PDA

View Full Version : CSJL KNIGHTS: Ready for NCAA Season83

ESCALERA JR.
04-29-2007, 12:54 PM
It's the merry month of May. Once again, NCAA fever beckons us come June. For several months, the Knights camp has been in deep slumber, so painfully quiet in the sidelines.

What could be the reason for this ?...is coach Alas busy scouring for new recruits to fill up the void left by Bautista and Aban, desperately seeking to come up with a new set of core players to throw into the coming NCAA battleground...even to the extent of relinquishing his coaching chores at Toyota in the Pbl.

The Muralla boys has been downplaying everything or is the coaching staff simply playing their cards very close to their chest. Whatever, Letran will always be ready come Gametime.

Letran gamefacers, time to wake up. This will be our new thread on our quest for the coming NCAA Season 83 A.

Gising na! And Lets get ready to Rrrrruuuummblle!

letranense1620
04-29-2007, 05:37 PM
About the game kanina, (Letran 72 SBC 75)

IMO mukhang ready na ang Knights naten except kay Ranises.

danny
04-29-2007, 11:25 PM
About the game kanina, (Letran 72 SBC 75)

IMO mukhang ready na ang Knights naten except kay Ranises.*

The Knights are always ready for battle. That's the good thing about the Knights.

Arriba!
Animo!

bugleboy
04-30-2007, 12:18 AM
faudo has improved a lot. from my own biased point of view, he appeared to have outplayed ekwe in this game. another guy who impressed me this time around was quinday. parang si balneg pero marunong sumaksak. i'm still waiting for good games, though, from guevarra, foronda and jazul. sana makita natin ito sa ncaa.

ESCALERA JR.
05-22-2007, 04:26 PM
Line-up for this coming NC season 83 ???...anyone...pls.

sumobra naman ang tahimik sa kampo naten...walang kaingay-ingay :-[

lapit na eh

christian
05-22-2007, 11:04 PM
Oo nga, san galing si Reposar?

franz_inwurdz
05-24-2007, 11:16 AM
I think Guevarra will be key this season. He's got the skills and the body. Kulang na lang yung confidence. If he could be developed as a leader, baka sya ang hinahanap na star player ng Knights.

bugleboy
05-28-2007, 02:37 PM
^IMO, rj jazul is emerging as the knights' leader for this season. he has been the stabilizing force and the go-to guy all throughout the summer. i agree, though, that guevarra should be developed since he's got the raw skills to become a future star. other players that have the potential to be great are daa, faundo and quinday (and maybe cabonce).

ESCALERA JR.
06-04-2007, 04:01 PM
FINAL line-up for the Knights...anyone? calling bonzieknight...pre meron na ba tayong official line-up.

Howard the Duck
06-05-2007, 01:22 AM
first game: vs. MIT
last game: vs. SBC

ang saya saya naman :D

ESCALERA JR.
06-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Let's try to guage our chances on our 1st game against MIT.

If we win by a mile (10 pts or more), may pag-asang maka f4.

If we win by a small margin, mahihirapan makapasok sa f4.

If we lose, then lets take the backseat and just enjoy watching from the sidelines :D

Arriba!

danny
06-08-2007, 05:09 AM
Escalera, malapit na naman ang bakbakan! Paano tayong mga nasa ibang lupalop? Any idea how we can watch the games via internet for free? ;D

Animo San Beda!
Arriba Letran!

ESCALERA JR.
06-09-2007, 12:18 AM
oonga pareng danny, imagine umuwi pa ako ng pinas last seasn, starting with the game against your RL in the 2nd rd...pero hindi ako nakatikm ng panalo. Nag-tatatalo ??? tatlong sunod-sunod... dito na lang muna ako... pagtitiisan na lang manood sa mga you tube...lalo pa ngayon wala na kaming kamador. ewan ko lang kung papano pang babalasahin ni Alas ang mga baraha niya.

Buti pa si sir LION, kakainggit, ang saya-saya :D anytime pwedeng manood ng live.

Saan lupalop ka ba ng mundo? hay naku...sarap sanang manood ;D

danny
06-09-2007, 02:42 AM
oonga pareng danny, imagine umuwi pa ako ng pinas last seasn, starting with the game against your RL in the 2nd rd...pero hindi ako nakatikm ng panalo. Nag-tatatalo ??? tatlong sunod-sunod... dito na lang muna ako... pagtitiisan na lang manood sa mga you tube...lalo pa ngayon wala na kaming kamador. ewan ko lang kung papano pang babalasahin ni Alas ang mga baraha niya.

