PDA

View Full Version : Adornado will be coaching the Falcons in upcoming CCL tournament

kaybee07
10-04-2006, 10:20 PM
Because of Leo Austria's commitment to the Welcoat team in the PBA, his deputy Bogs Adornado will be coaching the Falcons in next week's Collegiate Champions' League.

(BTW, Coach Leo has hinted that he might come back to AdU again for the next UAAP season. The rules state that he cannot be head coach in the PBA and UAAP AT THE SAME TIME. There are several options available to him such as changing his status from head coach to consultant at Welcoat before the UAAP, or taking an LOA during the PBA off-season next year...I don't know what his plans are exactly but all the players and supporters have their fingers crossed for the second coming of Leo Austria at the Falcons' bench...)

Good luck to the Adamson Falcons in the CCL!

taurus_pride
10-05-2006, 02:11 PM
great news kaybee! I hope coach Leo would still be with adamson next season. Kapag nagkataon, Adu would still be a team to watch out for!

the adamson falcons will also compete sa upcoming UniGames to be held in Bacolod City sometime 3rd week of October and that will still be under Bogs Adornado.

Goodluck to the Falcons!

jombag16
10-05-2006, 04:45 PM
ok lang yan. he's with leo austria in the Adu bench before.. but i hope coach leo will come back.. maganda tlga ang performance nila this season

kaybee07
10-06-2006, 05:18 PM
Hi taurus :)

Yeah tuloy pala ang Falcons sa Bacolod for the University Games noh? The team will not be joined by Bono and Cabahug though because of their PBL commitments. Orera said he won't be joining the team also for personal reasons naman. I think they will be activating a couple of new guys from team B to replace them.

Makakalaro na ba si Canuday?

Hi jombag!

Mukhang ok naman ang paghawak ni Coach Bogs sa Falcons so far. They had a tune-up game earlier against the Bacchus-NBC team at natambakan pa nila ang kalaban nila which included such players as Allan Gamboa, Robert Sanz, Ronjay Buenafe and even "import"/team owner Bong Tan :) The final score was 105-76. ;D

Despite limited minutes, UAAP MVP Ken Bono led the Falcons in scoring with 20 points, including two three-pointers in the fourth quarter reminiscent of his performance in the AdU-ADMU Final Four game. Other players who scored in double digits today included old reliables Cabahug, Orera, and Pacheco.

Observation lang ng mga tao was, in spite of the fact na sistema parin ni Coach Leo ang pinapatakbo ni Coach Bogs, iba pa rin ang dinidiskarte ng dalawang coaches during game situations. Medyo mabagal magsalita ang acting head coach nila compared to Austria and some even observed that his strict ways and dry demeanor were reminiscent of the Falcons' ex-coach from season 68. Ibang-iba ang personalities ng dalawang coaches which made a lot of us miss Coach Leo even more... :'(

Anyway it's too early to make any judgments on Coach Bogs. Good luck nalang to him and the rest of the team in the upcoming CCL.

jombag16
10-06-2006, 06:41 PM
we'll see what happens in the CCL.. but i hope the falcons wont stop improving though

jombag16

cricohermoso
10-07-2006, 02:23 AM
wow. yeah, Leo Austria made a big difference to the Adamson team this year, just like how he handled Shell before (when the late John Moran was replaced and Austria lifted Shell to two semifinal appearances)

kinda off topic, where will Leo Austria's son Bacon play kaya? :) I'm betting Ateneo, kaso awkward naman kalaban mo tatay mo. hehe.

5FootCarrot
10-07-2006, 08:49 AM
When Coach Bogs was with the Ateneo coaching staff, he was primarily a shooting coach. I don't doubt that he knows how to lead a team to success, though. I remember he called the shots in at least one Adamson game in the summer FMC, when Adamson won over Ateneo-B :)

jombag16
10-07-2006, 07:42 PM
haha si Bacon? Tingin ko Ateneo.. i think concerned si coach Leo sa education ng anak niya, hence AHS.. besides wala naman AHS tapos lipat ng ADu..

I hope khit nasa welcoat na si coach Leo, he will still serve as consultant ng Adu.. iba tlga un ginawa nya sa falcons.. kita naman..

