PDA

View Full Version : NCAA South, anu ng nangyayari roon

lionflame21
08-21-2006, 04:09 PM
NCAA South, anu ng nangyayari roon?

let us talk about NCAA south, kailan ang opening ng basketball?, anung mga events na ba ang natapos?, etc.

leondealabang
08-22-2006, 01:56 PM
magstastart pa lang ata ncaa south sa september

israeli
09-14-2006, 01:53 AM
wala pa rin bang invitation sa UP Los Baños to join NCAA South?

AnthonyServinio
09-23-2006, 12:30 PM
CALAMBA CITY -- The NCAA-South opened its 2006-2007 season yesterday afternoon (September 22) at the Letran-Calamba campus. No games were played as the real action starts today.

animo_92
09-25-2006, 11:17 PM
yeah, i have students who are members of the varsity team. good luck on your games, wag nyo kakalimutan studies nyo ha? ;)

GO SAN BEDA!

lionflame21
09-26-2006, 07:51 PM
GO SAN BEDA ALABANG!
ANIMO SAN BEDA!

cub
09-26-2006, 08:57 PM
sinong mga player ng SBCA dito? JM Ferrer? Marty Villanueva?

AnthonyServinio
09-14-2007, 11:34 AM
NCAA-South gets going at Don Bosco-Mandaluyong

The ninth season of the National Collegiate Athletic Association-South Division (NCAA-South) unwrapped recently at the Don Bosco Technical College in Mandaluyong City, the season’s host school, with hundreds of athletes and officials from the nine competing colleges and universities parading before a huge crowd of students and guests.

The NCAA-South, organized in 1999, is comprised of Colegio San Juan de Letran (CSJL) in Calamba, De La Salle Lipa (DLSL), First Asia Institute of Technology and Humanities (FAITH) in Tanauan, Batangas, Lyceum of Batangas, Philippine Christian University (PCU-D), Dasmariñas, Cavite, San Beda College of Alabang (SBCA), San Pablo Colleges (SPC) in San Pablo City, University of Perpetual Help (UPHL) in Biñan, Laguna, and host Don Bosco Technical College (DBTC) in Mandaluyong City.

Mandaluyong City Mayor Benhur Abalos, an alumnus of DBTC, welcomed the delegates while fellow alumnus Renato Sta. Maria, the city vice mayor, gave the symbolic key of the city to the NCAA-South Policy Board. Another alumnus, Edward Bartolome, the youngest of the city councilors, led the athletes in their Oath of Sportsmanship.

Capping the opening ceremony of the new season, under the theme "Grounded in Goodwill, Soaring in Sports," was the flame being rappelled from the top of the gym by the Mountaineering Society of the school and handed over to alumnus Aldo Perez, a former PBA player of Shell, Great Taste and Presto.

After the customary run of the flame, Alex Marquez, another alumnus, lighted the cauldron of fire which became a gush of water representing "daluyong" from which the host city is said to have derived its name.

danny
09-15-2007, 01:37 AM
How is the NCAA-South and the WNCAA related to the NCAA organization?

batangueño
09-15-2007, 02:56 AM
Can someone here please give the official line-ups of participating teams in the NCAA South? Thanks. :)

Wala na akong idea masyado tungkol sa team ko sa De La Salle Lipa. Matagal na akong hindi nakikibalita doon sa amin sa Lipa eh. ;D

eightyfiver
09-27-2007, 08:14 AM
^^ Para siyang NCAA Division II

izon
04-16-2008, 03:24 PM
Can someone here please give the official line-ups of participating teams in the NCAA South? Thanks. :)

Wala na akong idea masyado tungkol sa team ko sa De La Salle Lipa. Matagal na akong hindi nakikibalita doon sa amin sa Lipa eh. ;D

Oo ng naman. Interested ako sa lineup ng La Salle Lipa.

Get_Blazed
05-17-2008, 09:43 PM
How is the NCAA-South and the WNCAA related to the NCAA organization?

