PDA

View Full Version : Mike Burtscher transfer

razor
05-30-2006, 10:08 PM
Hey Bibby, maybe you can provide us with the game skeds of DLSU - which leagues the team is planning to join and their final line-ups. Maybe you could start a new thread about this. Heard that they are joining the next conference of the FMC. Heard also that you have new recruits from NCAA schools. This sure is the perfect time to beef up the team and prepare for next year's UAAP.

Can we expect a press release anytime soon?

LION
05-30-2006, 11:20 PM
^There should be. DLSU should be proud of their latest acquisition.

LION
05-31-2006, 08:24 AM
Stealing: A Unique Solution to a Common Problem
by Dianne Yee

I met a woman who had a foster FAS daughter (age 16). The daughter stole all the time, from everyone in the household. She took CDs from her sibs, costume jewelry from her mom, cash from everyone. The family would discuss "Who Could Have Stolen XYZ" at dinnertime regularly. Everyone knew the 16-year-old was the culprit, but no one wanted to accuse her. Instead, they hoped she'd learn from these family discussions that stealing was wrong and that it hurt the victim.

But she didn't learn and the stealing went on...driving everyone crazy.

Finally, the mom had enough. She took the girl aside and, despite the girl's adament denials of stealing, she told her she *knew* she'd been the one doing the stealing. She told her that if anything further was missing from anyone, she (the 16-year-old) was going to find something of hers missing.

Sure enough, the mom soon discovered her favorite earrings missing. She said nothing, but when the daughter went to school, the mom took her favorite dress, wrapped it in a brown garbage bag, and hid it in the outdoor garbage can.

Within a day, the daughter noticed her dress was missing and she set up a big commotion about it, "Who would take my dress! That was my favorite dress. I worked to earn the money for it. Where could it be? Who would go into my room like that?" Yada, yada, yada.

The mother simply said to her, "It must have gone to where all those other things we're all missing have gone to."

The daughter stopped stealing.

--Dianne Yee

LION
05-31-2006, 09:14 AM
HELP FILE
Stealing

Stealing is unacceptable in a school or classroom and the behaviour requires zero tolerance as it infringes the right of pupils and staff to feel safe.

Children steal for a reason and you need to uncover this to be able to take corrective action. The commonest causes are listed below.

To fulfil a need for attention, - usually only inconsequential things are taken. However I remember one girl who was praised greatly at home for finding her father’s lost pocket-knife. This child was expected to do most of the housework and never received any praise or thanks. She unconsciously associated “missing” items with praise and subsequently developed compulsive stealing at school.

Envy and jealousy: In my experience these are fairly common causes of stealing at school. The behaviour is often caused by seeing someone flaunting some highly desired item. A key feature and indicator of this reason for stealing is that the stolen item is often found quite quickly, and sometimes found damaged or even completely broken.

There may be a need to make others angry or a need for revenge. Feelings of powerlessness drive this passive-aggressive stealing behaviour.

The need for peer acceptance – i.e., to impress peers.

Occasionally they will just steal just because they want it, or they don’t have one and it makes them feel better to hold /have it. (And the opportunity was there).

The reasons behind the stealing of money are legion. I remember one little girl who stole money at school to be able to buy sweets to give-out, so that she would be popular, which would make her parents proud of her.

It must be remembered that the action of stealing can be daring, exciting and it can give them a buzz – it can meet a need for excitement. This must be re-directed.

Sometimes a child will steal because they believe that, “It’s okay to steal if I don’t get caught”. Something they have learned from those around them.

The reasons are many and varied and these must be revealed and understood in order to stop on-going stealing. However, the message that must be clearly given and heard, that there is zero tolerance for stealing.

SCHOOL ETHOS
Establish a POSITIVE ethos in the school. Statement by children, teachers, all school members … “We are a safe school, we respect people and their belongings and nobody takes what is not theirs in our school.” Implying pride in themselves and their school.

This is put into action by establishing a process for things left around, so taking them is not a consideration – rather finding un-owned property requires that a person either give it to a teacher or take it to the lost property box/room.

PREVENTION
RULES: Set ground rules in the school and the classroom about taking, borrowing, damaging others property – individuals and the school community.

FOLLOW THROUGH: Consequent Action must be established along with the rules requiring that children/students return/replace goods, materials etc. plus they are required to do something additional to make amends to that person or the community.

CLASSROOM DISCUSSION: Can be a valuable process for students to consider the implications of stealing, taking, or damaging others’ property – individual or community, and best given through case studies. e.g. Peter found some money on the school ground and popped it into his pocket. Lizzie wanted a pretty scarf she saw everyone admiring on the new girl. She stole one from the shop. They discuss such issues and then state what they have learned from their discussions.

FOLLOW THROUGH WITH CULPRIT
REPARATION – putting right what they have done wrong, plus being required to do something additional for the person to show / make up for their misdeed.

COUNSELLING: In order to prevent the stealing continuing, the perpetrator needs to face the possible reasons for their misbehaviour.

A teacher is able to counsel a student if they enable a child to see what is behind their stealing – but that is only the first part. They need to enable to the child to find another way through acceptable behaviour to achieve that “feeling”, “acceptance” or to teach them the skills to communicate , assert themselves, so they feel better about themselves.

Try...

"Could it be that you want ……?"

"Everyone admires you/ looks up to you/are wary of you / respect you, when you……"

"Is it that people take notice of you only when you ……?"

"Maybe you are angry because ……"

THIS must be followed up with leading the child/student to find for themselves other ways of achieving what they want – e.g. What could you do that would make your teacher, parents etc., notice you and for you to feel proud of your actions, words? Or there may need a family discussion or conference.

AGREEMENT: Either verbal or written to undertake behaviour change. With follow up so the child has ongoing support to achieve the change and to be encouraged and acknowledged for the positive actions they take.

For stealing to stop there must a clear message of zero tolerance for the behaviour. There must be clear rules and consequent actions that are fully understood by all and always held to, so that each child learns to take responsibility for their actions and put right the wrong. There must also be correct counselling to enable the child to meet their needs through positive actions that respect the rights of others.

WHEN THE CULPRIT IS NOT CAUGHT
There are times when people do not own up and it is difficult to discover who the culprit is. In such cases: confront the group / your class with,

The problem - e.g. we have a problem in our class. Money and small articles – state what items are going missing. State that this is not acceptable, “We have always believed in everyone’s right to feel safe in this class and that includes people’s belongings.”

I am angry and upset (whatever you feel), that someone is breaking our trust in each other and some children are upset and hurt and a couple of children had no bus money to get home. This is an unkind act.

I would like your ideas on what we should do about this and how we can stop this happening? (Take everyone’s ideas and write them up for all to see).

Which of these ideas do you think will work? Let’s just cross off those that wouldn’t really work. (You allow them to decide – you also have a say).

Right we agree, we will do …………………

Okay everyone we will meet again in ……days, at the end of the week and see how well we have gone.

Jenny Mackay

shyboy
05-31-2006, 09:32 AM
The reported recruit is free to choose and decide on his own. No "stealing" there. And I never thought San Beda could actually own a person.

Lion, I suggest you go nuts over this somewhere else. And don't forget to give our regards to Mike Galinato. :)

LION
05-31-2006, 09:37 AM
Sure. I will tell him that the green nuts are missing him.

toti_mendiola
05-31-2006, 11:26 AM
Freedom of choice or persuasion by concession, which is more likely?

Be that as it may, i would always hold on to the principle that there are things that money cant buy.

Mike Galinato was cut by DLSU for academic reasons while Mike B. is in our line up when DLSU made an offer that is just to tempting to pass. Mike is doing well in academics and in practices, he embraced the Benedictine lifestyle which is ora et labora, and we can see him get a Bedan diploma. For now he is currently in Cebu, i will tell him that you said Hi!
P.S.
If Mike B. finally decides to stay at DLSU, i hope that your school could instill in him the value of education so that he can get his diploma and halt a grand slam tradition of DLSU athletes not finishing school.

bigfreeze_bibby
05-31-2006, 01:20 PM
Eto na nga ba sinasabi ko eh. I just posted this at Archerpride.com (the case of never-ending parinigan and accusations of "agawan-recruit" etc) and MonL posted that may blessing ito ni coach Koy. The news is that Mike Burtscher is planning to transfer to La Salle. I can't confirm it kung totoo nga ito or hindi since nakita ko lang ang balita sa archerpride.com this morning.

If this thread goes out of control at mauwi lang sa bashing ng San Beda't La Salle, I'll close this thread so itigil nyo na ito dito pa lang.

MonL
05-31-2006, 01:55 PM
Eto na nga ba sinasabi ko eh. I just posted this at Archerpride.com (the case of never-ending parinigan and accusations of "agawan-recruit" etc)* and MonL posted that may blessing ito ni coach Koy. The news is that Mike Burtscher is planning to transfer to La Salle. I can't confirm it kung totoo nga ito or hindi since nakita ko lang ang balita sa archerpride.com this morning.

If this thread goes out of control at mauwi lang sa bashing ng San Beda't La Salle, I'll close this thread so itigil nyo na ito dito pa lang.

Bib,

Just to set it straight, my words there was that Koy gave him absolute freedom to decide. That's a whole lot of difference between telling him to choose where to go and telling him to go there with your blessing.

As of now the kid's still undecided as far as I know, and he's been given time to think about his options. That's as far as I will go in this forum for now.

bigfreeze_bibby
05-31-2006, 02:16 PM
Let's just wish him the best kung saan man siya mapunta. Ayoko lang makita na magiging bashing thread ito. You know guys what I am trying to say na mauwi na naman ito sa ungkatan ng mga previous recruits who played for respective schools. Thanks for clarifying your idea. I just stated what I understood from your post.

