrestlemania. unfortunately, this also means another big bump to mr. kennedy's push.

5FootCarrot
05-27-2007, 08:01 AM
actually, my brother said that undertaker is injured and will be missing a few months. si mr. kennedy rin daw injured and will miss about 8 mos.
Yun pala ang story behind whatever happened on SmackDown. Thanks, I hadn't known that. Bawal na kasing magbasa ng wwe.com sa office - ang bagal pa mag-load ng site!

CM_Punk
05-27-2007, 09:10 AM
In a way, it was good that Mr. Kennedy lost his Money in the Bank title shot. It brought a main-eventer in Edge to Smackdown, away from Cena and HHH, who have been ruling RAW the past few years. Edge never would have gotten another decent opportunity for the title with those 2 top dogs on the Monday show, and now he gets a chance to be the top guy on Smackdown.

Once the roster gets healthy, there's a lot of good talent for the main title scene on Smackdown- Edge, Batista, Mr. Kennedy, Undertaker, King Booker, Rey Mysterio. Booker, Mysterio, and Kennedy are the ones who are expected to be back in time for Summerslam.

CM_Punk
05-28-2007, 08:27 AM
There are rumours all over the wrestling sites that there will be another WWE draft lottery next month, on the special 3 hour show of RAW on June 11, 2007. Hopefully, some of the big names shall be returning by then, such as King Booker, HHH, and Rey Mysterio to add some intrigue to the current rosters.

5FootCarrot
05-28-2007, 10:07 AM
That's great news! I really like the draft lotteries because they always shake things up a bit (or should, anyway). Also, here's hoping for a more even distribution of talent/fanbase.

GHRanger
05-28-2007, 10:15 AM
Yun pala ang story behind whatever happened on SmackDown. Thanks, I hadn't known that. Bawal na kasing magbasa ng wwe.com sa office - ang bagal pa mag-load ng site!

Hi Carrot - Try www.gerweck.net. Halos text based lahat.

flsfnoeraekadad
05-28-2007, 01:58 PM
Sino kayang mananalo sa next Smackdown PPV Main Event? Palagay ko si Batista. Lalamunin nya ng buhay si Edge... unless may ibang sasabihin ang script. :rolleyes:

bluewing
05-29-2007, 12:15 PM
feeling ko mandadaya nanaman si edge.

flsfnoeraekadad
05-29-2007, 02:40 PM
feeling ko mandadaya nanaman si edge.
Kelan ba naman nagchampion yun na hindi nandaya? Nung pinagsamantalahan nya si John Cena nung New Year's Revolution, hindi na din makalaban si Cena. Pero nung next PPV Event, nilamon sya ng buo ni Cena.

Ganon din ang palagay kong mangyayari dito. :lol:

john_paul_manahan
05-29-2007, 07:23 PM
watch Raw this Sat. you will know....

flsfnoeraekadad
05-30-2007, 02:35 AM
Nakita ko na. Pfft. Talo si Batista.

Pero panalo si Cena ha ha. Tap-out si Khali. ;D

CM_Punk
05-30-2007, 11:20 PM
It's official, the WWE draft lottery will indeed be happening next month. Time to finally move Lashley to RAW (him and Cena will be the top faces), perhaps move an ex-ECW wrestler to the ECW show (Benoit? Mysterio?), and hopefully, Smackdown won't lose any more wrestlers to injury leading up to the draft* ;)

5FootCarrot
06-08-2007, 04:15 PM
Totally Random Question:

In your opinion, how do London & Kendrick match up against Matt and Jeff Hardy?

john_paul_manahan
06-08-2007, 05:09 PM
hmm... two high-fliers.

we know that they crash and burn. whoever can capitalize on the other's mistakes will win.

i'll go with the hardys.

CM_Punk
06-08-2007, 07:22 PM
As big a fan I am of Paul London (ever since his ROH days), I have to go with the Hardys. Those two guys were arguably the hottest and most popular tag team during the Attitude era of the late 90's and early 2000 years, and the fact that they're still getting huge crowd reactions shows how they are still very much over. London and Kendrick are lacking a connection with the crowd, and aren't as charismatic as the two brothers. I'm hoping that Paul London will move on, and find success perhaps in the I.C. or US title scene in the next few years in the WWE.

CM_Punk
06-12-2007, 12:00 PM
WWE Draft Results:

Pick #1 - The Great Khali with Runjin Singh (SmackDown)
Pick #2 - The Boogeyman (ECW)
Pick #3 - King Booker with Sharmell (RAW)
Pick #4 - Chris Benoit (ECW)
Pick #5 - Torrie Wilson (SmackDown)
Pick #6 - Chris Masters (SmackDown)
Pick #7 - Bobby Lashley (RAW)
Pick #8 - Ric Flair (SmackDown)
Pick #9 - Snitsky (RAW)
Pick #10 - Mr. Kennedy (RAW)

RAW gets stronger, ECW picks up an ECW original for their main event, while the Smackdown roster gets weaker.

Howard the Duck
06-12-2007, 12:06 PM
ayos may thread na rin na ganito ;D

bluewing
06-12-2007, 12:42 PM
WWE Draft Results:

Pick #1 - The Great Khali with Runjin Singh (SmackDown)
Pick #2 - The Boogeyman (ECW)
Pick #3 - King Booker with Sharmell (RAW)
Pick #4 - Chris Benoit (ECW)
Pick #5 - Torrie Wilson (SmackDown)
Pick #6 - Chris Masters (SmackDown)
Pick #7 - Bobby Lashley (RAW)
Pick #8 - Ric Flair (SmackDown)
Pick #9 - Snitsky (RAW)
Pick #10 - Mr. Kennedy (RAW)

RAW gets stronger, ECW picks up an ECW original for their main event, while the Smackdown roster gets weaker.

sana kinuha na rin ng RAW si torrie wilson. mahal ko yun eh.

john_paul_manahan
06-12-2007, 07:07 PM
would you think that this is real or not?

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/mcmahonpresumeddead

GHRanger
06-13-2007, 01:22 PM
It's just some concoction made by the creative writers. Hopefully when macMahon comes back, he'd have grown some hair. :D. If you look at the pics, there's something unnatural with the flames... something from a pyro show.

Smackdown enroute to Summerslam will be in Singapore on July 28.... and the ringside tickets are sold out... grrr....

john_paul_manahan
06-14-2007, 01:06 AM
i managed to do some background checking on it and i found out that this would be like a "who shot j.r.?" scenario...

but wouldn't you think that is is kinda going a bit too real...

CM_Punk
06-16-2007, 11:02 PM
Even if it was only a taped interview, I never thought that I would ever see Bret "Hitman" Hart on my TV screen again, back on an episode of RAW. Hard to believe that it's been over 10 years since he was last seen or heard from on the RAW show.

I was shocked at how Bobby "The Brain" Heenan looked in his taped segment. His health has really deteriorated, and he doesn't look like he'll last too long in this world, which is quite unfortunate.

5FootCarrot
06-17-2007, 09:18 AM
Did the Hitman appear on Vince McMahon "Appreciation" Night? Whoa. Too bad I missed it. (When does RAW replay on JackTV again?)

Also, the Brain has looked the way he has for quite a while now :( (or maybe he's gotten worse since he was inducted into the Hall of Fame?) I agree, though, it's sad to compare how he was to how he is now. I remember seeing Classie Freddie Blassie's last appearance on RAW ("Devon, get the table!") and thinking his time was coming. Sure enough, I think he died not long after that appearance.

CM_Punk
06-17-2007, 10:30 AM
According to Jack TV website (http://www.solar-entertainment.com/jacktv/schedules.html), RAW has replays on Wednesday: 4-6 PM, Thursday: 9-11 AM, and Saturday: 11 AM-1 PM.

5FootCarrot
06-17-2007, 10:59 AM
Thank you! I knew about the replay on Saturdays but wasn't sure about the time.

In other news, I've just read on wwe.com that Sensational Sherri has passed away (http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/sherripasses). :( I didn't like her much when she was a manager in the WWE, but over the years I've learned to give her props for representing women when pro wrestling was just starting to become more high-profile.

Rest in peace, Sherri, and shine on.

CM_Punk
06-18-2007, 09:52 AM
WWE Supplemental Draft results:

Pick 1: Brian Kendrick & Paul London were moved from Smackdown to RAW
Pick 2: Kenny Dykstra was moved from RAW to Smackdown
Pick 3: Viscera was moved from RAW to ECW
Pick 4: The Sandman was moved from ECW to RAW
Pick 5: Bob Holly was moved from ECW to Smackdown
Pick 6: Miz was moved from Smackdown to ECW
Pick 7: Daivari was moved from Smackdown to RAW
Pick 8: Brett and Brian Majors were moved from ECW to Smackdown
Pick 9: William Regal was moved from Smackdown to RAW
Pick 10: Victoria was moved from RAW to Smackdown
Pick 11: Jillian Hall was moved from Smackdown to RAW
Pick 12: Eugene was moved from RAW to Smackdown
Pick 13: Johnny Nitro was moved from RAW to ECW

5FootCarrot
06-18-2007, 01:23 PM
Pick 1: Brian Kendrick & Paul London were moved from Smackdown to RAW
Yay.

Pick 10: Victoria was moved from RAW to Smackdown
Pick 11: Jillian Hall was moved from Smackdown to RAW
Oh, hell. Victoria's my favorite female competitor. I hope she can still be a contender for the women's title.

CM_Punk
06-18-2007, 04:54 PM
The tag team of Londrick has finally made it to the "A" Show, and will get a chance to show their stuff on live cable television. Let's face it, they already faced all the tag teams on Smackdown during their nearly one year tag title reign, and had nothing left to prove on that brand. Moving to RAW opens up new potential feuds with Cryme Time (who should turn heel), the Highlanders, The World's Greatest Tag Team, and Cade and Murdock.

ECW's wrestling pool just got stronger, with some promising talent in Punk, Elijah Burke, Marcus Cor Von, and now Johnny Nitro. With the veteran Benoit around, this should lead to some quality matches, and hopefully good television feuds as well.

bluewing
06-18-2007, 06:12 PM
ginagawang tambakan yung smackdown ah...

Howard the Duck
06-19-2007, 03:48 PM
ayaw ipalabas ng jack ang death of mr. mcmahon :-\

Howard the Duck
06-26-2007, 09:13 AM
RIP Chris Benoit :(

CM_Punk
06-26-2007, 09:16 AM
God, I check the Internet and see the horrible news of Benoit's death!?* Not just Chris, but his wife and son was found dead at their home. What a tragedy* :'(

I hope Vince becomes "undead" and drops the limo-blowing up angle tonight on RAW, the tribute show.

5FootCarrot
06-26-2007, 09:57 AM
Oh, dear. That is such a shock. I agree, tama na yung "dead Vince" - this is real life already. :'(

I'm trying to find news online about it, but none of the websites are cooperating and I am unable to access WWE.com. I hope they weren't massacred or anything like that, and if there was any foul play, that the perpetrator is quickly brought to justice.

EDIT: *smacks forehead* It's on Yahoo. I'm glad they weren't shot to death, but based on what the police have told the media, it still doesn't sound good.

I'm sorry if I seem like I'm taking a ghoulish interest in this. It's just my inner murder mystery fan wanting to know what happened to them.

bluewing
06-26-2007, 10:13 AM
WTF?

bakit walang balita?

I hope Vince becomes "undead" and drops the limo-blowing up angle tonight on RAW, the tribute show.

Vince McMahon opened tonight's RAW broadcast standing in the ring in an empty arena. McMahon explained that tonight was scheduled as a show centered around the presumed death of the "Mr McMahon" character, but with the tragic news of this afternoon the show would now be a tribute to Chris Benoit and his family.

kahit papaano, may "class" din naman si vice.

tarages. sana si goldberg na lang yung namatay.

bluewing
06-26-2007, 10:58 AM
new developments:

it looks like a murder-suicide daw. tsk.

hmmm... i wonder what this has to do with benoit's sudden decision to beg off the ECW title match in Vengeance (Sunday) to go home due to a "family emergency?"

Sam Miguel
06-26-2007, 11:18 AM
I believe initial reports have it that Chris Benoit and his wife were discussing the possibility of divorce due to "irreconcilable differences". In any event I certainly hope this tragedy does not become any more tragic. Knowing the entertainment culture of the Americans though this could be just the first act in what will be a short-lived and soon-to-become-cliche circus about the tragedies that befall professional entertainers.

5FootCarrot
06-26-2007, 11:21 AM
Para ngang may foreshadowing yung "family emergency" thing na yun, especially in light of the divorce angle that Sam has just brought up.

The info that this could be a murder-suicide is saddening and disturbing. :( Benoit's son was only seven years old.

bluewing
06-26-2007, 11:55 AM
what's even more disturbing is that some camps are reporting that benoit killed his family during the weekend, and himself on Monday. the bodies were found in different rooms...

EDITED TO ADD:

DOUBLE MURDER-SUICIDE CONFIRMED.

CM_Punk
06-26-2007, 12:14 PM
The human mind is very complex, and sometimes can do things way out of character, due to rage, jealousy, etc. We cannot fully judge Benoit or his wife just because of the events of this tragedy.

We probably will never know the entire details of whatever problems the family may have had, and can only hope that Chris and his wife and son are somewhere together in a better and happier place, and able to work out their differences and find some closure.

I read the RAW report. Good for Vince and the WWE to do the right thing, and just cancel the show and have a video and interview tribute instead. I know I'll definitely be watching this special episode this Saturday on my TV.

bluewing
06-26-2007, 01:00 PM
umuwi na ako. nawalan akong gana magtrabaho...

RIP, Chris Benoit & Family...

first Eddie (my fave)...
now Chris.

Wrestlemania XX just became an instant classic...

fujima04
06-26-2007, 01:25 PM
^Sunod-sunod ang pagkamatay ng Radicals. Dapat mag-ingat na sina Malenko at Saturn.

What a coincidence, both champions of Wrestlemania XX died.

RIP Chris Benoit and Family

5FootCarrot
06-26-2007, 01:45 PM
It's always sad when someone dies, but this case is especially sad for me because Benoit didn't die of natural causes.

I'm sorry to hear that he had such deep personal troubles away from the ring. Many wrestlers - indeed, many people do have to deal with that kind of thing every day. I just hadn't expected Benoit to be among those people, as he always seemed to be calm and on the level in public, but one never really knows.

May the Benoits rest in peace. :'(

cool_at_heart
06-26-2007, 08:28 PM
This is a sad day for wrestling. Thank you Chris, for all the wonderful years you've never failed to amaze us...There are only a few wrestlers who made me a true believer of this sport..and chris benoit was on top of my list. May you and your family rest in peace! Godspeed,Mr. Chris Benoit and thank you. :'(

paul_tamaraws
06-26-2007, 10:21 PM
grabe naman, parang biglaan ang pagkamatay ni benoit, im so sad for his passing, i really idolized him especially the late eddie guerrero... i hope masaya na silang dalawa sa taas... my deepest condolences... :(

CM_Punk
06-27-2007, 10:42 AM
I will remember Chris Benoit the wrestler, the performer who had entertaining and good matches in WCW and WWE, for the past 10 years or so that I was familiar with his work in the ring.

