PDA

View Full Version : The Thai Campaign

gameface_one
06-23-2006, 07:30 AM
NBC ready for Thai campaign
mb.com.ph

THE National Basketball Conference (NBC) Selection will go all out to defend its title when it competes in the 10th Crown Prince Cup invitational basketball tournament in Hatyai, Songkha, Thailand on June 26-July 2.

Backed by Spring Cooking Oil, the team will be bannered by NBC’s outstanding players in the ongoing conference.

Five members of the Spring Cooking Oil team of NBC president Nathaniel "Tac’’ Padilla form the core of the team. These are pre-season MVP Marlon Yambao, Mar Reyes, Danny Capobres, Larry Rodriguez and Marvin Ortiguerra.

The other players are Iligan Crusaders’ Marlon Kalaw and Ronnie Matias, Toyota-Iloilo’s Eldrin Senierez and reigning champion Ozamiz Cotta’s Gerry Cavan and Boyet Guerrero.

Spring-Parañaque mentor Efren "Yong’’ Garcia will handle the team together with Iligan’s Jun Longalong and Ozamiz’s Albert Calvo. The other officials are delegation head Tito Palma, Iligan City Sports Coordinator Freddie Siao, team manager,’’ and referee Gil Regio.

"With my team’s (Spring Cooking Oil) recent win in Bahrain, I’m optimistic that we could retain the title in Thailand. The tournament is going to be tougher, but I’m sure the boys would rise to the occasion,’’ said Padilla.

Challenging the Filipinos are the national teams of Thailand, Hong Kong and Singapore, South Korea’s top collegiate team and three club teams from India and Japan.