11. Marko Batricevic
12. Simon Atkins
13. **
14. **
15. **
16. **

* - will play only when their PBL team has no game
** - these players will be identified only after further evaluation by the team

No surprises in the line-up. Except for Atkins, just the same faces that has been with the DLSU teams in the UAAP and HAIL. The four unnamed players will be revealed only a day or two before the start of the tournament. I am also honored and happy to announce that for the 2nd time, www.ARCHERPRIDE.COM will be the team's uniform sponsor for the FMC. The last time we sponsored the FMC team was in 2004.

I invite all APcomrs and La Sallians to watch the FMC games. From what I was told, all the games will be at the EAC gym which is AIR CONDITIONED and is an easy walk from the Taft/UN Avenue LRT station. This is important because parking in the area could be difficult.

bigfreeze_bibby
04-11-2006, 07:51 AM
Naunahan na ko ni Gil to setup this thread. I was planning to start this thread once the lineups have been finalized. For now, it's all up to you to make wild guesses as to who will make the 4 open spots in the FMC roster. More or less, this is also the same lineup that we may see if DLSU plays in the UAAP this season.

shyboy
04-11-2006, 03:04 PM
Am still hoping we can add the Zobel boys in the lineup. Unless of course they're already enrolled in UP. Sana tryouts pa lang sila at di pa sila enrolled.

bigfreeze_bibby
04-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Am still hoping we can add the Zobel boys in the lineup.* Unless of course they're already enrolled in UP.* Sana tryouts pa lang sila at di pa sila enrolled.

Even though they are not yet enrolled in UP. Madami nang complications na puede mangyari because what I believe is that Martin Reyes and Migs de Asis were already assured of Lipa with spots in their varsity lineup. Dan Salvador is still fighting it out for some remaining spots. Kumbaga, assured na sila na nasa kama na sila, pag lumipat pa sila sa tin, baka bumalik sila sa papag since first, di pa sure ang status natin next season and second, they aren't also assured of a team A spot because of our current holdovers and some coaching considerations/preferences. But one thing's for sure, they were invited in the tryouts in DLSU.

gameface_one
04-12-2006, 12:20 AM
Find below the submitted Official Line-up of DLSU for the FMC Summer League:

DLSU Seniors

TY t@ng
PJ Walsham
JV Casio
Rico Meirhoffer
Cholo Villanueva
OJ Cua
Kish Co
PJ Barua
Brian Ilad
Marco Batricevic
Simon Atkins
Clarence Graham
James Mangahas
James Meneses
Carl Cua
Allan Mangahas
Miguel Soller

Coaching Staff:

Jack Santiago
Tonichi Yturri
Tyrone Bautista
Dave Dichupa (Team Manager/Liaison Officer)

Out_Of_The_Blue
04-13-2006, 10:34 AM
Bigfreeze, can you give a background of the other DLSU recruits?

Carl Cua was extensively covered by Gameface.ph. He was the Gameface Hardcore Player of the recent Tiong Lian Tournament - winning over Woody Co. Refer to the Tiong Lian webpage for more details. He is a 6'0 player who played the 4 and 5 position in high school but can easily be converted to a 3 with his outside shooting and penetration skills. He is also a very scrappy player who can get those caroms easily by being all over the court. He could be a good recruit for La Salle.

bigfreeze_bibby
04-14-2006, 10:21 AM
Out, Carl's scrappiness and his good perimeter shooting was the main consideration why he was included in the team. Many are still questioning even on La Salle side why he was included in the team due to the big adjustment that he needs to do from playing 4/5 to 2/3. But I do believe that the coaching staff will do the necessary adjustment to their preferred position for Carl.

As for the other recruits, Allan Mangahas is well mentioned during his high school days as PCU-Union's lead player in the NCAA. James Meneses is one of our team B veterans, I think he's been there for 3 years if I am not mistaken. Clarence Graham is a 6'3"-6'4" player coming from PCU-Cavite who can play both the forward positions and for some time I think can play the center spot. Miguel Soller came from LSGH and plays G/F position despite his height of 5'11".

Fried Green Tomato
04-20-2006, 04:12 PM
Except for clarence graham, the other new names in La Salle's fmc are no longer new. Even Allan Mangahas is not surprising at all since his brother is already playing with us --- in a way, a package deal that was consummated last year. Atkins, despite earlier speculations that he might go somewhere else, was steadfast to remain a Green Archer.

Despite La Salle still in limbo, cua was a walked-in during the try-out and he was never targetted. Actually, even recruitment is in limbo as there was no active recruitment that took place this year.

Unlike before, La Salle's fmc team is not exactly in preparation for the uaap war. This year, it is vital for us to have a team and it is primarily for the survival of our basketball program. Whether we play or not in this year's uaap is no longer our primary concern, we just need to have a team.

shyboy
05-03-2006, 07:36 AM
Game 1: EAC 53 - DLSU 49
Game 2: DLSU 88 - Lyceum 51

Kid Cubao
05-03-2006, 12:28 PM
FGT, i think la salle will still be preparing for the UAAP. isang taon lang naman kayo mawawala. in a way, mas maganda nga ngayon dahil you have all the time to jell and learn from each other because of the longer time to prepare, get conditioned, and heal those injuries. and of course there's the non-UAAP tournaments you can all participate in.