Chris Benoit the person, though.... with all the full details and circumstances now coming out, deserves no sympathy, tribute or respect for what he did. He might have had his problems (like everyone else in the world), but murder-suicide should NEVER be an option. Eddie is probably up in Heaven, with the wife and son of Benoit, shaking his head in disapproval of what Chris did at the end of his life* >:(

bluewing
06-27-2007, 11:34 AM
benoit, while undoubtedly a great performer, was nothing more than a monster in his last moments on earth. what he did was just unforgivable. although we are not privy to his frame of mind when he did so, it does not take away from the fact that what he did was heinous, cowardly and loser-like.

still, it is my hope that the benoit family finds peace, and that God forgive Chris's trespasses.

pio_valenz
06-27-2007, 03:12 PM
I don't have anything good to say about someone who kills his own seven-year-old son.

cool_at_heart
06-28-2007, 07:39 PM
Bahala na ang diyos niya sa kanya, it's out of our hands. If ever he should come back as a cockroach, I'm quite sure he'll gladly oblige.

CM_Punk
07-07-2007, 09:35 PM
Rey Mysterio should be coming back anytime this month on Smackdown, but he's still a bit rusty in the ring, so they are putting Kane as the next challenger for Edge.

Edge will retain at the July PPV (duh!), which will set-up the Summerslam main event for Smackdown of Mysterio vs. Edge, which should be good.

There are rumours of an Orton vs. Cena for RAW at Summerslam, and frankly, I'm not a fan of the two of them, so I could care less who wins in that match.

bluewing
07-10-2007, 03:03 PM
ibalik na si triple h!

at bakit lahat ng astig na-iinjure, at si cena hindi?* ???* dapat sya yung magbakasyon eh. baduy kaya.

5FootCarrot
07-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Edge will retain at the July PPV (duh!), which will set-up the Summerslam main event for Smackdown of Mysterio vs. Edge, which should be good.
Bilang na ang araw ni Edge as champion. Hindi pwedeng magtagal si Batista nang walang title shot. Baka lumiit siya :P

CM_Punk
07-10-2007, 09:29 PM
I didn't catch it earlier, but I read that they showed the Larry King episode on CNN earlier today, where he had John Cena, Chris Jericho, Bret Hart, and Ted Dibiase as his guests on the topic of Benoit and steroids use. Hope some WWE fan can post it on Youtube soon, so I can get to watch it.

WampumTribe
07-15-2007, 09:25 PM
"You can't fake gravity!"

Standard wrestler's response when challenged that wrestling is showbiz, not sports.

bluewing
07-19-2007, 11:47 PM
well, edge is insured and great khali is new smackdown champ.

down from the hill na to.

tigerman
07-20-2007, 12:59 AM
Tagal ko nang di nakakanood ng RAW pero si Cena pa din ang champ? :'(

I guess only the ego of Hogan can defeat the invinsibility of Cena.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

CM_Punk
07-21-2007, 08:08 PM
Ever since Eddie died (RIP), there's been nothing but bad luck happening to the Smackdown champions or main event contenders:

JBL- had to retire due to a serious back injury
Undertaker- got injured early in his reign
Batista- got injured
Kurt Angle- was in bad shape, got released
Rey Mysterio- needed surgery on his knees
Mr. Kennedy- got injured just before he was suppose to win the title
King Booker- got injured
Edge- got injured

That's a long list of wrestlers on Smackdown who have been negatively affected the past few years.

fujima04
07-21-2007, 08:21 PM
^Mukhang nag-iwan nga ng curse si Latino Heat kung ganyan. Hehe. Kaya lang ayaw ng mga contenders na samahan si Latino Heat and they refuse to die kahit anong injury pa ang abutin.

Ang best friend niyang si Rabid Wolverine lang ang hindi tumangging makasama siya sa kabilang buhay.

Iba ang may pinagsamahan...San Miguel Beer.

CM_Punk
07-25-2007, 09:22 AM
Another 3rd generation wrestler has signed with the WWE, as Ted DiBiase Jr. has joined the company. His father was one of the greatest heels of all time, so Junior has to find his own identity once he gets called up.

DiBiase Jr. joins Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Harry Smith, and Teddy Hart as other guys signed who are either the sons or nephews of past wrestlers. They are all under the age of 30, and are the future generation for the WWE.

5FootCarrot
07-25-2007, 09:55 AM
CM_Punk, don't forget the sistahs - Natalie Neidhart, daughter of Jim "the Anvil" Neidhart and granddaughter of the late Stu Hart (father of Natty's mom/Bret and Owen's sister), has also signed with the WWE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nattie_Neidhart

Edited to remove reference to Cody Rhodes

CM_Punk
07-25-2007, 07:01 PM
^ Oh yes, one can also add Natalie to the list as well of the next generation of wrestlers.

Unfortunately, ever since Trish Stratus and Lita left, women's wrestling in the WWE has not had the same quality of matches and storylines. They have a decent number of talented ladies on both shows, but just like the cruiserweights, often don't get enough time to show off their skills, which is a shame.

bluewing
07-25-2007, 07:07 PM
para sa akin, torrie wilson and michelle mccool lang ang worth watching sa women's division.

pareho pang hindi title contender.

5FootCarrot
07-26-2007, 07:52 AM
Unfortunately, ever since Trish Stratus and Lita left, women's wrestling in the WWE has not had the same quality of matches and storylines. They have a decent number of talented ladies on both shows, but just like the cruiserweights, often don't get enough time to show off their skills, which is a shame.
I've been meaning to bring this up in this thread. I, too, am disappointed in the lack of substance in the women's division. I'm glad that Victoria's still around (she may be a heel, but she's my favorite) and some of the newer divas are making the effort to become competitors and not just eye candy.

I know that most WWE fans are male, so they need something pretty to look at apart from all the carnage, but I'd like the WWE to use the women's division to show its audience that women aren't just for show, they can kick @$$, too. (So don't degrade them or they'll beat you up!)

CM_Punk
08-08-2007, 09:35 AM
With Jeff Hardy suspended (reasons not clear yet), RAW needed a #2 face behind the champ John Cena. So, they decided to turn Umaga last night. I hope the creative team will keep him strong, and not turn him into a comedy act, or weakened like Kane.

Rumours of HHH returning at Madison Square Garden next week on RAW. While he will most likely return as a face, the heel HHH character is still his best work.

Joescoundrel
08-09-2007, 02:59 PM
Which switch - whether from fan favorite to rule breaker or vice versa - did you guys really follow?

Because I am nothing more than a sap, my favorite good/bad switch has to be Randy Savage. This guy has managed to pull off so many switches throughout his career. I loved the storyline when he was still a bad guy and the Honky Tonk Man bashed him with a guitar and Hulk Hogan came to his rescue and they became the Mega Powers after that. Then there was that whole jealousy/love triangle thing with Elizabeth, and then he became a bad guy again and then he and Elizabeth kissed, made up and got married after one of the major WWF (then) events, I think one of the Wrestlemanias.

atenean_blooded
08-09-2007, 03:01 PM
I remember watching a particularly epic match between Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage. Wrestlemania yun. Duguan si Hogan.

CM_Punk
08-09-2007, 07:19 PM
^ Ah yes, the main event for Wrestlemania V, "The Mega Powers Explode." Savage vs. Hogan was one the best feuds in wrestling history.

Savage vs. Steamboat at Wrestlemania III is also another classic match of the Macho Man. Ever since WCW, haven't kept track of what Savage has been up to, other than his "rap" album.

irateluvmachine
08-10-2007, 12:52 PM
Which switch - whether from fan favorite to rule breaker or vice versa - did you guys really follow?

Because I am nothing more than a sap, my favorite good/bad switch has to be Randy Savage. This guy has managed to pull off so many switches throughout his career. I loved the storyline when he was still a bad guy and the Honky Tonk Man bashed him with a guitar and Hulk Hogan came to his rescue and they became the Mega Powers after that. Then there was that whole jealousy/love triangle thing with Elizabeth, and then he became a bad guy again and then he and Elizabeth kissed, made up and got married after one of the major WWF (then) events, I think one of the Wrestlemanias.

favorite ko dito...bob backlund. when he returned to the (then) WWF in 1995, he was just as he had apparently left it, a clean cut, all-american, yet extremely boring babyface. following his loss to bret hart, he became a deranged madman, staring at his hands after finishing off his opponent with the cross-face chickenwing, and taunting the crowd and opposing wrestlers alike. it was so funny cuz he was IMHO the most boring personality in the WWF before his switch. :D

5FootCarrot
08-10-2007, 01:38 PM
Haha, naaalala ko yan! "Mr. Bob" Backlund also became a frenetically stuffy character outside of the ring, throwing around big words and ranting about how woefully uncouth today's youth has become. Or something like that.

I don't really follow when a face turns into a heel, but here are a few of the more memorable ones:

Tugboat turns into Typhoon (Earthquake's partner in the Natural Disasters - they were both very big men in singlets, LOL)
Shawn Michaels c. 1992 (from Rocker to "Boy Toy")
Edge and Christian from Goth guys to "dudes who reek of awesomeness"

and, for some reason, Brian "Crush" Adams from the smiley Hawaiian guy to angry ex-con with the creepy tattooed forehead

CM_Punk
08-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Shawn Michaels c. 1992 (from Rocker to "Boy Toy")
Edge and Christian from Goth guys to "dudes who reek of awesomeness"

The heel turn of HBK was one of the most dramatic angles of the 1990s in the then-WWF. I could remember him hugging Marty Jannety and raising his arm to the cheers of the crowd, the next moment he throws him through the glass window of the barber shop set, making Jannety a bloody mess. Great booking, and Shawn's career went to the top afterwards.

Edge and Christian had wooden and dull vampire characters as members of the Brood, but in a few years time, both guys became world champions in different companies. I miss comedic Edge, although his heel character is also pretty good.

BigBlue
08-12-2007, 11:44 PM
Scott Steiner's transformation from the long-haired-boy-next-door half of the Steiner Brothers
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/52/Steinerbrothers.jpg

to that mean, nasty, peroxide blonde monster called Big Poppa Pump
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/pro-wrestling-9.jpg

that one still leaves me scratching my head sometimes.

5FootCarrot
08-14-2007, 11:55 AM
I had forgotten about Scott Steiner's turn. Malabo nga ang nangyari roon. (Maybe it was the juice? :P)

CM_Punk, the Barbershop episode totally traumatized me. Next to the Road Warriors/Legion of Doom, the Rockers were one of my favorite tag teams. :'(

Sam Miguel
08-14-2007, 12:07 PM
How about them Freebirds and the legendary Dr Death...?

bluewing
08-14-2007, 12:48 PM
the best heel turn for me would habe to be vince mcmahon's.

after the montreal screwjob, "the chairman" seemed to embrace this new role as the evil boss which, although hitting a little too close to home, was pretty effective and relatively original back then.

then there was hogan's heel turn in wcw which, i think, was sort of brought about by the fact that when the hulkster switched to the turner group, his popularity was waning, as evidenced by his poorly-attended welcome parade. arguably, this turn was one of the most controversial and most talked-about since it was hogan's first in his storied career. the move however, lent credence to the nWo as a solid heel stable. while it was a tough pill to swallow for purists, it turned out to be one of the most effective and entertaining twists in wrestling history. of course, nash had to f*ck up the booking so...

CM_Punk
08-14-2007, 01:54 PM
and, for some reason, Brian "Crush" Adams from the smiley Hawaiian guy to angry ex-con with the creepy tattooed forehead

RIP to Crush. He was found dead in his home by his wife, no suspected foul play. He was only 43 years old. Another one joins the long list of wrestlers who have moved on from this world.

No HHH on RAW this week.

5FootCarrot
08-14-2007, 02:07 PM
Si Crush na rin pala? :( That's sad. May he RIP. Makagawa nga ng top ten list of favorite dead wrestlers.

tigerman
08-20-2007, 11:31 PM
I hope Cena would finally lose.
Go RKO kill the legacy(assuming there is) of that poser!

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Howard the Duck
08-21-2007, 01:00 AM
LETS GO CENA!! ;D

flsfnoeraekadad
08-21-2007, 01:39 AM
Ang tagal na ding champion ni Cena ah.

bluewing
08-21-2007, 01:57 PM
ang baduy pa naman nun.

flsfnoeraekadad
08-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Na-RKO na naman sya ni RKO. Mukhang matatalo na sya sa summerslam ah.

Sana i-sledgehammer ni HHH si Booker T. Naangasan ako sa Booker T na yun eh.

5FootCarrot
08-22-2007, 07:59 AM
Kung pwede, madale rin ng sledgehammer yung fake British accent ni Booker. Ang sagwa pakinggan. Buti pa nung "Macho King" si Randy Savage, wala siyang fake accent.

In other news, cute si Cody Rhodes. Hihihi! ;D

tigerman
08-23-2007, 11:05 PM
Na-RKO na naman sya ni RKO. Mukhang matatalo na sya sa summerslam ah.

Dapat lang. Enough is enough. haha...
Lumipat na si Angle sa TNA, nawala si Y2J sa Raw, bumalik at nawala na ang DX, siya pa din ang champion.
Ampuch@ naman oh! ;D

"all hail king bookah!"
I don't know with you guys but I find King Bookah's mic skills better now than before. :P

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

flsfnoeraekadad
08-23-2007, 11:16 PM
To be fair with Cena, his only fault is that he is the Champion for a long time already and that people already demand a new champion. Hindi naman sya gumagamit ng diversionary tactic at pandaraya sa mga laban nya. Patas. Matibay talaga sya. Pure hustle, loyalty and respect, ika nga dun sa isang t-shirt nya.

To be fair with Booker T, his British accent plainly sucks. I plainly never liked him ever since kahit hindi pa antagonist ang role nya. Regal should slap him in the face for his poor and fake British accent. And he does not look like a Briton bloke. Ang laki ng butas ng ilong nya eh hihihi. ;D

5FootCarrot
08-24-2007, 07:41 AM

"all hail king bookah!"
I don't know with you guys but I find King Bookah's mic skills better now than before.* :P
He's more interesting now than he was as "five-time-five-time-five-time-five-time-five-time WCW champion" - but only because it's amusing to watch a Texas ex-con pretend to be royalty, with matching accent.

I agree, dapat magtuos sila ni Regal (who reportedly comes from humble roots himself)! ;D

bluewing
08-24-2007, 08:59 AM
nanonood na lang ako ng smackdown ngayon para kay Michelle McCool at Torrie Wilson.

flsfnoeraekadad
08-24-2007, 09:34 AM
Asan na si Candice?

Howard the Duck
08-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Asan na si Candice?
nasa kwarto ko ;D

JonarSabilano
08-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Asan na si Candice?
nasa kwarto ko ;D

Hindi ah. Katabi ko. ;D

bluewing
08-24-2007, 07:16 PM
^

ano ginagawa mo sa kwarto ni howard, pareng jonar?

5FootCarrot
08-25-2007, 08:14 AM
Asan na si Candice?
Last time I saw her, Candice Michelle was still on Raw. She was the new women's division champion at the time. Unfortunately, I haven't been following the WWE much since UAAP season started ;D so I don't know what's new with her these days. If she hasn't been appearing on Raw for a while, perhaps it's because of her out-of-the-ring commitments.

CM_Punk
08-27-2007, 02:31 PM
No title changes hands at Summerslam, and Cena is closing in on 1 year as the RAW champ* :(

Other than the surprise appearance of Austin, and the return to action of Triple H, nothing really important happened at the PPV.

tigerman
08-27-2007, 07:54 PM
I think a combination of pedigree, sweet chin music, rko, power slam, dominator, angle slam and ankle lock can beat the living hell out of this poser.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

flsfnoeraekadad
08-27-2007, 08:24 PM
YOOHOO!!!

