PDA

View Full Version : Season 82's Best SG!!!

gamberro
03-31-2006, 10:43 AM
Who can stop Jason Castro of PCU?!? The way he play now in the PBL, He is so great!!! He finished 2nd in statistical pts in the PBL...

So what do you think guys?!? I need you opinion... Tnx!!!

toti_mendiola
03-31-2006, 11:42 AM
True, Jason Castro on 2 is superb. He can score at will. Finding men to defend him against the basket is quite a predicament. My take, Jason is fast and athletic, he can shoot in and out at will, to make things difficult he has lots of offensive options to dish out to if he cant make a shot. A defender should be a natural 3 spot, just to have a height and reach leverage advantage, like say Aban of Letran. Lateral movement on Aban's defense though is a concern, but at least Aban is athletic and is taller maybe not as quick but he has sound basketball fundamentals. If against the Red Lions i am confident that he will find it dififcult to slash and shoot because of Ekwe. Ekwe has this ability not to "sabay lang ng sabay" in contesting shots. He blocks em in mid air. Slashing and dishing out is another story though. Micah Evangelista can body up Castro at the outside pound for pound to disrupt Castro's rythmn on the balll.

gamberro
03-31-2006, 12:48 PM
But do forget our two big men. Gabby "ROY-MVP" Espinas and the more improve Beua Belga. San Beda is team to beat in this coming season, also the defendng champs Letran w/ Boyet and Triple "A"... Konting panahon n lng!!!

Let's get it on!!!

Go Dolphins Fight!!!!

toti_mendiola
03-31-2006, 01:00 PM
But do forget our two big men. Gabby "ROY-MVP" Espinas and the more improve Beua Belga. San Beda is team to beat in this coming season, also the defendng champs Letran w/ Boyet and Triple "A"... Konting panahon n lng!!!

to make things difficult he has lots of offensive options to dish out to if he cant make a shot

Amparado,Espinas, Beau and Garrido, (though i am clueless why the hell Garrido is not playing/given the ample time he deserves inside the court) compliments Castro's type of play.

Slashing and dishing out is another story though

The abovementioned quote recognizes his ability to pass the ball when a decent shot is not available, though he sometimes make some poor shot selection, seldomly.

I would likely put my eyes on belga more than gabby, beau is such a natural player i sometimes think that there is no effort at all. Belga just waits for the game to come to him without any effort. He's one talented player.

cub
03-31-2006, 03:08 PM
hindi na maglalaro si espinas for the pcu dolphins..
magpapa-draft na siya sa PBA..

toti_mendiola
03-31-2006, 03:12 PM

Pare would you be kind enough to quote youe source or the link if there are any?

MonL
03-31-2006, 04:38 PM
Si Solis ang best built player sa Dolphins lineup, kaya lang, parang mechanical ang galaw nya, matigas ang katawan, di masyadong mobile. Mas mahusay si Belga sa galaw. Kung madevelop si Solis, watch out.... Na-play out na ba ni Retaga ang kaniyang elegibility? I like his game. Parang si Alex Angeles, long range shooter....

gamberro
03-31-2006, 04:47 PM

Ang alam ko kay Espinas eh mag ala Leo Najorda sya.. Laro muna sya 4 his final season. Then mag undego sya sa draft pick.