Buti pa si sir LION, kakainggit, ang saya-saya :D anytime pwedeng manood ng live.

Saan lupalop ka ba ng mundo? hay naku...sarap sanang manood ;D

Vancouver.

Youtube... hay buhay. Aasa na naman ako sa online updates. ;D

ESCALERA JR.
06-09-2007, 10:17 AM
Vancouver! nampucha...ang giinnnaaw diyan! But at least meron ka naman alternative...an NBA team you can watch. Dito sa Oz zero ang basketball life...kahit NBA finals na, box scores lang ang laman sa diyaryo. They prefer the boring cricket and rugby.

Lets just get our info here in gameface para ma update tayo sa mga nanyayari sa ating mahal na teams.

Goodluck on your RL back to back campaign.

ANIMO

ESCALERA JR.
06-18-2007, 07:07 PM
Ready or not.

One more week to go.

bakbakan na naman ;D

ESCALERA JR.
06-23-2007, 08:59 PM
Good news...we won.84-80 ;D

Bad news is , not a nice win for us. >:(

Loosing a big lead in less than a minute not a good omen. Just shows the lack of experience and confidence...we need just one reliable handler to avoid endgame collapse.

But we'll take the win, anyhow. Opening jitters...maybe

One important lesson for the young rebuilding letran Knights team.

Back to the drawing board *

nash_bedista
06-23-2007, 09:39 PM
ok lng yung mga kuya, na astigan ako sa "CHEER" Isang SOLID NA CHEER! sabay sabay. ARRIBA LETRAN! hahaha

bugleboy
06-24-2007, 09:47 PM
escalera jr.,

don't be so hard on them. after all, they did win. i watched quite a few off-season games of the knights (vs. la salle, sbc, mapua) where we choked in the end-game. at least, we didn't choke this time.

as i mentioned in an earlier post, jazul has emerged as the knights' go-to guy, and he more than justified this in the first game. time and time again, he defused the cardinals' rallies and was able to get the other guys involved in the action. daa also clicked in this game with his inside incursions while gutilban and cabonce were pleasant surprises. quinday was on and off; ditto for faundo and guevarra.

the knights' free-throw shooting percentage was terrible. i think we shot less than 50%, while the cardinals were far better in this department. this was the reason why, despite the fact that we outplayed mapua, the difference in the scores at the end was not that impressive.

mapua's sean co looks like the real deal (maybe more so than the much-vaunted kelvin dela pena). pascual and jerby del rosario also played heads-up ball, and were much more effective than our own big guys (faundo and reposar).

mapua also landed a prize find in jonathan banal -- this guy will go far in the ncaa. he has the game to match his "angas". another new guy who did quite well in the first game was acosta.

quite frankly, i don't think the battle of intramuros has been settled decisively this year. watch out for a fiercer battle come the second round.

ESCALERA JR.
06-24-2007, 11:32 PM
^we almost did...luckily this time winning the end game after a series of last minute lapses where we could have won some during the off season.

In the last NC season though, the knights were masters of the end game with Boyet and Aban still around,winning several close matches. But since their departure, we were not as lucky.

As ive said previously, we only need one, just one guy to finish off those close encounters, and most probably RJ Jazul will be that guy.

This is going to be a steep climb for our Knights but nonetheless still as exciting to watch as ever.

LION
06-25-2007, 07:42 AM
Nanghihinayang ako kay Rey Guevarra. This kid is talented, tall and athletic but he is under performing. Parang JC Intal ang mga galaw niya kaya lang para siyang naliligaw pag pinaglalaro ni Coach Alas.

With the departure of Aban and Balneg, I think this is Guevarra's chance to shine.

mighty_lion
06-25-2007, 09:17 AM
Graduate na ba si Balneg? ??? I was hoping to see him in action nung second game at iniisip ko sya ang mag babantay kay de la pena. ;D

christian
06-25-2007, 10:20 AM
Balneg transferred to STI, according to previous posts.

christian
06-25-2007, 10:24 AM
In one of my posts, i said may player ang Knights na Fil-Am, i named him Reposar... Iba pala yung tinutukoy ko... Anyway, that guy is still fun to watch, ala Castro sa fastbreak.

