PDA

View Full Version : Who are the new recruits for the falcons?

professor
04-25-2007, 02:20 PM
Tomorrow is the last day of try-outs. There are 30 candidates and who will be picked? Any updates from the denizens?

taurus_pride
04-25-2007, 07:01 PM
There are 2 newly recruited players from Iloilo Central Commercial High School, same school of Ken Bono, Leo Canuday and Ruel Hugnatan, that joined the falcons 2 weeks ago. They're Jason Salvado and Kirby Sellado.

BigBlue
04-25-2007, 08:48 PM
got to see those two in the Nike Elite Basketball camp all-star game that was shown this morning over B-TV. Mukhang may future nga ang dalawang yan sa UAAP.

btw, didnt Leo Canuday come from the Adamson Baby Falcons? Or was he with Iloilo Commercial before transferring to AdU HS?

kaybee07
04-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Hi BigBlue :)

Canuday studied and played for Iloilo Commercial (also known as Hwasiong) before transferring to AdU high school. He left right before Bono transferred to Hwasiong from the University of Iloilo. Interestingly these two kababayans were never able to play together in one team until they moved up to the college ranks.

professor
05-02-2007, 09:27 PM
There is scarecity in the frontline candidates for AdU. The tallest guy is a reed thin 6'3" guy from the juniors team. The brother of rico maierhoffer is a 6'2" version only. The batch is thin that is why the try outs were extended. Sayang and laki pa naman ng bakante sa falcons with the departure of Bono, et al. The team B guys are heavy and not that athletic. Anyway, lets see how the summer ends for coach Bogs.

sosyal
05-02-2007, 10:10 PM
sino-sino b ang nawala at ilang ang vacancies!

professor
05-03-2007, 10:42 AM
Cabahug is practicing with the team but Agustin, Basilio and so is Pacheco (in another thread) are not. Hugnatan and Yong are questionable due to the 24-year age limit by the start of the season. Both are turning 25 this year. Am not sure about the others but will try to get more details during the summer training program. All recruits are lumped up together as coach Bogs is still figuring out the composition of the team as against the rest of the UAAP. Coach Bogs is doing his chess work in order to come up with the best team given the projected line ups of the other schools.

With a weakness in the frontline, Bogs would have to figure on how to cast a supporting team for Cabahug. This means a garbage collector frontline that moves a lot for the picks and rebounds. The other wingman would have to complement Patrick and the shooting guard should take off part of the heat. There is a new point guard in the team that can score and has good floor leadership skills. He would be a good back up for Polayapoy. How he handles the DLSU press will be the test. The 6'3" juniors center has baseline jumpshot skills but average low post skills. He would be a 4 at most but a good candidate for replacing Agustin as he has a soft touch with some hops to boot. He is also aggressive in defense. There are shooters in the mold of Cabahug but do not have his slashing skill level.

Let us see as time goes by.

On the women's team, they have been aggressively recruiting this summer. There are a lot of new players. They got a 1,3,5 players from Davao and their frontline is heavy literally. Expect their frontline to bruise the frontline of DLSU, ADMU and UST. They still have their running game but the star player is not there anymore.

My two cents worth.

sosyal
05-03-2007, 09:34 PM
i think poliyapoy and yong is done with the team and hugnatan is still qualified coz the tournament. hindi hagit ng uaap season ung pag turn na ng 25 y/o. bono, yong, poliyapoy pacheco, yambot are the spots vacated. colina and the 2 new recruits are sure-in in the lineup. consider nuyles and canada

professor
05-04-2007, 05:00 PM
Agustin is back and so is Basilio. The Gorospe player got bigger and maybe the main center instead of Basilio. However, Cabahug played but said good bye. I don't know if he will be back. The team is in a rebuilding mode and will be developing their chemistry as well as their play in the coming weeks for season 70.

My two cents worth.

sosyal
05-04-2007, 05:12 PM
why he said gudbye? colina must in the line-up this season

professor
05-05-2007, 09:38 AM
Colina is there but the team is still a pool until the coaches decide who will be the final line up. Cabahug and Hugnatan are not practicing with the team. As to their status it is unknown to the undersigned. They may appear later after their pbl commitments. Let us see as the summer progresses.

My two cents worth.

kaybee07
05-05-2007, 10:04 AM
Cabahug and Hugnatan are still receiving their monthly allowances from Adamson so I guess they will still be seeing action in the UAAP this July..

kaybee07
05-31-2007, 09:10 AM
I heard that the two Ilonggo recruits Salvado and Sellado were cut from the Falcons' lineup for the UAAP this year.

sosyal
05-31-2007, 01:54 PM
sino-sino na lineup para sa adamson next yr?

taurus_pride
05-31-2007, 08:49 PM
wala pang final decision regarding the 2 recruits from Iloilo. during the time kase na kunukuha si Salvado sa Iloilo, inassure siya na malaline up kaso mukhang may mga pagbabagong nangyayari sa decision ng coach ng adu. mas priority ata si olalia na iline up e.

professor
06-03-2007, 09:20 PM
Acibar stopped practicing with the team and has moved to UE already, this is according to the players interviewed.

