PDA

View Full Version : Season 69 Women's Baasketball

Jump_Shooter
07-21-2006, 02:46 PM
This thread is for general discussions about Season 69 Women's basketball. Following are the team standings as of today:

FEU 2 0
ADMU 1 0
ADU 1 0
UP 1 1
UST 1 1
NU 0 2
UE 0 2

NU has finally formed a women's team, but what are the players called?

How will defending chmapion Ateneo cope with the loss of several players from last year's champion team?

Which team poses the biggest threat to the Lady Eagles' title defense - Adamson, FEU, or UP?

Post your comments here.

oca
07-21-2006, 04:40 PM
This thread is for general discussions about Season 69 Women's basketball. Following are the team standings as of today:

How will defending chmapion Ateneo cope with the loss of several players from last year's champion team?

Which team poses the biggest threat to the Lady Eagles' title defense - Adamson, FEU, or UP?

Post your comments here.

Ano nga ba ang feminine ng dog?

So kung lalaki ay Bulldogs...ang babae ay Bull...

Tama ba yun ??? ??? ???

oca
07-21-2006, 04:43 PM

Post your comments here.

During the FMC 2006 NSL, if I recall it right, Adamson and FEU figured in the title match. So malamang nasa dalawang iyan ang aagaw ng korona ng Lady Eagles.

Lucas Palaka
07-24-2006, 09:13 AM
i was able to watch yesterday's game between the lady eagles and the UST lady tigers, which ateneo lost 69-57. ateneo definitely misses the balance they had with veterans carolyn tanchi, tin chua, d-cay caynap, and one and out phenom ems matreo. it's a rebuilding season for ateneo, and i'm afraid there are teams out there who are physically stronger, better conditioned, and more experienced.

the story yesterday was that the ladies' games were originally scheduled at the UE gym, which is at the fifth or sixth floor of the UE athletics building. going up was an ordeal for a middle-aged man like me. satan's idea of physical fitness, i must say.

halftime score was 41-35 with UST leading. at the end of two quarters, the lady eagles lost a great shooter, kariz javier, due to a right ankle sprain after converting a buzzer-beating three at the end of the first when she accidentally landed on the foot of a UST defender. ateneo struggled to defend against UST's bacarro and buenacosa.

back at halftime: that's when the rains started to pour heavily. the gym roof started leaking in various spots of the playing area. drip, drip, drip. it got so bad that second half action was halted pending the decision of the UAAP commissioner, who himself is a distinguished alumnus of UE. after almost an hour of close consultations with school representatives whose teams were also playing yesterday, the commissioner ordered the second half of the UST-ateneo game as well as all subsequent games to be played at the FEU gym. oh, great. this is UE's version of the chinese water torture.

turns out the FEU gym was a mere block away from the UE gym in gastambide street. compared to the UE gym, which must have seen the days of dalupan and pumaren (pilo--not derek, franz, or dindo), the FEU facility is quite modern and a lot airier and more comfortable.

re the second half of the ateneo-UST game: ateneo opened with a scoring bulge by AJ barracoso to close the gap in the opening minutes. in response, UST adjusted by closing the middile and daring ateneo to shoot from outside. on offense, UST played a smart game by working the ball inside and out and finding the best shot each and every time. much of the scoring came from buenacosa and bacarro, but i felt the lady tigers on the whole were more aggressive in rebounding and loose ball situations, which led to more possessions that later resulted in more points for their squad.

ateneo should bone up on their free throws as well. for instance, i've lost count of the number of misses by cassie tioseco. we got beaten down the stretch, folks. it's a long tournament, though--the absence of the lady archers has been offset by the addition of the NU women's squad this season

Howard the Duck
07-24-2006, 09:43 AM

Post your comments here.

Ano nga ba ang feminine ng dog?

So kung lalaki ay Bulldogs...ang babae ay Bull...

Tama ba yun ??? ??? ???

