PDA

View Full Version : The KNIGHTS next JOUST...

Pages : [1] 2

ESCALERA JR.
03-28-2006, 07:56 PM
Next game for the Knights in the Homegrown wll be against the ATENEO Blue Eagles this coming Saturday.

All alumni and students, pls support our team. Arriba!!

bonzie1645
03-29-2006, 10:59 PM
ARRIBA LETRAN!!!

esjay
03-30-2006, 10:03 PM
thanks for the updates sir ...please keep us updated ..who are our players by the way ?

ESCALERA JR.
04-05-2006, 09:24 PM
Next joust of the Knights would be against the Sanbeda Red Lions on April 9, Sunday.

Nice game to watch with the RL "Damatans and Bagets team" still sporting unblemished record and LC knights on a 2 game roll.

Gametime is 1-4 pm

ESCALERA JR.
04-11-2006, 08:25 AM
next game for the Knights in the Homegrown - 22 April vs UP (jrs & All Stars)

Sorry loss in both jrs and all stars against sanbeda. Close fight in the all stars with just a 2pt loss while the jrs came figting but lost steam in the end.

ESCALERA JR.
05-29-2006, 07:47 PM
Tentative games for NCAA Season 82:

LETRAN Knights vs CSB Blazers - 1st game

MIT Cardinals v PCU Dolphins - 2nd game

SSC Stags v UPHR Altas - 3rd game

last game - SBC Red Lions v JRC Heavy Bombers.

Lets get ready to RUMBLE!!!!

onthebluecorner
05-30-2006, 06:29 PM
ARRIBA LETRANISTA!!!

I hope my last year in Letran will give me a good championship matchup.

ESCALERA JR.
06-26-2006, 11:00 AM
GAMES TODAY AT NAS:

Juniors - 3pm

Letran HS vs LSGH

game_fixer
06-26-2006, 12:45 PM
lahat na ng matatandang players kinuha nyo na..proud pa kyo na champions kyo last yr...tsk tsk

LION
06-26-2006, 01:29 PM
game_fixer,

Please go back to where you came from. Your posts are not welcome here.

darcy
06-26-2006, 05:35 PM
We won the match against Benilde. But I think the Knights should practice harder and make all the necessary preparations for their upcoming matches against deadly opponents such as PCU and Mapua.

Arriba Letran!

toti_mendiola
06-27-2006, 11:12 AM
We won the match against Benilde. But I think the Knights should practice harder and make all the necessary preparations for their upcoming matches against deadly opponents such as PCU and Mapua.

Arriba Letran!

You do not consider the Red Lions deadly opponents?

I have to agree with the second sentence though, Without Bautista and Aban on the floor leading the charge, complexion of the game drastically changes. Iba ang angas ng dynamic duo na ito. I wish i could say the same with their teammates.

bugleboy
06-28-2006, 12:05 AM
^nakalimutan lang siguro. regarding the "angas" of the dynamic duo, you're right there. bautista and aban do have that certain frightening confidence about them. so far, though, i haven't seen any hint that they are taking themselves too seriously. and i sure hope it stays that way.

ESCALERA JR.
06-28-2006, 07:44 PM
^We play the RL last, that's why. But before that we take care of MIT and PCU first. Although I consider the SBC LIONS one of the deadliest this season.

Jazul was given ample time during the finals last year and he showed grit and tenacity. One reason why he will be the next starting pointguard for the Knights after Boyet is gone.

About Bautista and Aban, they really have this menacing look specially inside the hardcourt but you should see them in person, really friendly, unassuming and down to earth guys. Ma"angas" lang talga ang laro.

darcy
06-28-2006, 10:33 PM

Arriba Letran!

You do not consider the Red Lions deadly opponents?

I have to agree with the second sentence though, Without Bautista and Aban on the floor leading the charge, complexion of the game drastically changes. Iba ang angas ng dynamic duo na ito. I wish i could say the same with their teammates.

Perhaps this time I should. Actually, I watched a little of the SBC-PCU match this afternoon (thanks to the Letran Campus Cable TV for the TV set at the lobby). Although your team lost to PCU in the final quarter, I was impressed when the Lions surged a mighty ten point lead in the second canto. Well, good luck to your next match.

Arriba Letran!

toti_mendiola
06-30-2006, 02:18 PM
^We play the RL last, that's why.* But before that we take care of MIT and PCU first. Although I consider the SBC LIONS one of the deadliest this season.

Jazul was given ample time during the finals last year and he showed grit and tenacity. One reason why he will be the next starting pointguard for the Knights after Boyet is gone.

About Bautista and Aban, they really have this menacing look specially inside the hardcourt but you should see them in person, really friendly, unassuming and down to earth guys. Ma"angas" lang talga ang laro.

As a hardcore "angas", as used is a compliment. If they are friendly in person, nice to know.

Still, i think that without the duo on the court, winning games would not come easy.

letranense1620
06-30-2006, 08:09 PM
not only boyet and aaron. "joey" or jazul is a great joker. a down to earth guy too. ;D

ESCALERA JR.
07-03-2006, 08:56 PM
Letran Knights caged SSC Stags 81-73.

Win# 2 -

Our next joust will be against JRU Heavy Bombers on July 14 Friday.

Possible headline after that game: KNIGHTS diffuses JRU Heavy Bombers

MonL
07-04-2006, 07:32 AM
Letran Knights caged SSC Stags 81-73.

Win# 2 -

Our next joust will be against JRU Heavy Bombers on July 14 Friday.

Possible headline after that game:* *KNIGHTS diffuses JRU Heavy Bombers

Er, Escalera, make that possible "probable."* *;D

ESCALERA JR.
07-04-2006, 05:04 PM
oops,ok... probably the possibility of winning vs jru is very big, i hope with a big margin too like what your RLdid. Was it 30 points? Looking forward to our first rd meeting.

LION
07-04-2006, 05:08 PM
If you shut down Dedicatoria of JRU, a 40 point lead is attainable.

MonL
07-04-2006, 05:10 PM
oops,ok... probably the possibility of winning vs jru is very big, i hope with a big margin too like what your RLdid.* Was it 30 points? Looking forward to our first rd meeting.

