2:00pm Adamson vs FEU (Juniors)
4:00pm Adamson vs FEU (Seniors)

5 August 2006, Saturday Venue: TBA

2:00pm UP vs UE (Seniors)
4:00pm UST vs Ateneo (Seniors)

Schedule is subject to change without prior notice

full battle gear
05-27-2006, 10:30 PM
Significant change from past years is the placement of a Juniors game at 2pm on Saturdays. I take that to mean less televised games for the Seniors games.

Why do I suspect this will earn the ire of a lot of fans? Oh well. Let the games begin.

5FootCarrot
05-28-2006, 08:25 AM
*rubs eyes, peers at schedule for nth time*

Is it just me or is there no Ateneo vs UP juniors game on the schedule posted? ???

jancarlo
05-28-2006, 12:22 PM
Yeah I think the schedule is still incomplete. :)

green_minded
05-28-2006, 04:24 PM
wow! One QC venue....the rest are in Manila. :o

oca
05-28-2006, 07:58 PM
wow! One QC venue....the rest are in Manila.* :o

I am not surprised.

Take note UE is host. They are strong contenders to win this year's basketball title.

Why would they accord Ateneo the comfort of hosting the games on weekdays at the BEG ?

They'll make sure Ateneo plays in a "neutral venue". Make it "uncomfortable" for the Ateneo fans to come to the games.

Even Araneta is hardly a neutral venue for Ateneo. Masyadong madali ang buhay ng supporters nila kung sa QC lagi ang laban.

With games at a neutral venue, who knows, it may just increase the chances of Ateneo losing more games than expected.

Who will benefit then...

oca
05-28-2006, 08:06 PM
Buhay na naman ang scalpers...mas matindi pa ang mga iyan duon sa mga nakaposisyon sa Araneta!

Making matters worse for the "casual fans" is the seating at Ninoy and Rizal are usually "free seating".

Kahit bumili ka ng ticket sa sarili mong pamantasan, malamang wala pa rin yan seat number.

Second game kayo? May ringside , lower box or upper box ticket ka na? Pumasok ka na during the first game para maka-upo ka sa magandang section.

Ipagdasal niyo, ipatupad nila ang seat numbers. Kundi...magulo at pahirapan yan.

shyboy
05-28-2006, 10:12 PM
wow! One QC venue....the rest are in Manila.* :o

I am not surprised.

Take note UE is host. They are strong contenders to win this year's basketball title.

Why would they accord Ateneo the comfort of hosting the games on weekdays at the BEG ?

They'll make sure Ateneo plays in a "neutral venue". Make it "uncomfortable" for the Ateneo fans to come to the games.

Even Araneta is hardly a neutral venue for Ateneo. Masyadong madali ang buhay ng supporters nila kung sa QC lagi ang laban.

With games at a neutral venue, who knows, it may just increase the chances of Ateneo losing more games than expected.

Who will benefit then...

Okay lang yan. Last year naman, panay BEG and Araneta ang games which made it difficult for six UAAP teams located in Manila. At least ngayon dalawang teams lang mahihirapan. ;)

The venue isn't much of a factor really. Remember Ateneo's loss to UST at the BEG last year? That was crucial to Ateneo's quest for a top two slot and a twice-to-beat advantage in the Final Four.

jancarlo
05-28-2006, 10:33 PM
Basta naman support, hindi naman aatras ang Ateneo.

Parang dati, sa Cuneta Astrodome ang game, kahit na malayo dami pa ring Ateneans na pumunta. Isa pa ay yung kahapon sa EAC, marami-rami rin ang pumunta considering na maraming nagsasabi na FMC is a so-so league only. :)

Kid Cubao
05-29-2006, 05:54 AM
kung sa ninoy at rizal memorial ang UAAP playing venues, i just hope this year's hosts will be gracious enough to ensure that the facilities are refurbished and cleaned up in time for the season. of course it'll help that ninoy aquino stadium was used as a competition venue in the 2005 SEA games, kaya siguro di na ganun kahirap ang pagpapaganda ng lugar.

gameface_one
05-29-2006, 09:43 AM
UAAP basketball games return to Rizal Memorial
abs-cbnnews.com

Top-rate college hoops returns to the scene of many historic feats in Philippine sports as Season 69 of the University Athletic Association of the Philippines goes back to the Rizal Memorial Sports Complex.

