PDA

View Full Version : Harbour Centre taps NU Bulldogs

israeli
11-01-2006, 01:19 AM
Harbour Centre taps NU Bulldogs
Inquirer (http://newsinfo.inq7.net/breakingnews/sports/view_article.php?article_id=29829)
Last updated 11:24pm (Mla time) 10/31/2006

THE National University Bulldogs did not have much success in the University Athletics Association of the Philippines basketball tournament since the days of Danny Ildefonso and Lordy Tugade.

With help from Harbour Centre, the Bulldogs are going show more bite than growl next year.

In support of the Philippine Basketball League’s “Adopt-A-School” program, Harbour Centre owner Mikee Romero recently signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with NU Chief Executive Officer Teddy Jhocson Ocampo that will help boost the school’s cage program.

“It’s our way little way to help a team in need,” said Romero. “NU has a strong basketball team, it has exciting players who need further polishing. That’s one of the reasons why we want to help NU.”

Under the agreement, the Port Masters, champions of the recent Unity Cup, will be getting NU stars Edwin Asoro, Jonathan Fernandez and 6-foot-5 Joseph LingaLingao to reinforce their coming PBL campaign.

“I’m thankful that Mr. Romero has selected us to be their partner in basketball. I believe our tie-up with Harbour Centre will enhance our image in the basketball community because Harbour Centre is already a proven winner,” said Ocampo.

“With the exposure they will be getting in playing in the PBL under Harbour’s competent coaching staff, I’m sure they will develop their self-confidence and gain maturity.”

Romero and team manager Erick Arejola are already excited with the prospect of having a future James Yap in the team.

“Fernandez is an excellent shooter in the mold of James Yap while Asoro is a high leaper who loves to dunk,” said Romero.

Aside from giving NU the avenue to develop their players, Arejola said they will also help in recruiting players for the Bulldogs.