LION
05-31-2006, 02:51 PM
Pare no one wants to bash. You are just looking at the reaction. Take a look at the cause. Marami na kayong kasalanan sa UAAP at NCAA.

Kung mauwi man sa ungkatan ito, dahil na rin sa mga maling gawain niyo. Stop corrupting people.

bigfreeze_bibby
05-31-2006, 03:03 PM
Kasalanan sa NCAA???? Ibang anggulo na ata ito ah. Okay, sana Burtscher stays with Beda para wala nang usapan pa. It's been automatic that lahat na lang ng lumilipat sa amin e parang may price tag hanging at their backs. I just don't know with this misconception believed by ages. Pag ibang iskwela ang nakakuha ng recruit, okay lang but then pag sa min na napunta, ang daming usapan, ang daming satsat at violent reactions, may connotation pa na the mind of the kid/player was corrupted and so on why the player decided to transfer to La Salle.

Etong accusations na ito ang ikinakaba ko when this news came out, that most of the Bedans will react na we corrupted Burtscher's mind to transfer to La Salle, na keso baka binili namin si Burtscher and others na puede nyo pa sabihin. These are the common reactions and accusations that people want to believe and perceive about us when someone transfers or has been recruited in our turf.

As to our case, when someone wants to leave the team or even the school, okay lang then go kung saan sa tingin nung bata na mas mag-eexcel siya as a player. Di ba puedeng pag may na-recruit ang isang school, e tapos na kaagad ang usapan na yung bata wants to play for his preferred school of choice?

It seems that para kayong DLSU insider knowing every bit of the detail of the recruitment process. Kung sabi-sabi lang ang lahat at narinig nyo lang from iba then it is not credible enough to put certain accusations to us.

shyboy
05-31-2006, 03:12 PM
Freedom of choice or persuasion by concession, which is more likely?*

Be that as it may, i would always hold on to the principle that there are things that money cant buy.

Mike Galinato was cut by DLSU for academic reasons while Mike B. is in our line up when* DLSU made an offer that is just to tempting to pass. Mike is doing well in academics and in practices, he embraced the Benedictine lifestyle which is ora et labora, and we can see him get a Bedan diploma. For now he is currently in Cebu, i will tell him that you said Hi!
P.S.
If Mike B. finally decides to stay at DLSU, i hope that your school could instill in him the value of education so that he can get his diploma and halt a grand slam tradition of DLSU athletes not finishing school.

Anyone in La Salle will earn a degree if they try and work on it. *Mike Galinato knows that and this Mike B will find that out as well.

LION
05-31-2006, 03:21 PM
Kasalanan sa NCAA???? Ibang anggulo na ata ito ah. Okay, sana Burtscher stays with Beda para wala nang usapan pa. It's been automatic that lahat na lang ng lumilipat sa amin e parang may price tag hanging at their backs. I just don't know with this misconception believed by ages. Pag ibang iskwela ang nakakuha ng recruit, okay lang but then pag sa min na napunta, ang daming usapan, ang daming satsat at violent reactions, may connotation pa na the mind of the kid/player was corrupted and so on why the player decided to transfer to La Salle.

Etong accusations na ito ang ikinakaba ko when this news came out, that most of the Bedans will react na we corrupted Burtscher's mind to transfer to La Salle, na keso baka binili namin si Burtscher and others na puede nyo pa sabihin. These are the common reactions and accusations that people want to believe and perceive about us when someone transfers or has been recruited in our turf.

As to our case, when someone wants to leave the team or even the school, okay lang then go kung saan sa tingin nung bata na mas mag-eexcel siya as a player. Di ba puedeng pag may na-recruit ang isang school, e tapos na kaagad ang usapan na yung bata wants to play for his preferred school of choice?

It seems that para kayong DLSU insider knowing every bit of the detail of the recruitment process. Kung sabi-sabi lang ang lahat at narinig nyo lang from iba then it is not credible enough to put certain accusations to us.

Pare obviously you don't know what was offered to Mike Burtscher. We know the story. Straight from Mike B. He wanted us to make a counter-offer, or at least match that offer.

Of course, your school did not make any offer to Burtscher. The "contractuals" did. We all know this. You can't pretend that You don't know this. Your "contractuals" offered something to Burtscher to get him, knowing fully well that he was part of our team.

bigfreeze_bibby
05-31-2006, 03:40 PM
I honestly really don't know the offer made to Mike (kahit patayin nyo pa ko at this moment) and if ever meron ngang offer talaga that was made, mga alumni na ang gumagawa nyan which is hindi paswelduhan ng school so walang control ang school dyan sa issue na yan. So kung magagalit man kayo, it should be on the alumni who's taking care of the players and not the school itself.

LION
05-31-2006, 03:58 PM
What I meant is that you know this practice. It has been going on as you admitted.

I have already recommended that Burtscher be thrown out of the den. The team management can always ignore my recommendation. But whatever is the decision of Mike, he is no longer welcome there. He crossed the line and made himself a mercenary. If it is true that he has not decided yet, we will make things easy for him. I know for a fact that right now he is being contacted to tell him to pack up his bags and leave.

I hope that you give him a big welcome and take care of him. He is by nature a good kid. Medyo naligaw lang. Pakisabi sa mga "contractuals" ninyo na alagaan siya kahit di na pwedeng maglaro ng basketball at hindi na mapapakinabangan.

Fried Green Tomato
05-31-2006, 04:30 PM
In an idealistic world, instilling loyalty is always the ideal answer - no amount of persuassion or earthly inducement would make anyone abandon his kind if loyalty is inculcated to the individual.

But in the real world, it's always a personal decision of the individual. Learn to respect the decision he made... afterall, he is the one who's going to live with the consequence of his action - be it good or bad.

However, learn to protect your own. But if that fails also after you have done your part then do no regret anything. It's just going to make you bitter - - - move on.

No one could take away or steal anyone unless he wanted it to happen.

LION
05-31-2006, 04:37 PM
^* So what is your world?* It's ok to corrupt people because it's going to be the fault of the corrupted and not the corruptor?

MonL
05-31-2006, 05:08 PM
In an idealistic world, instilling loyalty is always the ideal answer - no amount of persuassion or earthly inducement would make anyone abandon his kind if loyalty is inculcated to the individual.

But in the real world, it's always a personal decision of the individual. Learn to respect the decision he made... afterall, he is the one who's going to live with the consequence of his action - be it good or bad.

However, learn to protect your own. But if that fails also after you have done your part then do no regret anything. It's just going to make you bitter - - -* move on.

If you were an impartial commentator, I would accept your argument. But you aren't impartial. Your side would benefit from his decision to move. Your side instigated that move. With the means at your side's disposal.
Your side induced him to move. If it was a purely idealistic individual decision on his part, gladly, we'll let him go. But it's not. So reluctantly, we'll let him go. Saddened by this development.

Did Al Capone's victims want to be victimized?

Fried Green Tomato
05-31-2006, 05:13 PM
If a system is weak then it follows that everything that falls within its scope is susceptible of being corrupted.
If your foundation is weak then it is subject to falling apart... your own kind abandoning even your own ideals. And if that happens, don't look on others for your failure... contemplate on where you have gone wrong.

LION
05-31-2006, 05:23 PM
^ I thought that corruption, even in government, could only be explained but never justified. What you said is a reflection of your values and your school.

If the reason for SBC's "weak system" is because we don't corrupt people, then by all means we are weak and you are strong. No contest. You are the winner.

Burtscher did not abandon our ideals for a better ideal. Heck, he does not know your ideals, if any, and he does not give a damn about your ideals. He went to your school because of the money. Stop talking about ideals. You don't know that.

Fried Green Tomato
05-31-2006, 05:37 PM

However, learn to protect your own. But if that fails also after you have done your part then do no regret anything. It's just going to make you bitter - - -* move on.

If you were an impartial commentator, I would accept your argument. But you aren't impartial. Your side would benefit from his decision to move. Your side instigated that move. With the means at your side's disposal.
Your side induced him to move. If it was a purely idealistic individual decision on his part, gladly, we'll let him go. But it's not. So reluctantly, we'll let him go. Saddened by this development.

Did Al Capone's victims want to be victimized?

First, by season 70, we have more than enough tall trees manning our backyard --- good enough until season 73!

It has never been a La Salle's philosophy to acquire a player just for the sake of preventing him going to the other side (other uaap teams). Our recruitment is based primarily on what we need now and the years to come.

Second, contrary to what you are insinuating, we do not have unlimited resources --- we do not even have a team manager right now. We have more than enough monetary constraints right now and we would not waste the little we have now to just one person.

And lastly, check your facts before stating that we induced to player to move. He was not even in our radar screen!

And why did i say that you have to inculcate LOYALTY among your brethren? It's simply because the person who brought this player to La Salle YESTERDAY was your alumnus - A FORMER LION THAT PLAYED IN THE 70's! We did not induce anyone, the player just showed up yesterday along with this famous lion.

As i've said, If your foundation is weak then it is subject to falling apart... your own kind abandoning even your own ideals. And if that happens, don't look on others for your failure... contemplate on where you have gone wrong.

Fried Green Tomato
05-31-2006, 05:43 PM
^ I thought that corruption, even in government, could only be explained but never justified.* What you said is a reflection of your values and your school.*

If the reason for SBC's "weak system" is because we don't corrupt people, then by all means we are weak and you are strong.* No contest. You are the winner.

Burtscher did not abandon our ideals for a better* ideal. Heck, he does not know your ideals, if any, and he does not give a damn about your ideals. He went to your school because of the money. Stop talking about ideals. You don't know that.