Hehehehe maka-Cena din ako eh.

Howard the Duck
08-28-2007, 09:18 AM
YOOHOO!!!

Hehehehe maka-Cena din ako eh.
welcome, chain gang member! :D

LETS GO CENA

CM_Punk
08-28-2007, 11:46 AM
Triple H and Jeff Hardy returned to RAW.

Looks like an Orton vs. Cena rematch at next month's PPV with the ending to the show, as expected. There should be a stipulation to the PPV match, to make things interesting.

flsfnoeraekadad
08-29-2007, 11:35 PM
Orton got too personal. He RKO'd Cena's father.

Well I guess that was what was written on the script. ;D

tigerman
08-31-2007, 01:50 AM
Just when I thought Edge's slap on Cena's father before was nasty... ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

flsfnoeraekadad
08-31-2007, 01:52 AM
With that, Cena's revenge will come at the next PPV. The champ is will still be here! ;D

Howard the Duck
08-31-2007, 01:54 AM
go cena!!!!!!!!!!!!

tigerman
08-31-2007, 01:57 AM
And then somebody would interfere in the rematch of Cena-Orton that would lead to Cena finally losing the title after a million years. *;D

And that somebody is Hulk Hogan. The ultimate king ego whose ego is the only thing that could put a stop to Cena's invincibility. *:P

WWE fans are shouting in unison, "one more match! one more match! one more match!"...

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

flsfnoeraekadad
08-31-2007, 02:10 AM
Pero kung HHH-Cena, ibang usapan na yan.

Cena, you must BOW DOWN TO THE KING OF KINGS. And you will.

CM_Punk
08-31-2007, 10:04 AM
http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/wellnesspolicysuspensions

10 wrestlers were caught, and given wellness policy suspensions. WWE did not release the names, but I'm sure those who will be missing on the 3 shows next week are most likely suspended. I've been reading some speculations on other wrestling forums, and there are some big names on that list.

If this means that they'll change their lifestyle so that wrestlers won't die young anymore, then it's okay with me if the quality of the TV product suffers while a whole bunch of them are suspended.

tigerman
08-31-2007, 11:11 PM
Total Number of Days as WWE Champion ( As of today)

Bruno Sammartino 2,803
Bob Backlund 2,135
Hulk Hogan 1,474
Bruno Sammartino 1,237
Pedro Morales 1,027
Randy Savage 371
Hulk Hogan 364
Diesel 358
John Cena 345

Cena's current reign is even longer than that of Bret Hart, HBK, The Undertaker, Triple H, The Rock, Steve Austin and Mick Foley! wow! You gotta be kidding me.* ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

flsfnoeraekadad
09-01-2007, 12:28 AM
He even beat 16-time world champ Ric Flair.

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! ;D

CM_Punk
09-01-2007, 10:36 PM
"Time to play the Game!!" - Haven't heard that music on RAW for months, and it sounded good* 8)

Looks like they'll be keeping Triple H away from the title scene for now, with him being involved with Carlito. No way HHH is losing that feud.

flsfnoeraekadad
09-01-2007, 10:43 PM
What's with Carlito and HHH?

CM_Punk
09-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Sorry for the spoilers, but at the ECW taping, CM Punk has finally won the ECW title! ;D

Good to see him go from small-time star wrestling in school gyms a few years ago, to becoming a champion in a major brand. John Morrison was one of the wrestlers suspended, too bad for him.

tigerman
09-03-2007, 09:54 AM
Ibabalik ba ang dx pagbalik ni HBK galing sa injury? Ilang beses nag-dx chop si Trips kasi eh. ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

CM_Punk
09-04-2007, 12:03 AM
After the advanced tapings of the 3 WWE TV shows, it looks like RAW suffered the most number of wrestlers who will be suspended for the next 30 days.

Eugene and Cryme Time have also been released from the company.

5FootCarrot
09-04-2007, 07:54 AM
I think the feud with Carlito is more to re-establish HHH's supremacy and help him get loosened up again for the bigger-ticket storylines/matches, than to put Carlito over (at least I think that's the right term for it).

Re: Eugene, IIRC he sought help in the past for substance abuse problems, but if the WWE is releasing him publicly, then he probably isn't one of the performers suspended for drug use. If that is the case, it's good to know that he managed to stay on the wagon :)

CM_Punk
09-04-2007, 09:27 AM
^ Unfortunately, I read in some sites that "Eugene" Nick Dinsmore violated the wellness policy for a third time, which led to his release.

Quote: "Eugene was released by WWE because he recently violated WWE's Wellness Policy for a third time. After a recent drug test, Eugene had a prescription drug show up in his system and he was unable to produce proof the drug was properly prescribed to him by a doctor."

The rules are: 1st violation- suspended for 1 month; 2nd violation- suspended for 2 months; 3rd violation- released. Too bad, as he never got to move on from his "Eugene" gimmick. Hope he gets a shot in ROH.

5FootCarrot
09-04-2007, 09:55 AM
Drat. Ayun pala ang nangyari sa kanya.

Well, it's sad to hear, then, that he was never able to shake his habit. :(

tigerman
09-04-2007, 11:05 PM
With the ongoing "misunderstanding" between Sky and Solar Entertainment, we might not see the WWE for a while, unless Sky can do something with Solar's exclusivity as to the airing of WWE shows here in our country.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

CM_Punk
09-05-2007, 01:38 PM
Ric Flair has quit the WWE. It doesn't have anything to do with the steroids and drugs controversy prevalent in wrestling lately. WWE is trying to make him change his mind, but the Nature Boy has already left.

Would have wanted to see a HBK-Flair match at Wrestlemania (which would be Ric's farewell match), but I guess he wasn't happy being on Smackdown anymore. Hello, TNA.

5FootCarrot
09-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Akala ko pa naman nag-retire na talaga siya due to old age ;D

Well, for someone who's been on top for as long as he has, I suppose Flair saw the move to SmackDown as a demotion - it must be admitted that Raw is the WWE's flagship brand.

Re: the Sky-Solar thing, AFAIK WWE programs are also aired on Channel 9. Or have they stopped broadcasting and we have no choice but to watch it on Solar?

tigerman
09-05-2007, 03:48 PM
^ Last time I checked, WWE shows are also aired over RPN. However, they only allot 1 hour for both raw and smackdown. Besides, they don't show the "violent parts" such as the use of steel chair and other weapons etc.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

5FootCarrot
09-06-2007, 11:09 AM
So, the expression "hit in the head once too often" really is not a joke anymore.

Brain injury, not steroids, seen in wrestler death

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Extensive brain damage caused by a career in professional wrestling is far more likely than steroids to have led Chris Benoit to kill his family and then himself, medical experts said on Wednesday.

Neurologists with the Sports Legacy Institute who examined Benoit's brain found it pockmarked throughout with evidence of chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE), whose symptoms include depression, dementia and erratic behavior.

Read the rest here - http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070905/people_nm/usa_wrestler_dc;_ylt=AiKRRaemKoYYVu8ZsOKly81dDxkF

The article mentions that the Sports Legacy Institute advocates for greater safety in contact sports. It was founded by former WWE superstar Chris Nowinski (AKA "the ooooonly Harvard graduate in WWE history"), who was forced to retire due to post-concussion syndrome.

CM_Punk
09-06-2007, 11:47 AM
They should ban chair shots to the head and back, and stick to good old-fashioned wrestling. You don't need all those hardcore stuff around to put on a decent match.

CM_Punk
09-07-2007, 08:53 AM
http://www.wwe.com/inside/overtheropes/news/londonkendrickcheer

A nice article from WWE, talking about the visit of Paul London and Brian Kendrick to New York City’s Incarnation Children’s Center, a Manhattan-based residence exclusively for children born HIV-positive.

Vince, push these two guys right away, and give them the Tag Titles already! We need more of these guys on TV, those who aren't involved in this drug/ steriod controversy.

Also, just saw the first ever WWE t-shirts of London and Kendrick on the WWE Shop website. That shirt looks cool! Darn, too bad the WWE t-shirt shops closed down already in Gateway and Glorietta, grrr....

5FootCarrot
09-07-2007, 09:01 AM
Vince, push these two guys right away, and give them the Tag Titles already! We need more of these guys on TV, those who aren't involved in this drug/ steriod controversy.
Amen!

Pogi pa sila ;D

CM_Punk
09-11-2007, 11:53 AM
The "son" of Vince has been revealed on RAW. What a letdown. If Kennedy wasn't taking steroids, then he would have been perfect for the role; he got suspended instead.

They went with someone else for the role, going for the comedy angle instead. Wow, I was really laughing when I read the spoilers*of who it was ::)

5FootCarrot
09-11-2007, 01:20 PM
I've just looked at wwe.com. Ang masasabi ko lang ay...NGEK. :P

AnthonyServinio
09-11-2007, 01:41 PM
I've just looked at wwe.com. Ang masasabi ko lang ay...NGEK. :P

* * *"Things are looking up," said the lawyer.* The son really looks up to his father!

CM_Punk
09-13-2007, 12:56 PM
King Booker and Ric Flair still hasn't returned to the WWE. With all the suspensions, I wish that they already bring up some wrestlers from OVW to the main roster already, like Johhny Jeter, Colt Cabana, and Paul Burchill. Too early to promote the New Hart Foundation just yet.

CM_Punk
09-18-2007, 10:04 AM
Batista is the new Smackdown champ (again). Looks like the last PPV was a weak one, with the lame Cena-Orton DQ finish, and lack of quality matches.

Survivor Series is probably the only hope for a good PPV out of the WWE later this year.

*Just to add---* Monty Brown has been released by the WWE. Reports from some sites say that he had a recent death in the family, and Monty is now in charge of taking care of the young children left behind.

Too bad for ECW, as they lose another good wrestler, and the list keeps getting longer for them (RVD, Sabu, Sandman, Big Show, Hardcore Holly, etc).

bluewing
09-28-2007, 12:13 AM
babalik na si chris jericho to save us from john cena...

5FootCarrot
09-28-2007, 07:34 AM

Talaga? Yehey! Na-miss ko yung trash-talking niya. "Kirk Angel" - yung iba hindi ko maalala pero nakakatuwa talaga :D

bluewing
09-28-2007, 08:44 AM
^

yup.

i saw a teaser... hindi sya pinapakita... pero i just know it's him... may clues eh.

CM_Punk
09-28-2007, 08:54 AM
Jericho has a new book to promote in the next few months, so you can be sure that he wants to show up on WWE TV to boost the sales.

When the RAW roster gets back to full strength, they are already much too full for Y2J to be around- Cena, HHH, HBK, Lashley, Orton, Kennedy are on the Monday show.

If that video is indeed a tease for the return of Jericho, Smackdown could certainly use his presence in the main event. Y2J, Edge, Mysterio, Batista, Undertaker is decent for the Smackdown show.

They can give Jericho the Undertaker schedule, where he can take a few weeks off during the year if he wants to tour with his rock band, or show up on other TV programs. He probably doesn't want a full-time sked anymore if he comes back, and the WWE should agree to that request.

tigerman
09-29-2007, 04:10 PM

Salamat naman kung ganon. Siguro maganda i-walls of jericho na din yang poser na yan. ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

CM_Punk
09-29-2007, 05:33 PM
The New Hart Foundation, consisting of Teddy Hart, Harry Smith, Nattie Neidhart, Ted Dibiase Jr. and TJ Wilson are scheduled to be working some Smackdown shows this November, so looks like they'll be called up to the main roster soon.

Never seen DiBiase Jr. and Wilson, but I've watched Teddy, Harry and Nattie in some matches, and I'm excited to see how this new generation of wrestlers will perform in the WWE.

CM_Punk
10-02-2007, 10:52 PM
There's a chance that Cena is out long-term with his pectoral muscle injury after his match last Monday. RAW needs another face to go with HHH, while HBK is still recovering. Perfect time for Chris Jericho to come back to the WWE* ;D

RAW faces- HHH, Jericho, HBK
Smackdown faces- Undertaker, Batista, Mysterio

Make Lashley a heel. He's boring as a face. Give him a manager to be his voice, like Regal.

5FootCarrot
10-03-2007, 08:55 AM
I think Cena's not a bad guy but I am quite happy at the prospect of a break from him, and a comeback by Y2J :) Maybe something could even go down between them when Cena comes back - that would be entertaining.

Make Lashley a heel. He's boring as a face. Give him a manager to be his voice, like Regal.
Good point. Lashley is physically impressive, but lacks the personality that would retain the fans' interest. I don't know if I'd be interested in another "big-destroyer-with-pesky-manager" tandem, but I also can't think if anything else Lashley could do.

I am really looking forward to seeing Harts wrestling in the WWE again.

CM_Punk
10-03-2007, 11:34 AM
Confirmed, John Cena is out 6-8 months, possibly up to 1 year with his serious injury. Too bad for him, and he's been stripped of the WWE title. A new champion will be crowned for RAW soon.

flsfnoeraekadad
10-03-2007, 07:33 PM
Maybe the scriptwriter got tired of Cena and he plotted an injury for Cena to take him out of the scene ;D

CM_Punk
10-05-2007, 09:35 AM
Kurt Angle has been charged for DUI. Not exactly the good publicity that TNA wants from one of their big stars.

tigerman
10-05-2007, 05:01 PM
finally ;D

HBK for the next wwe champ! :)

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

flsfnoeraekadad
10-05-2007, 07:00 PM
HHH please. ;D

5FootCarrot
10-06-2007, 08:54 AM
Kurt Angle has been charged for DUI. Not exactly the good publicity that TNA wants from one of their big stars.

Alang'ya :( It's very sad to hear about this kind of thing happening to wrestlers away from the ring. You'd think they'd take better care of themselves.

(On the bright side - this was just alcohol-related, right? No drugs involved? Kung wala, that's something to take comfort in...but not much.)

bluewing
10-06-2007, 09:10 PM
buti pa si The Rock, nag-artista na lang. mas "safe." ;D

Howard the Duck
10-07-2007, 08:20 PM
go cena pa rin ;D

CM_Punk
10-08-2007, 02:02 PM
Randy Orton is the new champion of RAW, getting back the title at No Mercy. The injury to John Cena really changed their booking plans, as they had Triple H wrestle 3 times in 1 night, which is a bit much, especially since the ECW title match only lasted less than 2 minutes. This wasn't King of the Ring, you know* ::)

No Y2J return, either. Guess they're still trying out what to with Jericho once he shows up on television.

CM_Punk
10-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Shawn Michaels is back on Raw!* ;)

Cyber Sunday is on October 28. That would be the perfect time to bring back Chris Jericho.

tigerman
10-10-2007, 11:06 AM
HBK! HBK! HBK!

Give the belt to the Showstopper, the Main Event, the Icon.... ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

CM_Punk
10-12-2007, 02:45 PM
I am rarely critical of wrestlers, but Teddy Hart is such an idiot* ::)* - he's been fired again from the WWE, and the New Hart Foundation angle might not push through anymore.

Teddy has been fired from all the major wrestling companies (TNA, ROH, WWE), and he's given this glorious opportunity again with the WWE to continue the proud Hart family legacy, and he probably did something stupid to get his release.

Oh well, Dibiase Jr. can spend more time in OVW (he's still learning the business), and just call up Harry Smith and TJ Wilson as a tag team on Smackdown, with Nattie Neidhart as their manager.

