PDA

View Full Version : what will happen next season?

deej_adu
11-23-2006, 07:19 PM
what's in store for the adamson falcons next season?* ??? there are definitely a lot of question marks here... who will be their next head coach? who will be the next player to step up following ken bono's footsteps? will all the players be healthy at the start of the 70th season? will they be able to sustain their winning ways and still barge into the final four (which will be harder considering la salle's back into the fray)? BUT I KNOW ONE THING'S FOR SURE, I KNOW WE WILL FIGHT TO THE VERY END... Ken Bono still need to lose weight or at least buff up so he can move more freely and power his way to the hoop at the same time.. pat cabahug needs to control his emotions and not let them take over his game though he is a very deadly shooter.. marc agustin still needs to refine his game a bit... same goes for migs pacheco and paul gonzalgo.. roel hugnatan needs to learn how to pass the ball and when (if he's double teamed) but he is a very decent post up player... leo canuday should stop his assorted acrobatic moves to the basket which sometimes result to turnovers if not a miss and start concentrating on his jump shots but he definitely is a very capable playmaker..
and please... DEFENSE! although they have upped their defensive intensity this season they still need to aim higher and choke the living lights out of their opponents... DEFENSE and TEAM OFFENSE should be their main concern next season.. but like they always say, " Hard work will always take you places of unimaginable glory." Maybe a championship next season?* ;D Adamson Forever... kumusta na nga pala ang falcon bridge?

Sam Miguel
02-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Are the Falcons keen on elevating Baby Falcons Ken Acibar and Ron Olalia to the Seniors?

Acibar reminds me a lot of former Falcons slotman Melvin Mamaclay, a lean but athletic post player with above average athleticism. Olalia is like a young Leo Canuday, a guard capable of playing either perimeter spot and with a good perimeter shot, needs to learn to handle and pass better though is he wants to become a solid pointguard.

israeli
02-06-2007, 10:36 AM
i am curious. what will happen to the Falcons now that they are to lose their one-man basketball machine named Ken Bono? will there be any Final Four appearance for the team from San Marcelino with Patrick Cabahug as team captain and Bogs Adornado as head coach? ???

taurus_pride
02-07-2007, 08:27 AM
what's in store for the adamson falcons next season?* ??? there are definitely a lot of question marks here... who will be their next head coach? who will be the next player to step up following ken bono's footsteps? will all the players be healthy at the start of the 70th season? will they be able to sustain their winning ways and still barge into the final four (which will be harder considering la salle's back into the fray)? BUT I KNOW ONE THING'S FOR SURE, I KNOW WE WILL FIGHT TO THE VERY END... Ken Bono still need to lose weight or at least buff up so he can move more freely and power his way to the hoop at the same time.. pat cabahug needs to control his emotions and not let them take over his game though he is a very deadly shooter.. marc agustin still needs to refine his game a bit... same goes for migs pacheco and paul gonzalgo.. roel hugnatan needs to learn how to pass the ball and when (if he's double teamed) but he is a very decent post up player... leo canuday should stop his assorted acrobatic moves to the basket which sometimes result to turnovers if not a miss and start concentrating on his jump shots but he definitely is a very capable playmaker..and please... DEFENSE! although they have upped their defensive intensity this season they still need to aim higher and choke the living lights out of their opponents... DEFENSE and TEAM OFFENSE should be their main concern next season.. but like they always say, " Hard work will always take you places of unimaginable glory." Maybe a championship next season?* ;D Adamson Forever... kumusta na nga pala ang falcon bridge?

Adu falcons may not reach all our expectations but one thing that I am sure... THEY ARE ALL WORKING HARD PARA NAMAN WALA NG MASYADONG MASABI ANG MGA TAO. Its really hard being a player nga talaga. May gawin kang mabuti para sa team mo, hindi masyadong napapansin, pero pag may nakitang mali sayo, madaming nasasabi...

taurus_pride
02-07-2007, 08:37 AM
Are the Falcons keen on elevating Baby Falcons Ken Acibar and Ron Olalia to the Seniors?

Acibar reminds me a lot of former Falcons slotman Melvin Mamaclay, a lean but athletic post player with above average athleticism. Olalia is like a young Leo Canuday, a guard capable of playing either perimeter spot and with a good perimeter shot, needs to learn to handle and pass better though is he wants to become a solid pointguard.

There's no news yet if these 2 good players of the Baby Falcons will be with the Falcons next season. But they are good addition if ever.

freak
02-13-2007, 08:25 AM
hi folks..

just saw this on the UAAP forum..

With the way things are, Bono will no longer play for AdU.. sayang lang pagbalik ni Cabahug, if there is no one to help him carry the team. Agustin needs to step up big time to be able to cushion the scoring loss of Bono. If these happens and at least one more Falcon backs up the two, ayos na sa F4 and AdU.

Marc Agustin told me that Ken Bono and Patrick Cabahug will still play for next year. :)

of course, AdU will be a lot stronger with Bono around, though I read in these forums that he's decided na to play/apply for the PBA draft.. so what's the real score?

5FootCarrot
02-13-2007, 09:33 AM
I don't mean to cast aspersions on jancarlo's accuracy or sources, but I'd think that kaybee and taurus_pride would know more about the Falcons than he does.

kaybee07
02-15-2007, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the trust, Carrot :)

I understand Agustin's confusion, though. Ken hasn't formally "resigned" (uhhh is that the right term?) from the Falcons nor has he spoken to his teammates about it so probably as far as Marc is concerned, Ken is still part of the team.