Mas iniisip kong tiyak yon kaysa posible. 30 plus is not farfetched with that team.

letranense1620
07-04-2006, 07:26 PM
IMHO bilog ang bola. anything can happen. last year, i was expecting a large margin but lo and behold the knights almost lost that game with JRU.

Blue Knight
07-04-2006, 10:41 PM
pahirap na ng pahirap ang laban. dyan na masusubukan ang Team Knights.

LION
07-05-2006, 04:37 PM
Letran over JRU : 74 - 70.

Instead of 40 points, 4 points lang ang lamang? What happened?* 3 - 0 na ang Knights but the 2 wins were against Benilde and JRU (Ganun din ang SBC, our* 2 wins were against JRU and Benilde. The only difference is that we really buried the said teams).*

The remaining games of Letran will be really tough as you will have to beat PCU, Mapua, UPHD and of course SBC to sweep the first round.

MonL
07-05-2006, 05:06 PM
Letran over JRU : 74 - 70.

Instead of 40 points, 4 points lang ang lamang? What happened?* 3 - 0 na ang Knights but the 2 wins were against Benilde and JRU (Ganun din ang SBC, our* 2 wins were against JRU and Benilde. The only difference is that we really buried the said teams).*

The remaining games of Letran will be really tough as you will have to beat PCU, Mapua, UPHD and of course SBC to sweep the first round.

Nako.... last year tinalo namin ang JRU ng 27+ for our first win sa first round, only to repeat against them nung second round, in the last minute, and by the slimmest of margins, one point. Mukhang sobrang pamilyar yung JRU coach sa manlalaro at sistema ng Letran. And the players found time to grasp his system. Lagot. No easy wins from hereon for any team.

Baka naman 10% effort lang sila, kaya yung inaasam na 40 naging 4 lang.* :D Joke lang. Ganung kataas ang tingin ko sa koponan ninyo. Teka, nahirapan ba kayo, or you just played well enough to win, no unnecessary effort para maiwas madisgrasya ng di kailangan? A win is a win.

letranense1620
07-05-2006, 05:41 PM
not an excuse but talagang pamilyar yung coach ng JRU sa system ng Letran. IMO, the coaching staff of Letran is just "hiding" their strategies from the scouting teams. pls. note that the next opponent of Letran is PCU. opinion lang po. :)

toti_mendiola
07-05-2006, 05:55 PM
not an excuse but talagang pamilyar yung coach ng JRU sa system ng Letran. IMO, the coaching staff of Letran is just "hiding" their strategies from the scouting teams. pls. note that the next opponent of Letran is PCU. opinion lang po.* :)

Familiar because Alas has the coach of JRU as a staff in the PBL.

LION
07-05-2006, 05:57 PM
Aha. PCU vs. Letran. *Kanino kaya ako kakampi?

Galit ako sa PCU dahil tinalo nila kami. *Pero pag tinalo ninyo sila, baka ma-sweep ninyo ang elimination round. *Hmmm. * :)

toti_mendiola
07-05-2006, 06:00 PM
IMO, the coaching staff of Letran is just "hiding" their strategies from the scouting teams. pls. note that the next opponent of Letran is PCU. opinion lang po.* :)

Maybe, but it would be difficult to hide the strategy when it is a close game.The bombers had the lead in many ocassions during this days game. When the game is on the line, would you not give your all?
Be that as it may, If letran did hid their teeth, Alas is really something!

LION
07-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Erratum. *

The final score is 72 - 70 and not 74 - 70 as earlier reported. *

MonL
07-05-2006, 06:13 PM
IMO, the coaching staff of Letran is just "hiding" their strategies from the scouting teams. pls. note that the next opponent of Letran is PCU. opinion lang po.* :)

Maybe, but it would be difficult to hide the strategy when it is a close game.The bombers had the lead in many ocassions during this days game. When the game is on the line, would you not give your all?

True to his name, pero that game would push that notion just a liiiiiittle bit too far.

Blue Knight
07-05-2006, 11:53 PM
familiar ang coach ng JRU sa system ng Letran. Magkasama sila ni Alas sa MBA at sa PBL bago napunta sa JRU. A win is a Win pero medyo delikado yung final score kanina. This time i want the Team Letran to play all out against the PCU. Kung kayang ibaon eh ibaon na ng tuluyan.

Blue Knight
07-06-2006, 08:13 AM
it is official .. The Score is 74-70 in favor of the Knights. May free throws pa after the time expired.

franz_inwurdz
07-06-2006, 10:16 AM

True to his name, pero that game would push that notion just a liiiiiittle bit too far.*

If you would notice in the last minutes of the game, Bautista was at the bench. Pinasok lang nung masusulot na ng JRU. As Alas noted in an interview in ubelt.com, it was an experiment that backfired. Experiment.... can you imagine, having the confidence experimenting during the waning moments of the payback period, "Tuff heart pare".

oca
07-06-2006, 12:19 PM
That experiment, IMO, revealed the weakness of Letran. That is, aside from Bautista, it has no other point guard who can be relied upon in pressure cooker situations.

Though this was a just a one-game incident over a few minutes at end game. Still, if I were the opposing coach playing them next, I will challenge Letran's PGs gamelong at both ends of the court and see how effective they will still be at end game.

ESCALERA JR.
07-06-2006, 08:36 PM
Letran Knights Win#3 - 0 Loss

Knights next Joust will be the PCU Dolphins.

PROBABLE Sports headline news: KNIGHTS drown Dolphins...pero di ako nakasisiguro baka kaya DOlphins unhorsed Knights( nhe! wag naman sana!)

letranense1620
07-08-2006, 10:09 AM
Never give up never give in.

Arriba Letran! Beat PCU!

ESCALERA JR.
07-16-2006, 06:40 PM
Letran Knights* Win#3 - 0 Loss

PROBABLE Sports headline news: KNIGHTS drown Dolphins...) 4 Wins - 0 Loss

Next game on Mon 17 UPHR
News: KNIGHTS bring down ALTAS; 5 WIN - 0 Loss

toti_mendiola
07-17-2006, 02:25 PM
Letran Knights* Win#3 - 0 Loss

PROBABLE Sports headline news: KNIGHTS drown Dolphins...) 4 Wins - 0 Loss

Next game on Mon 17 UPHR
News: KNIGHTS bring down ALTAS;* 5 WIN - 0 Loss

This i want to see. Bautista vs. Misa. speed for speed, swagger vs. swagger, pound for pound two of NCAA's prolific guards.