Sorry, my bad!

bigfreeze_bibby
06-25-2007, 11:26 AM
Jazul and Guevara will play crucial roles as wingmen scorers for the Knights this season. Buti na lang step-up si Jazul (maganda pakita nitong batang ito nung Sabado) sa not so good game ni Guevara. Kundi sa mga 10-12 footers ni Daa malamang natalo ang Letran nung Sabado. That was one big factor going for the Knights in the 3rd quarter wherein they pulled away from Mapua. Special mention din yung mga pukol ni Quinday from the three ball region.

ESCALERA JR.
06-25-2007, 06:38 PM
Let's try to guage our chances on our 1st game against MIT.

If we win by a mile (10 pts or more), may pag-asang maka f4.

If we win by a small margin, mahihirapan makapasok sa f4.

If we lose, then lets take the backseat and just enjoy watching from the sidelines :D

Arriba!

sa palagay ko, makikipagsisikan tayo sa #4 slot.

tiyak,igagapang ng todo ni Alas ang mga bata para makapasok sa f4.

Wang-Bu
06-28-2007, 11:05 AM
Mabigat ang dinadala ni RJ Jazul para sa Knights ngayon. Mukhang siya na ang tumatayong leader ng Letran. Bagama't kumakamada sina Quinday, Gitulban (o Gutilban ba 'yon...), Guevarra at Daa, malinaw na si Jazul ang nagdadala ng koponan. Nung unang laban ng Knights nung opening day kontra Mapua, kitang-kita naman na si Jazul ang kumo-control ng tiempo ng laro at hindi niya hinayaang makaporma ang Cardinals.

ESCALERA JR.
06-28-2007, 04:40 PM
Tumpak ka pareng wangbu. Si jazul na dating reliever lang ay main man na ngayon, kayat medyo kakayod ng husto ang mga batas ni Alas. Hindi naman sa ini-ismol ko itong batang ito, pero prone sa error at maraming mintis na easy shots.

Wala din sa pangagatawan niya ang makakatagal ng mahabang oras sa loob ng court. Kaya kung dikdikan na ang labanan, tiyak bibigay ito at wala man lang sasalong reliever niya gaya ng ginawa niya noong nandyan pa si Bautista.

Anong feeling mo sa knights this season, mukhang mahihirapan ano. ???

ESCALERA JR.
07-06-2007, 06:39 PM
TALGA NAMAN :D win again...#3 and 0 loss

Galing-galing talaga ng Knights o si coach ALAS talaga ang ALAS ng Letran. magaling ;D.

Wala na ngang blue chip player, pero tuloy pa ring ang arrrrribaaa 8)

Chaaaarrrrrge! Sparrrrrtans!

Howard the Duck
07-07-2007, 12:15 AM
parang di na magsusuot ng red unis ang letran ah... bakit kaya?

gameface_one
07-08-2007, 01:44 AM
Jazul Knights’ shining armor

Sunday, July 8, 2007
RJ Jazul wasn’t complaining when he was playing back-up to the prolific tandem of Boyet Bautista and Aaron Aban last season. So when the two left for the pros, he knew he now had the opportunity to shine.

And shine he did as Jazul, a sophomore guard out of Cebu, led his team in scoring with an average of nearly 20 points a game as the Letran Knights stretched their run to three to join the back-to-back title-seeking San Beda Lions at the helm.

His biggest game thus far came Friday when he unloaded 20 points in a 71-61 victory over the San Sebastian Stags, a feat that clinched him the NCAA Press Corps’ Player of the Week award.

“Yes, he’s now our go-to guy with Boyet and Aaron gone,” said Letran coach Louie Alas, who recruited Jazul from Cebu, a known haven of streak shooters that produced the likes of former pros Boy Cabahug and Roel Gomez and RP team mainstay Dondon Hontiveros.

Jazul edged Kelvin dela Peña of Mapua and rookie Dave Marcelo of San Beda for the plum awarded every week by a group of sportswriters from the country’s leading broadsheets and tabloids covering the league.

Jazul was the second player to be honored, the first being San Beda’s spitfire guard Rogemar Menor. – Joey Villar

ESCALERA JR.
07-21-2007, 05:27 PM
I recall saying before that our first game against MIT was not a good win.

But yesterdays loss to JRU was a good one. Even with that loss, nakita ang potential ng mga bata.

The Knights so far has surprised everyone, coming up with 4 successive wins before sucumbing to the Bombers. By clawing back from a 21 pt. deficit going into the final canto, limittng JRU to just 5 pts and scoring 23 pts in 10 mins. is somethig to crow about.