Lady Bulldogs daw :p

Jump_Shooter
07-24-2006, 12:56 PM
Complete women's results yesterday:

UST def. ADMU, 69-57
UE def. NU, 72-50
FEU def. Adamson, 60-56

Updated standings:
FEU 3 0
UST 2 1
UP 1 1
ADMU 1 1
ADU 1 1
UE 1 2
NU 0 3

lauren1821
07-25-2006, 06:44 AM
surprise.. surprise..

the lady eagles lost to the tigresses..

and adamson lost to the lady tamarraws..

this is an exciting year.. too bad, wasn't able to watch. bad weather.. tsktksktkstks.. >:(

oca
07-25-2006, 09:47 AM
surprise.. surprise..

the lady eagles lost to the tigresses..

and adamson lost to the lady tamarraws..
this is an exciting year.. too bad, wasn't able to watch. bad weather.. tsktksktkstks..* >:(

This is no surprise if you had followed these teams in the off-season.

lauren1821
07-25-2006, 09:28 PM
i guess that's one thing i missed oca..

so what's ur fearless forecast this season 69?

BLUE HORSE
07-26-2006, 01:46 AM
There will be 5 teams fighting for the final 4. Only UE and NU will be saling pusa this season.

During the FMC this past summer FEU, UP and Adamson took turns beating each other. I think FEU ended up winning the championship and are the heavy favorites.

typhoidterry
07-27-2006, 08:12 PM
A very productive day for Ateneo Basketball! The Blue Eagles over FEU and the Lady eagles over NU. The Lady Eagles beat NU by 20 points at noon today. The Lady Eagles got quality minutes from the big girl Santos, Indigne, Gomez Magdangal and Co. According to the stat people at the Adamson Gym, Tioseco got 20 plus points and 20 plus rebounds! Wow! Does anyone have the stats for today's game? I am interested to see the stats of Quimpo and Barracoso. The twin tower tandem of Tioseco and Barracoso bulldozed their way to victory.

lauren1821
07-27-2006, 09:44 PM
too bad i wasn't able to wait for ateneo's game earlier at adamson.

i watched the game of the tigresses and the maroons.. it was an intense game from start to finish. in the end, UST's athleticism gave them another win. not a very good start for UP indeed.

Joescoundrel
07-27-2006, 10:52 PM
Adamson and FEU are the preseason favorites; either UST or UP will crash the Final 4 party. Ateneo is by no means assured of a Final 4 slot this year. We were already nearly denied even a Final 4 slot last year with a more experienced and talented team, so it'll definitely be even less of a cakewalk this year. If anything this year's team will likely be one heck of a banger next year with a full year's experience under their collective belts. It is easy to see that Coach John Flores is still trying to figure out which of his new girls will step up consistently and thus gain a permanent spot on his rotation.

Right now thrid-year guard Treena Limgenco, second-year forward Hila Indigne and freshman guard Mariana Lopa have gotten the significant minutes. Freshman power forward Ronna Co has gotten a cup of coffee so far in their first two games. Treena and Iana seem to have the edge as far as minutes go, but their inexperience is sometimes painful to watch, especially with the turnover picture.

FEU has at least four superior multiskilled players who gained yet another year's experience playing together: Au Adriano, Ayi Rivera, Diana Jose, Jeng Nido, have both perimeter and post skills as well as size, strength, speed and springs. These "four horsemen" ran beat the favored Lady Falcons in the FMC Summer tournament, and recently did it again in their first round encounter over the weekend. Looks like Coach Mike Oliver has finally found the right buttons to push for the Lady Tamaraws.

Merenciana Arayi continues to be a one-woman team for Adamson and will likely be the Season MVP, although hulking center Mai Rabago is giving her a lot of help down low. Adamson is feeling the loss of Tess Gadian though, as the perimeter game of the Lady Falcons is now exclusively in Arayi's hands. Coach Vega may have to diversify the offense and make the ball movement more egalitarian or defenses will be barricades all around Arayi.

gameface_one
07-28-2006, 09:17 AM
Ateneo, Adamson cagerettes prevail
mb.com.ph

ATENEO, THE defending champion, and Adamson, last year’s runner-up, got back into the groove by routing their respective opponents yesterday in UAAP Season 69 women’s basketball action at the Adamson gym.