Deciding factor would be Letran's physical type of play. Remember the PCU game, Espinas was ganged defensively, the Knights were just doing those "nang^mama na" type of plays. Nawala angas at focus ni Gabby at ni Beau. Galing mag psy war ng mga defensive players ng Knights. Ayos!

ESCALERA JR.
07-17-2006, 03:17 PM
i think the Knights would get over this one easily. With PCU, it was only Espinas and Beau to contend with. With the Altas, cover Kiel Misa and thats about it.

What im wary about is your RL. I am not sure if we can do the "na mama" thing with Ekwe. He is of a different breed. Malakas yan parang kalabaw di gaya ni Espinas, "half breed lang". And the point guard rotation is another problem. Boyet has to deal with a deeper bench, i just don't feel its going to be smooth sailing for the Knights. Expecting for a tough rugged matcht on the 26th. Good luck to your team. Arriba and Animo!!!

toti_mendiola
07-17-2006, 03:25 PM
i think the Knights would get over this one easily. With PCU, it was only Espinas and Beau to contend with. With the Altas, cover Kiel Misa and thats about it.

What im wary about is your RL.* I am not sure if we can do the "na mama" thing with Ekwe.* He is of a different breed. Malakas yan parang kalabaw di gaya ni Espinas, "half breed lang".* And the point guard rotation is another problem. Boyet has to deal with a deeper bench, i just don't feel its going to be smooth sailing for the Knights.* Expecting for a tough rugged matcht on the 26th.* Good luck to your team. Arriba and Animo!!!

Pare natawa naman ako dun sa "half breed".

I am just as excited as everyone else when er finally meet to conclude the 1st round. Aside from the usual player and on game plays, i want to witness how two great coaches will vis a vis counter, outwit, outplay each other out. Reminds me of chess.

ESCALERA JR.
07-17-2006, 07:58 PM
Espinas may look like an import pero hindi puro unlike Ekwe who is a full-blood African-Nigerian. Kung baga sa manok eh Texas at hindi white leghorn. Kung sa kabayo naman eh pang-karera talaga at hindi lang pang Burnham Park.

And because of this, ibang-iba syempre ang galaw nito as compared to the locals. His moves can be like that of any potential NBA players playing in US NCAA. If Pinoys with half-blood like Miller, Saldana and Espinas are head and shoulders above the ordinary natives in terms of athleticsm, what more if one is of pure African breed.

Sino ngayon ang panapat namin kay Sam Ekwe?

Sa tingin ko meron, walang iba kundi si "cuch"Louie. Pero matindi rin ang Koy Banal pagdating sa diskarte. In terms of fans and alumni support, parehas din yata with both schools known to have rabid die-hard fans willing to give everything for their beloved alma mater. Mas deeper ang bench ng RL lalo na sa PG and shooters pero lamang naman sa experience and Knights. All in all, this would be one hell of a game.

This time i think the NAS will be in full capacity, dapat sa Araneta na gawin ang laban.

letranense1620
07-17-2006, 09:26 PM
Araneta? IMO kaya na yan ng NAS. May pasok pati both schools sa araw na yun and Letran doesn't suspend classes just for eliminations. Sa Final Four lang at Champ series nagsususpend si Fr. Rector. :)

danny
07-18-2006, 02:02 AM
Escalera, the Bedans have been occupying almost 3/4 of the NAS for the past several games. That's how passionate we are for our school despite the 28 years of title drougth. We've always been there for San Beda.

Yes, the NAS will be in full capacity.

I don't want to be rude, nor appear haughty, but we don't have "fans" in San Beda. It's not part of the Bedan vernacular nor tradition. We only have Bedans. ;) ;D

Back to regular programming:

Will the Red Lions be able to exploit the perceived weaknesses of the Kngihts as discussed?

Or will the Knights show the Red Lions that experience and heart can win the game?

oca
07-18-2006, 12:16 PM
The Knights have been vulnerable even in their won games against JRU and Perpetual.

Knowing that all coaches have been diligent in their scouting, if the opposition took down notes and if they have the players to replicate part of those which is effective against Letran and add on their own, Letran may just get beaten by Mapua and San Beda in this first round.

It has been mentioned that Bautista is the key to Letran's game. Contain him, you beat Letran.

But from where I seat, this is about Coach Alas, first. Bautista, second.

Alas had to do a lot of mid-game adjustments in those wins they have registered. Baustista is the key to its proper execution.

So, for as long as Alas comes with the right equation, mahirap talunin ang Letran. If Bautista executes it right, panalo na ang Letran.

But the collective strength of the team is that the players are very coachable. Maaring sumablay sa isa o dalawang sequence, but whenever Alas calls their attention, they do make up.

Against Mapua, Letran ako rito. Marami kasing matigas ang ulo sa Cardinals.

Kontra San Beda, di rin pahuhuli sa galing si Banal, pero dahil lamang sa players ang Red Lions, palagay ko titikim ng talo rito ang Letran.

ESCALERA JR.
07-21-2006, 04:36 PM
TODAYS jOUST AGAINST MAPUA cARDIANALs at 4pm

Tomorrows news: Knights down Cardinals for 6th straight win.

The Knights of coach Alas will try to snatch a win today. Their only loss a year ago was dealt by the Cardinals and a repeat of it is unlikely even without the vetrans. Over-confidence may be one reason it was caught off-guard by the Cardinals and knowing coach Louie, he has learned from it and will do the necessary adjustments.

If we win this game, the team is in a very good position of making a sweep of the first round with only the RL of SanBeda standing on its way.

One Arriba Letran!!!

bugleboy
07-21-2006, 07:49 PM
grrrr... couldn't watch this live. my son txted me that letran won, 76 - 71. ubelt.com, on the other hand, had it at 74 - 71, also in our favor. ano ba talaga? kung sabagay, whatever the score was, the fact remains that WE WON!

ARRIBA!

letranense1620
07-21-2006, 08:19 PM
^ Sir, 74 - 71.

ESCALERA JR.
07-22-2006, 06:15 PM
tHE COAST IS ALMOST CLEAR.1 MORE TEAM (SBC RL) BEFORE WE CALL IT A CLEAN SWEEP,AT LEAST FOR THE FIRST ROUND.

