PDA

View Full Version : AdU Alumni Fundraiser 08/15/2006

kaybee07
08-16-2006, 09:46 PM
Seen and heard at yesterday's games at the Adamson gym...

...Game 1 pitted Adamson faculty members against a celebrity-AdU coach lineup. Coaches Leo Austria, Bogs Adornado, and Emilia Vega teamed up with Philip Salvador, Jestoni Alarcon, Bearwin Mailey, Jordan Hererra, and James Blanco in this well-attended match which saw the celebs and coaches demolish the AdU teachers much to the delight of their students.

...The main game was between the current Falcons and the former Adamson players. Notables from that team included Bong dela Cruz, Gherome Ejercito, Mark Abadia, Ramil Tagupa, EJ Feihl and Marlou Aquino. The 2006 Falcons won by a large margin in spite of the limited minutes of veterans Pat Cabahug and Ken Bono. It was an overly "friendly" game which lacked in excitement understandably because it was played two days before the crucial Adamson-Ateneo rematch.

...The crowd thinned significantly after the first game. Overheard behind the alumni bench, "Tara na alis na tayo. Wala naman tayong pakialam sa mga yan." It was not confirmed whether they were referring to the old or current players.

... Mark Agustin accidentally stepped on an opponent's foot and injured himself. It is now uncertain whether he will be 100% healthy for the Ateneo game.

(Some people feel this problem could have been avoided had this exhibition game been played before and not during the UAAP basketball tournament. Yet others are pleasantly surprised that the school actually came up with this activity whose proceeds are supposed to go to the athletes.)

...In a conversation with some of the former Falcons after the game, they disclosed that their group will donate Php 50,000 to assist in the team's needs. The current players are excited about this and I will keep my fellow posters at gameface informed about any developments related to this topic.

easter
08-16-2006, 10:17 PM
Wow great news kaybee! Congrats! Wag ninyo na lang siguro pansinin yung ibang mga negative ang perception sa project. Again keep your motives pure and pray to God for guidance. Too bad about Agustin though just when he was starting to show some aggressiveness out there.

5FootCarrot
08-17-2006, 09:14 AM
(I had posted a reply to this thread earlier, but the site logged me out! Boo!)

Anyway, thanks for letting us know how the fundraiser went, kaybee! Despite the negative comments, it looks like the activity was a success - at least the team was able to get some funding assistance, and I'm sure that those who watched (especially the ones who stayed to see the whole thing) had a good time.

I'm also glad to hear about all the alumni who turned up to lend a hand :) (Wala si Jojo Hate?)

Some people feel this problem could have been avoided had this exhibition game been played before and not during the UAAP basketball tournament.

Yes, that's true, but 1) the Falcons' concerns were not brought to the school's attention until after the tournament had begun and 2) I think their need for assistance is immediate, so perhaps it was necessary to have the activity even though the season had already begun. I'm not saying the timing was wrong, just that this was the way things happened :) Let the organizers learn from the experience and hold next year's fundraiser (if there will be one) before the season begins.

I hope that, besides getting some badly-needed additional support, the team also got to feel that the school - faculty, alumni and students - does care about them. I think that's important, too. Get well soon to Mark Agustin!

easter
08-18-2006, 08:29 AM
Kaybee mukhang the support shown is doing wonders for Adamson. Pero wala naman ganyanan, Ateneo pa ang gusto ninyong talunin! ;D

taurus_pride
08-23-2006, 09:59 AM
may balita na ba kung san na napunta ang proceeds ng said fund raising? from a player of adu, wala pa din daw silang nakukuha until now. matatapos na ang 2nd round wala pa din, eh super clear naman sa ticket na proceeds will be given to the adu falcons basketball varsity...

kaybee07
08-23-2006, 10:54 AM
may balita na ba kung san na napunta ang proceeds ng said fund raising? from a player of adu, wala pa din daw silang nakukuha until now. matatapos na ang 2nd round wala pa din, eh super clear naman sa ticket na proceeds will be given to the adu falcons basketball varsity...

Hi taurus!

Unfortunately, your player-source is correct. I was actually just waiting for someone else to bring up this issue because I didn't want to be accused of complaining too much again.

