PDA

View Full Version : Sam Ekwe Vs. Jervy Cruz

buko4
10-03-2006, 01:39 AM
Who do you think would win this Match-Up?

joelex
10-03-2006, 01:42 AM
jervy is more offensive, sam more defensive.

jervy will have a tough time definitely against Sam in the post. he will have to work doubly hard to go around Ekwe's D after getting used to the defense of....Arao? ;D

buko4
10-03-2006, 01:45 AM
jervy is more offensive, sam more defensive.

jervy will have a tough time definitely against Sam in the post. he will have to work doubly hard to go around Ekwe's D after getting used to the defense of....Arao? ;D

the DEFENSE of ARAO? sorry..may defense pala siya hehe dapat POORed Arao nalang name niyan ahha
Well..tama..pero mahihirapan din mag score si Sam kay Jervy..kasi wala naman tlga sha offense haha

5FootCarrot
10-03-2006, 08:42 AM
I would give a slight edge to Jervy Cruz.

I admit that I have not had the chance to observe Sam Ekwe's play recently, but I trust that Jervy would be able to find a way to score around (if not over) Sam.

(Sorry fellow Benedictines ;D)

Howard the Duck
10-03-2006, 02:46 PM
One on one Jervy will lose. Walang backup eh.
Jervy thrives on his teammates.

LION
10-03-2006, 05:36 PM

I admit that I have not had the chance to observe Sam Ekwe's play recently, but I trust that Jervy would be able to find a way to score around (if not over) Sam.

-------------------------------------------

It's ok Carrot. Di naman kami balat sibuyas. :)

Jervy won't be able to do his stuff against Sam. Just ask Gabby Espinas. Jervy thrives in getting those offensive rebounds against smaller or equally tall opponents. Can he do that against Sam who is taller, bigger, stronger and heavier? In addition, Sam is no slouch. He is Mr. Hustle personified. How can you beat that?

Pero kung one on one ang laban nila, hindi ko masabi kung sino ang mananalo. Ekwe's lack of dribbling and pivoting skills will negate his defense and height advantage. Baka stalemate ang kalabasan ng laban nila. 0-0 ang score. ;D

MonL
10-03-2006, 05:45 PM

-------------------------------------------

It's ok Carrot. Di naman kami balat sibuyas.* :)

Jervy won't be able to do his stuff against Sam.* Just ask Gabby Espinas.* Jervy thrives in getting those offensive rebounds against smaller or equally tall opponents. Can he do that against Sam who is taller, bigger, stronger and heavier?* In addition, Sam is no slouch.* He is Mr. Hustle personified. How can you beat that?

Pero kung one on one ang laban nila, hindi ko masabi kung sino ang mananalo.* Ekwe's lack of dribbling and pivoting skills will negate his defense and height advantage.* Baka stalemate ang kalabasan ng laban nila. 0-0 ang score.* *;D

It may boil down to converting free throws. Dyan naman umaamin kami that Sam needs a lot of work.

LION
10-03-2006, 05:50 PM
Eto isa pa.

Sam Ekwe vs. Japs Cuan. Free throw shooting contest. ;D

MonL
10-03-2006, 05:52 PM
Eto isa pa.

Sam Ekwe vs. Japs Cuan. Free throw shooting contest.* *;D

Now you're getting nasty. :D

LION
10-03-2006, 05:57 PM
Eto isa pa.

Sam Ekwe vs. Japs Cuan. Free throw shooting contest.* *;D

Now you're getting nasty.* *:D

----------------------------

Seriously, maganda sigurado and pustahan diyan. Lamang daw si Ekwe kasi mas marami ang free throw shooting arsenal niya. Pinaka sikat diyan yung backboard shooting siya. Ang wala lang e yung arinola style.

razor
10-03-2006, 06:51 PM
Hindi ba nagharap na sila sa HAIL and FMC Open last summer?

I canont recall the details but I remember that SBC drubbed UST on both occasions.

israeli
10-03-2006, 06:56 PM
i thought the match-up is between Sam Ekwe and Ken Bono? ??? ::)

christian
10-03-2006, 10:54 PM
Sam Ekwe vs. Jervy Cruz? anong laban? :)

danny
10-04-2006, 12:53 AM

I canont recall the details but I remember that SBC drubbed UST on both occasions.

This is what I also remember. While Sam was still learning to play hoops( :P ok ba? hehe) during the summer, the Red Lions mauled UST in the FMC Open and HAIL . ;D

mighty_lion
10-04-2006, 08:46 AM

This is what I* also remember.* While Sam was still learning to play* hoops(* :P* ok ba? hehe) during the summer, the Red Lions mauled UST in the FMC Open and HAIL . ;D

Both games was an all out game for the red lions. But the tigers did not have Pido Jarencio pa yata during that time. Both SBC and UST are dependent more on how the coach runs the team and not how its star players does it. Sabi nga nila dito:
Mawala na si Sam Ekwe wag lang si Koy Banal RL; guess its true aslo with UST: Mawala na si Jervy Cruz wag lang si Pido Jarencio

Ekwe is more of a defensive player, Jervy is more on the offensive side. Sam might have difficulty scoring against Jervy, but I see more on Jervy having more difficulty scoring against Sam. Sam's defense is very intimidating and frustrating for opposing players. Jervy is a putback and catch and shoot player, I would like to see how he would be able to do that against the area where Sam does his defense the best. Where a player is within 2 meter's range away from Sam, thats gonna be hard to shoot.

mighty_lion
10-04-2006, 09:11 AM
Id rather not see Sam Ekwe Vs. Jervy Cruz. Parang pinagcontest mo ng free throw si Sam and Japs Cuan. I guess Red Lions vs UST series is far more interesting. Lions vs. Tigers. Pusa sa Pusa! ;D

Sam Miguel
10-24-2006, 08:51 PM
One on one Sam Ekwe wiuld eat Jervy Cruz alive on sheer size and strength.

Three on three, say Sam with Pong Escobal and Bam Gamalinda then Jervy with Jojo Duncil and Dylan Ababou, I think Jervy's side would win but it'd be close.

lekiboy
10-24-2006, 09:20 PM
sino nga pala nanalo ng 3 on 3 sa dalawang teams last time? phils and asia ba? ;D