PDA

View Full Version : Fact or Fiction Gameface version

bigfreeze_bibby
05-09-2007, 03:07 PM
This game is currently played in Archerpride. The rules are as follows:

I'll start with a statement starting with "Fact or Fiction".

The next poster will quote my statement and say either fact or fiction and state his opinion/s why that poster chose fact or fiction.

After which the poster will make his own "Fact or Fiction" statement.

In the event of two (or more) posters responding to the same statement, the first poster's entry should prevail and the other (or others) should delete/edit their post/s.

Please refrain from making any "comment" posts.

I'll start with:
Fact or Fiction: Rico Maierhofer will be an MVP candidate for season 70.

GHRanger
05-09-2007, 05:30 PM
Fact: Rico's maturity and performance in the off season will make him stand out this coming season. Along with Brian Ilad, they will be the go to guys inside. The team also has a good cast that will complement each other in the season, thus increasing his stats.

Fact or Fiction : This coming season's rookie of the year will come from UP.

bigfreeze_bibby
05-10-2007, 07:21 AM
Fact or Fiction : This coming season's rookie of the year will come from UP.

Fact. With the recruitment class UP had for this season, this has a high probability to happen. Most notables from the high school ranks are now playing for Joe Lipa. Although we cannot rule out Kirk Long as one of the contenders for ROY plum.

Fact or Fiction: Japs Cuan will have a better free throw shooting percentage this season.

Kid Cubao
05-10-2007, 07:36 AM
hahaha, natawa ako dito! definitely fiction ;D

ok tong naisip nyo. here's mine: brian ilad will play under control long enough to become a major contributor this coming season.

oca
05-10-2007, 08:26 AM
hahaha, natawa ako dito! definitely fiction ;D

ok tong naisip nyo. here's mine: brian ilad will play under control long enough to become a major contributor this coming season.

Fact yan para sa akin.

For all his volatility oncourt, Ilad has enough sense to realize this is his only chance to make a name for himself as a player. He won't waste that chance by getting ejected and be meted with suspensions. It is also safe to assume members of the DLSU community has talked to him and made him realize the opportunity that awaits him if he just focus on playing.

Pero aabangan ko pa rin ang muli nilang pagtatapo ni Jervy. ;D ;D

With one more look at you.....

Fact or fiction.

Coming from a 1 year sabbatical ,whoever DLSU meets on it's first game this season70 ay tatalunin by 20-plus points.

LION
05-10-2007, 08:44 AM
May shedule na ba ng UAAP games?* Sino ba ang kalaban ng DLSU sa first game?* I hope it's not San Beda. Ayaw namin matambakan ng 20 pts. +.* * *;D

Fact or fiction.

Coming from a 1 year sabbatical ,whoever DLSU meets on it's first game this season70 ay tatalunin by 20-plus points.

Fiction. DLSU will win but not by more than 20 pts. We have to factor in the first game jitters plus who will be the opponent.

Fact or Fiction: There will be a Jervy Cruz vs. Brian Ilad part 2 (not that I am wishing it would happen).

oca
05-10-2007, 09:01 AM
May shedule na ba ng UAAP games?* Sino ba ang kalaban ng DLSU sa first game?* I hope it's not San Beda. Ayaw namin matambakan ng 20 pts. +.* * *;D

Fact or fiction.

Fiction.* DLSU will win but not by more than 20 pts.* We have to factor in the first game jitters plus who will be the opponent.

Fact or Fiction:* There will be a Jervy Cruz vs. Brian Ilad part 2 (not that I am wishing it would happen).

Fact yan. But I doubt kung si Brian ang magiging pasimuno.

Btw, jitters has no bearing on defense. Sa offense lang yan nagma-manifest.

Fact or Fiction: UE, UST and DLSU are sure to make it to the F4, leaving just one spot for the rest.

shyboy
05-10-2007, 09:48 AM
Fact or Fiction: UE, UST and DLSU are sure to make it to the F4, leaving just one spot for the rest.

Fact. UST is the defending champion and with an almost intact lineup, I don't see them joining FEU as one of the defending champions to fail to make it to the F4 the following year. UE is still a force to reckon with. DLSU, we're hungry so a final four appearance is a must as in the previous years.

Fact or fiction: At least two La Salle players will make it to the Mythical Five.

oca
05-10-2007, 10:07 AM

Fact.* UST is the defending champion and with an almost intact lineup, I don't see them joining FEU as one of the defending champions to fail to make it to the F4 the following year.* UE is still a force to reckon with.* DLSU, we're hungry so a final four appearance is a must as in the previous years.

Fact or fiction:* At least two La Salle players will make it to the Mythical Five.

Fiction.

Among the Archers, it is only Casio whom I see as walang katapat sa pwesto niya at dos. Possible votes for TY at PG will be contested by the likes of Japs and even rookie Gamboa/UP.

Fact or Fiction: UP will make a late charge and gate crash the F4.

JonarSabilano
05-10-2007, 01:29 PM

Fact.* UST is the defending champion and with an almost intact lineup, I don't see them joining FEU as one of the defending champions to fail to make it to the F4 the following year.* UE is still a force to reckon with.* DLSU, we're hungry so a final four appearance is a must as in the previous years.

Fact or fiction:* At least two La Salle players will make it to the Mythical Five.

Fiction.

Among the Archers, it is only Casio whom I see as walang katapat sa pwesto niya at dos. Possible votes for TY at PG will be contested by the likes of Japs and even rookie Gamboa/UP.

Fact or Fiction: UP will make a late charge and gate crash the F4.

Fiction.

They might make a late charge, but it will not be enough to make the F4. They will most likely finish with a 6-8 record. But most of the losses will be by ten points or less.

Fact or fiction: UE will make the F4, but will still not be able to go to the Finals.

nel
05-10-2007, 02:18 PM
Fact. UE always starts hot, but at the end when it counts the most, they will find a way to lose.

Fact or fiction: NU is currently under the radar, but will spring a few big surprises and sneak into the F4

bigfreeze_bibby
05-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Fact or fiction: NU is currently under the radar, but will spring a few big surprises and sneak into the F4

Fact: Based from what I've seen on NU in the pre-season leagues and the exposure of Jonathan Fernandez and Edwin Asoro in Harbour Center in the PBL plus a good coach in Manny Dandan can make a very, very competitive team that others should be wary of come UAAP time. As a matter of fact, the Green Archers share some of the misery when they face the Bulldogs as the Bulldogs are one of the teams who are capable of breaking down La Salle's pressure defense efficiently (meaning, breaking the defense plus scoring at the other end).

Fact or Fiction: Kirk Long will get a starting position at any point this season for the Blue Eagles.

mighty_lion
05-10-2007, 03:19 PM
this is fun. sali ako.

Fact or Fiction: Kirk Long will get a starting position at any point this season for the Blue Eagles.

Fact. Kirk Long is the do it all guard/forward that the blue eagle die-hards are waiting for.