AnthonyServinio
10-07-2006, 11:02 PM
besides wala naman AHS tapos lipat ng ADu..
* * There was such a case in the mid 1990's . . . former Adamson point guard Roy Literal was a transferee from Ateneo de Manila.

freak
10-08-2006, 04:02 AM
Despite limited minutes, UAAP MVP Ken Bono led the Falcons in scoring with 20 points, including two three-pointers in the fourth quarter reminiscent of his performance in the AdU-ADMU Final Four game.

Seems that Ken's been practicing his threes. He also sank a couple of 3s during today's All-Star games. Nakaktakot 'to. Pag naging consistent outside shooting ni Ken, magwawala siya pagdating ng Season 70 :o

mangtsito
10-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Considering that Adornado was once part of the coaching staff of the Ateneo, he would hopefully get no insults from the Ateneo heckling crew. ;D

bluebruiser90
10-08-2006, 04:21 PM
besides wala naman AHS tapos lipat ng ADu..
* * There was such a case in the mid 1990's . . . former Adamson point guard Roy Literal was a transferee from Ateneo de Manila.

Not really an apples to apples comparisson if we want to split hairs.* Bacon will graduate from the AHS come March and will hava a choice of whether or not to stay with Ateneo or to study (and play) somewhere else.* Roy on the other hand had to leave after his third year in the AHS.* He then transferred to Adamson for his senior year in HS but did not anymore suit up for the Baby Falcons.* He returned to Ateneo in '91 and played for the Blue Eagles that featured co-rookies Coach Gabi Severino, a teamate in the HS and Gabby Cui from La Salle Zobel.* Unfortunately for Roy, his second stay with Ateneo was short lived as well as he left at the end of his freshman year. He then made his way back to Adamson and eventually started for the Falcons.

I guess the best case of an Eaglet going directly to the Falcons is Chris Eusebio whose playing career bridged from a starting role with the Eaglets backcourt to a starting role with the Falcons (with a short non-playing detour in between).* Eusebio played in the Eaglets team of Mon Tioseco but skipped college ball when he got an appointment as a cadet at the PMA.* He left the Academy his sophomore year. He then matriculated at UST to complete his undergrad course but did not play UAAP ball for the Tigers.* He then enrolled at Adamson for his Master's (which he completed) where he was bit by the basketball bug once again and starred in their backcourt during the front end of the Falcon's version of the dark years.

kaybee07
10-09-2006, 08:28 AM
All eyes will be on Coach Bogs today in the Falcons' first game in the CCL against UV at the UST Gym. Let me know what your observations are on his coaching ha? I have my own opinions but will save them until after the 2pm game..

For crico, the last time I spoke to Coach Leo sabi nya na kahit head coach sya ng AdU, if Bacon passes the ACET then he will continue his studies sa Ateneo.. :)

Joescoundrel
11-20-2006, 03:01 PM
haha si Bacon? Tingin ko Ateneo.. i think concerned si coach Leo sa education ng anak niya, hence AHS.. besides wala naman AHS tapos lipat ng ADu..

I hope khit nasa welcoat na si coach Leo, he will still serve as consultant ng Adu.. iba tlga un ginawa nya sa falcons.. kita naman..

Roy Literal graduated from the Ateneo De Manila High school, spent a year in our College then found his merry way to Adamson where he evetually finished his degree. I believe he made the transfer the same year Erwin Luna - a freshman classmate of Literal's at the Ateneo - made his move as well.

bluebruiser90
11-20-2006, 05:52 PM
Joe,

Roy actually left the AHS after his junior year and finished HS at Adamson but I don't think he played for the Baby Falcons.* At least not in the UAAP. He then found his way back to the Ateneo and played for the Senior's team that co-featured the Gabby rookies, Cui and Kotz Gab.* Erwin Luna via CSA was on probation his freshman year and didn't suit up for the Eagles.* Literal, Luna and another heralded big man from CSA, Mike Buendia all left Ateneo after their freshmen year. Erwin and Roy would later be teamates with the Falcons in arguably one of the best UAAP teams of all time talent wise that didn't win a UAAP title.

deej_adu
11-23-2006, 07:40 PM
malayo na talaga narating ng falcons... when i was watching guys like laure, madrid and ejercito play for adamson during my freshmen year talagang manghihinayang ka kasi ang daming talent pero wala pa ang puso... sa coaching ang problema kasi walang koneksyon ang players at coach... talagang magtataka ka sa mga desisyon na ginagawa ng coaching staff lalo na pag end game na... pero look at the falcons now... may talent na, may puso pa... thanks to coach leo for teaching the boys that talent isn't everything, playing with heart is...