PDA

View Full Version : Pre - Game Predictions

gameface_one
04-18-2006, 09:54 AM
Game Day 1: April 21, 2006, Friday at the Emilio Aguinaldo Gym

EAC - Manila vs. San Beda College

Gamefacers, post your pre-game analyses on this featured game.

AnthonyServinio
04-18-2006, 10:23 AM
Game Day 1: April 21, 2006, Friday at the Emilio Aguinaldo Gym

EAC - Manila vs. San Beda College

Gamefacers, post your pre-game analyses on this featured game.
SAN BEDA WILL WIN!!! ;D

bigfreeze_bibby
04-18-2006, 11:34 AM
If EAC will parade the same lineup and will play with the same intensity that they had when they upset UE in their opening HAIL game, I think they can pull off surprises again against a strong San Beda lineup but it is too good to be true, my money goes to San Beda in this one.

MonL
04-18-2006, 12:23 PM
I thought that San Beda will field in Team Behold in this tournament, as Team Animo starring Pong, Sam, Ogie, Bam and all are deep into training and will skip the tourney? Is that true?

franz888
04-18-2006, 04:47 PM
^ I hope this is not true! I am already looking forward seeing SBC’s complete line-up with Aljamal, Angeles and Hermida joining Ekwe, Escobal, Menor, and co. If SBC will parade its complete line-up they will be one of the favorites to win these years FMC together with Ateneo and UE.

MonL
04-18-2006, 05:29 PM
^ I hope this is not true! I am already looking forward seeing SBC’s complete line-up with Aljamal, Angeles and Hermida joining Ekwe, Escobal, Menor, and co. If SBC will parade its complete line-up they will be one of the favorites to win these years FMC together with Ateneo and UE.

Franz, pls see chba-dude's post at the Lion's den. Just saw the lineup a while ago.

razor
04-18-2006, 08:57 PM
SBC will be at less than full strenght in this tournament - no Ekwe, Escobal, Menor, Gamalinda, Al-Jamal, etc.

abcdef
04-18-2006, 09:03 PM
EAC will win by ten or less. . . . Its not that I don't have faith with San Beda its just that, i think, the Lions need time to adjust to a new point guard. . .

bigfreeze_bibby
04-19-2006, 08:44 AM
If San Beda plays without most of its starters, then I can see EAC pulling a win in this match.

franz888
04-19-2006, 11:03 AM
Even without its starters, SBC’s line-up is still pretty decent. In fact, it is still a tall line-up with Suguitan, Galinato, Sarangay, Taupa and Burtscher. Add a good pg in Hermida and you have a competitive line-up.

MonL
04-19-2006, 11:09 AM
Even without its starters, SBC’s line-up is still pretty decent. In fact, it is still a tall line-up with Suguitan, Galinato, Sarangay, Taupa and Burtscher. Add a good pg in Hermida and you have a competitive line-up.

Some of these guys are hungry, I imagine, as this is a chance for them to step up and showcase themselves and prove that they deserve a nod for inclusion in the Red Lions for Season 82. They'll be fighting to earn that nod, and that would make for an interesting tournament as far as the Lions are concerned..

bigfreeze_bibby
04-19-2006, 02:06 PM

Increased ang chances ng EAC to win as compared to if San Beda opted to play its starters.

oca
04-20-2006, 08:55 AM
I suppose not too many had expected San Beda will field their Team Behold for this event.

But still, I would not make San Beda outright underdogs every outing. They have the height and majority of this Team Behold have played long enough to be cohesive.

But my guess is...EAC will win.

Only because it has the homecourt advantage. I have watched them play at home and away. They are tireless at the gym. They can literally run down opponents there. Typical homecourt plusses. If not for that, I'll pick San Beda's Team Behold.

MonL
04-20-2006, 01:02 PM
Hope to meet the denizens of Gameface in person. See you guys there!

The General
04-24-2006, 12:54 AM
The EAC generals prevailed over favorite SBC Lions last april 21, 2006 83-78.

gameface_one
04-24-2006, 09:22 AM
Game Day 4: Mapua vs. Ateneo - A (Seniors C) April 25, 2006, 5 pm @ the EAC Gym.

Another NCAA vs. UAAP team on Tuesday. What's your take on this?

Mhel_Garrido
04-24-2006, 10:40 AM
The STI College Olympians won over Ateneo B yesterday 53-48.
What do you think are the chances of STI winning over the CSB Blazers on sunday April 30.
Game is set at 5:00 pm.

MonL
04-24-2006, 11:15 AM
Game Day 4: Mapua vs. Ateneo - A (Seniors C) April 25, 2006, 5 pm @ the EAC Gym.

I assumed that players participating in the PBL will not play in the FMC. However, I see TY T@ng and Rico Maierhofer's names on the Teletech, Harbour Center and the DLSU FMC roster.* *

Therefore, if Kelvin dela Pena and Joferson Gonzales, both of whom are playing in the PBL will suit up for MIT, expect the game to be very interesting. If not, chalk it up as another win for Ateneo.

oca
04-25-2006, 08:09 AM

If Mapua fielded an NCAA lineup, just as Ateneo has a legit UAAP lineup in this event, I will pick MIT outright. But this will be a tighlty fought game.

