PDA

View Full Version : More Falcons on their way out?

kaybee07
04-07-2007, 10:03 AM
Our sources revealed that beanpole Arold Basilio from Pampanga may be taken out of this year's line up because of a recurring knee injury. They say it is possibly an ACL tear but it has been hounding him for several months and I don't know if he's had it checked already. Kung ACL injury yan dapat matagal nang pinaoperahan, the UAAP is coming up very, very soon...

Another Kapampangan player worth discussing is Mark Agustin who has gone AWOL recently, allegedly also because of an injury.

And although I don't believe he is leaving the team for good, Roel Hugnatan is moving out of the team's quarters within the month. He got into an argument with sports coordinator Bernie Rances recently and I'm not sure if this has any direct connection with Hugnatan's leaving their dorm.

5FootCarrot
04-10-2007, 07:35 AM
Oh, wow :( Sorry to hear about the "series of unfortunate events" that have befallen Adamson after their Final Four appearance last season.

Sino ba sa team management ang may BSP (balat sa pwet :P) at sunud-sunod ang kamalasan ng Adamson?

kaybee07
04-10-2007, 11:27 AM
You know Carrot I think the problem is there is NO team management to speak of at Adamson! Hayyyy. :'(

Kid Cubao
04-10-2007, 12:09 PM
maybe it's management by chaos ;D

kaybee07
04-11-2007, 05:46 PM
What a sad, sad state of affairs...

5FootCarrot
04-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Yes, indeed, it's sad to see that the team will be undergoing more rebuilding than expected this year. :( Ang dami pa palang ibang players na nagkakaproblema.

I hope things can be resolved as much as possible. I always look forward to Ateneo-Adamson games during UAAP season.

taurus_pride
04-18-2007, 11:54 AM
Accdg to my source, hindi naman daw aalis si Roel Hugnatan sa Adu Varsity dorm. With regards dun sa argument with Rances, mejo parang lokohan lang naman daw yun so nothing too serious about it. Until now sa ADU pa din naman daw umuuwi si Hugnatan.

The good news is, tatanggalin na daw si Rances as Sports Coordinator ng ADU. Ang papalit daw is the present head of OSA of Adu na balita ding kontra lagi sa basketball varsity ng adu. So, in short, di pa din okay ang papalit kay Rances, hehehe.

kaybee07
04-18-2007, 08:51 PM
Ngek sana si Rances nalang iniwan nila kung ganun din lang mareng taurus! :P

sea_falcon
04-23-2007, 07:48 PM
The woes in the athletic program of AdU is a mere symptom of a bigger problem called organizational politics. The priests are engaged in a political tug of war. The president, Fr. Greg, is receiving flaks even from among the priests because he is playing favorites. For instance, Ruel de la Rosa who was the director of student affairs is being shipped to the Athletics department after a so-so stint. He is a favorite because he is a yes-man. Notwithstanding his lack of knowledge in the ways of sports especially in the UAAP, the reshuffling is a fallback position for the guy. When one is appointed solely on the basis of loyalty, expect more trouble.

This development is troubling. God forbid but I sense an Adamson sports program going to the dogs! >:(

kaybee07
04-24-2007, 07:37 PM
mareng taurus, I spoke to Roel Hugnatan yesterday. He confirmed to me that he did move out of the AdU dorm recently. Bahala na daw if he's going to move back there or not, pero tuloy parin naman daw allowance nya from the school so ok lang either way.

Hi sea_falcon, welcome to the Adamson forum. Your news saddens me, but what you said was all true. Sa tingin ko, hindi aasenso ang team if the people in charge won't straighten themselves out first.

sea_falcon
04-25-2007, 10:30 AM
Hi sea_falcon, welcome to the Adamson forum. Your news saddens me, but what you said was all true. Sa tingin ko, hindi aasenso ang team if the people in charge won't straighten themselves out first.

Thanks! Guess, not even St. Vincent de Paul can straighten out things in AdU these days. So sad because the school has a lot of potential but an inept management team coupled with too much politics is wrecking everything good left in the institution. Ken's case is an offshoot of miscommunication and lack of coordination- two things that the school specializes in. If only level-headed admins acted prudently, it is a very minor case of misunderstanding that can be bridged easily. However, there seem to be an utter lack of competent managers especially from the priests who are half-heartedly doing their jobs knowing they could be out anytime dependiing on the direction of political wind. Sounds weird but dirty politics is not exactly a monopoly of lay peope. The religious can be just as dirty and cunning. :'(

MykelV
07-21-2007, 10:43 AM
Hi! im a coach from dumaguete city here in the visayas and ive got a player here who says he was once a member of the AdU falcons and he wants to join my team. Maybe someone can give me a heads up or any info on this guy. He says he played in last years CCL. His name is Levin Silva. Is he a good player? I can see hes got the skills but i just want to make sure what hes saying is true.

Id really appreciate the help guys.

Thanks

sosyal
07-21-2007, 06:13 PM
^sorry but not familiar! walang silva na naglaro sa adamson noong ccl kasi one game lang sila. kung naglaro siya, ndi yan naipasok ni bogs kasi hindi ko nakita sa tv. akala ko si jb orera