The Lady Eagles erased the stigma of a 69-57 loss to the Santo Tomas Tigresses last Sunday and were merciless against tournament newcomer National U, 69-49.

The Lady Falcons, 60-56 losers to the Lady Tamaraws of Far Eastern U also last Sunday, overwhelmed the Amazons of season host University of the East, 86-62.

Ateneo and Adamson now tote similar 2-1 win-loss records to trail FEU, the league-leader with three straight wins.

In yesterday’s other match, UST nipped University of the Philippines, 65-61, for its third win in four games. UP slipped to 1-2.

Cassy Tioseco pulled off a double-double for Ateneo with 22 points and 20 rebounds, while Kat Quimpo added 13 points and Trina Limgengco and AJ Barracoso had 10 apiece.

Jovelyn Mejia had 14 points in pacing NU, which is winless in four starts. No other Lady Bulldogs finished in double figure.

Joan Carpo scored 22 points and had nine rebounds and Yeng Ravago added 20 points to lead the Lady Falcons.

typhoidterry
07-29-2006, 12:47 PM
To all Blue Eagle faithful, the revised schedule of the remaining women's basketball games for the first round, confirmed to me this morning by the secretary of Junjun Capistrano:

Sunday, July 30, 2006 Blue Eagle Gym
11:00am ADU vs ADMU

Wednesday, August 2, 2006 Blue Eagle Gym
9:30am FEU vs ADMU

Saturday, August 5, 2006 FEU Gym
8:00am UE vs ADMU

gameface_one
07-29-2006, 11:06 PM
To all Blue Eagle faithful, the revised schedule of the remaining women's basketball games for the first round, confirmed to me this morning by the secretary of Junjun Capistrano:

Sunday, July 30, 2006 Blue Eagle Gym
11:00am ADU vs ADMU

Wednesday, August 2, 2006 Blue Eagle Gym
9:30am FEU vs ADMU

Saturday, August 5, 2006 FEU Gym
8:00am UE vs ADMU

Thanks typhoidterry but I think this was already posted in the BEN.

Joescoundrel
07-31-2006, 02:14 PM
With Adamson's loss to Ateneo yesterday it seems even the once-mighty Lady Falcons have shown they are not as invincible as they once were. Former star Tess Gadian is gone, so are two of their key rotation players who used up their grad student eligibility last year. Merenciana Arayi is still arguably the best player in the women's tournament with her unsurpassed athletic abilities and natural basketball talent. But with only Jeng Ravago as a significant other contributor to their cause, the Lady Falcons are finding the going tough against the better teams - they lost to FEU last weekend before their loss to Ateneo yesterday.

This leaves the women's tournament more or less open to any possibility. FEU is currently the best team in the UAAP as Au Adriano, Ayi Rivera, Mildred Jose, Jeng Nido, and the rest of the Lady Tamaraws look headed for their first UAAP women's title in many years. The four abovementioned are easily the most talented core group of players in the league, and are also blessed with size and athleticism. Adriano even boasts a sterling FEU basketball pedigree: her older brother Kiko is one of the most talented swingmen in the PBA. Coach Mike Oliver seems to have finally found the rest formula to get his girls running on all cylinders. It doesn't hurt either that these Lady Tamaraws could give any of the other beauties of the women's tournament a serious run for their money.

UST is emerging as yet another force with the arrival of two athletic swing players: Marichu Bacaro and Jing Buenacosa. These two have given UST a big dose of athletic talent, something the Tigresses did not used to have. Even mainstays like Mai Gregorio, Neriss Noscal and Neng Vinas have learned to run the floor and crash the boards with greater purpose. Tiny pointguard Beng Buyco has also become a serious player to contend with as her speed and agility often catch opposing guards flatfooted.

oca
07-31-2006, 03:33 PM
i guess that's one thing i missed oca..

so what's ur fearless forecast this season 69?

Unlike in the Men's Division, where during the offseason events, some schools would not field a full roster, opting for a "try-out line-up" instead. In the Ladies side, almost always a "full roster" could be seen competing.

Since the ladies team of FEU won 2 offseason events last summer, they should be heavily favored to win the UAAP title this season. They beat UST in the HAIL and Adamson at the FMC.

