PDA

View Full Version : MISSION: Command & Conquer FMC-Nike Summer League

The General
04-24-2006, 01:07 AM
EAC Generals started its mission last April 21, 2006 to shot down the SBC Lions 83-78. There was no stopping the Generals to pull away in the 1st half,piling a 15 pt lead. the 3rd and 4th quarter was a different story, with SBC pushing themselves to rally cutting down the lead by two points, but the 5 Star General of EAC Ronjay Buenafe fired two 3 pointers with Nico Hubalde also scoring a long 3, the SBC lions lost their momentum.

The Games of the Generals:

EAC vs.DLSU TAFT 2PM april 26, 2006 Wednesday

Lets march to victory!

::)

Sam Miguel
04-24-2006, 02:12 PM
General, for those of us unfamiliar with EAC basketball, who are the players to watch on this lineup for the FMC? I know Ronjay Buenafe is still there, as is Musngi (forgot the first name), but apart from these two I have no clue who to watch on your team.

The General
04-25-2006, 01:38 AM
General, for those of us unfamiliar with EAC basketball, who are the players to watch on this lineup for the FMC? I know Ronjay Buenafe is still there, as is Musngi (forgot the first name), but apart from these two I have no clue who to watch on your team.

our team's support cast are the following:

gester ebuen * *6'3 point guard/offguard/forward
his multiple positions can wreck havock to opponents scouting.hes been consistent the past games

nico hibalde * * *6'0 off guard the youngest son of freddie hubalde
the high flying guard will soon show his worth in the eac generals

jr manansala * *5'11" off guard son of jimmy manansala
the man who shot the winning free throw in game 3 of the UCAA championship versus DLSU DASMA

alain musni * * * 6'5" center not musngi...
the vastly improved starting center of the generals.

michael babay * 6'3" forward
the starting forward of the generals can shoot the daylights at any given opportunity.

karlo castillo * * 5'10" point guard
the fast and the furious. KC can deliver the goods.

john valderama * 5'11" shooting guard
this fella can deliver the spark at crunch time.

bjorn casibang * 6'1" off guard
newest member of the team. 2005 nike summer league mvp. watch out for the new hotshot of the generals.

mark anzures * * 6'3" forward
all muscle, will never back down, will never show fear.

thanks sam miguel

BLUE HORSE
04-25-2006, 07:02 AM
Wasn't Chito Jaime part of the team? Did he transfer?

gameface_one
04-25-2006, 07:38 AM
Wasn't Chito Jaime part of the team?* Did he transfer?

Kindly go thru the other topics and threads in this sub-forum. This was already previously discussed.

The General
04-27-2006, 01:21 AM
GENERALS HIT THE BULLS EYE OVER THE ARCHERS!

Let me describe the game of the EAC Generals vs. dlsu taft as one of the finest games in the FMC.....not that the generals really played well, actually they survived because of defense. it was a come from behind victory. the generals missed more than 12 free throws and committed a lot of turn overs. what kept them in the game was their preparation. the coaching staff scouted the dlsu well. it was a low scoring ball game 53-49.

its still a long way to go. one game at a time.

GAMES OF THE GENERALS:

May 2, 2006
EAC* VS. SSC-CAVITE 2PM

Lets pack the place!!!

GO GENERALS!!!! ;D

Joescoundrel
05-01-2006, 03:17 PM
Dalawang liga ba sinalihan ng EAC this summer? They beat UP in the PICAA game last Saturday. Are they competing in the PICAA anf FMC at the same time? And I noticed Nino Songco was playing...

The General
05-03-2006, 12:31 AM
Dalawang liga ba sinalihan ng EAC this summer? They beat UP in the PICAA game last Saturday. Are they competing in the PICAA anf FMC at the same time? And I noticed Nino Songco was playing...

Yes, the Generals is competing on both the PICAA and the FMC-NSL. nino songco reinforced the picaa eac line-up along with 4 ex EAC varsity darwin carlo de guzman, ace castillo, ryan tejada, chris evangelista.to match up with the picaa teams reinforced by ex pba, ex pbl and currently nbc players. the core of the present eac generals takes a big chunk of exposure in the picaa. this is the prototype of the future pbl eac line-up.

