PDA

View Full Version : "Now, where have I seen that last name before?"

kaybee07
07-17-2006, 12:01 PM
Here are our Falcons who have famous last names:

Marc Agustin - son of PBA/MBA's Ato

Danru Gonzalgo - son of PBA's Dante

Patrick Cabahug - nephew of PBA's Elmer ("Boy")

Roel Hugnatan - younger brother of MBA/PBA's Reynel

5FootCarrot
07-17-2006, 05:09 PM
Cool. :) Sorry I'm not familiar with where the fathers/uncles/brothers went to college, but are any of them Adamson alumni, too? I think it would be interesting to know about these "family traditions." :)

pio_valenz
07-17-2006, 05:37 PM
Carrot, no I don't think any of the first-gen went to Adamson. AFAIK, Boy Cabahug played in Cebu. Not sure about the other three but I'm pretty sure none of them played for the Falcons.

kaybee07
07-17-2006, 07:46 PM
Pio_valenz is right...

Unfortunately none of the first-gen guys are former Falcons. However there are still other notable Adamson alumni ballers including Hector Calma (from the '77 UAAP champion team), Marlou Aquino, Kenneth Duremdes, EJ Feihl, Gherome Ejercito, Eddie Laure, Dennis Madrid, John Ferriols (for one semester), and Coach Louie Alas.

AnthonyServinio
07-18-2006, 01:04 AM
Cool. :) Sorry I'm not familiar with where the fathers/uncles/brothers went to college, but are any of them Adamson alumni, too? I think it would be interesting to know about these "family traditions." :)
Ato Agustin - Lyceum of the Philippines

Dante Gonzalgo - Mapua Tech

Elmer Cabahug - University of the Visayas

Reynel Hugnatan - University of Manila

5FootCarrot
07-18-2006, 08:17 AM
Pio_valenz is right...

Unfortunately none of the first-gen guys are former Falcons. However there are still other notable Adamson alumni ballers including Hector Calma (from the '77 UAAP champion team), Marlou Aquino, Kenneth Duremdes, EJ Feihl, Gherome Ejercito, Eddie Laure, Dennis Madrid, John Ferriols (for one semester), and Coach Louie Alas.

I see. :) Well, maybe there will be 2nd gen Falcons someday!

Thanks everyone for answering my totally random question!

cub
07-18-2006, 09:36 AM
bakit kasama si roel hugnatan? di ba kapatid lang siya ni reynel?
dba pag sinabing 2ng generation, anak or nephew? :P

LION
07-18-2006, 11:05 AM
Pio_valenz is right...

How about Ken Bono, Jr.??????

5FootCarrot
07-18-2006, 01:33 PM
Oo nga pala. Hmm, maybe kaybee can edit the thread title so that all family connections are covered? :) Parang maganda yung "ADDAMSon FAMILY VALUES" ;D (just a spoof on the movie title, don't kill me!)

MonL
07-18-2006, 02:02 PM
Pio_valenz is right...

How about Ken Bono, Jr.??????

Gusto nyo nanaman bang masaraduhan ng thread?*

(Scampers away at full speed afterward........ >>>= beowwwwww!!!! =>) *;D

kaybee07
07-18-2006, 08:46 PM
Oo nga pala. Hmm, maybe kaybee can edit the thread title so that all family connections are covered? :) Parang maganda yung "ADDAMSon FAMILY VALUES" ;D (just a spoof on the movie title, don't kill me!)

Nice pun, Carrot... :D

But yeah, you're right, medyo malabo yung subject ng thread. I just thought it would be less awkward than "Famous Last Names Seen the 2nd Time Around at the Falcons' Bench"

And before I forget, there's also Mico Pacheco, who is the youngest brother of MBA's Cisco and NCAA's JP (and brother-in-law to ABS-CBN's Marieton...).

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

kaybee07
07-18-2006, 09:20 PM
What do you think, guys? Makes sense na ba? ???

5FootCarrot
07-19-2006, 08:09 AM
Great new title, kaybee :) (And I just realized that this thread could also have been called "Sounds Family," heeheehee...)

Anyway, just so I'm not off-topic, that's interesting info on Pacheco. I went to high school with Marieton, but we were never classmates. :)

LION
07-19-2006, 08:47 AM
Uhmmm kaybee, is your name a variation of KB, as in Ken Bono? Tugmang tugma sa title ng thread. Sorry I just have to ask.

Kid Cubao
07-19-2006, 09:00 AM
baka variation din yan ng kobe bryant and his adidas shoe called KB8.

AnthonyServinio
07-19-2006, 09:31 PM
THE daughters of former PBA enforcer Harmon Codinera are members of the Adamson Lady Falcons for UAAP 69. They are also the granddaughters of Adamson Baseball coach Filomeno Codinera.

kaybee07
07-22-2006, 09:12 AM
* * *THE daughters of former PBA enforcer Harmon Codinera are members of the Adamson Lady Falcons for UAAP 69.* They are also the granddaughters of Adamson Baseball coach Filomeno Codinera.

Hi Anthony..

I think only one of the two girls made it to team A this year. I have to confirm with Bernie Rances from Athletics. I'll also try to get their names for the benefit of our fellow posters.

Thanks for the trivia!

McCoy
07-04-2011, 08:00 PM
Carrot, no I don't think any of the first-gen went to Adamson. AFAIK, Boy Cabahug played in Cebu. Not sure about the other three but I'm pretty sure none of them played for the Falcons.

Ato Agustin (one time PBA MVP) and Dante Gonzalgo played for Lyceum of the Philippine Pirates, NCAA guest team while Reynell Hugnatan played for Univeristy of Manila Hawks.