Fried Green Tomato
05-05-2006, 12:18 PM
Cubao, yes we have the whole year to prepare for the uaap (season 70). But just like in the past, actual preparation for the upcoming uaap starts only come fmc time. Preparing the whole year has never been done before (of course, since this is the 1st time that we are not participating in the upcoming uaap) and the long preparation has never been tried and tested by La Salle. La Salle's present team is not the same as last year and big adjustments are needed.

I just hope that by Season 70, the team is eager to come back and hungry to win the crown. But the need for a permanent coach is the priority now. The direction of the team is dependent on the coach who's going to lead the team the WHOLE YEAR LONG.

Kid Cubao
05-05-2006, 07:58 PM
ah, yes, i completely overlooked the la salle coaching vacancy. oo nga pala, hehehe!

kung ako sa inyo, now is the time to scout for next year's blue chippers. go scour the ends of the earth, you'll definitely have the head start in this area :)

LION
05-10-2006, 09:41 AM
^Agree. Go scour the ends of the earth. :)

Gil_Andrews
05-13-2006, 08:26 PM
Hmmmm......So what really triggered the bench clearing in that game against UST? Heard from sources of primary authority that Ilad gave Cruz a nasty hard chop on the arm in one instance when the latter was guarding him. In the next play during a rebound, Cruz retaliated by hitting Ilad on the rib cage with a hard elbow. It was at this point that hell broke lose. Ilad, with closed fists, swung some punches to Cruz. The players of both benches apparently rushed to the scene to assit their respective teammates. Good thing that cooler heads prevailed. In one scene, the DLSU team manager also rushed to the court and engaged the officials in a shouting match. May duro pang kasama.

Can anybody from the Green Archers' Range or Tigers' Jungle share their views on this?

Kid Cubao
05-15-2006, 09:36 AM
for what it's worth (kasi nangyari na), i don't understand why brian ilad had revenge on his mind when he had already undergone a delicate surgical procedure to repair his broken nose as a result of his team's bloody encounter with UST earlier this year.

mukhang kakaiba rin ang pag-motivate ni pido sa UST tigers :D they're being fashioned as bruisers in the mold of the lito vergara maroon squads.

bigfreeze_bibby
05-15-2006, 09:50 AM
The scuffle actually started then Jervy Cruz and Brian Ilad had to battle positions down low as expected yung mga warding off the arm na nangyayari when an offensive post player tries to position himself for better scoring position in the paint. Brian is in the offensive position being guarded by Jervy Cruz.

Ranger
05-15-2006, 09:59 AM
Maybe its because Cruz never apologized and hasn't shown any remorse for breaking the nose of Brian. I bet whenever Brian puts on that face mask he can't help but be reminded of what Cruz did to him..

Gil_Andrews
05-15-2006, 10:25 AM
I don't know if this was already communicated but League officials are mulling on suspending Pido Jarencio as well apparently because of enticing the UST team to participate and help Jervy Curz in the scuffle against Ilad.

On the other hand, Ilad was also heard prior to the start of the game as telling another dlsu player, "gaganti ako" or something to that effect. After the game, he was again heard saying, "nakabawi na rin ako."

The tournament organizers apparently were not aware about the bad blood between the 2 teams because of what transpired in the HAIL tournament. Had they known it before hand, they could have not included both teams in one Group.

LION
05-16-2006, 08:37 AM
If Brian Ilad really wanted revenge, he should have done it outside the court and limited it between himself and Jervy.* That can be easily arranged, a simple mano mano say, 1 round for 3 minutes. After that, they should smoke the peace pipe.* After all, basketball lang yan.

I remember when my idol, Larry Bird, would slug it out with his rival Magic Johnson* in one of those Celtics vs. Lakers classics.* After the game, parang walang nangyari.* Hayun sila, shaking hands and talking to each other with big smiles on their battle weary faces.

Dapat tawagin natin sila Itoy Esquerra, Rudy Distrito, Big Boy Reynoso, Onchie dela Cruz at Bokyo Lauchengco para pangaralan ang mga batang ito hehehe.* * :)

MonL
05-16-2006, 08:54 AM
Dapat tawagin natin sila Itoy Esquerra, Rudy Distrito, Big Boy Reynoso, Onchie dela Cruz at Bokyo Lauchengco para pangaralan ang mga batang ito hehehe.* * :)

Wag kalimutan ang Godfather nitong mga ito: si "This is You, This is You...." :)

Ranger
05-16-2006, 10:09 AM
Magic and Bird played against each other with respect. They didn't deliberately dish out serious injuries to each other.

MonL
05-16-2006, 10:37 AM
Magic and Bird played against each other with respect. They didn't deliberately dish out serious injuries to each other.

And sadly, that's what's being forgotten...There's a thin line between playing rugged and playing dirty. That's respect.

bigfreeze_bibby
05-16-2006, 11:16 AM
Madali nang magkapikunan mga players ngayon and then mas lumalaki pa pag di nagustuhan ang tawag ng refs sa kanila. Dala kaya ito ng weather? Hehe.

LION
05-16-2006, 11:28 AM

Actually they did - inside the court - punches were thrown and hit the mark but no serious injuries though. But after the game, they were back to being good old friends. No ill feelings toward each other.

kryptonite
05-16-2006, 11:49 PM

And sadly, that's what's being forgotten...There's a thin line between playing rugged and playing dirty. That's respect.