Fyi.

Sam Miguel
06-04-2007, 10:42 AM
Acibar stopped practicing with the team and has moved to UE already, this is according to the players interviewed.

Fyi.

So it seems Acibar still made it onto the UE bus; I knew he'd find his way there.

Professor, will he be affected by the idiotic "Soc Rivera Rule" or he has been released unconditionally by Adamson?

professor
06-08-2007, 06:56 AM
The position that Acibar is vying for seems to be loaded with a lot of heftier guys on Team A. The scholarship and allowance decisions seems to be late that left maybe the parents into a quandary into what future holds for their kid. Anyway, AdU got some of the other kids playing the same position. The brother of Rico Maierhoffer Rudolf is now with team B. He is a replica of Rico with the same moves but a younger body. Rudolph is smaller by an inch.

Joescoundrel
06-08-2007, 09:29 AM
If Adamson is indeed rebuilding this season then Coach Bogs should look for freshmen/rookies to break in this year already with the goal of giving these guys valuable UAAP experience for the following seasons. I believe the likes of Olalia, Salvado and Sellado should get slots over the likes of guys who will most likely leave after the season.

I'd look to get only three or four bigs, the leading candidates being Basilio and Agustin at the 5 and 4 slots. If the Maeirhofer boy is anywhere near as good as his brother, even if he isn't as tall or as long, I'd get him too to play the 3 and 4 spots. If Hugnatan is still somehow eligible I'd take him as well to be my main 4/5 guy. That should be a competitive enough frontline.

sosyal
06-08-2007, 01:16 PM
cno-cno pa ba, wat happen to matias ha? pati wala na bang chance na bumalik si acibar?

Wang-Bu
06-20-2007, 09:51 AM
Mula sa U-Belt article ni Sir Sid:

"First and foremost would be five-eight Jerick Cañada, a scrawny but speedy point guard who can really push the ball. He averaged 5.7 points and 3.3 assists in six games in the Nike Summer League. I’ve also heard that juniors stand-out Jeff Olalia is back after a brief fling over at Taft. Olalia averaged 14.1 points and 11.3 rebounds last season to power the Baby Falcons to a third-place finish. Julius Colina, who like Cañada comes from the Falcons training pool, is a six-three big man who is still a bit raw and tentative. His NSL averages, also over six games, were 6.8 points and 4.5 boards. Small forward Janus Lozada, another training pool member, is around six-two but just like Colina is still raw. He averaged 4.8 points and 2.0 boards in the NSL. Two recruits from Ken Bono’s alma mater Iloilo Chinese Commercial High School, point guard Kirby Sellado and small forward Jason Salvado, have the talent but may still be too inexperienced to crack the line-up.

Others in the running include slasher Francis Dela Paz, off-guard Roilan Aguilo, power forward Robbie Celiz, and guard-forward Aldrin Margallo."

Ito daw ang mga maaaring ma-lineup na newcomer para sa Adamson.

kaybee07
06-20-2007, 10:04 AM
Last I heard, Sellado and Salvado left Adamson and are trying their luck with NU. Dismayado daw ang dalawa because they were promised slots in the Falcons' lineup, among other things, before they left Iloilo but were kicked to the curb only weeks before the UAAP starts.

taurus_pride
06-20-2007, 10:07 AM
Last I heard, Sellado and Salvado left Adamson and are trying their luck with NU. Dismayado daw ang dalawa because they were promised slots in the Falcons' lineup, among other things, before they left Iloilo but were kicked to the curb only weeks before the UAAP starts.

So true! nakakaawa yung dalawa talaga, lalo na si salvado. ang sabi pa ng coach ng adu na baka daw na insecure kay olalia kaya umalis. nice words from the coach no? >:(

sosyal
06-20-2007, 09:01 PM
nakita ko naglaro si salvado sa flying v and he is deadly from 3 against lasalle at semis of that league. pambihira kung eto lang ung maglalaro sa adamson, wag na tayong umasa, 4.3 points and 6.4 points?! mas ok kung kunuha ung tga iloilo at gawing projects for the upcoming seasons, with olalia, bobo talaga ng management! dapat marunong sila tumingin sa future. mga kinukuha nila e tapon from other schools! kung magaling ang coach at bobo ang players, wala rin! magagaling lang sila sa angasan at practice! shame on adornado and the management! MAGRESIGN NA SILA! mga ugok! ibalik si trillo o kumuha ng experience coach! adornado last coach in 1987 ata with alaska! hay!