PDA

View Full Version : Ateneo's Aguilar and Nkemakolam Ineligible?

full battle gear
06-24-2006, 03:04 PM
2 Ateneo cagers also ineligible?
www.manilatimes.net

DE LA SALLE UNIVERSITY will surely want to know more about this.

La Salle’s archrival in the University Athletics Association of the Philippines, Ateneo de Manila University, has also used two ineligible players on its men’s varsity basketball teams in the UAAP’s past two seasons—if “white” documents obtained by Sports Times on Friday are to be believed.

According to the documents, Ateneo’s Japeth Aguilar and Jobe Nkemakolam should not have played for the Blue Eagles in the 2003 and 2004 seasons owing to inconsistencies in their high school records that should have made them ineligible to enroll for college.

Aguilar, who Ateneo recruited in ’03, allegedly was enrolled in two schools that year—Mapua Institute of Technology, where he played for its junior varsity team, and Reedley International School in Pasig City.

Nkemakolam, who was on San Sebastian College’s junior squad and played for the national youth team, signed up with Ateneo without getting clearance from the Department of Education if he could enroll for college even as a Grade 11 student at Reedley, like Aguilar.

However, Ricky Palou, Ateneo’s junior representative to the UAAP board, belittled the damning documents, saying they are part of a demolition job “concocted by those who wanted to destroy the credibility of the school.”

Ateneo was among the UAAP member schools that pressed the league to penalize La Salle for revealing it had used two ineligible players, Mark Benitez and Tim Gatchalian, during successful campaigns in the past two years. The UAAP board eventually suspended the Green Archers for a year, or for this season starting July 8.

full battle gear
06-24-2006, 03:05 PM
2 Eagles ineligible?
www.manilastandardtoday.com
By Peter Atencio

TWO Ateneo junior standouts are in hot water.

Documents obtained by concerned members of the collegiate community showed that center Japeth Aguilar and Jobe Nkemakolam were not supposed to see action in the 67th and 68th seasons of the University Athletic Association of the Philippines men’s basketball tournament.

Their eligibility status were questioned following alleged inconsistencies that were discovered in their high school records at the Reedley International School.

Aguilar, however, will not see action for Ateneo this year. He flew to the United States last summer and reportedly tried to earn a place in a US National Collegiate Athletic Association Division 1 school.

He spent his junior and senior years in 2002 and the first semester of 2003 in Mapua. Then, on the second semester, Aguilar studied at Reedley. The following year (2004), he transferred to Ateneo, where he was asked to play for its juniors squad.

Nkemakolam, on the other hand, was a member of the San Sebastian juniors squad in 2001-2002, and made it to the national youth squad the following year.

The following season, Nkemakolam was placed on the Ateneo collegiate team’s roster, without having entered Grade 12 at Reedley.

The Department of Education had earlier dismissed the actions done by Reedley and Ateneo, and explained that a student must secure a clearance from the department before jumping from Grade 11 to college.

Ateneo juniors representative Ricky Palou, meantime, belittled the allegations, claiming that they were just part of a demolition job.

Palou added that they are more than willing to confront the complainants and answer the questions raised squarely.

Dave the Barbarian
06-24-2006, 03:57 PM
Gentlemen,

My reactions are:

1) Documents have been obtained. Okay!! Where are they!!? Why are they not brought out for verification? No real documents - TSISMIS!! Let the weekend afternoon shows of ABS CBN or GMA handle this.

2) A demolition job!!!! Most probably. There are individuals who have nothing productive to do. So they resort to this kind of writings. Talaga naman UTAK TALANGKA.

3) Why the issues NOW and not before? These two players were power houses and merit attention. Why the supposed suspicion and protest NOW?? Sour Graping???? Naghahanap ng damay???

atenean_blooded
06-24-2006, 11:23 PM
This is an old issue.

Wait a minute, this is not an issue. There's no issue, since Japeth and Jobe have their papers straight.

