PDA

View Full Version : NCRAA 14TH Season-Game 3 Decided by BAP Referees Nestor Macatuno & Ariel Bermeo

The General
03-01-2007, 04:11 PM
The Game 3 was designed for AU Chief. It was very obvious that BAP Referees Nestor Macatuno and Ariel Bermeo were there to jeopardize the chances of EAC Generals to reclaim the NCRAA Crown.

This is not sour grapping.Back to back bad calls in favor of AU Chief in the last 38 seconds of the ball game. Macatuno called a pushing foul on KC Castillo as he guarded MArtinez of the Chief while setting up the play. A spin move by Buenafe after he was nudged which caused him to get out of balance called a travelling by Ariel Bermeo.

The crowd disagreed and this resulted in the court pelting.

I hereby condemn BAP Referees NESTOR MACATUNO AND ARIEL BERMEO! You will have no more right to officiate collegiate basketball. Save the bonus and invest it so that you can still get your livelihood for the talent fee that you received.

joelex
03-02-2007, 12:07 AM
BAP refs? im not surprised. cant even put an effort hiding their bias as far as their officiating goes.

anghusay
03-03-2007, 09:25 PM
The improvement of the officiating should be the primary concern of the NCRAA board before the start of the 15th season. I witnessed several games wherein the referees and table officials made clear errors on some calls. Something as simple as calling an 8 second violation sometimes were missed, game clocks, shot clocks didn't simultaneously go off when action resumed, off course that bad call in game 1 of the finals when you look from hindsight cost the EAC Generals the championship. Several fights broke out between various teams because the referees should have been in control of the game and the players.

In order for the NCRAA to continue to increase its popularity, this officiating issue should be immediately addressed. I wonder whats going on in the mind of coach Nomar Isla. Panalo na, Natalo pa. Thanks in part to spotty officiating.

The General
03-07-2007, 12:03 PM
The improvement of the officiating should be the primary concern of the NCRAA board before the start of the 15th season. I witnessed several games wherein the referees and table officials made clear errors on some calls. Something as simple as calling an 8 second violation sometimes were missed, game clocks, shot clocks didn't simultaneously go off when action resumed, off course that bad call in game 1 of the finals when you look from hindsight cost the EAC Generals the championship. Several fights broke out between various teams because the referees should have been in control of the game and the players.

In order for the NCRAA to continue to increase its popularity, this officiating issue should be immediately addressed. I wonder whats going on in the mind of coach Nomar Isla. Panalo na, Natalo pa. Thanks in part to spotty officiating.

thats true. the ncraa was on its way back to its glory days, however, with the unfortunate fate of the EAC Generals losing the championship even on game 1 will forever tarnish the credibility and luster of the ncraa should this kind of officiating be tolerated. the selection process of referees during the semi-finals and championship should be done on a lottery basis to avoid any suspicion of game fixing. use of play back of video for games being contested on buzzer beaters.

coach isla will not allow any stone unturned on the issue of spotty officiating. in his column BENCH TACTICIAN Saksi Tabloid last March 2, 2007, he literally mentioned the names of the referees who destroyed game 1 and game 3 of the ncraa championships. as an official representative to the ncraa and ucaa, for sure, the referees involved will be totally banned from officiating in all ucaa and ncraa games.

and for the team who allegedly involved in this scam, this championship will not last, the 15th season will just be around the corner.

carding
03-12-2007, 03:40 PM
Sounds like sour graping to me ... ???

The General
03-14-2007, 08:07 PM
Sounds like sour graping to me ...* *???

i respect your opinion... it could be convincing if you witnessed the game.. thanks anyways!

whiplash
09-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Sounds like sour graping to me ... ???

you come on board with one post and you do that? hmmm..

need to work on the class.. if more than half the people who saw the games agree with the bad officiating, you need to justify your "implied" accusation of "sour graping"