CM_Punk
10-17-2007, 07:30 AM
It's official, Booker T and his wife has officially been released by the WWE.

Expect him to make an appearance in TNA in a few months, especially as Vince Russo (head booker of WCW during Booker's 1st WCW title reign) is on the writing team of TNA.

5FootCarrot
10-17-2007, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the continued updates, CM_Punk. I barely get to visit wwe.com anymore.

I read up a bit on Teddy Hart and yes, it is likely that he did something stupid given his rep for bizarre behavior. I was going to mention that early in their WWE careers, Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty were fired, too, and were given a second chance and we all know what happened to them (or to Shawn, at least), but then it seems that unlike the former Rockers, Teddy's blown his second chance as well (?). The guy had better straighten up and fly right, or at least start wrestling under his legal name and quit dragging the Hart name down that spiral he's on.

Sayang si Booker, but I'm not going to miss the very bad, phony British accent.

aircanda
10-17-2007, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the continued updates, CM_Punk. I barely get to visit wwe.com anymore.

I read up a bit on Teddy Hart and yes, it is likely that he did something stupid given his rep for bizarre behavior. I was going to mention that early in their WWE careers, Shawn Michaels and Marty Jannetty were fired, too, and were given a second chance and we all know what happened to them (or to Shawn, at least), but then it seems that unlike the former Rockers, Teddy's blown his second chance as well (?). The guy had better straighten up and fly right, or at least start wrestling under his legal name and quit dragging the Hart name down that spiral he's on.

Sayang si Booker, but I'm not going to miss the very bad, phony British accent.

Lalo na pag umaastang hari talaga.. kainis eh.. :D

CM_Punk
10-21-2007, 05:20 PM

Sure, welcome. Been a slow news week in wrestling with the WWE abroad in the UK the past week.

Brock Lesnar has now signed with UFC. Let's see how he does in that physical and punishing environment.

CM_Punk
10-26-2007, 04:10 PM
Harry Smith makes his official WWE debut this Saturday on the RAW showing on Jack TV, with a match against Carlito.

RAW now has quite the number of second & third generation wrestlers, with Harry, Cody Rhodes, and Randy Orton on the roster.

bigfreeze_bibby
10-30-2007, 08:47 AM
Brock Lesnar has now signed with UFC. Let's see how he does in that physical and punishing environment.

He was seen and interviewed back in UFC 77. He should start getting introduced to new martial arts disciplines that he can use in the future.

5FootCarrot
10-30-2007, 10:29 AM
Harry Smith makes his official WWE debut this Saturday on the RAW showing on Jack TV, with a match against Carlito.

Wah, I missed it. How did Harry do? Is he wrestling under his own name? Does he look like his dad or his mom?

AnthonyServinio
10-30-2007, 10:55 AM

Wah, I missed it. How did Harry do? Is he wrestling under his own name? Does he look like his dad or his mom?

* * * He uses the handle D.H. Smith.* Smith looks very much like his dad when he partnered with the Dynamite Kid to form the British Bulldogs.* His body though needs some work in order to have more definition and less mass (baby fat?) but the power is already there.* Not bad for a kid in his early twenties.

CM_Punk
10-30-2007, 01:02 PM
^ I agree with your observations. I hate his screen name, though. "D.H. Smith" sounds like a novel/ book writer, instead of a wrestler. And he should also find his own gimmick that works with the live crowd, because generic babyface who is the son of a famous wrestler is already the storyline of Cody Rhodes.

Undertaker and Batista are now tied in wins over each other on PPV this year, so you know those two will have another match. Hell in a Cell for the December PPV will be the best way to end their feud, with 'Taker hopefully winning the belt back.

With Undertaker as champ, this should lead to a feud with the returning Edge-- Undertaker vs Edge for the Smackdown main event in Wrestlemania pls. for next year 8)

tigerman
10-31-2007, 11:43 AM
When is the return of Edge?

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

CM_Punk
10-31-2007, 10:58 PM
^ Edge is featured on the Survivor Series poster, so one would guess sometime in November, although posters have been known to be wrong before. Depends on how he is coming along with his rehab, I guess.

CM_Punk
11-03-2007, 10:36 AM
Chris Masters and Harry Smith are the first 2 wrestlers caught with the new drug policy of the WWE suspending them and letting the public know. What a darn shame* >:(

Smith should have known better, especially how those steroids and drugs essentially killed his father. And I was such a big fan of him, now I'm not sure anymore* ::)

bluewing
11-03-2007, 07:33 PM
o?

nasaan na si y2j?

ang bitiiiin!

5FootCarrot
11-05-2007, 01:41 PM
Pambihira naman itong si Harry Smith, hindi ko pa nga napapanood e na-suspend na agad.

What is it with these Hart kids? From what I know, Stu's sons upheld the family name with honor in their day. It's sad to see that the next generation is having trouble doing it now. (In fairness, Harry clearly had some family drama going on; maybe the cousins who had more stability growing up have not gone down the same path.)

I hope the Harts don't go the way of the Von Erichs :( Sayang din sila.

CM_Punk
11-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Announced matches so far for Survivor Series 2007:

* WWE Championship: Randy Orton vs. Shawn Michaels
* Hell in a Cell match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Batista vs. The Undertaker
* (5 on 5) Survivor Series match: Triple H, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Rey Mysterio, and Kane vs. Umaga, Mr. Kennedy, Montel Vontavious Porter, Finlay, and Big Daddy V
* Hornswoggle vs. The Great Khali

CM_Punk
11-09-2007, 09:15 AM
Chris Masters has been released by the WWE. I guess the company didn't want to wait until he got suspended a third time, and decided to just let him go.

This should serve as a warning to other young wrestlers, particularly Harry Smith, about the risks they take with their bodies and how it could cost them their jobs.

Also, Booker T and Sharmel are now with TNA, as Booker was revealed to be the mystery partner of Sting at the TNA PPV. Another ex-WWE veteran joins their company.

CM_Punk
11-20-2007, 04:12 PM
The worst keep secret in wrestling was finally revealed, as Chris Jericho finally returned to Monday Night Raw!!* 8)

Y2J came out for the final segment, and told Randy Orton that he'll be coming for his WWE title. Good to see Jericho back on WWE TV after two years of pursuing other interests outside the ring.

tigerman
11-24-2007, 06:24 PM
^ And so is Edge... ;D
Edge vs. Taker for the smackdown main event in WM 24! ;D

HBK displayed a compilation of signature submission moves like the ankle lock, sharpshooter (ahem ahem! Miami's too far from Canada anyway :D) and crossface. Unfortunately, Rko is still the champ.

It's been five years Mr. Mcmahon, five long years... One last title run for HBK please!!!!!!

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

CM_Punk
11-25-2007, 08:27 PM
^ Yes, the Undertaker vs. Edge main event for Smackdown at Wrestlemania looks more promising than whatever Raw will produce. I have a feeling that Orton will cheat and retain his title against Y2J, leading to a rematch between Triple H and Orton at Wrestlemania, which is kinda repetitive already* :-\

tigerman
11-26-2007, 03:53 PM
^ Maybe we can throw in a triple threat match for the RAW main event featuring Y2J, RKO and HHH.

Or better yet a fatal four-way match (HBK, HHH, RKO and Y2J). ;D

No to Orton-Cena main event hahaha...

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

Howard the Duck
11-29-2007, 11:49 AM
we want cena!!!!

CM_Punk
12-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Chris Jericho wrestled his first match in over 2 years, beating Santino with his new alternate finisher, the Code Breaker. Y2J looked to be in pretty good physical shape, and should have a solid feud with Randy Orton for the next few weeks.

CM_Punk
01-03-2008, 10:23 AM
Based on the commercials of JACK TV, the WWE PPV's are coming back to to their cable channel. I guess they weren't making enough money in the movie cinemas, and decided to just show them again on television. Hope they show the Royal Rumble later this month* ;)

tigerman
01-03-2008, 11:16 AM
I saw a new program in MAXXX about wrestling, WWE 24-7. It features classic matches from the past. This is probably the move of SKY to convince us subscribers not to move over to Destiny for our JackTV.

Damn Sky Cable!!!! You suck Lopezes!

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

5FootCarrot
01-07-2008, 01:34 PM
I agree that WWE 24/7 is a lame replacement for all the WWE shows on Jack TV. It was great being only a week or so behind the US, so we didn't have to wait long to see for ourselves the TV show results reported on wwe.com.

At the same time, though, I have to say I'm enjoying the old school matches. Watching the 1990 Survivor Series over the past weekend brought back some fond memories :) (It was also kind of sad to realize that quite a few of the wrestlers in the Warriors vs. the Perfect Team matchup had already passed away. *sniffle*)

CM_Punk
01-07-2008, 04:13 PM
^ I watched that classic PPV too!* ;)* A lot of the popular big names wrestled on the 1990 Survivor Series PPV, such as Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, LOD, Mr. Perfect, Hart Foundation, Rockers, Texas Tornado, Dusty Rhodes, Jake the Snake Roberts, Million Dollar Man, and of course, the debut of the Undertaker.

I remember watching this PPV on a rented Betamax tape during my childhood, so it's a treat to watch this PPV again after so many, many years. I do hope that Jack TV will broadcast the Royal Rumble 2008, even if it's a few weeks delayed, on cable TV.

RockLobster
01-09-2008, 11:18 PM
Napanood ko rin 'yang re-run na 'yan sa Maxxx! Grabe talaga ang pagka-fearsome ni Undertaker. Alala ko 'yung boarder namin dati, he had a little son who would also watch. Nagtatago kapag entrance na ni Grim Reaper! ;D

Sorry, wala akong balita lately dahil sa pag-withdraw ng Solar group from Sky Cable. CM_Punk, ikaw pa rin ba ang ECW champion? At nasaan na ba si Ashley?! :)

john_paul_manahan
01-10-2008, 03:52 AM
hmmm... cm punk pa rin. ashley is back.

CM_Punk
01-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Yes, Punk is still the ECW champion. But frankly, his title reign is a bit boring already. I think it's time for him to drop the belt to Shelton Benjamin, and then jump ship to Smackdown after Wrestlemania via the draft or whatever for fresh matches and feuds.

As for Ashley, she's suppose to show up on the RAW brand, but it's not clear yet if she'll be returning as manager to the tag team of London and Kendrick, who are getting buried on that show, sigh* :'(

RockLobster
01-10-2008, 03:52 PM
^Thanks for the update... :)

CM_Punk
01-12-2008, 01:32 PM
Been watching those teaser promos for Kofi Kingston shown on ECW, calling himself as the first ever Jamaican WWE wrestler. He kinda reminds me of Dee Jay from the Street Fighter games. We'll see if he's got talent in the ring, or if he has an interesting character.

There sure are a lot of black wrestlers on ECW these days. Big Daddy V, Elijah Burke, Sheltn Benjamin, and now Kingston. All they need to do is bring back Lashley and Monty Brown, and they've got an instant stable to work with, heh.* :D

CM_Punk
01-23-2008, 04:16 PM
Chavo Guerrero is the new ECW champion, defeating CM Punk for the belt. Chavo won the title with the help of the new heel stable of Smackdown champ Edge, and the former Major brothers tag team. I can see them having a 4 way match at Wrestlemania for the ECW title- Chavo, Punk, Shelton Benjamin, and maybe John Morrison.

CM_Punk
01-28-2008, 12:49 PM
John Cena has won the Royal Rumble, after making his surprise return at the PPV. People thought that he would be back from his injury after Wrestlemania, but I guess the WWE and Cena felt that he was ready to go.

Personally, I'm not too happy about this development, as Jeff Hardy was enjoying such a good push on RAW, and now one has to wonder if he'll get a title opportunity again on RAW with the crowded main event scene. The best scenario I can imagine is Jeff winning Money in the Bank at Wrestlemania, then jumping to Smackdown and becoming their champion, by defeating Edge.

tigerman
01-29-2008, 12:05 AM
John Cena is back and soon at the top shesssh... :P

A triple threat match between Orton, Cena and Jeff come WM 24 is exciting too.
Or with rumors that Trips will turn heel soon, a feud bet. HHH and Hardy is a possibility too.

Meanwhile, wiith HBK eliminating Undertaker, we might see a match between the two legends come WM 24.
And assuming that will happen, no battle of the undefeated in WM bet. Taker and Edge.

Any updates on the return of the Big Show?

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

CM_Punk
02-04-2008, 11:43 AM
Brock Lesnar lost his UFC debut, tapping out in 90 seconds against Frank Mir.

Kurt Angle, the Undertaker, and Steve Austin were seen in the crowd.

tigerman
02-04-2008, 10:50 PM
WWE should consider putting some talent in the Smackdown! roster.

What I mean is the large number of main eventers and borderline main eventers in Raw unlike in Smackdown. One may compare also the participants in their respective elimination chamber events to see the difference in star quality.

RAW
HBK
RKO
HHH
Cena
Y2J
Jeff Hardy
JBL
Umaga
Mr. Kennedy

SMACKDOWN
Batista
Taker
Misterio
Edge
Finlay
Matt Hardy (who is out at the moment)

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

CM_Punk
02-08-2008, 09:24 PM
^ That's why when the Big Show makes his return to the WWE, he should show up on the Smackdown/ ECW brand, and add to their rather small list of main eventers.

I also think somebody should move over from RAW after Wrestlemania, perhaps Umaga or even Jeff Hardy, who can have some fresh new feuds on the Smackdown show with Undertaker, Mysterio, Batista, etc.

CM_Punk
02-13-2008, 04:45 PM
Good news for those with Jack TV, as they are bringing back the WWE PPV's on cable television. They will be showing the No Way Out PPV on Monday, Feb. 25 at 9 PM. Can't wait to see PPV's on my television screen again!* ;D

tigerman
02-19-2008, 11:13 AM
NO WAY OUT RESULTS:

Triple H wins Raw Elimination Chamber

]John Cena def. WWE Champion Randy Orton (DQ, Orton retains)

World Heavyweight Champion Edge def. Rey Mysterio

Undertaker wins SmackDown/ECW Elimination Chamber

ECW Champion Chavo Guerrero def. CM Punk

Ric Flair def. Mr. Kennedy

With the HHH win and the everlasting love of WWE to Cena, I'm expecting a triple threat match in the Raw main event at WM 24 between HHH, Cena and RKO.

Meanwhile on the other side of the fence, I'm pretty sure its the battle of the undefeated WM winning streaks bet. Edge and Taker for the WHC at the smackdown main event for WM 24.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

tigerman
02-19-2008, 09:40 PM
I would love to see HBK holding a championship belt again. If HHH and Taker can have it, why not HBK? He's been jobbing also for the longest time. Its been 6 years since Shawn's last title run.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

stonecold316
02-20-2008, 01:46 AM
^ That's why when the Big Show makes his return to the WWE, he should show up on the Smackdown/ ECW brand, and add to their rather small list of main eventers.

I also think somebody should move over from RAW after Wrestlemania, perhaps Umaga or even Jeff Hardy, who can have some fresh new feuds on the Smackdown show with Undertaker, Mysterio, Batista, etc.

I'm sure after ng Wrestlemania 24, magkakaroon na naman ng WWE Draft lottery. Aside from that new guys that came from TNA will start their WWE debut after WM24 so expect more action from thereon!

stonecold316

stonecold316
02-20-2008, 01:51 AM
From Wrestlingnewsworld

Breaking News: Floyd Mayweather To Wrestle At WrestleMania 24
Written by Andy Steven on Feb 18, 2008 - 7:40:52 AM

We can confirm that boxing champion Floyd Joy Mayweather, Jr. is scheduled to be wrestling at WrestleMania 24, instead of standing at ringside or being a special guest referee. Reports are suggesting that he will most likely be involved in a tag-team match. Assuming Rey Mysterio will be healthy enough to wrestle at WrestleMania 24, he will be Mayweather’s tag-team partner and will go against The Big Show and a tag-team partner of his.

