PDA

View Full Version : UAAP Season 69 Champion

gameface_one
06-11-2006, 08:20 AM
Let's have a poll and assess the pulse of our Gameface members.

john_paul_manahan
07-16-2006, 05:15 AM
Hmmm...

Initial Final 4 cast (since i have seen the 7 teams)

UE - stamping their class... they know their ABCs...
Ateneo - flat, but still won.
FEU - all eyes on Coach Bert. Is it the system? or is it Arwynd and co...
UST - by a slight nudge over UP. (mga tipong 1 game)

Outside looking in...

UP - can the rookies do that consistently?
Adamson - Coach Leo is in for a rude awakening.
NU - minimal expectations, but expect full effort.

kaybee07
07-17-2006, 10:59 AM
I won't go so far as to say that AdU will win it all and emerge as this year's champions, but the Falcons are certainly Final Four contenders this season.

I predict ADMU and UE will slug it out for the championship.

aylin
07-22-2006, 09:42 AM
i hope ateneo gets the tittle this year..i havent seen the other plays..but ive seen UP playd and they really have good players..im looking forward for the next game of Ateneo against UE.. ;D

buko4
08-31-2006, 01:32 AM
The UST GROWLING TIGERS have a good chance of winning the championship. They are a pack of hungry tigers determind to bring back the Championship Trophy to Espana. From the moral support of their bench and injured players down to coach Pido's motivational talks, they have a big chance of making the Final Four and eventually upsetting the Ateneo Blue Eagles or the University of the East Warriors. Also, they have a solid front court with Jervy Cruz manning the middle for them and with the help of Co-Captain Allan Evangelista. The ex-factor for UST is at the Point Guard position. Let's see if Japs Cuan would be able to step-up during crunch time.

GreenArrows
09-01-2006, 03:42 PM
UAAP Season 69 Champion? For me, it's going to be Ateneo simply because the other finalist I see, UE, its players have a mental and psychological 'fear' of Ateneo. In the Finals, I think it will be a sweep for the Blue Eagles.

easter
09-01-2006, 06:27 PM
^kamusta na GreenArrows buti nakarating ka na dito sa Gameface. :)

GreenArrows
09-02-2006, 05:49 AM
Muchas gracias easter. I have long been invited to join gameface but have been deluged with work, which in my industry is very cyclical. Hopefully I could contribute more.

As for the topic at hand, originally, I had expected FEU to crowd both ADMU and UE in the race to the Finals. After leading for most of the game only to lose in OT during their first round game with pre-season favorite UE, I thought that FEU was still a serious contender. But that seemed short lived as FEU lost 3 more games to start their season. As a matter of fact, FEU is playing just at about the same level as UST and the rest. Here is where both ADMU and UE stand out above the rest, with emphasis of ADMU. It is NOT easy to sustain any winning streak. When you are in one, the pressure to win builds exponentially thus adding the burden of extending the streak to what should be a one game at a time attitude.

With the streak finally over, ADMU should easily go back their winning ways. No more burden of keeping any streak going. All they have to concentrate on is NOT the Final Four, NOT the Finals. They should take care of the game at hand and ONLY THAT GAME! This way, their focus is on one and only one game. After the game, they should simply move on to the next opponent and not beyond.

ADMU simply is more consistent in their level of play. So much unlike UE which can play unbeatable basketball one day, then tumble down to a barangay level game the next. ADMU, on the other hand, even when playing badly, has learned to win 8 straight games. At least 4 of their games were decided only in the closing moments of the game. This show the strong character that the team has. Allow me to say that many blue and white teams in the past were competitive till the end wherein their game would suddenly abandon them, like they 'choked'.

But this year's edition has won all but one of their close games. You know, to true die hards of the game, its more gratifying to see your team consistently winning those close ones rather to see your team beat the others by wide margins. Why? Because close games show that your team can win. This season, ADMU has been more consistent and is no longer 'lost' in down the wire games. UE, on the other had, has had see saw games. And, their players, I believe, have a genuine 'fear' of ADMU as a team. Again, my choice, ADMU.

easter
09-02-2006, 07:30 AM
^We'll its still a long time for Ateneo and lots of hard work is ahead. I think the prblem for UE is adjusting from pressure defense and then transistion offense when they eventually get the ball. They put chaos into an opponents offense but when they get the ball, their offensive sets are in shambles as well. Adjustments will be made and we can all expect a tougher final four.

Gil_Andrews
09-03-2006, 09:27 PM
Welcome GreenArrows to Gameface. You finally made it. :)

Joescoundrel
09-14-2006, 09:30 PM
It seems this has been a bad year for defending champions all over amateur hoopdom.

In the UAAP FEU did not even get into the Final 4.

The start of a new era perhaps?

israeli
09-15-2006, 12:02 AM
^ yes. it might be the start of another reign of the UST Growling Tigers, but teams such as the La Salle Green Archers, the Ateneo Blue Eagles and the UP Fighting Maroons could be sharing the limelight with the team from Espaņa-Dapitan-Forbes.

this year's champs? ATENEO BLUE EAGLES.

Howard the Duck
09-15-2006, 05:01 PM
The Royal and Pontifical University of Santo Tomas, The Catholic University of the Philippines Growling Tigers.

