PDA

View Full Version : PRE- AND POST-GAME ANALYSIS: Final Four Ateneo vs. Adamson

Jump_Shooter
09-14-2006, 06:06 PM
Post all comments here. This promises to be an exciting game considering both elimination round match-ups went down the wire. But will Ateneo have an intact line-up?

Sam Miguel
09-14-2006, 08:34 PM
Adamson has been exposed as a team that is rather predictable. Ken Bono and Reynel Hugnatan take the post. Marvin Poloyapoy and Pat Cabahug dribble-penetrate. Mike Yong and Jun Pacheco snipe from the outside. Everyone thinks defense is a nasty rumor. I already said the key to success for Adamson should be to diversify their offense and to tighten up on defense. They couldn't get it done against UST, I doubt they'll get it done against Ateneo. Ateneo may have pulled off mere escape acts in the regular season, but in the playoffs Norman Black totally transforms his team. If Adamson couldn't beat a "regular" Ateneo game, it is rightly doubtful they can beat the "up a level" playoffs game of Ateneo. This so-called "Pintakasi" of raptors is a foregone conclusion: Ateneo by at least eight and then onto the Finals.

GreenArrows
09-15-2006, 07:35 AM
Both 1st and 2nrd round games were won by ADMU through last second heroics and bungling plays by AdU. However, this is the Final Four. ADMU is primed and focused more than ever as they are already smelling a FOURTH UAAP mens basketball crown within their grasp.

I do not think this game will be close at all. ADMU will dominate this game from the opening jump ball. MVP candidate Intal will outshine MVP candidate leader Bono in this game and will show why it pays to be slim and quick over bulky and slow. Kramer, Tiu, Escalona will easily put the shackles on both Bono and Cabahug thus shutting down effectively any offense that AdU may have. Kramer, Arao, Al Husseini, Latere will body out the bulky Bono and Hugnatan from most rebound plays while Escalona, Tiu, Salamat, Reyes will baffle the AdU guards all afternoon. Defense will be the key and ADMU has the manpower and bench to sustain theirs. AdU will be sorely outmatched against ADMU. Oh well, at least they made the Final Four in a seven-team competition.

Yes, a blue bird will fly high this Sunday and it wont be a falcon.

awol
09-15-2006, 02:25 PM
i do not think Intal will outshine Bono. though, i do expect ADMU to dominate Adu. They are better at 4 positions and they have a deeper bench. And of course, norman black has done a good job of molding the team. better than average defense and very good offensive sets.

Howard the Duck
09-15-2006, 05:14 PM
Ateneo by a huge margin

And Bono will be the MVP

cub
09-15-2006, 09:41 PM
ateneo in two games..

christian
09-15-2006, 10:57 PM
whoever flies high will win ;D

israeli
09-17-2006, 08:35 PM
the Ateneo Blue Eagles defeated the Adamson Falcons, 76-73. Ateneo advances to the finals.

mangtsito
09-17-2006, 08:53 PM
It could have been a big margin, but the refs had something else in mind.

pusong atenista
09-18-2006, 01:32 AM
what's the real score behind chris' face mask? i heard that he was hit by zion during practice.

pusong atenista
09-18-2006, 01:46 AM
O.T.
what's the real score behind chris' face mask? i heard that he was hit by zion during practice.

anyway, i agree that there were, uhm, questinable calls by the refs awhile ago. if it weren't for those, i guess the score wouldn't be as close as it was.

Agent 008
09-18-2006, 01:38 PM
unbelievably questionable calls...the uaap hosts should do something about it. i watched the re-run just to be sure i wasn't being biased against the refs. i was wrong.

Mateen Cleaves
09-18-2006, 01:54 PM
O.T.

anyway, i agree that there were, uhm, questinable calls by the refs awhile ago. if it weren't for those, i guess the score wouldn't be as close as it was.

Give Bono and Cabahug credit naman. Regardless of what you think about the referees' impact on the game, these two players were the biggest reasons Adamson had a shot at this game.

bluebruiser90
09-18-2006, 01:57 PM
I don't think anybody from Ateneo is denying the efforts given by these two gentlemen. Regardless of how bad the calls were, at the end of the day, the Falcons still needed to show up and put the ball into the hoop. Ken Bono made sure that they would always have a chance to win.

dvdx
09-18-2006, 04:00 PM
MVP's going to Bono.

huge game, and it was against ateneo! how many points did he make? even though they lost.

3-pt fg:100%

oh yeah..there was not a game that Intal has failed to dunk the damn ball, was there? i like his dunks better than that of aguilar's. just smooth.

john_paul_manahan
09-18-2006, 04:20 PM
bono 33 pts
cabahug 25 pts

58 of 73... wow...

only other major pt contributor was marvin's 7 pts.

BigBlue
09-18-2006, 04:24 PM
MVP's going to Bono.

huge game, and it was against ateneo! how many points did he make? even though they lost.

3-pt fg:100%

Bono was actually 3-of-5 from the 3pt line.

Jump_Shooter
09-21-2006, 09:51 PM
Locking this thread.