So maybe these three- FEU, UST and Adamson, should make the semis, leaving one spot for the rest of the league to determine.

typhoidterry
07-31-2006, 10:05 PM
The last spot for the Final four this year is a toss up between our ladies and the Lady Fighting Maroons. Our Lady Eagles are on the right track right now, losing to UST but winning big against UP and ADU. UP has been struggling in the end game while our rookie laden team keeps pulling the rug from under more experienced and talented teams. that is good sign, showing composure early in the season. I have seen all their games this season and I have noticed that the Lady Eagles are always in foul trouble. The referees seem to have something against our girls. The true blue crowd almost went berserk yesterday on all the bad calls on Tioseco and Barracoso. The UAAP should also be reminded to bring a medical team in all the Lady Eagles games, not for the players but for the crowd. Our wins are not exactly cardiac friendly. ;D

A win is still a win!

BlueEagle_the_King
08-02-2006, 03:58 PM
once again, our Lady Eagles pulled through with a two-point win against the Lady Tamaraws today at the Blue Eagle Gym. Final score 50-48!

It was a very low-scoring ball game as it was plagued with fouls and turn-overs from both sides. But it was to the benefit of the Lady Eagles that the Lady Tamaraws committed more turn-overs (or at least the crucial ones).

Thanks to big time baskets from Cassy Tioseco and rookie Treena Limgengco and crucial freethrows made by Kat Quimpo, the Lady Eagles were able to come from behind and steal this ballgame away from FEU.

The Ladies would not have won it if it were not for their great straight-up defense in the dying seconds of the game. (With a little more than ten seconds remaining, it was FEU ball and Ateneo was up by just two. Ateneo was in the penalty.)

Keep it up Ladies!
Blue Eagle the Queen!

typhoidterry
08-02-2006, 06:17 PM
Whew! What a game! If you need a good adrenaline pump, I suggest you watch the Lady Eagles in action. Great effort on their part, overcoming a 7 point FEU lead in the last 6 minutes of the game. Almost went to the hospital to get my blood pressure checked. ;D

jembengzon
08-02-2006, 07:06 PM
congrats lady eagles ! what a team ! ;D

Joescoundrel
08-02-2006, 08:53 PM
FEU is not unbeatable after all, as the defending champion Lady Eagles showed this morning. Playing straight up D with active darting hands payed handsome dividends for Ateneo. Kudos to defense coach Ron "Rapsa" Camara for all the preparation. What makes FEU particularly difficult to defend is that their key players all have size and are all superb athletes who are extremely versatile. Diana Jose is a 5'8" forward who can nail the step-back trey as easily as she can slash and post up box to box. Aurora Adriano is another 5'8" athlete who can play at least four positions. Ihrene Rivera, Kathy Nido and Chovi Borja are all tall and athletic and can play at least two positions each.

Unfortunately they ran into what has to be the smartest team in the tournament, including the men's and juniors divisions. Ateneo beat FEU by simply flexing their matchup zone and forcing FEU to try and beat them one-on-one instead of as a team. When the Lady Tams were leading it was because they played as a team, making the extra pass, moving the ball swiftly, finding open players along the baseline and on the drive-and-draw. When our Lady Eagles clamped down FEU did the infamous "kanya-kanya" plays. I agree with BlueEagleTheKing: it was indeed the defense that has been helping Ateneo win. Imagine back-to-back wins over the two toughest teams in the league!

Fans have taken notice of the fearless and iron-bodied play of rookie forward-center Jessa Santos. Jessa has been getting the bloodiest assignments thus far - Jeng Ravago of Adamson then Kathy Nido and Diana Jose of FEU - and to think she is just a freshman. Another freshman getting noticed is Mariana Lopa, whose occasional all-the-way drives have stunned deefenses who think she looks to slow and too stocky to suddenly kick in the afterburners for the daredevil drive. And to those who thought she couldn't play pointguard in college y'all can stick it where the sun don't shine. If she ever gets a consistent trey like Kariz Javier she'd be declared illegal.

