PDA

View Full Version : Top Rookie Prospects for Season 70

ghost09
10-23-2006, 09:13 PM
add naman kayo info about new recruits of the different schools...... ;D

Sam Miguel
10-24-2006, 08:42 PM
Ateneo and UP recruits and other newcomers for those two schools are being discussed already in their respective school forums, please check those out. Other schools are also talking about their own recruits.

Jump_Shooter
11-13-2006, 05:52 PM
I'll allow this thread to continue since people can still discuss where a recruit will be going without any slant towards a particular school. I'll just be editing the title a bit.

gameface_one
12-29-2006, 04:26 PM
Who are the top rookie prospects for Season 70 and where are they heading?

Gil_Andrews
12-29-2006, 04:31 PM
From Ateneo High School:

1. Bacon Austria
2. Mike Gamboa
3. Tonino Gonzaga
4. Carlo Balmaceda
5. Alec Rivera

From San Beda;

1. Dave Marcelo
2. Garvo Lanete

Marami pa......

Gil_Andrews
12-29-2006, 04:33 PM
Ferdinand of La Salle
Julius Wong of Letran
Soc Rivera of FEU

Jump_Shooter
12-29-2006, 05:23 PM
Merging this with the Season 70 Recruits thread.

cub
12-29-2006, 07:10 PM
OT: Soc Rivera was a red cub before. hindi ata nabigyan ng playing time kaya at the middle of the academic year, lumipat sa FEU.

- Pascual of PCU
- Buenafe of Baste

BLUE HORSE
12-30-2006, 01:17 PM
Dexter Rosales - FEU
Tumlos - Zobel
Bautista of - UPIS

nash_bedista
12-30-2006, 03:25 PM
i believe Buenafe has 1 year pa sa Baste

oca
01-02-2007, 12:32 PM
i believe Buenafe has 1 year pa sa Baste

In NC' Season81, with Letran as host, Buenafe was listed as 3RD YEAR HS.

...Mali yung info? Sige na nga....

jayverns
01-08-2007, 12:45 AM
sure na ba si Kirk Long sa Ateneo? maglalaro na ba siya sa Season 70? narinig ko kasi binanggit nung isa sa mga hosts ng In the Zone sa Solar

israeli
01-10-2007, 04:08 PM
as for the UP side of things, what we can say so far is that three FEU-FERN Baby Tamaraws- Dexter Rosales, Anthony Paulino and Mark Lopez- and one Ateneo Blue Eaglet- Mike Gamboa- are now practicing with the UP Fighting Maroons and are slated to join the Maroons this coming UAAP season. :)

Mateen Cleaves
01-10-2007, 04:28 PM
^correction. Mark Lopez has committed to UP but he is not practicing regularly yet. He still has some things to complete in FERN but FEU has already given its blessings for him to eventually join the Maroons.

israeli
01-10-2007, 04:59 PM
^correction. Mark Lopez has committed to UP but he is not practicing regularly yet. He still has some things to complete in FERN but FEU has already given its blessings for him to eventually join the Maroons.

thanks for the correction, Sir Mateen. :)

abcdef
01-10-2007, 09:26 PM
is kirk long american?

BLUE HORSE
01-11-2007, 02:10 AM
Yes, but he will not have to establish residency. Kirk Long will graduate from Faith Academy and hence does not run afoul of the UAAP residency requirements.

anghusay
01-11-2007, 10:03 AM
The hype regarding Kirk Long is HUGE!!!

Is he really that good? What position/s does he play? Will he be able to make a major impact ala LA. Tenorio in his rookie year? Will he fill the void left by Intal, Kramer and Escalona? Will he be the messiah that will bring the Ateneo men's basketball program back to the promised land? What league is Faith Academy affiliated with and what are the stats of Kirk Long?

professor
01-11-2007, 10:31 AM
Kirk long is a muscular 6'1" who plays the 1-2 position. He has a quick first step and can slash and pop. He has good mid range and is quick on the break. However, he is young and still learning the black system. Within a few years he will be a force. He will be a good candidate for the rookie of the year as he would qualify easily. My two cents worth.

flsfnoeraekadad
01-11-2007, 07:03 PM
Mike Gamboa? UP? Kala ko ba sa Ateneo sya?

muddatrucker
01-11-2007, 07:55 PM
^ He's a senior in Ateneo High School who will be suiting up for the Maroons next season.

flsfnoeraekadad
01-11-2007, 08:42 PM
^ He's a senior in Ateneo High School who will be suiting up for the Maroons next season.
Sureshot na ba yon?

muddatrucker
01-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Hindi na siya nag tryout for Ateneo and sabi sa Oblation Nation, gustong gusto siya ni Joe Lipa.

pio_valenz
01-11-2007, 10:49 PM
Sureshot na ba yon?

Technically, hanggat hindi pa enrolled ang bata sa UP, hindi pa sure shot. Ang masasabi ko lang, he has been religiously attending UP practices at the UP Gym, so religious that upon arriving from the US last Monday, he went straight from the airport to the UP Gym to attend practice. Ayan, nagka-cramps tuloy. :D

Let's just put it this way: it's probably safe to say that as of now, UP is his first choice. The Maroon coaching staff, on the other hand, has also shown great interest in having him play for the Maroon and Green next season. I personally don't want to jinx anything by saying that he's a sureshot, so I'll just say that Mike Gamboa and UP have expressed a mutual interest in each other. :)

flsfnoeraekadad
01-11-2007, 10:50 PM
Eh papano yung partner nya, si Bacon? Sa UP din o sa Ateneo? Hindi kaya sya i-boo ng matindi ng Ateneo crowd tulad nung ginawa nila kay BJ?

pio_valenz
01-11-2007, 10:54 PM
AFAIK, and the Ateneo faithful can correct me if I'm wrong (but I don't think I am), Bacon has tried out for Ateneo and Ateneo only. And from what I've heard, he stands a good chance of making the team next season.

As for the booing, if the posts over a the BEN are any indication, I'd say the Ateneo fans will generally support Gamboa's decision, although of course I'm sure they'd love to see the kid suit up for the Blue Eagles. Without meaning to make this a backhanded compliment, the Ateneo-La Salle rivally is on a different plane altogether compared to the perceived Ateneo-UP rivalry. Over the years, madami na din kasing naging "hybrid" alumni, i.e., those who are products of both Katipunan schools.

israeli
01-11-2007, 10:59 PM
re: Bacon Austria, akala ko ba puno ang Ateneo Team A ngayon? will there be any realistic chance that Leo Austria's son will make it into Ateneo Team A this coming UAAP season?

hmmmm... so far, wala akong nababasa dito about "hyped" rookie prospects Dave Marcelo and Jonathan Banal. ano na bang balita sa kanila?

BLUE HORSE
01-12-2007, 12:02 AM
There are only 3 open spots on varsity this coming season due to the graduation of Escalona, Kramer and Intal.* Players from team A and B are all trying to impress the coaches that they deserve a spot on varsity.* Having said that, coach Black can decide to demote current varsity players infavor of more deserving players.* We will know by the time the summer FMC tournament if this scenario has come to pass as Team A is usually the same team that is fielded during the UAAP season.

Please read other threads concerning the unknown recruits, do not limit yourself to the UP or Ateneo site.* There has been a lively exchange about the destination of certain recruits. I wouldn't call Banal a hyped prospect compared to others. Worse case scenario is for Banal to go to SBC and toil in their team B until there is an open spot for him on varsity. SBC team B is deep among the 4/5 position players.

flsfnoeraekadad
01-12-2007, 12:16 AM
Saan na mapupunta si Luis Gonzaga. Peborit ko pa naman yon sa Eaglets. Silent worker kasi eh.

israeli
01-12-2007, 12:20 AM
hey fls! :)

ano na bang balita sa green side of things? any new prospect? ;)

bigfreeze_bibby
01-12-2007, 08:51 AM
Magandang chance yan kay Gamboa to play for UP. At least, puede na talaga mag-SG si Marvin na yun naman talaga yung desired position to play niya. Meron na siyang Gamboa na playmaker na puede magset up ng plays sa kanya. Based sa mga posts sa BEN, maganda improvement ni Bacon sa outside shooting niya, which means magiging malaking asset siya since mabilis ang adjustment niya from a front court guy to a wingman.

Jeep
01-12-2007, 09:12 AM
Eh papano yung partner nya, si Bacon? Sa UP din o sa Ateneo? Hindi kaya sya i-boo ng matindi ng Ateneo crowd tulad nung ginawa nila kay BJ?

i don't think he'll be booed. baka palakpakan pa ng ateneo community si mike -- if and when he enters the court in the maroon-and-green. i would certainly do so, being a UP grad myself.

many lasallites i've talked to could not for the life of them understand why that guy received the condescension and derision he did, as with JV gayoso years before (although happily JV returned), from the ateneo fans. hope you understand that, for any atenean worth his salt, especially for those who've been in the ateneo since grade school, going over to DLSU --much less donning the green-and-white on the hardcourt -- is something that he shouldn't even think of. hope you don't take it personally, flsfnoeraekadad. that's just the way it is.

as for bacon, by all indications, he will play for the blue eagles.

BigBlue
01-12-2007, 09:34 AM
BJ was a different case. At the time he was recruited, he was heralded as the future of philippine basketball by none other than Chot Reyes. Grade school pa lang, inaabangan na yan. A player that good was just what the Seniors team needed, a team which at that time was beginning to break out of the dark ages with the UAAP ROY, Enrico Villanueva. BJ would have been a perfect fit for a team that badly needed a PG. Kaya't ganun na lang ang hinanakit ng mga atenista nang malaman nilang sa kabila pupunta ang kanilang kinaaabangan na player.