Four games to go in the UAAP elims and their new game uniforms are still AWOL. Still no healthy food for the team. Still no ringside tickets for the players.

Paging whoever is in charge of the proceeds from the fundraiser...

mangtsito
08-23-2006, 11:03 AM
^ This really upsets me. Me. And I don't like Adamson's basketball team. That's how much this upsets me.

Pati ba naman iyang proceeds ipagkakait sa mga bata? Eh di ba sila LANG dapat ang makikinabang diyan? The delay is both unjust and unjustified. >:(

kaybee07
08-23-2006, 11:23 AM
^* This really upsets me.* Me.* And I don't like Adamson's basketball team.* That's how much this upsets me.

Pati ba naman iyang proceeds ipagkakait sa mga bata?* Eh di ba sila LANG dapat ang makikinabang diyan?* The delay is both unjust and unjustified.* >:(

Hi mangstito!

If you're pissed off then I'm sure you can imagine how the players feel about this! >:(

Kaming mga supporters nila ay nakatunganga na nga lang eh. Wala na ata kaming magawa as it seems the problems and detractors are coming from within the university. :'(

If you have time to look at the other threads in this forum, you will see that those who are supporting my ideas to gather support from the team are actually fans of the other UAAP teams. Yung mga umaaway naman sa akin seem to be from Adamson naman. Kesyo daw I complain too much, etc. :'(

mangtsito
08-23-2006, 11:27 AM
^ I think in this desperate case, airing out one's dirty laundry for all the world to see seems to be the lesser evil.

(Did you get my PM? ;) )

kaybee07
08-23-2006, 11:30 AM
^ I think in this desperate case, airing out one's dirty laundry for all the world to see seems to be the lesser evil.

(Did you get my PM? ;) )

Yes I did. Thanks ha! I wouldn't have known if you hadn't confirmed it. :)

Last game ng AdU sa elims is against your Bulldogs!

mangtsito
08-23-2006, 11:33 AM
(^ OT: My Bulldogs ;D Actually, I'm also from Ateneo, like you. But that does not stop us from supporting other teams, right? ;) )

kaybee07
08-23-2006, 11:38 AM
^ Correct ka d'yan! Hehe! :D

5FootCarrot
08-23-2006, 02:44 PM
Hi kaybee!

I hope that the people with the funds will be able to release the money for their intended uses soon (and maybe also give an accounting of where the money went). Besides the fact that the players will be able to finally get the assistance they really need, the knowledge that some good actually came out of this will lend credibility to any future fundraisers that might be held. :)

Sam Miguel
08-24-2006, 09:20 PM
What idiot in his right mind would pocket fundraiser proceeds?

I've seen a lot of shit in my time but this takes the cake. If I were you guys I'd make this formal and official and make a formal letter of inquiry to school administration and the people involved in the fundraiser.

taurus_pride
08-25-2006, 09:37 AM
it was so clear (from their pink tickets!) na the proceeds will go to the team and yet, up to this moment wala pa din silang narereceive. kaybee's right, 4 games to go, naninilaw na nga uniform ng mga players lalo na sa isang player na kilala ko, hehehe ;D tapos till now wla pa din yung pera. eh kung yung ginastos nila sa COMPLETE UNIFORM NG FACULTY during that fun match e pinaggawa na lang ng new uniform ng varsity e di mas masaya pa! and how can these players be healthy kung ang mga kinakain nila e puro fatty food and tinitipid pa?* oh well! ang hirap ding hindi mag-complain when you can see clearly what these players are getting from adamson despite the hardwork they are doing.

one thing, dapat those kind of activities should not be scheduled while UAAP Season is on going. players are prone to accidents and injuries inside the court kahit sabihin nating fun match lang yun. look what happened to agustin, he wasn't able to play because of what happened (was earlier reported by kaybee on her first post). Who knows how many points he could've contributed during that ateneo game that could've changed the result, diba? yung mga event organizer yata sa adamson di marunong mag-isip ng tama e.pati emcee nila that time, mali mali na din e, right kaybee? ;) ;) ;) i also doubt if they consulted coach leo with regards to that activity. hay na lang, mga pasaway!

please correct me if after i post this message eh naibigay na yung pera. dahil magpapamisa talaga ako! naturingan pa man din catholic school pero... hmmmp, ewan!

mangtsito
08-25-2006, 10:32 AM
The actual turnover of the proceeds to the team could have been the consuelo de bobo for Agustin. What happened instead was a double-whammy. He got injured, and his team did not gain anything from the noble effort of raising their much needed funds.