Is that how you treat your own? ... he is still a bedan afterall, right? Badmouthing him after he left your institution... you have answered your own question.

toti_mendiola
05-31-2006, 06:00 PM
Freedom of choice or persuasion by concession, which is more likely?*

Mike Galinato was cut by DLSU for academic reasons while Mike B. is in our line up when* DLSU made an offer that is just to tempting to pass. Mike is doing well in academics and in practices, he embraced the Benedictine lifestyle which is ora et labora, and we can see him get a Bedan diploma. For now he is currently in Cebu, i will tell him that you said Hi!
P.S.

Anyone in La Salle will earn a degree if they try and work on it. *Mike Galinato knows that and this Mike B will find that out as well.

Mike G. as i have said in my post is cosiderably making good, as of the last semester, in his academics in San Beda.I have mentioned the problems in academics of your varsity team because it is a recurring pattern that the people who handles your program have neglected the monitoring of *the development of your players in their academic years in college. For example Player A is enrolled for the past three years in DLSU, that is equal to 9 trimesters, but the units he earned or passed accumultates *only to 1 trimester (24 units). This is why i have hope that *Mike B. gets to value the education thru the consideration of advice or monitoring of the people in your sports program. If it so happened that Mike B. wouldnt be able to finish school or get his diploma despite his desire and hard work and end up like some of those varsities of yours, then shame on DLSU. * *

Precisely, because if this is an ideal world, your recruitment practice will be meaningless. There would be no takers.

Decisions arises due to opportunities or predicaments that a person is presented of. *it is true that *Mike B. was presented an opportunity and he grabbed it,It was his decision. I do not question the decision at all. I am just apalled by the manner and the timing when the offer was made. It was plain scheming. Di man lang nag "mawalang galang".

However, learn to protect your own. But if that fails also after you have done your part then do no regret anything. It's just going to make you bitter - - - *move on.
We are protecting our own, that is why we are shielding this kids from the issues of "being a mercenary" and the value of "play for study". If they still leave, we have not failed, we simply stood by for their sake *because the principles we impart our athletes will never be compromised. Our athletes are not for sale, they cannot be bought nor it has a corresponding tag.
We will not regret anything from our part,we have moved on and we are not bitter we will simply hold you responsible for his future.

I cannot fathom the abovementioned.I have the strongest disgust for this kind of thinking " stealing is possible if who you are stealing someone who wanted to be stolen" however *possible is it for anyone to steal something is plain stealing. We could see what each others values one holds.

razor
05-31-2006, 06:19 PM
It's been automatic that lahat na lang ng lumilipat sa amin e parang may price tag hanging at their backs. I just don't know with this misconception believed by ages.

Do you want me to tell you what La Salle's price tag for Mike B's transfer?

Fried Green Tomato
05-31-2006, 06:29 PM
Decisions arises due to opportunities or predicaments that a person is presented of. *it is true that *Mike B. was presented an opportunity and he grabbed it,It was his decision. I do not question the decision at all. I am just apalled by the manner and the timing when the offer was made. It was plain scheming. Di man lang nag "mawalang galang".

There was no opportunity given by DLSU to him. He was brought to La Salle by this bedan alumnus (former lion) and we gave no assurance whatsoever contrary to what the other bedans are alleging. We did not seek him and we just gave the usual courtesy since a former lion brought him to La Salle.

Offer? What offer? Kindly elaborate the offer we made to this guy or else what you have just said is just plain gossip. Let us not indulge into allegations without corroborating facts.

Just for the sake of argument, why should we do a "mawalang galang"? Is he still part of your team? And even if he is still with your team, he was the one who came to La Salle - we did not seek him and we had no idea that he was coming. We are not stepping on anyone... we are just being courteous and accomodated them during the unexpected visit.

But the deeper problem is not with us. This is not the first time that some of your players transferred to other schools - not just in high school but also in college. Maybe, it's time for the bedans to reflect on the real cause of the problem. Don't pass your problems to us, we have more than enough.

Fried Green Tomato
05-31-2006, 06:32 PM
It's been automatic that lahat na lang ng lumilipat sa amin e parang may price tag hanging at their backs. I just don't know with this misconception believed by ages.

Do you want me to tell you what La Salle's price tag for Mike B's transfer?

Please do so. Kindly enlighten us and show us the undisputed facts.

bigfreeze_bibby
05-31-2006, 06:43 PM
razor, sabihin mo na as in ngayon na. We'll wait for your "figures".

shyboy
05-31-2006, 08:28 PM
Mike G. as i have said in my post is cosiderably making good, as of the last semester, in his academics in San Beda.

I'm happy for Galinato that he'll now get a diploma. :)

I have mentioned the problems in academics of your varsity team because it is a recurring pattern that the people who handles your program have neglected the monitoring of *the development of your players in their academic years in college.

To an extent, there may still be room for team management to be aggressive in instilling the value of a college degree. But everything else should all boil down to responsibility of the student/athlete to pursue it. What I am sure of is that a La Salle athlete won't get a passing grade in any of his subjects if he doesn't deserve it. We all know that many basketball players from other schools pass their subjects even without attending a single day in class. I'll leave it up to you to find out if this is also the case in San Beda.

For example Player A is enrolled for the past three years in DLSU, that is equal to 9 trimesters, but the units he earned or passed accumultates *only to 1 trimester (24 units).

Mike Galinato can answer this for you. I suggest you get your facts straight. Ryan Arana already passed 72 units but still, even with his great value to La Salle's basketball team, he was booted out due to excessive failures.

This is why i have hope that *Mike B. gets to value the education thru the consideration of advice or monitoring of the people in your sports program. If it so happened that Mike B. wouldnt be able to finish school or get his diploma despite his desire and hard work and end up like some of those varsities of yours, then shame on DLSU. * *

Don't put the blame on DLSU. It might be wise if you could tell Mike B that he'll get his diploma easier at Mendiola and that San Beda is fully responsible if he doesn't get one.

toti_mendiola
05-31-2006, 10:58 PM
Don't put the blame on DLSU.* It might be wise if you could tell Mike B that he'll get his diploma easier at Mendiola and that San Beda is fully responsible if he doesn't get one.

Just because our athletes finish school and earn their degrees does not make our academic programs less harder than yours, and dont allude that because your athletes cannot earn their diplomas considering the length of their stays as students is because your academic program is harder.

Yes it could have been wise to tell Mike B. that he will earn his diploma in San Beda because he will be guided upon closely but that honor is already not ours it is DLSU's.

christian
05-31-2006, 11:09 PM
Just for the sake of argument, why should we do a "mawalang galang"? Is he still part of your team? And even if he is still with your team, he was the one who came to La Salle - we did not seek him and we had no idea that he was coming. We are not stepping on anyone... we are just being courteous and accomodated them during the unexpected visit.

hehehe accomodated...

atenean_blooded
06-01-2006, 01:38 AM
My offhand comments, based on a cursory reading of the little argument between the Bedans and the Lasallites:

So a player has decided to move from Beda to La Salle.

While La Salle (or some alumni) may have made an appeal to the player and dangled an offer, it was still ultimately up to the player whether or not he would have transferred.

Case in point: BJ Manalo. He was our star Eaglet, but he decided to go to La Salle. He decided. Whether or not La Salle (or its alumni) made an offer that was too hard to refuse is only secondary in importance. The most important thing is that Manalo had a choice, and could have opted to stay. He made a choice to transfer. Is that enough to say that he isn't loyal to the Ateneo? Of course not. What's clear is that he made a choice to transfer to La Salle.

I don't really want to start drawing academic comparisons between San Beda and La Salle. Things such as environment, difficulty of coursework, and so on come into play. What I think is more important is that a varsity player wants to finish (studies before athletics) his studies. Besides, if he's a genius, he probably doesn't need either school anyway. He'll probably do as well academically.

Which brings us to the basketball programs. At least in terms of number of championships won (I will keep silent on how the championships were won) in the past few years, La Salle's basketball program has fared better than San Beda's (some say this is the reason why Manalo decided to go to La Salle instead of the Ateneo for college). I feel that it is only natural for a player to want to sign up with a successful program.

Of course, the player could have stuck it out with San Beda even if its championship drought has spanned almost three decades (am I correct?), the way, again, for lack of a better example, Villanueva, Fonacier, Bugia, and Gonzales decided to stick it out with the Ateneo even if the basketball program at the time had a drought that spanned more than a decade.

Bottom line: The player made the choice. Not La Salle, not its alumni. Even if the alumni promised the player a billion pesos, if the player decided to stick with San Beda, he would have. I don't think La Salle or its alumni has anything to apologize for with regard to the player's moving to La Salle.

If an offer was made and the player made his choice, then it's not stealing. It's better marketing.

If the player was taken against his will by the La Salle alumni, then that's not just stealing. That's kidnapping. But do you hear the player complaining? I don't.

kryptonite
06-01-2006, 02:42 AM
Player piracy? That's commonplace in College Basketball. Case in point is the US NCAA. Lumang balita na yung nag-offer ng ganito, ng ganyan...What's the big deal? I agree with the previous post that it is ultimately the player who will decide to transfer or not. If he is loyal to the school he is attending then no amount of persuassion can persuade him.

You're talking about the College Diploma? Are we hypocrites here? In reality, this so-called athletes does not really earn those diplomas because they're busy practicing and playing. the diplomas are just gifts. Case in point: Benjie Paras. Do anyone here sincerely believe Paras earned his Tourism diploma at UP? These so-called athletes use their "college education" as a stepping stone to a PRO career. They want a career in sports. You don't need a Diploma majoring in Sports or Physical Education to have a career in sports. I think these PE courses were instituted to cater to athletes, to make life easier for them. No offense to anyone.

So, there's no point arguing if DLSU is to blame or San Beda should cry over spilled milk. The point is Mike B. realized that La Salle has a better sports program than San Beda. Eventhough La Salle was suspended this year, there sports program is here to stay. He realized that La Salle can help him better realize his dream.