Basketball competitions in Season 69, which multititled University of the East is hosting, will be played alternately at the historic complex in Malate, Manila and the Ninoy Aquino Stadium just a stone’s throw away from the Rizal Memorial.

"We’re returning to the cradle of Philippine sports," said Season 69 president Luz Sta. Ana of UE. "Rizal Memorial is the Rizal Memorial which we all know has a rich heritage in Philippine sports."

The Philippine Sports Commission headed by William Ramirez initiated the return to Rizal.

Except for the curtain raiser on opening day on July 8 at the Araneta Coliseum in Cubao, games will be at the Rizal facilities again on Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays. ABS-CBN through Studio 23 will again be airing the games on those play dates.

The Rizal Memorial is the hub of Philippine sports. It was built in 1934 primarily for baseball, football, basketball, athletics and swimming. It was at the Rizal Memorial Coliseum where the careers of Filipino cage greats started.

The complex also currently houses the offices of the PSC and the Philippine Olympic Committee and several national sports associations.

full battle gear
05-30-2006, 12:35 PM
TENTATIVE FIRST ROUND SCHEDULE
JUNIOR DIVISION

9 July 2006, Sunday Venue: Ninoy Aquino Stadium

9:00am NU vs. ADMU
11:00am UE vs. FEU
2:00pm UST vs. Admson

12 July 2006, Wednesday Venue: UST Gym

8:00am UP vs. FEU
10:00am NU vs. Adamson
12:00pm UE vs. UST

15 July 2006, Saturday Venue: Ninoy Aquino Stadium

9:00am ADMU vs. Adamson
11:00am UP vs. UST
2:00pm UE vs. NU

22 July 2006, Saturday Venue: Ninoy Aquino Stadium

9:00am UP vs. NU
11:00am FEU vs. UST
2:00pm ADMU vs. UE

26 July 2006, Wednesday Venue: Adamson Gym

8:00am Adamson vs. UE
10:00am FEU vs. NU
12:00pm ADMU vs. UP

29 July 2006, Saturday Venue: Ninoy Aquino Stadium

9:00am FEU vs. ADMU
11:00am Adamson vs. UP
2:00pm UST vs. NU

3 August 2006, Thursday Venue: Ninoy Aquino Stadium

9:00am UE vs. UP
11:00am UST vs. ADMU
2:00pm Adamson vs. FEU

full battle gear
05-30-2006, 12:46 PM
TENTATIVE FIRST ROUND SCHEDULE
WOMEN'S DIVISION

16 July 2006, Sunday Venue: UST Gym

8:00am NU vs. Adamson
10:00am UE vs. UP
12:00pm UST vs. FEU

19 July 2006, Wednesday Venue: Blue Eagle Gym

8:00am ADMU vs. UP
10:00am NU vs. FEU
12:00pm UE vs. UST

23 July 2006, Sunday Venue: UE Gym

8:00am NU vs. UE
10:00am ADMU vs. UST
12:00pm Adamson vs. FEU

27 July 2006, Thursday Venue: Adamson Gym

8:00am UP vs. UST
10:00am Adamson vs. UE
12:00pm ADMU vs. NU

30 July 2006, Sunday Venue: UE Gym

8:00am UP vs. UST
10:00am FEU vs. UE
12:00pm Adamson vs. ADMU

2 August 2006, Wednesday Venue: UP Gym

8:00am UST vs. NU
10:00am FEU vs. ADMU
12:00pm UP vs. Adamson

5 August 2006, Saturday Venue: FEU Gym

8:00am UE vs. ADMU
10:00am UST vs. Adamson
12:00pm FEU vs. UP

paralusi
05-31-2006, 02:30 PM
"We’re returning to the cradle of Philippine sports," said Season 69 president Luz Sta. Ana of UE. "Rizal Memorial is the Rizal Memorial which we all know has a rich heritage in Philippine sports."

