PDA

View Full Version : MISSION: UCAA THREE PEAT

The General
07-10-2006, 11:19 PM
UCAA 5th Season will commence on August 12, 2006 at the ULTRA.

EAC Generals will try to defend its title.

A new player will emerge from the south....... hes coming soon.......the EAC Generals will get a new reinforcement to carry its mission for 3 sraight UCAA championships.....watch out for more info....

GO GENERALS!

Out_Of_The_Blue
07-11-2006, 10:25 PM
General, how competitive is the UCAA? Who are the main contenders for the crown?

The General
07-16-2006, 12:58 AM
General, how competitive is the UCAA? Who are the main contenders for the crown?

teams involved are ertswhile championship contender SFACS,PSBA, DLSU Dasma, ACSAT, Olivarez college, NCBA... the first two seasons was dominated by SFACS. EAC annexed the 3rd and 4th season.....

chinky_06
07-16-2006, 02:18 PM
when is the start of teh UCAA? and can we get updates here?

The General
07-22-2006, 12:08 AM
when is the start of teh UCAA? and can we get updates here?

updates on the UCAA will be featured here.... the UCAA will have its on message board. gameface will also link up with the UCAA website to be provided by gameface....

Mhel_Garrido
07-24-2006, 12:39 PM
Good Luck to the EAC Generals. The three-peat will most probably be just a walk in the park for the Generals.
They are battle ready and rarin to go. I think they will just go through the motions this season.
To Coach Isla, order mo na yung champagne! Hehehe ;D Hope your team does well!

The General
07-26-2006, 11:51 AM
Thanks to Mhel for your forecast..... we will just have to work harder than before and prepare much better last season to reach our goal for three straight!

kudos to the STI for winning its first game vs. UM in the NAASCU in a heartstopping buzzer beater lay-up of Jun Perez.....

;D

AnthonyServinio
07-26-2006, 08:34 PM
Eh talagang llamado na yung EAC kasi lumipat sa STI yung apat na magaling na player ng La Salle-Dasma na si Junatas, Porto, Rosales at Macalma!* *:D ::)

reyn
07-30-2006, 12:59 AM
aww. to bad i can't watch anymore.
i'll just be waiting for your updates here!

let's go generals! :D

The General
08-06-2006, 04:51 PM
aww. to bad i can't watch anymore.
i'll just be waiting for your updates here!

let's go generals!* :D

reyn,

thanks for your post... by the way nasa abroad ka ba? ingat! ::)

The General
08-06-2006, 04:54 PM
Lets give it up to our newest General!!!!

YESTER DACULAN

from the Cebu City, now joined the EAC Generals to strengthen the point guard slot.
he is 21 years old from University of Cebu.

for more info about the EAC Generals we will linked up our team profile soon in Gameface....

Sam Miguel
08-08-2006, 06:21 PM
How about the lineup complete with height and position General?

The General
08-08-2006, 08:50 PM
How about the lineup complete with height and position General?

::)THE EAC MARCHING GENERALS :o

Mark Anzures Forward/Center 6'2
Karlo Castillo Point Guard 5'10"
Lowell Yaya Forward/Center 6'3"
Argel Mendoza Point Guard 5'10"
Ron Jason Buenafe Off Guard 6'1"
Alain Musni Center 6'5"
Jaime Manansala Jr. Off Guard 5'11"
John Valderama Off Guard 5'11"
Gester Ebuen Guard/Forward 6'3"
Michael Baybay Forward 6'2"
Raymond Pasaol Off Guard 5'11"
Nichole Hubalde Off Guard 6'0"
Nino Lapuz Forward/Center 6'3"
Yester Daculan Point Guard 6'0"
Ferdinand Melocoton Shooting Guard 6'1"

The General
08-08-2006, 08:56 PM
???UPDATE ON THE UCAA OPENING :o

Opening game will be set on August 12, 2006 (Sat.) 10 am at the Fully Airconditioned San Andres Complex

Games

ACSAT vs. PSBA 12:00 noon
EAC vs. SFACS 1:30 pm

TV Covered by NBN Channel 4 Schedule of broadcast to be announced......

Teams involved

ACSAT Host School
EAC Manila
DLSU-Dasma
Olivarez College
PSBA QC
SFACS

Sam Miguel
08-10-2006, 07:36 PM
General where is Jeff Lapitan? Has he graduated already?

The General
08-10-2006, 08:17 PM
General where is Jeff Lapitan? Has he graduated already?

jeff lapitan is still with us and serving his residency for the ucaa and ncraa. he will be playing in the HAIL tournament in the 2nd semester.

he still has 2 playing years for EAC.

The General
08-13-2006, 04:41 PM
GENERALS SHOT DOWN THE DOVES 76-74

Schedule on August 18, 2006 (Friday) @ EAC Sports Center

DLSU-D vs. SFACS * * 9am
PSBA vs. OC * * * * * 10:30 am
EAC vs. ACSAT * * * *12:00 noon

EAC Generals stepped on the gas early in the 1st half to commanding lead of 17 points until they sputter in the last few minutes of the 2nd quarters with the SFAC Doves inching in to a 7 point margin.

In the 3rd quarter, the Doves stayed in the game with EAC only led by 5 to 7 points. With 4 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter, the Doves finally tasted its first lead by 2 points. The Generals overcame pressure and shot down the Doves at the end of regulation.

