PDA

View Full Version : Media Coverage on Last Minute Timeout Set-Up Plays

mighty_lion
05-11-2007, 10:07 AM
Guys, hindi nyo ba napapansin na only in the Philippines na pinapakita sa TV ang kung ano ang play ng team na nagtimeout especially on closing minutes. Mapa-PBA, PBL, UAAP, NCAA & etc pinapakita sa TV yong minicourt (tama ba term ko) and how the players should play. I never see this type of coverage in any game in NBA, Euroleague, US NCAA, FIBA and other international basketball games.

My take is this should not be aired in TV. Post your thoughts.

Kid Cubao
05-11-2007, 10:11 AM
sa akin, it's ok lang because hardly any of those plays are fully carried out according to plan ;D

kasi kung nakapaghanda talaga ang isang team, alam na dapat nila ang gagawin sa ganung sitwasyon.

razor
05-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Ok lang yan. At least, we also get to see how the great and not so great coaches perform and deliver during pressure filled situations* ;)

AnthonyServinio
05-12-2007, 02:47 AM
* * *IN THE early days of the old Metroball, a lot of coaches would complain that the opposing team got to see their plays after the television crew failed to switch off the video wall inside the coliseum!

* * *I believe it is better that the huddles not be shown in order to heighten the suspense of the viewers.

* * *Also, it will be good for the team as their plays will be kept under wraps and not seen by opposing coaches who may be scouting.* It is a big no-no for a coach to sit very near an opposing team's bench while doing so.* If one will observe, coaches usually scout from the upper levels of the venue.

Jaco D
05-12-2007, 02:51 AM
Saan ka pa hahanap ng walang katapusang "(add player's name - often times import), Dis is you!* Dis is you!"

But seriously, I concur with Cubao. *More often than not, di nasusunod ang play.

Then again, you get those rare gems which musicians call "plakado" like that last second play meticulously drawn out by Coach Black during game one of last year's UAAP finals.

bchoter
05-12-2007, 05:18 PM
sa akin, it's ok lang because hardly any of those plays are fully carried out according to plan ;D

kasi kung nakapaghanda talaga ang isang team, alam na dapat nila ang gagawin sa ganung sitwasyon.
Kya bilib na bilib ako dati kay Baby D. Di na niya kailangan ng board para mag instruct ng play. Ang katuwiran niya eh na-diagram na daw yon sa practice. Execution nalang daw.