c'mon folks. it's the "rich heritage."

maybe ms. sta. ana can repeat her statement over and over until i believe her.

francis_arnaiz
06-01-2006, 11:10 PM
pwede ba atleast yung ateneo-uo game gawin man lang nilang loyola or araneta. parehong mahihirapan ang fans ng both teams. akala ko ba opening game to? bakit biglang NU kalaban? geesh

gameface_one
06-02-2006, 06:41 AM
Warriors vs Falcons in opener
abs-cbnnews.com

Host University of the East tests its mettle immediately on the July 8 opening of Season 69 of the University Athletic Association of the Philippines when the Red Warriors take on the Soaring Falcons of Adamson U at the Araneta Coliseum.

The Warriors-Falcons match is set at 2 p.m. immediately after the hour-long opening ceremony prepared by host UE.

The day’s other match in the opener of the season, which has the theme "Achieving Excellence in Sports Through Unity, Harmony and Commitment," pits Ateneo de Manila against National U at 2.

UE was fourth in Season 68, where it won 10 of its 14 elimination matches—and eventually wound up third for the season after the semifinals—while Adamson was seventh with 3-11.

Defending champion Far Eastern University drew an opening-day bye in the seven-team men’s basketball tournament and will only show its stuff on July 15 against UE at the Ninoy Aquino Stadium.

Except for the opener and probably the last day of the eliminations, the men’s matches and a few juniors basketball games will be played at the refurbished, air-conditioned Ninoy Aquino Stadium. Some games will be played at the Rizal Memorial Coliseum, according to Season 69 secretary-treasurer Rolando Perez of host UE.

Also for Season 69, league president Luz Santa Ana announced a home-and-away format for the juniors and women’s basketball matches and revealed the holding of beach volleyball as a demonstration sport set in the middle of the first semester.

Another innovation is the scheduling of the volleyball tournament for the second semester of Season 69. The women’s volleyball games will be aired over Studio 23.

In lieu of the volleyball games, the UAAP has moved competitions in judo and tae kwon do from the second semester to the first semester.

The FEU Tamaraws swept its race-to-two finals against De La Salle University, which is serving a year’s suspension this season. The Tamaraws topped last year’s eliminations with 12 wins and two losses, while De La Salle and Ateneo had the same 10-4 records as UE.

University of the Philippines, now mentored by the comebacking Joe Lipa, was fifth in Season 68 at 6-8, followed by Santo Tomas with 4-10, Adamson and NU with 1-13.

gameface_one
06-02-2006, 06:41 AM
UE-Adamson clash kicks off UAAP wars

First posted 04:32am (Mla time) June 02, 2006
Inquirer

Editor's Note: Published on page A29 of the June 2, 2006 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer

HOST University of the East tests the potential of the Warriors against the Adamson University Falcons in the opening match of the University Athletic Association of the Philippines’ Season 69 on July 8 at the Araneta Coliseum in Quezon City.

The Warriors-Falcons match is set at 2 p.m. immediately after the hour-long kick-off ceremony to be highlighted by the traditional opening “palabas” (program) prepared by the host school.

Ateneo de Manila University and National University tangle at 4 p.m. in the day’s other match.

UE was fourth in last year’s eliminations with a 10-4 record and eventually wound up third for the season after the semifinals. Adamson was seventh with a 3-11 slate.

Defending champion Far Eastern University drew an opening-day bye in the seven-team men’s basketball tournament and will only show its stuff on July 15 against UE at the Ninoy Aquino Stadium in Manila.

Except for the opener and probably the last day of the eliminations, the varsity and a few juniors basketball matches will be played at the newly refurbished and air-conditioned Ninoy Aquino Stadium. Some games will be played at the Rizal Memorial Coliseum, according to Season 69 secretary-treasurer Rolando Perez of host UE.