Fact or Fiction: James Martinez will create a record for most 3s made in a game this Season 70.

oca
05-10-2007, 05:09 PM
this is fun. sali ako.

Fact. Kirk Long is the do it all guard/forward that the blue eagle die-hards are waiting for.

Fact or Fiction: James Martinez will create a record for most 3s made in a game this Season 70.

Fiction. It was never the habit of Martinez to take that many 3-point shots in a game. We just remember most of them because he takes and makes these 3s when the game is on the line. In non-end game situations, he is forced to take it when the shot clock it running out. His attempts are more of.... Pag naninigas na ang lahat ng kamay ng kasama niya dala ng nerbiyos, he has the heart and courage to take THAT shot. Pang end-game ang tres ng bata.

Fact or Fiction: Gamboa of UP will log the most number of double-double ( points/assist ) than any rookie PG in UAAPs recent history.

shyboy
05-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Fact or Fiction: Gamboa of UP will log the most number of double-double ( points/assist ) than any rookie PG in UAAPs recent history.

Fiction: I don't see Gamboa being an LA Tenorio or a Mike Cortez. I don't recall these two guys, though excellent point guards, having double digit assists. Kung meron man, they are few and far between. Let's face it, a nice pass doesn't necessarily equate to a sure basket in the collegiate level.

Fact or Fiction: Badeer Malabes and JV Casio will be the top combo 3-point shooters in the UAAP this season.

Kid Cubao
05-10-2007, 07:51 PM
^^ i hate to say this, but, yes, FACT.

fact or fiction: ferdinand will dunk at least once in his UAAP rookie year.

pio_valenz
05-10-2007, 08:31 PM
^Fact. With most teams not having a dominant big man, he can easily do this in at least one game.

Fact or fiction: Patrick Cabahug has a good chance to be the league's leading scorer this season.

bigfreeze_bibby
05-10-2007, 08:43 PM
Fact or fiction: Patrick Cabahug has a good chance to be the league's leading scorer this season.

Fact. With Patrick Cabahug becoming the Falcons' main offensive weapon (and a good and talented offensive player at that), we might just see him take the season scoring title. Maybe Asoro can come in close at 2nd. Other teams rely much on team play so I don't see anyone right now who can do scoring in bunches with the coaches' permission of course.

Fact or Fiction: The top team after the eliminations will finish with a 12-2 win-loss card.

oca
05-11-2007, 08:52 AM

Fact. With Patrick Cabahug becoming the Falcons' main offensive weapon (and a good and talented offensive player at that), we might just see him take the season scoring title. Maybe Asoro can come in close at 2nd. Other teams rely much on team play so I don't see anyone right now who can do scoring in bunches with the coaches' permission of course.

Fact or Fiction: The top team after the eliminations will finish with a 12-2 win-loss card.

Fiction. I don't think there is a team this season70 dominant enough to accomplish that. Evident ang weaknesses ng lahat ng teams, which any smart coach with players having a good day can exploit.

Fact or Fiction: Bandaying of UE will set a record for most number of 3-pt shots made in a game. ( Kahapon ko pa iniisip yung pangalan niya....)

mighty_lion
05-11-2007, 09:43 AM
Fact or Fiction: Bandaying of UE will set a record for most number of 3-pt shots made in a game. ( Kahapon ko pa iniisip yung pangalan niya....)

Fiction. I dont think Pumaren will allow him to do so. Plus there are other better 3pt markers in UE and other teams.

Fact or Fiction: Japs Cuan will make at least one 3pt shot this season. ;D

Kid Cubao
05-11-2007, 10:00 AM
^^ fact. and it'll be courtesy of a desperation heave to end a quarter.

fact or fiction: the highest scoring match to end in regulation in season 70 will take place in a game involving the NU bulldogs.

bigfreeze_bibby
05-11-2007, 10:27 AM
fact or fiction: the highest scoring match to end in regulation in season 70 will take place in a game involving the NU bulldogs.

Fact. I see the Bulldogs play like the Golden State Warriors wherein they'll bring their streetball type of game, resulting to many points scored. I am not sure though whether they can limit the scoring of the other teams as well.

Fact or Fiction: Coach Joe Lipa will have a starting lineup this season with majority of it coming from his blue chip rookies.

Mateen Cleaves
05-11-2007, 10:47 AM
Fact or Fiction: Coach Joe Lipa will have a starting lineup this season with majority of it coming from his blue chip rookies.

Fiction. De Asis, Serios, Epres, and most likely, Sison, will start. Mike Gamboa is the most likely rookie to start. Lopez might earn a starting slot at some point. But, you won't see more than 2 rookies to start a game.

Fact or Fiction. Japs Cuan will shoot a higher percentage from the 3-point line, than from the free throw line.

nel
05-11-2007, 11:31 AM
Fact or Fiction. Japs Cuan will shoot a higher percentage from the 3-point line, than from the free throw line.

Fiction: Japs free throw woes will prompt some coaches to employ a hack-a-Japs tactic at the end game with the game on the line. For all his problems, expect Japs to make around 30-40% of his fts, whereas his 3point shot is more of a prayer. As kid cubao said, about the only time Japs will even consider a trey is a desperation shot to beat the clock. Japs' fg percentage should be fairly high, since the only shots he will willingly take are uncontested fast breaks.

Fact or fiction: Adamson will upset one of the fancied teams in the first round.

mighty_lion
05-11-2007, 11:40 AM
OT - Sorry Mods. Just want to share this regarding Japs -

Its interesting to know that Japs never made a 3pt shoot last season. Did a search in ubelt and he was 0/10 last year. On FT shooting he made 16/51 or 31%.

Back to the last post of nel.

oca
05-11-2007, 12:07 PM

Fiction: Japs free throw woes will prompt some coaches to employ a hack-a-Japs tactic at the end game with the game on the line. For all his problems, expect Japs to make around 30-40% of his fts, whereas his 3point shot is more of a prayer. As kid cubao said, about the only time Japs will even consider a trey is a desperation shot to beat the clock. Japs' fg percentage should be fairly high, since the only shots he will willingly take are uncontested fast breaks.

Fact or fiction: Adamson will upset one of the fancied teams in the first round.

Fiction. With all the not so goods news emanating from San Marcelino, I just don't think the Falcons have the morale to score one. Upsets are more of results from stronger morale and we still have to hear any significant uplifting development from them.

Fact or Fiction: Joe Lipa will assessed at least 4 technical fouls during the season and 1 ejection. ( I am assuming NABRO pa rin ang may hawak ng pito.)

GHRanger
05-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Fact: Medyo notorious na si Coach Joe sa ganyan, di pa UAAP season na eject na siya. May possibility din a mag walk out siya. In this case, is that considered a technical and an ejection? eh siya umalis diba :).