Or perhaps next year ;)

bluebruiser90
09-15-2006, 08:14 PM
They'll surely be the favorites next year.

cub
09-15-2006, 09:40 PM
i doubt it. with la salle having an intact line up, mahihirapan sila dun..

israeli
09-16-2006, 12:19 AM
^ but having the Big Four universities of the Philippines (UP, ADMU, DLSU and UST) forming next year's Final Four would be, perhaps, the best development in the UAAP since its foundation, isn't it? :D

Joescoundrel
09-21-2006, 04:17 PM
By the gods, if this isn't one truly astounding season.

Lasalle is suspended for fielding in ineligible players, reducing the league to seven participating teams. Admittedly it was not as exciting without the boys from Taft.

FEU does not even make the Final 4, the first time (to my memory) a defending champion failed to even make the playoffs since the format was instituted.

Ateneo, playing without any clear superstar for the first time in about seven or eight years, is back in the Finals after a regular season fraught with escape acts.

Now UE has suspended its superstar Bon Custodio as a "disciplinary action", after allegations of gamefixing surfaced earlier this week.

Jesus... I'm getting too old for this... I need a drink. Make that three or four. Doubles. 100-proof vodka, no ice, no mix.

mangtsito
09-21-2006, 06:23 PM
Joe, may Isopropyll Alcohol ako dito. Gusto mo? ;D

Congrats sa UST.

Bakbakan na!!

atenean_blooded
09-22-2006, 12:41 AM
By the gods, if this isn't one truly astounding season.

Lasalle is suspended for fielding in ineligible players, reducing the league to seven participating teams. Admittedly it was not as exciting without the boys from Taft.

FEU does not even make the Final 4, the first time (to my memory) a defending champion failed to even make the playoffs since the format was instituted.

Ateneo, playing without any clear superstar for the first time in about seven or eight years, is back in the Finals after a regular season fraught with escape acts.

Now UE has suspended its superstar Bon Custodio as a "disciplinary action", after allegations of gamefixing surfaced earlier this week.

Jesus... I'm getting too old for this... I need a drink. Make that three or four. Doubles. 100-proof vodka, no ice, no mix.

Magpa-transfuse ka ng dugo kay atenista_comm. :D

danny
09-22-2006, 03:50 AM
Ateneo!

AnthonyServinio
09-24-2006, 01:03 AM
I HAVE this feeling that 1.9 percent of the Gameface population will suddenly become certified basketball scholars! ;) :D

Posterized
09-24-2006, 08:21 AM
* * *I HAVE this feeling that 1.9 percent of the Gameface population will suddenly become certified basketball scholars!* *;) :D

Anthony, masyado ka yatang nalasing sa tomaan sa San Beda.

Kung gusto mo pa tomoma, imbitado ka sa bonfire namin sa Bel Field.

israeli
09-24-2006, 08:44 PM
Ateneo narrowly won Game 1 of the best-of-three Finals against UST, thanks to that shot by Doug Kramer. hmmmm... i am now starting to think that 2006 will be the Manny Pangilinan year in Philippine basketball. ::)

bluebruiser90
09-24-2006, 10:26 PM
Kaya nga panay ang sigaw ng M-V-P sa games ;D

Coolmanny
09-29-2006, 06:15 PM
fearless forecast, if UST wins one game(saturday), I feel that they will win the championship(monday)

israeli
10-02-2006, 07:27 PM
congratulations to this year's champions, the UST GROWLING TIGERS! :)

jann
10-02-2006, 08:23 PM
ust players are some of the most well-behaved and upright athletes on and off the playing court...if only for that, they deserve this victory...

israeli
10-02-2006, 08:28 PM
^ exactly. aside from that, Pido Jarencio is a good motivator. taga-Ginebra nga siya- NEVER SAY DIE. :D

person
10-02-2006, 08:30 PM
2 percent voted in this poll for ust....im one of the 2 percent.....first one to vote on behalf of ust.....WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

buko4
10-02-2006, 09:00 PM
The UST GROWLING TIGERS have a good chance of winning the championship. They are a pack of hungry tigers determind to bring back the Championship Trophy to Espana. From the moral support of their bench and injured players down to coach Pido's motivational talks, they have a big chance of making the Final Four and eventually upsetting the Ateneo Blue Eagles or the University of the East Warriors. Also, they have a solid front court with Jervy Cruz manning the middle for them and with the help of Co-Captain Allan Evangelista. The ex-factor for UST is at the Point Guard position. Let's see if Japs Cuan would be able to step-up during crunch time.

GO GO GO GO GO USTE :)

Coolmanny
10-02-2006, 09:02 PM
i voted for ateneo, this is one of the very few circumstances that I'm so happy that I was wrong!

VIVA SANTO TOMAS!

mangtsito
10-08-2006, 10:48 AM
^ Hahaha, buti hindi ka pumusta sa Ateneo.

Coolmanny
10-09-2006, 03:19 PM
hindi naman hehe.. but i did bet on UST in game 3, binigyan ko pa nang plus 3 yung officemate ko hehehe but that's one instance na masaya akong natalo

bchoter
10-12-2006, 10:43 PM
^ Same here. Talo din ako kasi plus 5.5 naman. Pag OT automatic talo na ako. Para lang akong nagpainom :D

Coolmanny
10-13-2006, 03:11 PM
masayang painom yun pare! ;D sigurado ako willing ka ring gumastos

Jump_Shooter
11-13-2006, 05:49 PM
This poll is now irrelevant. Locking...