Triple whammy if you include the loss to Ateneo days later.

Sam Miguel
08-25-2006, 01:25 PM
Was this a school-sanctioned event? Because if it is then school administration must know about what happened (or DIDN'T happen in this case...) A formal letter of inquiry would be a good first step. Then an independent investigation should also be conducted, perhaps involve the police is need be (WPD HQ is just around the next corner). This is an outrage!

Bennie Bangag
08-25-2006, 01:27 PM
Nagkabulsahan na ba? Baka naman di alam na hinahanap na yung nakulimbat, este, nalikum ;D

kaybee07
08-25-2006, 08:00 PM
Hi everybody. I'm afraid I have more bad news from the Falcons' camp. :'(

Proceeds from the fundraiser = still AWOL

The school distributed complimentary tickets to the players after practice today. They still received one bleacher pass each instead of the lower box tickets they requested.

Still no game uniforms in sight. One of the players asked AdU's UAAP rep Bernie Rances where the uniforms they requested for were and he replied, "itatawag ko sa Accel."

(IMHO, ipapagawa pa lang ata yun dahil nasita ng player. Baka tapos na ang UAAP pagdating nun!)

Before somebody goes accusing me of not seeing what the admin is doing for the team, I would like to point out that people from the school have tried to provide for what they perceived were the team's "needs."

For example, they spent for a three-day team building session in Baguio City. They also currently have on their payroll a sports psychologist who conducts weekly meetings with the team and has the players answer psychological tests, etc.

Some people feel that the money spent for this could have been redirected to other more pressing needs such as uniforms and the players' nutritional needs.

Some non-Adamsonians have volunteered, even before the UAAP started, to lend a hand in managing the team. But when the players brought this up with the admin, they were shot down by school officials who made comments along the lines of "ayaw namin na may outsiders na makikialam sa team."

Apparently they thought they could handle the team's affairs properly. But obviously there is still a lot that needs to be taken care of. Maybe it's about time people start swallowing their pride and "share the load," so to speak. There's nothing wrong with letting other people help, even if they aren't from Adamson.

A special hi to taurus! :)

Thanks for backing me up on this. It feels good to know that I'm not alone in supporting the Falcons in this forum!

You're right about the emcee. Yan naman palagi nakikita ko tuwing may event ang Adamson, kahit sa UAAP opening last year! The school should find someone a bit younger and with a better grasp of the english language to host their events. Or someone should tell that person that there's nothing wrong with delivering spiels in taglish, am I right? ("simultaneously after the first game") ;D

taurus_pride
08-26-2006, 10:05 AM
A special hi to taurus!* :)

Thanks for backing me up on this. It feels good to know that I'm not alone in supporting the Falcons in this forum!*

You're right about the emcee. Yan naman palagi nakikita ko tuwing may event ang Adamson, kahit sa UAAP opening last year! The school should find someone a bit younger and with a better grasp of the english language to host their events. Or someone should tell that person that there's nothing wrong with delivering spiels in taglish, am I right? ("simultaneously after the first game")* ;D

kaybee, ill back you up all the way kahit isumpa pa ko ng mga tao sa UP, hehehe. ;D

one thing i see as one of adamson's problems is they dont know how to appreciate people na kahit hindi taga-adamson eh nagpapakita pa din ng full-concern sa kanila. just like the 2 of us kaybee, we're not from adamson pero look naman on what we can offer to help them epecially you and im sure marami pa jan who supports the falcons lalo na sa forum na to. na halos isumpa na tayo ng mga repsective universities natin pero keber! mas nakikita pa nila yung nega side na nakikialam lang.

and with regards sa emcee, ewan ko din ba kapag may basketball event e laging present at always the host. and you're definitely right, andami namang mas bata sa adamson at mas talented siguro to replace her as the forever emcee. tama na nga, feeling ko ansama ko na, hehehe. ;D

A formal letter of inquiry would be a good first step.

what do you think kaybee? pwede kayang mag-file ng ganito ang hindi taga-adamson? baka kase isyu na naman if ever...

kaybee07
08-26-2006, 10:48 AM
Hi taurus!