Fact or Fiction: This coming year, Guards and Wingmen will dominate the UAAP in terms of statistical points and pogi points.

pio_valenz
05-12-2007, 11:26 AM
Fiction. Even though Bono, Intal, and David are gone, I expect Jervy Cruz, Edwin Asoro and possibly Rico Maierhofer to put up big statistical numbers this season.

Fact or fiction: this thread might be better off in the UAAP forum. What say you, mod bibby?

bchoter
05-12-2007, 05:53 PM
^ Fact: Ilan na bang hindi lasalista ang naisama sa usapan?

Fact or fiction? mod bibby will allow this thread to be moved to the UAAP forum

lekiboy
05-12-2007, 06:13 PM
^ Fact: Ilan na bang hindi lasalista ang naisama sa usapan?

Fact or fiction? mod bibby will allow this thread to be moved to the UAAP forum

bchoter, eto pusta ko bago malipat sa UAAP

fact - UST will regain the crown this season against NU - the latter defeating DLSU in the final 4....

fact or fiction- UE will almost make it this season in the finals.....almost... :)

bchoter
05-12-2007, 06:17 PM
* smiles sheepishly and pulls out the rosary

Sana mag dila ka pare... angel ka na eh :D

bigfreeze_bibby
05-12-2007, 08:07 PM
To bchoter and pio_valenz: Fact. This thread can now be seen in the UAAP forums. Request granted.

fact or fiction- UE will almost make it this season in the finals.....almost... :)

Fiction. I think UE will still choke at some point in the upcoming season (I just have this gutfeel that Dindo's wards will wane off maybe in the final four again).

Fact or Fiction: Coach Dindo Pumaren will step down as UE's head coach if UE doesn't get a finals stint this season.

Wingman
05-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Fiction. I think UE will still choke at some point in the upcoming season (I just have this gutfeel that Dindo's wards will wane off maybe in the final four again).

Fact or Fiction: Coach Dindo Pumaren will step down as UE's head coach if UE doesn't get a finals stint this season.

Fact. I think UE needs another coach, probably someone who played in their seniors team.

Fact or fiction: Coach Franz Pumaren will step down as DLSU's head coach after winning his 6th championship in 9 years of coaching. Dindo Pumaren will replace him.

nel
05-13-2007, 12:06 AM
Fact or fiction: Coach Franz Pumaren will step down as DLSU's head coach after winning his 6th championship in 9 years of coaching. Dindo Pumaren will replace him.

Fiction: Franz will probably stay on for at least 2 seasons more. His replacement will be another La Sallian (Perry Ronquillo?), but not Dindo. After 3 years as UE coach, Dindo unfortunately hasn't shown that he can steer his team to a championship despite having a strong lineup. Franz has shown he can take a relatively weak team to the F4, while Dindo's teams have regularly underperformed in the semi-finals despite running strongly during the elimination rounds.

Fact or fiction: the UAAP board will consider handing over operations to a professional sports management outfit within a few years.

animoateneo
05-13-2007, 01:33 AM
pwedeng makisali? hehehe...

fiction: the UAAP is an amateur league and i'm sure all the heads of the schools participating in it and those incidentally who make up the UAAP board would rather have the UAAP remain that way under the collective control of all the schools who compose the UAAP.

Fact or fiction: Ateneo - La Salle games will be less contested this year with one squad decisively blowing out the other.

shyboy
05-13-2007, 08:33 AM
Fact or fiction: Ateneo - La Salle games will be less contested this year with one squad decisively blowing out the other.

Fact:* It'll be the green team again (i hope :) ) who'll give the blues again over the rebuilding Ateneo.* But i don't discount the possiblity of a major upset given that the Blue Eagles have a huge number of quick guards capable of breaking the press.* It's just a matter of time before they get this monkey off their backs. It could come as early as the first round of Season 70.

bigfreeze_bibby
05-13-2007, 08:17 PM
shyboy, as per rules, you should put your corresponding Fact or Fiction statement once you answer the previous poster's statement.

bigfreeze_bibby
05-13-2007, 08:28 PM
To answer animoateneo's Fact or Fiction statement:

Fiction. I still remember the game wherein Ateneo blew out La Salle due to the Blue Eagles' impeccable three point shooting. Time pa ata ito nila John Verayo and Mon Tioseco and Jason Webb was already the main man for the Archers (I am not sure if this was already mid 90's). I decided not to watch the game anymore kasi tingin ko kayang-kaya na ng La Salle ang Ateneo and to my surprise pag uwi ko ng house, my dad told me that Ateneo beat La Salle badly from the outside, tambak pa daw and that time La Salle has the dominant lineup compared to Ateneo.

So even though some would say that La Salle has an advantage man for man in the rosters compared to Ateneo this season 70 iba pa rin ang laban pag La Salle-Ateneo, throw out all the stats because everything can happen.

Fact or Fiction: Chris Tiu will be Ateneo's leading scorer this season (as far as PPG is concerned).

animoateneo
05-14-2007, 12:15 AM
Fact or Fiction: Chris Tiu will be Ateneo's leading scorer this season (as far as PPG is concerned).

I'm a big fan of this guy though biased my answer still has its own merit. ;D
Fact: Chris will have the green light from Norman Black to shoot every time he's open. If Ateneo can spread the floor with their many shooters (Reyes, Monfort, Barracoso to name a few) coupled with Salamat's dribble penetration, Tiu can/will get a lot of open looks this season.

Fact or fiction: Marcy Arellano will finally have a breakout season emerging as the Warriors' leading scorer as well as one of the leaders in 3pt fgs.

shyboy
05-14-2007, 07:17 AM
shyboy, as per rules, you should put your corresponding Fact or Fiction statement once you answer the previous poster's statement.

My bad, nakalimutan ko.* Sensya po, bfb. :)

Fact or fiction: Marcy Arellano will finally have a breakout season emerging as the Warriors' leading scorer as well as one of the leaders in 3pt fgs.

Fact:* Marcy Arellano has shown leadership qualities since his rookie season.* It's about time he takes up the cudgels in scoring for the Warriors and claim the leadership the team needs to get over that hump called the Final Four.

Fact or Fiction:* There will be a tie for the 4th Final Four slot at the end of the eliminations.

jembengzon
05-14-2007, 09:20 AM
Fact or Fiction:* There will be a tie for the 4th Final Four slot at the end of the eliminations.

fact:* with dlsu, ust and ue strong and seeded for a final four berth, the rest of the field - admu, feu, up, nu, adamson - will be scrambling for wins and should be interesting up to the last playing day.* maybe even a triple tie.

fact or fiction:* there will be at least 2 altercations during the season resulting in key suspensions while teams are jockeying for a finals four berth.

Sam Miguel
05-14-2007, 03:29 PM
^^^ Fiction, Jem.

There hasn't been a major fracas in the UAAP in a long while and I think we can thank the TV Coverage as well as the intolerance of the management committee towards such actions for that. Also, getting in a fracas while in college does not exactly endear a player to the powers-that-be (read the PBA, ask Joseph Yeo and Enrico Villanueva).

