PDA

View Full Version : Adamson Reunion at Cebuana Lhuillier-PBL

kaybee07
10-14-2006, 05:25 PM
Ex-Falcons' coach Luigi Trillo drafted UAAP MVP Karl Kenneth Bono as the top pick in yesterday's PBL Dispersal Draft.

In this morning's practice, which was also the last day of Manila tryouts, former AdU players Ramil Tagupa, and Mark Agustin joined Bono in the new team's lineup. Unfortunately, their ex-teammates Jojo Hate, Mike Yong, JB Orera, Roel Capati, Jeff Tajonera and Pat Tiongco failed to make the cut.

Meanwhile, Mark Abadia is expected to join the tryouts in Cebu this weekend.

MVBA
10-17-2006, 06:54 PM
Ex-Falcons' coach Luigi Trillo drafted UAAP MVP Karl Kenneth Bono as the top pick in yesterday's PBL Dispersal Draft.

In this morning's practice, which was also the last day of Manila tryouts, former AdU players Ramil Tagupa, and Mark Agustin joined Bono in the new team's lineup. Unfortunately, their ex-teammates Jojo Hate, Mike Yong, JB Orera, Roel Capati, Jeff Tajonera and Pat Tiongco failed to make the cut.

Please get the proper clearances first before making announcements of this nature. Mark Abadia is under contract with M. Lhuillier Kwarta Padala-Cebu City while Ramil Tagupa is in the submitted roster of Holcim Pryce Pharma-MisOr.

blue scorpion
10-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Last PBL season, there was an Ateneo-La Salle connection in Harbour. This season, it looks like there will be an Ateneo Adamson connection in Cebuana Lhuillier. Macky Escalona and Doug Kramer will be joining some of the Adamson players in Cebuana Lhuiller.

kaybee07
10-19-2006, 11:00 AM

* * *Please get the proper clearances first before making announcements of this nature.* Mark Abadia is under contract with M. Lhuillier Kwarta Padala-Cebu City while Ramil Tagupa is in the submitted roster of Holcim Pryce Pharma-MisOr.

I think it's the players who should get their clearances. Ramil Tagupa already signed a two-conference deal with Cebuana Lhuillier yesterday.

But it looks like the Adamson players left on the roster are Tagupa and Bono because Agustin was cut from the final lineup the other day... :'(

Not all is lost however, because aside from the Ateneo Adamson connection that blue scorpion mentioned, I saw a lot of other UAAP stars this week during their practices. Emerson Oreta, Abby Santos, Rey Mendoza, Ira Buyco and Elmer Espiritu to name a few..

5FootCarrot
10-19-2006, 01:38 PM
Sorry to hear about Mark Agustin being cut from the team :( Final na ba yun?

And are those other guys in the practices already part of the team as well?

kaybee07
10-21-2006, 10:43 AM
Hi carrot!

Yeah as far as I know, all the guys I mentioned in my last post were signed by Lhuillier except for Abby Santos. Hindi ata sya pinayagan ng Talk and Text where he is currently a practice player..

kaybee07
10-24-2006, 08:17 AM
Another Adamsonian has been added to the lineup of Cebuana Lhuillier as former Falcon Mark Abadia signed a one-conference deal with the team late last week. Again I'm not sure what his status is with the other league/s but I guess he straightened things out with his old team before making this move.

Abadia has been accused by his old UAAP teammates of having a big ego and this caused some disagreements in the past so I don't know if this new addition to the Adamson group will be a good or bad development for this new team.

In other Lhuillier news, UP's Abby Santos has still been joining the team's practices. I'm assuming the Lhuillier management is still working things out with Talk n Text.

And just yesterday, UE's Elmer Espiritu was traded to Mail and More for veteran Eric dela Cuesta. Dela Cuesta was Bono's teammate in their old PBL team.

Sam Miguel
10-31-2006, 08:23 PM
It would be good to see Mark Abadia back on the mainstream hardcourt, ditto Ramil Tagupa. Although if they ahve contracts with the MVBA I'd straighten things out with their teams there before coming back to the PBL. I believe these two ex-Falcons were also with the Toyota Otis team of two years ago. It is especially good to see that Tagupa is back after that very serious ACL injury he suffered just a week after former King Eagle Larry Fonacier got his.