The only issue is a bunch of self-pitying pigeon-chested oink oinks wanting some company.

kryptonite
06-25-2006, 02:25 AM
Lumang balita na yan. Last year ko pa naririnig yan. Gasgas na yan. Next topic pls.

i-point
06-25-2006, 10:30 AM
Oo nga naman. Bakit ba pinipilit buhayin ang usaping ito, e sa pagkakaalam ko wala ni katiting na ebidensya? Mukhang gustong mandamay ang hindi makalaro sa taong ito a. May natanggap nga akong mga text tungkol dito nitong linggo mula sa mga kaibigan kong Lasalista - yung text ay galing daw sa isang "concerned parent sa Ateneo". Idinudugtong ng text, na puro hearsay naman, yung pag-alis ni Aguilar papuntang U.S. sa kanyang ineligibility; inuunahan na raw ni Aguilar yung posibilidad na mabuko siya. Ang balita ko pa, nilapitan muna ng mga nagkakakat ng ganitong isyu ang mga malalakaing diyaryo (Inquirer, Star, Bulletin), pero walang kumagat. Kaya ayun, yung mga malilit na pahayagan lang ang sumakay dito. Hay naku. Ang nagagawa talaga ng mga panatiko...

Out_Of_The_Blue
06-25-2006, 06:26 PM
Why don't we ask our friends from the green side to file the case in the UAAP board para tapos na? Teka lang, bakit nga ba wala pang nag-file since last yr? Ahhhh.....oo nga pala - tsismis kasi! :D

Kaya nyo naman palang ibigay sa reporters ng dyaryo eh sa UAAP board hindi nyo maibigay. Bakit ba kayo natatakot sa PROPER FORUM?

Ahhhh.....oo nga pala - tsismis kasi! ;) Hindi kaya suportahan.

Ito yata ang dapat talaga sa tsismis thread.

atenean_blooded
06-25-2006, 11:09 PM
Ano isu-submit nila? Printouts ng pagseself-pity sa Archerpride?

kryptonite
06-26-2006, 01:37 AM
Is there a truth to rumors that allegations on Arwind Santos' eligibility will be resurrected? What's the truth on this?

5FootCarrot
06-26-2006, 09:03 AM
Is there a truth to rumors that allegations on Arwind Santos' eligibility will be resurrected? What's the truth on this?
This is the first I've heard about these alleged plans.

In other news (or no-news), I've been checking the Philippine Star's sports pages and note with interest that the Star has not picked up this latest eligibility story despite the fact that it's already appeared in other periodicals. ::)

Kid Cubao
06-26-2006, 09:28 AM
the arwind santos issue has already undergone scrutiny from the UAAP board, and the fact that arwind has over the course of his career won two UAAP titles and picked up two MVP awards means that he has been greenlighted. di na bubuhayin yan, gaya ng macmac issue.

shyboy
06-26-2006, 10:16 PM
Binuhay naman yung MacMac Cardona issue eh. La lang talaga.

5FootCarrot
06-27-2006, 07:53 AM
I recall that Mac Cardona's eligibility was also questioned at the height of the Benitez-Gatchalian controversy last year because there were allegations that other Archers were also ineligible. However, the story eventually died down and it looks like no one is planning to pursue the matter again at this time. (At least, I don't remember seeing anything about Cardona in the online editions of the Star and Inquirer since TnT was eliminated from the ongoing PBA tournament.) I believe that is what Cubao meant in his post.

joelex
08-13-2006, 06:03 AM
coincidence lang naman talaga na aguilar(team A) and nkemkolam( team B) are off ateneo's lineups this year. no connect ito sa sinsabing ineligiblity nilang dalawa.

yungha
08-15-2006, 09:58 AM
coincidence lang naman talaga na aguilar(team A) and nkemkolam( team B) are off ateneo's lineups this year. no connect ito sa sinsabing ineligiblity nilang dalawa.

it's no coincidence. we're deliberately sweeping the 2 players under the rug because they're ineligible to play college ball. we also cut a deal with the other schools that if we no longer field jobe and jap, they won't protest anymore. otherwise, la salle will have us pinned to the wall because they have all the documentary evidence to prove jobe's and jap's ineligibility.

all these maneuverings, by the way, are making a certain "concerned Ateneo parent" very distressed.

pero secret lang natin to ha. wag mong pagkakalat.