Fact or Fiction: JRU will be the surprise team of the NCAA in Season 83 and make a gallant Final 4 stand against either Letran or San Beda, but the Heavy Bombers will fall just short yet still earn major props.

glock23
05-14-2007, 06:19 PM
^^^ Fiction, Jem.

There hasn't been a major fracas in the UAAP in a long while and I think we can thank the TV Coverage as well as the intolerance of the management committee towards such actions for that. Also, getting in a fracas while in college does not exactly endear a player to the powers-that-be (read the PBA, ask Joseph Yeo and Enrico Villanueva).

Fact or Fiction: JRU will be the surprise team of the NCAA in Season 83 and make a gallant Final 4 stand against either Letran or San Beda, but the Heavy Bombers will fall just short yet still earn major props.

FACT! The heave bombers will be my dark horse to make it to the finals of the NCAA

Fact or Fiction? Ateneo and Feu will be part of the Final four together with UST and DLSU or UE

bchoter
05-15-2007, 06:01 PM
^ Fiction. I will place my bet on the Bulldogs

Fact or Fiction: Fampulme will have at least 2 staredowns in the first round

Wang-Bu
05-16-2007, 11:01 AM
Agree ako sa assessment ni Sir Bchoter ukol sa NU ni Ny-manns Dandan, mukhang maraming mabibigla sa kanila sa Season 70.

Fact po ang tingin ko naman sa tanong ni Sir Bchoter. Mahilig talagang makipag-sigaan si Mark Fampulme, mula pa nung Lyceum pa siya, walang inuurungan.

Fact or Fiction: Ang tatanghaling ROY ng UAAP sa Season 70 si Mark Lopez ng UP.

bigfreeze_bibby
05-16-2007, 11:20 AM
Fact or Fiction: Ang tatanghaling ROY ng UAAP sa Season 70 si Mark Lopez ng UP.

Fiction ako dito. Malamang papalag pa dyan si Kirk Long or maybe si Mike Gamboa. Sila ang mga baguhang papalag kaagad sa senior's division. Tingin ko mas malaki magiging papel ni Gamboa in orchestrating UP's offense lalo na't wala na si Marvin Cruz.

Fact or Fiction: Jervy Cruz will still dominate as main big man sa UAAP season 70.

BigBlue
05-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Fact. Last season, Jervy was a late runner for the MVP award. There are a few other notable big men out there (Lingaolingao, al-hussaini, maierhoffer), but Jervy is far ahead of them talent-wise.

Fact or Fiction, Ken Baracoso will finally have a break out year, living up to his stature as a former Jrs MVP.

glock23
05-16-2007, 01:01 PM
Fact. Last season, Jervy was a late runner for the MVP award. There are a few other notable big men out there (Lingaolingao, al-hussaini, maierhoffer), but Jervy is far ahead of them talent-wise.

Fact or Fiction, Ken Baracoso will finally have a break out year, living up to his stature as a former Jrs MVP.

Fiction! There are too many good players in ateneo to make ken stand out. just my take man.

fact or fiction: mike gamboa will make ateneo regret ever letting him go for an "outsider"

5FootCarrot
05-16-2007, 03:36 PM
Fiction, because 1) Ateneo didn't let Mike Gamboa go for anyone, he went elsewhere on his own volition, and 2) whatever he does, it's going to be a credit to the training he received while he wore the blue and white. At least, someone's going to put that kind of spin on it ;D

If, under the incendiary language, you are simply trying to ask whether Mike Gamboa will lead UP to beat Ateneo sometime this coming season, that's also fiction because I think UP's high-impact rookies (and there seem to be many of them!) are going to have to deliver instantly and as a team to beat Ateneo. I'm not saying that's not going to happen, but Mike's not going to be able to do it all himself.

Fact or fiction: An FEU Tamaraw will take over the void in scoring and team leadership left by Jonas Villanueva.

JonarSabilano
05-16-2007, 03:45 PM
Fiction, because 1) Ateneo didn't let Mike Gamboa go for anyone, he went elsewhere on his own volition, and 2) whatever he does, it's going to be a credit to the training he received while he wore the blue and white. At least, someone's going to put that kind of spin on it ;D

If, under the incendiary language, you are simply trying to ask whether Mike Gamboa will lead UP to beat Ateneo sometime this coming season, that's also fiction because I think UP's high-impact rookies (and there seem to be many of them!) are going to have to deliver instantly and as a team to beat Ateneo. I'm not saying that's not going to happen, but Mike's not going to be able to do it all himself.

Fact or fiction: An FEU Tamaraw will take over the void in scoring and team leadership left by Jonas Villanueva.

Fact. It will either be Baracael or Gerilla, who's grown quite a lot, based on what other Gamfacers have been posting here.

Fact or fiction: FEU will be the top rebounding team this year, followed by UST.

mighty_lion
05-16-2007, 04:39 PM
Fact or fiction: FEU will be the top rebounding team this year, followed by UST.

Fiction: I think it will be UST who is the top rebounding team in UAAP because two things (1) they have tall perimeter defenders and good rebounding forward/centers (2) UST can dominate the offensive board if they want the game to be that way.

Fact or Fiction: Jervy Cruz will be the league MVP for season 70.

augustine
05-17-2007, 12:13 AM
Fact: The MVP criteria favors rebounding/scoring big men, and that's Jervy Cruz! Not any big men better than him, coming into the season. (Assuming Bono is out.)

Fact or Fiction: UST will be unable to handle the pressure of being favorites and be the disappointment of the season.

animoateneo
05-17-2007, 06:14 PM
on Ken Barracoso: i believe he will play better this season because he'll have more playing time. However we don't expect him to replicate his junior's performance that gave him MVP, however i think he'll emerge as a solid role-player and greatly aid Ateneo's cause.

Fact or Fiction: UST will be unable to handle the pressure of being favorites and be the disappointment of the season.

I will have to say fact. They may reach the final four at most but I don't see them recapturing the title. They do not have the underdog mentality that gave them the hunger and fire to beat Ateneo last year.

Fact or fiction: In season 70, Ford Arao will finally play the game all ateneans dreamed he potentially had, becoming a defensive post player with a reliable short-medium ranged shot.

mighty_lion
05-17-2007, 06:25 PM
Fact or fiction: In season 70, Ford Arao will finally play the game all ateneans dreamed he potentially had, becoming a defensive post player with a reliable short-medium ranged shot.

Fact: ;D Sabi ng mga Golden States crowd. "WE BELIEVE!!!"

Fact or Fiction: The most physical game during the round robin will be those between DLSU and UE?

yungha
05-17-2007, 06:47 PM
Fact or Fiction: The most physical game during the round robin will be those between DLSU and UE?

fiction. the most physical game will have NU as one of the protagonists.

fact or fiction: Adamson will lose both elimination round games against Ateneo, extending Adamson's losing streak to Ateneo to 21 straight games, dating back to 1998.

bchoter
05-17-2007, 07:00 PM
^ beaten to the punch. NU will again be the bruisers this season. They are rugged fomr the smallest (Jhanke-yard bulldog) to the tallest (Lingaolingao).