Well Done ! LETRAN KNIGHTS!!!

Next Joust on Wednesday next week July 26 against the ROARING RED LIONS OF SAN BEDA.

wILL THE kNIGHTS OF LETRAN CONTINUE TO GALLOP ITS WAY TO VICTORY. ABANGAN!!!

THIS IS REALLY EXCITING.

AGAIN LETS SHOUT : ONE ARRRRRIIIIIBAAAAA LETTRRRAAAAANNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ESCALERA JR.
07-26-2006, 04:37 PM
Game Reset for Friday 28 July

The KNIGHTS* >:(f LETRAN* * * * v* * * * The Red LIONS >:(f* SAN BEDA

ESCALERA JR.
07-27-2006, 07:49 PM
Game Reset for Friday 28 July

The KNIGHTS* of LETRAN* * * * v* * * * The Red LIONS of* SAN BEDA

For the past 6 games i have been predicting probable news about the outcome of Letrans games. So far i have a 100% batting average.

But in this game, i'll hold my prediction but will just read the news after the game.

Too close to call, it can go either way. Of course i want the news to read like these:
LETRAN KNIGHTS complete sweep of 1st Round against SBC

However, the news could also be:
SAN BEDA Red Lions stops streaking LC Knights.

Whatever the outcome, lets all enjoy the games. :)

Will the Knights continue its streak and defy the odds, eventually making a sweep?and the Championship??

Will the Red Lions finally slay the ghost of 8 fruitless campaign against the Knights?

bugleboy
07-27-2006, 10:31 PM
escalera jr.,

i agree. this one is too close to call. two great coaches, two proud schools, two teams with different emphases. will the one with the dominant center win? or will the one with the surprising "non-starters" (as ubelt.com so kindly put it) do the trick?

of course, my vote goes to the knights. six key players may have left the team, but the two best ones still remain. plus, former "non-starters" like quinday, balneg, jazul, mondragon, realista, etc. have made even this old cynic believe again.

knights rule! never give up, never give in!

arriba!

easter
07-27-2006, 10:43 PM
I still believe that Letran has the edge here because of the savvy playmaking of Boyet and the steady Aban. It is a must that Letran ups the tempo so as to make Ekwe a non-factor. Ito talagang si Ekwe ang malaking problema since he grabs a lot of attention that is capitalized by the outside gunners.

ESCALERA JR.
07-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Today's News: SAN BEDA RED LIONS finally got one over the LETRANr KNIGHTS.

After dominating the SBC RL for almost 8 seasons, the LC Knights finally got devoured by the Red Lions. The loss was actually a reality check for the Knights whose slate stood unblemished until todays game. Without a reliable big man, Letran would eventually succumb to the much bigger SBC 5.

It was a good, exciting game. Kudos to both teams for giving the league that much hyped media exposure.
The NCAA really needed that boost.

Knigths of Letran, cry now if you must, lick your wounds but this is just one loss. We are still on top of the standings.

Arriba... onward to the next Round!!!

darcy
07-29-2006, 02:29 PM
Koy Banal took advantage of the weakness of Letran, that is heavy reliance on Boyet and Aban. I hope the coaching staff and the Knights will do something about it. Congrats to San Beda. Wait till we meet in the finals.
Arriba Letran!

letranense1620
07-29-2006, 07:24 PM
Today's News: SAN BEDA RED LIONS finally got one over the LETRANr KNIGHTS.

After dominating the SBC RL for almost 8 seasons, the LC Knights finally got devoured by the Red Lions. The loss was actually a reality check for the Knights whose slate stood unblemished until todays game. Without a reliable big man, Letran would eventually succumb to the much bigger SBC 5.

It was a good, exciting game. Kudos to both teams for giving the league that much hyped media exposure.
The NCAA really needed that boost.

Knigths of Letran, cry now if you must, lick your wounds but this is just one loss. We are still on top of the standings.

Arriba... onward to the next Round!!!

No. SBC is now on the top due to higher quotient. Kudos to RL.

Arriba Letran!!!

cub
07-29-2006, 07:32 PM
^^ No.. San Beda is now on top because of the "winner-over-the-other" rule.. :P

nash_bedista
07-29-2006, 08:11 PM
SANA FINAL 4 NA !!!!!! for me .. we want to me you all at the finals ;) kitang kita naman sa rating nung friday hahahaahahahahah!!! ;D

ARRIBA LETRAN
ANIMO SAN BEDA

danny
08-01-2006, 03:38 AM
The Red Lions have given the other squads the template on how to beat Letran even without an Ekwe. The other squads are coming into the 2nd round knowing fully well that the Knights are indeed vulnerable.

Contain the two stars, deny them of their comfort zones and give them a dose of their own medicine, 40 minutes of defensive hell.

Will Letran succumb to the to demoralizing defeat they have incurred against the Red Lions? Will they be able to regain composure in the next round?

LION
08-01-2006, 07:51 AM
The dilemma of Letran now is that while this team is so good in giving 40 minutes of hell to its opponents,* it is also vulnerable to the same kind of defense when used against them.

Letran is about Aban and Bautista.* *Give Aban and Bautista* 40 minutes of hell and they will surely feel it.* Deny them ball possession and they will have minimal contribution to their team.* *

I wouldn't be surprised if after watching the game of Letran against San Beda last Friday, PCU, Mapua, UPHD and the rest of teams will start using the same defensive strategy against Letran. The question is - do they have good defensive players to stop Bautista and Aban? Kung ang itatapat din lang naman nila ay mga pipitsuging players, bale wala rin.

This makes the second round more exciting.

oca
08-01-2006, 09:23 AM
As early as the FMC, it was evident that Alas will compensate for the lack of ceiling and offensive options with the 40-minute defensive pressure.

If San Beda was able to give the Knights a dose of its own medicine, it was because the Lions' have a deeper bench. Plus they don't lose an edge in offense whatever combination Banal would put in the floor. But the rest of the league does not have that same 10-man rotation that is potent at both ends of the floor.

Kaya sa tingin ko, hindi mapapakinabangan ng ibang teams yung nakita nila sa ginawa ng San Beda over Letran.

Tatalunin pa rin ng Letran ang ibang anim na teams. At pag nagharap uli sila ng San Beda, I will give them better odds on winning on Sept 6.