Masyado na malaki ang mga ego ng mga kabataan ngayon. Lalo na mga players. Akala nila napaka-galing na nila na players, e, marami pa kakainin na bigas. These kids lack fundamentals. Nakapag-dribble lang ng basketball, player na tawag sa kanila. Puro rough-housing, gulangan.

bchoter
05-25-2006, 12:31 PM
Whatever bad blood they had was never in Jervy Cruz' mind before the game. There are standard "chops" against arm bars and there are "chops" against arm bars. Brian Ilad's chop went beyond the "standard" fare. From the looks of it there really was intention to hurt. Of course this is from a biased point of view.

But Pido's actions are really embarassing. Where does he think he is? In the sidestreets of Proj 2-3? I wonder what was the reaction of Fr. de Sagun who was oftentimes seen during games hot under the collar?

There is hardcore and there is balasubas

LION
05-25-2006, 02:08 PM
^ I live in the Project 3 area. I assure you. Di uubra si Allan K doon. :)

fraternizer
05-27-2006, 10:57 PM
http://i4.tinypic.com/10sg1hl.jpg
t@ng gets ready to finish off the Knights

LASALLE SUBDUES LETRAN TO END FMC CAMPAIGN

De La Salle University (DLSU) played spoiler to the plan of Colegio San Juan De Letran (CSJDL) for an early entry into the quarterfinals of the Father Martin Cup (FMC) Summer League.* Already mathematically out of the running for a spot in the playoffs due to an inferior quotient to both CSJDL and San Sebastian College-Cavite (SSC-Cavite), the Green Archers ended the tournament on a high note with a hard-fought victory over the Knights, 76-67.

CSJDL seemed in control of the game as Coach Louie Alas’ squad took the half, 30-34, behind the hustle of Guevarra, who scored all of his 6 points in the second quarter, and the inside plays of Quinday and Fausto.* DLSU came out swinging after the break, lead by t@ng, Casio and Villanueva who combined for 18 points in the third quarter as Coach Jack Santiago’s wards barely took the lead, 53-52, going into the last quarter.

The first five minutes of the payoff period saw momentum shift to the side of CSJDL as Balneg sank back-to-back 3-point shots on his way to a team-high 18 points, tying the game at 62.* t@ng then took over the game as he sparked a 10-2 spurt with a clutch trey and capped it off with a steal and an assist, less than a minute left.* The DLSU Team Captain then sealed the win as he calmly made six consecutive freethrows in the dying seconds of the game to finish with a game-high 19 points.

DLSU* 76:* t@ng 19,* Casio 15,* Villanueva 12,* Maeirhoffer 10,* Co* 8,* Malabes 3,* Batricevic 3,* Cua 2,* Barua 2,* Walsham 2,* Mangahas 0,* Atkins 0,* Ilad* 0

CSJDL* 67:* Balneg 18,* Quinday 11,* Fausto 11,* Dangcal 7,* Guevarra 6,* Jazul 6,* Ranises 3,* Melegrito 2,* Daa 2,* Realista 1,* Del Rosario 0,* Foronda 0,* Mondragon 0

Quarter scores:* 14-13,* 30-34,* 53-52,* 76-67.

As reported by gameface.ph courtside correspondent milogirl with special acknowledgements to tournament director Noel Ascue and EAC Generals Head Coach Nomar Isla.

bigfreeze_bibby
05-30-2006, 08:05 AM
I would like to add as well that La Salle Greenhills finished their eliminations with a perfect 7-0 slate in Group B. I just don't know when the quarters will start.

gameface_one
05-30-2006, 08:12 AM
I would like to add as well that La Salle Greenhills finished their eliminations with a perfect 7-0 slate in Group B. I just don't know when the quarters will start.

Refer to the FMC Game Sked in the FMC Forum.

Out_Of_The_Blue
08-02-2006, 10:25 PM
Hello Bibby. Has La Salle already finalized its Team A and B line-ups for the coming 2006 FMC2? I only read the partial list of david in one of your posts in this forum.

bigfreeze_bibby
08-03-2006, 08:36 AM
Hello Bibby. Has La Salle already finalized its Team A and B line-ups for the coming 2006 FMC2? I only read the partial list of david in one of your posts in this forum.

I'll post them once I get hold of the final list. Thanks.

GHRanger
08-12-2006, 07:02 PM
From David64 at AP.Com.

In the ongoing FMC2:

DLSU-A: 78, MMC: 63
DLSU-B: 68, Lyceum: 55

Animo La Salle!

bigfreeze_bibby
08-12-2006, 09:30 PM
Respective box scores for the DLSU teams in their FMC2 games earlier:

Team A:
Villanueva 14, Mangahas 10, Maierhofer 9, Batricevic 9, Malabes 9, Casio 8, Atkins 7, Ilad 5, Walsham 3, Co 2, Cua 2 = 78

Team B:
Bagatsing-24, Sia-13, Lee-11, Meneses-6, Burtscher-5, Chua-4, Chang-4, Soller-1 = 68

Notes: For team A, Peejay Barua and Ty Tang didn't play while for team B, Randolph Soriano and Allan Mangahas were the players who weren't able to suit up.

bigfreeze_bibby
08-15-2006, 08:06 AM
There might be games on Saturday. Tentative scheds are as follows: team A vs San Beda at 1:30pm while team B action follows suit at 3pm, opponent to be determined. I'll post the update once scheds are already final.

shyboy
08-17-2006, 08:35 AM
There might be games on Saturday. Tentative scheds are as follows: team A vs San Beda at 1:30pm while team B action follows suit at 3pm, opponent to be determined. I'll post the update once scheds are already final.