"fact or fiction: Adamson will lose both elimination round games against Ateneo, extending Adamson's losing streak to Ateneo to 21 straight games, dating back to 1998"

fact. Minus Bono I don't know how they're going to beat the Ealges.

fact or fiction: there will be at least 4 dunks in the DLSU-UE game.

JonarSabilano
05-18-2007, 02:41 PM
^ beaten to the punch. NU will again be the bruisers this season. They are rugged fomr the smallest (Jhanke-yard bulldog) to the tallest (Lingaolingao).

"fact or fiction: Adamson will lose both elimination round games against Ateneo, extending Adamson's losing streak to Ateneo to 21 straight games, dating back to 1998"

fact. Minus Bono I don't know how they're going to beat the Ealges.

fact or fiction: there will be at least 4 dunks in the DLSU-UE game.

Fact. Rico Maierhoffer will have two of them, one being a two-handed slam on a fastbreak.
Fact or fiction: Soc Rivera will set a record for blocks made by a freshman in one season.

Dark Knight
05-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Fiction: although Soc Rivera is being touted as the next Arwind Santos, he still has a lot to learn. Its easy to block fellow HS players but collegiate veterans? Gugulangan ka pa nyan.

Fact or Fiction: Glen Capacio will fail to bring the Tams to the Final 4 for the second season in a row.

augustine
05-19-2007, 09:52 AM
Fact. There is no room at the top considering UST, UE, La Salle, and ateneo.

Fact or Fiction: Pumaren's continued stay as Coach of La Salle will be a source of controversy this coming Season 70.

Out_Of_The_Blue
05-20-2007, 02:29 AM
OT: can we move this topic to the General Discussions instead so that non-UAAP topics can also be continued to discuss here?

5FootCarrot
05-20-2007, 07:58 AM
OT: can we move this topic to the General Discussions instead so that non-UAAP topics can also be continued to discuss here?
Perhaps a new thread can be started for non-UAAP matters. I think the scope of this thread is broad enough already so there'll always be plenty to talk about :)

Mateen Cleaves
05-20-2007, 08:40 AM
^Agree.

Fact. There is no room at the top considering UST, UE, La Salle, and ateneo.

Fact or Fiction: Pumaren's continued stay as Coach of La Salle will be a source of controversy this coming Season 70.

Fiction. As far as controversy within the La Salle community is concerned. One, La Salle has been waiting one whole year to move on and just get on with the games. Two, winning tends to defuse controversy.

Fact of Fiction: Jahnke of NU will become a legitimate candidate in discussions for Top 2 point guards in the UAAP this season.

JonarSabilano
05-20-2007, 09:59 AM
^Agree.

Fact.* There is no room at the top considering UST, UE, La Salle, and ateneo.

Fiction. As far as controversy within the La Salle community is concerned. One, La Salle has been waiting one whole year to move on and just get on with the games. Two, winning tends to defuse controversy.

Fact of Fiction: Jahnke of NU will become a legitimate candidate in discussions for Top 2 point guards in the UAAP this season.

Fact. His aggressiveness will always be there, as well as his defensive intensity. He needs to develop a more consistent outside shot. I'm looking at him as a Macky Escalona-type player.

Fact or fiction: Rabeh Al-Hussaini will dunk at least twice this season.

brian
05-20-2007, 03:48 PM
^Agree.

Fact.* There is no room at the top considering UST, UE, La Salle, and ateneo.

Fact. His aggressiveness will always be there, as well as his defensive intensity. He needs to develop a more consistent outside shot. I'm looking at him as a Macky Escalona-type player.

Fact or fiction: Rabeh Al-Hussaini will dunk at least twice this season.

fact..but only if ateneo's guards do their jobs well, al husseini would have a couple of looks inside the paint for some slam jams..

fact or fiction..jobe would finally be back on ateneo's team a and would actually fare better than arao

glock23
05-20-2007, 04:05 PM
fact! jobe is waaaay better than ford could ever be!

fact or fiction: arao will be relegated to third option by norman behind rabah and jobe

animoateneo
05-20-2007, 08:55 PM
fact or fiction: arao will be relegated to third option by norman behind rabah and jobe

Fact! Arao still hasn't improved one bit since he recovered from his ACL injury. With Rabeh, Baclao and even Jobe playing great games, Arao may be relegated to 4th... The only thing keeping him in team A is the lack of big men to incorporate into team A with only, Rabeh, Jobe, Quimson Baclao and Arao who can play 4 and 5.

Fact or fiction: Kirk Long will lead the Ateneo in the assists department in season 70.

glock23
05-21-2007, 01:06 PM
fact! kirk long will havethe same impact as tenorio did in his rookie year. But, like tenorio he will come short of bringing ateneo to the promised land and will have to wait another year before doing so.

Fact or Fiction: anton montinola will again ask the uaap board to conduct an investigation of lasalle foreign players

Jump_Shooter
05-21-2007, 02:58 PM
^Fiction. I think Anton is already tired of dealing with these controversies. He just wants his FEU team to be competitive this year.

Fact or fiction: Joseph Lingao-lingao will be among the top two or three centers this season.

joelex
05-21-2007, 05:15 PM
fact. he showed potential before, now it is about time to bring out what he could deliver. and there arent many with his size that has his skills and talent.

fact or fiction: ty tang will emerge as the best if not the the 2nd best PG in the league and will move on to become a PBL stud if not the PBA later on. (in light of his recent impressive performances in the offseason leagues)

RockLobster
05-21-2007, 07:12 PM
Fact.* He's become one of the most, if not the most consistent medium-range jumpshooter in college today.* He's the heart and soul of La Salle's potent offense and daunted pressure defense.* For the few minutes that he played in each of TeleTech's games in the PBL, I would think he made a good account, if not for the team's losing record.

Fact or fiction: Martin Reyes of UP will have a good season and lead the league in three-point percentages and most three-point shots made.

Out_Of_The_Blue
05-22-2007, 12:40 AM
Fiction: Jankhe of NU, Fernandez of FEU, and Tiu of Ateneo will all have higher percentages since they are more seasoned veterans compared to Martin Reyes whose playing time is shared with Migs de Asis by virtue of playing the same position.

Fact or Fiction: Badeer Malabes will be DSLU's surprise break out player for this season.

GreenArrows
05-22-2007, 11:03 AM
Fiction: Jankhe of NU, Fernandez of FEU, and Tiu of Ateneo will all have higher percentages since they are more seasoned veterans compared to Martin Reyes whose playing time is shared with Migs de Asis by virtue of playing the same position.

Fact or Fiction: Badeer Malabes will be DSLU's surprise break out player for this season.