I'm just wondering why the big fuzz over this Mike B.? This is the way of life in College Basketball and the Recruiting War. It's just that DLSU boosters have more resources compared to San Beda boosters. San Beda should look for more wealthy boosters instead of crying over spilled milk.

Fried Green Tomato
06-01-2006, 05:32 AM
My offhand comments, based on a cursory* reading of the little argument between the Bedans and the Lasallites:

So a player has decided to move from Beda to La Salle.

While La Salle (or some alumni) may have made an appeal to the player and dangled an offer, it was still ultimately up to the player whether or not he would have transferred.

Case in point: BJ Manalo. He was our star Eaglet, but he decided to go to La Salle. He decided. Whether or not La Salle (or its alumni) made an offer that was too hard to refuse is only secondary in importance. The most important thing is that Manalo had a choice, and could have opted to stay. He made a choice to transfer. Is that enough to say that he isn't loyal to the Ateneo? Of course not. What's clear is that he made a choice to transfer to La Salle.

I don't really want to start drawing academic comparisons between San Beda and La Salle. Things such as environment, difficulty of coursework, and so on come into play. What I think is more important is that a varsity player wants to finish (studies before athletics) his studies. Besides, if he's a genius, he probably doesn't need either school anyway. He'll probably do as well academically.

Which brings us to the basketball programs. At least in terms of number of championships won (I will keep silent on how the championships were won) in the past few years, La Salle's basketball program has fared better than San Beda's (some say this is the reason why Manalo decided to go to La Salle instead of the Ateneo for college). I feel that it is only natural for a player to want to sign up with a successful program.

Of course, the player could have stuck it out with San Beda even if its championship drought has spanned almost three decades (am I correct?), the way, again, for lack of a better example, Villanueva, Fonacier, Bugia, and Gonzales decided to stick it out with the Ateneo even if the basketball program at the time had a drought that spanned more than a decade.

Bottom line: The player made the choice. Not La Salle, not its alumni. Even if the alumni promised the player a billion pesos, if the player decided to stick with San Beda, he would have. I don't think La Salle or its alumni has anything to apologize for with regard to the player's moving to La Salle.

If an offer was made and the player made his choice, then it's not stealing. It's better marketing.

If the player was taken against his will by the La Salle alumni, then that's not just stealing. That's kidnapping. But do you hear the player complaining? I don't.

This is one of the rare moments that i have to agree with AB... quite extraordinary. :)

shyboy
06-01-2006, 06:43 AM
Just because our athletes finish school and earn their degrees make our academic programs less harder than yours, and dont allude that because your athletes cannot earn their diplomas considering the length of their stays as students is because your academic program is harder.

Yes it could have been wise to tell Mike B. that he will earn his diploma in San Beda because he will be guided upon closely but that honor is already not ours it is DLSUs'.

I don't want to compare La Salle's academic programs with San Beda's. All I said was any student will have to go for it if he/she really intends to earn his/her degree. No shame for DLSU if the student decides to quit midstream.

On the other hand, you say you "hope that Mike B. gets to value the education thru the consideration of advice or monitoring of the people in your sports program." And then now, you assuredly say "he will earn his diploma in San Beda because he will be guided upon closely" (whatever that means). There lies the difference. La Salle doesn't assure a diploma.

LION
06-01-2006, 07:47 AM
^ I disagree with atenean_blooded. He does not represent the sentiment of his fellow ateneans.* He is wrong. Did the Ateneo community really reacted to the BJ Manalao incident the way atenean-blooded wants the SBC community to act now? I do remember the way the Ateneo community badmouthed BJ Manalo at that time, inside and outside the court.* I do remember the shouts of the Ateneans then.* Even his* close friend, Enrico Villanueva, refused to talk to BJ at that time.* Enrico even threw nasty elbows at BJ when they were playing against each other.* Of course, time heals all wounds.* Atenean_blooded probably forgot about it already. This then serves as a refresher.

The SBC system is not weak. In fact, it has the strongest system in the entire NCAA league.* We take good care of our players.* We have resources but we give just what is right to a student-athlete taking into account all factors that are RELEVANT to him.* We don't want to turn a player into a mercenary.* We provide help. We address the needs, but not the wants.* That is where we are "weak".* We do not match offers. We do not engage in any bidding. Is it a marketing or sales issue?

(By the way, how did Ateneo end its drought?* I will wait for the greenies to answer this.)

Of course, the player is not entirely blameless.* It takes two to tango. The corruptor and the corrupted.

One green poster said - "So, there's no point arguing if DLSU is to blame or San Beda should cry over spilled milk. The point is Mike B. realized that La Salle has a better sports program than San Beda. Eventhough La Salle was suspended this year, there (sic) sports program is here to stay. He realized that La Salle can help him better realize his dream.'*

Do you really believe what you are saying? You don't know the whole story boy.* FYI, Mike B. wanted to stay in San Beda. On the condition that we match your offer. He went to your school not because "he realized that la salle can* help him better realize his dream", but because of your money.* Had we decided to match the offer, he would have stayed. That's the story.* It's purely money. Thus, don't delude yourselves into thinking otherwise.

To FGT and bigfreeze,* I will give you the figure you are asking for through PM on the condition that you give me the name of this former red lion through PM.* *If you think we invented the amount, go talk to Burstcher himself.*

We do not need you to say that we should move on. We will move on.* In fact, we have a very strong team despite Mike B's. absence.* That should dispel your allegation that our system is weak.* Again, i repeat, we have the strongest system in the NCAA.* We turned away other aspirants because our Team B is already loaded.

This is not the end of the story about the red school and the green school.* This is* just another chapter. If we can take it, we certainly know how to give it.* *Let's wait and see how the story will end.

5FootCarrot
06-01-2006, 08:35 AM
Sorry, guys, couldn't resist butting in on this :-[

^ I disagree with atenean_blooded. He does not represent the sentiment of his fellow ateneans.* He is wrong. Did the Ateneo community really reacted to the BJ Manalao incident the way atenean-blooded wants the SBC community to act now? I do remember the way the Ateneo community badmouthed BJ Manalo at that time, inside and outside the court.* I do remember the shouts of the Ateneans then.* Even his* close friend, Enrico Villanueva, refused to talk to BJ at that time.* Enrico even threw nasty elbows at BJ when they were playing against each other.* Of course, time heals all wounds.* Atenean_blooded probably forgot about it already. This then serves as a refresher.
You are right, atenean_blooded cannot speak for all Ateneans everywhere, but here's another one who agrees with him.

You're also right when you say that the Ateneo community took BJ Manalo's decision hard. I think this allows us to empathize somewhat with the Bedans. At the same time, however, I like to think that we have learned a little from that experience and because we are emotionally detached (i.e., not involved) in this case, we can afford to be a bit more academic about it when we butt in the way we are doing now. :P

Of course, the player is not entirely blameless.* It takes two to tango. The corruptor and the corrupted.
With all due respect, if you believe that the player is not entirely blameless, why are you disagreeing with atenean_blooded? AB merely pointed out that it was Mike Burtscher who made the choice. He is fully responsible for his move to DLSU. He may have been offered some sort of incentive, but in the end, HE was the one who chose to go. The incentive was only a factor in the decision-making process.

It's good to know that the Bedan community is in the process of moving on from this. You're right when you say that you have a very strong team. I've seen it for myself. It's a shame that Mike Burtscher is no longer with you, but there are other lions in the pride who need your support. Bahala na si Burtscher sa buhay niya.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying that I'm siding with DLSU on this one (and I don't think AB is either) because I still do not like what I hear about their recruiting practices, I'm just a nosy bystander giving her 2 cents' worth on the matter.

*scuttles away to avoid projectiles launched in her direction*

LION
06-01-2006, 08:41 AM
^ No need to scuttle away. I already beat you to it.* :)* I can argue with anyone Carrot but not with you.

Ahhhh, the LION tamer.

Btw, I did not say that the player is entirely blameless. In fact, I said that it takes two to tango.

bigfreeze_bibby
06-01-2006, 08:41 AM
What I meant is that you know this practice. It has been going on as you admitted.

I have already recommended that Burtscher be thrown out of the den. The team management can always ignore my recommendation.* But whatever is the decision of Mike, he is no longer welcome there. He crossed the line and made himself a mercenary.* If it is true that he has not decided yet, we will make things easy for him.* I know for a fact that right now he is being contacted to* tell* him to pack up his bags and leave.

I hope that you give him a big welcome and take care of him.* He is by nature a good kid.* Medyo naligaw lang. Pakisabi sa mga "contractuals" ninyo na alagaan siya kahit di na pwedeng maglaro ng basketball at hindi na mapapakinabangan.*

If you'll ask us, mas lalong di naman namin hahabulin si Mke B. why? We have big men waiting in the wings to suit up for next season and for the next seasons to come. I dunno why this guy is being "hyped" after all. Is he worth this brouhaha that is happening right now? Di ko pa nga nakikita maglaro ito eh. Plus, the residency thing will apply pa for him. Some were saying that he is more of a perimeter player and I don't think that's what we need right now. Puedeng-puede nyo na siya kunin ulit pabalik sa Mendiola, if you want kami pa maghahatid sa kanya.

For the former Red Lion who brought Mike B to DLSU, you may also want to ask Mike since he told you of the figures that he is receiving or supposed to receive. Malamang naman siguro kilala naman niya kung sino nagdala sa kanya sa DLSU, right?

LION
06-01-2006, 08:50 AM
bigfreeze, as always you greenies are not playing it right.

FGT mentioned a former red lion. If you do not name names, you are deliberately making every former red lion suspect. If you can't name him, then your allegation about that former red lion is garbage, i.e., until you prove otherwise.

Think about it.

About Burtscher? He is yours already. Talk to him.