Kinapus lang. Sayang! If given another minute or two, baka nanalo pa sana

Nonetheless, bilib ako sa resolve ng team..kung talagang gugustuhin, kakayanin. The loss will give them new insights on what to expect going in the 2nd round. Tuloy ang arriibbaa!

Wang-Bu
07-24-2007, 01:54 PM
Sir Escalera, anong year na po sina FORONDA at FAUNDO?

Huwag kayong magalala at hindi po ako nagbabalak manulot ng player, nagtatanong lang po. ;D

toti_mendiola
07-24-2007, 04:12 PM
sir wang bu,

Yung foronda na galing La Salle ay nasa third year na kung bibilangin natin yung 1 year residency niya at yung isa pang taon na inupo niya last year nung hindi siya napabilang sa team a ng letran habang si faundo naman ay nasa i8kaapat na taon na.

cub
07-24-2007, 07:44 PM
sir wang bu,

Yung foronda na galing La Salle ay nasa third year na kung bibilangin natin yung 1 year residency niya at yung isa pang taon na inupo niya last year nung hindi siya napabilang sa team a ng letran habang si faundo naman ay nasa i8kaapat na taon na.

Faundo is only on his third year as a knight. he was a rookie in 2005.

ESCALERA JR.
07-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Sir Escalera, anong year na po sina FORONDA at FAUNDO?

Huwag kayong magalala at hindi po ako nagbabalak manulot ng player, nagtatanong lang po. ;D

Sir WangBU, ayan, nasagot na nis Sir toti and SirCub.

Promise mo yan ha, alang sulutan ha ;D

mighty_lion
07-24-2007, 10:27 PM
Part yata ng coaching staff si toti at cub. Nagpapart-time job as "scout" ni Coach Frankie at Mike Advani. ;D

toti_mendiola
07-24-2007, 10:43 PM
sir wang bu,

Faundo is only on his third year as a knight. he was a rookie in 2005.

sorry i was not too specific but i was referring to their academic levels based on their year of entry sa letran.

ESCALERA JR.
07-25-2007, 06:43 PM
yehhheeeeey!!! yippppeeeee!!! ARRRRRRIBBBBAAAAA ;D

I was only following the match courtesy of the Live cverage sa LIONS DEN...my only link to the game and at the www.88db.

i hope the final score posted is FINAL.. 70-69;

What an exciting match.

Bedan Gamefacers...Nice game...and see you in the second round. :)

bugleboy
07-25-2007, 06:59 PM
just watched the letran-san beda game and am still shaking from excitement. *panalo ang letran, 70 - 69! *actually, there was an anticlimactic part at the end when the officials reviewed the game tapes to see if escobal's two-point shot at the end should have been a three. *still and all, a smashing win by the knights!

the knights were leading by 6 at the start of the fourth quarter but the red lions slowly came back, courtesy of timely hits from ekwe and escobal. *aljamal also came alive, swishing through a timely three. *i thought the knights were goners when menor did an alley-oop assist to ekwe, who slammed the ball home.

but then rey guevarra came alive and took over the game. *guevarra -- i take back all the things i said about you. *you da man! *i really liked that slam dunk attempt near the end that, though blocked by ekwe, you still managed to put the ball into the ring anyway. *galing!

other knights who performed well this game were jazul, daa, quinday, faundo, cabonce and melegrito. *that inbound by jazul in the second-to-last play was also masterfully done. *actually, nakita ko na itong play na ito dati (in one of the summer tourney games with san beda). *last-second inbound rin, at si guevarra rin ang recipient, kaya lang that time, he lost the handle and botched the play. *buti na lang in-the-zone silang lahat ngayon.

arriba!

toti_mendiola
07-25-2007, 07:41 PM
Congrats to the Knights on this one.

nash_bedista
07-25-2007, 10:16 PM
congratz po mga kuya! ;D

LION
07-26-2007, 07:25 AM
^ Congratulations to the Letran Knights!

You played one hell of a ball game yesterday. Dapat lang talagang matalo kami dahil hindi maganda ang laro namin kahapon.

See you in the next round.

Btw, we really love FAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDO OOOOOOOOOOO! ;D

mighty_lion
07-26-2007, 08:15 AM
^ Congratulations to the Letran Knights!

You played one hell of a ball game yesterday. Dapat lang talagang matalo kami dahil hindi maganda ang laro namin kahapon.