Still at the FEU gym?

5FootCarrot
08-17-2006, 08:42 AM
All FMC2 Saturday games will be held in the FEU Gym, all Sunday games at the San Beda Gym. I'm sure if there is a change in venue the organizers will make sure to emphasize this piece of info.

bigfreeze_bibby
08-17-2006, 08:53 AM
Confirmed scheds for FMC2 this Saturday at the FEU gym:

1:30pm DLSU-A vs. San Beda-B
3:00pm DLSU-B vs. EAC-Cavite

08-20-2006, 09:41 AM
DLSU A won by 46 points
DLSU B won by 44 points

DLSZ also won over Arellano

bigfreeze_bibby
08-20-2006, 07:55 PM
DLSU-A beat San Beda-B, 79-33.
DLSU-B beat EAC-Cavite, 91-47.
DLSZ beat Arellano University, 73-72.

cSIAgent
08-24-2006, 01:16 PM
Respective box scores for the DLSU teams in their FMC2 games earlier:

Team A:
Villanueva 14, Mangahas 10, Maierhofer 9, Batricevic 9, Malabes 9, Casio 8, Atkins 7, Ilad 5, Walsham 3, Co 2, Cua 2 = 78

Team B:
Bagatsing-24, Sia-13, Lee-11, Meneses-6, Burtscher-5, Chua-4, Chang-4, Soller-1 = 68

Notes: For team A, Peejay Barua and Ty t@ng didn't play while for team B, Randolph Soriano and Allan Mangahas were the players who weren't able to suit up.

Is that the Sia from chang kai?

bigfreeze_bibby
08-25-2006, 03:23 PM
Is that the Sia from chang kai?

We have no team B player who came from Chiang Kai if I am not mistaken. I think Sia came from LSGH.

bigfreeze_bibby
08-26-2006, 09:53 PM
DLSU-B beat CSB-B earlier, 78-72. DLSU-B went as high as 14 points early in the 3rd quarter but foul trouble struck Bagatsing and the Blazers made a run that cut DLSU-B's lead to just 2 points early in the 4th quarter. Through the help of Soriano, Bagatsing, Chua, and Burtscher, the Archers pulled away for good and established a 12 point lead in the last 2 minutes. The boys were paced by coach Tyrone Bautista since DLSU-B will also have a game tomorrow afternoon against JRU-B.

bigfreeze_bibby
08-28-2006, 10:55 AM
Results from FMC2 competitons yesterday held at San Beda gym:

DLSU-A beat Letran-B, 77-45
DLSZ beat JRU, 79-72
DLSU-B beat JRU-B, 63-56

DLSU standings (win-loss):

DLSU-A 3-0
DLSU-B 4-0
DLSZ 2-1

Kid Cubao
08-28-2006, 12:55 PM
great games by la salle A and B. am glad you're doing fine. think of this as a prolonged offseason. marko still needs some getting used to as a post player, though :)

bigfreeze_bibby
08-28-2006, 03:13 PM
great games by la salle A and B. am glad you're doing fine. think of this as a prolonged offseason. marko still needs some getting used to as a post player, though :)

The true test though for DLSU-B is against their remaining assignments on ADMU-B, FEU-B, NCBA, and SSC-R Cavite.

toti_mendiola
08-28-2006, 03:16 PM
How is Mike B. doing on coach franz system? Will we see him finally at the UAAP come his residency completion?

Rektikano
08-28-2006, 07:05 PM
So far, Mike hasn't really been coached by Franz yet but he is doing well under Tyrone Bautista. He is playing out of position (center) in this tournament since he is the tallest player in the lineup. I think he is best suited as a small forward or power forward. He has a good jumper and can jump and rebound pretty well. If we based it on the system per se, I can see he is coming along fine.

MonL
08-28-2006, 07:53 PM
So far, Mike hasn't really been coached by Franz yet but he is doing well* under Tyrone Bautista. He is playing out of position (center) in this tournament since he is the tallest player in the lineup. I think he is best suited as a small forward or power forward. He has a good jumper and can jump and rebound pretty well. If we based it on the system per se, I can see he is coming along fine.

Seems like he and Marko have the same predicament. Mike has the range of a 3, though seems lightly built for a 4. I suppose he is undergoing a conditioning program now to make him stronger/heavier. But take extra care of his calcium requirements, though.* :)

Marko seems heavier/bigger now than when I last saw him in the Summer FMC. Or am I just imagining things?

toti_mendiola
08-29-2006, 12:53 PM
So far, Mike hasn't really been coached by Franz yet but he is doing well* under Tyrone Bautista. He is playing out of position (center) in this tournament since he is the tallest player in the lineup. I think he is best suited as a small forward or power forward. He has a good jumper and can jump and rebound pretty well. If we based it on the system per se, I can see he is coming along fine.

