PDA

View Full Version : Have the Tams found their rhythm?

Coach T
08-07-2006, 11:31 PM
Or did they just catch two mediocre teams having an off-day? As we enter the second round, do you think FEU is primed for a huge run to defend their title?

It seems they're settling down. Chan is showing his Tayshaunesque form, Barcellano is finally awake, and Jonas has learned to let the game come to him rather than forcing himself on the game. More than the pre-title favorites (UE), I'd be more scared of the Tams if I were Ateneo.

Kid Cubao
08-08-2006, 05:25 AM
it has already been discussed in the FEU threads that the tamaraws will be groping for form in the first round, but later will hit its stride when the second round arrives. what they may be lacking in skill after the departures of arwind, isip and rizada, they make up for with their ceiling, rebounding, and outside scoring.

however, they don't attack the basket often enough to help them even things out in the endgame. if they can vary their offense in order to keep defenses honest, then we can expect them to make a serious bid by winning all their next assignments. is it possible? definitely yes. is it realistic? now that's a different matter.

bluebruiser90
08-08-2006, 07:02 AM
Or did they just catch two mediocre teams having an off-day?* As we enter the second round, do you think FEU is primed for a huge run to defend their title?*

It seems they're settling down.* Chan is showing his Tayshaunesque form, Barcellano is finally awake, and Jonas has learned to let the game come to him rather than forcing himself on the game.* More than the pre-title favorites (UE), I'd be more scared of the Tams if I were Ateneo.

FEU will always be dangerous and will always be a difficult match-up for Ateneo. Regardless of the anemic start, the Tams will be serious contenders this year. Ateneo will not make the mistake of taking the Tams lightly.

john_paul_manahan
08-08-2006, 04:46 PM
lets just say that it takes awhile for some teams to make adjustments... after all, the players they lost are very vital to how feu plays on both ends of the court.

green_minded
08-09-2006, 03:19 PM
Not that much pa siguro, but the Adamson beating was a statement win. ;)

Jump_Shooter
08-09-2006, 10:37 PM
Barcellano has been the big difference in FEU's wins and losses. While he will never be a Mark Isip, it is important for him to rebound and score the way he did the past two games if FEU is to have a chance of catching up with UE for the twice-to-beat advantage.

Mel
08-15-2006, 01:13 PM
Ingat ang lahat sa FEU.

arjay_g
08-16-2006, 03:11 AM
I think they've rediscovered their confidence. Teams should watch out for them. Well, too late for Adamson though. Those two losses to FEU would hurt if they end up tied for the 4th and last playoff spot.

Mel
08-16-2006, 08:18 AM
Those two losses to FEU would hurt if they end up tied for the 4th and last playoff spot.

this is highly unlikely since I see no other team challenging for the 3rd spot behind UE and Ateneo.
If FEU and Adu is tied for the 3rd-4th seed, then as the rules state, there will be a playoff.

yungha
08-16-2006, 12:06 PM
in my opinion, after Ateneo, FEU is the most disciplined UAAP team as illustrated in their last 3 games. they do lose focus at times though when jonas tends to do too much one-on-one. but otherwise, the tams are well-structured and quietly efficient. years of championship experience tend to give you that, i guess.

Joescoundrel
08-16-2006, 08:09 PM
Barcellano and Mangahas have finally shown up, and THAT has been the real good news for FEU. They were expecting these two to be the new bruise brother combination for the Tamaraws right from the get-go. But Barcellano was erratic in the first round while Mangahas was injured. Now that both of them have found their game, it has become easier for Jonas Villanueva and Jeff Chan to play theirs. These two have so far provided consistent enough scoring and rebounding plus the veteran inside presence that surprise packages like JR Gerilla and Billy Afable cannot. FEU will be a hot contender all the way to the last game, and might still get into the Final 4. Once there I doubt if any team, even with a twice-to-beat advantage, would want to face the defending champions in that kind of scenario.

john_paul_manahan
08-17-2006, 06:27 PM
well, does winning four in a row answer that question?

lets see this sunday against UE...

pio_valenz
08-17-2006, 08:29 PM
^Bert Flores had an interesting comment earlier today when asked about his team's four straight wins. He said it's very deceptive because all those wins came against only two teams - Adamson and UP. He'll be much happier if they actually start beating the teams they didn't beat in the first round. Let's see on Sunday.