John Valderama steady plays kept the Generals at bay. The defending champions will have to play better defense in the coming games. Gester Ebuen and RJ Buenafe spearheaded its offensive might. However, Ebuen will be the main factor here, only if he improves his defense and recognition of a real transition offense.

Prized Cebu Recruit Yester Daculan and Youngest Rookie Point Guard Argel Mendoza has contributed well for the Generals.

SFACS Coach Gabby Velasco will definitely go back to his drawing board to finally notch a win after several years versus his nemesis Coach Nomar Isla. Coach Isla was not happy about the win with his team losing a double digit lead early in the 1st half. "I dont think we played smart basketball. We didnt play as a team. My boys kept on complaining and lost their focus until we got technical fouls. John (# 12 Guard Valderama)was there for us in crunch time.I hope we can solve this soon before the rest of the teams exploit this." said the master tactician Isla.

Meanwhile, ACSAT Lightnings lodged its opening game versus PSBA Jaguars 97-87.

The UCAA Opening games will be televised on Channel 13.

bigfreeze_bibby
08-14-2006, 03:52 PM
Do you have the telecast schedules General? I hope you can post them here. Thanks. It's also good to know that the sweet shooting Melocoton is back.

The General
08-15-2006, 11:01 PM
Do you have the telecast schedules General? I hope you can post them here. Thanks. It's also good to know that the sweet shooting Melocoton is back.

the tv coverage of the opening is still to be announced. we will post the schedule of the telecast. bong is back for this season. this is actually his last UCAA. ::)

AnthonyServinio
08-19-2006, 11:36 PM
Lets give it up to our newest General!!!!

YESTER DACULAN

from the Cebu City, now joined the EAC Generals to strengthen the point guard slot.
he is 21 years old from University of Cebu.

for more info about the EAC Generals we will linked up our team profile soon in Gameface....
Yester Daculan is from the University of San Carlos, not the University of Cebu.

whiplash
09-23-2006, 05:33 AM
how did daculan do in the championship series?

The General
09-26-2006, 04:47 PM
yester daculan played back up point guard to karlo castillo.... he played quality minutes and scored 5 points. he will soon gain more confidence as he plays more games for the generals......

watch him play in the champions league at channel 35 solar sports on oct 5 4pm!

Joescoundrel
09-26-2006, 05:56 PM
Musngi, Ebuen, Daculan, Melocoton, Mendoza, Buenafe, Lapuz, Hubalde.

That's a solid core to have.

If they ever get Jeff Lapitan on the regular lineup they'll be golden.

There's a young fellow named "Leomer", he used to be Lapitan's teammate in SFACS Laguna. Perhaps EAC can do something about reuniting the two. However, I was told this Leomar kid was literally "signed up" by SFACS with some kind of contract. I admit I've never seen the "contract", but what the heck is that all about? College players are now signed up to contracts? Is EAC doing anything of this sort, General?

The General
09-27-2006, 02:51 PM
Musngi, Ebuen, Daculan, Melocoton, Mendoza, Buenafe, Lapuz, Hubalde.

That's a solid core to have.

If they ever get Jeff Lapitan on the regular lineup they'll be golden.

There's a young fellow named "Leomer", he used to be Lapitan's teammate in SFACS Laguna. Perhaps EAC can do something about reuniting the two. However, I was told this Leomar kid was literally "signed up" by SFACS with some kind of contract. I admit I've never seen the "contract", but what the heck is that all about? College players are now signed up to contracts? Is EAC doing anything of this sort, General?

is leomer last name losentes?? if he's the one.... leomer has been playing for sfac for quite some time now, i think 3 years...he is indeed a devil of a player... in game two of the UCAA championship, leomer didnt give up till the last second, answering our three pointers with his own in less than a minute. contracts are a normal thing in collegiate. to protect the interest of the school and the basketball program recruitment, parents and athletes are asked to sign a waiver, that should any athletes decides to continue his playing and studies in another school, the parents will have to reimburse scholarships granted to the athlete.

are you related to leomer or sfac in particular???

about jeff lapitan still needs to work on his moves and of course maintain his playing weight.....

watch out for the new jeff lapitan, faster and beefier....

Joescoundrel
09-29-2006, 02:55 PM
General, I have friends from Barangay Maahas in Los Banos, hometown of Jeff Lapitan. I sometimes buy stuff from his parents' store. But Jeff and I don't know each other personally.

Yes, that would be Leomer Losentes. I didn't know the contract thing was a common practise now.

No, I'm not from SFACS, I'm from Ateneo. And I was in EAC Gym a lot over the summer for the FMC Summer League. I saw you guys (with Nino Songco in tow at that) beat the crap out of UP in the upstairs gym, the one with the elevated track oval.

The General
10-01-2006, 05:27 PM
General, I have friends from Barangay Maahas in Los Banos, hometown of Jeff Lapitan. I sometimes buy stuff from his parents' store. But Jeff and I don't know each other personally.

Yes, that would be Leomer Losentes. I didn't know the contract thing was a common practise now.*

No, I'm not from SFACS, I'm from Ateneo. And I was in EAC Gym a lot over the summer for the FMC Summer League. I saw you guys (with Nino Songco in tow at that) beat the crap out of UP in the upstairs gym, the one with the elevated track oval.*

that was last summer..... thanks for joining our message board joescoundrel... thank you!