Thanks for the info. I really ope he can crack your team a. Mike b is a valuable resource that can be utilize both in the offense and defense.

bigfreeze_bibby
08-29-2006, 07:24 PM
I see Mike's conditioning to be something like of Rico Maierhoffer. Both guys have the same body structure and moves well for a power forward and small forward. I have to say though that Mike has better jump shooting range as compared to Rico. Marko has to bulk up so that he can be fit to play the power forward position. Marko starts to show his inside offensive moves (just a little bit) already and I hope this will be consistent for next season.

bigfreeze_bibby
08-30-2006, 09:04 AM
There will be no DLSU-B games this weekend. DLSU-A plays Arellano at 12nn while DLSZ plays san Sebastian at 9am.

5FootCarrot
08-30-2006, 09:39 AM
There will be no DLSU-B games this weekend. DLSU-A plays Arellano at 12nn while DLSZ plays san Sebastian at 9am.

Saturday or Sunday? ??? I know someone who's interested in catching some La Salle FMC2 games.

bigfreeze_bibby
08-30-2006, 12:50 PM
Saturday or Sunday? ??? I know someone who's interested in catching some La Salle FMC2 games.

Sorry if I missed out the playing day. All DLSU games this weekend are on Saturday in FEU gym.

bigfreeze_bibby
09-02-2006, 10:55 PM
DLSU-A beat Arellano University earlier, 82-60. I think this is the first game that I saw wherein DLSU-A's opponent scored above the 50 point mark. Box scores will be posted later on care of david64.

bigfreeze_bibby
09-11-2006, 07:21 AM
DLSU results for this past weekend for FMC:

Saturday games:
DLSU-B beat San Sebastian-Manila, 74-57 (sorry it was SSC-R Manila not Cavite)
DLSZ beat Letran, 68-62 OT

Sunday game:
DLSU-A beat Lyceum Calamba, 128-52

DLSU-A and DLSU-B will have no games this coming weekend since the team will fly to Bahrain (DLSU-A and couple of team B players) to play exhibition games against their professional ball clubs (I think 3 clubs if I am not mistaken).

danny
09-11-2006, 07:34 AM
I do hope Mike B can crack DLSU's Team A for the next season. Madami ba syang ka-kompitensya?

MonL
09-11-2006, 08:18 AM
I do hope* Mike B can crack DLSU's Team A for the next season. Madami ba syang ka-kompitensya?

He will stay on in Team B for two years to comply with UAAP residency requirements. He is still young and he will have his chance in 2008.

Right, Bibby?

green_minded
09-11-2006, 09:26 AM
Sunday game:
DLSU-A beat Lyceum Calamba, 128-52

DLSU-A Massacres Lyceum, Stays Immaculate
By green_minded

The DLSU-A Green Archers kept their slate unscathed at 5-0 as they made mincemeat on a hapless Lyceum-Calamba squad, 128-52, in the ongoing Father Martin Cup 2 Basketball Tournament last Sunday at the San Beda Gym.

After three straight deadlocks in the first minutes of the first quarter, the last at 6 apiece, the Archers, led by Jayvee Casio, orchestrated by Tyrone Tang, suddenly hit their strides as they zoomed to a 19-8 lead, which prompted Lyceum to call a timeout with 4:59 left. As the game resumed, James Mangahas buried a couple of trifectas and the others followed suit as the quarter ended with DLSU in total command at 33-18.

In the second canto, a balanced scoring binge spearheaded by Kish Co plus the playmaking skills of Cholo Villanueva, and the dreaded full court press, gave DLSU a 47-20 advantage as Lyceum, who only could produce 2 split charities, sued for time with 5:16 remaining. Unfortunately the timeout worked more wonders for the Archers as Casio and Mangahas again led the onslaught as the first half closed with an eye-popping 70-26 lead.

Third quarter action saw Lyceum displaying some signs of life as they increased their defense, limiting DLSU to only 22 points in this chapter, but still cannot solve the Archer’s attack, with Mangahas and Brian Ilad leading the charge as quarter ends, 92-41.

Despite the huge bubble, the Archers continued with their killer instinct as they went berserk with a plethora of baskets, led by Co and Ilad, coupled with the famed Pumaren press as DLSU only gave 11 points to their opponents as the game closed its curtains.

DLSU-A (128) – Mangahas J. 25, Casio 22, Ilad 15, Villanueva 14, Walsham 12, Co 11, Barua 11, Maierhofer 6, Atkins 4, Batricevic 4, t@ng 2, Malabes 2

bigfreeze_bibby
09-11-2006, 12:56 PM
I do hope* Mike B can crack DLSU's Team A for the next season. Madami ba syang ka-kompitensya?

He will stay on in Team B for two years to comply with UAAP residency requirements. He is still young and he will have his chance in 2008.

Right, Bibby?

Yup you are right. Mike can join team A come season 71. In terms of kompitensya sa lineup, if he continues to play what he is showing right now, I can say he has an edge come UAAP lineup for season 71. Tingin ko magiging maganda ang timing ng pasok niya sa team A in 2008.

Mateen Cleaves
09-11-2006, 04:40 PM

Right, Bibby?

Bakit two years? Pati ba NCAA transfers, two years na rin?

oca
09-11-2006, 05:05 PM

Right, Bibby?

Bakit two years? Pati ba NCAA transfers, two years na rin?

