PDA

View Full Version : A bit of good news for a change...

kaybee07
08-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Baka kasi sobra na kayong nadedepress sa mga nababasa n'yo dito sa AdU forum..

... Leo and Mae Canuday's pitbull Aslan won first place in a dog show at Tiendesitas over the weekend.

... Pat Cabahug is marrying longtime gf Guia in civil rites on Friday.

... Mico Pacheco and gf Lorrey are celebrating their 4th anniversary soon.

... one of our sophomore players and his gf are expecting a baby early next year. I didn't reveal their identities on purpose because I don't think a lot of people know about her "condition" yet. ;) But a baby is a blessing so it's still considered good news. :)

Just to show everyone that in spite of all the negativity surrounding the team, our Falcons are still able to derive their inspiration and happiness from other sources.

jombag16
08-29-2006, 09:18 PM
wow! thats nice to hear.. anu yun siblings un leo at yun girl canuday...?

5FootCarrot
08-30-2006, 09:22 AM
Congratulations to the dog (and its proud owners), the soon-to-be-newlyweds, the happy couple and the parents-to-be...OK, I think that covers everyone :D

Thanks as always for sharing, kaybee :)

LION
08-30-2006, 10:19 AM
Bakit parang ang mga players e either mag aasawa na, may asawa na or may anak na? Hmmmmm. :)

taurus_pride
08-30-2006, 11:31 AM
wow! thats nice to hear.. anu yun siblings un leo at yun girl canuday...?

just a clarification, they are not siblings. couple sila, hehehe. ;D mareng kaybee is just used to call the couples of adu bball team especially the gfs with the player's last names for some reasons (amin na lang yun, hehehe). ;D

for added infos, leo canuday kase is into dogs especially pitbulls. he handles and trains his dogs on his own during dog shows. isa din kase yun sa mga passion niya aside for basketball.

kaybee, i appreciate this thread and also leo for sure. its something new for us at least not to be bored with the same old nega issues about adu. watch kayo ulet ng dog show ni ASLAN ha!

A special thanks to Ken and Maya Bono and Lorrey Anne for warching our big boy ASLAN sa dog show. You guys are our lucky charms! ;D

kaybee07
08-31-2006, 07:58 AM
Bakit parang ang mga players e either mag aasawa na, may asawa na or may anak na? Hmmmmm.* :)

I don't know what the status of other UAAP players are, but sa Adamson nga most of the players are either married, engaged, or have/are expecting kids..

oca
08-31-2006, 08:55 AM
Bakit parang ang mga players e either mag aasawa na, may asawa na or may anak na? Hmmmmm.* :)

I don't know what the status of other UAAP players are, but sa Adamson nga most of the players are either married, engaged, or have/are expecting kids..

Masaya, di ba? ;)

LION
08-31-2006, 09:16 AM
Baka kasi may negative impact yan sa conditioning at concentration ng mga players.

Pag nagtimpla ng gatas sa gabi o madaling araw para kay baby. O kaya pag nangalabit si missis o yung player at may laro pa the following day. :D

oca
08-31-2006, 09:22 AM
Baka kasi may negative impact yan sa conditioning at concentration ng mga players.

Pag nagtimpla ng gatas sa gabi o madaling araw para kay baby. O kaya pag nangalabit si missis o yung player at may laro pa the following day.* :D

Kung kalabit lang ni labs, okay lang yun...pero, tama ka, nakakapuyat yung mag-alaga ng baby. :D

kaybee07
08-31-2006, 09:35 AM
Based on the players' stats, I think most of the married/engaged guys and new daddies on the team are performing well in spite of the changes in their personal lives.

Mark Agustin and JB Orera's wives both gave birth this year. But I'd like to think that most of the caretaking duties of their kids fall on the mommies, especially before the games..

5FootCarrot
08-31-2006, 10:38 AM
Kudos to the mommies for being so supportive of their SOs. :) It's nice to hear about that kind of cooperation especially when the parents are still trying to make their place in this world.

I hope the daddies make it up to them in the offseason, though, hehe ;D *imagines Mark Agustin, tattoos, bleached hair and all, changing diapers while the missus has a well-deserved day with the girls*

mangtsito
08-31-2006, 02:41 PM
^ I have a new idea for the next Adamson fundraiser (yeah, yeah, I know...let's just assume that the proceeds will be given this time)

Comedy-gameshow ala The Newlyweds Game ;D Tapos yung mga tanong lahat mushy stuff tungkol sa Adamson players ;D (Paano siya nagsabi ng "I love you" for the first time? Ano ang ginawa niya para magkabalikan kayo? Ano ang kinakanta niya para suyuin ka? ;D ;D ;D )

jombag16
09-02-2006, 09:15 PM
guys,

ok na si leo canuday. he's out of danger na,but sustained a dislocated arm in their win vs. UE. maybe this is a blessing for the other guys to step up their game, like Marc agustin.. wait lang, i don't get it, these guys are too young to have families of their own you know. are they supported by the school, alumni for having families or getting married? is their policy about this?

