PDA

View Full Version : NCAA COMMISSIONER?

brownjapanese
04-15-2007, 07:13 PM
who will be the replacement of sir jun bernardino as ncaa commissioner?

gameface_one
05-06-2007, 11:37 AM
IN HUDDLE
Narvasa new NCAA commish

By Beth Celis
Inquirer
Last updated 06:07am (Mla time) 05/06/2007

MANILA, Philippines -- If it had been anybody else who made the offer, Chito Narvasa would have probably turned it down outright.

But it was Jose (Tito Chit) Baltazar who had presented this year’s NCAA commissionership to the former PBA coach, and so Chito had to stop and think long and hard.

Coming from a close family friend who believed he is the right person for the job, being a srict disciplinarian and a no-nonsense man, Chito had to consider the offer very seriously.

Even if he thinks he has so much work in his hands and might not have time for it.

The Baltazar family owns the Jose Rizal University, one of the NCAA’s member teams, which is this year’s host .

Chito is the current head of the Basketball Coaches Association of the Philippines (BCAP)..

He played three seasons for the Ateneo junior basketball team and another four for the Eagles while the school was still a member of the NCAA. Ateneo then moved to the UAAP in 1979, a year after Chito’s last season.

His junior team won one title while his senior squad captured the NCAA championship twice.

In essence, Chito is a product of the NCAA, which he is about to serve when his appointment becomes official since he has decided to accept Tito Chit’s offer.

One of three candidates the PBA considered as commissioner back in 2002, Chito succeeds last year’s commissioner Emilio “Jun” Bernardino, who died of a heart attack last April.

His formal appointment is expected to be announced this coming week.

Meanwhile, on the UAAP side, a report has it that the choice as Chito’s UAAP counterpart has been narrowed down to two former University of Santo Tomas alumni, four-peat champion coach Aric Del Rosario and Ed Cordero. One of the two will replace Elmer Yanga who served the league last year. UST, the 2006 champion, is hosting this year’s UAAP.

Another appointment expected to be announced next week is that of Patrick “Pato” Gregorio as BAP-SBP executive director.

The selection and nomination committee headed by Director Ely Capacio meets tomorrow, May 7, “to pre-select and recommend,” according to Ely, from among the short list of nominees which includes JunJun Capistrano, who was recommended by Hapee team owner Cecilio Pedro according to BAP-SBP chairman Ricky Vargas, Ricky Palou, Pedro Alfaro from Zamboanga and Pato who was nominated by no less than the BAP-SBP president himself, Manny V. Pangilinan.

From what I know, only two candidates have been seriously considered for the coveted position: Jun Bernardino and Gregorio.

Jun and Pato are both products of the University of the Philippines, and, few people know this, are compadres too.

Jun is the ninong of one of Pato’s kids.

“He’s a very close family friend,” said Pato. “He used to give us tickets to the PBA when he was the executive director then. My brothers and I (Ryan and Allan) were so thrilled to watch the games.”

Officially, only four names are in the list of nominees. Unofficially however, the chairman of a television conglomerate was strongly pushing for Ogie Narvasa, a lawyer and former MBA/PBL Commissioner while a popular scribe was batting for former PBA coach and UAAP commissioner Joe Lipa.

ESCALERA JR.
05-06-2007, 07:08 PM
THE BEST CHOICE TO REPLACE COM. BERNARDINO. THE RIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB.

AnthonyServinio
06-19-2007, 01:31 AM
* * *INCOMING NCAA 83 Commissioner Andres "Chito" Narvasa III has tapped veteran coaches Cayetano "Tanny" Gonzalez and Alfrancis Chua as his deputy commissioners.

LION
06-19-2007, 07:15 AM
Alfrancis Chua? Baka sapakin niya yung mga pasaway sa NCAA? ;D

christian
09-13-2007, 11:14 AM
While watching the CSJL-JRU game, i saw commissioner Narvasa threw a mouthful to a fan, even pointing a finger to the fan. He was restrained by Alfrancis and another fellow who was beside him. So far the best commish.

lekiboy
09-13-2007, 11:23 AM
While watching the CSJL-JRU game, i saw commissioner Narvasa threw a mouthful to a fan, even pointing a finger to the fan. He was restrained by Alfrancis and another fellow who was beside him. So far the best commish.

sarcasm ba yun tol...o nakainom ka? :):):)

he could have done a lot better for the league this season...

LION
09-13-2007, 11:30 AM

I heard that Comm. Narvasa will resign form his post after the NCAA season.

He realized too late that the function of NCAA Commissioner is merely ceremonial. All the powers are vested in the MANCOM. This explains why we never heard from Comm. Narvasa despite the controversies that hounded the NCAA since August. Allegedly, his recommendations regarding the Aljamal issue, the SBC vs. Letran brawl, etc. were ignored by the MANCOM.

mighty_lion
09-13-2007, 12:02 PM
Meron nga ba tayong commissioner? ;D

jayverns
09-13-2007, 11:13 PM
Meron nga ba tayong commissioner?* ;D

siguro display lang basta may masabi lang na may Commissioner ang NCAA.

lionbanker
09-13-2007, 11:48 PM
Commissioner pala siya. :D ;D ;D

danny
09-14-2007, 12:38 AM

He realized too late that the function of NCAA Commissioner is merely ceremonial.* All the powers are vested in the MANCOM.* This explains why we never heard from Comm. Narvasa despite the controversies that hounded the NCAA since August.* Allegedly,* his recommendations regarding the Aljamal issue, the SBC vs. Letran brawl, etc. were ignored by the MANCOM.*

Thanks for the inside scoop, pare. I hope we can get a statement from him if and when he resigns. Otherwise he will be known as Commissioner Nowhere. He has clarify his role to save himself from eternal disgrace. ;D

christian
09-14-2007, 11:07 AM

He realized too late that the function of NCAA Commissioner is merely ceremonial.* All the powers are vested in the MANCOM.* This explains why we never heard from Comm. Narvasa despite the controversies that hounded the NCAA since August.* Allegedly,* his recommendations regarding the Aljamal issue, the SBC vs. Letran brawl, etc. were ignored by the MANCOM.*

Is this the same MANCOM who represented the schools last season? If so, how come commissioner Bernardino (RIP) was swift to place sanction/s on erring players? AND how come commissioner Narvasa didn't have the same power/s?