See you in the next round.*

Btw, we really love FAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDO OOOOOOOOOOO!* *;D

Kaya kami natalo kasi crowd namin mismo ang chinecheer si Faundo. Ginanahan tuloy maglaro.

Congrats to the Knights. The game you guys showed yesterday was not just about skills but with heart to win. See you in the second round. Dapat Araneta na.

Animo San Beda!
Arriba Letran!

lekiboy
07-26-2007, 10:03 AM
Congratualtions to the Letran Knights! What a ball game!

oca
07-26-2007, 10:28 AM
Very seldon do we find teams where its chances lie with the Coach more the players. Panatag ang kalooban ng Letran community na may laban sila dahil alam nila na may Alas sila. Alam naman ng lahat na di kalakasan ang line-up, pero walang talo na dinomina ang Knights.

That Red Lion- Knights game was a good case study of how a well motivated and well prepared team can beat the odds.

Kung ako sa Rector ninyo, papapirmahin ko na sa isang multi-year contract si Alas. Di lang 5 years, kahit 10 or 15 years pa di ako magdadalawang-isip bigyan siya ng kontrata na maging Coach ng Knights.

I intially had doubts on Letran's chances of making the F4. But with the steady play of Jazul and with Guevarra delivering at end-game in this San Beda game, malinaw na kayang kunin ng Letran ang twice-to-beat advantage. Pero di ko pa ililista ang Knights sa Finals. Dahil di ko tatawaran ang kakayahan ng coaches ng SSC-R, MIT at JRU.

At sa isang miron na tulad ko, mas nakakaganang manood ng ganitong labanan!

christian
07-26-2007, 12:42 PM
What a game! The more "experienced" team won yesterday, no doubt about it. hats off to the whole Letran community, and i'm sure it was a success for the NCAA. Do we hear Araneta for the 2nd round? We sure hope so! :)

Galing din ng cheering ng Knights. Can't wait for the second round ;)

Wang-Bu
07-26-2007, 05:58 PM
Napa-put---ina talaga ako nung nakita kong si Rey Guevarra ang kumamada para sa Letran kontra San Beda. Nandun siempre sila Faundo at Jazul, pero lintek sa pinakitang tibay ng dibdib itong Guevarra! Mas matinding salpukan ito sa Round 2 garantisado!

Howard the Duck
07-26-2007, 08:15 PM
fa-UN-do!

ayan nanalo tuloy

bwahahahahaha

danny
07-27-2007, 01:12 AM
Just came back from vacation.

Kahit huli na ako, congrats pa din!

ESCALERA JR.
07-28-2007, 06:12 AM
another W for the KNights of Letran, claiming the CSB Blazers as its latest victim.

Halatang pagod pa ang mga bata after that gruelling match against the Red Lions. Buti na lang hindi na olats or else the euphoria would have been short-lived.

Turns out Guevarra is becoming the new sensation for Letran after Jazul and Daa. His name is splaterred across the sports pages after his magnificent 6 point burst in a*heart-stopping win last Wed. and then again last Fri. sinking 2 free throws for the winning margin.

Rest ye weary heads, Knights...lets take a long weekend break for the coming battles ahead.

christian
07-28-2007, 10:59 AM
Puwede na ba nating binyagan ang Knights na "cardiac team?" :)

ESCALERA JR.
07-29-2007, 03:21 PM
Turns out Guevarra is becoming the new sensation for Letran after Jazul and Daa. His name is splaterred across the sports pages after his magnificent 6 point burst in a*heart-stopping win last Wed. and then again last Fri. sinking 2 free throws for the winning margin.

Rey Guevarra finally breaking out of his shell by claiming Player of the Week Award.

Warming the bench for most part of the last 2 seasons even after winning the Bantay Bata and PBL Slam Dunk, the seldom used forward just needed 1 last minute burst and 6 explosive points down the stretch to slowly but surely make a name for himself. The future looks rosy for this guy.

bugleboy
08-09-2007, 09:37 AM
the knights lost to the mapua cardinals on august 8, st. dominic's day. how weird is that? well, perhaps not that weird if one considers that one of the teams wanted to win much more than the other.

the cardinals -- through dela pena, sean co, del rosario, pascual and banal -- showed that they should not be trifled with, especially when their backs are already against the wall. i always thought that they were an underestimated team, and yesterday they showed what they are really made of. unfortunately for the knights, they had to be at the receiving end of this barrage.

