PDA

View Full Version : How can the Falcons start winning again?

kaybee07
08-22-2006, 10:58 AM
The Falcons supporters are happy that our team already has three wins this season with four games to go. Adamson only had three wins the entire season 68!

However we can't help but hope to make it at least to the Final Four this year. From a spectator's perspective, can anybody give suggestions on how the Falcons can snap their losing streak? Thanks! :)

oca
08-22-2006, 12:43 PM
^
Strong end game.

I can still recall how they blew their winning chances in their 2 games against Ateneo.

Kumpleto na yang line-up. Huwag lang bibitaw sa end game.

But then, because this is just the first season of Austria at the helm, it does take time before a coach can mould a team to his liking. So maybe it is asking too much for us to see them have that character that wins close games.

Still, I am hoping they make it to the semis. It will be good for the league as a whole to have a "new" team in the F4.

Apocrypha
08-22-2006, 02:35 PM
While aspiring to make it to the final four this season is a worthy and attainable goal, Adamson must also spend some time thinking about next year. Unless I am mistaken, the core of the team will be back for Season 70. It would be great if Coach Leo would still be around, but since he won't, maybe Adamson can get one of his proteges (if he has any) to continue the process he started this year. Season 69 is not over, and getting to the final four this year should still be the top priority, but it does not hurt to do a little advanced planning.

oca
08-22-2006, 04:56 PM
While aspiring to make it to the final four this season is a worthy and attainable goal, Adamson must also spend some time thinking about next year. Unless I am mistaken, the core of the team will be back for Season 70. It would be great if Coach Leo would still be around, but since he won't, maybe Adamson can get one of his proteges (if he has any) to continue the process he started this year. Season 69 is not over, and getting to the final four this year should still be the top priority, but it does not hurt to do a little advanced planning.

Totoo ba yan... Yes, Austria will be handling a PBA team beginning October, pero wala nang conflict sa schedule ng games.

I think the hiring of Austria was the best thing that happened to Adamson in a long, long, long time. Baka pwede naman magkaroon ng compromise... any agreement that would allow Austria to remain as head coach of the Falcons.

Of course, Welcoat has the "first say" on this issue, but if Adamson declares its desirousness to keep him at Adamson, then, baka pwedeng may mapagkasunduan.

easter
08-22-2006, 05:58 PM
^Bawal po kasi sa UAAP na ang head coach ng isang team ay head coach din sa PBA.

oca
08-23-2006, 08:45 AM
^Bawal po kasi sa UAAP na ang head coach ng isang team ay head coach din sa PBA.

Lintek talaga itong UAAP pagdating sa prohibitions. Hindi lang sa mga players, pati sa coaches.

Well,it's too early to say this, pero, good luck sa Adamsom sa paghahanap nila ng kapalit ni Austria.

kaybee07
08-23-2006, 11:02 AM

Lintek talaga itong UAAP pagdating sa prohibitions. Hindi lang sa mga players, pati sa coaches.

Well,it's too early to say this, pero, good luck sa Adamsom sa paghahanap nila ng kapalit ni Austria.

Easter is right, as soon as Leo Austria is officially appointed as head coach of the Welcoat Dragons in the PBA, it's goodbye AdU and goodbye UAAP. However he has not yet received this appointment, so until that time comes he will still be the Falcons' bench tactician. There are talks that another former head coach of Welcoat in the PBL is eyeing the PBA job, and people were surprised that Coach Leo was absent at the draft and had no say in selecting the team's rookies, but I think this belongs in the tsismis thread and not here. :)

Oca, I think you just brought up an interestic topic for this forum. It would be interesting to find out who people think should coach Adamson in season 70. .

oca
08-23-2006, 11:58 AM

Easter is right, as soon as Leo Austria is officially appointed as head coach of the Welcoat Dragons in the PBA, it's goodbye AdU and goodbye UAAP. However he has not yet received this appointment, so until that time comes he will still be the Falcons' bench tactician. There are talks that another former head coach of Welcoat in the PBL is eyeing the PBA job, and people were surprised that Coach Leo was absent at the draft and had no say in selecting the team's rookies, but I think this belongs in the tsismis thread and not here.* :)

Oca, I think you just brought up an interestic topic for this forum. It would be interesting to find out who people think should coach Adamson in season 70. .

Considering the number of talented players who will still be with the team next season, they better get a coach who has a track record of making a big impact from the get go.

Mabilis ang turnover ng talents sa collegiate. Kaya habang nariyan itong malalakas na players, aim for a championship spot next year.

Sino ang kilala niyong coach na "magaling from the get go" ?

Posterized
08-23-2006, 12:01 PM
Si Coach Joel, wala naman siyang coaching job ngayon diba?

Kid Cubao
08-23-2006, 12:52 PM
team consultant ng JRU si coach banal. ariel vanguardia, his former assistant at TnT, is now calling the shots for JRU.

Apocrypha
08-23-2006, 01:23 PM
^Now there's a thought. If Coach Joel handles Adamson next year, they may just finally break their losing streak to Ateneo (assuming that these 2 teams don't meet in the final 4 this year). Gaano ba ka-binding ang posisyon na team consultant?

Pero hindi ko yata gusto ang ideya na ito. Kaya si Luigi Trillo na lang. Everybody deserves a second chance.

mangtsito
08-26-2006, 04:58 PM
It might help to motivate the players if, in the future, proceeds from any fundraising activity involving them would be released to them right away.

bluewing
08-26-2006, 06:42 PM
great game by bono against UP. mvp numbers indeed.

ang galing din ni jamaica!

taurus_pride
08-28-2006, 12:15 PM
It might help to motivate the players if, in the future, proceeds from any fundraising activity* involving them would be released to them right away.

korek ka jan mangtsito!

joelex
11-20-2006, 01:59 AM
a well respected former PBA head coach and a former national team member as his assistant are rumored to be on top of a list of applicants for the Adu head coaching job next season. from what i heard , a current PBA asst coach (C.M.) and a well known coach rounding the Cavite commercial basketball scene has also applied for this vacant post but recent reports have it that the above mentioned former PBA head coach has overtaken them in the graces of a certain Adu top honcho.

maybe this suits better in the tsismis thread, but there just might be fire in this smoking news