Take note, San Beda didn't dominate the boards as they do with other teams. Letran gave a good account of themselves by contesting those rebounds, 39-42. Yes, San Beda beat Letran in the rebounding dept by just 3 boards.

Now, if Alas can just find one more guy who will contribute in offense and take away the focus from Bautista and Aban.

They have 6 more game to make adjustments in their offense.

danny
08-01-2006, 03:59 PM
A single off-night from one of the star players will put Letran in a vulnerable position.

Who among the other players can rise above the challenge?

Sabi nga ng Mapua sa PCU, dalawang tao lang ang dapat bantayan.

Probabaly the same case with Letran.

Mapua , PCU and Perpetual may be able to beat Letran in the second round. We will see.

bugleboy
08-01-2006, 07:50 PM
^to be fair, the other players of letran have risen to the occasion in past games.* players like mondragon, balneg, jazul, quinday and even faundo have made contributions far beyond what they did last year.

re the point that mapua, perpetual and pcu have the goods to beat letran this second round -- well, that certainly is within the realm of possibility.* but what is really certain is that the knights will never be outfought.* what is certain also is that the knights will learn from that single defeat to the red lions.*

see you in the second round.*

ESCALERA JR.
08-01-2006, 08:01 PM
The Knights of L. Alas should take that defeat in a positive angle. At least for now the pressure is off their shoulders in maintaining a clean slate. It doesn't matter if we lose 2 or 3 games and from these probable setbacks the coaching staff will know what to prepare in the coming end games.

We must realize the team is really wanting but inspite of their lack of able men aside from veterans Bautista and Aban, we still manage to be on top of the standings.

Good Luck to the Knights on their Jousts in the 2nd round.

ESCALERA JR.
08-02-2006, 04:08 PM
Games today against CSB BLAZERS.

This one would be easy picking for the Knights ;)

cub
08-02-2006, 09:26 PM
^ooops.. mukhang hindi EASY un para sa inyo kanina ah.. :)
i think nung last 1:30 nlng nakalayo ang team niyo.. mukhang nahirapan kayo sa benilde ah.. :P

Gym_Rat
08-02-2006, 09:38 PM
i think nung last 1:30 nlng nakalayo ang team niyo.. mukhang nahirapan kayo sa benilde ah.. :P

Did CSB try to apply the same template the Bedans applied? What adjustments did the Knights make as a counter?

cub
08-02-2006, 10:36 PM

Did CSB try to apply the same template the Bedans applied? What adjustments did the Knights make as a counter?

Caloy Garcia just experimented with his players.. inserting the guys like libunao and david, na hindi naman pinapasok the last few games and eventually making those trifectas.. the knights relied on aaron aban and their experience..

danny
08-03-2006, 12:41 AM

Medyo may kalakasan din naman ang Benilde. But the Knights showed them that the endgame is theirs. They seem to be consistent in their endgame uprisings . Itapon na ang mga naunang minuto, sa Letran ang mga huling sigundo.

Is this a Letran stratagem?

Who's the next to team that will fall victim to the Knights?

letranense1620
08-03-2006, 07:33 AM
Aug. 7 - Perpetual

Arriba Letran!!! Beat Perpetual!!!

ESCALERA JR.
08-03-2006, 10:20 PM

Medyo may kalakasan din naman ang Benilde. But the Knights showed them that the endgame is theirs. They seem to be consistent in their endgame uprisings . Itapon na ang mga naunang minuto, sa Letran ang mga huling sigundo.

Is this a Letran stratagem?

Who's the next to team that will fall victim to the Knights?
If ever this is one strategy the coach deliberately employs, kahit na medyo nakaka-nerbiyos, then i trust coach L Alas knows what he is doing. Maybe Alas is trying to experiment on combinations and not rely to much on their 2 veterans in the early stages until such time na kailangan ng"ipanalo" at the end game.

In this way, he is giving more playing to the 2nd stringers for the coming more important games.

Other teams falter and succumb to pressure at end-games and this could really take a toll on the confidence level for the next games. While Letran has manage to walk the tight rope and still win by the slimmest margin.

We'll take that win any time.

danny
08-04-2006, 01:13 AM
I agree. Letran can convert the pressure of the end-game into an advantage.

Until we meet again.

oca
08-04-2006, 11:13 AM
In that Letran-CSB game, Bill Velasco said something w/c caught my attention. In reference to that defeat to San Beda, Velasco said parang nawala bigla yung "mystique" ng Letran.

For a few minutes on air, he and Butch Maniego discussed this. They pointed out that leading to that July 28 game, people were asking if San Beda can actually beat Letran. More were asking that, i/o of Letran actually beating San Beda. Letran had set the bar high and it was for the rest to rise to the challenge.

Also, pointed out was the close and come from behind wins prior to that game. Parang hindi raw talagang tatalunin ang Letran. Yet, that Friday, the outcome left no doubt who is now king of the hill.

That "mystique" discussion came about probably because in that Letran-CSB game, Velasco may have seen something on CSB as it played the Knights. CSB showed no respect and could have won the game if they had a more poised PG.

I wasn't there at the venue and contented myself watching the evening replay. But for Messrs. Velasco and Maniego to actually discuss on air what they saw in Letran and how CSB played them, I think Letran would be having more of those close games to play this second round... and the results may just be too discomforting to the Letran faithful.

Sa akin, it's for the rest of the team to do something about it. Bautista and Aban are the constants in the equation. Yung bench ang variable.

ESCALERA JR.
08-04-2006, 05:14 PM
Very true, oca. The 6 wins of Letran were not really convincing for me. Siguro nahaluan lang ng konting swerte. I myself was surprised at the lofty standing of the Knights in the 1st round.

Convincing or not, we'll take those wins no matter what. Kahit papano, kabahan man lang ang mga kalaban.

But I feel the 2nd rd games of the Knights against the MIT, PCU and SBC would be very uncomfortable. Buti na lang nakapag-puhunan na ng 7 wins. Ipanalo na lang namin at least 3 of the reamining 6 games, pasok na sa f4. Anything more than 3 wins, we could take the top 2 slate.