For Mike, though of course we'd want him to play for the blue and white, we know that he has a better opportunity in Diliman. We all know that there's a logjam of small guards for the Blue Eagles, and the most probable time for him to be able to be able to contribute significantly would be at least two years from now, by that time he'd be competing for slots with another up-and-comer, a player with a much more natural talent, isa ding matagal nang inaabangan, JV Dumrique.

flsfnoeraekadad
01-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Israeli: Si Ferdi lang ang alam ko eh, kasi parang kumpleto na yung lineup. Ewan, pero mukhang marami pang alas na nakatago si Bigote. And DLSU is eyeing for two excellent recruits (from what I heard and read of) that will sure boost the lineup, ayoko lang magsalita baka bawal palang sabihin pero alam ko kung sino ang dalawang ito dahil namention na sa akin.

Regarding the lineup of the Archers, magkakaroon pa naman din daw ng tryouts at magagalaw pa yung roster pero tingin ko eh mga third stringers na lang ang pagtatalunan dun. Kasi buo na yung 1-10 eh. Things will be shaken up pero sa lower spots na lang. Unless something of a major BS goes on, yung first at second five na ng Archers sa HGC ang makikita nyo for July 07.

i don't think he'll be booed. baka palakpakan pa ng ateneo community si mike -- if and when he enters the court in the maroon-and-green. i would certainly do so, being a UP grad myself.

many lasallites i've talked to could not for the life of them understand why that guy received the condescension and derision he did, as with JV gayoso years before (although happily JV returned), from the ateneo fans. hope you understand that, for any atenean worth his salt, especially for those who've been in the ateneo since grade school, going over to DLSU --much less donning the green-and-white on the hardcourt -- is something that he shouldn't even think of. hope you don't take it personally, flsfnoeraekadad. that's just the way it is.

No problem with that.

israeli
01-12-2007, 03:38 PM
fls: is there really a need for La Salle to draft new rookies when fact tells us that it is, perhaps, the most stable team in the UAAP today other than champion team UST? kahit na hindi na kumuha ng rookie prospects ang DLSU, it will still a force to reckon with in UAAP basketball unless may mga aalis from the La Salle line-up this year.

so far, lumalabas na ang UST at La Salle lang ang wala masyadong balita as far as rookie prospects are concerned dahil sa almost intact ang mga line-ups nila. the only teams that are battling it out in the rookie acquisition game are UP, Ateneo and FEU (i don't know about Adamson, UE and NU).

GHRanger
01-12-2007, 04:22 PM
IMHO, I think La Salle still needs to scout around for talent in order to have continuity with the program. We can't also discount injuries (knock on wood), personal decisions, etc. And I guess in the same way with other schools, regular players may be knocked out or red shirted in favor of newer recruits or team b players.

As FLS stated: As far as next year's composition is concerned, I think there is 1 open slot up for grabs (most likely to be Ferdinand - LSGH.)

flsfnoeraekadad
01-12-2007, 06:04 PM
fls: is there really a need for La Salle to draft new rookies when fact tells us that it is, perhaps, the most stable team in the UAAP today other than champion team UST? kahit na hindi na kumuha ng rookie prospects ang DLSU, it will still a force to reckon with in UAAP basketball unless may mga aalis from the La Salle line-up this year.

so far, lumalabas na ang UST at La Salle lang ang wala masyadong balita as far as rookie prospects are concerned dahil sa almost intact ang mga line-ups nila. the only teams that are battling it out in the rookie acquisition game are UP, Ateneo and FEU (i don't know about Adamson, UE and NU).
Ferdinand is the most sure rookie that I know La Salle will lock for UAAP 70. Other than that siguro idadaan sa tryouts or magkakaroon ng shuffling sa Team A and Team B based sa performance, pero sure na sa third stringers pa din magaganap ang shuffling, given nothing strange in the upper echelon of the team (starters, second wave of players) happens. Other than that, tingin ko wala masyado mangyayari sa player spot 1-10 (rank importance and talent brought to the team) because the players from the Archers' 1-10 roster space are all startable players and can all finish games for the team.

binocular
01-12-2007, 08:20 PM
Israeli: Si Ferdi lang ang alam ko eh, kasi parang kumpleto na yung lineup. Ewan, pero mukhang marami pang alas na nakatago si Bigote. And DLSU is eyeing for two excellent recruits (from what I heard and read of) that will sure boost the lineup, ayoko lang magsalita baka bawal palang sabihin pero alam ko kung sino ang dalawang ito dahil namention na sa akin.

Regarding the lineup of the Archers, magkakaroon pa naman din daw ng tryouts at magagalaw pa yung roster pero tingin ko eh mga third stringers na lang ang pagtatalunan dun. Kasi buo na yung 1-10 eh. Things will be shaken up pero sa lower spots na lang. Unless something of a major BS goes on, yung first at second five na ng Archers sa HGC ang makikita nyo for July 07.

No problem with that.

maglalaro na ba yung carson twins?goodluck sa recruiting niyo..your doing a good job getting the players you REALLY need.

flsfnoeraekadad
01-12-2007, 10:54 PM

No problem with that.

maglalaro na ba yung carson twins?goodluck sa recruiting niyo..your doing a good job getting the players you REALLY need.
Carson Twins? Hmm ewan ko. Sila FGT lang may alam nun eh.

Sam Miguel
01-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Mike Gamboa has not been at any of the Ateneo tryouts so I guess he's really headed elsewhere. Some of the people "in Da Nose" have told me he's been practising regularly with the varsity aspirants there. We wish him all the best and thank you very much for the Season 69 Championship.

Luis Lorenzo "Tonino" Gonzaga has shown a lot of skill and huge heart in the ongoing Blue Eagles tryouts. He was a 5/4 in the Juniors game but has the skills to be a solid perimeter player with a consistent jumpshot and great slashing. He also brings solid fundamentals, something he got from Jamike Jarin and Ron "Rapsa" Camara. He looks like a more talented version of Bajjie Del Rosario and is a little taller at 5-foot-11.

israeli
01-15-2007, 11:54 PM
hmmmmm... how come we haven't heard of any rookie prospect from an NCAA school making the rounds of all basketball tryouts that are opened by UAAP schools? ???

also, anong balita sa NU? ;D

5FootCarrot
01-16-2007, 07:30 AM
hmmmmm... how come we haven't heard of any rookie prospect from an NCAA school making the rounds of all basketball tryouts that are opened by UAAP schools? ???
Perhaps it's because the NCAA college recruiters are doing their darnedest to make sure that these talents don't cross over to the UAAP. Because, you know, they need to recruit, too. Apparently, recruiting is like shaving - you have to do it every day or else you will look like a bum. Or so someone said ;D

also, anong balita sa NU? ;D
OK lang sila, thanks for asking :P Seriously, though, if you look at the teams that NU fields in the off-season tournaments, you will see that the school seems to use these tournaments as tryouts for their prospects (yes, they do have them). I don't think NU fields the exact same team two games in a row except in the UAAP :o

BLUE HORSE
01-16-2007, 08:02 AM

Ang hina naman ng radar mo or you are to lazy to read the different post in the various school foras here in gameface.* *:P* Wawa ka naman kaya I will help you out with a quick recap:

LSGH star Ferdinand is sealed, signed and delivered for LaSalle.* He may be the only new addition to the current LaSalle varsity team.

Letran star,Julius Wong, is making the tryout rounds.* He had several dinners in Katipunan but found to many current and former blue eaglet players in the dinner table.

Wing player Elvin Pascual of PCU is making good use of the LRT having made stops according to the rumor mill in Espana and Taft.

Dave Marcelo of SBC is like Erap.* He is under house arrest in Taytay.* Lagot ang mga bantay niya sa Lion nation kapag nakatakas.* *:D

Walang recruitable mula sa Mapua at Perpetual Help.* One does not field a team and the other is the NCAA version of NU.* *:o

JRU had 2 players chosen in the mythical 5 in Raycom Kabigting and Carlo Lituania.* No news where they are going.

Baste won the championship but their players are not available to be recruited.*Going for a three-peat before they bid good bye to the Valenzona family.* Heh heh heh heh!* ** ???

israeli
01-16-2007, 10:59 AM
^ hindi naman. wala lang ako masyadong balita sa NCAA (kasi hindi ako masyadong nakakapagbasa sa ibang threads dito, to be honest with you. hehehe!), except maybe for LSGH's Ferdinand, who is suiting up for the Green Archers this year (na sinasabing sobrang obsessed daw kay Franz Pumaren he wanted to have Franz as his first name since Indonesian nationals like him only have single names). ;D

natawa naman ako dun sa hirit mo regarding Dave Marcelo. if i remember it correctly, sinabi nung bata na if he will things his way, he would have Ateneo and UP as alternatives to San Beda. mukhang hindi na nga yata papakawalan pa ni MVP na mapunta pa yung bata sa Philcoa kaya ayun, sabi mo nga eh naka-house arrest sa Taytay si Dave. :P

si Elvin Pascual? hmmmmmmm... so mukhang interesado nga ang UST sa kanya? :o

mukhang natauhan na nga ang mga nasa NCAA regarding their high school standouts making transitions to the UAAP for their college basketball lives. trying to live the UAAP vs NCAA competition as far as which is the more prestigious collegiate league in the Philippines is concerned? :o ;D

LION
01-16-2007, 11:34 AM

Dave Marcelo of SBC is like Erap. *He is under house arrest in Taytay. *Lagot ang mga bantay niya sa Lion nation kapag nakatakas. * :D

Hindi lahat ng tao gustong maging Atenista o La Sallista. *Hindi lahat ng Red Cubs gustong iwan ang San Beda. *

Let us not belittle San Beda's inherent capacity to to convince its own students *and *Dave Marcelo's ability to decide for himself. Para namang lahat ng high school graduates ng San Beda e gustong gustong lumipat ng eskwelahan at pumasok ng Ateneo at La Salle.

If the UAAP schools cling to the idea that all Red Cubs are dying to play for them, then so be it.* **

Like I said, no one is guarding or preventing Dave from attending the try-outs of the UAAP and other NCAA schools.

Bluewing, maybe you are just kidding but regardless, this Bedan sees the need to clarify your post.