Also for Season 69, league president Luz Sta. Ana announced a home-and-away format for the juniors and women’s basketball matches and the holding of beach volleyball as a demonstration sport set in the middle of the first semester.

Another innovation is the scheduling of the volleyball tournament for the second semester of Season 69. The women’s volleyball games will be aired over TV station Studio 23.

In lieu of the volleyball games, the UAAP has moved competitions in judo and taekwondo from the second semester to the first semester.

The FEU Tamaraws swept the best-of-three finals against De La Salle University, which will be serving a year’s suspension this season in the wake of the eligibility scandal involving two Archers.

The Tamaraws topped last year’s eliminations with 12 wins and two losses, while De La Salle and Ateneo had the same 10-4 records as the Warriors of UE.

University of the Philippines, now mentored by the returning Joe Lipa, was fifth in Season 68 at 6-8, followed by University of Santo Tomas at 4-10, and NU at 1-13.

Elmer Yanga, who served as manager and team representative of the RFM Corp. squad in the Philippine Basketball League (PBL) and Philippine Basketball Association (PBA) until his retirement several years ago, takes over from Lipa as commissioner with Ato Badolato as his assistant.

The theme for this season is “Achieving Excellence in Sports Through Unity, Harmony and Commitment.”

admuhs_upengg
06-30-2006, 10:05 PM
From ,watching the ongoing NCAA games on TV being played at the NAS, it looks like a really small stadium with only a few seats in what I am assuming is the lower box area. What if you get stuck watching the game from the bleachers? There's a stupid fence obstructing the view. I don't understand this at all. Ateneo, FEU, UE, UST and UP attract quite a lot of spectators. Games between any 2 of these 5 teams can fill up about 2/3rds of the Araneta. I hope they rethink their venues.

vannnesssa
07-01-2006, 12:05 AM
how much are the tickets? I was thinking of buying ringside tickets... magkano ba? I've never been to Ninoy Aquino Stadium so hindi ko po alam kung okay bang bumili ako ng ringside tickets... what do you think? :-\

bchoter
07-04-2006, 10:54 PM
how much are the tickets? I was thinking of buying ringside tickets... magkano ba? I've never been to Ninoy Aquino Stadium so hindi ko po alam kung okay bang bumili ako ng ringside tickets... what do you think?* :-\
It's 150 at the lower box and 100 at the upper box

AnthonyServinio
07-04-2006, 11:12 PM
July 8 (Saturday) -- Araneta Coliseum
2:00 1 East vs Adamson
4:00 2 National vs Ateneo

July 9 (Sunday) -- Ninoy Aquino Stadium
4:00 3 Santo Tomas vs UP-Diliman

July 13 (Thursday) -- Rizal Memorial Coliseum
2:00 4 UP-Diliman vs National
4:00 5 Adamson vs Santo Tomas

July 15 (Saturday) -- Ninoy Aquino Stadium
4:00 6 Far Eastern vs East

July 16 (Sunday) -- Ninoy Aquino Stadium
2:00 7 National vs Adamson
4:00 8 Ateneo vs UP-Diliman

July 20 (Thursday) -- Ninoy Aquino Stadium
2:00 9 Adamson vs Ateneo
4:00 10 Santo Tomas vs Far Eastern

July 22 (Saturday) -- Ninoy Aquino Stadium
4:00 11 Far Eastern vs National

July 23 (Sunday) -- Ninoy Aquino Stadium
2:00 12 UP-Diliman vs Adamson
4:00 13 East vs Santo Tomas

July 27 (Thursday) -- Ninoy Aquino Stadium
2:00 14 National vs East
4:00 15 Ateneo vs Far Eastern

July 29 (Saturday) -- Ninoy Aquino Stadium
4:00 16 Santo Tomas vs National

July 30 (Sunday) -- Ninoy Aquino Stadium
2:00 17 Far Eastern vs UP-Diliman
4:00 18 East vs Ateneo

August 3 (Thursday) -- Ninoy Aquino Stadium
4:00 19 Adamson vs Far Eastern

August 5 (Saturday) -- Araneta Coliseum
2:00 20 UP-Diliman vs East
4:00 21 Ateneo vs Santo Tomas
**END OF FIRST ROUND**

cricketlachica
07-06-2006, 08:06 PM

What's your definition of a Neutral Venue? I understand that the Blue Eagle Gym isn't a neutral venue because it's inside Ateneo. But if you consider the Araneta Coliseum not neutral, then I don't know you definition na, hehe.