Minsan ng nabanggit dito sa gameface, hindi Pinoy passport ang dala ni Mike. B.

Mateen Cleaves
09-11-2006, 06:41 PM
Honga pala. Nakalimutan kong import nga pala siya. maraming salamat po. :)

danny
09-12-2006, 02:51 AM
I do hope Mike B can crack DLSU's Team A for the next season. Madami ba syang ka-kompitensya?

Right, Bibby?

Yup you are right. Mike can join team A come season 71. In terms of kompitensya sa lineup, if he continues to play what he is showing right now, I can say he has an edge come UAAP lineup for season 71. Tingin ko magiging maganda ang timing ng pasok niya sa team A in 2008.

Thanks guys for the clarification

bigfreeze_bibby
09-23-2006, 09:14 PM
DLSU-A and DLSU-B both stayed unbeaten in their respective groups after today's game date. DLSU-A beat NU, 93-66 while DLSU-B nipped NCBA, 89-88. DLSU-A's last assignments are against FEATI and also unbeaten UE-B while DLSU-B's last matches will involve FEU-B and Ateneo-B.

Kid Cubao
09-24-2006, 05:38 AM
makukulit talagang kalaban yang NCBA. kahit ateneo-B nahirapan sa mga mokong na yan. they have a great point guard who knows how to make things happen for his teammates, while their shooters have the knack for getting hot just when it's really needed. malakas ang tsamba ng nakba, glad to know you ended with a W :)

bigfreeze_bibby
09-24-2006, 07:12 PM
makukulit talagang kalaban yang NCBA. kahit ateneo-B nahirapan sa mga mokong na yan. they have a great point guard who knows how to make things happen for his teammates, while their shooters have the knack for getting hot just when it's really needed. malakas ang tsamba ng nakba, glad to know you ended with a W :)

It was a very physical ballgame. The good thing that was going for us was the drop pass penetration play which enabled some of our players to score easy baskets. But the bad thing there was our players really got hit hard every time our forwards get the pass from the drop passes. I certainly feel that there should have been a lot of and-1 basket plays that have happened but the referees opted not to blow the whistles in those cases.

NCBA had a good field day when it comes to three point shooting but we were able to counter and take advantage of their weak interior defense that's why DLSU-B stayed in that game and was able to pull off that win. It was a good test as well mentally since the boys didn't lost their focus on the non-calls of the refs. At the same time, it somewhat gave them a preview on what to expect in terms of competition against FEU-B and Ateneo-B.

bigfreeze_bibby
10-01-2006, 10:16 AM
DLSZ won by a wide margin over UST in the juniors division. DLSU-B lost to FEU-B (this team shows kung sino yung puedeng ma-elevate for next year's UAAP season for Anton Montinola's team). All I can say is that maraming options si coach Bert kung sino ang puedeng i-angat sa kanyang UAAP team next season. Walang guard na maliit ang FEU-B and their basics are good especially in their offensive sets. Mabilis ang pasahan ang bola, you'll just notice that one player already is open and will make the easy basket.

Kulang din ang roster ng DLSU-B yesterday. Allan Mangahas didn't play (for the reasons I am trying to find out until now) and some of the guys playing frontline also were out. In short, undermanned sa PF at C spots ang DLSU-B kahapon kaya hirap na hirap sa rebounding. Nakadikit lang ang DLSU-B due to its pressure defense and good finishes sa fast break. But when FEU-B establishes its half court set, hirap ang mga bata na sumunod at bumasa ng passing lanes ng FEU-B.

Magiging maganda ang laban sa grupo na ito since ang last playing date ay sa pagitan ng DLSU-B and Ateneo-B, who are both toting the same cards if I am not mistaken. 3 teams pa sa kanilang group ang maglalaban-laban para sa top 2 spots who will qualify for the crossover semis and those are DLSU-B, FEU-B, and Ateneo-B. Lahat ng tatlong teams ay may tig-isang talo na, pero mukhang mas safe ang FEU-B papasok ng crossover semis since kung sino ang matalo sa DLSU-B at Ateneo-B game (if FEU-B losses in their next assignment) ay i-co-compare ang quotient nila sa FEU-B, na malamang ay malalaglag din since both teams lost to FEU-B.

Ang DLSU-A on the other hand, breezed through past FEATI, 99-48. Badeer had a field day by making 8 triples if I am not mistaken. All DLSU players are just simply impeccable from the outside as Atkins, Tang, Casio, and even Maierhoffer joined the fray in connecting from the trifecta region. Ang papasok malamang sa group A sa crossover semis ay DLSU-A and UE-B. Both teams will face off in their last elimination assignments. Both teams are unbeaten as well as we left FEU gym yesterday.

Kid Cubao
10-01-2006, 09:21 PM
correct analysis, bigfreeze :) today, with ateneo-B's win over SSC-B by the score of 70-62, our respective teams are headed on a collision course for playoff berths when we meet sunday, october 8th.

OT: hindi na kahina-hinala kung bakit ang lakas ng loob na binuwag ni anton montinola yung season 69 FEU tamaraws. maraming magagaling na nag-aabang na i-angat sa UAAP sa susunod na taon. matatangkad, mabibilis, at magagaling ang mga player sa team B nila.

bigfreeze_bibby
10-02-2006, 08:26 AM
correct analysis, bigfreeze :) today, with ateneo-B's win over SSC-B by the score of 70-62, our respective teams are headed on a collision course for playoff berths when we meet sunday, october 8th.