Issue nanaman yan 'pag tayo ang gumawa ng inquiry on the missing funds. 'Yun nga lang magpost tayo dito, may nagcocomment na ng kung ano-ano eh! >:(

I'm wondering where our fellow poster jaelanella is right now? I remember a few weeks back, she/it/he was very vocal about her/its/his support for the AdU admin, even going so far as accusing me of complaining too much and failing to see the good things the school officials have done for the team (even though I started a "Many Thanks" thread that time, ewan ko lang kung hindi lang n'ya nakita o ayaw n'yang banggitin). Maybe this person can shed light on the unanswered questions regarding the proceeds from the fundraiser conducted more than ten days ago!

mangtsito
08-26-2006, 04:56 PM
With just a few games to go before the end of the basketball season, and the funds still AWOL, your fundraiser can now be officially termed a big joke. And yes, it's not one bit funny.

Kaybee, taurus, I do wonder if Coach Leo Austria is concerned at all about this matter. Any inside info? His name has been conspicuously absent in these discussions.

Anyway, Looks like the resident team sports psychologist would have a lot in his/her hands.

5FootCarrot
08-27-2006, 09:18 AM
Issue nanaman yan 'pag tayo ang gumawa ng inquiry on the missing funds. 'Yun nga lang magpost tayo dito, may nagcocomment na ng kung ano-ano eh! >:(

Hey guys, I agree that writing a formal letter of inquiry is a good idea. If you don't want to send it yourselves, perhaps you can raise the matter to an Adamson alumnus (maybe one of those who pledged to donate money to the cause) or someone from the coaching staff and see if they would be willing to sign the letter for you. I believe that the people who organized the event - and I am assuming it was university personnel who did this - owe everyone an explanation for where the funds went, and I am sure stakeholders like yourselves and the donors and beneficiaries of the assistance would appreciate receiving one.

Just a thought on where the money could have gone, though - is it possible that the proceeds were used to cover the costs of setting up the fundraiser, and there weren't enough profits to go to the team? :(

kaybee07
08-27-2006, 09:41 AM
With just a few games to go before the end of the basketball season, and the funds still AWOL, your fundraiser can now be officially termed a big joke.* And yes, it's not one bit funny.*

Kaybee, taurus, I do wonder if Coach Leo Austria is concerned at all about this matter.* Any inside info?* His name has been conspicuously absent in these discussions.

Anyway, Looks like the resident team sports psychologist would have a lot in his/her hands.*

Hi mangstito..

I asked the players what their coach thinks of the whole fiasco and they think that he might have given up asking the admin to provide for the team's needs because even his pleas seem to have fallen on deaf ears.

I do remember hearing right before the fundraiser that this event was organized without the knowledge or consent of Coach Leo. Had he been consulted about the activity, it is likely that he would not have approved of having the Falcons play a non-bearing game only days before a crucial UAAP match. The fact that Agustin injured himself that day surely didn't make things any better.

Coach Leo is keeping his mouth shut on this issue. Siguro he believes in the saying na "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." Right now he seems to be more focused on the team's upcoming games and motivating his players to win despite all the "bad vibes" festering within the school community.

Hey guys, I agree that writing a formal letter of inquiry is a good idea. If you don't want to send it yourselves, perhaps you can raise the matter to an Adamson alumnus (maybe one of those who pledged to donate money to the cause) or someone from the coaching staff and see if they would be willing to sign the letter for you. I believe that the people who organized the event - and I am assuming it was university personnel who did this - owe everyone an explanation for where the funds went, and I am sure stakeholders like yourselves and the donors and beneficiaries of the assistance would appreciate receiving one.

Just a thought on where the money could have gone, though - is it possible that the proceeds were used to cover the costs of setting up the fundraiser, and there weren't enough profits to go to the team? :(

Hi carrot..

