PDA

View Full Version : Falcons = night owls?

kaybee07
03-17-2007, 08:39 AM
A source close to the players told me that some of the Falcons staying at the team quarters have been going out a lot at night and coming back at wee hours of the morning.

Now I have nothing against occasional gimiks but as student-athletes and players preparing for a challenging UAAP season ahead, I believe that too many late nights out will do their basketball careers no good.

I am posting this info here with the hopes of alerting team authorities and the more responsible players to put a stop to these irresponsible actions. The players haven't been this "wild" since the Falcons' campaign with MAlas two years ago. Nung panahon ni Coach Leo last year wala namang mga ganitong nangyayari, and I believe that was one of the reasons why Adamson reached the final four last UAAP.

taurus_pride, I hope you and Leo can shed more light on this issue and update us here..

Kid Cubao
03-22-2007, 08:10 AM
i don't wish to pass judgment in this matter, but the standard operating procedure for quartered athletes is to assign a student warden, who is primarily tasked to enforce a nightly curfew and report violators to the proper authorities. his tasks may expand to also ensure that the players attend their classes and get feedback from their teachers on their academic performance. usually three or four student wardens are assigned to look after a basketball team.

bchoter
03-22-2007, 12:18 PM
In the midst of the Adamason's Season 69 campaign I chanced upon a couple of Falcons in a 24-hour convenience store buying a local rhum long neck. It was 3 nights before their crucial game against a fellow F4 contender. Lo and behold, one of the said players played well. Rhum-cola must be his elixir :D

taurus_pride
03-23-2007, 10:56 AM
A source close to the players told me that some of the Falcons staying at the team quarters have been going out a lot at night and coming back at wee hours of the morning.

Now I have nothing against occasional gimiks but as student-athletes and players preparing for a challenging UAAP season ahead, I believe that too many late nights out will do their basketball careers no good.

I am posting this info here with the hopes of alerting team authorities and the more responsible players to put a stop to these irresponsible actions. The players haven't been this "wild" since the Falcons' campaign with MAlas two years ago. Nung panahon ni Coach Leo last year wala namang mga ganitong nangyayari, and I believe that was one of the reasons why Adamson reached the final four last UAAP.*

taurus_pride, I hope you and Leo can shed more light on this issue and update us here..

I've also heard about this news. Actually last week, madaming absent sa practice...well, im not gonna excuse Leo for being one of them. ang kaibahan nga lang ni Leo, namamaga ang tuhod niya kaya hindi nakapagpractice but he still showed up sa practice. What happened I believe is birthday ng isang player(one of their big men) and most of the team members went there, of course to drink. There's nothing wrong i guess since may occasion naman but the thing is di dapat ma affect yung practice nila. Since konti lang nagpractice that day, maaga natapos ang practice nila since majority of the players were not there. May nakapagkuwento din samin na may mga players daw ng adu ang nakita sa Common Ground friday night even may jogging sila the next day ng 6am. Good thing naman, yung mga nakita sa gimikan that night e nakapagjogging naman daw.

i think the concern here is nawawalan na naman ng disiplina ng mga players. as far as i know, wala na din yata silang curfew ngayon e. Siguro mareng kaybee, nagiging kampante na mga players ng ADU ngayon especially the "favorites".

kaybee07
03-24-2007, 09:10 AM
^ Hi mareng taurus..

Thanks for the heads up. Naku bumabalik nanaman ata yung bad habits ng ibang tao dyan ah. Sabi nga ni Kid Cubao common practice ang magkaroon ng student warden for quartered athletes but knowing the way things are run at Adamson, hindi naman yan iniimplement ng school admin for the Falcons. Sabi mo nga, curfew pa nga lang wala na sila eh.

Tama ka the issue here is lack of discipline and maybe some of the players are also getting a bit arrogant. Palibhasa the school is playing favorites nga di ba? (Hayyy we should know!)

Nakontento na ba sila na nakapasok tayo sa final four last season? Unless things change I doubt that Adamson will ever rank any higher than that. Sana habang may konting panahon pa may makita tayong mga pagbabago. Kawawa naman yung mga iilang tulad ni Leo na sineseryoso naman ang paglalaro nila, baka mapunta lang sa wala ang paghihirap nila..