PDA

View Full Version : Falcons Updates

kaybee07
09-11-2006, 03:24 PM
This thread is for those who want to closely monitor the developments within the Falcons camp. Everyone is welcome to post info here as long as they are factual so as not to mislead the readers.

Thanks!

Monday, September 11

- Some of our players have been complaining of what seems like food poisoning since yesterday. The worst hit was Marvin Poloyapoy, who was rushed to the hospital after complaining of a severe stomachache last night. He is currently confined at Medical Center Manila.

- The team received their ballots from the UAAP to vote for this year's MVP and Mythical 5. However there were strict instructions which stated they could not vote for a member of their own team.

- With just days to go before their playoff game against UST, the team has yet to receive their new game uniforms.

- However, the players have finally been given their supply of Sunbolt sports drinks after a month-long wait.

kaybee07
09-12-2006, 10:12 AM
Tuesday, September 12

- The Falcons are taking a break from the basketball court today as per Coach Austria's instructions. Some have opted to lift weights while others chose to do cardio exercises.

- Poloyapoy is still in the hospital.

MargaretThrasher
09-12-2006, 11:15 AM
Napanis na kasi yung meal allowance, ayan tuloy! :P I really hope that food poisoning goes away soon, though. Good thing your other players (the others complaining) didn't go to the hospital, too.

lurkinggood
09-12-2006, 12:51 PM
Tuesday, September 12

- The Falcons are taking a break from the basketball court today as per Coach Austria's instructions. Some have opted to lift weights while others chose to do cardio exercises.

- Poloyapoy is still in the hospital.

I hope Poloyapoy recovers fast. Adamson badly needs him for the playoffs. Without him, it will be an uphill battle against the UST Tigers.

kaybee07
09-13-2006, 09:23 PM
Wednesday, September 13

- Good news for lurkinggood and others who have hoped for Poloyapoy's recovery, he was discharged from the hospital today and even participated in the team's practice. Bad news is he's not yet 100% healthy.

- Leo Canuday dropped by and showed his teammates his "cast-less" arm. It was still bandaged though. (Taurus should be able to update us on his recovery in future posts.)

- University president Fr. Greg Banaga went to the gym before the end of today's training and gave an inspirational talk. He also gave the players KitKat chocolates and wished them good luck for tomorrow's game.

taurus_pride
09-13-2006, 10:14 PM
Wednesday, September 13

- Good news for lurkinggood and others who have hoped for Poloyapoy's recovery, he was discharged from the hospital today and even participated in the team's practice. Bad news is he's not yet 100% healthy.

- Leo Canuday dropped by and showed his teammates his "cast-less" arm. It was still bandaged though. (Taurus should be able to update us on his recovery in future posts.)

- University president Fr. Greg Banaga went to the gym before the end of today's training and gave an inspirational talk. He also gave the players KitKat chocolates and wished them good luck for tomorrow's game.

too bad about Poloyapoy. kung kelan naman kailangan ng point guard tsaka nangyayari yung mga ganyang sitwasyon. we'll be praying for his fast recovery.

about Leo Canuday, the cast was removed last friday but his arm will still be on bandage for 2 more weeks and it is still swollen. but its definitely getting better everyday!

bakit ganun? may game na sila bukas ah. bakit wala pa din yung uniform nila? akala ko ba kapag nakapasok na sa final 4 eh magpapagawa na sila ng new uniform? oh well...

kaybee07
09-15-2006, 09:19 AM
Thursday, September 14

- Game vs UST at PhilSports 4pm

- Falcons still donned their old uniforms :(

- Allan Santos and Paul Danru Gonzalgo were brought to MCM due to injuries they incurred in the game.

taurus_pride
09-15-2006, 09:26 AM
We went to MCM after the game last night to check on the 2 falcons who got into some accident during the game. Fortunately, there were no fracture found on the Rib Xray of Allan Santos and he was only given pain reliever. And Paul Dhanru Gonzalgo, i believe, was given nasal spray and had some test to check on the bleeding nose caused by a headbat from a UST player. Good news is, they will both play on Sunday!

5FootCarrot
09-15-2006, 12:43 PM
Good to know that your players are recovering :) I'm looking forward to Sunday - if the eliminations are any indication, it should be a really exciting game!

Makakalaro na ba si Canuday by then? I'm just wondering. Of course, if he still needs to rest, I won't object ;D

It's weird lang about the uniforms, though - kaybee posted long before that the school was following up its order with Accel (?), so even if the uniforms were being withheld for the Final 4, they should have arrived well before yesterday. :( Anyway, I hope maayos na yan. Sayang naman kasi, inorder tapos ang tagal bago mapakinabangan!

taurus_pride
09-16-2006, 07:32 PM
hey there 5FootCarrot!