It seems that the unmatched quickness of the Bacaro-Buenacosa tandem will be the real test for the Lady Eagles this year. They have not found an answer to the speed and versatility of these two new Tigresses, something they will have to figure out in the second round.

theunderdog
08-11-2006, 01:08 AM
i think the final four cast for this season's comnpetition is already set. admu, feu, ust and adamson in no particular order. UP finished strong last year but just cant seem to gather themselves in the endgame astheir collapse against ADMU showed

cassy tioseco has been playing great basketball i think she'll be the MVP

typhoidterry
08-16-2006, 08:06 PM
Once again, our young but feisty Lady Eagles proved steadier down the stretch as they stole the game from Adamson. They survived and conquered despite being in foul trouble and OUCH! the turnovers! Down 7 points with less than 3 minutes remaining,defense started to work our way. Kariz Javier converted a 3 pointer with less than 50 seconds giving the Lady Eagles a 2 point lead. Treena Limgenco scored after a defensive stop to make it 4 points with 14 seconds remaining. Arayi tries to rescue ADU by converting a 3 pointer...GASP!!! Cherryl Ngo is fouled,makes 1 out of 2 attempts 8 seconds remaining. ADU had a chance to tie the game but the Ateneo defense prevented them from taking a shot...time runs out on them.

Great game Lady Eagles!

jancarlo
08-16-2006, 09:25 PM
Amazing! Before the season started, critics were even predicting that the Ateneo Lady Eagles don't have what it takes to be in the Finals and not even the Final Four with the graduation of a lot of players.

Sam Miguel
08-17-2006, 08:30 PM
When will Coach Emilia Vega of Adamson realize she no longer has the sort of team that once ruled the women's tournament? Joan Bombeo and Tess Gadian are gone, so there goes the perimeter and slashing aspect from practically every angle in the halfcourt. The newcomers simply aren't getting it done consistently enough. They have also lost some size across the board, a very telling thing.

Their Queen Falcon Merenciana Arayi looks set to win another MVP award, but look at the Lady Falcons' record: an uncharacteristic 4-3 after their close loss to Ateneo. Arayi takes too many shots, dominates the ball too much, refuses to involve her teammates and pretty much makes herself useless against smart / athletic teams like FEU, UST and Ateneo because of her silly fouls. And with center Jeng Ravago as the only other meaningful player on their lineup this year, Arayi has been forcing the action even more than usual. Without an all-star lineup these mistakes become irreparably costly, as Cherryl Ngo demonstrated.

Can the Falcons make the Final 4? I have no doubt. Will they return to the Finals? Not if its FEU they run into in the Final 4.

typhoidterry
08-20-2006, 01:25 PM
How about this for a game!!! :o 2.2 seconds remaining in the 4th quarter. UP just converted a nerve wracking shot from under the basket that gave them a 1 point lead. Ateneo calls time out. Half court inbound Ateneo. All options are anticipated, Kariz Javier get herself free from a defender, shot fake! Defenders goes for the fake! Javier drives! Stops on a dime and pops a short jumper! Ball is mid air, buzzer goes off! SWIIISSHHH!!!! ATENEO WINS!!!!!!!!!!!! A HARD EARNED ONE POINT WIN!!!!

Just another regular working day for our Lady Eagles. ;D ;D ;D

Wang-Bu
08-22-2006, 08:21 PM
Ibang-iba na talagang UST Tigresses ngayon. Dati mabuhay-mamatay sila sa shooting lang ng iisang tao - si Tin Arcegal. Dalawang season ng wala si Arcegal, medyo lumiit pa ang Tigresses, pero ito na, sila pa lang ang makakapagmalaki sa liga na nakatalo sa Ateneo at sa FEU. Malaking bagay talaga ang pagdating nina Marichu Bacaro at Jing Buenacosa sa UST. Dahil sa dalawang ito biglang nagkaroon ng kakaibang bilis at liksi ang lineup ng Tigresses. Habang nariyan pa sina Neris Noscal, Jen Gregorio at Ning Vinas na katulong nitong dalawang bagong star ng UST, malayo ang mararating nila. Ewan ko lang pero kung ako Ateneo o FEU ayokong makabangga ang UST sa FInal 4, malaking tulog ng kahit sinong makakabangga ng Tigresses ngayon sa Final 4. Kayang-kayang makipagtakbuhan nina Bacaro at Buenacosa kahit kanino, at matatalino pang maglaro pareho, may drive at may pukol sa labas. Ang pag-asa lang ng ibang koponan kapag napa-foul trouble ang isa o pareho sa kanila.

