PDA

View Full Version : Burlington Philippine Advocacy League

joelex
10-03-2006, 01:27 AM
hardcore teams such as Phil Star and Wang's ballclub are playing hope anyone can give more info on this league in San Andres, Manila, overseen by no less than Ateneo legend Fritz Gaston.

buko4
10-03-2006, 01:33 AM
CKP168 is also in that tournament. With Galen Cacha and Ira Buyco manning the middle for them, Derrick Huablde and Paolo Malonzo shooting the lights out, Ronnie "The Tweaker" Zagala driving the lanes..i think that they are a championship contender team

joelex
12-03-2006, 02:20 AM
patrolling manila's less regarded leagues as much as i can, the PAL-Burlington league championship between CKP168 and MB Hotshots yesterday was one any basketball fan would truly appreciate as players from both sides played with intensity in front of a JAMPACKED crowd at the san andres sports complex in Manila (packed by San Andres locals).

CKP paraded familiar names such as Derrick Hubalde, Paolo Malonzo, Ronnie Zagala, UP's Ira Buyco and Galen Cacha, Leo Villar, Philip Butel, and beefed up by New Era University, led by much heralded Jeff de Guzman. Last but not the least is NAASCU's gameface hardcore player of the year Chito Jaime, who by my estimate scored around 30 pts in a 100-99 OT win for the CKP team....

MB Hotshots's best roster included Eugene Tan, NBC stalwarts Ferdie Go and Rodel Mallari, RTU's Ignacio and San Lorenzo's Mark Marcos, and Mcdo Santos..they were also streghtened by PATTS mainstays such as James Abulan and their head coach Manny Mendoza was also in the lineup...

buko4, how did you get to know about the league, did you also watch the championship match?

btw, Ronnie Zagala won the MVP plum.

sulit na sulit ang aking panonood, bakbakan talaga at mainit ang labanan.