Unfortunately, Leo Canuday still cant play tomorrow. Though his arm is no longer on cast, but it still needs bandage and arm sling, since the joints are still reforming. he will actually goin to have a check up this coming friday and hopefully after that he will start his therapy in time for the Champions League or UniGames or PBL if we're gonna be lucky.

Hope Adamson will win tomorrow! God Bless to them all! :)

kaybee07
09-16-2006, 10:46 PM
Hi Carrot!

No uniforms arrived at practice today (Saturday). The players don't expect them to arrive tomorrow either. Oh well!

Sorry for the late updates. Here goes:

Friday, September 15

- Team had an extra long viewing session before the morning practice.

- Some of the players and members of the coaching staff attended mass together at the chapel on-campus.

- An alumnus hosted dinner for the team at McDonald's.

Saturday, September 16

- Team was only able to use half of the gym for most of its practice today; the AdU Pep Squad insisted on using the other half to rehearse its halftime number for the next day's game. An argument almost ensued between a cheerleader and Falcons fan Hector because of this. The coaches and players were unhappy with having to share the gym while they prepared for the do-or-die game.

- Courtside reporter Jam visited and interviewed the coaches.

- Hugnatan complained of neck pain and did not feel well enough to finish the practice.

john_paul_manahan
09-16-2006, 11:25 PM
Friday, September 15

- Team had an extra long viewing session before the morning practice.

they have to...

Saturday, September 16

- Team was only able to use half of the gym for most of its practice today; the AdU Pep Squad insisted on using the other half to rehearse its halftime number for the next day's game. An argument almost ensued between a cheerleader and Falcons fan Hector because of this. The coaches and players were unhappy with having to share the gym while they prepared for the do-or-die game.

oh boy... this is ridiculous...

- Courtside reporter Jam visited and interviewed the coaches.

someone in gameface would be gushing if he was interviewed by jam ;D

- Hugnatan complained of neck pain and did not feel well enough to finish the practice.

now this is an intersting development... this isn't a good sign... hope he'll be ok...

my comments in bold

Raging Blue
09-17-2006, 12:58 AM
Hi Carrot!

No uniforms arrived at practice today (Saturday). The players don't expect them to arrive tomorrow either. Oh well!

Man that's just, DISGUSTING!

Though I am biased Blue Eagles fan, I sincerely wish our respective teams good luck for the final four game later today and here's hoping that all our players avoid any major injuries and that we all go home safely after the game.

jembengzon
09-17-2006, 07:09 AM
Hi Carrot!

Man that's just, DISGUSTING!

Though I am biased Blue Eagles fan, I sincerely wish our respective teams good luck for the final four game later today and here's hoping that all our players avoid any major injuries and that we all go home safely after the game.

will somebody tell the admin and those cheerleaders that the team IS THE MAIN SHOW ?* first time nga umabot sa final four, halos mamatay-matay and mga players playing for the school, tapos ganito pa !

bakit di nalang naghintay and cheerleaders after the practice ? boy, inspite of everything and the lack of support, you should really be proud of your guys. mabuhay kayo* :)

mangtsito
09-17-2006, 08:10 AM
So the Falcons actually had to share the court with the originality-ossified Adamson Pep squad? And no one insisted enough that the Falcons should have the whole court?

Well, if Adamson loses today, you know who to blame.

jembengzon
09-17-2006, 07:40 PM
props to the falcons for a well played season, and a well played game.* ken bono showed why he's deserving of the mvp.* he put the team to his back and almost carried them to victory.* and even after the game, he showed a lot of class and sportsmanship by congratulating the blue eagles for a game well played.* great game, greater person, ken.

props to to patrick cabahug who also showed his stuff.* think he was too intense and disappointed after the game, but he left all of it all on the floor.* heck, the whole squad did. congrats.

but my hat goes off to coach leo austria, for a great chess match, and more so, for motivating this year's team* to play to their true potential. good game coach, and kudos to you and your staff.

mangtsito
09-17-2006, 07:42 PM
So the Falcons actually had to share the court with the originality-ossified Adamson Pep squad?* And no one insisted enough that the Falcons should have the whole court?

Well, if Adamson loses today, you know who to blame.

Ateneo wins over Adamson today. Good job Adamson pep squad.

kaybee07
09-18-2006, 12:06 PM
^ Matagal nang may rift between the AdU basketball team and the pep squad. I think it began when one of the players got into an argument with the coach of the pep squad a few years back. Things have never been the same since, and I'm sure because of the outcome of yesterday's game, lalong magkakainisan ang mga yun.

Back to our updates..