OT: hindi na kahina-hinala kung bakit ang lakas ng loob na binuwag ni anton montinola yung season 69 FEU tamaraws. maraming magagaling na nag-aabang na i-angat sa UAAP sa susunod na taon. matatangkad, mabibilis, at magagaling ang mga player sa team B nila.

OT din: actually inaasar nga namin yung mga players ng FEU-B last Saturday, sabi namin kailangan nila galingan kasi pag natalo sila wala na rin silang dorm at allowance, sumama tingin sa min ni Anton baka di na kami papasukin sa FEU gym for the next games hehehe.

See you guys on October 8th.

green_minded
10-04-2006, 08:39 PM
SUNDAY, OCT 8: SAN BEDA GYM
10:30 = DLSU-A VS UE-B
12:00 = DLSU-B VS ATENEO-B 8)

bchoter
10-08-2006, 06:45 PM
Bibby is Allan Mangahas wearing jersey #15?

bigfreeze_bibby
10-08-2006, 06:49 PM

Yes he was the guy wearing jersey number 15.

bchoter
10-09-2006, 01:04 PM

Yes he was the guy wearing jersey number 15.
And he's a Team B guy????

Susmaryosep!

Fried Green Tomato
10-09-2006, 06:46 PM
Yup. He's still very raw. No slot for him in Team A with ty tang, jv casio & simon atkins. Maybe after season 70 with the expected departure of TY Tang and JV Casio. That's if this PG (not playing in fmc2 but already practicing with the team) would not get his slot.

bigfreeze_bibby
10-10-2006, 06:43 AM
Actually hindi pa rin alam ano magiging role ni Allan Mangahas sa team because he is a combo guard. He can play both the 1 and the 2 positions. He is good but there's a lot of improvement needed to be done on this kid. I'm sure if he works out hard pretty well, made-develop pa yan. Let's see if he cracks out team A in the next seasons to come.

full battle gear
10-12-2006, 11:58 AM
Grounded Archers try to keep their arrows sharp

By Jasmine W. Payo
Inquirer
Last updated 02:25am (Mla time) 10/12/2006

Published on Page A22 of the October 12, 2006 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer

IN A BASKETBALL court tucked in one of the school’s quiet halls, a powerhouse squad tried to seek approval from a surprisingly sizable Sunday crowd.

Winning the game wasn’t the only goal. The day was another opportunity for the team to rebuild its disrupted cage program.

So for the De La Salle University Green Archers, it hardly mattered if the opponent was a raw motley crew in a league lacking in fanfare.

“Right now, I don’t think we’re really in game-shape,” said La Salle coach Franz Pumaren. “It’s so hard if you don’t really have good competition. It’s just like a boxer. If you don’t have a good sparring partner, it’s hard.”

“It’s so hard to motivate the players when they know there’s no existing tournament,” added Pumaren, just minutes after the Archers overwhelmed the University of the East’s Team B squad, 64-44, in the Fr. Martin’s Cup at the San Beda College gym last Sunday.

The blowout win produced none of the thrill of a regular UAAP game.

Slapped with a one-year suspension this season for inadvertently fielding two ineligible players the last two years, the Archers have come to terms with their fate.

They no longer mind the absence of a jampacked crowd, the loud cheers and the pounding drumbeats. A decent number of La Salle alumni, at least, have been showing up in their games.

“The support is still there,” said Pumaren. “They’re raring to see us. Everybody’s looking forward to next year.”

It was the players’ loyalty, though, that impresses Pumaren.

“Simon Atkins, one of the top three high school players last season, decided to stick with us,” he said of the freshman point guard, a standout from 2005 UAAP champion La Salle Zobel.

Also debuting next season are 6-foot-6 Yugoslavian Marko Batricevic from La Salle Greenhills and Bader Malabes, 19, from Bahrain.

Pumaren isn’t sure how the long layoff would affect the Archers next season.

“Every year, other teams improve,” he said. “It’s still too early to say if we’re a Final Four-caliber type of team. It’s still a long process.”

bchoter
10-12-2006, 10:56 PM
Yup. He's still very raw. No slot for him in Team A with ty t@ng, jv casio & simon atkins. Maybe after season 70 with the expected departure of TY t@ng and JV Casio. That's if this PG (not playing in fmc2 but already practicing with the team) would not get his slot.
Other schools wouldn't mind a raw having a raw Allan Mangahas in their Team A. :D What's the rule on transferees who didn't play varsity ball in his original school? Will Team B stint count?

bchoter
10-12-2006, 10:59 PM
Bibby, can you provide the list of players and their jersey numbers? Thanksl man

lurkinggood
10-12-2006, 11:18 PM
Grounded Archers try to keep their arrows sharp

By Jasmine W. Payo
Inquirer
Last updated 02:25am (Mla time) 10/12/2006

Published on Page A22 of the October 12, 2006 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer

Pumaren isn’t sure how the long layoff would affect the Archers next season.

“Every year, other teams improve,” he said. “It’s still too early to say if we’re a Final Four-caliber type of team. It’s still a long process.”