NCAA-South is an organization comprising of different colleges and universities that are sister schools of the NCAA members.

While the WNCAA has no direct connection to the NCAA. They are an autonomous league for girls.

Get_Blazed
05-17-2008, 09:49 PM

Di naman exactly Division II, kasi provincial leagues(majority*) ang members nya eh. Nakapagtataka lang bakit ang DLSU-D hindi kasali dito? Samantalang sa Cavite din naman sila. And sana pag South, magexpand pa sila downwards. Hindi yung sister schools lang ng NCAA members ang admitted.

Sana ang NCAA din magexpand, yung mga schools like EAC, SFAC, Lyceum, Trinity, and others would be admited na. Remember they were filing for an application? Then the other NAASCU/NCRAA schools would just unify and be NCAA Division II. :-\

*Weird ang Don Bosco, nasa Metro naman tapos sa provincial league naglalaro. :D

nastrans
05-17-2008, 11:18 PM

Di naman exactly Division II, kasi provincial leagues(majority*) ang members nya eh. Nakapagtataka lang bakit ang DLSU-D hindi kasali dito? Samantalang sa Cavite din naman sila. And sana pag South, magexpand pa sila downwards. Hindi yung sister schools lang ng NCAA members ang admitted.

Sana ang NCAA din magexpand, yung mga schools like EAC, SFAC, Lyceum, Trinity, and others would be admited na. Remember they were filing for an application? Then the other NAASCU/NCRAA schools would just unify and be NCAA Division II. :-\

That's because La Salle Lipa is the Benilde representative to the NCAA South.

As for us at DLSU-D, well were contented with the quite similar UCAA and NCRAA although I have to admit those leagues stink.

Get_Blazed
05-18-2008, 11:30 AM

As for us at DLSU-D, well were contented with the quite similar UCAA and NCRAA although I have to admit those leagues stink.

Its bad because UCAA was not admitted by the SBP-BAP to be an active member, in other words, there are not considered an eligible league. Yung NCRAA naman, sana magexpand pa sila, possibly by unifying with the NAASCU to form NCAA's Division II.

nastrans
05-18-2008, 04:46 PM
Kasi ang UCAA parang redundant lang sa NCRAA na two months ang tagal, almost the same school members na shortened lang sa two months, bakit isasama pa ng SBP yun kung pareho lang sila halos ng NCRAA.

Sa NCRAA naman habang tumatagal nagsisialisan ang mga sumasali, I guess may iba pang liga na mas OK pa.

izon
05-18-2008, 07:50 PM

Any info on the La Salle Lipa basketball team line up? Major junior teams ba ang NCAA South?

izon
05-18-2008, 08:02 PM

Oo nga, bakit Don Bosco kasali sa South? Sana ang Benilde sumali na lang sa South dahil mag pagasa pa ito mag champion. Maraming katanungan ang dapat sagutin dito.

Get_Blazed
05-19-2008, 04:50 PM
Oo nga, bakit Don Bosco kasali sa South? Sana ang Benilde sumali na lang sa South dahil mag pagasa pa ito mag champion. Maraming katanungan ang dapat sagutin dito.

Ayos, ka newbie. Nadala ang pagiging troll mo mula sa pex dito. Bigyang pugay ang mga katulad mo. ;)

Get_Blazed
05-19-2008, 04:53 PM

Ayos, ka newbie. maging troll ka pa. Bigyang pugay ang mga katulad mo. ;)

izon
05-19-2008, 05:12 PM
Oo nga,* bakit Don Bosco kasali sa South?* Sana ang Benilde sumali na lang sa South dahil mag pagasa pa ito mag champion.* Maraming katanungan ang dapat sagutin dito.

