PDA

View Full Version : New FEU Team in the Homegrown Cup

LION
11-16-2006, 10:43 AM
Congrats to the FEU Tamaraws for beating the San Beda Red Lions yesterday, 67 - 62.

Since this is a brand new FEU team, may homegrown players ba ang FEU ngayon?

brian
11-16-2006, 03:35 PM
lion,

am not from feu, however, here's a post by greenarrows at ap.com in regards to your query..

"3) FEU has been granted by the organizers an exemption from the 3 homegrown players rule. This rules state that for the 2006 tournament, at least 3 players on any school team must have come from the high school department of the same school. For DLSU, our homegrown players are Marko (LSGH), Atkins (DLS-Z) and Meneses (LSGH). This exemption is currently raising some eyebrows from some of the other teams. FEU claims they did not have a high school team for a number of years thus have no high school players to use. A legitimate reason but some other schools want this to be applied to all the schools and not just FEU."

hope this helps..

LION
11-17-2006, 08:13 AM
Thanks Brian.

Dark Knight
12-12-2006, 09:41 PM
Well, its not FEU's fault. The league oficials accepted FEU's participation in the HGC even if they dont have Homegrown players.

I wonder why???

And why does the other teams question this now when they reached the F4? ;D

LION
12-13-2006, 07:52 AM
Dark,

It was an honest question. No hidden agenda at all. The question was raised because the team was disbanded and most of the new FEU players are strangers to us.

If according to brian some teams are questioning FEU's participation, rest assured that the Red Lions Team is not one of them. The Homegrown Cup is just a minor league and nodody takes it seriously except for some teams. In the case of FEU, we perfectly understand your situation because your team is on a rebuilding stage. But for some teams, well they have their own priorities. But that is another matter.

The gameface denizens are not your typical pex posters. We generally give each other here the benefit of the doubt and questions like the one I raised are catalysts for healthy and informative discussions.

By the way, let me inform you that even when no one was manning your school's sub-forum, no bashing at all happened here.

Happy posting and welcome to gameface.

PS.

The question was raised before your team reached the F4. At any rate, congratulations again for reaching the F4.

Dark Knight
12-13-2006, 04:42 PM
Hey, no prob Lion. My queston doesnt mean anything. Its not serious. Thanks for welcoming me dude. ;)

By the way. FEU just lost to JRU so a lot of rebuilding had to be made.

LION
12-13-2006, 05:05 PM
Hey, no prob Lion. My queston doesnt mean anything. Its not serious. Thanks for welcoming me dude.* ;)

By the way. FEU just lost to JRU so a lot of rebuilding had to be made.

It's a new team. Getting to know each other mode pa rin ang mga bagong players niyo. Pati coach ninyo bago din. Seven months to go before UAAP season.

Let's see how the new coach handles the new players.

brian
12-13-2006, 11:47 PM
Well, its not FEU's fault. The league oficials accepted FEU's participation in the HGC even if they dont have Homegrown players.

I wonder why???

And why does the other teams question this now when they reached the F4?* ;D

dark knight,

thie issue was raised prior to the start of the tournament..it was a valid argument though, considering the other teams were required to at least have 3 homegroon players on their team...and as we all know, it is the homegrown cup..

however, i do wonder why the tam's exemption has raised some eyebrows from the other teams since feu has good enough reason to be exempted from this rule, it's just been lately they have been fielding in a juniors' team..

Dark Knight
12-18-2006, 10:54 PM
Yup Brian. Thanks or the info. Anyway...congrats to the TAMS for placing 3rd in the HGC despite having mostly rookies on their line up. ;)

Dark Knight
08-14-2008, 11:50 PM
Thread locked. Thanks for the replies.