Sunday, September 17

- Final 4 game vs ADMU, Araneta Coliseum 2pm

- NEW UNIFORMS FINALLY ARRIVED! (and were only good for one game)

- Hugnatan played in spite of his high blood pressure (the reason for his neck pain the day before)

- Bono duplicated his season-best 33 points (including 3 three-pointers) and along with Cabahug scored 58 of AdU's 73 total points

- After the game, the team and their families had dinner at Kamayan Edsa courtesy of Father Borja of Adamson

With yesterday's loss to Ateneo, we now say goodbye to: our daily updates (until the next tournament, at least), courtside reporter Jam dela Cruz (unless she pulls a "Gretchen Fullido" and returns for a third year as AdU courtside reporter), team captain Mike Yong, point guard Marvin Poloyapoy, one-year player JB Orera, and possibly Leo Austria, AdU's best coach ever --- unless he opts not to sign with Welcoat and stays with the Falcons for two more years as he originally planned.

john_paul_manahan
09-18-2006, 03:18 PM
^ Matagal nang may rift between the AdU basketball team and the pep squad. I think it began when one of the players got into an argument with the coach of the pep squad a few years back. Things have never been the same since, and I'm sure because of the outcome of yesterday's game, lalong magkakainisan ang mga yun.

i see...

- Hugnatan played in spite of his high blood pressure (the reason for his neck pain the day before)

- Bono duplicated his season-best 33 points (including 3 three-pointers) and along with Cabahug scored 58 of AdU's 73 total points

great effort... you can see the determination

- After the game, the team and their families had dinner at Kamayan Edsa courtesy of Father Borja of Adamson

they really deserve it

With yesterday's loss to Ateneo, we now say goodbye to:

Jam dela Cruz

- someone is sad...

team captain Mike Yong, point guard Marvin Poloyapoy, one-year player JB Orera

this means a pt guard quandary

and possibly Leo Austria, AdU's best coach ever

it'll be a tough choice... but if he leaves, just for continuity, let him have a say on who will succeed him

kudos to a great season... great crowd...

taurus_pride
09-18-2006, 04:19 PM
Good Job Adamson!

Coach Leo Austria, please STAY!!! :)

Posterized
09-18-2006, 08:50 PM
Kaybee, Taurus,

Kung ako sa inyo di na ako aasa na babalik si Coach Leo. Hindi lang dahil sa Welcoat. Mas malaking bagay ang paglalaro ng anak niya sa Ateneo. Blood is thicker than basketball. :)

BigBlue
09-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Kaybee, Taurus,

Kung ako sa inyo di na ako aasa na babalik si Coach Leo. Hindi lang dahil sa Welcoat. Mas malaking bagay ang paglalaro ng anak niya sa Ateneo. Blood is thicker than basketball. :)

so out of the question na na lumipat si Bacon sa Adamson after he graduates from HS?

taurus_pride
09-20-2006, 09:05 AM
Kaybee, Taurus,

We understand that. I would still personally hope though...

Mateen Cleaves
09-20-2006, 09:49 AM
With yesterday's loss to Ateneo, we now say goodbye to: our daily updates (until the next tournament, at least), courtside reporter Jam dela Cruz (unless she pulls a "Gretchen Fullido" and returns for a third year as AdU courtside reporter), team captain Mike Yong, point guard Marvin Poloyapoy, one-year player JB Orera, and possibly Leo Austria, AdU's best coach ever --- unless he opts not to sign with Welcoat and stays with the Falcons for two more years as he originally planned.

Wala bang option na maging consultant si Coach Leo, and then one of the current assistant coaches (si Jing Ruiz, ba 'yon?) can continue the program that was started this year?

kaybee07
09-20-2006, 09:26 PM

Wala bang option na maging consultant si Coach Leo, and then one of the current assistant coaches (si Jing Ruiz, ba 'yon?) can continue the program that was started this year?

In the event he is deemed ineligible to coach the Falcons next year, Coach Leo said he will serve as the team's consultant and Coach Bogs Adornado will be elevated to the position of Adamson head coach..

taurus_pride
09-25-2006, 12:21 PM
For those who wants to know updates regarding Leo Canuday's injury, we have some great news for you.

The bandage was finally removed last Friday and as of this day, the rehab and therapy for his left arm will start. And hopefully he can be back to attend Adu's basketball practice after 2-4 weeks.

To the people who believe in Leo Canuday, please help us pray for the success of his therapy.

Thanks!

oca
09-25-2006, 03:00 PM

In the event he is deemed ineligible to coach the Falcons next year, Coach Leo said he will serve as the team's consultant and Coach Bogs Adornado will be elevated to the position of Adamson head coach..

Kung ganyan ang magiging arrangement, kahit papaano ay may continuity and pagpapatakbo ng team. Which means, us basketball nuts can expect more great games from Adamson.

Mahirap yung pa iba-iba ng sistema at magsimula ulit sa uno.

5FootCarrot
10-07-2006, 08:56 AM
I heard that Ken Bono announced on Korina Sanchez's show that he will be returning to play his final year for Adamson. Wow, that's major news :) Good luck!