Hindi ako nag tro troll. Medyo mali lang ang statement na ginawa ko. Kasi may inconsistency yong ligang ito. Bakit kasi ang Don Bosco Mandaluyong ang kasali dito eh taga Mandaluyong ito at yong mga kasali sa ligang ito ay puro taga Southern Tagalog. Eh kung ganoon pala eh sumali na rin ang Benilde na taga South of Manila (yata).Sorry if I hurt your feelings. I did not intend to.

Get_Blazed
05-19-2008, 05:19 PM
Hindi ako nag tro troll. Medyo mali lang ang statement na ginawa ko. Kasi may inconsistency yong ligang ito. Bakit kasi ang Don Bosco Mandaluyong ang kasali dito eh taga Mandaluyong ito at yong mga kasali sa ligang ito ay puro taga Southern Tagalog. Eh kung ganoon pala eh sumali na rin ang Benilde na taga South of Manila (yata).Sorry if I hurt your feelings. I did not intend to.

Nasa Manila kasi ang Benilde. Anyway, forget it. I dont hold grudges. Peace.;D

gelaibabydoll
05-20-2008, 01:30 PM

San Beda Alabang is still in the south of the Metro and kasali sa NCAA South so I guess talagang ganon lang yun diba? pabayaan na lang natin ang liga kung saan sila masaya ;)

eightyfiver
05-20-2008, 03:55 PM
I'm a Bosconian. Although I'm not an insider, I think the reason why DBTC joined NCAA-South is to somehow use it as a stepping board into sooner or later joing NCAA.* I don't think they would be accepted as member school if there is a clause in the by-laws of NCAA-South prohibiting Metro Manila school from joining. The school joined the league because it has integrity and fair play. Unlike the other notorious leagues outside of UAAP and NCAA.

Get_Blazed
05-20-2008, 07:50 PM
I'm a Bosconian. Although I'm not an insider, I think the reason why DBTC joined NCAA-South is to somehow use it as a stepping board into sooner or later joing NCAA. I don't think they would be accepted as member school if there is a clause in the by-laws of NCAA-South prohibiting Metro Manila school from joining. The school joined the league because it has integrity and fair play. Unlike the other notorious leagues outside of UAAP and NCAA.

Its good that you admire the quality and integrity that NCAA member schools have. Though the UAAP is the more popular league, the NCAA is the more professionally run. You can ask that to anyone who knows how things work around leagues and they would tell you that the NCAA's ManCom(which Bedans would question it's credibility) is still much organized and unbiased than the UAAP board.

If its true that DBTC has plans to move up to the NCAA, then I must say it will be a long uphill climb from there. You cannot make that a stepping stone and hope to be elevated just like that. Many aspiring members kill to be admitted soon --which are Lyceum, Emilio Aguinaldo, Arellano, Trinity among others-- and these are even closer to be admitted because the the programs are much better than that of yours. But continue developing and who knows, maybe one day. :)

D_I_A
05-23-2008, 12:20 PM
I'm a Bosconian. Although I'm not an insider, I think the reason why DBTC joined NCAA-South is to somehow use it as a stepping board into sooner or later joing NCAA.* I don't think they would be accepted as member school if there is a clause in the by-laws of NCAA-South prohibiting Metro Manila school from joining. The school joined the league because* it has integrity and fair play. Unlike the other notorious leagues outside of UAAP and NCAA.

Its good that you admire the quality and integrity that NCAA member schools have. Though the UAAP is the more popular league, the NCAA is the more professionally run. You can ask that to anyone who knows how things work around leagues and they would tell you that the NCAA's ManCom(which Bedans would question it's credibility) is still much organized and unbiased than the UAAP board.

If its true that DBTC has plans to move up to the NCAA, then I must say it will be a long uphill climb from there. You cannot make that a stepping stone and hope to be elevated just like that. Many aspiring members kill to be admitted soon --which are Lyceum, Emilio Aguinaldo, Arellano, Trinity among others-- and these are even closer to be admitted because the the programs are much better than that of yours. But continue developing and who knows, maybe one day. :)

out of topic:

i noticed parang walang league ang central luzon - (bulacan, pampanga, nueva ecija, bataan and tarlac) - but may mga teams na na sumasalii din sa NCR leagues, Holy Angel University and University of Angeles -Pamapanga

is it possible na magkaroon ng NCAA North covering these areas? sayang ang region na ito i'm sure maraming talents na ma -uncover dito.

