PDA

View Full Version : Red Warriors in the MVBA

MVBA
11-22-2006, 01:01 PM
FORMER University of the East Red Warrior Philip Butel played for Montana Pawnshop-Davao during the recent ML Kwarta Padala First Conference held from February to June of this year.

Hope to see more Red Warriors in our league in the future.

Gameface MVBA Forum = http://www.gameface.ph/forums/index.php?board=30.0

Joescoundrel
11-22-2006, 05:25 PM
MVBA, I heard from some Vis Min frineds that there are quite a number of former UAAP - not just UE - stars seeing action in the MVBA. Apart from Philip Butel is it true that the likes of Ruel Buenaventura, Leo Vilar, Olan Omiping, Wowie Ibanez, Jumbo Cruz and Jun Catalan are seeing action down there?

MVBA
11-22-2006, 10:42 PM
MVBA, I heard from some Vis Min frineds that there are quite a number of former UAAP - not just UE - stars seeing action in the MVBA. Apart from Philip Butel is it true that the likes of Ruel Buenaventura, Leo Vilar, Olan Omiping, Wowie Ibanez, Jumbo Cruz and Jun Catalan are seeing action down there?
* * *YES, there are several players with UAAP experience who have found their way to the MVBA . . . please check the other UAAP school forums or the MVBA forum itself for details.

* * *Unfortunately, none of the Warrior alumni you mentioned above have been employed by any of the MVBA teams.* Perhaps next conference.

Sam Miguel
11-23-2006, 01:01 PM
Leo Vilar, Wowie Ibanez and Jun Catalan were all Corporals in the Philippine Air Force last I heard, since they played for the PAF basketball team in the last couple of AFP-PNP Olympics. Dunno though if they are still in the Service.

joelex
11-23-2006, 03:31 PM
bilang isang suki sa mga paliga dito sa manila, kailan lamang ay nakita ko si leo villar na naglalaro at kondisyon pa. sa metroball (mbt) ata iyong laro. nandun pa sila eugene tan, quinahan, etc.

Wang-Bu
11-30-2006, 10:02 PM
Si Wowie Ibanez ay wala na sa Air Force, mula din nung ma-reassign na ang kumuha sa kanyang Group Commander ng AFSSG.

Si Jun Catalan ay assistant coach ng San Sebastian Cavite.

Hindi ko lang mawari kung naglalaro pa ang sila kung saan.

Mabuti naman kung si Leo Vilar ay naglalaro pa din. Huli kong nakita si Vilar naglalaro para sa Forward Taguig ni Mayor Freddie Tinga last year pa yata 'yon.