So typical of Franz. Every time he gets interviewed by media, he's so ready to downplay his team's chances. Pero wag ka, come game time, he always gets the job done. I'm sure he's not saying the same thing to motivate his players. :)

5FootCarrot
10-13-2006, 07:39 AM
“Right now, I don’t think we’re really in game-shape,” said La Salle coach Franz Pumaren. “It’s so hard if you don’t really have good competition. It’s just like a boxer. If you don’t have a good sparring partner, it’s hard.”
Now I can't get the image of Franz doing a Marlon Brando impersonation out of my head.

"I coulda been a contendah..." ;D

OK, I'll go away now. :P *scuttles away*

bigfreeze_bibby
10-13-2006, 07:51 AM
Other schools wouldn't mind a raw having a raw Allan Mangahas in their Team A. :D* What's the rule on transferees who didn't play varsity ball in his original school? Will Team B stint count?

I don't think team B stints will count. If ever Allan elevates to team A action, he will have 5 years of playing eligibility. What jersey numbers are you asking? Team B? I'm sorry but I can't recall all the jersey numbers of our team B players.

shyboy
10-14-2006, 12:15 PM
Parang gusto yata hatakin ni bchoter si Allan Mangahas to UST. :D Mukhang ibang Team B players natin i-recruit na rin.

Paul of Bataan
10-14-2006, 01:03 PM
i'm also impressed with the bagatsing kid. plays hard each time. masipag pa sa depensa :)

shyboy
10-15-2006, 10:39 PM
Congrats to Ateneo Team B for beating La Salle Team A, 77-70.

See you Ateneo in UAAP Season 70! ;)

Animo La Salle!

Kid Cubao
10-16-2006, 04:57 AM
idol si badeer malabes :) shooter na, naging slasher pa!

bigfreeze_bibby
10-16-2006, 09:25 AM
Congrats to Ateneo-B for pulling out that big win against DLSU-A. That goes to show that malayo pa sa UAAP shape ang team and madami pang kakaining bigas if the Archers want to be contenders for next season. Ateneo-B just had simply more hustle and hunger to take the win from the Archers.

Side note: Ateneo-B won when Baldos was pulled out. Good move by the coaching staff (it was coach Gabby, right?). Di umikot ang bola ng Ateneo-B when Baldos was playing inside.

Wang-Bu
10-16-2006, 04:47 PM
Tila yata uso laglagan ngayon sa laro.

Nilaglag ng USTe ang llamado na Ateneo sa UAAP Finals.

Nilaglag ng Mapua ang llamado na Ateneo sa CCL Final 4.

Nilaglag ng JRU ang llamado na USTe sa CCL elims.

Ngayon naman nilaglag ng Ateneo B ang llamado na Lasalle A sa FMC Final 4.

shyboy
10-16-2006, 05:00 PM
Actually, yung last three lang ang laglag. Yung first one, talo talaga. ;D

Wang-Bu
10-19-2006, 07:20 PM
Hindi naman masasabi na ang mga offseason na tournament ay magandang sukatan ng galing ng isang koponan pagdating ng UAAP. 'Yung mga Warriors ko naka-ilan taon ng humahataw sa mga Fr Martin pati nitong huling HAIL, pero walang nahita ngayong UAAP. Ang Ateneo panalo nung Fr Martin Open nung offseason kinapos naman laban sa UST. So para sa Archers hindi talaga masasabi kung ano ang kanilang tunay na lakas o hina para sa UAAP dahil lamang sa kinalabasan ng kampanya nila sa Fr Martin. Marami pang mga adjustment hindi lamang sa laro at game plan kundi pati na din sa mga mala-lineup na maaaring mangyari mula ngayon hanggang sa susunod na Hunyo.

Kid Cubao
10-20-2006, 07:37 AM
it was an upset loss, any way you look at it. however, this is the kind of loss that a team will benefit from, for it ultimately provides an accurate gauge of where they are right now vis a vis the UAAP field. the coaching staff already knows how the team lost and are in the best position to address their shortcomings.

easily, it appears to me that la salle fell short because they weren't yet in pressing shape. second, the departures of junjun, ryan, and joseph yeo were clearly felt. bryan ilad and cholo villanueva were missing in action, and they could have helped a lot--especially cholo. as a veteran, he could have brought a lot of stability to the green archers in pressure situations.

ateneo knows better than to crow about their victory against la salle, for experience has made manifest the cruel reality that triumph and heartbreak are two sides of the same coin. i guess the lesson here, for la salle as well as ateneo, is that to become a champion, you must play like underdogs. to win, you've got to earn it.

heto ang pinamakatinding arayyyy para sa ateneo nitong season 69 ;D

Rektikano
10-20-2006, 01:25 PM
Hey Kid,

First of all, congrats to you and Ateneo team B for the win. It was a nice game.

Yup, you are correct. LaSalle learned a lot of lessons from that game. I just hope we come out the better from it. Obviously, the team is not yet ready, especially in the mental aspect of it. Even if we were winning big in the previous games, we could sense something lacking from the attitude, body movements etc. of our boys in those games.

Losing, especially against a worthy rival is always painful but more importantly would be the lessons learned from it.

bigfreeze_bibby
10-23-2006, 06:52 AM
Congratulations to the De La Salle Zobel Junior Archers for winning the FMC2 juniors championship. I think they won by 4 points against San Beda Red Cubs.