Jason Powell is reporting Vince McMahon and the creative team are considering a number of different possibilities for a match involving Floyd Joy Mayweather, Jr. A source said that plans are “constantly changing.” MVP’s name has been mentioned to tag-team with The Big Show, however nothing has been confirmed.

With Shane McMahon taking part in the angle at No Way Out with The Big Show it could be assumed that he is the strongest candidate to tag-team with The Big Show. Rey Mysterio’s recent injury forced WWE to change their plans for No Way Out, and could lead to more changes in the match structure if he is unable to wrestle at WrestleMania 24.

stonecold316
02-20-2008, 01:58 AM
Wrestling News World.

WWE RAW Results - 02/17/2008
Written by Ryan Gray on Feb 17, 2008 - 11:14:43 PM

WWE RAW OPENER:

- WWE RAW tonight opens up with The Game and #1 contender Triple H coming out to the ring in street clothes, with a bandage on his forehead.

Triple H says he is pretty happy tonight because 12 months ago, he wasn't so happy. At this time last year, he was sitting in a wheelchair getting ready to go to WrestleMania 23 to sit behind the stage and watch the fans go nuts and watch the game from the sidelines. But after last night and the Elimination Chamber, The Game is back! Back where he belongs, back at the main event for WrestleMania. He says you can bet your ass, he will become a 12 time WWE Champion. Out comes Randy Orton.

he WWE Champion gets in the ring, gets himself a mic and tries to dodge all the "YOU SUCK" chants. Orton says we've really come all the way around full circle. Last night it was John Cena, before him Jeff Hardy, Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels and before all of them, it started with you, Triple H - the man Orton beat for the WWE Title. Orton says we have known each other for a long time, and in that time a lot of things have changed, but Triple H's jealousy over Orton has stayed the same. Orton keeps talking until John Cena comes out.

Cena comes out and says wait one second, one cotton picking minute. He says yeah, I just went there. The crowd boos Cena. Cena says Orton is the first WWE Champion to become a liar and a loser. Cena says with all the corruption in sports today, it's time disgrace has came to WWE in the form of Randy Orton as WWE Champion, with an asterisk beside his name. Cena says Orton is the only WWE Champion to lose his way into WrestleMania. Cena says how about tonight, we have a rematch for the WWE Title, Randy Orton vs. John Cena. Orton asks Triple H if he is going to allow Cena to come out here and interrupt what they have going at WrestleMania and says it has nothing to do with Cena. Triple H says he doesn't give a crap who's Champion because he is going to beat whoever it is. Out comes William Regal.

Regal comes out and says Triple H at WrestleMania is a lock for winning the Chamber last night. Regal brings up Orton getting himself DQ'd last night and says that doesn't reflect well on him and the RAW brand, so tonight we will have a rematch but it will be a non-title match. If Cena wins, it will be Orton vs. Cena vs. HHH at WrestleMania 24 in a 3-way match for the WWE Title. Triple H starts to argue this with Regal. Regal says Triple H will be the special guest referee tonight in the Orton-Cena match and it will be Triple H. The three look on at each other as RAW goes to commercial.

- Back from commercial and we see stills from Mayweather-Big Show as Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler plug the cage match and Mayweather later on tonight.

MITB Qualifying Match: Jeff Hardy vs. Snitsky
The WWE Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy comes out to brand new theme music. It looks like the band who made his new theme music is in the front row watching RAW. Out comes Snitsky.

Snitsky takes control early on, taking advantage of the beat and battered Jeff Hardy. Snitsky locks Hardy in the corner with a big boot to the chin. Hardy off the ropes taking Snitsky down with a dropkick to the knee, then the double kick in the corner. Hardy goes up to the top rope but gets knocked to the outside as we go to commercial.

Back from commercial and Snitsky has a bear hug locked on Hardy, still in control of the match. Big slam by Snitsky for a 2 count as Hardy barely kicks out. Big elbow and kicks from Snitsky and another 2 count. Hardy can barely stand is hurting. Snitsky rams Hardy back in the corner and continues to punish him. A series of running elbow drops by Snitsky and he only gets a 2 count.

Snitsky with another big elbow drop and he locks a crossface type move on Hardy in the center of the ring. Snitsky turns the hold around but keeps Hardy grounded on the mat. Hardy tries to fight back but Snitsky slams him. Hardy ducks out of the way of the big leg drop and starts fighting back on Snitsky. Big cross body by Hardy and a 2 count. Hardy hits the Whisper in the Wind only for a 2 count. Twist of Fate gets blocked and Hardy is down with a big boot from Snitsky, another 2 count.

Snitsky goes for a big pumphandle slam but Hardy slides out of it and hits the Twist of Fate. Hardy goes up top and nails the Swanton Bomb and gets the pinfall on Snitsky and qualifies for the Money in the Bank match at WrestleMania.

Winner: Jeff Hardy

- We see another clip from Mayweather-Big Show at No Way Out and cut backstage where Rey Mysterio and "Money" Mayweather are talking and hanging out. Jim Ross says Mayweather will be on RAW tonight as we go to another commercial.

- Mike Adamle is in the ring and brings out Shawn Michaels, who has a very special announcement. HBK, also looking bandaged and beaten up comes out to his pyro and gets a nice pop from the crowd.

HBK says he is sore, tired and beat up but WrestleMania is right around the corner. HBK says you can't have WrestleMania without having the Hall of Fame ceremony. HBK brings out the first inductee for the 2008 Hall of Fame, who he says is the greatest wrestler of all time, Ric Flair. We cut to a video package dedicated to Flair's career.

After the video, HBK calls out Ric Flair and asks the fans to help him welcome Flair. HBK makes a lame attempt at a "WHOOOOO" and HBK's music hits. They gave us the impression Flair was coming out, I guess he's not. HBK leaves the arena as Jim Ross plugs the main event later tonight, Cena vs. Orton with Triple H as the special referee. Back to commercial.

Paul Burchill with Katie Lea vs. Super Crazy
Crazy is waiting in the ring as the brother and sister duo make their way to the ring. We show a video package earlier of Burchill and Katie talking backstage, putting over the odd angle. Burchill goes right after Crazy but gets caught with a flurry of kicks and punches.

Crazy gets caught in mid-air and kicked to the mat hard. Burchill locks Crazy on the mat in an odd hold as Katie looks on with a strange look on her face. Crazy fights back but Burchill goes downstairs on Crazy then drops him with a big clothesline. Burchill holds Crazy's arms, then stomps his head into the mat, face first then gets the pinfall on Crazy.

Winner: Paul Burchill

- We see the steel cage hanging above the arena and Jim Ross plugs the cage match later tonight. We go backstage where Shane McMahon is talking to The Big Show as we go to commercial and the WrestleMania ad with Kelly Kelly and Mae Young.

- Back from commercial and Triple H is backstage on the phone, saying it doesn't matter to him. Randy Orton walks in and Triple H gets up. Orton says tonight, Cena can't win and their match can't be a 3-way at WrestleMania. Triple H asks him if he is trying to play mind games, trying to swerve his mind... Triple H says he taught him how to play mind games. Triple H says he is going to see it how it goes.

- JR and Lawler lead us into a video from No Way Out and Big Show's return along with the altercation with Floyd Mayweather. Weeee'llll it's The Big Show and out comes Paul Wight, with a black eye and all.

Show says he was asked to come out here tonight and apologize for his actions last night at No Way Out. Show says he intends to make a public apology, but he knew what he was doing. Show says he knows Mayweather is in the building and asks him to come out. 50 Cent's "I Get Money" blares and out comes Mayweather with his entourage.

Mayweather gets in the ring but his crew stays outside of the ring. Floyd asks Anaheim, CA what's up. A mixed reaction of boo's and cheers from the crowd. Mayweather says he loves publicity and has been a fan of WWE for many years. Floyd says he is sorry things had to happen like that last night, but he is the best fighter in the world. He says when someone calls him out, he has to retaliate. Show says he wasn't calling him out, he was just trying to get a little publicity and show the size difference between the two, you know, have a moment. Show says it's in the past and he says man to man, face to face, he is sorry.

Show extends his hand and Mayweather finally shakes it. "I Get Money" blares again and Mayweather slides out of the ring, staring at Show. Big Show gets on the mic and says hold on. He says he came out and did what he was supposed to do, but now he has to get something off his chest. Show says the only way he can hurt him was when he was on his knees. Show says even on his knees, he's still bigger than Floyd. Show says we both know, if he wanted to he could take him out in two minutes and he let Floyd leave the ring, Big Show's ring. Floyd turns around and stares down Show but his crew tries to get him to leave. Show says find out what the truth is, take him on one-on-one. Show says it will be the greatest fighter in the world vs. the biggest athlete in the world. He says you're 39-0, try to make it 40-0. Show taunts him and Floyd rushes the ring as does his crew.

Floyd takes off his coat, walks towards Show and says he accepts the challenge. Show is posted up, ready to fight and trash talking Mayweather. Floyd goes to punch at Big Show, but just scares him as Show backs up. "I Get Money" blares again as Floyd Mayweather and his entourage leave the ring area and Big Show watches on. The match is on, Big Show vs. Floyd Mayweather. Back to commercial.

- We're ringside with Jerry Lawler and Jim Ross. They plug the Mayweather vs. Show match, wondering what type of match it will be. JR says we're about to have another MITB qualifying match as we go to a video promo highlighting previous MITB matches at WrestleMania.

MITB Qualifying Match: Mr. Kennedy vs. Val Venis
Val Venis is waiting on Kennedy in the ring. Kennedy also comes out to new theme music. They lock up and Kennedy shoves Venis in the turnbuckles, working on his previously injured shoulder.

Kennedy takes Venis to the mat and tries to get him to submit via an armbar. Kennedy continues to control the match, working on Val's shoulder and elbow. They go back and forth until Kennedy catches Venis in the Mic Check out of nowhere and gets the pinfall. Kennedy has qualified for the Money in the Bank match at WrestleMania.

Winner: Mr. Kennedy

- The steel cage is being lowered over the ring for the McMahon-Hornswoggle cage match which is next. We go back to commercial.

- Back from commercial and we see the clip from last Monday night with Vince, Hornswoggle and Finlay. Vince is in the ring first, inside the cage, clinging to the wall and waiting on Hornswoggle.

Steel Cage Match: Vince McMahon vs. Hornswoggle
Vince is looking on, peering through the cage, looking crazy while he waits on Hornswoggle. The little guy comes out with Finlay at his side. Vince taunts Finlay s Horny hesitates then hops up in the steel cage.

Finlay follows Horny in the cage and tells Vince this is wrong. Vince tells him to get out and finally Finlay starts to leave the ring when JBL runs up from nowhere and slams the steel cage door on the back of Finlay's head. Vince pumps JBL up and JBL handcuffs Finlay to the steel cage wall and pounds on him. Finlay gets up and lunges after JBL but is cuffed. JBL watches on as Vince takes off his belt and taunts Horny.

Vince hits Horny with the belt one time and Hornwoggle starts crying. Finlay yells on for Vince to stop it. Vince hits Finlay with the belt and starts swatting Hornswoggle around the ring, with the belt. Hornswoggle is still crying. Vince gives JBL an order nd begins to leave the ring. JBL grabs Hornswoggle by his neck and starts choking him infront of Finlay. JBL launches Hornswoggle head first into the steel cage. Finlay is screaming at JBL, warning him. JBL grabs Hornswoggle again and kicks him in the head with a sick boot. JBL stares at Finlay and drops an elbow drop on Hornswoggle. JBL then kicks Finlay, who is still handcuffed, in the head. JBL picks Horny up again and hits a big fall away slam, throwing Horny into the cage wall. Vince looks on from the outside, with a crazed, dazed look on his face. Vince tells JBL that's enough, to give it up. Finlay tells JBL he will pay for this.

Vince calls JBL out of the ring and calls for help for Hornswoggle. Vince, in a deranged manner, tells Hornswoggle is he sorry, son. Finlay is screaming and yelling telling JBL and Vince they will pay for this. Hornswoggle is still down, laid out up against the cage. JBL and Vince McMahon walk up the ramp while the referees tend to Hornswoggle and we go to commercial.

- Back from commercial and JR & King are playing up the drama from the Hornswoggle attack. We saw Finlay carrying Hornswoggle to the back during the commercial break. Out comes Santino Marella and Maria.

Santino says he has some very good news, some great news. He says what the people want, they will get. Santino announces Maria will be posing in Playboy magazine. Santino has a contract in his hand. Santino says also tonight, you will see Maria in action against The Glamazon. Out comes Beth Phoenix.

Beth Phoenix vs. Maria
Maria looks puzzled as The Glamazon comes out. Santino gets on the mic and says hold on. He says in the contract, there is a stipulation that says she can only pose for Playboy if she beats Beth Phoenix tonight. Maria, in high heels, attacks Beth but gets rammed back in the corner and over powered.

Beth dominates Maria as expected. Maria tries to fight back but gets caught in a huge powerslam by Beth and a 2 count as Maria kicks out. Beth asks her if she's crazy and Maria starts to fight back. Candice Michelle comes out, distracts Beth Phoenix, letting Maria roll her up for the pinfall. I believe it was a non-title match, but Maria leaves with Candice, Santino and her Playboy contract.

Winner: Maria

- Triple H is shown backstage getting suited up for his special referee role in tonight's Cena-Orton match as we go to commercial.

- Back from commercial and Lilian Garcia is announcing this match as a non-title match but if John Cena wins, he goes to WrestleMania. Out comes the special referee Triple H.

John Cena vs. Randy Orton
Special Referee: Triple H
Triple H comes to the ring followed by the WWE Champion Randy Orton. Orton takes his time getting in and showing off his WWE Title, staring at Triple H. The music hits and out comes John Cena. Cena rushes the ring, runs the ropes and pumps the crowd.

Orton and Cena lock up, with Cena pushing Orton into the corner. Cena misses an attack and gets knocked down by a big right hand. Orton attacks with a series of kicks and punches to the head, staggering Cena. Triple H is allowing the fists from Orton. Cena fights back but gets dropped by a big dropkick by Orton. Orton shows off for the crowd as a dazed Cena tries to get up. Orton runs into Cena and knocks him off the apron, bouncing his head off the announcers table. Triple H begins the 10 count on Cena as we go back to commercial.

Back from commercial and Cena is back in the ring, with a series of moves on Orton. Cena gets a 2 count. Orton rolls out of the ring and takes a breather. Cena comes out after Orton, who is trying to grab his WWE Title. Cena slams Orton on the announcers table and throws him back in the ring. Orton catches him coming in the ring with a big kick. Orton with a big double arm DDT, laying Cena out. 2 count by Orton.

Orton and Cena trade punches in the center of the ring and Orton catches Cena in a big powerslam but only gets a 2 count. Orton starts stomping and kicking on the hand, then the ankle, just like he did at No Way Out. Orton continues his attack on Cena's various body parts, then slaps him in the head, taunting him. Orton drops a big knee over Cena's head and gets a 2 count.