Sam Miguel
09-07-2006, 08:40 PM
Ateneo and FEU are in a virtual best-of-three situation now going into the Final 4. The Lady Eagles, Lady Tams and UST Tigresses actually finished the elims at identical 9-3 records. But UST gets the top seed by virtue of a superior quotient over the other two squads, thus leaving Ateneo and FEU to duke it out. UST has a twice-to-beat edge over the fighting UP Lady Maroons of Coach Eric Aquino, but as this tournament has shown, anything and every thing can happen.

Ateneo for instance was written off as no longer in it to defend their title with the graduation / loss of six key players from last year's championship team. Now they are in the Final 4 and playing off for the right to return to the Finals and defend their title. UST practically came from out of nowhere this season behind the sterling play of Marichu Bacaro, the speed demon Ilongga who was already in the varsity dorm of Ateneo for a couple of weeks in the summer. Ironically (tragically for the Blue and White faithful...) she has played her best games against the team she was supposed to play for this season. FEU was a strong team and considered a Finalist because of their offseason triumphs, most notably the Fr Martin Summer League. But they've been had by Ateneo in the first round and got creamed by UST as well. UP had an erratic first round but found quite a groove in the second round, capping their elims by depriving FEU of an outright Number 1 seeding.

Adamson has been the biggest mystery this season. The Lady Falcons, in spite of an admittedly shorthanded lineup compared to seasons past, still had two of the best players in the league regardless of position in Merenciana Arayi and Jeng Ravago, plus a host of talented comers. But they were as up and down as a roller coaster and looked all too mortal against teams they used to simply pick apart before. No one feared Adamson anymore this season and it showed in the way other teams simply took it to the Lady Falcons and dared them to put up or shut up. UST shut them up right quick on the last day of the elims.

In the Final 4 it is UST that now enjoys the mantle of invincibility. UP however is a dangerous foe with a perimeter game that can offset the athleticism of Bacaro and Rem Buenacosa. Gaby Marco and Sai Sadora are an underrated and unassuming 1-2 punch who can provide scoring as needed, while Silvana Marasigan is the best center not wearing a blue uniform. FEU and Ateneo will be fighting it out in yet another Final 4 scenario that must have the Lady Tams restless and listless, as Ateneo has made a habit of beating FEU in semifinal and/or knockout scenarios. All told the women's tournament is shaping up into an even bigger drama than the boys and men.

And to think none of these kids has a PBA playing career to look forward to...

Now THAT is hardcore!

peterstrauss
09-11-2006, 05:38 PM
SCHEDULE OF THE FIRST SEMI-FINAL GAME:* September 14, 2006
venue:* ULTRA

11:30 am UST vs UP
2:00 pm* ADMU vs FEU

UAO will sell ringside tickets only: price @ 150.00

a friend said it is better to call UAO and have your name listed (as long as you are sure you will buy the ticket).* this way, they know how many tickets to get from the host

gameface_one
09-12-2006, 08:41 AM
Lady Tams take No. 2 seed on Borja heroics

The Philippine Star 09/12/2006

Chovi Borja sank in an off-balanced jumper with 2.8 seconds left to lift Far Eastern U (FEU) past defending champion Ateneo, 49-48, giving the Lady Tamaraws the No. 2 seeding in UAAP Season 69 women’s basketball Final Four action and the "twice-to-beat" privilege that goes with it.

The Lady Tamaraws and the Lady Eagles, who took the No. 3 spot in the semifinals, meet again at 12 noon Thursday at the PhilSports Arena at the start of the penultimate phase of the competition.

The other women’s basketball Final Four match between topnotcher University of Santo Tomas and No. 4 University of the Philippines is set for 10 a.m.