Joescoundrel
05-03-2006, 01:21 PM
General, si Gester Ebuen ba ay anak ni Gen Chester Ebuen ng Philippine Air Force?

The General
05-04-2006, 12:00 AM
General, si Gester Ebuen ba ay anak ni Gen Chester Ebuen ng Philippine Air Force?

even their* first names rhymes. gester/chester...if this general hails from zambales eh kamaganak ni gester.

what i know about him is that gester came to us 3 yrs. ago from university of baguio. his mother is from tarlac.

he was always injured when he started with us, even with injury preventive tapes. until we found ways to make his ankles stable. now we tape him without the mueller prowrap. mueller tape lang. he has found himself as one of the vital cogs of the generals. its a tough first and 2nd year, for gester, he had to get rid of his temper tantrums. he has matured and keeps focus game after game.
general gester ebuen of the EAC Generals. ::)

LION
05-04-2006, 08:27 AM
I saw Gester play against SBC's "try out team" in the opening of the FMC - Nike Summer League. I think he is the second best player in your team at this time, next only to Ronjay Buenafe. However, while Buenafe is a one dimensional player (but one hell of a scorer), Gester is more of the all-around player type. Parang Scottie Pippen.

About his temper, I recall a fastbreak play for EAC in that game. Gester drove against 2 SBC players, one of them is Chico Tirona (I can't recall the other player). The 2 SBC players of course contested his drive and went after the ball trying to block his attempt. Chico and Gester went down and Gester cushioned his fall with his arms and he hurt his right arm in the process. Since Gester was hurting, Chico went to him either to apologize (albeit no fault of Chico) or to ask if he was ok (Chico is a good guy and not a tough/rough/dirty player) but Gester was obviously mad and brushed him off.

Despite that incident, I think that Gester will eventually become a 5 star general in your team. :)

The General
05-05-2006, 01:10 AM
I saw Gester play against SBC's "try out team" in the opening of the FMC - Nike Summer League. I think he is the second best player in your team at this time, next only to Ronjay Buenafe. However, while Buenafe is a one dimensional player (but one hell of a scorer), Gester is more of the all-around player type. Parang Scottie Pippen.

About his temper, I recall a fastbreak play for EAC in that game.* Gester drove against 2 SBC players, one of them* is Chico Tirona (I can't recall the other player).* The 2 SBC players of course contested his drive and went after the ball trying to block his attempt. Chico and Gester went down and Gester cushioned his fall with his arms and he hurt his right arm in the process.* Since Gester was hurting, Chico went to him either to apologize (albeit no fault of Chico) or to ask if he was ok (Chico is a good guy and not a tough/rough/dirty player) but Gester was obviously mad and brushed him off.

Despite that incident,* I think that Gester will eventually become a 5 star general in your team.* :)

you are right Lion,when the game is on the line, gester was there to deliver. in the game 3 of the best of 3 championship of the UCAA, dlsu dasma was leading by 12 points in the last 4 minutes. gester outmanaeuvered his man for 6 straight points until the rest of the guys like ronjay buenafe, kc castillo and alain musni helped in getting back. 1 free throw made it happened in a 70 all deadlock with no time left.it may clearly appear that jr manansala delivered the winning free throw but gester gave the spark. gester wants to apologize for his attitude towards tirona. he just thought he didnt need any helped from the sbc side, well thats how he thinks of competition.nothing personal.

LION
05-05-2006, 07:35 AM
^ No problem with us General. Nothing personal indeed. Our guys are ok. Good luck to your team. Ilang beses na ninyong tinalo ang San Beda.

Btw, nice gym you have too. Truly impressive.

bchoter
05-06-2006, 02:07 AM
Is Bjorn Casibang's dad a judge from a northern town?

Wang-Bu
05-08-2006, 04:29 PM
May player ba kayong JEFF LAPITAN?