;)

Get_Blazed
05-23-2008, 07:52 PM
I'm a Bosconian. Although I'm not an insider, I think the reason why DBTC joined NCAA-South is to somehow use it as a stepping board into sooner or later joing NCAA. I don't think they would be accepted as member school if there is a clause in the by-laws of NCAA-South prohibiting Metro Manila school from joining. The school joined the league because it has integrity and fair play. Unlike the other notorious leagues outside of UAAP and NCAA.

out of topic:

i noticed parang walang league ang central luzon - (bulacan, pampanga, nueva ecija, bataan and tarlac) - but may mga teams na na sumasalii din sa NCR leagues, Holy Angel University and University of Angeles -Pamapanga

is it possible na magkaroon ng NCAA North covering these areas? sayang ang region na ito i'm sure maraming talents na ma -uncover dito.

;)

Well, it might work too. But rest assured, the NCAA might be venturing into these things as we speak.

leon.guinto
05-28-2008, 01:32 AM
http://www.philstar.com/index.php?Sports&p=49&type=2&sec=30&aid=2008052797

‘NC’ South grows in number, stature
By Abac Cordero
Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The NCAA South is not only growing in number but in scope as well.

For the first time in the history of the 10-year-old athletic association, the opening ceremony and championship stage of the different sports disciplines will be aired on national TV.

“It’s about time we hit the national spotlight given the fact that we are now on our 10th season,” said Dr. Oscar Suarez, Ph.D, president of host Philippine Christian University, yesterday.

The league’s 10th season was formally launched during a luncheon at the sprawling PCU campus in Dasmariñas, Cavite, attended by representatives from the nine competing schools.

The season unfolds on Aug. 19 and lasts until March.

There will be action in basketball, volleyball, taekwondo, swimming, chess, badminton, table tennis, tennis, soccer and athletics.

Action will be shown on the popular sports program Sports Unlimited of ABS-CBN and QTV. The NCAA South is reserved for colleges and universities located in the Southern Tagalog.

The other member schools are Letran Calamba, San Beda Alabang, University of Perpetual Help Systems Binan, La Salle Lipa, Don Bosco Mandaluyong, First Asia Institute of Technology, San Pablo College and Don Bosco.

When the NCAA South was founded in 1998, only Letran, San Beda, UPHS and PCU were around. A couple more schools are knocking on the doors, according to league officials.

But more than the number, league officials are hoping for a wider TV coverage.

“It remains our vision to have a full coverage of the games because we feel that we deserve the same amount of coverage the NCAA and the UAAP enjoy,” Suarez said.

“This should trigger more negotiations so we can air not just the opening and the championship games but every game,” said Fr. Paul de Vera of San Beda.

amdgc82
05-28-2008, 06:42 AM
NCAA South announces plans for ’08
By KRISTEL SATUMBAGA
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
www.mb.com.ph

For the first time, highlights of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) South will be shown on television. The tournament opens on Aug. 29 at the Philippine Christian University campus in Dasmariñas, Cavite.

PCU President Dr. Oscar Suarez said during the press briefing at the PCU campus yesteday that some segments of the opening and closing ceremonies and the championship games of the 10 events calendared this year will be shown over QTV 11 of GMA and Sports Unlimited of ABS-CBN.

"This is a big step for the league to hit the national spotlight," said Suarez. "The league deserves the same amount of prominence as a national sports league."

Suarez added the league’s vision in the coming seasons is to have a full TV coverage of certain events just like the NCAA and UAAP.

"We hope to get more corporate partners in the future to pursue this plan. We are taking it one step at a time," Suarez said.