Charlene

mangtsito
09-03-2006, 03:11 AM
guys,

ok na si leo canuday. he's out of danger na,but sustained a dislocated arm in their win vs. UE. maybe this is a blessing for the other guys to step up their game, like Marc agustin.. wait lang, i don't get it, these guys are too young to have families of their own you know. are they supported by the school, alumni for having families or getting married? is their policy about this?

Charlene

I was trying to avoid asking that question ;D

Maybe they get really big allowances from the PBL. Compared to how their own school is treating them, that's certainly good news.

kaybee07
09-03-2006, 05:48 AM
guys,

* * * * * * ok na si leo canuday. he's out of danger na,but sustained a dislocated arm in their win vs. UE. maybe this is a blessing for the other guys to step up their game, like Marc agustin.. wait lang, i don't get it, these guys are too young to have families of their own you know. are they supported by the school, alumni for having families or getting married? is their policy about this?

Charlene

I was trying to avoid asking that question* ;D*

Maybe they get really big allowances from the PBL.* Compared to how their own school is treating them, that's certainly good news.

I can't generalize, but I can speak for some of the players who say that their personal and financial lives have improved after getting married. Not all of them have kids na naman, so I guess mas nakakaipon sila with two incomes instead of surviving on their meager allowances (only two of our players are currently in the PBL naman at 'di rin kalakihan ang sweldo nila doon). And sigurado na they receive a lot of much-needed moral support from their partners.

I don't think the school has a stand on this issue. And it's not like the admin has a right to forbid the players to get married anyway.

taurus_pride
09-06-2006, 11:48 AM
guys,

* * * * * * ok na si leo canuday. he's out of danger na,but sustained a dislocated arm in their win vs. UE. maybe this is a blessing for the other guys to step up their game, like Marc agustin.. wait lang, i don't get it, these guys are too young to have families of their own you know. are they supported by the school, alumni for having families or getting married? is their policy about this?

Charlene

I dont think the admin of adu has the right na makialam sa personal lives of the players (just like what mel alas did last year!) especially if they choose to marry or have a baby. if you are asking if financially they are supported by the school, NO, they are not. Knowing adamson sa kahigpitan sa pera, no way! Tsaka its not naman the obligation pa of the school to shoulder the families of the players. And i dont think there should be a policy about this. As long as the player is doing their jobs, okay na yun.

gilly10
09-06-2006, 07:49 PM
hello!!!

Just new here....Kaybee.....HELLO!----Your friend from down under! hehe

mangtsito
09-08-2006, 08:45 AM
Since Adamson is now officially in the Final 4, maybe the good news that everyone is waiting for will finally be given, i.e. the proceeds of the fundraising activity.

kaybee07
09-08-2006, 09:18 AM
May nagpakain na alumni kagabi sa Kamayan after the game yesterday pero hindi daw galing sa proceeds ng fundraiser, eh. Bittersweet news ata ito...

taurus_pride
09-08-2006, 09:21 AM
Since Adamson is now officially in the Final 4, maybe the good news that everyone is waiting for will finally be given, i.e. the proceeds of the fundraising activity.

sana nga mangtsito!

in fairness to them, the alumni of the college of chemical engineering sponsored a buffet dinner in Saisaki restaurant. and from what we heard from the sports director last night, the new uniforms are finally on its way to adamson, hehehe ;D

kenneth duremdes also dropped by to greet the players and wish them luck for the coming games! surprise daw ng adu alumni yun sa mga players para mainspired sila... oh well!

sana nga there are still more to come! Welcome ADU to the Final 4 at long last!!! ;D ;D ;D

bluewing
09-08-2006, 12:58 PM
magpapalit ng jersey design ang falcons mid-season?

hanep ah. parang mighty ducks.

5FootCarrot
09-08-2006, 02:12 PM
May nagpakain na alumni kagabi sa Kamayan after the game yesterday pero hindi daw galing sa proceeds ng fundraiser, eh. Bittersweet news ata ito...

It's OK, kaybee, just think of it as a gesture of support from the Adamson alumni :) It's too bad that they have not made gestures like this in the past, but that's in the past now - kalimutan na muna yan, the Falcons have so much to be excited about these days!

Glad to hear din that the uniforms will be arriving. Sana tuloy-tuloy na yung pagsuporta sa team. :)

mangtsito
09-09-2006, 08:24 AM

It's actually a good thing that the money didn't come from the fundraising proceeds.

Kung ganun kamahal yung restaurant na kinainan, parang nasayang lang yung fundraising activity kung pinang-blow out lang yung proceeds.

kaybee07
09-09-2006, 09:13 AM
Hi Carrot and mangstito..