Peace out!* * :)

Israeli, believe it or not, MVP is not the factor in the case of Marcelo.* All that Marcelo asked is a sure slot in our Team A.* *No more, no less.*

israeli
01-16-2007, 11:53 AM
^ well, mabuti na rin na nanggaling yan sa 'yo. ;)

since we're talking about Marcelo here, has he tried out in other schools, most especially in UAAP-member ones, or he's just sticking with San Beda?

the improvement in San Beda's stature among NCAA members made the competition for priced rookie prospects even more intense. the competition between the UAAP and the NCAA might just cause the focus to shift from priced rookie prospects out of Metro Manila to untapped basketball talent in the provinces. oh well... i don't know. i could be wrong. ???

LION
01-16-2007, 02:14 PM
^ Hindi namin alam kung nakapag try out o nakapag practice na siya sa ibang eskwelahan. In fact, I honestly thought that he already practiced with the Blue Eagles because Sam Miguel posted his stats in the Ateneo thread concerning open try outs. And note that we did not even ask Marcelo to explain why he "practiced" with the Ateneans. If we did, e di nalaman sana namin na hindi naman pala totoo. Nakuryente pala ako dun.

Regarding competition for talents, I think the emerging trend now is to go international. Dito mas lamang ang NCAA dahil 1 year residency lang ang kailangan. We all know that the UAAP's rules are more stringent when it comes to foreigners playing in the UAAP.

Yung local talents kasi kahit nasa probinsiya at kahit nasa 2nd year HS palang e scouted na at pinag aagawan na.

flsfnoeraekadad
01-16-2007, 11:40 PM
^ hindi naman. wala lang ako masyadong balita sa NCAA (kasi hindi ako masyadong nakakapagbasa sa ibang threads dito, to be honest with you. hehehe!), except maybe for LSGH's Ferdinand, who is suiting up for the Green Archers this year (na sinasabing sobrang obsessed daw kay Franz Pumaren he wanted to have Franz as his first name since Indonesian nationals like him only have single names). ;D
Oh well I woke up tonight and said I
I'm gonna make somebody love me
And now I know, now I know, now I know
I know that it's you
You're lucky, lucky
You're so lucky!

;D

israeli
01-17-2007, 12:05 AM
I know that it's you
You're lucky, lucky
You're so lucky!

;D

I should be so lucky
Lucky, lucky, lucky
I should be so lucky in love
I should be so lucky
Lucky, lucky, lucky

;D

hmmmm... si Ferdie... natuloy na nga ba yung paggamit niya ng name na Franz? ??? :o

lekiboy
01-17-2007, 07:09 AM
[

Hindi lahat ng tao gustong maging Atenista o La Sallista. *

bwahahaha..... this made my day!!!

MonL
01-17-2007, 07:54 AM
^ Hindi namin alam kung nakapag try out o nakapag practice na siya sa ibang eskwelahan.* In fact, I honestly* thought that he already practiced with the Blue Eagles* because Sam Miguel posted his stats in the Ateneo thread concerning open try outs.* And note that we did not even ask Marcelo to explain why he "practiced" with the Ateneans.* If we did, e di nalaman sana namin na hindi naman pala totoo. Nakuryente pala ako dun.

Regarding competition for talents, I think the emerging trend now is to go international. Dito mas lamang ang NCAA dahil 1 year residency lang ang kailangan.* We all know that the UAAP's rules are more stringent when it comes to foreigners playing in the UAAP.*

Yung local talents kasi kahit nasa probinsiya at kahit nasa 2nd year HS palang e scouted na at pinag aagawan na.*

Don't worry, pare, di halatang nakuryente ka, maikli kasi ang tabas ng iyong hok-bu.* ;D

Just like in the American scene, there may come a time in our shores that not even a bush league/barangay tournament in some distant provincial region may escape the eyes of scouts from big time collegiate programs looking for prospects. It's already gravitating towards that here, with Metro Manila schools' pursuit of players from noted provincial leagues. Hence we have teams with "veteran" rookies as an ordinary occurrence.

LION
01-17-2007, 08:00 AM
[

Hindi lahat ng tao gustong maging Atenista o La Sallista. *

bwahahaha..... this made my day!!!

Lekat, nasa China ka na nga e humihirit ka pa.

5FootCarrot
01-17-2007, 10:01 AM
hmmmm... si Ferdie... natuloy na nga ba yung paggamit niya ng name na Franz? ??? :o
Diyosme.

As far as I know, the idea of Ferdinand taking on Franz Pumaren's first name was only a joke. (Franz Ferdinand is the name of a past Archduke of Austria, whose assassination triggered World War I, and also of a modern-day British rock band.)

Of course, it's also possible that someone came across the joke in Atenista.Net and actually thought it was a good idea. ::)

JonarSabilano
01-17-2007, 10:35 AM
I know that it's you
You're lucky, lucky
You're so lucky!

;D

Here we are at the transmission party,
I love your friends, they're all so arty...

JonarSabilano
01-17-2007, 10:40 AM
I know that it's you
You're lucky, lucky
You're so lucky!

;D

Here we are at the transmission party,
I love your friends, they're all so arty...

Gusto ko ang Franz Ferdinand. Pero OT lang: "Michael" is so gay. ;D

flsfnoeraekadad
01-17-2007, 02:59 PM
I know that it's you
You're lucky, lucky
You're so lucky!

;D

I should be so lucky
Lucky, lucky, lucky
I should be so lucky
Lucky, lucky, lucky

;D

Did I see you in a limousine
Flinging out the fish and the unleavened
Turn the rich into wine
Walk on the mean
For the fallen are the virtuous among us
Walk among us
Never judge us
Yeah we're all...

;D

Hmm, hindi ko alam. Pero magandang combo ito. Kailangan mag-harness ng magandang relationship si Franz saka si Ferdinand para sure shot ang coach-player combo na "Franz Ferdinand" sa Archers hehehe.

OT: Ok si Franz Ferdinand, trip ko music nya hehehehe.

muddatrucker
01-17-2007, 05:32 PM

Music nila.

Ngayon pa lang naiimagine ko na yung player introductions "Fraaaaaaaaaannnnzz Feeeerrrdinaaaaaaaannnd!" :D

flsfnoeraekadad
01-17-2007, 05:55 PM

Music nila.

Ngayon pa lang naiimagine ko na yung player introductions "Fraaaaaaaaaannnnzz Feeeerrrdinaaaaaaaannnd!" :D

Bwahahahahahahaha!!! Tapos pag player introductions na ng Archers, yung kanta ni Franz Ferdinand na "Do You Want To" ang kanta. Astig yun hahaha!!! ;D

JonarSabilano
01-17-2007, 06:38 PM

Music nila.

Ngayon pa lang naiimagine ko na yung player introductions "Fraaaaaaaaaannnnzz Feeeerrrdinaaaaaaaannnd!"* :D

Bwahahahahahahaha!!! Tapos pag player introductions na ng Archers, yung kanta ni Franz Ferdinand na "Do You Want To" ang kanta. Astig yun hahaha!!! ;D

Pwede ring "Take Me Out." ;D

Tapos, kapag UP naman...

"Marooooooooon Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!"

flsfnoeraekadad
01-17-2007, 10:05 PM
Pag Ateneo naman eh Black Sabbath ang patutugtugin. Rakenrol to the max yun hahahaha. Ozzzzyyyyyy. ;D

JonarSabilano
01-18-2007, 09:23 AM
Pag Ateneo naman eh Black Sabbath ang patutugtugin. Rakenrol to the max yun hahahaha. Ozzzzyyyyyy. ;D

Ayos. Art rock versus hard rock. Hehehe.

Puwede ring "Seven Nation Army" ng White Stripes. Theme song ng Azzuri 'yun e.

danny
01-19-2007, 03:02 AM
Pasingit lang ha.

Ala yan sa lolo ko. ;D

Anak ng tipaklong...sabi ni lolo, yung Red Army ,* "Internationale" daw ang titirahin? :D

Bangong sa pagkakabusabos * * * *(aba napirata daw kasi ng husto ;))
Bangon alipin ng gutom * * * * * * * *(gutom pa din sa Championship)
Katarungay PULANG sasabog* * * * (giving justice to the NCAA crown..at binabawi lang naman ang
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *mga* napiratang bagay bagay..alam niyo na....)
Sa huling paghuhukom!* * * * * * * * *(A eto naman..katapusan na ng mundo. ;D)

* .... o ha!

Pero sabi ni lola ,"Huwag naman ganyan....pang subersibo yan... basketball lang."
Payo pa ni lola, "Revolution Rock na lang ng The Clash." :D

Back to the topic:

Huwag na si Dave Marcelo. Huwag na.* Dami namang pwede pa diyan.

danny
01-19-2007, 03:09 AM
^ Hindi namin alam kung nakapag try out o nakapag practice na siya sa ibang eskwelahan.* In fact, I honestly* thought that he already practiced with the Blue Eagles* because Sam Miguel posted his stats in the Ateneo thread concerning open try outs.* And note that we did not even ask Marcelo to explain why he "practiced" with the Ateneans.* If we did, e di nalaman sana namin na hindi naman pala totoo. Nakuryente pala ako dun.

hehehe....
:D

JonarSabilano
01-19-2007, 10:01 AM
Pasingit lang ha.

Ala yan sa lolo ko. ;D

Anak ng tipaklong...sabi ni lolo, yung Red Army ,* "Internationale" daw ang titirahin? :D

Bangong sa pagkakabusabos * * * *(aba napirata daw kasi ng husto ;))
Bangon alipin ng gutom * * * * * * * *(gutom pa din sa Championship)
Katarungay PULANG sasabog* * * * (giving justice to the NCAA crown..at binabawi lang naman ang
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *mga* napiratang bagay bagay..alam niyo na....)
Sa huling paghuhukom!* * * * * * * * *(A eto naman..katapusan na ng mundo. ;D)

* .... o ha!