Aside from PCU-Dasmariñas, also taking part in the event are Letran College-Calamba, De La Salle-Lipa, Don Bosco-Mandaluyong, First Asia Institute of Technology and Humanities of Tanauan, Batangas, Lyceum of Batangas, San Beda College of Alabang, San Pablo Colleges in Laguna and University of Perpetual Help in Biñan, Laguna.

The league will have a theme of "Isang Dekadang Nagkakaisa sa Layunin, Pananampalataya at Adhikain."

Aside from basketbal where PCU-Dasmarinas is the defending champion, other events on tap are volleyball, swimming, taekwondo, chess, badminton, table tennis, football, athletics and tennis.

Meantime, PCU opens title-retention bid against San Beda-Alabang.

The league, which is now an official member of the Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas (SBP), will have a home-and-away format in basketball.

nastrans
05-28-2008, 08:02 AM
Having those clips on Q and ABS are just somewhat of a features segment, but that's a start hope for a better coverage from the NCAA South in the long run.

ichibang
05-28-2008, 12:27 PM
paano po ba sumali s ncaa south? sino ang kokontakin po? ty po...

JonarSabilano
05-28-2008, 01:36 PM
I'm a Bosconian. Although I'm not an insider, I think the reason why DBTC joined NCAA-South is to somehow use it as a stepping board into sooner or later joing NCAA.* I don't think they would be accepted as member school if there is a clause in the by-laws of NCAA-South prohibiting Metro Manila school from joining. The school joined the league because* it has integrity and fair play. Unlike the other notorious leagues outside of UAAP and NCAA.

out of topic:

;)

Correction -- it's University of the Assumption - Pampanga. Also playing in the Manila leagues is Angeles University Foundation.

Get_Blazed
05-28-2008, 09:28 PM
See, even NCAA South is slowly getting to a coverage na din. I hope tlga that the NCRAA will unify with the NAASCU para maging Division II ng NCAA. The way I see it, they need to be under the NCAA umbrella to thrive.

D_I_A
05-30-2008, 11:59 PM
See, even NCAA South is slowly getting to a coverage na din. I hope tlga that the NCRAA will unify with the NAASCU para maging Division II ng NCAA. The way I see it, they need to be under the NCAA umbrella to thrive.

bakit walang UAAP Division II? is it because NCAA is UAAP's Division II version?

danny
05-31-2008, 07:18 AM
^^^

Ano daw?

D_I_A
05-31-2008, 09:20 AM

out of topic:

;)

Correction -- it's University of the Assumption - Pampanga. Also playing in the Manila leagues is Angeles University Foundation.

i stand corrected, thanks. ;)

D_I_A
05-31-2008, 09:29 AM
^^^

Ano daw?

although this may sound off topic, i'm just curious, it's because someone here suggests a merger of leagues outside the NCAA and UAAP e.g. NAASCU, UCAA/NCRAA etc. to form a NCAA Division II. How about UAAP? Can't they broach the same idea? Or is it because NCAA is its Division II counterpart? (though it sounds outrageous to consider it that way because they're different right?)

if a merger is to pushed to form NCAA DIV II out of these leagues, why can't the UAAP do the same?

but it's great that NCAA is expanding it's membership in the south, i hope a Northern division can conceptualized. :)

Get_Blazed
05-31-2008, 07:39 PM
although this may sound off topic, i'm just curious, it's because someone here suggests a merger of leagues outside the NCAA and UAAP e.g. NAASCU, UCAA/NCRAA etc. to form a NCAA Division II. How about UAAP? Can't they broach the same idea? Or is it because NCAA is its Division II counterpart? (though it sounds outrageous to consider it that way because they're different right?)

if a merger is to pushed to form NCAA DIV II out of these leagues, why can't the UAAP do the same?

but it's great that NCAA is expanding it's membership in the south, i hope a Northern division can conceptualized. :)

I dont know if youre playing stupid, or just plain clueless. ::)
When have you ever heard about the UAAP mention anything about an expansion? They wouldnt even play with the NCAA even if their lives depended on it. The NCAA, on the other hand, has always showed interests in either expanding or unifying with other leagues. Its just that most members of these 2 leagues(2, because the UCAA aint legit.) do not meet the standards of NCAA athletics. Go fish.

danny
05-31-2008, 09:58 PM
DIA,

Old news. I suggest you read the threads regarding the merger. This is not the proper thread for that. A merger of any kind was killed by the UAAP. If the other leagues can do it in a national level, the better.