Taga-Los Banos. What position does he play?

The General
05-11-2006, 09:03 PM
^ No problem with us General.* Nothing personal indeed. Our guys are ok. Good luck to your team.* Ilang beses na ninyong tinalo ang San Beda.*

Btw, nice gym you have too. Truly impressive.*

thanks again Lion. we look forward in playing host to leagues like the FMC......

The General
05-11-2006, 09:04 PM
Is Bjorn Casibang's dad a judge from a northern town?

Last year's NSL MVP Bjorn Casibang's father works in PAGCOR....thanks for the query!

The General
05-11-2006, 09:05 PM
May player ba kayong JEFF LAPITAN?

Taga-Los Banos. What position does he play?

yes,an ex SFACS Jeff Lapitan transferred to EAC. He plays center.

The General
05-21-2006, 11:16 PM
your EAC Generals is now 5 wins (sbc, dlsu-taft,ssc-cavite, lyceum and ateneo de naga)0 loss. we have crossed the half-way mark.

games ahead will be:

may 27
eac vs. ust 12:30 pm

may 31
eac vs. letran 3:30 pm

GO FOR THE SWEEP!

Out_Of_The_Blue
05-31-2006, 10:47 PM
General, can you give us your insight as to what really happened in that game against Letran this afternoon?

The General
06-01-2006, 01:50 AM
General, can you give us your insight as to what really happened in that game against Letran this afternoon?

the fight marred game vs. letran occured in the 3rd quarter less than 4 minutes left. knights bigman facundo threw out a nasty elbow to generals lapitan. coming down the midcourt after the timeout of letran with score of 52-50 in favor of knights, generals anzures after witnessing the manhandling of facundo to his teammate lapitan, anzures confronted facundo. it was that time the commotion started with both players throwing punches and facundo doing a karate kick.... the entire bench of letran went in compared to the eac with one 4 tried to get in the action. the fmc decided to threw out all letran players except 4. coach louie choose to forfeit instead continuing with only four players with 2 in foul trouble....
it was an ugly finish for the EAC Generals sweeping the group b and eliminating letran in contention. ssc cavite benefited in the generals victory.

GO GENERALS!

gameface_one
06-07-2006, 10:27 AM
Cackler will do a blow by blow coverage of the FMC Semifinals this afternoon, June 7, 2006.

EAC vs SSC-Cavite Venue: EAC Generals Headquarters 3:00pm

UE vs. ADMU Venue: Red Warriors' Camp 4:30pm

cackler
06-07-2006, 01:57 PM
One hour before game time.

I better heat water for my coffee later . . . must stack on crackers too.

cackler
06-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Warm up na . . . .

Lintek . . . malamig pa rin ang tubig . . . . ayun . . . hindi ko kasi naisaksak ng mabuti.

Kung nandito lang sana si Inday, naisaksak ko nang mabuti tapos iinit na.

Hay naku.

cackler
06-07-2006, 03:27 PM
Hey . . . looks like a tough match.

Both teams brought their drums and are blaring.

7 all 5:13 in the first.

cackler
06-07-2006, 03:30 PM
12 - 11, lamang ang Baste with 3:21 remaining in the first.

cackler
06-07-2006, 03:32 PM
14 to 12, EAC on top with 2:51 left in the first.

Magdadaro scores for Baste to tie.

Both squads playing good defense.

cackler
06-07-2006, 03:33 PM
1:48 remaining.

Baste playing man to man and EAC is responding with the same.

Score tied for the Stags and the Generals with less than a minute left in the first.

cackler
06-07-2006, 03:40 PM
21 to 20, EAC on top at the end of the first.

Funny, the teams are mirroring each other on offense and defense.

cackler
06-07-2006, 03:42 PM
EAC is in full force. 75 % of the gym is occupied by them.

pokpok
06-07-2006, 03:47 PM
EAC is in full force.* 75 % of the gym is occupied by them. BONGGA!! sa gym kasi nila ang venue!! GO UE WARRIORS against ADMU!!!

cackler
06-07-2006, 03:50 PM
Players from both sides are uptight. *But they are sticking to their defensive plans.