You bring up a very interesting point. It is possible they spent so much on the event itself that no money was left afterwards to provide for the team's needs. After all, the school did provide the faculty team with complete basketball uniforms and hosted a dinner for the alumni players after the game (both of which, in my opinion, were totally unnecessary in a fundraising activity).

But in any case, the event organizers should explain where the money went. They are already being accused (both directly and indirectly) of mismanaging the funds. Their silence may mean they are guilty unless they come forward and give their side.

taurus_pride
08-28-2006, 12:14 PM
kaybee's right, coach leo would have not agreed with the said activity during the season since it may affect or injure his players just like what happened to agustin. isa din yan sa problem ng adu, they dont consult the team coach first before deciding on something. hindi yata marunong ng tamang timing at magisip mga organizers ng event na yun e. basta pagkakaperahan, go lang sila ng go pero the bad side is they dont give what the players should get.

i personally dont know how to personally help the players kase baka gawan lang kami ng issue ng adu.

the formal inquiry is a great idea kaso we just simply dont know kung kanino lalapit and who would be willing to help us with regards to this concern.

sana naman the admin especially those who handled the event e makonsenya na at ibigay kung ano dapat ang makuha ng mga players from that event na sila naman ang nagpakahirap sa pagtatakbuhan sa court at magpasaya sa mga nanuod.

knock knock adu!

kaybee07
08-29-2006, 07:32 PM
With two days left before the AdU-UE game, the event organizers of the August 15 event remain silent and the funds are still missing. :'( :'( :'(

Can I assume that this is already a lost cause? ???

mangtsito
08-30-2006, 09:07 AM
Hire spies to monitor the finances of the event organizers. Look for anyone who conspicuously has a new car, jewelries, laptop, PDA, cellphone or MP3 player after the fundraising event.

.....Then hire a mambabarang to make them sorry they ever used the Adamson team for their own gain.

5FootCarrot
08-30-2006, 09:36 AM
With two days left before the AdU-UE game, the event organizers of the August 15 event remain silent and the funds are still missing. :'( :'( :'(

Booo! And after all the participants' hard work! >:( Ma-konsiyensiya na sana yung mga in charge sa pera!

Question pala - what happened to the group of former Falcons who pledged to donate P50,000 to help out?

LION
08-30-2006, 10:23 AM
Magkapamilya naman ang Eagles at Falcons di ba? Sana tulungan din ng Eagles and mga pinsan nila. :)

taurus_pride
08-30-2006, 11:17 AM

Booo! And after all the participants' hard work! >:( Ma-konsiyensiya na sana yung mga in charge sa pera!

Question pala - what happened to the group of former Falcons who pledged to donate P50,000 to help out?

Isa pa yan sa mga nawawala! Actually, someone personally talked pa daw sa alumni who gave that 50,000 for the event and supposedly for the basketball varsity pero missing in action din yung perang yun. Kaya kung itototal lahat 50,000 plus 100 (for the ticket) multiply it by, let say, 100 people who attended the said event so the money should be around 60k or more at lahat yun di pa nabibigay sa players.

may mga nagsasabi pa nga na sa women's bball team na yata binigay pero the question is, sino ba ang nagparticipate sa said event? its only the mens basketball team so the women's team don't have any right to take anything from the proceeds.

nakakawala na din ng pag-asa ngayong patapos na din ang 2nd round. siguro, maglalabas ng pera ang adu kapag nakapasok na sa sila sa final four. where's the motivation there? tsk, tsk, tsk...

5FootCarrot
08-30-2006, 01:45 PM
Napunta raw lahat sa women's team? Ang labo naman kung ganun. I know the Lady Falcons are an extremely competitive team, but if the ticket said the proceeds were for the men's team then the money should go to the Falcons. Or if the fundraiser was not specifically for the men's team, the two teams could split the funds para fair.