Pero sabi ni lola ,"Huwag naman ganyan....pang subersibo yan... basketball lang."
Payo pa ni lola, "Revolution Rock na lang ng The Clash." :D

Back to the topic:

Huwag na si Dave Marcelo. Huwag na.* Dami namang pwede pa diyan.

'Takte. Natawa ako dun, ah. ;D Pero mas bagay yata sa UP 'yun...

redlion123
01-19-2007, 11:49 AM
exposure wise oo bagay si dave sa UP...kasi siya lang ang centro eh...pero magbenefit ba siya in the long run? i dont think so..coaching wise mas maalagaan siya sa SBC (asst. coach f. abuda)..may pbl team for 2 years.

ano nangyari kay pascual ng PCU? ust na ba siya?

mighty_lion
01-19-2007, 01:10 PM
exposure wise oo bagay si dave sa UP...kasi siya lang ang centro eh...pero magbenefit ba siya in the long run? i dont think so..coaching wise mas maalagaan siya sa SBC (asst. coach f. abuda)..may pbl team for 2 years.

ano nangyari kay pascual ng PCU? ust na ba siya?

UP has lot of players and incoming players who plays with lot of ball touches on offense. Marvin Cruz, Gamboa, de Asis, Co, Reyes & Co. I think Marcelo will not fit that much with the UP system because thier offense is heavily driven by guards and forwards. He might just be limited to the role of blocking shots, rebounding and put-back scoring.

As for Pascual, PCU needs his services. It will be good to see a match-up of him against Marcelo. :D Though I'd say, Pascual should fit the UP rebuilding team than UST. I certainly doubt if Pascual would have quality playing minutes in UST in his first 2 years.

israeli
01-20-2007, 12:05 AM
Sir pio_valenz mentioned in one of the threads in Oblation Thread that Marvin Cruz might not be suiting up for the UP Fighting Maroons this coming season. although i am hoping that Marvin Cruz would reconsider his decision (if ever he does leave UP), Marvin's place would be filled by rookies Mike Gamboa and Dexter Rosales and, maybe, a third point guard who we might know later on. ???

as for Elvin Pascual, wala akong naririnig na ibang balita about him other than him being scouted by UST and PCU doing its best to retain the kid in Taft.

john_paul_manahan
01-20-2007, 06:10 AM
why would marvin do that? it would bode him well if he suits up... he'd take the pressure off the shooters and most especially mike g

Semenelin
01-22-2007, 01:49 PM
sa nakikita ko, he wants to get drafted as soon as his stock is up because he is injury prone. Lot's of times have we heard that he gets all these minor injuries. if he goes to the draft healthy, the better for him. maybe he is worried he might get injuried again making him un-attractive to pro teams.

kurokuro ko lng po ;)

admu14
01-25-2007, 02:15 AM
any news on where paguia and rivera would end up? i think admu is interested in getting these two guys..they could definitely help with the departure of jc and doug..

fujima04
01-25-2007, 08:11 AM
^Are you referring to Soc Rivera? If indeed, I read somewhere that he would play for FEU.

admu14
01-25-2007, 11:05 AM
^Are you referring to Soc Rivera? If indeed, I read somewhere that he would play for FEU.

a sad development for admu if that is the case. i hope we coudl bag paguia, instead.

tamarawz_14
02-01-2007, 07:51 PM
same as Rivera. paguia will also play for the tams... pero nanghihinayang ako kay dexter rosales bakit sya pinakawalan ng FEU.... nasan na ba sila Russel yaya and ung younger brother ni RB mangahas both of them at least 6-4 .. nasa line-up sila ng FEU baby tams last 2005..

glock23
02-02-2007, 02:20 PM
why would marvin do that? it would bode him well if he suits up... he'd take the pressure off the shooters and most especially mike g

marvin was taken out of the team for alledged "miscommunication" with the nose! in fact word is that the whole team is being "disbanded" Ala- FEU! maybe someone from UP can help shed light on the matter.

ai_linn
02-02-2007, 03:08 PM
i wonder why marvin cruz do that. Eh napakagaling niyang player....sayang naman kung magkakaganon. I predicted pa naman na makakasama na sila sa final four. Kaya pa kaya nila ngayong mawawala na siya?

BigBlue
02-02-2007, 03:10 PM
i wonder why marvin cruz do that. Eh napakagaling niyang player....sayang naman kung magkakaganon. I predicted pa naman na makakasama na sila sa final four. Kaya pa kaya nila ngayong mawawala na siya?

marvin cruz is doing that because he's that good a player. good enough to join the next PBA draft. though my personal take is one more year in the UAAP would do him better, not to showcase his talent, but rather showcase his leadership. IMO this is something he does need to prove.

but, without him, its going to be a guaranteed breakout year for our boy mike g.

Mateen Cleaves
02-02-2007, 03:21 PM
marvin was taken out of the team for alledged "miscommunication" with the nose! in fact word is that the whole team is being "disbanded" Ala- FEU! maybe someone from UP can help shed light on the matter.

Please feel free to visit the Oblation Nation (http://www.gameface.ph/forums/index.php?board=5.0). The "Back to Work..." thread covers the latest developments on the UP Men's Basketball Team and should give you the light you're looking for... You can probably start with this page: http://www.gameface.ph/forums/index.php?topic=989.105

pio_valenz
02-02-2007, 05:33 PM

marvin was taken out of the team for alledged "miscommunication" with the nose! in fact word is that the whole team is* being "disbanded" Ala- FEU! maybe someone from UP can help shed light on the matter.

The whole team is playing in the FMC3. They all practiced last night. How can they be disbanded?

john_paul_manahan
02-03-2007, 04:39 AM
baka ang ibig-sabihin nun there are no certain locks... parang the guys like vj and migs have to earn their spots in season 70.

it is prolly not a major concern... up will make a run in season 70.

pio_valenz
02-05-2007, 03:27 PM
^I think Migs, Martin, VJ, Woody, Vicmel, and Magi are all assured of a roster spot. Among the recruits, Mike Gamboa, Dexter Rosales, and Mark Lopez also have virtually clinched their roster spots. No, it was never a case of everyone, including the holdovers, having to go through tryouts all over again. When the tryouts were held last December 12-14, only aspirants scrimmaged against each other while the holdovers worked out at an adjacent court. There was a clear division among the "haves" and "have-nots", so to speak.

glock23
02-05-2007, 03:31 PM
^I think Migs, Martin, VJ, Woody, Vicmel, and Magi are all assured of a roster spot. Among the recruits, Mike Gamboa, Dexter Rosales, and Mark Lopez also have virtually clinched their roster spots. No, it was never a case of everyone, including the holdovers, having to go through tryouts all over again. When the tryouts were held last December 12-14, only aspirants scrimmaged against each other while the holdovers worked out at an adjacent court. There was a clear division among the "haves" and "have-nots", so to speak.

was marvin there during practice for the FMC3?

pio_valenz
02-05-2007, 04:10 PM
^Nope. I think it's been discussed in great length already over at the Oblation Nation that Marvin won't be coming back next season.

Mhel_Garrido
02-14-2007, 04:16 PM
Just saw the UP Maroons lose to PCU Dasma last saturday. I was surprised coz i saw Mike Gamboa already playing for them. that explains why he is the only Blue Eaglet not playing in the FMC3. Funny thing is that i just got to read this thread about him. Well i believe it is the best choice for him since the Eagles already have Jai, Monfort and Salamat as the guards and between him and ALec Rivera i believe Alec is the better PG. Mike is arguably the better scorer.

Anyway, i admire the discussion regarding the other recruits here. Keep it up guys just share the things you have been hearing.
Thanks

Joescoundrel
04-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Mhel drop by ka sa practise ng Lady Eagles para makita mo mga bagong bayani.

casual_observer
04-21-2007, 06:08 PM
hi! :)

it seems like the biggest recruitment news in the UAAP so far is UP's latest catch of eight priced rookie prospects- Mike Gamboa, Soc Rivera, Julius Wong, Dexter Rosales, Mark Lopez, Jomar Paulino, Kyle Yulo and Cyron Lozano-, all courtesy of legendary coach Joe Lipa and his wards in the coaching staff. ;D

casual_observer
04-22-2007, 01:40 AM
read in PEx and in atenista.net rumors that La Salle has recruited Adamson Baby Falcons alumni Jeff Olalia and Ken Acibar. any word on that guys, most especially from the people coming from La Salle and Adamson?

--addition--

read in PEx (on the Aciba/Olalia goes to DLSU thread) that UST would not pursue Elvin Pascual anymore as the kid decided to stick it out with PCU and that Erwin Duran will stay with UE.

treblig
04-24-2007, 12:47 AM
i guess pascual should reconsider his decision to stick it out with PCU. Just today, PCU has been suspended from the 83rd Season of the NCAA. He better go back to UST now or he might just pop-up somewhere in Taft Avenue? Two sister schools south of Taft might grab the guy

JonarSabilano
04-24-2007, 08:55 AM
i guess pascual should reconsider his decision to stick it out with PCU. Just today, PCU has been suspended from the 83rd Season of the NCAA. He better go back to UST now or he might just pop-up somewhere in Taft Avenue? Two sister schools south of Taft might grab the guy

I don't think the bigger Taft school would have room for Pascual in its lineup. They've got a surplus of bigs there. On the other hand, the one across the street definitely needs a quality 5.

...Of course, he can always join Rabeh in our hilltop. ;D

casual_observer
04-24-2007, 01:07 PM
some more "news" on the recruitment battle:

* it is now confirmed that Adamson Baby Falcons alumni Ken Acibar and Jeff Olalia have joined the DLSU Green Archers. both of the guys are already practicing with DLSU Team B and would be playing in the Nike Summer League wearing green and white.

* FEU-FERN's Jonathan Banal, son of former San Beda Red Lions and FEU Tamaraws coach Koy Banal, will play for the Mapua Cardinals.

pio_valenz
04-24-2007, 01:53 PM

I don't think the bigger Taft school would have room for Pascual in its lineup. They've got a surplus of bigs there. On the other hand, the one across the street definitely needs a quality 5.