RedKfir
06-01-2006, 09:13 AM
Alam niyong lahat, this really boils down to one word: RESPECT and I'm not trying to point out that song by Aretha Franklin. Respect for each other, La Salle's repect for San Beda, the respect of Bedans for Lasallites and so forth. Now, why would you snatch a player from another school who is supposedly ready to play in an upcoming tournament? Aren't you suppose to respect the other school's effort to perform better in an endeavor and not undermine it instead?

Somebody said that the actions of the alumni is entirely independent from the school but the alumni is part of that school. Are you telling us that La Salle has no knowledge of what your recruiters are doing? It means that the recruitment, underhanded or otherwise, are being done under the very noses of the La Salle brothers. Hindi ba bastusan rin yon? It is their school and they should be aware of what is happening in their name. On the other hand, if the La Salle brothers know what is happening and do not lift a finger stopping it then they should drop the word "Christian" from FSC. They are utterly disrespecting the Benedictines in this regard who have showed them no ill will nor any bad intentions.

The Lasallites here in the forum are trying to wash their hands by saying that it all boils down to the player himself. However, it is not just a simple choice of choosing between a red apple and a green apple. If there are other considerations are put in the table especially pecuniary ones, anyone is sure that the decision will be skewed. You know that the player is in need of perks and "more support" to sustain a lifestyle then you dangle a carrot ready for a picking, a decision is already made here. Furthermore, you try to point out that your alumni recruiters did not put anything over-board on the table. Do you people expect me to believe that? I am a former Red Cub and I have a first hand experience on how La Salle recruiters operate and it is downright ugly. Looking back at what they did, I can just shake my head in disbelief. You people may mask under the guise of mere words to validate and justify your actions but no amount of spin will ever hide your true intentions.

You can have Michael all you want. He is all yours. By the way, how many text messages have you sent him since you decided that you want the kid to be part of your team? We will not lift a finger to prevent his transfer. It is just the pattern of your behavior that disappoints me. I used to have a great amount of respect for La Salle both as a school and as an institution (you produced Diokno and other great Filipinos) but now, that respect is fading away. I just cringe when I think of what moral values you teach your students right now and to think that they will be running this country any time soon.

For La Salle's sake, glory is not etched on who wins the trophy but on the amount of goodwill that was won.

LION
06-01-2006, 09:30 AM
quote from AB:

"If the player was taken against his will by the La Salle alumni, then that's not just stealing. That's kidnapping. But do you hear the player complaining? I don't."

AB, there is such a thing as abduction with consent.

gfy
06-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Makisawsaw na nga. If I were La Salle, I wouldn't have touched Burtscher even with a 10-ft pole without first calling Beda about it. That's mutual respect. I know this happens between Ateneo-Beda and Ateneo-FEU. Burtscher has been with Beda for about 2 years now, I think, so La Salle should have known. No palusot like a Beda alumnus brought him to us...etc.

A little sensitivity training and a lesson or two in PR will help. Just look at the cheating scandal and how DLSU handled it. Threats like "we will bring this all the way to the Supreme Court" or "we will bolt the UAAP if we are not satisfied with the "clarification". Tsk...tsk.

Now they are "globalizing" their line-up. Batrievic (Serb), Maierhoffer (German/Mangyan hehe), Walsham (Letran/Australian), Ferdinand (Indonesian), the Chinese connection, etc... Can't compete in the local recruiting game eh? Nothing illegal but this is why schools like UST and UP don't like La Salle.

gfy
06-01-2006, 10:23 AM
Re earning a diploma - not all ballers (or athletes for that matter) are cut out to become pros. So it should be impressed upon them that an education is important and they should be given the necessary help, guidance and support to complete their studies. Some will say that it is up to the athletes. Of course it is. In the Ateneo, we have been successful so far in this respect. JC will complete his studies in October and graduate in March. Japeth, the object of ridicule at APcom, is doing OK too.

Kid Cubao
06-01-2006, 10:37 AM
wala pa namang balita kung talagang tanggap na sa la salle si mike burtscher, di ba? medyo malabong makalipat kaagad yang batang yan samantalang naghahanap pa ng bagong head coach ang la salle. ikalawa,posible rin na hindi lang la salle ang nilapitan o lalapitan ni mike sa mga susunod na araw. ikatlo, maaari ring pag nalaman nyang mapupurnada yung mga taon nyang ginugol sa residency sa beda, aba'y malay natin, baka naman magising sa katotohanang di na nya mababawi ang nakaraan. dahil dyan, di malayong mangyaring bumalik muli ng beda yan. kaya ang tanong: sakaling bumalik ng beda yan si mike, tatanggapin pa ba sya ng mga bedista?

jembengzon
06-01-2006, 10:43 AM
hey lion, :)

here'e another atenean that agrees with carrot and AB. *although many in the community were unhappy with BJ's transfer, there were a number who understood and respected it - disappointed yes, but wished him well....except in the games ! *BWAHAHA !!!

a lot of the difference can be attributed to recruitment philosophies in the sports program. *San Beda and ADMU use the framework of "student as athletes", *hence stress development in the classroom as much as development in athletic excellence. *DLSU, which is always quick to market trends, has recognized and capitalized on the potential of a) sports as an effective marketing tool; and b) sports as a legitimate careers. * *i don't think one approach is necessarily better than the other. *but it is in the philosophies that the grey area lies.

unless there is a basketball superbody that lays down in specific what can and can't be done, then there will always be conflicts. *it comes down to the individual recruits (and his handler's) personal value set - *what he prioritizes and finds a better fit with the school's philosophies and practices. * recruiters will always be there, so recruits have the responsibility to think long and hard about their career choices. *tempting yes, but ultimately, they need to think squarely about things.

Perhaps San Beda (with koy at the helm) can learn form ADMU's experience. *after BJ's decision, ADMU realized it cannot be complacent on the high school pipeline, so went out and actively recruited good players who fit its mold both on the court and off, and who had the staying power to finish. *and looking at them - LA Tenorio, rich alvarez, *magnum membrere as examples - *they are as much Atenean (sometimes even more so) than anyone who came from our own basic ed unit. *we're proud as anyone to call them our own, as players, and more importantly, as people.

toti_mendiola
06-01-2006, 10:47 AM
Just because our athletes finish school and earn their degrees make our academic programs less harder than yours, and dont allude that because your athletes cannot earn their diplomas considering the length of their stays as students is because your academic program is harder.

Yes it could have been wise to tell Mike B. that he will earn his diploma in San Beda because he will be guided upon closely but that honor is already not ours it is DLSUs'.

I don't want to compare La Salle's academic programs with San Beda's.* All I said was any student will have to go for it if he/she really intends to earn his/her degree.* No shame for DLSU if the student decides to quit midstream.*

On the other hand, you say you "hope that* Mike B. gets to value the education thru the consideration of advice or monitoring of the people in your sports program."* And then now, you assuredly say "he will earn his diploma in San Beda because he will be guided upon closely" (whatever that means).* There lies the difference.* La Salle doesn't assure a diploma.

As gfy commented, "Re earning a diploma - not all ballers (or athletes for that matter) are cut out to become pros. So it should be impressed upon them that an education is important and they should be given the necessary help, guidance and support to complete their studies", *same principle of "guided upon closely ' albeit not as specifically stated.
I do not see any contradictions to "my hope. . ." against to "yes it would be wise. . .he will earn his diploma". Yes there lies the difference because athletes should be told of the value of an education and the diploma that comes with it when they complete their course, based on your experiences with athletes in La Salle, i guess you could not say the same.

5FootCarrot
06-01-2006, 10:50 AM
Btw, I did not say that the player is entirely blameless. In fact, I said that it takes two to tango.
Yes, you didn't say that the player is entirely blameless. I checked my post again and saw that I had quoted you correctly - the player is not (emphasis mine) entirely blameless. :)

You know, a lot of my take on this matter is based what I learned in Philo 101, but when I tried to re-read John Wild's "Freedom and Responsibility," (http://www.geocities.com/sunnycastillo_2000/TEXTS/WILD.html) I couldn't understand a thing :P

Back now to your regularly scheduled programming!

toti_mendiola
06-01-2006, 11:04 AM
I do not know about the circumstances when *BJ Manalo transferred to DLSU.

BJ Manalo came out straight from AHS when he left for La Salle?
Was BJ enrolled to as a college student when he was lured by La Salle?
Was he ever in the line-up of your Seniors Basketball team and played in off season tournaments while at the roster?

If not, the BJ Manalo incident cannot be compared to the Mike B. incident.

Mateen Cleaves
06-01-2006, 11:05 AM
here'e another atenean that agrees with carrot and AB. although many in the community were unhappy with BJ's transfer, there were a number who understood and respected it - disappointed yes, but wished him well....except in the games ! BWAHAHA !!!
unless there is a basketball superbody that lays down in specific what can and can't be done, then there will always be conflicts. it comes down to the individual recruits (and his handler's) personal value set - what he prioritizes and finds a better fit with the school's philosophies and practices. recruiters will always be there, so recruits have the responsibility to think long and hard about their career choices. tempting yes, but ultimately, they need to think squarely about things.
Perhaps San Beda (with koy at the helm) can learn form ADMU's experience. after BJ's deciison, ADMU realized it cannot be complacent on the high school pipeline, so went out and actively recruited good players who fit its mold both on the court and off, and who had the staying power to finish.

sali din ako. but my main objective is not to assign blame. As things stand, there can be no one to blame because, as you pointed out, there are no rules (or at least, laws). But i think the value of this discussion (as long as we can keep it civil) is that we can air out potential policy points.

Now to my opinion.

In an ideal collegiate set-up, I would suggest that if School A (or anybody representing A) communicates with a player from School B, without B's formal consent, School A would be guilty of tampering. Even if the player initiates the contact, A should still be obligated to decline a response, remind the player of the rules, and acquire the formal consent of B.