Buenafe has been double teamed so far and is having a hard time.

cackler
06-07-2006, 03:51 PM
Hi pokpok. Nice to have you online. ;)

cackler
06-07-2006, 03:52 PM
Stags shifting to zone defense . . . Buenafe connects on a three.

28 to 24, EAC on top.

cackler
06-07-2006, 03:55 PM
5:44 left and the score is already 30 to 26 in favor of the Generals.

San Sebastian now employing the box and one defense with the one focused on Ronjay Buenafe.

Hmmm. It looks like the Stags are letting Buenafe tire himself out.

33 to 26 with barely 5 minutes left in the half . . . Ronjay escapes for a two handed slam.

Mataas pala tumalon ang batang ito.

Maimbita nga sa probinsiya namin para talunin niya yung mga suha na di ko maabot.

Hmmmm.

cackler
06-07-2006, 03:59 PM
The Generals employing the combo guards of Ebuen and Buenafe . . . and some form of triangle offense.

cackler
06-07-2006, 04:01 PM
The Generals now employing the zone and the Stags are forced to play on the perimeter.

cackler
06-07-2006, 04:03 PM
With 1:19 left in the quarter, EAC up 39 to 33.

Gym almost full.

Coaching staff of UE and Ateneo are seen scouting.

cackler
06-07-2006, 04:05 PM
Buenafe bringing down the ball . . . and trying to play decoy . . .

Hmmm. Ino ON pala ang AIRCON pag may laro and EAC.

cackler
06-07-2006, 04:06 PM
39 to 33 EAC up with 29 seconds left . . .

39 to 36 end of half.

Whew! Time for my coffee, crackers . . . . and jingle.

pokpok
06-07-2006, 04:14 PM
39 to 33 EAC up with 29 seconds left . . .

39 to 36 end of half.

Whew!* Time for my coffee, crackers . . . . and jingle.

hi CACKLER!! eto lang kasi ang paraan para maki balita tungkol sa FMC!! thanks a lot!! malaking tulong ka talaga sa mga pinoys abroad!!!

kinakabahan ako sa ADMU - UE game mamaya,, pero malakas ang TIWALA KO SA UE WARRIORS!! GO UE!!

pokpok
06-07-2006, 04:18 PM
may pasok na ko mamaya cackler!! hindi ko na maabutan ang report mo about UE and ATEneo,, PERO I expect na mababasa ko mamaya na SASABIHIN MO NA UE ANG PANALO AT PASOK SA CHAMPIONSHIP HA!!! promise???

cackler
06-07-2006, 04:20 PM
San Sebastian pressing its attack . . . coming closer with a score of 39 to 38 . . . .

San Sebastian now leading (40 to 39) with another drive. *Stags attacking the middle.

Goodluck sa UE, pokpok.

cackler
06-07-2006, 04:21 PM
Stags now enjoying an 8 to nothing run on quick attacks and crisp ball movements to open the middle.

cackler
06-07-2006, 04:23 PM
Bolocon of the Stags, the guy assigned to guard Buenafe, just got his fourth foul.

Will this free Ronjay Buenafe later?

49 to 43, Stags up with 4:42 left.

cackler
06-07-2006, 04:27 PM
3:55 left with Stags still up 52 to 46.

cackler
06-07-2006, 04:28 PM
Generals now letting Ebuen handle the ball more but Stags still pressing on . . . stretching lead now 57 to 48.

pokpok
06-07-2006, 04:32 PM
cackler i going to work na!!! may wish naman ako,, sana naman kung pwede lang naman email mo sakin ang score ng UE at ateneo pagkatapos ng game,, my email address on my cellphone is athena_bianca22@c.vodafone.ne.jp pls lang kung mapapagbigyan mo MAPAPALIGAYA mo ko ng sobra!!! thanks
GUDLAK SA UE MAMAYA!!!

nice job cackler!!!

cackler
06-07-2006, 04:33 PM
59 to 51 Stags up with less than a minute left in the third . . .