...Of course, he can always join Rabeh in our hilltop.* ;D

If I were a UAAP or NCAA school, I wouldn't touch Pascual just yet. Apparently, the identity switching was just the tip of the iceberg, and PCU was guilty of several other violations not just in juniors basketball but in other sports as well. And yes, Pascual is said to be one of those with questionable records.

casual_observer
04-24-2007, 01:58 PM
^ kawawang Pascual. this recent scandal involving PCU is really going to hurt his chances of pursuing a basketball career. so, paano yan, pio? nakatengga na lang ba muna siya sa PCU?

AnthonyServinio
04-24-2007, 03:42 PM

If I were a UAAP or NCAA school, I wouldn't touch Pascual just yet. Apparently, the identity switching was just the tip of the iceberg, and PCU was guilty of several other violations not just in juniors basketball but in other sports as well. And yes, Pascual is said to be one of those with questionable records.

* * *You have to ascertain first if you are dealing with the real Elvin Pascual and not his cousin or next door neighbor in the province!* *::) :D

casual_observer
04-24-2007, 03:46 PM
^ ooooppppssss! ;D

hmmmmmmmm... i am wondering what's in the mind of the UST coaching staff right now. i guess they are so lucky Pascual decided to stick it out with PCU for the meantime. :o :D

pio_valenz
04-24-2007, 06:41 PM

* * *You have to ascertain first if you are dealing with the real Elvin Pascual and not his cousin or next door neighbor in the province!* *::) :D

Anthony, based on what I've heard, Pascual's case does not involve identity switching. Mukhang Elvin Pascual talaga ang pangalan niya. Ang kaso, hindi matiyak kung hanggang aling grade ba ang natapos niya. ;)

tamarawz_14
04-26-2007, 01:50 PM
hans khuttel included sa line-up ng tams sa filoil-flying v tournament....

darkwing
04-28-2007, 09:25 AM
I'm sure schools from the UAAP are rushing to convince Pascual to transfer to their respective teams, ang tanong,sino kaya ang magwawagi?abangan.... ;D

Kid Cubao
04-28-2007, 10:17 AM
after the identity switching scandal, college coaches would be wise to decide for themselves whether they are willing to put up with the extra burden of due diligence for prospects coming out of PCU high school. kung ako lang, hangga't di naaayos ang puno't dulo ng pandarayang ginawa ng pamantasang ito, HUWAG MUNA SILANG MAMINGWIT NG MGA MANLALARO DYAN.*

casual_observer
04-28-2007, 02:13 PM
^ correct. ;)

for now, the PCU juniors team is similar to a person inflicted with a highly communicable disease- avoided and isolated. perhaps no coach in his right mind would draft a player from an institution that is currently under the microscope due to the scandal that it has gone into nowadays, thanks to players who switched identities and school officials who have conspired with them.

sabihin na lang natin na magiging panis na itlog si Pascual dahil sa kalokohan na pinasok ng ilang teammates niya. his college basketball dream is just as good as dead, thanks to PCU's suspension and impending expulsion from the NCAA.

maswerte rin ang UST at naisip nito na 'wag ligawan si Pascual. ;D

AnthonyServinio
05-02-2007, 04:22 AM
* * *Let's look at the bright side of things.* It's true that the basketball future of the members of the 2006 PCU-Union High Baby Dolphins has been darkened by scandal.

* * *But then, it is possible to rise from this adversity.* The example I will give happened in the UAAP albeit another sport outside of basketball -- Juniper Primero, who assumed the identity of a certain Allan Bitun in order to play catcher for the Philippine team that won but was later stripped of the 1992 Little League World Series, managed to land a playing slot for the Adamson Falcons Baseball varsity using his true credentials.

bchoter
05-02-2007, 06:34 PM
casual_o how sure are you na naisip ng UST na wag ng ligawan si Pascual? And are you even sure there was any ligawan at all. You keep dropping that line like you know something that we dont'. Care to enlighten us about the UST-Pascual ligawan thing because you seem to be in the know.

casual_observer
05-02-2007, 06:58 PM
^ hindi ba't yun ang nakalagay sa PEx? ??? ::)

MonL
05-02-2007, 07:46 PM
I'm sure schools from the UAAP are rushing to convince Pascual to transfer to their respective teams, ang tanong,sino kaya ang magwawagi?abangan.... ;D

The best thing that Pascual can do is to prove to anyone willing to take a gamble on him, in light of the scandal, that he IS who he says he is. He is fresh out of high school, hence have no residency issues to any school that takes him in and will be a shoo-in in anyone's roster for the coming season. A little extra effort at due diligence may be all the difference in a season. To a school taking the initiative at doing this and finding no adverse findings against him, putting him in their Team A is a no-brainer.* Academics na lang ang X-factor.

Kaya ang tanong: sa UAAP lang ba ang ligawan?*At ang player ba ang nililigawan o ang nanliligaw? *;D

lekiboy
05-02-2007, 09:05 PM

The best thing that Pascual can do is to prove to anyone willing to take a gamble on him, in light of the scandal, that he IS who he says he is. He is fresh out of high school, hence have no residency issues to any school that takes him in and will be a shoo-in in anyone's roster for the coming season. A little extra effort at due diligence may be all the difference in a season. To a school taking the initiative at doing this and finding no adverse findings against him, putting him in their Team A is a no-brainer.* Academics na lang ang X-factor.

Kaya ang tanong: sa UAAP lang ba ang ligawan?*At ang player ba ang nililigawan o ang nanliligaw? *;D

what a question, MonL? parang isang malaking palaisipan sa madla.... ;D ;D

sino ang magbibigay ng matamis na "OO"?

LION
05-03-2007, 07:04 AM
Right now, Pascual and his father are on a mission to rise from this adversity. I tend to agree with Anthony here.

The kid should not be ostracized just because some of his PCU mates committed irregularities. If he knocks on a door, pleads his case, shows his worth as a player and as a person, then by all means that door should be opened. Don't let prejudice prevent any school from opening that door.

lekiboy
05-03-2007, 08:32 AM
Right now, Pascual and his father are on a mission to rise from this adversity. I tend to agree with Anthony here.*

The kid should not be ostracized just because some of his PCU mates committed irregularities. If he knocks on a door, pleads his case, shows his worth as a player and as a person, then by all means that door should be opened.* Don't let prejudice prevent any school from opening that door.

and he does not even have to plead his case if he has nothing to do with the brouhaha...kawawa talaga ang mga bata sa mga mapang abusong kapitalista...hehehehe... sabi ng bubwit ko si pascual daw nagpunta sa intramuros at espana....

para magkape. ;D

MonL
05-03-2007, 09:16 AM
Right now, Pascual and his father are on a mission to rise from this adversity. I tend to agree with Anthony here.*

The kid should not be ostracized just because some of his PCU mates committed irregularities. If he knocks on a door, pleads his case, shows his worth as a player and as a person, then by all means that door should be opened.* Don't let prejudice prevent any school from opening that door.

and he does not even have to plead his case if he has nothing to do with the brouhaha...kawawa talaga ang mga bata sa mga mapang abusong kapitalista...hehehehe... sabi ng bubwit ko si pascual daw nagpunta sa intramuros at espana....

para magkape.* ;D

..di ba naliko papunta sa...*mmmmpf*!!!!! *:-X

;D

mighty_lion
05-03-2007, 09:17 AM
Its unfair to judge Pascual guilty of same accusations gaya nung sa teammates nya. He is still innocent until proven. The guy has talent to excell in the sport we love to see.

Personally, mas bagay sya sa NU. 1-2 punch with Asoro, thats gonna be scary. *:o

lekiboy
05-03-2007, 09:23 AM

para magkape.* ;D

..di ba naliko papunta sa...*mmmmpf*!!!!! *:-X

;D

habang nagkakape... sabi ng bubwit ko ay napansin niyang naka pustura ( obsolete word reborn) daw ang binata at may dalang bulaklak at tsokolate... aba aba at may nililigawan yata!!!!!
kasama pa ang tatay!!!! ligaw ba ito o namamanhikan na?

LION
05-03-2007, 09:49 AM
^ Namanhikan na daw pare. Kumatok na sa pintuan eh. Pinapasok naman at pinakinggan. Inaalam pa daw kung tapat at totoo ang status ng bata. Nagsimula na daw na mag igib ng tubig kahapon. ;D

razor
05-03-2007, 01:41 PM
habang nagkakape... sabi ng bubwit ko ay napansin niyang naka pustura ( obsolete word reborn)* daw ang binata at may dalang bulaklak at tsokolate... aba aba at may nililigawan yata!!!!!
kasama pa ang tatay!!!! ligaw ba ito o namamanhikan na?* *

Ano daw kulay ng dalang bulalak? ;D

casual_observer
05-03-2007, 01:44 PM
^ hala! deretsuhin niyo na kaya kami dito. otherwise, PM niyo na lang sa akin ang detalye. ;) :D ;D

LION
05-03-2007, 01:46 PM
habang nagkakape... sabi ng bubwit ko ay napansin niyang naka pustura ( obsolete word reborn)* daw ang binata at may dalang bulaklak at tsokolate... aba aba at may nililigawan yata!!!!!
kasama pa ang tatay!!!! ligaw ba ito o namamanhikan na?* *

Ano daw kulay ng dalang bulalak?* ;D

Roses daw pare. Pula at puti.

LION
05-03-2007, 01:48 PM
Kaya daw kasama yung tatay e para patunayan na anak talaga niya yun.

Kaya lang, kailangan daw alamin kung pati yung tatay e tunay. Baka daw kasi tatay - tatayan din ahihihihi. ;D

lekiboy
05-03-2007, 01:51 PM
Kaya daw kasama yung tatay e para patunayan na anak talaga niya yun.