Fiction: One, Malabes is no longer a surprise. Two, as a first time player in the UAAP, I expect him to commit 'rookie' mistakes. So much so, it will affect his ability to be very effective this year. Remember, of all the first time players in the UAAP, Malabes, Marko, Ferdinand and Atkins, have no experience playing in the major collegiate leagues. So, expect them to commit 'rookie' mistakes.

Fact or Fiction: FEU will have the best 'rookie' batch this year. (When I say 'rookie', I mean first time players in the UAAP and not necessarily freshman players.)

blue scorpion
05-22-2007, 12:35 PM
Fiction. I think UP has a better rookie batch.

Fact or Fiction: Mike Gamboa will hear a lot of boos from the Ateneo crowd when UP faces Ateneo.

JonarSabilano
05-22-2007, 12:47 PM
Fiction. I think UP has a better rookie batch.

Fact or Fiction: Mike Gamboa will hear a lot of boos from the Ateneo crowd when UP faces Ateneo.

Fiction. Unlike BJ Manalo's case, Mike G did not exactly go to a rival school. And with the quality of the guards we have in our rosters (Teams A and B) now, he will be missed only a little, if at all. And Mike G's got class -- I'm quite sure he will not do a James Martinez act on our crowd. ;D

Fact or fiction: Jobe Nkemakolam's name will be mangled a lot by broadcasters during the first round. But as his impact on the team increases, the tongue-twisting will gradually decrease.

michaelangelo_kid
05-22-2007, 03:46 PM
Fact or fiction: Jobe Nkemakolam's name will be mangled a lot by broadcasters during the first round. But as his impact on the team increases, the tongue-twisting will gradually decrease.

Fact: This is already a given.

Fact or Fiction: Jervy Cruz will be declared the regular season MVP.

cl.blue.24
05-22-2007, 04:48 PM
Fiction: I think this season's MVP will come from maybe lasal or UE

Fact or Fiction: Ateneo will surprise us all and beat UE to go up against DLSU in the finals, and win the championship.

blue scorpion
05-22-2007, 10:09 PM
Fact I hope. The only explanation for this happening is history repeats itself. Remember 2002 Season.

Fact or Fiction: Jobe will be part of average a double-double in pts and rebs.

animoateneo
05-22-2007, 11:13 PM
I will have to say fiction, though he'll most probably average double digits in rebounds. His scoring will depend on how he can will himself against taller big men in the UAAP. Also he's playing with Rabeh and Baclao who will take up the cudgels in scoring in the post. Though he may pull of a Doug Kramer next season. I'd like to see him prove me wrong.

Fact or Fiction: Rico Maierhoffer will lead the league in blocked shots but will be closely contested by Rabeh, Cruz and Cacha of ADMU, UST and UP respectively.

JonarSabilano
05-23-2007, 07:52 AM
I will have to say fiction, though he'll most probably average double digits in rebounds. His scoring will depend on how he can will himself against taller big men in the UAAP. Also he's playing with Rabeh and Baclao who will take up the cudgels in scoring in the post. Though he may pull of a Doug Kramer next season. I'd like to see him prove me wrong.

Fact or Fiction: Rico Maierhoffer will lead the league in blocked shots but will be closely contested by Rabeh, Cruz and Cacha of ADMU, UST and UP respectively.

Fiction. Cacha has maxed out his eligibility for UP.

Fact or fiction: The UAAP will win the Bantay Bata games this year.

mighty_lion
05-23-2007, 08:47 AM
Fiction. Cacha has maxed out his eligibility for UP.

Fact or fiction: The UAAP will win the Bantay Bata games this year.

Fiction: Last year, NCAA was just one basket away on tying or winning the game. Last possession, antagal bago nakapagdecide si JB Sison on what play to make. Obviously kabado. If Koy Banal was there, it "may" have been another story. Include pro-bound players in Espinas, Bautista & Aban not joining the team. Its hard to pick which is more talented among the two. NCAAs physical game will edge it out. Seniors and Juniors title will be taken home by NCAA.

Fact or Fiction: UST will again struggle in the first round but eventually make good in the second round and win the championship. Jervy will be the season and finals MVP.

augustine
05-23-2007, 08:52 AM
Fact: As I've observed before, the MVP race is stats driven. This favors scorers who can rebound. That is, big men.

augustine
05-23-2007, 08:56 AM
OOPs forgot this:

Fact or Fiction:

The new UAAP rule on high school transferees (to another college) will make the UAAP less competitive in recruiting, compared to the NCAA.

GHRanger
05-23-2007, 09:19 AM
FACT! I was just thinking about this while moving on to this thread.* Students will find it easier to strut their wares in the NCAA because of their rules.* *Thus more students will opt to apply for the NCAA schools -- alam mo naman yung mga bata-- gusto nila laro kaagad.* IMHO, there's just too much politicking in the UAAP.*

FACT or FICTION: The UAAP will lose all sense of respect and will be the butt of all jokes in the Philippine basketball community and this trend (hopefully not) will continue on for the next 3-5 years.

oca
05-23-2007, 11:35 AM
FACT or FICTION: The UAAP will lose all sense of respect and will be the butt of all jokes in the Philippine basketball community and this trend (hopefully not) will continue on for the next 3-5 years.

Teka, matagal nang fact yan, di ba? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Actually, I am referring to the UAAP Board. But I think the league as a whole will remain respectable. The public can still distuinguish between the Board and the League itself.

Fact or Fiction:

With the implications of the new UAAP rule imposing residency on junior players who transfer to another UAAP school upon entry into college, only the juniors squads of Ateneo, DLSZ and maybe UPIS will be able to maintain competitive teams on a yearly basis. (Of course, Ateneo has been at it since their* admission to the UAAP.)

animoateneo
05-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Fact. The only reason players will stay at HS of UAAP schools is if they intend to play for that school's college varsity team.

Fact or Fiction: This new rule will cause a major stir among fans and alumni causing its repeal and a review on how the UAAP board approves its rules and policies.

cl.blue.24
05-23-2007, 01:26 PM
Fact. I don't see why they made this rule anyway. It's a good thing Kirk Long didn't come from a UAAP school* ;)

Fact or Fiction: Despite Yuri Escueta's performance in the Filoil/Flying V Preseason Invitational Cup, he will have a breakout year this Season 70. Along the help of Jobe and Chris, they will lead Ateneo to be in the 1st/2nd position in the standings.

blue scorpion
05-23-2007, 01:37 PM
Fact. I don't see why they made this rule anyway. It's a good thing Kirk Long didn't come from a UAAP school* ;)

Fact or Fiction: Despite Yuri Escueta's performance in the Filoil/Flying V Preseason Invitational Cup, he will have a breakout year this Season 70. Along the help of Jobe and Chris, they will lead Ateneo to be in the 1st/2nd position in the standings.

Fact only if he plays like his cousin Olsen Racela.