BTW, there's a huge difference between Manalo and Burtscher. Manalo was recruited out of Ateneo high school. A more appropriate analogy would be Japeth Aguilar transferring to DLSU upon his return from Chicago. I'm sure many true Ateneans would wish him well, too. ;D

shyboy
06-01-2006, 11:25 AM

Was he ever in the line-up of your Seniors Basketball team and played in off season tournaments while at the roster?

The academic circumstances may be different, but both were anticipated to play with their respective schools the following season. This is the similarity the Ateneans are refering to.

toti_mendiola
06-01-2006, 11:37 AM

The academic circumstances may be different, but both were anticipated to play with their respective schools the following season.* This is the similarity the Ateneans are refering to.

We anticipated Mike B. to play this season and not the following.

LION
06-01-2006, 11:39 AM
^ Pahinga muna ako sandali. this Lion will just attend a meeting. *Will be back to fight the pack of hyenas.

dose
06-01-2006, 11:43 AM
Kung makapagsalita ang mga Beda dito, parang napaka-superior ng "student-athlete program" nila compared to La Salle ah. Ano ba graduation rate ng players niyo the past few years? Tsaka pano niyo nasabi na pinapabayaan ng La Salle ang mga players nila when it comes to their academics? *Dahil ba sa madaming nakikick-out?

Mateen Cleaves
06-01-2006, 11:44 AM
The academic circumstances may be different, but both were anticipated to play with their respective schools the following season. This is the similarity the Ateneans are refering to.

If so, they missed the point. San Beda was not just anticipating Burtscher's play on the court. He was already playing for San Beda. Yes, it was Team B. But wearing the Red Lions uniform, nevertheless.

BJ Manalo's case is much better compared to the Menor brouhaha last year. But in the end, that turned out in SBC's favor.

toti_mendiola
06-01-2006, 11:46 AM
^ Pahinga muna ako sandali. this Lion will just attend a meeting. *Will be back to fight the pack of hyenas.

Would it be a lunch meeting? It would be nice to feast on a william tell, bite the neck till he runs out of breath.

shyboy
06-01-2006, 11:48 AM
As gfy commented, "Re earning a diploma - not all ballers (or athletes for that matter) are cut out to become pros. So it should be impressed upon them that an education is important and they should be given the necessary help, guidance and support to complete their studies", *same principle of "guided upon closely ' albeit not as specifically stated.
I do not see any contradictions to "my hope. . ." against to "yes it would be wise. . .he will earn his diploma". Yes there lies the difference because athletes should be told of the value of an education and the diploma that comes with it when they complete their course, based on your experiences with athletes in La Salle, i guess you could not say the same.

Merely having several non-graduates doesn't necessarily mean La Salle officials are remiss in reminding the athletes to tend to their studies and finish their degrees. *And it doesn't necessarily follow that having more graduating athletes is due to the support system of instilling the value of an education. *This the last thing I would say about this.

Now back to the topic.

toti_mendiola
06-01-2006, 11:51 AM
Kung makapagsalita ang mga Beda dito, parang napaka-superior ng "student-athlete program" nila compared to La Salle ah. Ano ba graduation rate ng players niyo the past few years?

Bedans and not Beda.

Tsaka pano niyo nasabi na pinapabayaan ng La Salle ang mga players nila when it comes to their academics? *Dahil ba sa madaming nakikick-out?

no need to cross your honor, the abovementioned will do.

shyboy
06-01-2006, 11:58 AM

"This" season hasn't started yet so I'm obviously refering to the incoming season.

dose
06-01-2006, 12:07 PM
Kung makapagsalita ang mga Beda dito, parang napaka-superior ng "student-athlete program" nila compared to La Salle ah. Ano ba graduation rate ng players niyo the past few years?

Bedans and not Beda.

Tsaka pano niyo nasabi na pinapabayaan ng La Salle ang mga players nila when it comes to their academics? *Dahil ba sa madaming nakikick-out?

So ano nga ang graduation rate ng players niyo?

toti_mendiola
06-01-2006, 12:11 PM

Bedans and not Beda.

I would let you do the honors first, "So ano nga ang graduation rate ng players niyo?".

toti_mendiola
06-01-2006, 12:15 PM

"This" season hasn't started yet so I'm obviously refering to the incoming season.

Maybe you meant that the games hasnt started yet, season 82 just started. Need not be obvious on that.

dose
06-01-2006, 12:23 PM

Bedans and not Beda.

I would let you do the honors first, "So ano nga ang graduation rate ng players niyo?".

Do the honors first?! Eh kayo ang nagyayabang na kesyo kawawa ang mga players ng La Salle dahil hindi nagui-guide sa academics, na hindi nakakagraduate etc. So ang tanong ko sayo, since minamaliit niyo ang basketball program ng La Salle, ano ba graduation rate ng players niyo?

toti_mendiola
06-01-2006, 12:32 PM

Bedans and not Beda.

Do the honors first?! Eh kayo ang nagyayabang na kesyo kawawa ang mga players ng La Salle dahil hindi nagui-guide sa academics, na hindi nakakagraduate etc. So ang tanong ko sayo, since minamaliit niyo ang basketball program ng La Salle, ano ba graduation rate ng players niyo?

Have you heard any of our players that are topics of discussions of not graduating in any fora?
Our players do graduate.

bigfreeze_bibby
06-01-2006, 12:35 PM

Would it be a lunch meeting? It would be nice to feast on a william tell, bite the neck till he runs out of breath.

Will make sure that bago makalapit ang leon, patay na kaagad yan sa malayo pa lang.

shyboy
06-01-2006, 12:37 PM
Maybe you meant that the games hasnt started yet, season 82 just started. Need not be obvious on that.* *

The season officially starts with opening ceremonies if i'm not mistaken.

Let's go back to topic shall we...

toti_mendiola
06-01-2006, 12:41 PM

Will make sure that bago makalapit ang leon, patay na kaagad yan sa malayo pa lang.

If that is the case, all cubs that have gone nomad and invaded william tell's territory should have been all gone by now, now are they?

bigfreeze_bibby
06-01-2006, 12:51 PM
wala pa namang balita kung talagang tanggap na sa la salle si mike burtscher, di ba? medyo malabong makalipat kaagad yang batang yan samantalang naghahanap pa ng bagong head coach ang la salle. ikalawa,posible rin na hindi lang la salle ang nilapitan o lalapitan ni mike sa mga susunod na araw. ikatlo, maaari ring pag nalaman nyang mapupurnada yung mga taon nyang ginugol sa residency sa beda, aba'y malay natin, baka naman magising sa katotohanang di na nya mababawi ang nakaraan. dahil dyan, di malayong mangyaring bumalik muli ng beda yan. kaya ang tanong: sakaling bumalik ng beda yan si mike, tatanggapin pa ba sya ng mga bedista?

This is the thing now. Wala pa ngang entrance exam yang player ni hindi pa yan sure kung tatanggapin namin or hindi. At hindi siya yung tipong hahabulin namin, because just like what I said, kung big men lang din pag-uusapan we have enough in our team plus those waiting in the wings until what? Season 72 perhaps. Residency is another thing, ni hindi ko rin alam bakit yan dinala sa min. As to legit recruitment this year, we only have two, Simon Atkins and Allan Mangahas.

If you the Bedans want to believe that we stole your prized player then so be it but for us he is not a prized player, he is expendable and we don't own him because no commitment whatsoever has happened until now, he's not even a student of DLSU. It's up to him to decide where to go. We won't force him to play for us because as far as we're concerned, he's not extraordinary as compared to our current big men in our lineup.

Fried Green Tomato
06-01-2006, 12:52 PM

The SBC system is not weak. In fact, it has the strongest system in the entire NCAA league.* We take good care of our players.* We have resources but we give just what is right to a student-athlete taking into account all factors that are RELEVANT to him.* We don't want to turn a player into a mercenary.* We provide help. We address the needs, but not the wants.* That is where we are "weak".* We do not match offers. We do not engage in any bidding. Is it a marketing or sales issue?

(By the way, how did Ateneo end its drought?* I will wait for the greenies to answer this.)

One green poster said - "So, there's no point arguing if DLSU is to blame or San Beda should cry over spilled milk. The point is Mike B. realized that La Salle has a better sports program than San Beda. Eventhough La Salle was suspended this year, there (sic) sports program is here to stay. He realized that La Salle can help him better realize his dream.'*

Do you really believe what you are saying? You don't know the whole story boy.* FYI, Mike B. wanted to stay in San Beda. On the condition that we match your offer. He went to your school not because "he realized that la salle can* help him better realize his dream", but because of your money.* Had we decided to match the offer, he would have stayed. That's the story.* It's purely money. Thus, don't delude yourselves into thinking otherwise.

To FGT and bigfreeze,* I will give you the figure you are asking for through PM on the condition that you give me the name of this former red lion through PM.* *If you think we invented the amount, go talk to Burstcher himself.*

We do not need you to say that we should move on. We will move on.* In fact, we have a very strong team despite Mike B's. absence.* That should dispel your allegation that our system is weak.* Again, i repeat, we have the strongest system in the NCAA.* We turned away other aspirants because our Team B is already loaded.

This is not the end of the story about the red school and the green school.* This is* just another chapter. If we can take it, we certainly know how to give it.* *Let's wait and see how the story will end.

The accusations were made over the net. The bedans were daring enough to right away point the accusing finger on us. Sending the info via PM is very irresponsible. Let’s put everything in the open after all, the bedans had the gall to easily make wild allegations… it’s now time for you guys to give us the facts… no condition, no deal in the offing. The bedans have the responsibility to back up the allegations they made – substantiate your claim with facts and not just by a lame tale “this guy told us that this school made an offer and you have to match it”. Or else, this is just about another useless “he said, she said” thing. We demand more from the bedans if you want to be taken seriously or else, this is going to be dismissed as another wild bitter goose chase going nowhere.