I also heard that Adamson had a formidable shooter serving eligibility this season (so he might be seeing action next season), a transfer from Metro Manila Colleges. I've seen that guy in action and think that he will only become more lethal under the tutelage of Coach Bogs Adornado.

Pasensya na kayo, though, because if I ever see him in action again I will be calling him "Dorothy." He earned that nickname because of the colorful shoes he was wearing during the Ateneo-MMC game in last year's FMC2 :P *hums "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"*

mangtsito
10-08-2006, 11:12 AM
With the exit of Ateneo's 3 veterans, Adamson has a good chance of breaking the 9-year losing slump against Ateneo.

Of course, Ateneo would try it's darndest to prevent that from happening. Go for 10! ;D

Howard the Duck
10-08-2006, 11:43 PM
OK ha, may inside info tayo from Kaybee :D

Sam Miguel
10-24-2006, 08:40 PM
Is it confirmed that Ken Bono will return for his fifth year in Season 70?

How is he academically by the way?

kaybee07
10-24-2006, 11:02 PM
Is it confirmed that Ken Bono will return for his fifth year in Season 70?

How is he academically by the way?

Hi Sam!

Ken is a fourth year BSBA Management student at Adamson. He will not yet be graduating this March as the UAAP does not allow second coursers to play anymore. However he said that his decision to return for his fifth year will depend on who will be coaching the Falcons next season..

mangtsito
10-25-2006, 12:51 AM
^ Do you mean the practice of taking a double major? I think it's still allowed. The prohibition applies to masteral students.

Joescoundrel
10-25-2006, 07:08 PM
I hope the big man for the Falcons comes back for a fifth year. Although is his decision hinges on who the new coach will be, I don't think he'll stick around if its Bogs Adornado. Bogs was one helluva player and a great skills coach but I don't think he's the kind of coach that Ken Bono will learn from. And Bono needs all the learning he can get so that he will be even more ready to turn pro.

kaybee07
10-28-2006, 11:45 AM
I agree with you Joe..

In case Bono decides not to play in the UAAP next year, he doesn't need to apply for the PBA draft naman right away. He can continue playing with the Lhuillier team which is known for joining numerous tournaments here and abroad, or he can work out with a PBA team as a practice player...

Wang-Bu
10-30-2006, 05:27 PM
Kung gustong maging high draft pick ni Bono sa susunod na PBA Draft dapat sa kanya pagibayuhin ang kanyang physical fitness. Nadadala naman niya ang kanyang kasalukuyang timbang, kita naman ng lahat na nakakatakbo siya sa transition at maliksi pa naman ang mga galaw niya sa poste. Kaya nga lang halata din na kinakapos na siya paglamppas ng 30 minutes playing time niya, lalo sa fourth quarter. Sa PBA hindi pwede ang hindi magandang fitness. Tignan na lang natin ang makakasagupa ni Bono sa 4 at 5 kung sakali man: Asi Taulava, Dorian Pena, Danny Ildefonso, Sonny Thoss, Rafi Reavis, Eric Menk, Enrico Villanueva, Don Allado, Dennis Espino, Yancy De Ocampo, Ali Peek. Lahat ng mga manlalarong ito matataas ang level ng physical fitness. Mabibilis silang tumakbo at matataas tumalon.

Ang dapat gawing halimbawa ni Bono si Enrico Villauneva. Hindi din masyadong magandang fitness ni Villanueva nung nasa college pa siya, pero nung makaangat na siya sa PBA duon niya unti-unting pinagibayo ang kanyang fitness. Ganyan ang dapat gayahin ni Bono. Hindi naman kailangang maging Doug Kramer o Mark Isip ang katawan niya pero tancha ko lang malaking bagay ng gumaan siya ng mga 10-15 pounds.

easter
10-30-2006, 08:01 PM
Ang dapat gawing halimbawa ni Bono si Enrico Villauneva. Hindi din masyadong magandang fitness ni Villanueva nung nasa college pa siya, pero nung makaangat na siya sa PBA duon niya unti-unting pinagibayo ang kanyang fitness. Ganyan ang dapat gayahin ni Bono. Hindi naman kailangang maging Doug Kramer o Mark Isip ang katawan niya pero tancha ko lang malaking bagay ng gumaan siya ng mga 10-15 pounds.

Agree ako dito. Noong college pa lang si Villanueva ay talagang di rin ganun ka fit at talagang bondying siya nun pero di rin naman siya kasing unfit ni Bono. Kung offensive skills lang ang usapan, mas lamang si Bono kay Villanueva.

Sam Miguel
10-31-2006, 08:19 PM
Are there any new faces UAAP fans and hardcore hoops junkies can look forward to seeing in the blue and silver of Adamson anytime in the near future?

Are there any Baby Falcons ready to take the big flight up to the Seniors level?