Kaya lang, kailangan daw alamin kung pati yung tatay e tunay.* Baka daw kasi tatay - tatayan din ahihihihi.* *;D

di kaya akala lang natin na tatay yun - nanay pala? bwahahaha...joke lang po.

di ko naitanong yung kulay ng bulaklak sa bubuwit ko - tinutukso lang kayo ni LION... :) ;D

ang huli din niyang nakita na may dalang bulaklak at tsokolate din ay sina soc rivera at mike gamboa...... di ko lang naitanong kung sino mga kasama nila.... baka si JOE LIPA!!! hahahaha

casual_observer
05-03-2007, 01:52 PM
^ ay... masamang biro yan ha. ayokong magkaroon ng problema ang UP kapag kinuha yang bata. baka mamaya Piolo Pascual pala ang pangalan niya at hindi Elvin Pascual (corny!). :D ;D

teka... teka... pulang bulaklak? LION, sa inyo yun ah. :o ;D

LION
05-03-2007, 06:33 PM
^ No need to worry about Soc Rivera and Mike Gamboa. Ang kay Pedro, kay Pedro. :)

casual_observer
05-03-2007, 06:43 PM
^ salamat. di bale... solong-solo niyo naman si Marcelo eh. ;D ;) :)

bchoter
05-03-2007, 06:59 PM
PEX pala susmaryosep. Please don't make it sound like it's a fact.

Out_Of_The_Blue
05-03-2007, 08:44 PM

This is gameface bro. The degree of stating what is true and factual is much much higher here than in PEx. ;)

flsfnoeraekadad
05-03-2007, 09:44 PM

This is gameface bro. The degree of stating what is true and factual is much much higher here than in PEx. ;)
3 times higher.

casual_observer
05-04-2007, 12:11 AM

Out_Of_The_Blue and flsfnoeraekadad: salamat sa paalala. i'll keep that in mind. newbie pa naman ako eh so i'll eventually work my way of doing things here. :)

bchoter
05-04-2007, 05:17 PM
To make it more simple, just acknowledge your source to avoid making it sound like you know it for a fact.

casual_observer
05-04-2007, 05:54 PM
To make it more simple, just acknowledge your source to avoid making it sound like you know it for a fact.

opo. masusunod po. hindi na po mauulit. ;)

abcdef
05-04-2007, 10:37 PM
^ Namanhikan na daw pare. Kumatok na sa pintuan eh. Pinapasok naman at pinakinggan.* Inaalam pa daw kung tapat at totoo ang status ng bata.* Nagsimula na daw na mag igib ng tubig kahapon.* *;D

Sir Lion kamusta na ang pamamanhikan? hehe

Mateen Cleaves
05-05-2007, 06:07 AM
Medyo sinasagot ata ang tanong mo nito. ;)

Player raid confirmed; PCU cager joins SBC

By WAYLON GALVEZ

Philippine Christian Universityís worst fears were confirmed yesterday when it got word that a member of its junior basketball team has agreed to play for San Beda College in next monthís 83rd National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).

PCU athletic director Alfredo Olano, who said the other day that he has received reports that several schools were after his best players, identified the player who transferred as Elvin Pascual, the leagueís high school MVP last season.

Olano said Pascual failed to notify him or any member of the PCU coaching staff about his decision to transfer to San Beda.

Olano said Pascual informed him that no matter what happens, he would remain with PCU.

"He (Pascual) said that even with the one-year suspension imposed by the NCAA against PCU, he would stick with us. We donít know what happened," said Olano.

Olanoís revelation confirmed reports that some NCAA member schools are raiding the PCU ranks after the Taft-based school was suspended for fielding an ineligible player last season.

Pascual helped the PCU Baby Dolphins to the finals last season where they were beaten by the San Sebastian Staglets.

In his first NCAA appearance, the 6-foot-5 Pascual displayed tremendous potential when he became the first junior player to win the coveted Most Valuable Player and Rookie of the Year honors.

Following his graduation in high school this summer, Pascual continued to stay with PCU and has been practicing with the Dolphins under head coach Joel Dualan.

PCUís suspension, however, led to Pascualís transfer to San Beda.

"Actually itís okay if our high school players move to other schools. The problem is maglalaro síya sa amin. But we were suspended. Bigla na lang kinuha ng San Beda ng walang paalam. Hindi maganda tignan eh," said Olano.

Ralph Lansang, another member of the junior team, is being eyed by University of the East, according to Olano.

For the rest of story, go to Manila Bulletin (http://www.mb.com.ph/SPRT2007050593285.html).

MonL
05-05-2007, 09:04 AM
Raiding? That's PCU's side. Stop putting a spin on the issue. Given the scandal that sullied their basketball program, other schools should be wary of any player coming from their program. Kumatok sa pinto namin ang bata at ang kaniyang ama. They want redemption from this scandal. Ipagkakait pa ba iyan sa kanila*kung wala naman silang kasalanan, at nadamay lang sila?

oca
05-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Masyado yatang presumptous ang PCU officials. >:( >:( >:(

Kung ang player ay isang incoming college freshman, the player is "fair game". Alam ng lahat yan. Even if they are not recruited, they still have every right to transfer to another school.

Kung ano man ang binitawang salita ng player, that's between him and his former school.

The fact is, even if a school is not in the same situation as PCU, student athletes and their parents have every right to decide what they think is good for them.

Mas lalo pa kung ang kasalukuyan mong paaralan ay nasa kalagayan ng PCU, eg SUSPENDED WTIH THE POSSIBILITY OF GETTING EXPELLED FROM THE NCAA !

Eh, paano kung sa gitna ng papasok na academic year ay biglang ma-expell ang PCU, dagdag na isang taon pa ang masasayang sa mga bata.

IMO, it is the news of a possible expulsion that prompted these transfers.

MonL
05-05-2007, 12:53 PM

Mas lalo pa kung ang kasalukuyan mong paaralan ay nasa kalagayan ng PCU, eg SUSPENDED WTIH THE POSSIBILITY OF GETTING EXPELLED FROM THE NCAA !

Oca,

THAT was on the minds of both father and son when they knocked on our gates.

oca
05-05-2007, 01:29 PM

Oca,

THAT was on the minds of both father and son when they knocked on our gates.

It's all human nature.

One does not need a doctorate in the social sciences to understand a person's behavior given uncertainties.

Kung may abilidad ang anak ko, bakit ko naman iko-commit ang kanyang paglalaro sa isang paaralan na kasalukuyang suspended at maaring ma-expell?

Ang pagkakamali ng PCU, hindi sila nagbigay ng formal report sa NCAA Board ng kanilang sariling imbestigasyon. Napatawan na ng parusa, wala pa ring koncretong aksyon o report sa Board na magpapatunay na tinutugunan nila ang problema.

At yan ang di nagustuhan ng Board at duon nagsimula ang usapin ng expulsion.

Ngayon, iiyak-iyak sila!

mangtsito
05-05-2007, 01:49 PM
or=Mateen Cleaves link=topic=950.msg36469#msg36469 date=1178316474]

"Actually itís okay if our high school players move to other schools. The problem is maglalaro síya sa amin. But we were suspended. Bigla na lang kinuha ng San Beda ng walang paalam. Hindi maganda tignan eh," said Olano.

[quote]

Esperto pala sila sa kung ano ang "maganda tingnan".

Wala lang. Nakakatawa lang pakinggan kung sila ang nagsasalita tungkol sa mga bagay-bagay na ganun. ;D

mighty_lion
05-05-2007, 02:00 PM
wala akong masabe at muntik na akong atakehin sa puso. *elvin pascual to the red lions!!!! *:o i still cannot believe that this is not a joke!! i saw that guy play 2 times last season and just by his mere atheletiscm and competitiveness I can say he is going to be a basketball terrorist come his prime in college. i was even all out praying all this time that someone in UAAP take him out of the NCAA. His potential is enourmous. He is a type of player that an dominate inside games and inside presence on the defensive end.

Anyway Kuya MonL and Lion pumasa ba sa mga required criteria? ;D

Reading that line "kinuha ng san beda" is way beyond out. How come, the red lions is not interested on his services as there are still plenty big man in the pool. A walk-in applicant is different from a recruited player.

darkwing
05-05-2007, 05:01 PM
Wow, Pascual plus Marcelo pa ang na-add sa Red Lions' already formidable frontcourt...its going to be another LION year for San Beda ;)

flsfnoeraekadad
05-05-2007, 05:24 PM
It looks like that that San Beda is gaining the most from the suspension of PCU. Napadali na ang title defense ng San Beda sa pagkakasuspindi ng PCU, nakasungkit pa sila ng isang blue-chip player from PCU. Talk about sobrang swerte and sobrang kamalasan.

MonL
05-05-2007, 05:59 PM
It looks like that that San Beda is gaining the most from the suspension of PCU. Napadali na ang title defense ng San Beda sa pagkakasuspindi ng PCU, nakasungkit pa sila ng isang blue-chip player from PCU. Talk about sobrang swerte and sobrang kamalasan.

Actually, nahulog siyang parang hinog na bayabas sa nakabukang bibig ni Juan Tamad...* :D

We never did set our sights on Pascual, as PCU was in the post-Espinas rebuilding mode, locking him up and getting "veteran rookies" like Lee Boliver to shore them up.* Plus, we had a guaranteed slot in Team A set aside for Dave Marcelo, making for a pretty solid frontline already.* Eh lumapit sa amin. Ayos! ;D

As for the title defense being easier, it's still too early to tell.

casual_observer
05-05-2007, 06:09 PM
well, kaysa nga naman maging burong mustasa siya by sticking it out with PCU kahit alam niyang wala siyang involvement sa gulo na kinasasangkutan ng eskuwelahan niya, i guess it is a right decision for Elvin Pascual to make the move to San Beda, where he can fulfill his college basketball dreams. ;)

so, i guess it's time for the UAAP schools to say goodbye to Pascual as he heads for Mendiola. ;D

mighty_lion
05-05-2007, 06:19 PM
which is now a big question though. will he be outright addition to team A playing in season 83?

razor
05-05-2007, 06:27 PM
^ Only after he proves or establishes beyond reasonable doubt that he is who he says he is.

casual_observer
05-05-2007, 06:32 PM
^ alam mo, hindi naman siguro gagawin yun ng mag-amang Pascual kung alam nila na kasali sila sa kalokohan sa PCU, di ba? isa pa, if Elvin will stick it out with the Dolphins, magiging burong mustasa lang siya doon at siguradong mapapag-iwanan ng mga ka-batch niya from other NCAA and UAAP schools.

hmmmm... since UAAP thread ito, can we have any confirmation that Elvin Pascual and his father included UST and UP in their possible list of options aside from San Beda? ;D

also, speaking of potential rookies, gaano katotoo yung nabasa ko sa PEx na "floating" daw ang status nina ex-Baby Falcons Acibar at Olalia sa DLSU dahil hindi nakapasa sa DLSUCET?