Also on Thursday at 2 p.m., Adamson and UP square off in the juniors division step-ladder phase with the winner advancing against No. 2 FEU, owner of a twice to beat advantage, for the right to face Ateneo, which waits comfortably in the best-of-three finals after a 12-game sweep of the eliminations.

The playoff match that would determine the No. 3 and No. 4 positions in seniors action between Adamson and UST will also be played Thursday at the PhilSports at 4 p.m.

Borja finished with 14 points and seven rebounds in leading the Lady Tarnaraws, who trailed by as many as 14 points before launching the comeback in the homestretch. Cheryl Ngo scored 11 points, while Gassy Tioseco had nine points and 17 rebounds and Treena Limgengco had nine markers for the Lady Eagles.

5FootCarrot
09-12-2006, 01:22 PM
SCHEDULE OF THE FIRST SEMI-FINAL GAME:* September 14, 2006
venue:* ULTRA

2:00 pm* ADMU vs FEU

According to Mr. Dalandan, the Lady Eagles' game vs. the Lady Tams is still scheduled for 11:30 AM.

BigBlue
09-12-2006, 02:09 PM
Borja finished with 14 points and seven rebounds in leading the Lady Tarnaraws, who trailed by as many as 14 points before launching the comeback in the homestretch. Cheryl Ngo scored 11 points, while Gassy Tioseco had nine points and 17 rebounds and Treena Limgengco had nine markers for the Lady Eagles.

Gassy??? I wouldnt want to sit beside anyone called Gassy.

5FootCarrot
09-12-2006, 02:58 PM
Me neither, BigBlue, but I bet someone like that would be great to have on your team to, er, blow the defenders away ;D

(No disrespect to Cassy, we're just playing around with the typo!)

Mateen Cleaves
09-12-2006, 04:07 PM
SCHEDULE OF THE FIRST SEMI-FINAL GAME: September 14, 2006
venue: ULTRA

2:00 pm ADMU vs FEU

According to Mr. Dalandan, the Lady Eagles' game vs. the Lady Tams is still scheduled for 11:30 AM.

The UST-UP game is scheduled to tip-off at 10 AM. Looks like they scheduled the 2 PM TV game for the Juniors Division.

Joescoundrel
09-14-2006, 07:28 PM
Ateneo and UP live to fight another day. Heck, they've forced the favored teams against the freakin' wall. Ateneo has a history of playing its best in must-win situations, and FEU has been on the wrong end of these games the past couple of years. UP for it's part seems to have peaked at just the right time, disposing of Adamson and now upsetting the heavily favored UST Tigresses. All told this is going to make for a very interesting scenario going into Final 4 Weekend. Wouldn't it be grand if Ateneo and UP met in the women's basketball finals? I'd like to see that.

jancarlo
09-14-2006, 07:33 PM
^That might be the first in UAAP history. Hehe.

peterstrauss
09-15-2006, 10:03 AM
2nd game of the semis is this sunday @ araneta

# 1 vs # 4 8:00 am
# 2 vs # 3 10:00 am

thus, we have two games to watch this sunday - the lady eagles @ 10:00 am & the senior's game @ 2:00 pm

bluebruiser90
09-15-2006, 07:54 PM
Di ba 3 or 4 years ng nag final four lahat ng teams ng Ateneo? Pero ito nga lang siguro ang time na lahat ng teams natin puwedeng mag champion.* A ngayong lang yata nangyari na nagkasabay sabay na nag No.1 sa standings ang lahat ng teams ng Ateneo.

Howard the Duck
09-15-2006, 10:46 PM
UST is leaning on a one-girl wrecking crew...
ADMU seems really balanced
FEU wants to win
UP intends to crash the party.

Too bad this is not televised :p

Wang-Bu
09-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Matindi ang bitaw ni Neris Noscal, pinapanalo niyang UST kahapon kontra FEU. Mukhang uuwing malungkot ang Lady Tams. Sayang, mas magaganda pa mandin sila...

israeli
09-30-2006, 08:33 PM
the UST Tigresses won over the FEU Lady Tamaraws, 67-59, to win this year's Ladies' Basketball Championship Title. :)