I have no obligation to divulge the name of the ex-lion who accompanied this player to La Salle but I’m more than willing post the name of the ex-lion here after the bedans have substantiated their allegations with concrete facts and evidence.

Let us not complicate this matter by injecting into the subject side stories about Ateneo (the bj incident) or even go into academics among schools, by doing so, we are just side stepping the gist of this topic.

The bottom-line, the player made a decision to go somewhere else. As to where, we do not know (I don’t care) and that decision belongs solely to him. *

To those in the know of the nitty-gritty behind the scene recruitment process in the collegiate level, some “wise” players use to employ a tactic just to boost their stock - - - they would go to a certain school for a try-out and then go to another school and say that “this school made an offer of this & that to him… if you want me then match their offer” - that’s already an old trick. It’s been done so many times before and we would no longer believe such claim from the player or from anyone else.

But I guess there are still some who would fall prey to such trick.

Not us… so give us the facts.

toti_mendiola
06-01-2006, 12:55 PM
Maybe you meant that the games hasnt started yet, season 82 just started. Need not be obvious on that.* *

The season officially starts with opening ceremonies if i'm not mistaken.

Yes, officially, to formalize the ushering of the games, but it does not follow that it has commenced therefrom. * *

bigfreeze_bibby
06-01-2006, 12:57 PM

If that is the case, all cubs that have gone nomad and invaded william tell's territory should have been all gone by now, now are they?

Sige para matapos na ito nalapa na leon nyo yung william tell namin, satisfied? Pati laman loob kinain na rin.

toti_mendiola
06-01-2006, 01:04 PM

Sige para matapos na ito nalapa na leon nyo yung william tell namin, satisfied? Pati laman loob kinain na rin.

My apologies to you bigfreeze, the "it would be a nice feast . ." was uncalled for.

Mang_Roger
06-01-2006, 01:09 PM

Bedans and not Beda.

Honestly, I don't know. But I'm quite sure they all graduated from high school. ;D

christian
06-01-2006, 01:15 PM
poker anyone?

LION
06-01-2006, 01:16 PM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tingnan natin.

FGT, Burtscher is the fact. He is now with you. * You already admitted that he went to you, and that you "accomodated" him. *What is there to prove? *That he went to you without any offer of money? *You think people will believe that? *Why are you afraid to admit that you offered money? Some of the Ateneans here already said that they do not see anything wrong with offering money. So admit it. That is your system right?

So what will you do now just to prove us wrong? Dismiss Burtscher because he is "expendable"? * Tsk tsk. *Kawawang bata.

dose
06-01-2006, 01:31 PM

Bedans and not Beda.

Honestly, I don't know. But I'm quite sure they all graduated from high school. ;D

That's a different topic. Nevertheless, does that make your sports program better than ours?

dose
06-01-2006, 01:33 PM

Bedans and not Beda.

Have you heard any of our players that are* topics of discussions of not graduating in any fora?
Our players do graduate.

Them not being topics of discussions of not graduating doesn't mean they do graduate. So ano nga ang graduation rate ng players niyo?

Joescoundrel
06-01-2006, 01:37 PM
Is this a private party...?

LION
06-01-2006, 01:41 PM
^ Definitely not Joe. The Ateneans are in and out here. :)

Fried Green Tomato
06-01-2006, 01:44 PM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tingnan natin.

FGT, Burtscher is the fact. He is now with you. * You already admitted that he went to you, and that you "accomodated" him. *What is there to prove? *That he went to you without any offer of money? *You think people will believe that? *Why are you afraid to admit that you offered money? Some of the Ateneans here already said that they do not see anything wrong with offering money. So admit it. That is your system right?

So what will you do now just to prove us wrong? Dismiss Burtscher because he is "expendable"? * Tsk tsk. *Kawawang bata.

Yes, I said he went to la salle. He just went there and that's about it. We accommodated him with the usual courtesy being given to any visitor. But beyond that, i don't know what you are talking about.

I'm not here to convice anyone, i'm just here to tell our side of the story.

And since you already have this notion that money is involved, believe what you want to believe. We are not forcing you to believe our story. But it would be better if you guys substantiate your claim that we offered money or other perks to this guy. Since that's the gist of your cliam, how much did we offer? How sure are you that your player (once a bedan, always a bedan, right?) is not just bluffing with such claim that we offered him something?

I don't have to prove you wrong, the longer the bedans stall in revealing the facts, the lesser the credibility of their claim.

toti_mendiola
06-01-2006, 01:47 PM

Bedans and not Beda.

Have you heard any of our players that are* topics of discussions of not graduating in any fora?
Our players do graduate.

Them not being topics of discussions of not graduating doesn't mean they do graduate. So ano nga ang graduation rate ng players niyo?

So many posts, a single repeating question.
Our players graduates.
A ratio would do for you, 1 is to 2. the variable 2 represents SBRL, the variable 1, you guess who.

toti_mendiola
06-01-2006, 01:52 PM
If that wont do, then let us just say that we have more basketball players who finished school and earned their diplomas compared to yours.

LION
06-01-2006, 01:57 PM
FGT, it was a done deal already. What bluff are you talking about? He is now with your "contractuals". So I ask again, what will you or your "contractuals" do now? Drop Mike like a hot potato just to prove that he was not in your radar? Come on. Kawawang bata.

boredtoday
06-01-2006, 02:05 PM

That's a different topic. Nevertheless, does that make your sports program better than ours?

wait let me think for a minute here... yes. duh. what kind of question is that?

a sports program for a college varsity team should be filled with college students. a collegiate sports program that has college students and some highschoolers ( and for quite some time there were ) is just dumb.

bigfreeze_bibby
06-01-2006, 02:15 PM
Mike can still be dropped from the team. It doesn't mean that when your practicing, you are indeed assured of a slot. As I've said, wala pang entrance exam yung bata, we don't have a head coach to evaluate his playing performance unlike Allan Mangahas and Simon Atikins na nakita na ni Franz last year pa (as to the case of Allan, mas maaga pa because of his kuya James). It will be not good to conclude that if he doesn't make it to the team, it is because of this controversy. From my standpoint, di siya yung tipo ng player na may sure slot kaagad sa team.

For the money, lahat naman ng players from various teams in La Salle may allowances, according to the team managers of various sports teams that I came across. For some, yung mga team managers na rin ang nagbibigay ng allowances in case na short yung nabibigay ng school sa mga bata. I don't really get it why Mike B has to be given a special offer because mas maraming mas magagaling sa kanya sa team right now.

danny
06-01-2006, 02:18 PM
^ Pahinga muna ako sandali. this Lion will just attend a meeting. Will be back to fight the pack of hyenas.

Tingnan natin.

FGT, Burtscher is the fact. He is now with you. You already admitted that he went to you, and that you "accomodated" him. What is there to prove? That he went to you without any offer of money? You think people will believe that? Why are you afraid to admit that you offered money? Some of the Ateneans here already said that they do not see anything wrong with offering money. So admit it. That is your system right?

So what will you do now just to prove us wrong? Dismiss Burtscher because he is "expendable"? Tsk tsk. Kawawang bata.

Yes, I said he went to la salle. He just went there and that's about it. We accommodated him with the usual courtesy being given to any visitor. But beyond that, i don't know what you are talking about.

And since you already have this notion that money is involved, believe what you want to believe. We are not forcing you to believe our story. But it would be better if you guys substantiate your claim that we offered money or other perks to this guy. Since that's the gist of your cliam, how much did we offer? How sure are you that your player (once a bedan, always a bedan, right?) is not just bluffing with such claim that we offered him something?

I don't have to prove you wrong, the longer the bedans stall in revealing the facts, the lesser the credibility of their claim.

The Boosters of San Beda have know about La Salle's attempt to get Mike since December of 2005. ::) I'm sure the Boosters can discuss it with you. Care to join the Bedans for a Powwow?

Mang_Roger
06-01-2006, 02:21 PM

Bedans and not Beda.

He he he he aminado may mga players na hindi graduate ng high school. Sa bagay, kaya nga pala kayo na suspend.

Anyway, insofar as comparing your school's sports program with ours---if your definition of an excellent sports program is having players who did not even graduated from high school and get suspended for a year, then kayo nga ang may pinaka-magaling na sports program. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Fried Green Tomato
06-01-2006, 02:24 PM
FGT,* it was a done deal already.* What bluff are you talking about?* He is now with your "contractuals".* So I ask again, what will you or your "contractuals" do now?* Drop Mike like a hot potato just to prove that he was not in your radar?* Come on.* *Kawawang bata.

First time I heard of "contractuals" happening in La Salle. What are you talking about? Are you sure? What done deal? I don't know where you are getting your info but there's something very wrong with your source.

So, what the are verifiable facts?

- school year 2006-2007 already started in La Salle last may. This player has not taken dlsucet and not enrolled in La Salle.

- assuming we take him next year, he still needs 2yrs residency and we're looking at 2009 for him to play.

And you are already assuming that it was a done deal? Who told you?

Wala pa nga kaming permanent coach, paano ka nakakasigurado agad. As of now, La Salle Basketball is in limbo - we are suspended and we still don't have a permanent coach. Our priority now is to get a coach and not to get players as we have more than enough. It is a common practice that the coach has the last say in getting the players and no one else. The players of La Salle now and even the new recruits were scouted by franz before his resignation. If your player was in our radar screen, e di sana naka enroll na siya sa la salle ngayon.

Your claim just doesn't make sense at all.

Again, please provide us with your verifiable facts to support your claim.

