PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Power Rankings

easter
07-24-2006, 08:08 PM
Let us have a weekly power rankings like CNN.com for the NBA.

1. UST - The Tigers acquired the biggest win this week by beating none other than title favorite UE. Plus the way they beat them makes them truly deserve this numero uno spot.

2. Ateneo - You cannot argue with a 3-0 card but still their inability to completely put out opponents while UST displayed a masterful win over UE gives them only the #2 spot.

3. Adamson - An up and coming team like UST. Just like UST they are improving in every game.

4. NU - They got a big win on FEU and showed that what they did to Ateneo was no fluke.

5. UE - Rounding out the last three spots are teams that did not register a win this week and UE is one of them. I expected a tough game against UST but the latter dominated from the 2nd Quarter onwards which was kind of surprising.

6. UP - I'd like to put UP on #5 but UE 's 2-1 record still matters for something. UP needs to mature fast to stay with the rest of the UAAP.

7. FEU - They're down right now but they are still a dangerous team and I expect them to climb the ranks soon.

Coach T
07-29-2006, 01:24 AM
Hmmmm... as the only unbeaten team in the league, i think ateneo deserves top ranking even before they went up 4-0.* their matchup with ust next week might clear this up.

anyway, i'd have the rankings this way:
1.* ateneo - a clean slate is a clean slate whichever way you look at it
2.* ust - their upset win over the warriors got them rolling
3.* ue - found their D in time vs NU to avoid dangerous 2-game slide
4.* adamson - a few breaks here and there could've meant 4-0 for these "feed-bono" falcons
5.* up - marvin cruz, marvin cruz, marvin cruz, nuff said.
6.* nu - ending 8-year drought vs feu was huge.* beating the warriors would have been bigger though
7.* feu jrs. - maybe their big brothers could learn a thing or two from their streak
8.* feu srs. - is that smoke coming from coach flores' seat?

just my 2 cents' worth.* ;D* hope you guys didn't take some of the comments too seriously.* just trying to make it more fun.* seriously, feu blew a big opportunity to get that momentum-swinging first game against ateneo.* they better sweep the last 2 games of the first round to keep themselves in the picture.

Coach T
07-29-2006, 01:59 AM
oh, and this sunday's ateneo-ue game might make the rankings even more interesting!

john_paul_manahan
08-01-2006, 10:36 AM
Ateneo - no complaining for being 5-0

ADU - could it be? could it be?

UE - outplayed, outclassed... "Bon-Bon!!!!!"

UST - can they bounce back? they were lethargic. good luck without jojo "zizu" vs ADU

NU - typical NU basketball, but with wins to show for it

FEU - big win against UP, can they rack 'em up?

UP - something's a brew here

DLSU - Suspended, so they stay here.

easter
08-01-2006, 03:41 PM
1. Ateneo - Now after beating UE, they do deserve this top spot. No more arguments here!
2. NU - Yeah they lost to UE but not after almost dragging the Warriors to twilight zone. Then they came back and mangled UST!
3. Adamson - No games this week but their accomplishments in the past merit this top 3 place.
4. UE - Yup they won against NU but it was too scary and then lost their biggest game this week so they are down here.
5. FEU - They finally won one and could be back in the groove!
6. UP - Once again gave it their all but came up short in that FEU game.
7. UST - From No.1 all the way down to No. 7. Big loss to NU after that accomplishment against UE. A win however against Adamson and Ateneo can propel them back to the top of my power rankings.

A-boy97
08-07-2006, 09:04 PM
1. Ateneo - Sweep of the first round, mauled UST, the team just gets better and better!

2. UE - Finished a decent second, can Bon-bon and company continue to dominate consistently?

3. Adamson - Coach Austria is the best thing that has happened to Adamson. Finally a coach that can utilize the talent they have. Will Agustin finally get his stride back to complement the games of Bono and Cabahug?

4. FEU - 2 straight wins to end the first found. Jonas and company are playing good ball as of late. A late start to the title defense of the Tams.

5 or 6. NU - There are two NU Bulldogs showing. The first, a solid run and gun team anchored by Asoro. The other, a lemon team shooting too much treys.(Even in their wins, they just shoot to much 3 pointers.) Can Coach Manny finally intstruct the team that they have solid post players?

5 0r 6. UP - No consistency. UE exposed the way to stop the Maroon's hot shot rookie, Migs de Asis. Will the Maroons finally see the leadership needed from David and Cruz?

7. UST - From a serious threat during the start of the tournament to last. No more Vizcarra for the rest of the tourney. UST has been on a terrible slide. Can the Tigers come back from their 3-game losing skid, especially the mauling they got from Ateneo?

Mel
08-08-2006, 10:05 AM
I'll rank FEU higher than Adamson...watch out for them in the 2nd round.

Apocrypha
08-08-2006, 11:41 AM
I agree that FEU will be tough in the 2nd round. They'll be out to get revenge on all the teams that beat them in the 1st round. The coming FEU games versus Ateneo and UE will be particularly interesting.

For the current power rankings, I'd still place FEU behind Adamson though, but not by much.

john_paul_manahan
08-08-2006, 04:43 PM
For the 1st round...

Ateneo - well well well... 6-0... virtually no weaknesses exposed... might have sealed a postseason berth already.

UE - not bad at 4-2... can the other guys step up other than their ABCs...

Adamson - maybe they can pull it off... they'll need consistent pg play, though. maybe coach leo can teach a thing or 2.

FEU - the most dangerous 2-4 team. wait until they get their stride.

NU - they have good big men... and all-out gunners... they have to complement.

UP - good showing by the kids... can the old guys step up and lead?

UST - well well well... after that massacre, they ought to be here...

Coolmanny
08-29-2006, 01:33 AM
no updates yet? ;D

john_paul_manahan
08-29-2006, 03:11 PM
so far...

Ateneo: they finally lost

UE: they will not be number 1 until they manage to beat them on 9/9

UST: slowly but surely gaining the never-say-die spirit of coach pido... give credit to them...

FEU: the champs are rounding into good form.

Adamson: 3 teams, 2 spots... maybe the odd team out.

NU: one foot on the grave.

UP: time to play the kids...

Coolmanny
09-06-2006, 09:10 PM
wala bang bago? ;D