Fact or Fiction: Mike Gamboa vs Kirk Long will be one of the most anticipated point guard match-ups this season and the other seasons to come.

cl.blue.24
05-23-2007, 01:42 PM
Fact. Aside from the fact that they are both freshmen, they are the prized top rookies for this season. I'm looking forward to seeing them play against each other :)

Fact or Fiction: It will be Adamson or UST fighting for the 4th position.

Raging Blue
05-23-2007, 02:03 PM
Fiction: UST, with its intact line-up, has been regarded as a serious contender for a back-to-back
UAAP men's basketball championship. With the loss of Ken Bono, Adamson would be
fortunate even just to make it to the Final Four.

Fact or Fiction : The new policy regarding the one-year residency for incoming freshmen from another
UAAP school will further be expanded in UAAP Season 71 to cover ALL incoming freshmen
REGARDLESS of high school of origin.

cl.blue.24
05-23-2007, 02:08 PM
Fiction sana. I find this rule pathetic. I don't see any reason why they had to implement this rule. I mean, so what if they come from another school?

Fact or Fiction: Ford has fully recovered from his injury. We will see him play the way he played when he was still in San Beda. IMO, this will be his breakout year, and it is also his last.

Raging Blue
05-23-2007, 02:16 PM
Fact Definitely: This will be Ford's last playing year in the UAAP.

Fact or Fiction : Ford Arao will add at least one-inch to his vertical jump after the Blue Eagles'
Northern Exposure trip to the US.

cl.blue.24
05-23-2007, 07:20 PM
Fact. Ford is probably working twice as hard since this is his last year to prove himself both to the Ateneo community, and the San Beda community.

Fact or Fiction: For Season 70, Ateneo will be known for having numerous treys because of our guards such as Chris, Jai, Ken, Kirk, Yuri, Oping, and Bacon (?)

animoateneo
05-23-2007, 07:58 PM
Fact. Ateneo has so many shooters that any coach who will consider throwing a zone against them will regret it.

And to honor raging blue's question:
Fact or Fiction : Ford Arao will add at least one-inch to his vertical jump after the Blue Eagles'
Northern Exposure trip to the US.

john_paul_manahan
05-23-2007, 10:28 PM
fact: god i hope so.

my turn: given the definition of ROY in the UAAP which favors college freshmen (of which i find exclusive and restrictive), Noy Baclao will be considered as the "newcomer of the year" in our book.

blue scorpion
05-31-2007, 06:07 PM
Tuloy lang natin ang thread.

Fiction. I have a feeling that FEU will have at least one of its "newcomers" better than Baclao.

Fact or Fiction: UE's Martinez and Ateneo's Tiu will face each other in a shootout when Ateneo faces UE.

john_paul_manahan
05-31-2007, 08:24 PM
Fiction: remains to be seen whether James can pull that off...

how about JV Casio vs. Chris Tiu?

tigerman
06-02-2007, 03:52 PM
JV Casio vs. Chris Tiu? What are you asking here? Care to elaborate further?

USTE LO MEJOR!
VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

GHRanger
06-02-2007, 04:11 PM
^ Guys: This is a Fact or Fiction Thread. Please put in your FACT/FICTION statement after stating your opinion on the previous post. ;D

john_paul_manahan
06-02-2007, 08:14 PM
anyhow...

DLSU's Casio and Ateneo's Tiu will face each other in a shootout when Ateneo faces DLSU...

my bad...

you may proceed.

animoateneo
06-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Fiction. I think it will be Malabes who will duel with Tiu. But hey we can have a 2 v 2 thing with Tiu-Reyes vs Malabes-Casio. ;D

Fact or Fiction:
Soc Rivera will make Anton Montinola sorry for giving him a hard time by posting huge numbers against FEU during the coming seasons.

tigerman
06-03-2007, 12:00 AM
Fact. Soc has an axe to grind against Montinola.

Fact or Fiction:
UST will have different players stepping up in every game just like in season 69.

mighty_lion
06-04-2007, 06:24 PM
Fact or Fiction:
UST will have different players stepping up in every game just like in season 69.

Fact. Thier bench is one of the deepest if not the deepest in UAAP.

Fact or Fiction:
Sam Ekwe will surprise everyone by marking the highest FT shooting % among all the centers in UAAP and NCAA. ;D

john_paul_manahan
06-04-2007, 06:39 PM
fiction.... i dunno about that...

someone will average over 88% from the FT this season (care to put out any names who can do that?)

Wingman
06-04-2007, 10:40 PM
Fact. Chris Tiu is a candidate.

Fact or fiction: Ford Arao will surprise everyone by playing the game of his life against La Salle on their very first meeting in the elimination round.

blue scorpion
06-05-2007, 12:18 AM
Fact. All he has to do is not be clumsy with the ball and he will surprise everyone.

Fact or Fiction: Cassy Tioseco will once again be the MVP of the women's division.

yungha
06-05-2007, 09:51 AM
fact. but i bet she'd rather go out with another championship than another individual accolade.

fact or fiction: in UP's televised games this season, viewers will grow tired and weary of hearing UP's team referred to as the Maroon 5. studio 23 commentators, meanwhile, will regard themselves as geniuses for coming up with the reference.

Dark Knight
06-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Fact. Maroon 5 is lame. (hate the band). There is actually Maroon 3 IMO. Martin Reyes, Woody Co, and Migs De Asis. The rookies are still....well...rookies. Boom "and the bank is open on saturday" Gonzales should come up with a more catchy monickers. Sev Sarmenta is better and funnier.

Fact or Fiction: There wiill be at least 5 fighting, untoward and bench clearing incidents with suspensions and ejections in the coming UAAP 70.

Howard the Duck
06-05-2007, 07:19 PM
Fact. Excited na kasi ang mga lasalista

Fact of fiction: The UAAP Board will transfer for another venue after the 1st round is over.

john_paul_manahan
06-05-2007, 08:26 PM
fact: but i do recall the "bonbon chants" last year.

will a UAAP or NCAA team will score at least 100 pts in a game this season?

casual_observer
06-05-2007, 11:50 PM
Fact: the Araneta Coliseum is this season's alternate venue, as the Ninoy Aquino Stadium has been chosen to host all games except for the opening and the ADMU vs DLSU game.

Fact or Fiction: the UAAP Board is eyeing the Blue Eagle Gym as a replacement to the Ninoy Aquino Stadium. :o

Fact or Fiction: some DLSU and ADMU players will get suspended by the UAAP for actions taken during their game. ;D

true.blue
06-06-2007, 07:18 AM
Fiction: there will be too many oppositors to the BEG.

Fiction: I don't see any controversial characters left in both the DLSU and ADMU teams.

Fact or Fiction: Joe Lipa will be thrown out again this season or at least be the coach to get the most technicals.

john_paul_manahan
06-06-2007, 11:59 AM
hands down.... fact...

UST will not change their minds in having the venue remain at the NAS.

Raging Blue
06-28-2007, 12:58 AM
I am bumping up this thread considering that the opening of UAAP Season 70 is a little over a week away. I will be responding to the last post made by john_paul_manahan.