knights in shining armor were daa, faundo, quinday, cabonce and latonio. daa had his usual penetrations and short stabs, faundo had his usual mid-range jumpers, but it was quinday who engineered some defensive gems that kept the game close in the fourth quarter. cabonce also had a good all-around game -- shooting, stealing, and rebounding. latonio, on the other hand, had two quick baskets in the second quarter, the last one being a three-ball in the last few seconds that snatched the lead back for letran.

guevarra would have performed well, but was saddled with fouls early in the game and sat on the bench for the most part. jazul was on and off. he had the ball in his hands for most of the final minute of the game, and flubbed all attempts. oh well, baka malas lang talaga.

bawi na lang, knights. never give up, never give in!

letranense1620
08-24-2007, 08:39 AM
Games today:

Letran vs San Sebastian (4 p.m.)

Arriba Letran!!! ;)

ESCALERA JR.
08-30-2007, 08:41 PM
Maka-dalawa kaya tayo sa SanBeda ???

There is a possibiity of grabing the #1 spot by winning on Fri. and the last game against Jru nxt week.

Mahirap kalaban ang Jru, nagpi-pick up na ang laro nila. Baka maubos tayo by the time we get by them...that is IF EVER we do survive them in the semis.

On the other hand, contrapelo naman naten ang Mapua.

Between the 2, id rather pick MIT to face in the semis.

Calling all KNIGHTS... "Now hail the men and (women) from Old Letran" PUNUIN ang COLISEUM sa Biernes 8)

nash_bedista
08-30-2007, 09:25 PM
para sa akin, ok din na nsa Top na kayo at labanan ang Mapua. Gusto ko ulet makaharap yung Hopias at Jru pala. At least sure na Finals na yan.!

Howard the Duck
08-31-2007, 01:44 AM
walang kabuhay-buhay dito :D :P

last year nakapanood ako at may nanglibre sa akin, ngayon walang gustong manlibre sa akin, may GF na kasi lahat :P

cub
08-31-2007, 08:02 PM
DOUBLE BLACK EYE! :P :P :P

Red Cubs 98, Squires 96.
Red Lions 87, Knights 84.

bugleboy
08-31-2007, 09:23 PM
^ok lang iyon. na-double black eye din naman kayo noong first round e. pana-panahon lang iyan. ;)

Howard the Duck
08-31-2007, 10:47 PM
ako yata ang may sala dito, sinabihan ko kasing walang kabuhay-buhay eh ayan nagkarambulan na ;D

christian
09-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Pareng bugleboy, kilala nyo ba yung alumnus nyo na laging nanonood na kalbo and naka shades? Lagi din sya nagchi-cheer? Sarap panoorin eh, ang kulit ;D Dati dalawa sila sa Rizal, kahapon mag-isa na lang sya. Muntik ding makipag away kahapon, bumaba sya sa court. Salamat.

bugleboy
09-01-2007, 07:44 PM
christian,

sorry, hindi ko kilala yung sinasabi mo. may katabi rin akong kalbo kahapon, kaya lang iyon yung kaklase ko noong high school at hindi siya naka shades. actually, we were seated in the section of the so-called bad boys of the '70s. iyon ang mga kilala ko. these men are now in their forties and were just looking on with raised eyebrows at the goings-on.

we're really too old for shenanigans like this.

ESCALERA JR.
09-02-2007, 07:32 AM
What can i say bugleboy,but sigh, nagbalik ata ang panahon naten circa 70's.

It was fun watching all those cheers and jeers, taunting, the heckling and all the stuff that makes a basketball game so exciting but, as you've just said, being at this stage in our life i look back and see the follies of our youth.

And all because of PRIDE, School Pride. ???

After this event 20 or more yrs from now, the present generation have written history for themselves to look back and shake their heads as well thinking...anong kalokohan eto.

Sayang im not there at the moment to savor that experience again, but do take extra care lalo na sa mga ka-batch naten na "High-blood" baka atakihin sa puso ang mga iyan. Pag naghabulan na sa labas biglang sumpungin ng rayuma ;D

Let me say this one more time with feelings...

ARRIBA LETRAN!!!

abcdboy
09-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Daddy ko batch 80's sa Letran. Manonood daw sila kung magch-championship. Ang kwento niya sa akin sila daw pinakamalakas sa suntukan noon. Katunayan nga hindi daw sila pinapaunang palabasin ng Rizal Coliseum kasi kung paunahin sila ay aabangan na nila lahat yung mga papalabas. ;D

Pero ok din daw ngayon kasi kahit saan ka pumunta walang mangaaway sayo.

