PDA

View Full Version : Your Ideal Rules and Guidelines in a Hardcore Basketball Game

gameface_one
03-24-2006, 05:02 PM
Forget the FIBA rules. We now empower you to create the rules for a new basketball league which will be called "THE GAMEFACE ULTIMATE HARDCORE BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT."

Let me start by recommending the following:

1. A 4 pt shot from 2 ft away from the 3 pt arc.
2. A dunk is equivalent to 3 pts.
3. Soft chains to replace the ring net.
4. Refs will have no whistles - only shouts and gestures
5. No bands or pep squads will be aloud - just pure heckling, vocal assaults, and face paints
6. Only one uniform design shall be worn by the players - mas mukhang gusgusin, the better! :D
7. The playing court will be concrete instead of wood - pang championship lang ang wood.
8. The barker from the officials' table will just use a mega phone
9. A deliberate and technical foul results to a deduction of 1 pt from the team of the offender plus awarding of ball possession to the other team.

Ano pa? Who wants to join?

toti_mendiola
03-24-2006, 05:30 PM
Forget the FIBA rules. We now empower you to create the rules for a new basketball league which will be called "THE GAMEFACE ULTIMATE HARDCORE BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT."

Let me start by recommending the following:

1. A 4 pt shot from 2 ft away from the 3 pt arc.
2. A dunk is equivalent to 3 pts.
3. Soft chains to replace the ring net.
4. Refs will have no whistles - only shouts and gestures
5. No bands or pep squads will be aloud - just pure heckling, vocal assaults, and face paints
6. Only one uniform design shall be worn by the players - mas mukhang gusgusin, the better! :D
7. The playing court will be concrete instead of wood - pang championship lang ang wood.
8. The barker from the officials' table will just use a mega phone
9. A deliberate and technical foul results to a deduction of 1 pt from the team of the offender plus awarding of ball possession to the other team.

Ano pa? Who wants to join?

How about the players eligibility?
Mas magulang mas okay?

MargaretThrasher
03-25-2006, 08:07 AM
How about the players eligibility?
Mas magulang mas okay?
I think it's fair to institute an age limit (although I understand the "damatands" are excellent prey for hecklers) - but maybe one higher than the UAAP's because many hardcore teams field players *of a certain age* :P . Just do away with the "masteral student" and "X years out of high school" rules. Panggulo lang yan.

full battle gear, if you want the hardcore games to be played on concrete, then maybe the players should all wear rubber slippers? Pang-championship lang ang rubber shoes? ;D

freak
03-27-2006, 12:23 AM
it woudn't be hardcore basketball without the:

NO BLOOD, NO FOUL RULE

would it? ;D ;D ;D

bchoter
03-27-2006, 10:18 AM
No 'round robin' for warm ups. Only 'beck shoot'.

LION
03-27-2006, 10:40 AM
Dapat walang net ang ring. kahoy ang backboard. Chalk at blackboard ang pang iskor.

Prize is just plain ice cold water or coke. Bayad ang talunan.

paralusi
03-27-2006, 12:29 PM
jeff napa should be the courtside reporter.

Agent 008
03-27-2006, 01:02 PM
My suggestion....

3 points ang fastbreak goals. This way mapipiltan mag-hardcore defense ang mga player.

Kid Cubao
03-27-2006, 01:19 PM
aside from those already mentioned, i just like to add how we used to play in cubao. here are the cubao rules:

1. field goals are counted as one point, three pointers are counted as two.

2. games played in two halves of race to ten points. no zone defenses starting in the second half. in case of a 19-19 tie, the first to score two straight points wins.

3. to discourage duty or breakaway fouls, one free throw will be awarded to the one fouled.

4. call your own fouls and violations. however, it is strongly suggested to keep body contacts crisp but clean. those who continue to play like skinflints or "larong nana" are forbidden to run with the big boys until they can toughen up.

4. same old, same old: to keep on playing, your team should keep on winning.

Joescoundrel
05-30-2006, 07:52 PM
Players who have an axe to grind may duke it out AFTER the game with game officials watching. NO helping from teammates. If the teammates get involved they get a tazer to the family jewels. If the one challenged does not accept he will be suspended for one game without pay just for being a wuss.