Anyway, I'm still disappointed that La Salle won't be able to play this year. Tuwing ADMU-LaSalle lang naman ako nanonood talaga eh, haha.

Posterized
07-06-2006, 09:36 PM
Anyway, I'm still disappointed that La Salle won't be able to play this year. Tuwing ADMU-LaSalle lang naman ako nanonood talaga eh, haha.

You're on the wrong site then.

crazybedan
07-07-2006, 01:31 AM
warning lang fellow UAAP supporters hehehe sa NINOY AQUINO STADIUM my side na walang upuan,ang upuan ay bakal :'( though malamig at maluwag ang court :)...

fraternizer
07-10-2006, 11:39 AM
warning lang fellow UAAP supporters hehehe sa NINOY AQUINO STADIUM my side na walang upuan,ang upuan ay bakal :'( though malamig at maluwag ang court :)...

The Ninoy Aquino is one lousy stadium. For the uninitiated, tickets are P55 for General Admission, P110 for Upper Box and P180 for Lower Box. I've always preferred the perspective from an elevated position fronting center court, so I opted to get an Upper Box ticket. Big mistake. When I got to the less populated side opposite the main entrance, I thought there were benches instead of the usual fiberglass seats. Upon closer examination, what appeared to be benches were pairs of railings where the seats were supposed to be bolted on. The braver souls made do with balancing their posterior on one rail or setting themselves down between the pair. I headed for the nearest seat and ended up at one end of the court with a good vista of the near backboard's behind. It doesn't end there. The stadium designer seemed more concerned about preventing cheaper ticket holders from getting into the more expensive areas so the fences that separate the galleries were made from thick pipes and square metal mesh. He or she obviously did not care what the views of the court were from General Admission and Upper Box, as long as the paying public stayed in the area they properly paid for. We are all familar with tennis match spectators who move their heads in unison, looking from one side of the court to the other as the point is played out. If you face the Ninoy Aquino crowd during a basketball game, you'd see those seated in General Admission and Upper Box bobbing their heads up and down, laboring to follow the movement of the ball since their views of the court are bisected horizontally by the top pipes of the fences. I'm not unfamiliar with almost hanging from the rafters drenched in sweat at dilapidated venues like the tight Rizal Memorial, so airconditioning and a more spacious playing area, for me, cannot compensate for an obstructed appreciation of the game.

venom
07-12-2006, 03:34 PM
Wait till you get to the Rizal Memorial :'(

BigBlue
07-13-2006, 09:11 AM
was watching ABS-CBN this morning. Julius Babao read an announcement from TJ Manotoc: No UAAP Games today. Can anyone confirm?

elmars
07-13-2006, 10:02 PM
i guess thats the reason why they just showed replays of last sat and sun's games.

elmars
07-17-2006, 02:38 PM
is it possible to buy tickets a day before a game or you really jut have to buy them once you get to rizal or ninoy?