Naninibago na din sila sa crowd ng letran kasi tahimik daw ang mga bata. :D

christian
09-02-2007, 11:21 PM
christian,

sorry, hindi ko kilala yung sinasabi mo. may katabi rin akong kalbo kahapon, kaya lang iyon yung kaklase ko noong high school at hindi siya naka shades. actually, we were seated in the section of the so-called bad boys of the '70s. iyon ang mga kilala ko. these men are now in their forties and were just looking on with raised eyebrows at the goings-on.

we're really too old for shenanigans like this.

I know sir. Even some Bedans are dismayed with what happened, including me. All that we can agree is that both parties are wrong, we don't need to go into details, as we both seen and know what happened. What i didn't like is how the situation was handled by the Commissioner and by the MANCOM.

At least we were treated to an exciting basketball game ;)

Regarding that alumnus, almost every game of Letran i see him, he looks like a one man cheering squad :)

Good luck to you and your team on your game tomorrow, panigurado may sasakit ang katawan.

mighty_lion
09-03-2007, 08:24 PM
Any update on the Letran-JRU game?

batangueño
09-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Congratulations to the Letran Knights for winning over the JRU Heavy Bombers, 74-71. :)

mighty_lion
09-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Congratulations to the Letran Knights for winning over the JRU Heavy Bombers, 74-71. :)

Alwayt! Congrats to the Knights for earning the twice-to-beat. One more win and lets cross our fingers to meet you guys in the WWF Finals, este Season 83 finals pala. ;D

Howard the Duck
09-04-2007, 10:29 PM

Alwayt! Congrats to the Knights for earning the twice-to-beat. One more win and lets cross our fingers to meet you guys in the WWF Finals, este Season 83 finals pala. ;D

akala ko javelin throw ang sport :P

ESCALERA JR.
09-08-2007, 07:31 AM

Alwayt! Congrats to the Knights for earning the twice-to-beat. One more win and lets cross our fingers to meet you guys in the WWF Finals, este Season 83 finals pala.* ;D

akala ko javelin throw ang sport :P

Wala yan pareng Howard. Carino Brutal lang between Sanbeda and Letran...at lilipas din paglaon.

Emotions are running high lalo na when school pride is at stake. Believe me, magkakaayos din yan in the end.

Happy Ending ika nga with a little bit of "Drama and Action"

Lets look at it on the brighter side. The NCAA has gained more media mileage because of the incident. We have seen more riotous encounter in the past and ths one is just peanuts. Adding spice to a somewhat routine basketball game will definitely make the cash registers ringing.

Take your pick:
SAN BEDA
LETRAN
JRU
MIT
...in that order :D

Mancom should take more responsibility by putting premium on securing the venue during the semis and finals.

LION
09-10-2007, 07:39 AM
Agree with you pareng Escalera.

San Beda vs. Letran pa rin sa finals.

danny
09-11-2007, 12:51 AM
According to our source inside ABS-CBN, ang lakas daw ng ratings ng NCAA ngayon. San Beda-Letran yan dapat sa finals. Patok sa takilya.

Escalera, may direct link nga pala kami sa ManCom rep ng Letran na si Fr. Vic. Dating kasama sa Masters program. WE have a good relationship with him.

Lion, ka batch nila Galex yung si Fr. Vic. Nakasama ko na din pala yan sa inuman. Madami kaming kasamang pari na mahilig uminom. ;D E-mail niyo* o i-PM si Galex kung kailangang kausapin para magkatulungang ayusin ang liga. Kakilala din yan ni BBS.

LION
09-11-2007, 07:51 AM
Ok danny.

San Beda and Letran should take the lead in restoring order. JRU as host is not up to par because Paul Supan has other things in mind.

ESCALERA JR.
09-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Pareng Lion, danny at sa mga iba pang bedistang gamefacers, kung sakaling tayo ang magtatagpo sa Finals ngayon taon, hangad namin na sana PUMATOK ng husto sa takilya ang NCAA.

Ok lang yan away-away at kantiyawan, wala naman tayo magagawan, likas na parehong "Masayahin" ang ating kanya-kanyang tribo. Kaya nga nag-alisan ang dalawa dating long-satanding members na mga Atenista at Lasalista dahil na rin sa atin :D.