Cena counters with a big slam on Orton and both men are down now. Orton gets up first but Cena meets him, running. Orton ducks and Cena runs into the turnbuckle. Orton rolls Cena up for a 2 count. Orton with big uppercuts in the corner and rights to the dazed John Cena. Orton slams Cena's head into the turnbuckles then hits him with more right hands and kicks. Cena fights back with a left, then a right, then another and another. Off the ropes and Cena hits a running shoulder, followed by another.

Big slam by Cena then he hits the Five Knuckle Shuffle. Cena picks him up for the FU but Orton slides out of it and drops Cena's neck over the ropes. Orton runs at Cena but gets dumped over the top rope and ends up on the outside. They're brawling on the floor now as Orton slams Cena's shoulder into the steel steps. Triple H is taking his time making the 10 count. Orton brings Cena back in the ring and looks at Triple H.

Orton gets back in the ring, crawling at Cena, stalking him. Cena blocks the FU and trips Orton and locks on the STFU. Triple H gets down to see if Orton will submit. Orton edges for the ropes as Cena applies the pressure of the STFU. Orton finally makes it to the ropes and Triple H tells Cena to break the hold. Cena holds it for 5 seconds before breaking it. Cena and Triple H have words in the ring and are face to face, nose to nose. Orton comes running and Cena hits him with the FU. Cena covers and Triple H makes the 1-2-3 count. Triple H comes from around Cena and drops him with The Pedigree. Triple H asks for the WWE Title, gets it and stands over the fallen Cena and Orton. Triple H stares at the WWE Title and drops it, kicks it to the side as Orton tries to get to his feet. Triple H grabs him and drops him with a Pedigree also. Triple H rips off his referee shirt, grabs the WWE Title and holds it high in the air as his music hits. Triple H holds the WWE Title over his shoulder and looks on at the WrestleMania 24 banner as RAW goes off the air.

Winner: John Cena

stonecold316
02-20-2008, 02:04 AM
Updated Card For Wrestlemania 24

As seen on RAW, John Cena defeated Randy Orton to secure a spot in the WWE Championship Match at Wrestlemania. Also, Jeff Hardy and Mr. Kennedy qualified for this year's Money In the Bank Ladder Match. Like last year's match, this year's Money in the Bank will have 8 competitors. Below is the updated card for Wrestlemania 24 that has been confirmed by WWE.com:

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Edge (c) vs. The Undertaker

WWE Championship Match
Randy Orton (c) vs. Triple H vs. John Cena

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Jeff Hardy vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. ?? vs. ?? vs. ?? vs. ?? vs. ?? vs. ??

stonecold316
02-20-2008, 02:09 AM
Oscar De La Hoya To Join Mayweather At WrestleMania?
Written by Tim Brown on Feb 18, 2008 - 4:54:14 PM.worldwrestlingnews

The latest rumor within the WWE locker room is that Shane McMahon is trying to sign Oscar De La Hoya to get involved in the Mayweather/Big Show angle leading into WWE WrestleMania 24. Right now they have him penciled in to be Big Show's partner against Floyd and Rey, if they can sign him. De La Hoya is said to be a huge wrestling fan, and is also the owner of Pro Wrestling Illustrated magazine.

The thing that makes this rumor questionable is that De La Hoya is going to be training for his fight this coming May, and a WrestleMania appearance could interfere with this.

In an interesting note, Shane McMahon is the one responsible for putting together the Floyd Mayweather deal with Big Show, after almost a year of negotiations.

CM_Punk
02-20-2008, 10:09 PM
I don't like the fact that Rey Mysterio has already suffered a serious injury, and yet, he's delaying the surgery and still wrestling in short matches. Rey, please take time off already, and get that injury fixed; spending more time in the ring is not a wise decision right now.

Can't wait to see the 2 Elimination Chamber matches at the No Way Out PPV. Read in other forums that it will be shown this Saturday afternoon on Jack TV, with another showing on Monday night..

stonecold316
02-21-2008, 12:30 AM
I don't like the fact that Rey Mysterio has already suffered a serious injury, and yet, he's delaying the surgery and still wrestling in short matches. Rey, please take time off already, and get that injury fixed; spending more time in the ring is not a wise decision right now.

Can't wait to see the 2 Elimination Chamber matches at the No Way Out PPV. Read in other forums that it will be shown this Saturday afternoon on Jack TV, with another showing on Monday night..

I think Rey is definitely out for Wrestlemania as he will undergo operation for his injury.

stonecold316

CM_Punk
02-21-2008, 01:35 PM
^ Read in a wrestling website that Rey is getting surgery at the end of the week, and will no longer take part in the Mayfeather/ Big Show angle at Wrestlemania.

If Jeff Hardy doesn't win Money in the Bank at Wrestlemania, then his momentum will be stalled, and will say goodbye to his solid main event push. Hope Jeff keeps healthy, and finally wins the WWE title sometime later this year.

CM_Punk
03-03-2008, 10:03 PM
I've seen the Maria Playboy pics online. Uh, nice naman siya, heheh* *;D

But the best photo shoot pa rin yung kay Sable a few years ago. The past couple of WWE Playboy cover girls (Ashley, Candice, now Maria) haven't met that high standard ever since.

tigerman
03-03-2008, 11:53 PM
Can you kindly share the link to me? ;D

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

5FootCarrot
03-04-2008, 10:05 AM
I've seen the Maria Playboy pics online. Uh, nice naman siya, heheh* *;D

But the best photo shoot pa rin yung kay Sable a few years ago. The past couple of WWE Playboy cover girls (Ashley, Candice, now Maria) haven't met that high standard ever since.

They don't make WWE Divas like they used to. The best divas overall IMO were Sable, Terri "Marlena" Runnels and Trish Stratus. (Chyna wound up looking good, too, except we all know what she looked like "before" and I think that spoiled the effect of the finished product.) Now there are mostly just cupcake-type, Playmate wannabes all over the place and I don't know half of them. (Of this group, I think Torrie Wilson is the best because she's gorgeous and has been involved in the business for a good long time.)

I miss the days when the divas weren't just pretty, but could kick butt, too. It was a great way of showing the WWE audience that women could be strong/athletic/tough as well as beautiful.

CM_Punk
03-04-2008, 06:55 PM
^ The only "trained" female wrestlers in the WWE these days are the current champion Beth Phoenix, Mickie James, and Victoria. Sadly, almost everyone else are the model types, which doesn't lead to very good matches on TV. These ladies need a lot more training and work to be done in order to reach the same levels of Trish and Lita.

tigerman
03-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Dalawang money in the bank ba ang gagawin sa Wm 24?

If memory serves me right, there are 4 superstars qualified already. They are Shelton, Jeff Hardy, Y2J and Umaga.

Updated card for WM 24

1. Triple threat for the WWE title between RKO vs. HHH vs. Cena

2. Edge vs. Taker for the WHC

3. HBK vs. Flair (career ender match)

4. Money in the bank between J. Hardy vs. Y2J vs. Umaga vs. Shelton

5. Floyd Mayweather vs. The Big Show

6. JBL vs. Finlay
- This is not yet official but with JBL's revelation in the last RAW episode that Finlay is the real father of Hornswoggle, this match is very much possible.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

CM_Punk
03-06-2008, 11:47 PM
Wrestlemania card looks a bit underwhelming this year; maybe because Cena came back early? I would have wanted somebody new in the main event scene, like a HHH vs. Jeff Hardy match for the WWE title. The Money in the Bank match and Flair vs. HBK are the only things that look interesting for me so far.

tigerman
03-09-2008, 12:11 AM
Money in the bank between J. Hardy vs. Y2J vs. Umaga vs. Shelton

I want to correct myself on this one.

Those who have qualified so far are Hardy, Y2J, Shelton, Kennedy and the latest qualifier Carlito. Umaga has yet to qualify. I would like to see CM Punk and maybe Chavo there too.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

john_paul_manahan
03-09-2008, 11:14 PM
umaga is set to face batista.

stonecold316
03-10-2008, 01:37 AM
Candice Michelle is also an excellent wrestler. Medyo nahasa na rin siya as shown with her recent match with Beth Phoenix before she got injured.

Isa pa dapat na panoorin eh yung laban ni Big Show at Floyd "Money Man" Mayweather. Floyd was paid by the WWE $20 million just to fight Show. Though I believe that Floyd will win this one, It's still interesting to see how he will do it.

stonecold316

tigerman
03-12-2008, 09:54 PM
STAMFORD, Conn. – In accordance with its Substance Abuse and Drug Testing Policy, WWE has suspended Jeff Hardy for 60 days, for his second violation of the company’s policy.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/jeffhardysuspended

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

CM_Punk
03-15-2008, 04:34 PM
With his 2nd suspension, Jeff Hardy will miss Wrestlemania, and his main event push is now over. Just like with what happened with RVD, Jeff won't be allowed to go near the main event scene once he comes back from his suspension, and is going to be stuck at the Intercontinental Championship level for some time.

A shame really, that Jeff could not control his inner demons. That means the Money in the Bank match at Wrestlemania just got more intriguing, with guys like Jericho, MVP, and Kennedy as being the potential winners for the briefcase, and a shot at any WWE main event title.

stonecold316
03-18-2008, 03:57 AM
Yes, it's so sad to hear that idol Jeff Hardy will no longer be competing at the biggest stage of them all "Wrestlemania 24" after another suspension handed down by the WWE Board.

I think one of the reason's why Jeff didn't win the WWE title at the Royal Rumble against Randy Orton was because of he's drug problems. Maybe we can compare Jeff's case to that of the late Eddie Guerrero who I think relied on taking drugs in order to cure some of the pain he was suffering because of year's of wrestling.

Anyway, hope Jeff learns from his lesson because another suspension means total termination of his contract.

stonecold316

stonecold316
03-18-2008, 05:33 AM
Jeff Hardy's home destroyed by fire
By: Corey Clayton
Written: March 16, 2008

Raw Superstar and former Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy lost his Cameron, N.C., home to fire late Friday night.

Hardy was not at home at the time of the blaze. His home is being reported as a total loss.

At this time, the Superstar has been unavailable for comment on the incident.

News reports state that Moore County Fire Department officials currently list the cause of the fire as "undetermined." Fire department officials also stated that foul play is not being investigated, as Hardy reportedly told investigators that he did not have insurance on his home.

On his personal blog, Raw commentator Jim Ross reported that Jeff's brother, Matt, saw smoke coming from Jeff's home late Friday night and was able to confirm that no one was home, but was too late to do anything to save the house. Read J.R.'s blog post

Jeff Hardy is currently serving a 60-day suspension for a second violation of the WWE's Substance Abuse and Drug Testing Policy.

5FootCarrot
03-18-2008, 07:35 AM
Poor Jeff Hardy. I'm not sorry he got suspended because he brought that down on himself, but it's got to be tough to have that happen to him and then lose his home in quick succession. I hope he'll be able to deal with the situation with the help of his family and friends, not drugs.

stonecold316
03-19-2008, 01:06 AM
Kakaawa naman si Jeff. Hopefully maka-recover siya sa pagsubok na dumadaan sa buhay niya.

stonecold316

CM_Punk
03-26-2008, 09:21 AM
Wrestlemania is this Sunday na pala. Unlike in previous years, I'm not as excited about the main event matches. And, it looks like Jack TV will still have the major PPVs (Wrestlemania, Royal Rumble, etc.) in the movie cinemas, while showing on cable TV the not as popular PPVs, like when they showed No Way Out last month.

stonecold316
03-26-2008, 05:53 PM
Candice Michelle Undergoes Surgery - Off 'Mania 24 Card
By Ryan Clark | March 25, 2008

Candice Michelle Undergoes Surgery - Off 'Mania 24 Card
According to an article updating the condition of Candice Michelle's injury on Raw last week, she has been pulled from the "Bunnymania" match at WrestleMania. However, she does plan on attending WrestleMania nonetheless.

Michelle had surgery earlier yesterday to repair the re-broken clavicle she suffered in her match on Raw last week.

On how she re-injured her clavicle, Michelle said, "I was getting ready for a dropkick, and I thought it might be more effective if I landed on my back. I landed on my left shoulder and hurt [the clavicle] right then and there."

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

nastrans
03-26-2008, 09:02 PM
And the worst part about Wrestlemania this year is that its only limited to a Monday night screening at Glorietta, unlike last year when it was at various Ayala and SM cinemas.

Tough luck by Candice Michelle, reinjuring her clavicle, no wonder I cringed when I saw her do the dropkick.

tigerman
03-28-2008, 12:46 AM
Sure ba na wala sa SM cinemas? Nakakatamad pumunta sa glorietta ng ganyan kaaga hehe.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

stonecold316
03-30-2008, 02:11 AM
May nakausap ako from SM and they said they are still waiting for word kung ipapalabas ang wrestlemania sa sinehan nila. Hopefully matuloy ito kung hindi lugi kung Glorietta.

Napakalayo sa akin!

stonecold316

stonecold316
03-30-2008, 02:24 AM
:D :D :D

Wrestlemania 24
Matches

-Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship (my winner: Triple H)

-World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs. Undertaker (my winner: Undertaker, via disqualification)

-Floyd "Money" Mayweather vs. Big Show (my winner: Floyd Mayweather)

-Ric Flair vs. Shawn Michaels (Career Threatening Match) (my winner: Shawn Michaels)

-Money in the Bank Ladder Match (my winner: Mr. Kennedy or Carlito)

-SmackDown vs. Raw: Batista vs. Umaga (my winner: Umaga)

-24-Man Battle Royal - Winner faces ECW Champion (medyo mahirap)

-Finlay vs. JBL - Belfast Brawl (my winner: Finlay)

-BunnyMania Lumberjack Match: Ashley & Maria vs. The Glamazon & Melina (my winner: Ashley and Maria)

nastrans
03-31-2008, 01:19 AM
Sana nga, halos Class A lang ang pupunta sa Glorietta e, bakit ang biggest WWE PPV of the year ay sa isang venue lang? Dapat nga madami yan e.

Like last year, kahit encore screening na yun madami pa ding tao at tutok sila sa Batista-Taker match nun (ako lang yata dun ang gustong manalo si Taker eh hehehe).

Anyway, here are my predictions for tommorow:

Randy Orton (c) vs John Cena vs Triple H: Cena (medyo predictable na si HHH ang may advance, parang stir lang ang dating)

Undertaker vs Edge: Taker (although Chavo, Vickie, Ryder and Hawkins will get involve, kung manonood lang ako sa Orlando magdadala ako ng 15-0-1 na poster :D)

Mayweather vs Big Show: Mayweather (Mayweather yan, siguro may interference yan, expect an entertaining match)

Ric Flair vs Shawn Michaels: Flair (Flair will win in a hard fought match, feud will extend into Backlash)

Money in the Bank Match: MVP or Jericho

Batista vs Umaga: Batista (may involvement siguro ng mga wrestlers)

Battle Royal: A face

Chavo vs Battle Royal winner: Chavo will cheat to retain the ECW title

Ashley and Maria vs Glamazon and Melina: Glamazon and Melina will take part but the Playboy girls will retaliate after the match with some snoop dog involvement.

CM_Punk
03-31-2008, 08:51 AM
Just read some of the early spoilers on Wrestlemania...

YES!! CM Punk has won Money in the Bank!! I sure hope he doesn't use it to go after the ECW title, though. Maybe go after Edge (if he still has the title) on Smackdown later in the year, say around Summerslam. After Batista and Undertaker, Smackdown doesn't really have any credible main event faces on their roster.