It is also possible that the university is holding back the money for when the Falcons make the Final Four, but I agree that it's not a good incentive. The team has needs that need to be addressed immediately, and that was what the fundraiser was for.

jembengzon
08-30-2006, 04:14 PM
isn't that malversation of funds ? :-\ what do the legal eagles say ?

kaybee07
08-31-2006, 08:20 AM
Na-confirm namin yesterday from a school official that the uniforms the team requested will be given to them only if they make the final four. Pati din daw yung food na hinihingi ng mga players, sa semis na lang daw.

I assume that means the funds are around somewhere, but will be given to the Falcons conditionally.

UNFAIR!!!

Kung ganyan ang labanan eh di dapat sinabi na lang ng team na hindi sila lalaro kung hindi mabibigay ang mga hinihingi nila!

5FootCarrot
08-31-2006, 10:58 AM
On the bright side, at least we know that no one ran off with the proceeds, but hay naku! I was under the impression that if the team needed things like new uniforms and healthy meals NOW, then they would get the money NOW. What a shame that the school is making its support for the team conditional on their making the Final Four.

LION
08-31-2006, 11:20 AM
Na-confirm namin yesterday from a school official that the uniforms the team requested will be given to them only if they make the final four. Pati din daw yung food na hinihingi ng mga players, sa semis na lang daw.

Makakapag antay kaya si Bono until the semis? ( Sabay takbo.......)

MonL
08-31-2006, 11:44 AM

Makakapag antay kaya si Bono until the semis?* *( Sabay takbo.......)

They really know how to hurt a guy.....* ;D* * * * *>>>==Beeowww!!!!==>

MonL
08-31-2006, 01:58 PM
But kidding aside, what successful team employs a conditional approach to providing team needs? * That's pretty lame. There should be no dangling of carrots (Pardon the metaphor. Stiletto alert!!!! Stiletto alert!!!* ;D).

Addressing the team's needs should be unconditional and immediate.

mangtsito
08-31-2006, 02:32 PM
Hindi ko na alam ang sasabihin sa thread na ito.

Everytime some bit of news comes in, it seems to be worse than the previous one.

kaybee, taurus, good luck na lang sa inyo. You might want to change allegiances and support the Bulldogs instead... you might get better reception. ;)

MonL
08-31-2006, 04:23 PM
Yung "Fundraiser" naging "Hellraiser" instead.* :P

Stop shooting yourselves in the foot. :(

taurus_pride
09-03-2006, 09:37 PM
Napunta raw lahat sa women's team? Ang labo naman kung ganun. I know the Lady Falcons are an extremely competitive team, but if the ticket said the proceeds were for the men's team then the money should go to the Falcons. Or if the fundraiser was not specifically for the men's team, the two teams could split the funds para fair.

It is also possible that the university is holding back the money for when the Falcons make the Final Four, but I agree that it's not a good incentive. The team has needs that need to be addressed immediately, and that was what the fundraiser was for.

I actually talked to 2 players from the women's team the other day that they havent received anything din from the fund raising. They have their concerns din actually, wala din nga daw silang supply ng sports bra and cyclings where in nagpromise and Adu that they would supply the team pero until now, matatapos na ang season, wala pa din.

mangtsito
09-04-2006, 04:11 AM

I assume that means the funds are around somewhere, but will be given to the Falcons conditionally.

UNFAIR!!!

Kung ganyan ang labanan eh di dapat sinabi na lang ng team na hindi sila lalaro kung hindi mabibigay ang mga hinihingi nila!

There's one important question that needs to be raised.

If the funds will only be released once the Falcons enter the Final 4, what happens if the Falcons fail to enter the Final 4? Ano yun, sorry-sorry na lang?

Syet, sumasakit ulo ko. Nung dark ages ng Ateneo wala namang ganito.

easter
09-04-2006, 03:18 PM
Sa kin lang ah. Siguro tama na muna yan and let the team concentrate on the final four bid na lang at this point. Distraction din kasi sa kanila yan eh kahit konti. If adamson could just play well in this upcoming NU game, better things might be in store for them and yes even a final four spot. Yan na muna ang isipin nang team.

mangtsito
09-17-2006, 07:45 PM
After watching the game Ateneo-Adamson game today ...wherein the referees were making horrible calls and equally horrible non-calls against Ateneo....., I now have a fairly good idea where the proceeds of your fundraising activity went.

What a waste.