MonL
05-05-2007, 06:34 PM
^ Only after he proves or establishes beyond reasonable doubt that he is who he says he is.

On the dot. He has a lot to lose hence should do no less.

gameface_one
05-05-2007, 07:10 PM
Ok, enough of this topic in the UAAP forum. Pls continue discussing this in the NCAA forum.

Joescoundrel
05-10-2007, 04:54 PM
^ alam mo, hindi naman siguro gagawin yun ng mag-amang Pascual kung alam nila na kasali sila sa kalokohan sa PCU, di ba? isa pa, if Elvin will stick it out with the Dolphins, magiging burong mustasa lang siya doon at siguradong mapapag-iwanan ng mga ka-batch niya from other NCAA and UAAP schools.

hmmmm... since UAAP thread ito, can we have any confirmation that Elvin Pascual and his father included UST and UP in their possible list of options aside from San Beda? ;D

also, speaking of potential rookies, gaano katotoo yung nabasa ko sa PEx na "floating" daw ang status nina ex-Baby Falcons Acibar at Olalia sa DLSU dahil hindi nakapasa sa DLSUCET?

Ken Acibar at least seems to be out of the DLSU recruitment loop: I caught the guy over at a UE tryout, perhaps trying to at least make the B Team, because as far as I know the UAAP squad is just an announcment away from being official.

casual_observer
05-10-2007, 05:24 PM

Joescoundrel, ang sabi nung mga nasa Falcons section, nasa Adamson na daw ulit sina Acibar at Olalia after flunking the DLSUCET. ???

zoman114
05-18-2007, 02:31 PM
Was at Moro Lorenzo Sports Center last night in the Ateneo campus and was able to catch the last half of a tune-up game between AdMU's Team A and Team B. Team A was coached by Sandy Arespacochaga and was composed of old reliables Al-Hussaini, Arao, Barracoso, Chris Tiu, Escueta, Quimson, Laterre, Monfort and Reyes together with likely UAAP inserts Nonoy Baclao, Jobe Nkemakolam, Carlo Lastimosa, Chris Sumalinog and Bacon Austria. On the other end of the floor were the Team B players coached by Gabby Severino. Team B's prominent names were Pao Dizon, Jeff De Guzman, Mike Baldos, Enzo Katipunan, Charles Tiu, Alec Rivera, Balmaceda, and Luis Gonzaga along with some (presumably) recruits. Two were sporting Red & Gold jerseys which might suggest they came from San Sebastian, one was wearing a White, Blue and Red jersey which could mean he's from Letran and the last recruit was ... Chiang Kai Shek's Justin Chua!!!

I was really surprised to see him there, first because I think he still has one year to go in HS and second because I know he's one of the most sought after HS players around... if he would indeed go to AdMU then the Blue Eagles' frontline would be cemented for the next 4 or 5 years. Chua is a low-post throwback to Enrico Villanueva, but frankly I think he offers more versatility because he shoots better from the perimeter and can run the floor really well for his size. I don't think he can jump as high as Rico though...

Curiously absent from the game, and from anywhere in Moro, were Eric Salamat and prized find Kirk Long... hmmmm I wonder why?

Anyway, hope this season will be great for Loyola's pride!

ONE BIG FIGHT!!! :)

augustine
05-19-2007, 09:56 AM
I suppose kirk is still finishing his classes at Faith? Their schoolyear isn't over, you know.

admu14
05-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Was at Moro Lorenzo Sports Center last night in the Ateneo campus and was able to catch the last half of a tune-up game between AdMU's Team A and Team B. Team A was coached by Sandy Arespacochaga and was composed of old reliables Al-Hussaini, Arao, Barracoso, Chris Tiu, Escueta, Quimson, Laterre, Monfort and Reyes together with likely UAAP* inserts Nonoy Baclao, Jobe Nkemakolam, Carlo Lastimosa, Chris Sumalinog and Bacon Austria. On the other end of the floor were the Team B players coached by Gabby Severino. Team B's prominent names were Pao Dizon, Jeff De Guzman, Mike Baldos, Enzo Katipunan, Charles Tiu, Alec Rivera, Balmaceda, and Luis Gonzaga along with some (presumably) recruits. Two were sporting Red & Gold jerseys which might suggest they came from San Sebastian, one was wearing a White, Blue and Red jersey which could mean he's from Letran and the last recruit was ... Chiang Kai Shek's Justin Chua!!!

I was really surprised to see him there, first because I think he still has one year to go in HS and second because I know he's one of the most sought after HS players around... if he would indeed go to AdMU then the Blue Eagles' frontline would be cemented for the next 4 or 5 years. Chua is a low-post throwback to Enrico Villanueva, but frankly I think he offers more versatility because he shoots better from the perimeter and can run the floor really well for his size. I don't think he can jump as high as Rico though...

Curiously absent from the game, and from anywhere in Moro, were Eric Salamat and prized find Kirk Long... hmmmm I wonder why?

Anyway, hope this season will be great for Loyola's pride!

ONE BIG FIGHT!!! :)

pinapapractice na pala nila si Arvie Bringas at Ryan Buenafe sa team. ;D

eh si marlo isip nakita mo?baka joke lang si marlo talaga.haha

Out_Of_The_Blue
05-20-2007, 02:24 AM
^^^^ I think YOU are the biggest joke here in Gameface. Have you contributed anything significant? Keep it up. Konti na lang at puede ka ng sumunod sa kuya binocular mo. Swerte ka at dito ka nag post. Kung sa BEN yan, yari ka na sa sapatos ni Carrot.

Sorry mods for the little OT. ;)

Jump_Shooter
05-21-2007, 02:53 PM
^Oist, tama na yan. Back to the topic, guys.

So, who are your early bets for the ROY?

Wingman
05-21-2007, 09:34 PM
^^^^ I think YOU are the biggest joke here in Gameface. Have you contributed anything significant? Keep it up. Konti na lang at puede ka ng sumunod sa kuya binocular mo. Swerte ka at dito ka nag post. Kung sa BEN yan, yari ka na sa sapatos ni Carrot.

Before you act like holier than thou, I think you'd better re-read all your posts first too and see if you are man enough to say that your posts are all worthy of reading.

Jump_Shooter
05-21-2007, 09:44 PM
Thank you for completely ignoring what I just said, Wingman. For the last time, everyone, stick to the topic. Use the PM function if you feel the need to bash each other. Further violations will get a warning.

person
05-21-2007, 09:52 PM
at least we all know that mhirza and soriano of ust won't qualify for roy....and i don't think coach gallent would just let buenafe and bringas play college ball anywhere else...del rio and zulueta are already with the san sebastian srs. team...these guys were the one's who helped buenafe win the ncaa jrs. crown... ;D

gameface_one
05-22-2007, 12:19 AM
wrong post

Out_Of_The_Blue
05-22-2007, 12:27 AM

Sorry mods for the little OT.* ;)

Before you act like holier than thou, I think you'd better re-read all your posts first too and see if you are man enough to say that your posts are all worthy of reading.

Woah! Post na post pa lang, alam na agad kung saan school ka galing. Bwa ha ha! Don't worry, from your measly 14 posts, I think this is the most thought provoking, classy, and significant aside from the other tirades that you threw in your other posts.

I think that the rookie that will create the most impact for a team will be Julius Wong. This kid has a lot of upside. 6'1" to 6'2" with a decent medium range jumper and shifty one on one moves. He is a smaller version of Vergel Meneses. Too bad Ateneo let him slip away. UP will definitely benefit from this low key player from Letran.

gfy
05-22-2007, 07:44 AM
This early, Socrates Rivera and Mark Lopez are already showing what they can do and in the years to come. Add Julius Wong and UP will have guys who play aggressive at walang takot.

Ghostrider
05-22-2007, 09:55 AM
I think that the rookie that will create the most impact for a team will be Julius Wong. This kid has a lot of upside. 6'1" to 6'2" with a decent medium range jumper and shifty one on one moves. He is a smaller version of Vergel Meneses. Too bad Ateneo let him slip away. UP will definitely benefit from this low key player from Letran.

More like Arnie Tuadles than Vergel Meneses.

mighty_lion
05-22-2007, 10:08 AM
This early, Socrates Rivera and Mark Lopez are already showing what they can do and in the years to come. Add Julius Wong and UP will have guys who play aggressive at walang takot.

Medyo mangagapa pa tong mga freshmen ng UP this season. Aminin man natin or hindi, sa basketball lamang parin ang veteran smarts at experience manggulang. Individual talent and potential to grow are there, no question asked. They will be scary come their third year. UP Alumnis have just to be patient and supportive with the team as it takes years to harvest the fruits. Just like when the red lions fielded in Menor, Taganas, Tecson & Tirona in thier first year in 2005, ang sakit sa mata makitang maraming turnover coming from them. Its a risk to field rookies in the early years, but its the only way to speed up the development of these freshies.

The way I see it in years to come (manghula ba? *:D), tingin ko lang. Mark Lopez will be the heart and soul of the team, achoring the defense and do it all for whats need for the team to win. Rivera will be the main guy in the post and scoring. Gamboa will be the leader and facilitator (has the heart and toughness to do so). All else will be supporting cast, but the team will revolve on those 3 guys three years from now. *My take is they concentrate first on the developing thier team defense first this season.