But if ever Letran goes all the way to the Finals, well, iba nang usapan niyan. Diyan ko na ipupusta ang sweldo ko! :)

funchum
08-04-2006, 05:21 PM
frankly i am not comfortable to put balneg the title of the third knight, to easy to flare up and he easily cracks on pressure...

mas safe at mas reliable si Faundo at si Jazul, i rememebr Jazul when he was still playing in high school, deadly perimeter shots... I believe if this 2 guys would step up to the challenge, together with mondragon this would make it more interesting to all the other teams and games this coming next games..

From your friendly Neighborhood bedista.

darcy
08-04-2006, 10:40 PM
frankly i am not comfortable to put balneg the title of the third knight, to easy to flare up and he easily cracks on pressure...

mas safe at mas reliable si Faundo at si Jazul, i rememebr Jazul when he was still playing in high school, deadly perimeter shots...* I believe if this 2 guys would step up to the challenge, together with mondragon this would make it more interesting to all the other teams and games this coming next games..

From your friendly Neighborhood bedista.

At least Balneg is making the most out of his playing time now, unlike last year.

oca
08-06-2006, 07:33 PM
Very true, oca. The 6 wins of Letran were not really convincing for me.* Siguro nahaluan lang ng konting swerte.* I myself was surprised at the lofty standing of the Knights in the 1st round.

Convincing or not, we'll take those wins no matter what.* Kahit papano, kabahan man lang ang mga kalaban.

But I feel the 2nd rd games of the Knights against the MIT, PCU and SBC would be very uncomfortable. Buti na lang nakapag-puhunan na ng 7 wins.* Ipanalo na lang* namin at least 3 of the reamining 6 games, pasok na sa f4.* Anything more than 3 wins, we could take the top 2 slate.

But if ever Letran goes all the way to the Finals, well, iba nang usapan niyan. Diyan ko na ipupusta ang sweldo ko! :)

Unless a third player steps up- consistently- and help Bautista and Aban in point production, I suggest hawakan mo ang sweldo mo! Even in the Finals, the way defense is played at NC', any team would need a third, even a fourth option.

No team can win with just 2 scoring options against San Beda, PCU and even MIT. Take note, against PCU, kundi pumutok si Bautista for 30 pts, malamang talo Letran. Against MIT, the Cardinals were actually in control of the game until they played "protecting their slim lead" when infact there was lots of time left in the game.

Will Bautista score another 30 vs PCU this next round? Will MIT commit the same mistake? Of course, against San Beda, Letran will just have to find ways to score.

As I have stated in my previous post..yung bench ang variable sa equation.

ESCALERA JR.
08-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Next game for the Knights exactly a week from now on Aug. 16. Tagal pa nun. Tulog muna tayo!!! 8)

bugleboy
08-12-2006, 04:58 PM
^it's good that the guys didn't sleepwalk through their game yesterday vs. the heavy bombers. way to go, knights!

ESCALERA JR.
08-12-2006, 06:58 PM
The Letran Knights and SBC Red Lions has a stranglehold on the 1 & 2 positions for nearly 3 weeks now, this early i would predict the finals will be between these 2 schools.

However i would like to see the Knights take the #1 position as being #2 will most probably take on #3 PCU which is much very capable of dislodging the 2nd slot. With only one game separating the 2nd and 3rd, it would still be a close call, mahirap na baka matisod pa pagdating sa final 4.

#4 slot is a long shot to upset the top seed, so i hope Letran will win their remaining 4 games. Without a legit center and relying entirely on defense, experience and most of all "luck" better to be safe and sound waiting as a finalist and from there on, i know the Knights will be in familiar territory.

DERECHO LETRAN !!!

ESCALERA JR.
08-31-2006, 07:45 PM
NEXT jOUST FOR THE LC kNIGHTS : Wednesday Sept.6. ARANETA COLISEUM vs SBC Red Lions

A no-bearing game for the RL... it would be impossible to overcome their 2 game lead.
However ending the elims on a winnig note would do wonders for the team.

Whatever the outcome of the next game would not change their #1 position. Letran and Pcu though are locked in 2nd and 3rd place...it all boils down to a best of 3 if PCU beats Mapua also on wednesday.

ESCALERA JR.
09-06-2006, 07:52 PM
Another chance slipped away.

KEEP on DIGGING KNIGHTS!!! Lets TRY AGAIN ON FRI. vs PCU Dolphines. >:(

cub
09-06-2006, 09:37 PM
^ wala pong "e" yung dolphins.. :P

lekiboy
09-07-2006, 12:25 AM
^ wala pong "e" yung dolphins.. :P

may 'e" yun...DOLPHIES...o tingnan mo! ;D

danny
09-07-2006, 01:08 AM
Another chance slipped away.

KEEP on DIGGING KNIGHTS!!! Lets TRY AGAIN ON FRI. vs PCU Dolphines. >:(

Goodluck on your next game against PCU!

ESCALERA JR.
09-07-2006, 10:13 PM
ONE MORE TIME FOR THE KNIGHTS...FRIDAY 4PM ARANETA COLISEUM

ARRIBA LETRAN!!! BEAT PCU DOLPHINS :)

christian
09-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Sirs, any news on coach Alas?

ESCALERA JR.
09-10-2006, 11:04 PM
ONE LAST CHANCE for the KNIGHTS on Wed. Sept.13 4 PM

I refuse to give up on the Letran Knights chances, not until its all over.

It was a sorry loss last Friday against the Dolphins, nevertheless there is still a glimmer of hope come wed. I hope next time the boys of coach Alas would not put themselves in a situation where they'd put themselves in a hole they could not get out. The 20 pt advantage of PCU was too much to handle for the 2nd stringers, nauubos talaga pagdating sa dulo.

oNE MORE TIME knigths... arriba letran!!!

bugleboy
09-13-2006, 09:15 AM
i don't know -- pcu doesn't look all that invincible, so there is still an outside chance that the knights can pull this off. however, that all depends, as coach louie said, on willpower. arriba!

cub
09-13-2006, 08:34 PM
see you next season guys.. :)

danny
09-14-2006, 12:55 AM
See you next year, Letran.

bugleboy
09-14-2006, 08:37 AM
well, ganyan talaga ang buhay. good luck to the red lions and the dolphins in their championship series!

LION
09-14-2006, 10:02 AM
Balneg, Jazul, Daa, Quinday, Mondragon and Faundo will have one year to hone their offensive skills. Yan na lang ang kulang. Nandiyan na ang depensa eh.