Anyway masaya naman ang NCAA kahit ganyan...ibang iba ang dating. Nakaka-panginig ng laman ;D lalo na pag nag-gigirian na!

Lets just sit back and relax...Enjoy the impending collision of the remaining 2 former ALL BOYs school with their big fighting hearts and school spirit.

ARRIBA!!!......ANIMO!!!i

oca
09-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Dapat kasi, sa pagtunog ng final buzzer...tapos na rin ang labanan sa sidelines.

Pero sa totoo lang, malakas talaga mang-asar ang mga taga-Mendiola. Kaya, dapat "matibay ang sikmura" ng mga Letranista pag kayo ang nagtagpo sa Finals.

Eto lang ang punto ko, "Kailan pa nagkagulo matapos ang isang laro na talunan ang taga-Mendiola?"

Wala!

Sa talo-asar lang talaga magsisimula ang gulo. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

LION
09-11-2007, 06:08 PM
Tama ka oca.

Simula nung heartbreaker na talo namin sa Mapua sa Finals nung 1991 (panahon ni boybits), puro talo na kami taon taon e wala namang away o gulo. ;D

May mga bata o alumni lang talaga na mga pasaway. Lahat naman ng paaralan meron niyan. Kaya dapat may foresight and MANCOM. Balita ko mas mahigpit na daw ang security starting Final 4. Lahat daw ng manghe heckle o mangji jeer e paalisin ng MANCOM. Ibig sabihin, pag naituro ka ni Paul Supan, palalabasin ka na. ;D

Sa tv na lang kaya ako manood.

danny
09-12-2007, 05:17 AM
Goodluck sa mga Knigths!

Tutal nakasama pala namin si Fr. Vic nung unang panahon, mas masaya kung ang dalawang paaralan ang mamarapating magkita sa finals.

Fr. Vic, hinahanap ka ni Galex at ni BBS. Sagutin mo daw text messages nila. ;D

Arriba Letran!
Animo San Beda!

trencher_k
09-12-2007, 09:15 AM
Good luck to both teams in the Final Four!

ARRIBA LETRAN!

ANIMO SAN BEDA!

mighty_lion
09-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Congrats to Letran!

Its now SBC-Letran sa Finals. May the best man win.

Animo San Beda!
Arriba Letran!

danny
09-13-2007, 04:02 AM
Congratulations to the Gallant Knights!

After 57 years, we will meet again in the finals.

Will this be a repeat of the Letran Murder Inc. or the return of the Zamora Cup Red Lions of the 50's?

Arriba!
Animo!

LION
09-13-2007, 07:28 AM
Congrats to Letran!

Its now SBC-Letran sa Finals. May the best man win (the bride?). ;D

Animo San Beda!
Arriba Letran!

mighty_lion
09-13-2007, 10:24 AM
Congrats to Letran!

Its now SBC-Letran sa Finals. May the best man win (the bride?).* *;D

Animo San Beda!
Arriba Letran!

Lagyan natin ng sexual identity yong trophy. ;D ;D But please dont think at it with even a little bit of green on it. Haha. ;D

christian
09-13-2007, 11:33 AM
Good luck Knights!

toti_mendiola
09-27-2007, 01:48 AM
My admiration to your team escalera jr. they brought out the best and the worst in our boys! salamat knights and see you next championship.

danny
09-27-2007, 04:42 AM
A gallant stand by Muralla!

This is only our second time to meet you the finals, but we in Mendiola understand the fierce fighting spirit of the Gallant Knights.

Until we meet again.

Arribe Letran!
Animo San Beda!

Sam Miguel
09-27-2007, 08:24 AM
A gallant stand, proud fighting hearts, carry your heads high noble Knights.

ESCALERA JR.
09-28-2007, 06:25 PM
Lion,christian,toti,danny,samiguel and all bedan gamefacers!

There is nothing more noble than losing to the better...rather BEST team and accepting defeat graciously.

Another season has just passed, time to lick our wounds and prepare for next years battle.

To the VICTORS, the spoils of War!

I guess this about ends this thread"CSJL Knights Ready for Season 83" and looking forward to SEASON 84!

The KNIGHTS will always be battle-ready!

ARRIBA LETRAN!

LION
09-29-2007, 06:40 PM
Thank you Sir Knight! :)

christian
09-30-2007, 08:46 PM
Until next season sir!

For now, savor muna namin yung victory ;)