PDA

View Full Version : FMC 3 2007

5FootCarrot
01-03-2007, 10:27 AM
Is this still going to push through?

Edited to change message icon.

full battle gear
01-03-2007, 11:53 AM
Yes. FMC 3 is scheduled to start this month.

More information should be available in the next few days.

5FootCarrot
01-03-2007, 12:51 PM

I heard that it was scheduled to start this month, too, but the absence of info was making me nervous. (Naghahanap na kasi ng mapapanood, hehehe! ;D)

anghusay
01-08-2007, 10:18 PM
Who are the participating schools and if possible their respective line-ups?

Dark Knight
01-16-2007, 10:51 PM
Just curious. Why the title FMC 3? Does it mean this is only the third staging of the competition? Pardon my ignorance. Thanks!

AnthonyServinio
01-17-2007, 12:14 AM
Just curious. Why the title FMC 3? Does it mean this is only the third staging of the competition? Pardon my ignorance. Thanks!
* * *Actually, this is the second staging of the so-called "FMC 3".

* * *The Father Martin Foundation stages three tournaments per school year.

* * *The first is the Father Martin Cup or FMC held during the summer.* This is the tournament were school teams more or less finalize their rosters for the coming school year.* This is the original offering having been played for the last 13 years.

* * *The second is the Father Martin Division II or FMC II held during the first semester simultaneous with the NCAA and UAAP and other first semester leagues.* This tournament accords the Team B's of the NCAA and UAAP schools a venue for competition against top teams from the other college leagues. This concept began six years ago.

* * *Finally, there is the Father Martin Open or FMC III held during the second semester.* Conceived only last year, the goal of this tournament is to give more exposure for the now combined Teams A and B of the schools during the second semester so that they would not be idle.* It is called Open because any player including those who have exhausted their varsity eligibility may play as long as they are enrolled and not more than 25 years of age.

cl.blue.24
01-17-2007, 07:58 PM
when is this going to start? please post the schedule if ever it is out already... :)

Dark Knight
01-17-2007, 10:06 PM
* * *Actually, this is the second staging of the so-called "FMC 3".

* * *The Father Martin Foundation stages three tournaments per school year.

* * *The first is the Father Martin Cup or FMC held during the summer.* This is the tournament were school teams more or less finalize their rosters for the coming school year.* This is the original offering having been played for the last 13 years.

* * *The second is the Father Martin Division II or FMC II held during the first semester simultaneous with the NCAA and UAAP and other first semester leagues.* This tournament accords the Team B's of the NCAA and UAAP schools a venue for competition against top teams from the other college leagues.* This concept began six years ago.

* * *Finally, there is the Father Martin Open or FMC III held during the second semester.* Conceived only last year, the goal of this tournament is to give more exposure for the now combined Teams A and B of the schools during the second semester so that they would not be idle.* It is called Open because any player including those who have exhausted their varsity eligibility may play as long as they are enrolled and not more than 25 years of age.

Thank you very much sir. Now im enlightened. ;D

5FootCarrot
01-18-2007, 07:49 AM
when is this going to start? please post the schedule if ever it is out already... :)
AFAIK it's supposed to start this weekend, but don't sweat it, no one knows what the skeds are yet so the beginning of the tournament may again be delayed. I'm sure the good folks here at Gameface will post the info here as soon as it's available.

gameface_one
02-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Team Standings as of Feb. 13, 2007:

GROUP A

San Beda College (2-0)
Colegio de San Juan de Letran (2-2)
Jose Rizal University (1-2)
Philippine College of Criminology (0-3)
University of the Philippines (2-1)
Philippine Christian University Dasmariñas (3-2)

GROUP B

Ateneo De Manila University (4-0)
System Technology Institute College (3-1)
San Sebastian College – Recoletos (2-1)
Philippine Christian University Manila (1-3)
Far Eastern University (1-2)
Metro Manila College (0-4)

Mhel_Garrido
02-14-2007, 03:51 PM
So that there wont be any confusion, please use STI College na lang for the STI team coz we are not using the
System Technology Institute name na. STI is ok. Fyi lang po. Thanks

Team Standings as of Feb. 13, 2007:

GROUP A

San Beda College (2-0) * *
Colegio de San Juan de Letran (2-2) * * * *
Jose Rizal University (1-2) * * * * * *
Philippine College of Criminology (0-3) * * * *
University of the Philippines (2-1) * * * *
Philippine Christian University Dasmariñas (3-2) * * * *

GROUP B

Ateneo De Manila University (4-0) * * * *
System Technology Institute College (3-1) * * * *
San Sebastian College – Recoletos (2-1)
Philippine Christian University Manila (1-3)
Far Eastern University (1-2)
Metro Manila College (0-4) * *

pio_valenz
02-14-2007, 09:47 PM
What's the format? How many teams per bracket will advance to the next round?

5FootCarrot
02-15-2007, 05:08 PM
pio, if the previous FMC tournaments are anything to go on, this will be a single-round elimination, and the top two schools of each group will comprise the final four in a crossover semifinal. Semifinal and final will be decided in one game only, and there won't be any playoff for third.

pio_valenz
02-15-2007, 06:21 PM
Ah, many thanks, Divine Carrot. You are truly wise.

5FootCarrot
02-16-2007, 07:53 AM
Tee-hee! No, not really wise, just someone who's watched a lot of FMC in the past couple of years ;D

5FootCarrot
03-15-2007, 10:18 AM
^ May playoff pala for third this year. Never happened before :)

Sino kaya ang Gameface hardcore player of the tournament?

Mateen Cleaves
03-15-2007, 11:43 AM
I think they had playoffs for all positions. UP's game with FEU last weekend was for 9th place! This was great for all teams concerned. All teams got what they came for -- maximum, real-game experience for their off-season squads.

5FootCarrot
03-15-2007, 01:17 PM
That's right, Mateen, there were playoffs this time around for all places. 9th place pala yung UP-FEU last weekend? Akala ko 3rd. Anyhoo, I hope the Maroons enjoyed and learned much from their FMC3 stint :)

Jump_Shooter
03-19-2007, 04:41 PM
^Unfortunately, UP lost to FEU, so they can only chant "We're Number 10! We're Number 10!"

5FootCarrot
03-20-2007, 10:22 AM
OK lang yan. At least they are not chanting "We're Number 10!" when there are only eight schools participating ;D

I must say that I'm surprised that FEU and UP were battling for such a low place. FEU has been a headache in the off-season tourneys since forever, and I'm sure UP is no slouch either.