Back to the NCAA South.

danny
05-31-2008, 10:35 PM

Rather, the NCAA South should expand and accept the schools from NCRAA and NAASCU and use an acceptable format.

NCAA Division II is a misnomer. There is no real road leading to the NCAA unlike the US counterpart (Division II to Division I).

Get_Blazed
06-01-2008, 10:52 AM

Rather, the NCAA South should expand and accept the schools from NCRAA and NAASCU and use an acceptable format.

NCAA Division II is a misnomer. There is no real road leading to the NCAA unlike the US counterpart (Division II to Division I).

Good point, sir. But still if we would consider the NCAA South absorbing both NCRAA and NAASCU, it wouldnt be appropriate for all because hindi lahat tiga-south. Wrong move na nga in the first place na gawing South ang name nya eh. Now, we would have a dilemna na puro southern nalang pwede isama dito. IMO. ;)

danny
06-01-2008, 04:13 PM
The name is not a problem. WE call the league "National" on the first place.

Get_Blazed
06-01-2008, 07:04 PM

It would be inappropriate to include northern squads cause that would be ironic. really. But what we could do is include more southern teams(both in and out of NCR). ;)

danny
06-02-2008, 12:04 AM

It would be inappropriate to include northern squads cause that would be ironic. really. But what we could do is include more southern teams(both in and out of NCR). ;)

Then call it NCAA North and South. Pangalan lang yan. Pero hindi yan Division II.

The point is to expand. And we both agree on this one.

Get_Blazed
06-02-2008, 03:09 PM

Then call it NCAA North and South. Pangalan lang yan. Pero hindi yan Division II.

Yes, only that would mean we have to add another north league. Instead, I call for a disbandment of some provincial leagues to pave way for this. But again, that would be a whole new problem altogether. :-\

danny
06-03-2008, 03:27 PM
^^^

Yup. Anyway, these are just our opinion. Bottomline, good as they are, our suggestions don't really matter if the gatekeepers of the status quo would not agree. :)

Get_Blazed
06-04-2008, 07:41 PM
^^^

Yup. Anyway, these are just our opinion. Bottomline, good as they are, our suggestions don't really matter if the gatekeepers of the status quo would not agree. :)

Exactly. :-\

D_I_A
06-05-2008, 11:00 PM

this is more agreeable kesa Division II na discriminating ang dating!

dark_blue
10-03-2009, 08:23 PM
any news about 2009 NCAA-South?

lionflame21
11-04-2009, 11:28 AM
ang pagkakatanda ko kakastart lang nila ng MB tournament a couple of weeks ago

McCoy
11-04-2009, 01:28 PM
matagal ko nang naririnig yan sinasabing NCAA Division II, ang kasali mga team dapat dyan ay Lyceum, Arellano, EAC, Don Bosco, CEU, Trinity at yun iba pang naghahangad makapasok ng NCAA. mas maganda nga siguro kung nag-stick sa eight member (balance pa) yun NCAA at tinuloy nlng yun NCAA Division II, then kung need talagang magdagdag tema NC yun top two ang sa Division two ang iakyat nila.
and maganda rin yun planong NCAA North, may Letran Bataan at Perpetual Pangasinan doon then yun AUF sa Pampanga, Bulacan State University, UB, at Lyceum Subic.

leon.guinto
11-07-2009, 09:49 PM
The San Beda Alabang Red Cubs won its 4th consecutive title in JRS BBALL.