Mang_Roger
06-01-2006, 02:33 PM
As of now, La Salle Basketball is in limbo - we are suspended

Oo nga pala you guys are about to serve time.

toti_mendiola
06-01-2006, 02:34 PM
Mike can still be dropped from the team. It doesn't mean that when your practicing, you are indeed assured of a slot. As I've said, wala pang entrance exam yung bata, we don't have a head coach to evaluate his playing performance unlike Allan Mangahas and Simon Atikins na nakita na ni Franz last year pa (as to the case of Allan, mas maaga pa because of his kuya James). It will be not good to conclude that if he doesn't make it to the team, it is because of this controversy. From my standpoint, di siya yung tipo ng player na may sure slot kaagad sa team.

For the money, lahat naman ng players from various teams in La Salle may allowances, according to the team managers of various sports teams that I came across. For some, yung mga team managers na rin ang nagbibigay ng allowances in case na short yung nabibigay ng school sa mga bata. I don't really get it why Mike B has to be given a special offer because mas maraming mas magagaling sa kanya sa team right now.

Yes, he has no sure slot in your UAAP team simply because he is still ineligible to play for two years during his residency. *

danny
06-01-2006, 02:37 PM

a sports program for a college varsity team should be filled with college students. a collegiate sports program that has college students and some highschoolers ( and for quite some time there were ) is just dumb.

Pareng boredtoday...ano na nga ba ang topic dito.... ;D

danny
06-01-2006, 02:45 PM
^ Pahinga muna ako sandali. this Lion will just attend a meeting. Will be back to fight the pack of hyenas.

Tingnan natin.

FGT, Burtscher is the fact. He is now with you. You already admitted that he went to you, and that you "accomodated" him. What is there to prove? That he went to you without any offer of money? You think people will believe that? Why are you afraid to admit that you offered money? Some of the Ateneans here already said that they do not see anything wrong with offering money. So admit it. That is your system right?

So what will you do now just to prove us wrong? Dismiss Burtscher because he is "expendable"? Tsk tsk. Kawawang bata.

Classic response.

How much is tha allowance you give to your players?

Let us assume that Mike was bluffing the San Beda Boosters about La Salle's offer. Probably Mike wanted the Bedan Boosters to increase his allowance in parity with La Salle.

Magkano nga ba ang allowance nila diyan ng malaman namin kung bluff lang yung figure na ibinigay niya. ;D

Fried Green Tomato
06-01-2006, 02:55 PM
^ Pahinga muna ako sandali. this Lion will just attend a meeting.* Will be back to fight the pack of hyenas.

Tingnan natin.

FGT, Burtscher is the fact. He is now with you.* *You already admitted that he went to you, and that you "accomodated" him.* What is there to prove?* That he went to you without any offer of money?* You think people will believe that?* Why are you afraid to admit that you offered money? Some of the Ateneans here already said that they do not see anything wrong with offering money. So admit it. That is your system right?

So what will you do now just to prove us wrong? Dismiss Burtscher because he is "expendable"?* *Tsk tsk.* Kawawang bata.

Classic response.

How much is tha allowance* you give to your players?

Let us assume that Mike was bluffing the San Beda* Boosters about La Salle's offer. Probably Mike wanted the Bedan Boosters to increase his allowance in parity with La Salle.

Magkano nga ba ang allowance nila diyan ng malaman namin kung bluff lang yung figure na ibinigay niya.* ;D

As far as i know, whethere you believe it or not, players are given P 1,000 a week as allowance or 4K a month. If they have perfect attendance (practices & games), they are given an additional 1k per month. That's what the university can only offer.

toti_mendiola
06-01-2006, 02:57 PM

Danny,
* * * *welcome aboard,i can *hear you laughing all the way from Canada while posting.
*okay back to your regular program.

danny
06-01-2006, 03:04 PM

Tingnan natin.

Classic response.

Let us assume that Mike was bluffing the San Beda Boosters about La Salle's offer. Probably Mike wanted the Bedan Boosters to increase his allowance in parity with La Salle.

Magkano nga ba ang allowance nila diyan ng malaman namin kung bluff lang yung figure na ibinigay niya. ;D

As far as i know, whethere you believe it or not, players are given P 1,000 a week as allowance or 4K a month. If they have perfect attendance (practices & games), they are given an additional 1k per month. That's what the university can only offer.

Holy cow! P 4,000 a month! That low?

Thanks.

Ok Bedans. No need to argue.

Let us just extend our good luck to Mike B. It was his personal choice. If we are to believe what FGT is saying, the kid will be sacrificing a lot. The P 4,000 allowance would not even be enough to buy him the needed nutritional supplement to beef up. Tapos and gimmick nung bata. Ala nang pang date.

FGT, do you really think it's only P4,000 a month? You guys are actually starving your players to death. But they still keep on knocking on your doors. What is your secret in La Salle? ;D

danny
06-01-2006, 03:08 PM

Danny,
welcome aboard,i can hear you laughing all the way from Canada while posting.

okay back to your regular program.

Pareng toti, tapos na boxing dito. Kawawa naman pala si Mike. Masyado ang sakripisyong aabutin sa La Salle.

Wala nang hihirit. Tama na. Huwag kayong makulit. ;D

LION
06-01-2006, 03:08 PM
FGT,

Officially, your school gives P4,000.00 a month. *Officially, SBC does give any money to the players.

But we are not talking of the "officially" here.

Am surprised you don't know what we mean by "contractuals". That word was oftentimes used by your school, and because of that word, *your school was just found to be "negligent" instead of the graver sin of "knowingly" and "fraudulently" violating the UAAP rules.

danny
06-01-2006, 03:28 PM
I honestly really don't know the offer made to Mike (kahit patayin nyo pa ko at this moment) and if ever meron ngang offer talaga that was made, mga alumni na ang gumagawa nyan which is hindi paswelduhan ng school so walang control ang school dyan sa issue na yan. So kung magagalit man kayo, it should be on the alumni who's taking care of the players and not the school itself.

Nobody from the "rogue" alumni will ever admit to the fact that money was indeed offered. No amount of convincing on the part of our Booster will also be accpeted as factual.

I am giving La Salle, the institution, the benefit of the doubt. As for the shenanigans of your "rogue" alumni, there's really nothing we can do about it. Right?

Is La Salle playing blind to the bidding war that those "rogue" alumni are doing in the name of the green school? Ahhh...You wouldn't know either. Nobody from your side posting here is in the know.

Not even FGT who believes that P4,000 or up to P5,000 per month is the only allowance your players get. No additional funds from the alumni? ;D

I suggest you close this thread.

toti_mendiola
06-01-2006, 03:34 PM
^ Pahinga muna ako sandali. this Lion will just attend a meeting.* Will be back to fight the pack of hyenas.

Tingnan natin.

FGT, Burtscher is the fact. He is now with you.* *You already admitted that he went to you, and that you "accomodated" him.* What is there to prove?* That he went to you without any offer of money?* You think people will believe that?* Why are you afraid to admit that you offered money? Some of the Ateneans here already said that they do not see anything wrong with offering money. So admit it. That is your system right?

So what will you do now just to prove us wrong? Dismiss Burtscher because he is "expendable"?* *Tsk tsk.* Kawawang bata.

Classic response.

How much is tha allowance* you give to your players?

Let us assume that Mike was bluffing the San Beda* Boosters about La Salle's offer. Probably Mike wanted the Bedan Boosters to increase his allowance in parity with La Salle.

Magkano nga ba ang allowance nila diyan ng malaman namin kung bluff lang yung figure na ibinigay niya.* ;D

Holy* cow! P 4,000 a month! That low?

Thanks.

Let us just extend our good luck to Mike B. It was his personal choice. If we are to believe what FGT is saying, the kid will be* sacrificing a lot.* The* P 4,000 allowance would not even be enough to buy him the needed nutritional supplement to beef up.* Tapos and gimmick nung bata. Ala nang pang date.

FGT, do you really think it's only P4,000 a month?* You guys are actually starving your players to death.* But* they still keep on knocking on your doors.* What is your secret in La Salle? ;D

Danny,
Pare, baka naman labas na sa allowances yung supplements. Baka pinoprovide na yun ng mga sponsors. The amount of P4,000.00 per month as allowance is reasonable.

U.I.O.G.D.

danny
06-01-2006, 03:38 PM

Tingnan natin.

Classic response.

Holy cow! P 4,000 a month! That low?

Thanks.

Let us just extend our good luck to Mike B. It was his personal choice. If we are to believe what FGT is saying, the kid will be sacrificing a lot. The P 4,000 allowance would not even be enough to buy him the needed nutritional supplement to beef up. Tapos and gimmick nung bata. Ala nang pang date.

FGT, do you really think it's only P4,000 a month? You guys are actually starving your players to death. But they still keep on knocking on your doors. What is your secret in La Salle? ;D

Danny,

Pare, baka naman labas na sa allowances yung supplements. Baka pinoprovide na yun ng mga sponsors. The amount of P4,000.00 per month as allowance is reasonable.

U.I.O.G.D.

;D ;Pare wala... yun lang talaga ang total na nakukuha ni Mike... wala..walang binibigay ang mga alumni nila....promise ;D

bigfreeze_bibby
06-01-2006, 03:47 PM
We have stated our version of the issue and you have your own story. Our players are being taken cared of by the alumni as I've said in my previous post aside from the allowances that they get from school in case na may alumni na nag-aalaga nga sa kanila because there are some players who can survive because maganda naman ang status ng family nila financially just like TY and JV and di naman din namin alam (as far as I am concerned di ko na inaalam yan because di ko rin naman kilala yung mga alumni na nag-aalaga ng mga players namin and it is none of my business anymore) kung magkano ang binibigay nila at kung ano pa ang binibigay nila dun sa player.

We have our own story that we believe in and you have yours too and I respect that. We defended both institutions already. The school can't control these alumni because di naman nga sila nasa payroll ng school and they do it in their freewill and in their own decision to help the school and the players themselves. This has gone too far and I feel that both sides have already stated their views, sentiments, and feelings about this matter so it is time that this thread be closed.