61 to 51 with 33 seconds left.

Will do pokpok. :)

cackler
06-07-2006, 04:34 PM
64 to 52, Stags up at the end of the third.

cackler
06-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Generals now on edge as their team is having a hard time.

Generals still sticking to their zone defense.

pokpok
06-07-2006, 04:38 PM
mahal na kita cackler!!!! thank you so much!! hintay ko mamaya!! gudlak UE!!!

cackler
06-07-2006, 04:41 PM
Promis pokpok . . . will e-mail you.

Man to man defense now . . . Generals tensed . . .

The tough defense of the Stags during the third canto . . . now puts them in penalty.

cackler
06-07-2006, 04:43 PM
Buenafe strings four points but Stags convert on a three!

Bolocon . . . five fouls.

Who will guard Buenafe now?

cackler
06-07-2006, 04:48 PM
pokpok . . . ang ganda ng boses mo pag nakasulat sa internet. Pati picture mo maganda. Polymedic ka talaga!

Biro lang . . . I meant photomedic . . . este polygenic yata 'yun. :o

Generals now shifting strategy . . . Ebuen handling ball . . . then play designed for Buenafe to drive.

Lead of Stags down to 4 with 6:20 left.

Pro EAC crowd excited.

cackler
06-07-2006, 04:49 PM
Defense of San Sebastian softening as two of their players have graduated.

Generals making a living off the free throw line.

cackler
06-07-2006, 04:50 PM
66 to 63, Stags lead down to three, 5:22 left.

cackler
06-07-2006, 04:52 PM
Generals now pressing their own attack in the middle . . . EAC drums beating with renewed energy.

Lead back to five, 70 to 65 with 4:53 left.

cackler
06-07-2006, 04:53 PM
San Sebastian playing tired but gritty. 70 to 67, Stag still up by three.

cackler
06-07-2006, 04:55 PM
Ebuen with a turn around . . . miss . . . Stag for the fastbreak . . . is fouled. Gracilla takes the line for the Stags . . . misses his first.

pokpok
06-07-2006, 04:55 PM
ligo na ko cackler !! trabaho na naman!! hostess!!! japayuki!!! kakapagod na!!

cackler
06-07-2006, 04:58 PM
makes the second . . .71 to 67 . . . 3 minutes left . . .

Ebuen and Buenafe getting down to work on their two man game . . . Stag defense holding . . . travelliing . . . . Stag ball now . . .

wow . . . japayuki . . . galing. Sige pokpok, itaguyod mo ang Pinay na buo ang loob.!

Buti ka pa . . . makakaligo na . . .

Another Stag fouls out . . .

cackler
06-07-2006, 05:00 PM
EAC now employing a full court press . . .

Cenita of the Stags splits the middle for a dunk . . . miss . . . but gets fouled.

cackler
06-07-2006, 05:03 PM
Nakaligo na rin nga pala ako kaninang naglalaba . . . pa simple lang . . . pero hindi na nakapag shampoo.

Hindi rin nakapaghilod . . . kay hindi rin siguro ligo ang tawag doon . . . banlaw lang.

EAC with the ball . . . . Castillo . . to Ebuen . . . to Valderrama for a three!!! Whoa.

cackler
06-07-2006, 05:05 PM
48 seconds left and the score at 76 to 72. Stags for the inbound but the defense is tight . . . . one . . . two . . . . . . . five second violation.

EAC calls for time.

Whew!

cackler
06-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Stags also sue for time.

EAC ball . . . finally ball in the court . . . Stag on a man to man . . . error by Hubalde.

Stag ball.

cackler
06-07-2006, 05:08 PM
24 second violation by Stags . . . enjoying four point lead . . . 24 seocnd violation.

EAC ball . . . converts . . . .76 to 74 less than 10 seconds left.

cackler
06-07-2006, 05:10 PM
Final score is 77 to 74.

Congrats to San Sebastian!