ESCALERA JR.
09-14-2006, 08:31 PM
hAY NAKU! No More JOUSTS for the KNights!

Just wondering where it all started ( losing). Since the PBA Draft, the Knights never tasted another win. 5 straight loses...tsk tsk tsk...

But it was a nice ride. I guess this would be the last Hurrah for Letran for the meantime,... the last vestiges of the champion team ends with Bautista and Aban, rebuilding time once again, for how many years i don't know.

Time to look for the next Grand Knight to carry Letran's name in the next season.

ARRIBA pa rin!!!

letranense1620
09-16-2006, 07:51 AM
We’ll always do our best to become better every year.
- Coach Louie

Arriba Letran!!!

danny
09-23-2006, 03:40 AM
Maraming salamat Escalera at sa mga ibang Letranistang nagbigay suporta sa koponang San Beda!

Salamat ng madami mga kasama!

bugleboy
09-23-2006, 11:10 AM
^congratulations, danny. this was truly a glorious season for your red lions!

ESCALERA JR.
09-23-2006, 11:17 AM
In behalf of my fellow Letran GAME-FACERS, sama na rin natin ang mga Letran PEXERS

CONGRATS TO THE 2006 NCAA CHAMPIONS SAN BEDA RED LIONS

onthebluecorner
09-23-2006, 02:12 PM
Congratulations San Beda red Lioms for baging the 82nd season's crown...See yah next season!

knightmare
10-05-2006, 10:23 PM
what's next for the knights

Is Wong (from Squires) going to play for the Knights next year? Any recruits?

What will be the starting 5?

Jazul, Balneg, Melegrito, Daa, Faundo?

ESCALERA JR.
11-04-2006, 10:42 AM
TODAY Nov. 4 HOMEGROWN CUP - College Edition

4 PM SAN JUAN de LETRAN KNIGHTS VS De LASALLE GREEN ARCHERS

bugleboy
11-04-2006, 11:18 AM

i'm hoping that green and tagarda will suit up for the knights next year. however, we need a dominating center as both faundo and foronda seem too soft. i hope alas will come up with instant-impact recruits in the same mold of sbc's escobal and ekwe.

ESCALERA JR.
11-05-2006, 08:04 PM

i'm hoping that green and tagarda will suit up for the knights next year.* however, we need a dominating center as both faundo and foronda seem too soft.* i hope alas will come up with instant-impact recruits in the same mold of sbc's escobal and ekwe.
Talking about dominating center, i heard of a new recruit (amboy daw) waiting in the wings. Reports(chismis) buzzing around is that he could be an impact player. Any idea who this guy is? ???

bchoter
11-18-2006, 10:45 PM
^ A former Letranite and editor-in-chief of the school paper also remarked about this guy. He even swears he's already seen on campus.

Totoo kaya?

ESCALERA JR.
11-18-2006, 11:42 PM
This early, the guy is already making an impact... not on the basketball court, but inside the campus.

Word is that coeds are swooning not because of his sound basketball skills but from his good looks. Wag naman sana...baka puro porma ang mangyari dito.

bchoter
11-19-2006, 10:42 PM
^ Or baka laging nanlalambot ang tuhod ;)

Joescoundrel
11-20-2006, 03:16 PM
Balneg, Daa and Jazul are an underrated rotation at the perimeter. These guys can run, jump, change directions, defend, move the ball and move without the ball very hell, apart from the basic perimeter skills of shooting and slashing. Balneg is special though, and I believe he could become an Aaron Aban-type, same body, same skill set, same mental toughness, same hardcore attitude.

Faundo, Foronda and Guevara need work like a '67 Dodge Rambler needs work. Foronda is quite surprising considering he was a mid to high profile recruit in his freshman class. He's a legit 6'5" and 200 pounds and has the strength to hold his position in both boxes. Unless Letran is hiding another Kerby Raymundo or JR Reyes somewhere in Muralla I believe Coach Louie Alas should simply try to work on the guys he already has.

Escalera, what are the vital statistics of Darrel Green? Last time I saw him he looked just a shade over 6'2" and somewhere in the vicinity of 185 pounds. That's be way too small even for the power forward spot in college.

LION
11-20-2006, 04:45 PM
This early, the guy is already making an impact... not on the basketball court, but inside the campus.

Word is that coeds are swooning not because of his sound basketball skills but from his good looks.* Wag naman sana...baka puro porma ang mangyari dito.

Kayo naman o. Magagalit si Mark "Pretty Boy" Andaya niyan. Siya lang ang bukod tanging pretty boy ng Letran at wala ng iba. Jokes lang mga kaibigan.

ESCALERA JR.
11-20-2006, 08:46 PM
Balneg, Daa and Jazul are an underrated rotation at the perimeter. These guys can run, jump, change directions, defend, move the ball and move without the ball very hell, apart from the basic perimeter skills of shooting and slashing. Balneg is special though, and I believe he could become an Aaron Aban-type, same body, same skill set, same mental toughness, same hardcore attitude.

Faundo, Foronda and Guevara need work like a '67 Dodge Rambler needs work. Foronda is quite surprising considering he was a mid to high profile recruit in his freshman class. He's a legit 6'5" and 200 pounds and has the strength to hold his position in both boxes. Unless Letran is hiding another Kerby Raymundo or JR Reyes somewhere in Muralla I believe Coach Louie Alas should simply try to work on the guys he already has.

Escalera, what are the vital statistics of Darrel Green? Last time I saw him he looked just a shade over 6'2" and somewhere in the vicinity of 185 pounds. That's be way too small even for the power forward spot in college.

joe, darell green was listed as 6'2'',190 lbs 2 seasons ago while still playing for the squires. Unfortunately, he won't be suiting up for the Knights next season. Sayang nga, may calibre pa naman itong batang to.

Joescoundrel
11-21-2006, 02:12 PM
Where in the world is Green going then? ???

ESCALERA JR.
11-21-2006, 10:21 PM
...report was he's been scrimaging with the UST Tigers. Goodluck na lng sa kanya...we wish him well.

LION
11-22-2006, 09:16 AM
OT, gusto ko yung nakasulat sa likod ng jerseys ng Letran... "Play Hard" at "Play Smart".

That shoudl really be the mindset of all players. Galing.