But I can tell you that unless the AdU school admin and/or team management makes him feel like he's still wanted or needed there, it is highly unlikely that the Adamson fans will see Ken don his #19 jersey in the UAAP for one more year.

idrc23
02-19-2007, 08:19 PM
well a bit of good news to adamson falcons because cabahug is practicing in the team kanina. ang malabo na talaga e si bono dahil narining ko sa news na mag papa verify na siya sa pba. mukhang malakas ang team naman. well doing great at HAIL. Team B have strength but the big mans are the problem because MALALAMBOT Sila. the team now is practicing hard for GOROSPE and big man in the name of COLINA. aside from that ADORNADO, the coach have some fun practing drills. i think they take it seriously naman e.

taurus_pride
02-21-2007, 08:35 AM
I don't mean to cast aspersions on jancarlo's accuracy or sources, but I'd think that kaybee and taurus_pride would know more about the Falcons than he does.

Thanks 5FootCarrot!

Patrick Cabahug is back practicing with the team. I cant blame Ken Bono for whatever decision he will make regarding if he will play or not. Sobra naman kase ang ADU. After all the honor that he brought to ADU tapos bigla lang siyang nabalewala. Kahit sino naman siguro...

Let us all hope for the best na lang!

Semenelin
02-21-2007, 10:43 AM
sa inyo ba maglalaro si ronnie matias? i cant remember but lsat year he was seen in the adamson bench. i think he is serving his one year residency. or nagkataon lng na dun sya nakaupo nun nakita ko sya?

kaybee07
02-21-2007, 03:02 PM
sa inyo ba maglalaro si ronnie matias? i cant remember but lsat year he was seen in the adamson bench. i think he is serving his one year residency. or nagkataon lng na dun sya nakaupo nun nakita ko sya?

Hi Semenelin..

Unfortunately, Ronnie Matias can no longer see action in the UAAP because while he was serving his residency two years ago he took bad advice from that year's coaching staff and saw action as an import in an Indonesian basketball league. It's a shame because I thought the guy could have contributed a lot to the Falcons. That's what you get for taking advice from the wrong people!

The last piece of news I heard about him was that he was seeing action in a southern-based team in the NBC.

Semenelin
02-22-2007, 02:02 PM
sayang pala. i heard a lot of good things about him before(galing UM ito di ba?) and the thought of him with bono and cabahug could have made the falcons run last year a lot further. oh well, best of luck to him. sa mga nakalipas na mga taon laging may nahuhugot kayo ng mga tagasouth na malalaki. any new ones for the coming season? mga tagaBacolod ata sila bono and hugi di ba?

taurus_pride
02-24-2007, 10:47 AM
sayang pala. i heard a lot of good things about him before(galing UM ito di ba?) and the thought of him with bono and cabahug could have made the falcons run last year a lot further. oh well, best of luck to him. sa mga nakalipas na mga taon laging may nahuhugot kayo ng mga tagasouth na malalaki. any new ones for the coming season? mga tagaBacolod ata sila bono and hugi di ba?

Yes, sayang nga si Ronnie Matias. Kaybee's right. That's what people get from asking wrong people. He couldve helped the team pa naman.

Btw, I believe Ken Bono is from Iloilo. Tama ba Mareng Kaybee? Hugnatan and Canuday are both from Bacolod. Hugnatan is from Talisay, Negros Occ. while Canuday's from Brgy. Bata, Bacolod City. ;)

kaybee07
03-05-2007, 03:32 PM
Hi mareng taurus!

Yup, Ken is from Iloilo City. Galing mo ah! Hehe :)

taurus_pride
03-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Hi mareng taurus!

Yup, Ken is from Iloilo City. Galing mo ah! Hehe* :)

Siyempre...hehehe... ;)

kaybee07
03-13-2007, 03:26 PM

Bumped into Ronnie Matias last week. The guy made it into the Henkel Sista lineup so we'll be seeing him play in the upcoming PBL tournament. Good for him because he has two infant kids to support. Sayang hindi na sya nakapag-UAAP..

Semenelin
03-13-2007, 03:48 PM
that should be a nice addition to henkel since mawawala si borboran dahil nagpull out(daw) ang UE sa PBL.

Joescoundrel
04-19-2007, 09:34 AM
Is Ken Olalia already practising with the Falcons? This is one kid who can help bring a dose of new blood to the 3/4 spots for Adamson.

casual_observer
04-19-2007, 06:32 PM
hi! newbie here! :)

nababasa ko sa PEx yung gulo sa Adamson ngayon. i am curious though as to whether or not such "internal strife" within Adamson people have any direct or indirect effect to the team's preparation for Season 70 and the off-season tournaments. ???

5FootCarrot
04-20-2007, 07:36 AM
hi! newbie here! :)

nababasa ko sa PEx yung gulo sa Adamson ngayon. i am curious though as to whether or not such "internal strife" within Adamson people have any direct or indirect effect to the team's preparation for Season 70 and the off-season tournaments. ???
I'll leave it for those really in the know to answer your question, but in the meantime, I suggest you read the posts in this and in the other threads in this forum. There are plenty of posts there about how the school's handling of the team seems to be causing rifts between the players and the administration, and therefore affecting their desire to continue playing for Adamson.

kaybee07
04-20-2007, 09:41 AM
Hi joe, I think Olalia hasn't graduated from high school yet.

Hello casual_o and thanks for visiting our forum. As Carrot said, you can check out the other threads here to see for yourself how the "internal strife" within Adamson has affected the Falcons team.

casual_observer
04-21-2007, 02:13 PM
thanks for the welcome, guys! :)

it is really saddening to read posts regarding the in-fighting among Adamson people and the degradation of the team because of it. sobrang nakakalungkot. makes me wonder if such thing would happen if Leo Austria and Ken Bono did not jump to the pros. ???