CM_Punk
03-31-2008, 11:36 AM
Kane defeated Chavo Guerrero for the ECW title, Shawn Michaels "ended" the career of Ric Flair, Randy Orton retained his title in the triple threat match over Cena and HHH, and in a nice twist, the Smackdown main event for once got to end the big Wrestlemania PPV instead of RAW, as Undertaker defeated Edge to win the title.

tigerman
03-31-2008, 11:49 AM
^ So it means WM to be shown at glorietta and SM cinemas are not live as advertised?

@ nastrans - Ipapalabas na daw sa SM cinemas. MOA, Megamall, N.Edsa and Southmall @ 7pm tonight.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

tigerman
03-31-2008, 12:58 PM
Hindi nga live yung sa sinehan. ;D

I just saw the vids of the matches at justin.tv

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

tigerman
03-31-2008, 02:37 PM
O boy while watching it on the net, I can feel the sadness of the crowd at the venue after the HBK-Flair match.
He deserves the standing ovation and appreciation from the crowd.

Thanks for everything Mr. Ric Flair.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

erichubert
03-31-2008, 03:28 PM
I wish this would be his final match already, he deserves the great send-off he got. But with Ric, you never know, I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back again after a break and wrestles once again, nasa dugo na talaga niya ang wrestling.

stonecold316
03-31-2008, 06:04 PM
Goodbye Rick Flair!

We will miss you!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

stonecold316

stonecold316
03-31-2008, 06:07 PM
Alis na ako. watch muna ng WM24. Later guys!

stonecold316

RockLobster
03-31-2008, 06:33 PM
Just as in the boxing events, it's never "live". It's always "via satellite" (read: delayed telecast).

Go Taker! 16-0 na, 'di ba?

Hats off to "The Dirtiest Player in the Game", "Mr. Stylin' and Profilin'", or simply, Mr. Rick Flair. He's not only left a legacy, but he's a legacy himself.

tigerman
03-31-2008, 10:09 PM
But last year's wrestlemania was shown live on cinemas.

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

stonecold316
04-01-2008, 03:06 AM
The End
By: Bryan Robinson
March 30, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. – Deep down, Ric Flair knew this day would come. Mr. McMahon gave him a “win or retire” ultimatum more than four months ago, but the “Nature Boy” didn’t need a mandate to realize his in-ring career was coming to an end. And though tears streamed down his cheeks as he said farewell to the millions of fans he entertained for more than 35 years, Flair didn’t feel any agony in defeat to Shawn Michaels tonight at WrestleMania XXIV. After all, how fitting it is that the greatest wrestler of all time ends his career on The Grandest Stage of Them All.

What a week it had been for the 16-time World Champion! Flair received tributes from well-wishers across the country all week, from receiving the key to the city of Columbia, S.C., last Monday to his induction into the WWE Hall of Fame Saturday night. It was as if “Naitch’s” millions of fans sensed he would not be able to avoid defeat like he had since last November. Everyone wanted to pay tribute to Flair and let him know how much they appreciated watching him for so many years.

Still, that didn’t prevent a hushed silence from engulfing the Citrus Bowl tonight after Michaels stunned Flair with Sweet Chin Music to the jaw and the Nature Boy wasn’t able to rise before the three-count. More than 70,000 of our screaming fans seemed amazed because they had just witnessed history – the end of a legendary career.

At first, HBK couldn't bring himself to unleash Sweet Chin Music and it nearly cost him the match. But he realized during his second and third opportunity that he had to pull the trigger. Flair wanted it that way – no sympathy, no remorse. With tears in his eyes, Flair implored HBK. And with a whisper of "I'm sorry ... I love you," Michaels turned out the lights on Flair's legendary career.

An exhausted HBK buried his head in his hands. The Showstopper – “Mr. WrestleMania” – had provided many unforgettable moments over the years at The Granddaddy of Them All, but this was not one that he wanted. Flair was his idol and his inspiration, the reason he chose to become a Superstar.

As a boy, and later as an up-and-coming Superstar, Michaels worshipped Flair and aspired to be everything the Nature Boy was in the industry. Even today, as a respected, grizzled veteran who has had his own Hall of Fame-caliber career, Michaels is like an awestruck boy when he is in the presence of Flair. Before WrestleMania XXIV, HBK himself said he couldn’t imagine the industry without Flair.
Whirlwind of emotions

However, the Nature Boy and new WWE Hall of Famer chose to face Michaels at WrestleMania. Flair said he handpicked HBK because he considered him “the very best,” and he had to know if he could still defeat the very best on sports-entertainment’s grandest stage.

Flair appreciated all the kind words from well-wishers, but he didn’t want – or necessarily welcome – any suggestion that a loss to HBK at WrestleMania was a foregone conclusion. In many ways, Michaels had no choice but to face Flair. If he didn’t, he would lose the respect of a man he loved. And Flair didn’t want sympathy from HBK; he didn’t want him to hold anything back. The only true way HBK could honor Flair was to give him his very best at WrestleMania.
A Showstopping encounter

And The Showstopper gave Naitch his very best. In some ways, Michaels’ onslaught was an elixir for Flair. The legendary World Champion at times seemed 20 years younger as he battled HBK with a ferocity and a ring mastery that showed our fans why he has been known as both “The Dirtiest Player in the Game” and “Rembrandt of the Squared Circle,” as Jim Ross likes to say.

At one point, thousands of necks craned and jaws dropped in the Citrus Bowl when Flair trapped Michaels in his trademark Figure-Four Leglock and HBK screamed, seemingly moments away from tapping out. As both legends traded momentum for nearly 20 minutes, it was easy to see why Flair has said he sees traces of himself in HBK.

But ultimately, Michaels outlasted Flair. He gave Flair what he wanted – his very best in the form of Sweet Chin Music. At first, HBK couldn't bring himself to unleash Sweet Chin Music and it nearly cost him the match. But he realized during his second and third opportunity that he had to pull the trigger. Flair wanted it that way – no sympathy, no remorse. With tears in his eyes, Flair implored HBK. And with a whisper of "I'm sorry ... I love you," Michaels turned out the lights on Flair's legendary career.

HBK cradled the "Nature Boy's" head, whispered in his ear and then left the ring. When Flair was able to rise, the tears welled in his eyes. Maybe he was relieved; maybe he felt tremendously honored. Flair knew he lost to not only a better competitor this night, but to a man he somewhat molded. In many ways, his career was ended by a near carbon copy of himself.

The Citrus Bowl erupted. Meanwhile, Superstars – Flair rivals and allies alike, who watched the battle from the locker room, gave him a standing ovation. Dusty Rhodes, Ricky Steamboat and Barry Windham – past Flair rivals who were now dear friends and currently WWE officials – saluted him. Flair blew kisses to his wife and children seated in the front row, and even hardened warriors and friends like Arn Anderson and Triple H in the back couldn’t fight back their tears.

Back in 1978, the original "Nature Boy," Buddy Rogers, challenged Flair because he needed to know if his namesake was “for real.” Rogers passed the torch to Flair that night, and nearly 30 years later, the 16-time World Champion has passed it on to Michaels. The Showstopper beat “The Man” on the greatest stage in sports-entertainment. Still, Flair will always be The Man.

"Little Naitch" Charles Robinson, who refereed tonight's match and idolized Flair, wiped tears from his eyes. Robinson could say something no other wrestling official in the world could say: He officiated "Nature Boy" Ric Flair's last match.
Now and always ‘The Man’

It’s amazing to think Flair’s career was almost cut short before it really began. Some doctors predicted that he would never compete again after he was severely injured in a plane crash in 1975. Flair not only came back, but he made a career of defying odds and winning championships. There isn’t a legend or Superstar who has emerged over the last 35 years that Flair hasn’t met and defeated. He even made a believer out of the original “Nature Boy” Buddy Rogers, who fell to Flair in an iconic encounter in 1978.

Back then, Rogers challenged Flair because he needed to know if his namesake was “for real.” Rogers passed the torch to Flair that night, and nearly 30 years later, the 16-time World Champion has passed it on to Michaels. The Showstopper beat “The Man” on the greatest stage in sports-entertainment.

Still, Flair will always be The Man. Just look at the champions he has mentored and inspired – Triple H, Michaels, Batista and Randy Orton, to name a few. And DX, Evolution, the New World Order and any other wrestling supergroup that will form in the years to come owe gratitude to Flair’s Four Horsemen. “Also Sprach Zarathustra” has played for the last time, but the Nature Boy’s legacy lives on. Diamonds are forever, and so is Ric Flair. Woooooo!

stonecold316
04-01-2008, 03:14 AM
Results:Sweet Sixteen
By: Craig Tello
March 30, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. – An unforgettable night at WrestleMania XXIV concluded in a glorious darkness illuminated by brilliant fireworks on Sunday, as the grim grip of sports-entertainment’s one and only Phenom once again clutched the World Heavyweight Championship.

The fall of the Rated-R Superstar not only commences Undertaker’s sixth World Title reign, but also fulfills the simple prophecy of The Deadman’s venerable undefeated streak on The Grandest Stage of Them All: It will endure.

The epic main event battle for the gold took place with the stark nightfall that eclipsed the sold-out Citrus Bowl – the open-air setting of WrestleMania XXIV. Known for making countless eerie, goose bump-inducing approaches to the ring – including everything from ravens to urn bearers – The Phenom made what was certainly the biggest entrance of his 16 WrestleMania appearances. The challenger was preceded by 10 torch-bearing druids and greeted by searing flames that reached more than 40 feet above the vast stage.

Soon after, the waning ominous, blue-hued light lifted for the forthcoming champion. Strangely appearing without his loyal miscreants, Curt Hawkins & Zack Ryder, Edge was joined by his fiancée, SmackDown General Manager Vickie Guerrero. After a long kiss goodbye at the top of the entranceway, the Ultimate Opportunist walked a long path toward his destiny against the most iconic figure in sports-entertainment history.

For weeks, The Phenom tried to get his cold hands on the evasive, yet strategic, Rated-R Superstar. Edge spent his Road to WrestleMania attempting to perturb Undertaker’s absolute focus on snaring the World Heavyweight Title, but on Sunday night, the Ultimate Opportunist’s plan proved futile.

The champion did his best to combat the very trepidation that has crept into the hearts of even the most steadfast contenders to The Deadman in the past at ’Mania. As confident and intent as Edge was on ending Undertaker’s fabled and feared winning streak, this night would mark the Rated-R Superstar’s final evening as champion. Nonetheless, despite his loss on The Grandest Stage of Them All, Edge – opportunist or not – still proved many of his disbelievers wrong by taking a top caliber fight to WWE’s greatest legend.

During the contest, The Phenom delivered a relentless torrent of his signature moves, weakening his resistant rival. Edge, too, retaliated with just about every vicious hold and attack he could possibly muster. Clearly well-schooled and self-educated in the challenger’s stratagem, the Rated-R Superstar reversed key maneuvers and even kicked out of several pinfall attempts after Undertaker landed a number of typically deal-closing moves – including the Last Ride and even the Tombstone Piledriver.

Following critical shifts in momentum and an attempt at his own Tombstone, the defending World Champion found some support from his Rated-R entourage. The Deadman managed to lay waste to Hawkins & Ryder, but the Ultimate Opportunist found the ideal moment to execute a spear – much like he did almost one year ago when he used the Money in the Bank contract to defeat a battle-worn Undertaker. But, one wasn’t enough to put away The Phenom and Edge was forced to plant a second one on his foe.

Suddenly, the twice-speared Undertaker locked in his mysterious submission hold and the Rated-R Superstar could only fight so much before tapping out with his last few breaths. A new World Heavyweight Champion was crowned and the lore of The Deadman’s streak claimed one more victim.

Now an astounding 16-0 at WrestleMania, Undertaker successfully reaped the soul of the Rated-R Superstar, and more importantly, cinched the highly coveted symbol of in-ring supremacy in the World Heavyweight Championship.

stonecold316
04-01-2008, 03:18 AM
Results:One-Man Dynasty Indeed?
By: Bryan Robinson
March 30, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. – Before some 70,000 stunned fans who were convinced that either John Cena or Triple H would walk away with the gold, Randy Orton proved tonight that reports of his demise as WWE Champion at WrestleMania XXIV were premature.

A wave of boos and a spattering of middle fingers greeted Orton as he held the WWE Title high for everyone in the Citrus Bowl and millions of pay-per-view watchers worldwide to see. “I told you so,” Orton seemed to be saying as he celebrated his victory. Many critics seemed to believe that it was a foregone conclusion that the Legend Killer’s five-month reign as WWE Champion would end at WrestleMania XXIV. And the arrogant Orton was keenly aware of this – and that’s why he reveled in his own special WrestleMania moment as a despondent Triple H and Cena looked on incredulously.
Seeds of a Dynasty

Ever since he won the WWE Championship, Randy Orton has been telling every and anyone who would listen that he is a “One-Man Dynasty.” Since October, he had shown he would do absolutely anything to keep the WWE Championship – no one, no relative was safe and nothing was over the line for Orton in his quest to keep the gold. The Legend Killer had emerged as a force atop the WWE mountain and turned back the challenges of elite contenders such as Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho and Jeff Hardy.

But as sadistic and egotistical as the third-generation Superstar is, he is also a proud champion. Tonight was the first time he headlined WrestleMania as champion and he was determined to prove a point. He was also annoyed that so many fans and critics anointed Cena and The Game as the next WWE Champion at WrestleMania.

In the weeks leading up to WrestleMania XXIV, Orton even made it a point to stun his two opponents on separate occasions with sudden RKOs when he believed they had forgotten about him and were too focused on each other. Orton saw Cena and Triple H as two nuisances, gnats that were always flying around his title and would never let him bask in his greatness. By eliminating by Triple H and Cena on The Grandest Stage of Them All, he believed he would prove once and for all that he is a “One-Man Dynasty.”
Three-Way Quest for Redemption

And tonight, Orton went a long way towards legitimizing his dynasty claims, but not without a fight from both Cena and Triple H. These three warriors are as different as anyone can be, but they share a common passion for the Holy Grail of sports-entertainment. And like Orton, Cena and The Game felt like they had something to prove.

Cena wanted to reclaim the title he never lost. Thanks to Orton, he was injured last October and had to relinquish the WWE Championship. Cena had to watch as the Legend Killer put a vise grip on the gold. Cena’s torn pectorial muscle was supposed to keep him out of WrestleMania, but he couldn’t sit on the sidelines and watch someone else hold his title. He decided to risk it all for an opportunity to reclaim the gold at WrestleMania XXIV.

Triple H’s odyssey to WrestleMania XXIV was full of twists, turns and potholes. Sure, he had headlined WrestleMania several times before, but this year was different. He saw WrestleMania XXIV as a chance at redemption. Last year, he missed WrestleMania due to injury. His 11th title reign was cut way too short by Orton, his former friend and Evolution teammate. And The Cerebral Assassin was haunted by Cena, a man he had never defeated. He still remembered tapping out to Cena’s STFU at WrestleMania 22. Cena also prevented The Game from winning this year’s Royal Rumble.

Triple H was proud that he overcame all sorts of obstacles, gauntlets and five opponents in the Elimination Chamber at No Way Out to make it back to The Grandest Stage of Them All. But he wasn’t going to feel complete unless he left the Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship with the gold. Triple H lives to be WWE Champion. He wanted – needed – to show the world at WrestleMania XXIV that he truly was The King of Kings and back on top of his Game.
A Cerebral Legend Killer: 'I Told You So'

Unfortunately for Cena and Triple H, their dreams of redemption at WrestleMania were just that – dreams. The Triple Threat Match was a war where the tide shifted several times between Cena, Orton and Triple H. Weeks of one-upmanship and mind games came to a physical head tonight as all three warriors showed they would do anything – and use any weapon – to win the gold.