Fiction: Mukhang bumubigay na ang host school.

Per jancarlo's post in the UAAP Season 70 schedule for Men's Basketball thread,
three of the last four games in the first round has been moved from NAS to Araneta.

Fact or Fiction (specifically addressed to the gameface mods):

The "Face" in the gameface.ph logo belongs to that of Ford Arao
(nakanganga at may scar sa cheeks).

Off-topic:

My sincerest apologies to Ford for my sometimes unflattering references in the posts I made in this thread. I am glad, though, to read that your game has improved tremendously. I hope you will make your last UAAP season a memorable one!

Apocrypha
06-29-2007, 12:14 PM
Fact or Fiction (specifically addressed to the gameface mods):

The "Face" in the gameface.ph logo belongs to that of Ford Arao
(nakanganga at may scar sa cheeks).

Fiction. I am not a mod, but I believe that the model for the gameface logo is one of the mods and his/her identity will remain a closely guarded secret for as long as gameface exists.

Fact or fiction: UAAP TV viewers will be sad to learn that Gretchen Fullido will no longer be the UP courtside reporter, and will settle for catching her ANC/CH.23 news programs instead.

Dark Knight
06-29-2007, 12:59 PM
Fact...now i have absolutely no reason to watch a UP game. Joke!

Fact or Fiction : Some games will be cancelled due to typhoons and power interrupions. ;D

shyboy
06-29-2007, 07:20 PM
Fact or Fiction : Some games will be cancelled due to typhoons and power interrupions.* ;D

Fact:* Kahit ambon lang, baka may tulo na agad sa NAS.

Fact or Fiction:* After resurrecting this thread for two days, this is going to be the last post in this thread.* *;D

blue scorpion
07-02-2007, 03:56 PM
Fiction, this post proves that this is not the last post in this thread.

Fact or Fiction: The Ateneo Blue Eaglets will have a difficult time defending its 2006 title.

dickismael69
07-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Fiction, this post proves that this is not the last post in this thread.

Fact or Fiction: The Ateneo Blue Eaglets will have a difficult time defending its 2006 title.

fact. feeling ko mahihirapan sila mag defend. ngayong wala na si austria and gamboa. pero we will see this coming season!! hahaha :p

Fact or Fiction: NU might get a final four spot this season. haha

cl.blue.24
07-02-2007, 06:23 PM
fiction. NU is a strong team, I can see Ateneo struggling whenever we're against them. But they just always fall short.

fact or fiction : the final four will be (in exact order) - lasal, ust, ue, ateneo. FEU will be in 5th.

Dark Knight
07-02-2007, 06:28 PM
Fiction. The shoo-ins would be DLSU, UST and UE. The fourth and final slot is up for grabs between FEU, ADMU, and NU

Fact or Fiction : The Baby Tams will enter the finals for the second year in a row.

dickismael69
07-03-2007, 10:03 PM
Fiction. The shoo-ins would be DLSU, UST and UE. The fourth and final slot is up for grabs between FEU, ADMU, and NU

Fact or Fiction : The Baby Tams will enter the finals for the second year in a row.

Fiction. I think with the lose of Soc Rivera, the baby tams will fall short entering the UAAP Junior Finals.

Fact or Fiction: One UAAP player will suffer an ACL injury.

shyboy
07-03-2007, 11:11 PM

Fiction. I think with the lose of Soc Rivera, the baby tams will fall short entering the UAAP Junior Finals.

Fact or Fiction: One UAAP player will suffer an ACL injury.

Fact. Even with the season opening a few days away, Marko Batricevic is already sidelined by an ACL injury. :P

Fact or Ficiton: After a series of forwards and centers bagging the MVP, a guard will win the award this year.

animoateneo
07-06-2007, 03:53 AM
Hard to be sure but i would have to say fact. A lot of teams this coming season won't have dominating big men the likes of Bono or Villanueva save for UST. A lot of teams will depend on their guards for offense like Adamson, UE and ADMU which is why i'm expecting some guards to post stellar numbers this season. IF Jervy Cruz doesn't bag it a guard probably will.

Fact or fiction: The ADMU-AdU game on Sunday will be a tightly fought match characteristic of the previous Falcon - Eagle duels.

john_paul_manahan
07-06-2007, 07:09 PM
fiction: the ultimate optimist in me will say we will make a statement.

fact / fiction: ust without ababou is worse than dlsu without marko

GHRanger
07-07-2007, 08:53 AM
Fact: The contributions of Ababou in scoring and his experience will be missed by the UST especially that Duncil is no longer around. As compared to Marko right now, Dylan is more seasoned. We wish both of them well and hope both get well soon (especially Dylan -- hopefully just a mild case of Hepa.)

Fact/Fiction:
One more eligibility issue will pop up near the close of the 1st round.

yungha
07-07-2007, 01:58 PM
fiction. teams are more careful now in ensuring that their players are legit.

fact or fiction: migs de asis of UP will fire the first field goal attempt in UAAP Season 70.

jollibeeaddict
07-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Fact: La Salle blew UP to bits in today's ball game.

Fact: hundreds of pongalangalas rained inside the Big Dome today, c/o Joe Lipa.

Fact or Fiction: Pido Jarencio and his wards is now jittery about the message sent by Franz Pumaren and his boys.

bluewing
07-07-2007, 07:09 PM
fiction. teams are more careful now in ensuring that their players are legit.

fact or fiction: migs de asis of UP will fire the first field goal attempt in UAAP Season 70.

obviously fiction because the first attempt was a conversion by cholo villanueva.

F or F? montinola is cursing his team to the bone right now...

john_paul_manahan
07-08-2007, 06:39 PM
fact.... they lost e... isnt that reason enough.

f or f? maulit kaya ni ford ang nangyari kanina?

cl.blue.24
07-08-2007, 08:26 PM
fact. sana naman! Last year na niya, its about time! :)

fact or fiction: Ford will be the MVP if he plays a consistent game ;D

john_paul_manahan
07-08-2007, 08:32 PM
fact: remember that is how jervy cruz got into the mvp race.

eto naman: the 5 best players this season will be: jervy, cabahug, asoro, tiu, casio (any order yan)

Dark Knight
07-10-2007, 09:24 PM
Fiction. I doubt Cabahug and Tiu's performance this season. Maybe Mark Borboran and Benedict Fernandez.

F or F : Adamson will occupy the last place after the elimination round.

augustine
07-14-2007, 09:46 PM
Fiction. I doubt UP is going to win any game this season.

F or F. UST will struggle to win half their games.

joelex
07-15-2007, 02:54 AM
fact: remember that is how jervy cruz got into the mvp race.

eto naman: the 5 best players this season will be: jervy, cabahug, asoro, tiu, casio (any order yan)

sorry pero malinaw naman wala si tiu sa top 5, ni top ten siguradong wala siya. he's just a good shooter.