Legal Eagle
07-18-2006, 05:34 PM
This just in ... some changes in the UAAP Men's Basketball Schedule for August:

Aug 3* * Thurs* * * *NAS* * * *2 pm* * *UP vs. NU
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * 4 pm* * *AdU vs. UST

Aug 5* * Sat* * * * * NAS* * * * 4 pm* * *AdU vs. FEU

Aug 6* * Sun* * * * *Araneta* * 2 pm* * UP vs. UE
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *4 pm* * ADMU vs. UST

full battle gear
08-08-2006, 12:35 PM
TENTATIVE SCHEDULE FOR THE SECOND ROUND
SENIORS DIVISION

12 August 2006, Saturday Venue: ULTRA

4:00pm FEU vs Adamson

13 August 2006, Sunday Venue: ULTRA

2:00pm UP vs NU
4:00pm UST vs UE

17 August 2006, Thursday Venue: ULTRA

2:00pm FEU vs UP
4:00pm Adamson vs Ateneo

19 August 2006, Saturday Venue: ULTRA

4:00pm UST vs NU

20 August 2006, Sunday Venue: Araneta Coliseum

2:00pm Ateneo vs UP
4:00pm UE vs FEU

24 August 2006, Thursday Venue: Ninoy Aquino Stadium

2:00pm UE vs NU
4:00pm UST vs FEU

26 August 2006, Saturday Venue: Ninoy Aquino Stadium

4:00pm Adamson vs UP

27 August 2006, Sunday Venue: ULTRA

2:00pm NU vs FEU
4:00pm Ateneo vs UST

31 August 2006, Thursday Venue: Ninoy Aquino Stadium

2:00pm UP vs UST
4:00pm UE vs Adamson

2 September 2006, Saturday Venue: ULTRA

4:00pm NU vs Ateneo

3 September 2006, Sunday Venue: ULTRA

2:00pm Adamson vs UST
4:00pm UP vs UE

7 September 2006, Thursday Venue: ULTRA

2:00pm NU vs Adamson
4:00pm Ateneo vs FEU

9 September 2006, Saturday Venue: ULTRA

4:00pm Ateneo vs UE

AnthonyServinio
09-28-2006, 01:44 PM
* * *HERE is the revised UAAP 69 Finals schedule after today's games were reset due to bad weather:

September 30 (Sat) - Araneta Coliseum
12:00PM Santo Tomas vs. Far Eastern (Women, Game Three)
2:00PM Ateneo vs. FERN (Juniors, Game Three)
4:00PM Ateneo vs. Santo Tomas (Seniors, Game Two)

October 2 (Mon) - Araneta Coliseum
3:00PM Santo Tomas vs. Ateneo (Seniors, Game Three if needed)

Note: Schedule subject to change.

Mel
09-29-2006, 04:46 AM
‘Milenyo’ shuts down Metro

The Philippine Star 09/29/2006

Typhoon "Milenyo" — the strongest to hit Metro Manila in 11 years — slammed into the metropolis and parts of Luzon and the Visayas yesterday, killing at least 15 people and leaving behind widespread destruction.

More than 40 million people were without electricity after the typhoon, packing winds of 130 kilometers per hour, destroyed power lines in Metro Manila and other parts of Luzon.

The storm toppled trees and triggered landslides, blocking some provincial roads. School authorities suspended classes, flights were canceled, ferry boats were grounded, the country’s financial markets were halted, and officials were forced to suspend the operation of two commuter trains in Metro Manila as the typhoon wiped out all normal activity.

Classes at all levels in Metro Manila remain suspended today. Work in government offices, except those engaged in health, security and disaster relief and response, also remain suspended. Work in private companies is up to the discretion of employers, Malacañang said.

Milenyo was the strongest typhoon to directly hit Metro Manila in 11 years, after super typhoon Rosing, packing 260 kph, battered the metropolis and nearby provinces in November 1995, leaving 936 people dead.

All domestic and international flights will be operated according to published schedules, including three regional flights from Manila to Nagoya, Kansai and Narita, PAL said. The three flights were originally scheduled to leave yesterday but were reset for today due to the storm.

The Philippine Coast Guard reported that over 4,000 ferry passengers were stranded in various ports in the Visayas, Bicol, Central and Southern Luzon.

The much-awaited UAAP basketball championship game between the University of Sto. Tomas and the Ateneo de Manila University was also postponed.

Agent 008
09-29-2006, 09:32 AM
Given the current power conditions, will Game 2 still push through tomorrow (Sat)?