Though Mapua has not won an NC' title since 1991, this team is never intimidated. Even during the championship years of San Sebastian and Letran, both schools never look past MIT in their quest for the titles.

Without a Japeth Aguilar and a Bughao, Ateneo is vulnerable against a "disrespectful" Cardinal.

salsa caballero
04-25-2006, 03:39 PM
I'd guess and say Ateneo will likely take the win.

While Japeth is indeed a big loss * knock on wood, sana hindi * Raba, Ford and company are still around. The eagles will still own the "air up there". JC Intal is also reportedly playing the best he's ever played, prompting some to predict an MVP-type season for the guy. Plus, Doug Kramer has improved yet again, for this, his penultimate UAAP campaign. The shock troopers like Zion Laterre, Jai Reyes et al. are also going great guns, so intimidated or not, the Cards still have their work cut out for them.

Granted, Kelvin de le Pena is a gem of a point guard and arguably better than his Ateneo counterparts. However, Macky Escalona's familiarity with his RP Youth team mate should serve him in good stead. Too, Yuri Escueta's form has also been on the upswing of late. Thus, while Mapua may have the edge at the point guard spot, Ateneo will not be too far behind.

My fearless take? Ateneo by 7 or 8.

MonL
04-25-2006, 06:56 PM
Pre-game predictions were way off. The game was rout a the end, though pretty even at the half. 91-72, Eagles. Can't wait for the post game analysis.

gameface_one
04-25-2006, 09:18 PM
Game Day 5 (Wednesday, April 26, 2006) Featured Match will be DLSU vs. EAC - Manila @ 2:00 pm

It will be DLSU's first game after the UAAP Board decision to suspend them. EAC - Manila is emerging to be one of the favorites this early to win the title.

Will it be the Archers or the Generals?

oca
04-26-2006, 08:15 AM
Pre-game predictions were way off. The game was rout a the end, though pretty even at the half. 91-72, Eagles. Can't wait for the post game analysis.

When the 1st half ended at 47-44 for Ateneo, I thought the game was poised for an exciting ending.

No need to describe what adjustments the Blue Eagles did for the 2nd half. For it was evident midway in the 3rd that the Caridnals were in no condition to play 40 minutes of up tempo basketball. Regardless what was Coach Black's gameplan, as long as Ateneo maintains a fast paced game, iiwanan at iiwanan ang Mapua.

Kung gaano katindi yung labanan sa boards nuong first half, halos wala namang second shots ang Mapua after halftime. Sa kabila naman, there was one possession by Ateneo when they had 4 or 5 offensive rebounds. Hindi naman sa out position ang big men ng Mapua, talagang they were slow to the ball at that point. There's was another sequence when Uichico had 2 offensive rebounds, and no Cardinal contested Uichico for noth rebounds.

Which brings me to another point...before we... I, make another perdiction, even for the sake of fun, we first determine kung ano ang sadya or objective ng bawat team.

Just as San Beda fielded a "try-out line-up", IMO, Mapua's intent is to "condition" its team for the coming NCAA. In fact I don't remember them being active during the offseason. Before this FMC Summer league, ilang liga na ba ang sinalihan nila? Isa pa lang yata. That's a lost period of inactivity.

Tama lang itong FMC para macondition sila.

MonL
04-26-2006, 09:44 AM
Which brings me to another point...before we... I, make another perdiction, even for the sake of fun, we first determine kung ano ang sadya or objective ng bawat team.

Just as San Beda fielded a "try-out line-up", IMO, Mapua's intent is to "condition" its team for the coming NCAA. In fact I don't remember them being active during the offseason. Before this FMC Summer league, ilang liga na ba ang sinalihan nila? Isa pa lang yata. That's a lost period of inactivity.

Tama lang itong FMC para macondition sila.

And that is the unwritten, de facto purpose of these summer leagues, after all.... for teams to have fun and prepare for the bigger battles that really matter, coming soon...and for junkies like me, an opportunity to whet my appetite for action during this lull period....

salsa caballero
04-27-2006, 11:14 AM
Yikes, sorry, "WAY OFF" nga ako...

Next time, I should give my Eagles a bit more credit as far as eventual winning margins are concerned :)

Of course, this is one of those few times when one is happy to be mistaken...

markbrigs
04-28-2006, 04:00 PM
gudlck sa team ng ateneo de naga!!! go golden boys...

gameface_one
04-28-2006, 04:44 PM
Game Day 7: Lyceum vs. San Beda @ 11 am, Saturday April 29.

Will a San Beda team without its starters survive the Team A of Lyceum?

freak
04-29-2006, 12:27 AM
[Which brings me to another point...before we... I, make another perdiction, even for the sake of fun, we first determine kung ano ang sadya or objective ng bawat team.

exacto..
have you seen NU's bench during the game against ADMU? there must have been at least 25 players suited up..:o
and there must've have been at least 5 battaliion subs during the 1st half alone.. ;D

kaya medyo mahirap nga magpredict.. kasi nga iba-iba ang pakay ng mga teams

Mhel_Garrido
05-02-2006, 09:06 AM
The STI College Olympians won over Ateneo B yesterday 53-48.
What do you think are the chances of STI winning over the CSB Blazers on sunday April 30.
Game is set at 5:00 pm.

Well CSB won 58-54. Sayang. Next game of the Olympians... the FEU Tamaraws, medyo dehado na naman kami dito.