PDA

View Full Version : WORD OF CAUTION

ESCALERA JR.
07-24-2006, 08:36 PM
CALLING ALL fELLOW LETRANITES

This coming Wednesday 26 July, the game against San Beda is a much anticipated one by both schools, their alumni, studentry, followers, virtually the whole community of their respective schools will be present to give their support for their team. As such, it will definitely be a jampacked stadum, filled to capacity. Let me remind you to take the neccessary precautions.

The venue( N.A.S.) or the Ninaoy Aquino Stadium has been the subject of negative feedbacks from almost all participationg schools in the NCAA as well as in the UAAP with regards to its safety. If you will notice, the stadium has only one ENTRY/EXIT point. The said stadium is expected to accomodate a capacity crowd of not less than 10,000 people.

Let us all be conscious of the SAFETY FIRST attitude lest we become victims of our own follies. The ONE ENTRY/EXIT POINT is a FIRE HAZARD by any standard and the MANCOM should take note of this before any untoward incident happens, God forbid.

Just a friendly reminder mga tsong, and lets all have a nice time. Arriba !

lekiboy
07-26-2006, 11:42 AM
Amen to that, escalera jr.

I heard that the cheering squads of letran and san beda will do a joint cheer. This is a good sign. Anyways, I do not think the knights and the lions have a violent history ....that is as far as I rememebr from the late 80s and earlly 90s.. Sometimes, we even cheer with them against another team..

Enjoy the games on FRI. I am sure there will be kids and parents in this game. Let's role model by discouraging foul cheers. We have a big effort for this in the DEN.... and like what escalera jr said, BE SAFE.

Go San Beda Fight!

ESCALERA JR.
07-26-2006, 04:25 PM
The postponment of the game for Friday has escalated the the excitement even more. A bigger venue should be also considered. We"ll just have to see what happens on game day and make whatever adjustments there is to make the next time the 2 schools meet. I am 100% sure NAS will be filled to the rafters.

I do hope the battle will be only inside the hardcourt. But a little bit of "kantiyawan and tuksuhan" will make the game more fun and exciting. Surely hope it stays that way.

Arriba! and Animo!

danny
07-29-2006, 05:11 AM
Amen to that, escalera jr.

I heard that the cheering squads of letran and san beda will do a joint cheer. This is a good sign. Anyways, I do not think the knights and the lions have a violent history ....that is as far as I rememebr from the late 80s and earlly 90s.. Sometimes, we even cheer with them against another team..

Enjoy the games on FRI. I am sure there will be kids and parents in this game. Let's role model by discouraging foul cheers. We have a big effort for this in the DEN.... and like what escalera jr said, BE SAFE.

Go San Beda Fight!

Yup we never really had a violent history with Letran even in the old days. That is also among the reason why we never had a "storied rivalry" ( which ABS-CBN and the NCAA Mancom is trying to hype) with Letran. The Letran and the La Salle were our comrades in arms against our once fierce rival Ateneo.

Letran and La Salle , although they were with us against the Blue Eagles , were also fighting a battle between them during those days.

But that's history.

Until we meet again.

darcy
07-29-2006, 02:43 PM
I was surprised with the pr the NCAA is industriously circulating on print media. There is no rivalry between San Beda and Letran. And to to cite a 1950's finals match as lone proof to this hype is definitely false.

Arriba!

lekiboy
07-29-2006, 08:17 PM
Letranites, I was also surprised with the press release. So please clarify - who is really the arch rival of Letran?
Thanks,

darcy
07-29-2006, 10:55 PM
Arch rival? none.

danny
07-30-2006, 01:42 AM
Letranites, I was also surprised with the press release. So please clarify - who is really the arch rival of Letran?
Thanks,

The 80's was the time of the fierce and sometimes violent battles between Letran and San Sebastian. The NCAA was trying to hype this but was unsuccesful. In NCAA basketball, that was the closest thing to an archrivalry.

Today there's none. :)

lekiboy
07-30-2006, 12:17 PM
Danny,
That is what i recall, 80s..San Sebastian and Letran. I think we can have that also confirmed by the former. San Beda also had some good jeering stages with SSC but only jeerings, SSC was very dominant that time.

darcy
07-30-2006, 02:24 PM
, SSC was very dominant that time.

Yes. They are the only team in the league which made 5 consecutive wins in the early 90s.

ESCALERA JR.
07-30-2006, 08:49 PM
Now that we have seen the huge crowd last friday, just hoping these 2 teams would meet in a much bigger venue. The 2nd round meeting will be much anticipated and definitely would bring a larger audience.

I don't know if ABS-CBN still ain't convinced of the marketability of NCAA, special mention to SBC-LC game, but this one would surely make the ADMU-DLSU games a run for their money.

lekiboy
07-30-2006, 09:10 PM
I am sure that they are looking at this right now..especially the marketing teams. With the suspension of La Salle, they have to be innovative on how to sell these games better - to the viewers and to the sponsors - I think this is one of the reasons also why they created the "storied rivalry" of SJLC and SBC....

On a brighter side, I would love to watth Ateneo and San Beda clash in the Chamions' league, including the runner ups... Hopefully, the 2 protagonists win their respective league trophies.