In case the fisticuffs do ensue the winner of the fight gets to tell the loser to do something silly for their next game i.e. not wear shorts or wear makeup and lipstick. If the loser does not comply he gets suspended for one day without pay for being a sore loser. You win the fight if you knock out the other guy (standard 10-count) or if the other guy wusses out and gives up.

freak
05-31-2006, 11:18 PM
Players who have an axe to grind may duke it out AFTER the game with game officials watching. NO helping from teammates.* If the teammates get involved they get a tazer to the family jewels. If the one challenged does not accept he will be suspended for one game without pay just for being a wuss.

In case the fisticuffs do ensue the winner of the fight gets to tell the loser to do something silly for their next game i.e. not wear shorts or wear makeup and lipstick. If the loser does not comply he gets suspended for one day without pay for being a sore loser. You win the fight if you knock out the other guy (standard 10-count) or if the other guy wusses out and gives up.

heheh i like joe's suggestion.. after basketball.. it's basketBRAWL! let's get it on! ;D ;D

Kid Cubao
06-01-2006, 08:38 AM
the simpler, the better. hardcore rules must be kept to a minimum to ensure full compliance among all protagonists.

gameface_one
06-01-2006, 08:55 AM
We are seriously considering all your suggestions (except Joescoundrel's ;D), in coming up a unique hardcore league.

Keep 'em coming.

5FootCarrot
06-01-2006, 10:36 AM
It's not really a rule, but I always thought it would be funny if the PA system played Homer Simpson going "Woohoo!" after every made basket and "D'oh!" after every missed shot ;D

Back to the topic...how about rules regarding gallery conduct? Pwede bang batuhin ng lumang 2-peso coin ang ref?

toti_mendiola
06-01-2006, 11:19 AM
It's not really a rule, but I always thought it would be funny if the PA system played Homer Simpson going "Woohoo!" after every made basket and "D'oh!" after every missed shot ;D

Back to the topic...how about rules regarding gallery conduct? Pwede bang batuhin ng lumang 2-peso coin ang ref?

Isali na rin natin yung one liner ni Bart na "it wasnt me" sa PA pag me na fo foul.

LION
06-01-2006, 11:36 AM
^ A team is allowed and accepted to pirate the players of the opposing team, even when the game is ongoing.

christian
06-01-2006, 12:50 PM
the court must have grass, para mas feel hardcore, court pole should be pure cement! bagsak kung bagsak :D

Joescoundrel
06-01-2006, 01:39 PM
We are seriously considering all your suggestions (except Joescoundrel's* ;D), in coming up a unique hardcore league.

Keep 'em coming.

Wotta revoltin' development this is!

toti_mendiola
07-06-2006, 04:34 PM
Walang foul counted, same possesion, labas ulit ang bola for the inbound.

Howard the Duck
07-06-2006, 04:41 PM
Free throws from centre court.

oca
07-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Pag binigyan ng technical foul ang coach ng isang team, dapat ang titira ng free throws ay yung coach ng kabilang team. ;D

toti_mendiola
07-06-2006, 05:29 PM
Technical fouls on coaches infractions caused by too much complaining or badmouthing shoud be meted out the penalty of 2 minutes lip zip.

#$%%###$$&

Technical foul Coach *******.

then a 2 min. moment of peace.

LION
07-06-2006, 05:45 PM
Pag binigyan ng technical foul ang coach ng isang team, dapat ang titira ng free throws ay yung coach ng kabilang team.* ;D

Kung ganun, dapat playing coach ang kukunin namin sa team niyahahaha. pwede pa ba si Jawo?

Kid Cubao
07-06-2006, 09:38 PM
malabong magkarun ng technical fouls sa hardcore game. walang kasing referee na pipito ng technical. di talaga maiiwasan na magka-tirahan at magkapikunan na maaring mauwi sa away at gulo, kaya mas mabuting meron kang escape strategy sakaling mauwi sa suntukan at rambol ang laro. minsan nga ini-i-scout mo pa yung mga eskinita at shortcuts na pwede mong takbuhan lalo na kung nagka-habulan. hence it's not necessarily a codified rule, but for those who've actually played before a hostile environment and tempted fate in the process, it pays to be aware where the escape routes are AS A MATTER OF SELF-PRESERVATION. trust me on this* ;D

christian
07-07-2006, 10:01 PM
mga bossing, question lang, if a player goes for a block and gets the ball at the same time, what are the stats? block, rebound or steal?

5FootCarrot
07-08-2006, 07:44 AM
mga bossing, question lang, if a player goes for a block and gets the ball at the same time, what are the stats? block, rebound or steal?
I think this post belongs in the Hardcore Hoops 101 thread.