PDA

View Full Version : When will FEU be officially declared the 2004 Champions?

mangtsito
11-16-2006, 08:20 AM
To my understanding, and according to the Wikipedia entry, the UAAP 2004 MBB title is considered "vacated" - meaning, there is no official champion the moment DLSU was stripped of the title (or returned the title, depending on the spin.)

I don't see any urgency on the part of the UAAP Board to officially declare FEU the 2004 champions. When will they ever make such a declaration?

Or should they make such a declaration in the first place?

oca
11-16-2006, 12:37 PM
Sa palagay ko, mananatiling "bakante" yan.

I doubt if the Board will ever make another boo-boo of "officially declaring" a champion.

Sa ating hardcore, games and championships are decided on the basketball court. Nowhere else.

Pero dahil hindi na rin maibabalik yung panahon na iyon at paglaruin yung mga teams na walang sabit sa lineups nila, ano pa nga ba ang magagawa?

BigBlue
11-16-2006, 02:17 PM
i also dont think it would be fair to the other teams if FEU were declared outright champions. The affected games were not limited to the Championship, but to the entire season. In one scenario, if Ateneo did not have any losses to DLSU counted that season, some could argue that Ateneo did have a shot at the championship, having beaten FEU during the regular season.

so i think its only fair to declare the championship vacant.

oca
11-21-2006, 08:42 AM
UAAP declares Tamaraws 2004 cage champions

By Jasmine W. Payo
Inquirer
Last updated 01:08am (Mla time) 11/21/2006

Published on Page A22 of the November 21, 2006 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer

ANOTHER UAAP champion has just been crowned, albeit belatedly.

In a unanimous vote, the UAAP board officially declared the Far Eastern University Tamaraws as the 2004 champion in the menís basketball competition.

The championship has been declared vacant after De La Salle University offered to forfeit its 2004 championship, won at the expense of FEU, for fielding two ineligible players.

ďFEU was already informed through a letter addressed to Mr. (Anton) Montinola,Ē said UAAP secretary Brenn Perez of host University of the East.

ďItís just proper to award the championship trophy to FEU. There was little effect on the overall standings; UST is still the UAAP overall champion for that year.Ē

The letter sent by league president Luz Sta. Ana to Montinola, FEUís board representative, paved the way for a three-year title domination by the Tamaraws starting in 2003.

The Tamaraws settled for a runner-up finish in 2004 after bowing to the Green Archers, 2-1, in the best-of-three Finals series.

La Salle, however, surprisingly revealed in October last year that it had unknowingly fielded two ineligible basketball players in the last three years.

After a six-month investigation, the UAAP board suspended La Salle in all sports this season.

The University of Santo Tomas Growling Tigers bested the Ateneo Blue Eagles for this seasonís menís basketball crown.

League action continues among the seven-member schools with the volleyball tournament kicking off on Dec. 1 and athletics opening on Dec. 14.

oca
11-21-2006, 08:50 AM
Unanimous pa yan! ??? ???

Nasa wastong pag-iisip ba sila?

Para na rin nilang sinabi na kahit sino ang makatapat ng FEU, liban sa DLSU, ay walang pag-asang manalo sa serye. History has taught us well, should have taught the Board that is...napakarami nang pagkakataon na kung saan ang di-inaasahang mag-kampeon ay nag kampeon. But since hindi na maibabalik yung panahon na paglaruin yung mga may legit line-ups, marapat lang na i-declare na vacant ang titulo.

Ewan ko ba talaga itong UAAP Board.

MonL
11-21-2006, 08:56 AM
Unanimous pa yan! ??? ???

Nasa wastong pag-iisip ba sila?

Para na rin nilang sinabi na kahit sino ang makatapat ng FEU, liban sa DLSU, ay walang pag-asang manalo sa serye. History has taught us well, should have taught the Board that is...napakarami nang pagkakataon na kung saan ang di-inaasahang mag-kampeon ay nag kampeon. But since hindi na maibabalik yung panahon na paglaruin yung mga may legit line-ups, marapat lang na i-declare na vacant ang titulo.

Ewan ko ba talaga itong UAAP Board.

When you say "unanimous" that means there was NO dissenting vote NOR abstentions. Did this mean La Salle's rep voted "Aye" too? ???

bluebruiser90
11-21-2006, 09:42 AM
^Hindi ba suspended din ang rep ng La Salle (to vote) ?

MonL
11-21-2006, 09:48 AM
^Hindi ba suspended din ang rep ng La Salle (to vote) ?

In that case, the proper term would have been "majority."

mangtsito
11-21-2006, 10:39 AM
Diyos ko, di kaya naalala lang ng UAAP Board ang issue na ito nung ginawa ko itong thread? ;D

Kung ganun, sorry sa lahat, hehe.

danny
11-22-2006, 03:25 AM
Diyos ko, di kaya naalala lang ng UAAP Board ang issue na ito nung ginawa ko itong thread?* ;D

Kung ganun, sorry sa lahat, hehe.

Eto pala ang salarin. ;D ;)

fujima04
11-22-2006, 12:01 PM
Malamang naglolog-in din dito sa gameface ang mga members of the board ng UAAP! ;D

Joescoundrel
04-13-2007, 04:25 PM
Mabuhay ang Tamaraws!