freak
08-15-2006, 09:47 PM
Ayan! alam na nila tuloy.. sana thru PM nalang.. ;D

joelex
08-16-2006, 01:12 AM

it's no coincidence. we're deliberately sweeping the 2 players under the rug because they're ineligible to play college ball. we also cut a deal with the other schools that if we no longer field jobe and jap, they won't protest anymore. otherwise, la salle will have us pinned to the wall because they have all the documentary evidence to prove jobe's and jap's ineligibility.

all these maneuverings, by the way, are making a certain "concerned Ateneo parent" very distressed.

wow never knew about it. so what did they violate? is this the same as benitez' case? having limited ateneo sources, i have a hard time having full knowledge of what really is the issue behind their ineligibility. can you explain further? thanks. :)

arjay_g
08-16-2006, 03:05 AM
wahahaha @ yungha and freak. ;D

bluebruiser90
08-16-2006, 06:24 AM
hook, line and sinker...pati yung mangingisda, nilamon....

Out_Of_The_Blue
08-16-2006, 07:45 AM

wow never knew about it. so what did they violate? is this the same as benitez' case? having limited ateneo sources, i have a hard time having full knowledge of what really is the issue behind their ineligibility. can you explain further? thanks.* :)

yungha, bakit mo sinabi? :o

Joelex, pls nakikiusap kami na wag na natin ito i-discuss. Tinatago talaga namin ito. Makikita ng madlang bayan ang kalokohang ginagawa ng ateneo. Promise ha? Stop na. Now na. ;)

jembengzon
08-16-2006, 08:38 AM

wow never knew about it. so what did they violate? is this the same as benitez' case? having limited ateneo sources, i have a hard time having full knowledge of what really is the issue behind their ineligibility. can you explain further? thanks.* :)

yungha, bakit mo sinabi?* :o

Joelex, pls nakikiusap kami na wag na natin ito i-discuss. Tinatago talaga namin ito. Makikita ng madlang bayan ang kalokohang ginagawa ng ateneo. Promise ha? Stop na. Now na.* ;)

fax niyo rin ito sa mga newspaper na dalawa singko, galing rin sa dean's office ;D ;D ;D

back to your regular programming

Jump_Shooter
08-16-2006, 01:08 PM
Maybe I should just lock this thread. After all, it doesn't look like there have been any new developments. I can always re-open it once a new fax, I mean a new development occurs. Whatcha think, guys?

5FootCarrot
08-16-2006, 02:28 PM
JS, I personally think that you can lock this thread already, but I don't know if the others are done playing yet ;D

Jump_Shooter
08-16-2006, 03:06 PM
Okay, I'll give the regular posters here till Friday to discuss this (if there's anything left to discuss), then I'll lock it. The discussion isn't really going anywhere, anyway. If there are any requests to re-open it in light of new developments in the future (although I doubt there will be), just send me a fax, I mean a PM. Salamat!

freak
08-16-2006, 10:00 PM
:oOH NO! :o
.. hanggang Friday nalang tong thread an ito.. kailangan nang makakuha ng copya ng fax messages..
.. tsaka nabura ko na yung text nung concerned parent.. pasend ulit para maisave ko sa sim ko tsaka sa HD ko..
.. one for the books ito! ;D

bluebruiser90
08-17-2006, 07:02 AM
Umamin na ba yung pinanggalingan nung fax?* Baka magtanga tangahan lang yan pag tinanong.*

5FootCarrot
08-17-2006, 08:09 AM
Umamin na ba yung pinanggalingan nung fax? Baka magtanga tangahan lang yan pag tinanong.

:-X ;D ;)

Posterized
08-17-2006, 09:15 AM
Umamin na ba yung pinanggalingan nung fax?* Baka magtanga tangahan lang yan pag tinanong.*

Di naman siguro magtatanga-tangahan, tanga naman kasi talaga ang mga tinatanggap sa 'paaralan' nila.

bluetruck
08-18-2006, 12:07 AM

Di naman siguro magtatanga-tangahan, tanga naman kasi talaga ang mga tinatanggap sa 'paaralan' nila.

di lang yata mukha niya ang tabingi, pati na rin pagiisip.

joelex
08-18-2006, 12:42 PM
;D

Jump_Shooter
08-24-2006, 04:46 PM
Okay, officially this thread has degenerated. Since everyone has had their say, I will now be locking it.