CM_Punk
05-22-2007, 10:35 AM

I've never seen Julius Wong in action, so thanks for the scouting report. I was hoping to see him play at the Nike Elite camp last month with the other UP recruits (Rivera, Lopez, Gamboa, Yulo, etc.) but he wasn't at the games. Wong and Woody Co are the future small forwards for the Maroons, a position which has been lacking good talent for UP the past few years.

cl.blue.24
05-22-2007, 04:56 PM
IMO, it will be either Kirk Long, Mike Gamboa or Mark Lopez to be ROY. ;)

casual_observer
06-07-2007, 08:29 PM
The Athletic Mind: Rookie Watch, the Whole Nine Yards
by Sid Ventura
ubelt.com (http://www.ubelt.com)

I hate it when my writing schedule gets interrupted. For the past three years, Iíve always divided my Rookie Watch into two separate articles, the first part for the rookies of Ateneo, Adamson, DLSU and FEU, and the second part for the NU, UE, UP and UST froshes. That way I can give adequate column space to all the teams.

read more of the article here (http://www.ubelt.com/ub/uaap/mbb/story.aspx?id=1279).

lyndon_24
06-07-2007, 08:42 PM
re: JR Cawaling ;)

aguila
06-14-2007, 06:15 PM
Cawaling, Lopez, and Long will be in the thick for this season's ROY.

paul_tamaraws
06-17-2007, 10:11 PM
for me its cawaling (FEU), gamboa, rivera, and lopez (all from UP) battling for ROY honors this season...

Wang-Bu
06-20-2007, 09:40 AM
The Athletic Mind: Rookie Watch, the Whole Nine Yards
by Sid Ventura
ubelt.com (http://www.ubelt.com)

I hate it when my writing schedule gets interrupted. For the past three years, Iíve always divided my Rookie Watch into two separate articles, the first part for the rookies of Ateneo, Adamson, DLSU and FEU, and the second part for the NU, UE, UP and UST froshes. That way I can give adequate column space to all the teams.

read more of the article here (http://www.ubelt.com/ub/uaap/mbb/story.aspx?id=1279).

Nabanggit ni Sir Sid si RAYMUND AGUILAR ng NU na lumipat mula sa Baste ngunit hindi niya yata nabanggit si CALOY FENEQUITO na mula sa JRU at naglaro para sa USTe nitong offseason.

Sir Sid hindi na po ba kasali sa plano ng UST si Fenequito?

cub
06-20-2007, 10:17 AM
^he will serve his 2 years residency pa ata.

Mateen Cleaves
06-20-2007, 11:14 AM
^Bakit two years?

Dark Knight
06-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Being an FEU fan , i'll go with Cawaling with Barocca as the dark horse. Lopez will eat dust from Rhiel Cervantes. Haha. Peace!

peyups-La Salle
06-20-2007, 08:23 PM
I think the ROY will boil down on who will be the best UP rookie..Let's face it, this year's UP team is so young, the team is composed of mostly 2nd years and 1st year players..Rivera, Lopez, Gamboa and Rosales will surely be part of the rotation of the team. More playing time means more time to showcase one's capabilities inside the basketball court and raise those individual and team statistics...Gamboa and Rosales will rotate at PG, a place that was supposed to be occupied by Marvin Cruz until he decided not to wear the Maroon and Green.. Lopez and Rivera will play alongside Co, Serios, etal. So my bet is that a UP rookie will win the ROY!

fujima04
06-21-2007, 02:13 AM
Kirk Long and JR Cawaling can give UP Rookies a run for their own money. ;)

augustine
06-21-2007, 05:41 AM
^ JR and Kirk are talented, but JR will get more playing time and will accumulate the stats. So it's going to be JR.

oca
06-21-2007, 07:57 AM
Don't put too much premium on the stats that a rookie logs with respect to his chances of bagging ROY honors.

May kasamang DELIBERATION sa pagpili ng awardees sa UAAP. ( Sa NCAA its purely stats. Either way may pros and cons.)

At alam niyo naman ang kalakaran sa Board. Kahit ang NASA weather forecasting experts ay di masasabi kung saan patungo ang usapan ryan.

animoateneo
06-22-2007, 12:01 AM
Just because Kirk is playing in a guard ridden line-up doesn't mean he'll be getting little playing time. As is, i can see him playing at least as a back-up 2 or 3. He'll be getting solid minutes from coach Norman for sure.

Eagle_Eyes
06-22-2007, 04:10 PM
Besides, importante din na may mga panalo yung team mo. I dont think you'll get the ROY award if your team gets it's ass hammered every time. so it would help if you have a relatively long season. Remember, out of sight, out of mind. Unless you cough up jordanesque numbers..

RockLobster
06-22-2007, 04:15 PM
^I dunno man... Woody Co won ROY last year, despite the beating that UP got. But if you're saying UP didn't really get pummelled every time, then I take that, being a UP follower, as a compliment. :)

GHRanger
06-22-2007, 05:00 PM
If I remember it right, ROY involves statistical points only and not won games. Won games, i believe, work for other awards like the MVP.

wolverine78ph
06-22-2007, 10:33 PM
Good luck to the Season 70 rookies ;)

bluetruck
06-27-2007, 03:03 PM
mark molina is boasting that their rookie will definitely be the ROY!

pio_valenz
06-27-2007, 03:48 PM
If I remember it right, ROY involves statistical points only and not won games.* Won games, i believe, work for other awards like the MVP.

Actually a player gets 15 statistical points for every game his team wins, provided he gets fielded in. So yes, may weight din ang win-loss record.

yungha
07-18-2007, 01:45 PM
any word on where former ue page erwin duran ended up? is he presently practicing with a school's team B? among last year's uaap juniors mythical 5, i believed that duran was the most talented individually - better than soc, better than bacon, better than mike g, better than lopez.

pio_valenz
07-18-2007, 01:53 PM
^Yes, he's currently with UE's farm team, and he should get a roster spot next year with the loss of Borboran, Gregorio, and Fampulme. I heard he was heavily recruited by other colleges, but he chose to stay put with the Warriors. That kid is gonna be a bigtime player.

sa_pula
08-13-2007, 09:16 PM
pwede pa ba si paul lee sa roy?..dba sya ngteam b muna?..kung pwede pa sya malaki tsansa nyang maiuwi ang roy award..

yinkadare
08-23-2007, 03:35 AM
pwede pa ba si paul lee sa roy?..dba sya ngteam b muna?..kung pwede pa sya malaki tsansa nyang maiuwi ang roy award..

i agree with you bro,paul lee will definitely be the next big thing..all around great basketball sense (offense-outside slash inside then defense aswell rebound and steals,he has it all)..if he still qualifies which i think he still does then id say itll be a walk in the park for him.. he might not lead it with stats among all rookies but hes the most efficient..

the next joseph yeo for me but not in the pba..hehehe

irateluvmachine
08-23-2007, 02:18 PM

he's eligible as far as i know. and if he'd only see more than 20 minutes per game of playing time, he'd have a bigger chance...but in UE's deep lineup, he's playing only about 13 mpg, if i'm not mistaken.

for me, it's either mike gamboa or jr cawaling for ROY...

BigBlue
08-23-2007, 02:28 PM
Paul Lee is not eligible because he is not a Freshman Rookie.

peterstrauss
08-23-2007, 03:12 PM
correct .... just like jervy cruz last year ... jervy came from ust team b just like paul lee ....

rookies are those coming fresh out of high school

christian
08-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Same goes with Jonas Villanueva. Teka, san ba galing itong si JR Cawaling?

irateluvmachine
08-23-2007, 05:11 PM
^oo nga pala no...di nga pala eligible for ROY si jervy last year...

i think cawaling is a pure freshman. somebody correct me if i'm wrong...

Semenelin
08-23-2007, 06:49 PM
FEU high ba? hindi ko sure, pero kay Paul Sanga ako. Although I think Mike G is a better all around player, bigger impact for the year si Sanga. IMO.

marmand
08-23-2007, 08:03 PM
Cawaling is a rrookie out of FEU High. He did not play last year for the Baby Tams becuase of residency. Paul Sanga is not a rookie ( Freshman ), He was a Hotshot in the FEU intramurals which led to his inclusion to the varsity team. ;)

peterstrauss
08-24-2007, 08:47 AM
when you say cawaling did not play for the uaap last year because of residency, ibig mo sabihin he was in team b of feu? if this is the case, hindi din siya pwede for rookie of the year award candidate.

yung tipong katulad ni mike gamboa, ferdinand, kirk long na bago lang nag graduate sa high school (this march 2007) lang. tapos 1st year college na by june 2007 & are playing in the uaap basketball .... yung ang tipong pwede i-nominate sa rookie of the year award ....

marmand
08-24-2007, 11:06 AM
JR Cawaling graduated from FEU-FERN last March. He did not play for the BABY Tams ( FEU's Jr. team ) because of residency. He came from Cagayan De Oro and was a third year High School student when He tansferred last year to FEU- FERN. Thus, He is a "True" rookie.

peterstrauss
08-24-2007, 03:10 PM
then pwede si cawaling for rookie of the year award or ma-nominate for that award. kailangan i-explain yung residency because it can apply to a transferee from any college

marmand
08-24-2007, 03:46 PM
The Residency ruling applies also with the Juniors. In the case of Cawaling, He moved from his High School in Mindanao ( Dont know exectly what High School ) to FEU-FERN last year. He could not play for the Junior Team of FEU because He was a transferee. He had to reside in FEU-FERN for one year ( per Residency ruling ) before playing but since He was already 4th year High School then there was no chance for him to play for the Juniors.

BigBlue
08-24-2007, 03:53 PM
simple lang naman yan eh. in order to be qualified for the ROY, you need to be a freshman rookie.
is cawaling a rookie? yes. is cawaling a freshman? yes.

marmand
08-24-2007, 04:01 PM
Well Said. ;D