You guys are right. The best way our boys can forgive the sins of the past is if the school makes up for them now. Tutal the Falcons have achieved what was asked of them by entering the final four, it's now time for them to reap their rewards and what was promised them by the admin.

Wait and see tayong lahat ngayon. Update ko kayo agad..

jombag16
09-11-2006, 03:42 PM
yehey! pasok ang AdU sa Final four! but i hope na masustain nila un winning ways nila, not be contented with what they achieved. sana all the way na ito! i believed na talented ang team na ito at tama ang ginagawa ni coach Austria na system bec. driven ang team unlike in the past years na ok lang ang matalo.

About AdU players having families- tama ka, ok lang siguro as long as ndi sagabal un bilang student-athletes.. wow! ang galing naman nila mag juggle!!

kaybee07
09-12-2006, 10:33 AM
yehey! pasok ang AdU sa Final four! but i hope na masustain nila un winning ways nila, not be contented with what they achieved. sana all the way na ito! i believed na talented ang team na ito at tama ang ginagawa ni coach Austria na system bec. driven ang team unlike in the past years na ok lang ang matalo.

About AdU players having families- tama ka, ok lang siguro as long as ndi sagabal un bilang student-athletes.. wow! ang galing naman nila mag juggle!!

I agree with you on all points, jombag! Rest assured the Falcons are going to play to win in the final four, many thanks to the inspired performances of our players under the leadership of Leo Austria and with the support of their families of course..

Paul of Bataan
09-12-2006, 10:42 AM
Getting coach Leo was a godsend. Thanks to him, Adamson can be beaten, but can no longer be outcoached. Sana'y tuloy-tuloy na ang grasyang matatanggap ng Falcons.

jombag16
09-23-2006, 08:07 PM
Adu gave Admu a dogfight!
Khit pa natalo ang falcons. its just 3 pts. sayang lang tlga! i believe that they could upset the leaders. anyways, who will take the coaching duties of Leo Austria next season since he will be coaching welcoat in the pba this october?
Question, why is Leo's son, Raymond playing for ateneo instead of Adu? Was he recruited or long time student na cya ng ateneo?

about college players in the pbl- i think they can only play in the pbl after their 3rd yr. or if the team mismo joins the tourney.. by the way, what happened to mark abadia?

Cha

kaybee07
09-24-2006, 08:44 PM
Adu gave* Admu a dogfight!
Khit pa natalo ang falcons. its just 3 pts. sayang lang tlga! i believe that they could upset the leaders. anyways, who will take the coaching duties of Leo Austria next season since he will be coaching welcoat in the pba this october?
Question, why is Leo's son, Raymond playing for ateneo instead of Adu? Was he recruited or long time student na cya ng ateneo?

about college players in the pbl- i think they can only play in the pbl after their 3rd yr. or if the team mismo joins the tourney.. by the way, what happened to mark abadia?

Cha

Hi jombag..

As of today (September 24), Leo Austria is STILL the head coach of the Falcons. :)

Bacon Austria has been an ADMU student even before his father was recruited by Adamson. Transferring schools was never mentioned as an option for this kid even when Coach Leo started coaching the Falcons.

After 2 years, a UAAP player can apply for the PBL draft. In the NCAA, the requirement is only one year.

The last we heard, Mark Abadia is playing in the NBC.

Thanks for your interest in the Falcons team!

jombag16
09-25-2006, 02:44 PM
whats new with the falcons? CCL is coming up and i'm sure they are part of it. i hope they will work hard to prove that their 4th place finish in the uaap was no joke. any plans or recruits for next year?

Sana naman galingan na ni Mark Agustin- this guy has so much potential but he seems contented where he is already- just being the son of Ato Agustin and having a lot of tattoos..

Cha

kaybee07
09-25-2006, 09:39 PM
whats new with the falcons? CCL is coming up and i'm sure they are part of it. i hope they will work hard to prove that their 4th place finish in the uaap was no joke. any plans or recruits for next year?

Sana naman galingan na ni Mark Agustin- this guy has so much potential but he seems contented where he is already- just being the son of Ato Agustin and having a lot of tattoos..

Cha

Hi again Cha :)

The Falcons are on vacation until October 2. On that day there will be an official announcement regarding the status of Leo Austria and they will begin preparing for the CCL (which actually begins October 1. Weird 'noh?). I think everything is still up in the air until that time that's why they can't start practicing earlier than that day.

No news yet on the recruits for next season. I guess it will all depend on who will be handling the Falcons next year.

Mark Agustin still has 2 seasons left with Adamson. Hopefully we will see his numbers improve before the end of his UAAP career.

jombag16
09-27-2006, 02:58 PM
thanks for the good news! natutuwa lang ako sa falcons kasi ang laki na ng improvement nila! but i'm neither from any uaap or ncaa school. tga wncaa pa.. hehehe. thanks so much :)