However, in the end, brains turned out to be the deciding factor over brawn. Orton showed that he had indeed learned his lessons well from The Cerebral Assassin in their Evolution days. After watching The Game crush Cena with a Pedigree, Orton disposed of an unsuspecting Triple H with a punt to the skull and covered the vulnerable West Newbury, Mass. native for the stunning three-count.

So, The Champ is still here … but it’s not Cena. To the chagrin of Cena, Triple H, many of our fans and the locker room, Randy Orton is still the WWE Champion. And believe us, the self-proclaimed One-Man Dynasty loves to say, “I told you so.” There really will be no living with him now.

stonecold316
04-01-2008, 03:29 AM
Animalistic bulldozing
By: Michael Dinan
March 30, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. – Before tonight, Umaga’s inscrutable rants reflected the savagery of his own manic destruction in the ring. A powerful, sadistic and deceptively quick warrior who had rarely been pinned down and was never truly dominated in the ring, the Samoan Bulldozer spoke more directly with his tattooed body. He let out primitive screams and unleashed a brutality that struck fear in his fellow WWE Superstars and assured Raw GM William Regal that his brand would come out victorious in battle for show supremacy with SmackDown’s Batista at WrestleMania XXIV.

That was before tonight. Now here’s a word Umaga may not want to get used to, courtesy of Batista: “Manhandled.”

In a stunning battle for brand bragging rights between two of WWE’s most ferocious Superstars, The Animal dropped Umaga with a devastating Batista Bomb before 70,000 screaming fans at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando. The Batista Bomb on Umaga stunned onlookers, who had never seen the Samoan monster manhandled like that in his two years in WWE. The Animal’s impressive victory gave bragging rights to SmackDown’s fans and Superstars, long annoyed by Raw’s flagship status within WWE.

After nearly pinning Batista twice on the strength of nerve holds early in the match, momentum shifted swiftly and irretrievably for Umaga. With his back to a seemingly dazed Batista, the Samoan Bulldozer played to the ecstatic crowd and signaled for his signature Samoan Spike. But The Animal held off the deadly finishing move and swiftly countered with a spine buster and clinching Batista Bomb.

Could Batista’s thrashing of Umaga be the sign of renewed focus and determination in The Animal? It’s no secret that Batista wants to hold the World Heavyweight Championship again and perhaps his victory could persuade SmackDown General Manager Vickie Guerrero, who had had difficulties in the past because of his rivalry with her lover, Edge.

Though hesitant at first, Guerrero one month ago granted Batista’s request to face the 348-pound Umaga in the high-profile match at WrestleMania. Batista never underestimated the Samoan Bulldozer, assailing Umaga until the Raw monster ran out of gas.

It isn’t clear where Batista’s convincing victory will take him next. But one thing is certain: He unleashed an Animalistic fury on Umaga tonight that he will never forget and has put WWE on notice.

stonecold316
04-01-2008, 03:41 AM
Results:Big Red champion
By: Ryan Murphy
March 30, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. — While Kane is revered for a combination of size, strength and agility that has allowed him to dominate WWE rings for the past decade, his in-ring strategy is often overlooked. But a brilliant plan is exactly what the Big Red Machine used to defeat Chavo Guerrero and walk out of WrestleMania XXIV as the new ECW Champion.

In his defense, Guerrero didn’t have much time to prepare for his match against the Big Red Machine. Kane earned an opportunity at the championship earlier in the evening by defeating 23 other Superstars in a hard-fought Battle Royal. Upon finding out Kane would be his opponent, the self-proclaimed “Mexican Warrior” may have spent the brief time between matches trying to figure out how to combat Kane’s raw power and brutal strength — or devising an underhanded way to hold onto his championship. What he didn’t prepare for was a sneak attack.

After entering the ring, Guerrero was greeted by the fiery blaze of Kane’s pyro. But instead of making his usual entrance through hellfire and brimstone, the Big Red Machine appeared from under the ring and took the ECW Champion completely by surprise. Before Guerrero even had a chance to react to the 7-foot monster, he was hit with a thunderous chokeslam and pinned. Guerrero never saw it coming. In a matter of seconds, Kane was declared the winner, adding a new championship to his collection.

Of course, it can be argued that Guerrero was given a taste of his own medicine. The Guerrero family has always prided itself on brilliant in-ring strategy, and two months earlier, Guerrero had taken advantage of interference from Edge in order to defeat CM Punk for the ECW Championship. What can’t be argued is that Guerrero will be dead set on getting a rematch against Kane and regaining the gold. Now that he’s champion, Kane will not only have to deal with an angry Guerrero, but giants like The Great Khali and Mark Henry who are hungry for the title. Kane’s reign won’t be an easy one, but the Big Red Machine wouldn’t settle for anything less.

stonecold316
04-01-2008, 03:51 AM
Results:Perseverance makes Punk ‘Mr. Money’ in Orlando
By: Corey Clayton
March 30, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. – The Straightedge Superstar shot straight to the top of the championship ranks Sunday night, thanks to his latest acquisition.

Former ECW Champion CM Punk fended off Chris Jericho on top of a 15-foot-high ladder to claim the Money in the Bank briefcase at WrestleMania XXIV. The victory over a talented field of six other Superstars gives Punk the opportunity to immediately challenge for any of WWE’s three major championships – anytime, anyplace.

But what was more shocking than Punk’s victory was the return of Montel Vontavious Porter’s most persistent rival, Matt Hardy.

Fully recovered from a ruptured appendix suffered late last year, Hardy rushed to ringside to thwart the United States Champion’s chance to claim the briefcase, knocking down SmackDown’s king of bling with a Twist of Fate off the ladder as the Citrus Bowl crowd roared.

Sources tell WWE.com that MVP was irate in the locker room, knowing now that the No. 1 threat to his U.S. Title is back and gunning for him.

After Punk's win in this human destruction derby, all of WWE’s champions will have to watch their backs and keep their guards up. But as last year’s winner, Mr. Kennedy, found out last year, “Mr. Money in the Bank” is a target for all those in the locker room who seek a taste of that king-making power.

But for one immortal night in Orlando, CM Punk is “money.” And our fans worldwide know it.

stonecold316
04-01-2008, 03:55 AM
Results:Show-n up
By: Louie Dee
March 30, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. – At WrestleMania XXIV, Floyd Mayweather put his “money” where his mouth was, running his
professional record to 40-0 with a shocking knockout of the 7-foot, 441-pound Big Show.

While he may not have come through on his promise to break the mammoth’s jaw, he did, in fact, shock the Citrus Bowl-record crowd of 74,635 WWE fans and millions more watching around the world on pay-per-view by felling Big Show like a giant redwood. The victory, however, didn’t come without a bit of chicanery.

Mayweather’s initial strategy of “you can’t hurt me if you can’t catch me” worked for a while, but just like the proverbial tortoise and the hare, The World’s Largest Athlete won that race in the end. After finally catching The Greatest Fighter in the World, Big Show clobbered his much smaller challenger, seemingly toying with the welterweight champion. The 7-footer brutalized Mayweather with chops, body shots and stomps to the arm. The WBC welterweight champion tried to fight back with a sleeper, but when Big Show dropped him once again, Mayweather’s entourage decided enough was enough.

One of Floyd’s handlers pulled him from the ring, and the group attempted to escape. But like a Velociraptor chasing down guests at Jurassic Park, Big Show hunted down “Money” and dragged him back the ring – manhandling several of Mayweather's corner men in the process.

That wasn’t the last Big Show would see of the entourage, however, as one took advantage of the “Anything Goes” stipulation by introducing a chair into the proceedings. The 7-footer thwarted his efforts thanks to a thunderous chokeslam, but when “Money” tried to capitalize by using the chair himself, Big Show wrapped his massive hands around Mayweather’s 24-inch neck.

Unfortunately, that left his nether regions unprotected. One swift kick to the little “Big Show” stopped The Largest Athlete in the World in his tracks, and that was all the opening “Money” needed. Wielding the chair like a mighty club, Mayweather cracked the Goliath once, twice, three times in the head. With Big Show reeling, the welterweight champion dropped his right glove and snatched a chain with brass knuckles on it from around one of his fallen comrade’s necks. Sliding them on his already lethal right fist, “Money” wound up and slugged Big Show straight in the jaw.

The WWE Superstar dropped like an imploded building, and our fans in the Citrus Bowl sat in hushed silence as referee Scott Armstrong made the count. When it reached 10, the Citrus Bowl erupted in boos as Mayweather celebrated career knockout No. 26.

While it’s bad enough that Big Show failed on his promise to end Mayweather’s career, what could be worse is the backlash he might receive from his own peers. Normally one of the most feared men in the WWE locker room, how will Big Show be received now that he’s lost to a man who is literally half his size?

Floyd Mayweather showed the world at WrestleMania why he is a six-time champion in five different boxing weight classes. In doing so, he proved the old adage that it’s not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog – especially when that dog has his whole pound helping him out.

stonecold316
04-01-2008, 03:56 AM
ORLANDO, Fla. - Such a conflict was destined to happen. Ashley braves Survivor: China. Maria dumps Santino Marella in order to prove her independence. WWE Women’s Champion Beth Phoenix makes bold statements to WWE.com that she would “raise the bar on all standards for women,” with former Women’s Champion Melina by her side. Tonight, supervised by the Master of Ceremonies, Snoop Dogg himself, the rivalry between these four Divas exploded in the stunning BunnyMania Lumberjack Match.

The Glamazon has been virtually unstoppable since capturing the Women’s Championship at last year’s No Mercy. Both she and Melina harbored a great deal of resentment over the recent attention Maria has been receiving as the newest Playboy cover girl. Then, when another former Women's Champion and fellow Playboy cover girl, Candice Michelle, was forced to withdraw from the match due to injury, Ashley stepped in to fill her BunnyMania shoes.

Even though on paper the odds were seemingly stacked against the Playboy-duo, Ashley and Maria were not about to lie down, not on The Grandest Stage of Them All. Trading blows with The Glamazon, and using acrobatic maneuvers to stifle Melina, were enough to keep the beautiful tag team in the match — with a little help and distraction from Jerry “The King” Lawler who punched Santino Marella at ringside.

If the action inside the ring wasn’t enough, the battle only intensified outside of it, where the rest of the Divas stood ready. In the midst of it all, it was hard for the combatants, let alone the capacity crowd of the Citrus Bowl, to maintain focus as the dazzling collaboration of Raw, SmackDown and ECW Divas worked their way into the Lumberjack Match.

In the end, Maria and Ashley looked as if they would be able to beat the odds. While Ashley propelled herself into Melina outside the ring, Maria had the champion pinned. However, it was not to be. Thanks to Santino’s interference and a fisherman’s suplex, The Glamazon was able to sneak out the win.

But the real show came after the bell. After Snoop Dogg delivered a much-deserved shot to Santino, Maria returned the favor by giving him a passionate, much-deserved kiss. Will the WWE Diva ever be the same again?

stonecold316
04-01-2008, 03:58 AM
ORLANDO, Fla. – The Citrus Bowl crowd of more than 70,000 fans buzzed with electricity and excitement as the Granddaddy of Them All kicked off – and pummeled, and hammered away at – with a Belfast Brawl, a match where anything and everything goes. And although Sunday’s worldwide audience seemed firmly behind Finlay and his returning son, Hornswoggle, it wasn’t enough to withstand a kendo stick Clothesline from Hell from JBL.

The physical action began before the bell could even sound, with the two ring warriors quickly bringing out a small arsenal of weapons including trash cans, tables and, of course, a shillelagh. JBL jumped out to an early advantage, pummeling the Irishman who loves to fight. He even found moments in between to abuse Hornswoggle, as JBL tossed a trash can with a Finlay-shaped dent in it directly at the loveable leprechaun, knocking him to the ground.

Finlay risked life and limb as he dove to the outside between the ring ropes towards a prone JBL, but the Wall Street warrior was quick on his feet and countered with a baseball-like swing to Finlay’s face with a trash can lid, eliciting gasps from the capacity crowd. Finlay would briefly regain the advantage after Hornswoggle interfered with a kendo stick shot to JBL’s back, but it would not be enough as JBL set Finlay up with a shot to the knee with the very same kendo stick, then finished it up with the Clothesline from Hell for the victory.

For Finlay, it was a chance at revenge against JBL, who exposed that Hornswoggle was in fact Finlay’s son, not Mr. McMahon’s, and proceeded to beat Hornswoggle within an inch of his life on Raw more than two months ago, leaving him hospitalized and in critical condition. For JBL, it was a chance to show the entire world that despite his two-year retirement, the former WWE champion is back in a big way and will show no mercy, regardless of size, color or creed.

At the biggest spectacle in sports-entertainment, JBL did precisely that. As Layfield basked in his WrestleMania victory, one could only wonder whether this was the last chapter in this ultra-personal rivalry between two of WWE’s toughest competitors. Has JBL settled the issue once and for all, or will Finlay and Hornswoggle continue to defend their family-forged honor against the wrestling god?

stonecold316
04-01-2008, 04:01 AM
Night of Legends
By: Craig Tello
Written: March 30, 2008

ORLANDO, Fla. – Since its inception, WrestleMania has hosted countless music icons to offer their rendition of the quintessential patriotic anthem, “America the Beautiful,” from Ray Charles to Willie Nelson to Aretha Franklin. At the 24th inaugural event, five-time Grammy Award winner and multi-platinum artist John Legend made history with his performance in the middle of the open-air Citrus Bowl in Orlando.

In his lavish, coolly lit coach bus, Legend described his participation in a history-making event at WrestleMania XXIV.

“I didn’t know it was going to be this big,” a candid Legend told WWE.com. “This is one of the biggest extravaganzas that I’ve been a part of.”

And, the talented musician has certainly seen his share of extravaganzas. In 2006, Legend performed alongside another legend of a different kind, Stevie Wonder, at Super Bowl XL. Continuing his participation in big-time events, Legend – a WWE loyalist himself – joined more than 70,000 overwhelmingly excited fans in attendance in Orlando for the performance of a lifetime.

“I grew up a wrestling fan and watched WWE all the time,” he explained with a beaming grin. “My nephews are huge WWE fans. I know how much they love it and how much I used to love it, and I figured we’d all come down here and have a good time.”

Aside from reigniting a long-time love for sports-entertainment, Legend’s WrestleMania appearance also earned his name passage onto an elite list of music marvels that have kicked off The Granddaddy of Them All.

“I figured I was in good company,” the highly celebrated recording artist added. “I knew it was going to be a night to remember … a big spectacle with a lot of screaming fans and a fun night.”
Pay-Per-View Schedules

CM_Punk
04-01-2008, 09:37 AM
There will be a Ric Flair "retirement" ceremony tonight on RAW. All 3 brands are present on the show, along with former Horsemen.

Also, there are rumours of another WWE draft lottery later this month, maybe on the special 3-hour RAW show middle of April, I think. I just hope that Punk doesn't get moved to RAW, because then he'll be overshadowed by the big names of HBK, HHH, Orton, Cena, etc. Better that Mr. Money in the Bank 2008 goes to Smackdown instead, IMO.