Pwedeng gayahin? Ang sa amin naman "Play harder, play smarter". ;D

ESCALERA JR.
03-10-2007, 11:20 AM
Knights Camp...sooo painfully Quuiiiieeeeet!!!! ???

Next joust would probably be on opening day of Season 83 :D

christian
03-13-2007, 09:30 PM
Oo nga pare, nakakabingi ang tahimik nyo, kumusta mga recruits/transferees nyo? aside from boyet and aaron, sino pa nawal sa inyo?

ESCALERA JR.
03-15-2007, 09:24 PM
^Aside from these 2, a couple of guys not really worth mentioning.

On new recruits/ and new "hugots", we'll just have to wait and see come June. Coach L.Alas is one low-profile guy who keeps his cards close to himself. Maybe he's cooking up something. Puputok na lang yan pag-simula na ng NC Season ;).

christian
03-16-2007, 09:29 PM
Suspense... any clue? :)

ESCALERA JR.
03-17-2007, 05:51 PM
S.E.C.R.E.T. ;D

letranense1620
04-01-2007, 11:47 AM
updates naman dyan oh

ESCALERA JR.
06-28-2007, 04:44 PM
Friday games: 29 June@ The San Juan Arena

CSJL KNIGHTS v CSB BLAZERS

arriba95
06-29-2007, 08:04 PM
Win # 2! Letran 92, Benilde 81. Arriba!

Howard the Duck
06-30-2007, 07:09 PM
sana parehong 5-0 ang SBC at LC by july 25 :P

ESCALERA JR.
06-30-2007, 09:27 PM
I will be surprised if ever we get 5-wins leading to the sbc-csjl next month.

Conservatively, a win-loss record of 3-2 would be more doable.

But who knows, baka pwede rin... Iba talaga itong si ALAS, sabi ko na nga ba magaling sa diskarte at balasa ng tao kahit puro baguhan.

Nice to see 2 - 0 wins/loss card. ;D

then maybe 3-0...4-0 ;D galing!!!

ESCALERA JR.
07-06-2007, 11:29 AM
gAME #3

CSJL kNIGHTS V SSC STAGS

2:00PM ARENA, SAN JUAN

PREDICTION: Letran winning by a slim margin.

Arriba 8)

LION
07-06-2007, 01:47 PM
Pag blue collar ang work attitude ng mga players mo, talagang gaganahan kang mag coach.

This year's batch of Knights are lacking in blue chip players but they all play hard. Good start by Letran, indeed.

danny
07-10-2007, 04:13 AM
I will be surprised if ever we get 5-wins leading to the sbc-csjl next month.

Conservatively, a win-loss record of 3-2 would be more doable.

But who knows, baka pwede rin... Iba talaga itong si ALAS, sabi ko na nga ba magaling sa diskarte at balasa ng tao kahit puro baguhan.

Nice to see 2 - 0 wins/loss card. ;D

then maybe 3-0...4-0 ;D galing!!!

The Knights has always been an NCAA powerhouse with or w/out the star players. I will not be suprised if they get 5 wins leading to the game with out Red Lions.

If that will be the case, expect another PR release from the NCAA for another blockbuster game.
Last year's game between the San Beda and Letran (together with San Beda-PCU) broke the NCAA sales record.

Sa mga basketball programs din naman natin napupunta ang benepisyo.:D

mighty_lion
07-10-2007, 10:12 AM
July 25 is the day. Red vs. Blue.

Animo San Beda!
Arriba Letran!

ESCALERA JR.
07-11-2007, 07:53 AM
TODAY'S GAME @4pm vs UPHDS Perps

after winning three consecutve games, am now confident to predict win#4 by at least 5pts or more.

Hwag sana ma-jnx :P

LION
07-11-2007, 07:56 AM
Ingat kayo sa mga siko ni Kong. At sa mga pa simple ni Lee. ;D

ESCALERA JR.
07-11-2007, 08:21 AM
thanks for the warning Lion, but im sure our guys will give them what they take as well ;).

pasalamat sila wala na si balneg ;D but Bogart'kojak'melegrito and Dangcal still around...sa hitsura nalng matatakot na itong 2 koreano :D

nash_bedista
07-11-2007, 01:47 PM
baka gusto makatikim ni KONG na Arriba Letran! :D

danny
07-12-2007, 02:28 AM
Sabi ko sa iyo Escalera... todas ang Perpetual sa Letran. :D

The old Letranites will be coming in droves come Araneta game. The NCAA Mancom is seeing moolah again. ;D :D

lekiboy
07-12-2007, 09:26 AM
I received reports that JRU is looking at Cuneta instead of Araneta for the SBC vs LC game... palpak.

LION
07-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Kung hindi araneta sa philsports na lang. Unless buhay pa ang Ms. Universe. ;D

christian
07-12-2007, 11:17 AM
Cuneta? are they out of their mind? laki ng mawawala sa kanila

ESCALERA JR.
07-13-2007, 07:45 PM
Sabi ko sa iyo Escalera... todas ang Perpetual sa Letran. :D

The old Letranites will be coming in droves come Araneta game. The NCAA Mancom is seeing moolah again. ;D :D

umubra kaya mga SIKO nii Kong/Lee. nun laro. Matitigas mga panga ng mgabata ni Alas. ;D
t'was just like an ordinary day at the office for theintramuros boys..

Next Stop...J R U Bombers. July 20 WED.

ESCALERA JR.
07-14-2007, 08:52 AM
^ corretion: July 20 FRIDAY pala yon 8)

ESCALERA JR.
07-22-2007, 06:00 AM
Games on WED 25 July

CSJL KNIGHTS v SBC Red LIONS

The Arena...take note... @ The SAN JUAN, A R E N A ...hindi sa Araneta :o

ESCALERA JR.
09-15-2007, 11:44 AM
The K N I G H T S and S Q U I R E S of Colegio de San Juan de Letran.

Our next JOUSTS will be on Wed. Sept. 19, 26 and Fri. Sept 28.

Prepare for Battle!

SQUIRES vs Staglets

KNIGHTS vs Red Lions

bugleboy
09-19-2007, 10:59 PM
bloodied but unbowed. one game down for our knights and squires, TWO GAMES TO GO!

it ain't over yet, red lions and staglets. get your gamefaces on!

LION
09-20-2007, 10:27 AM
Great game yesterday Knights. A well fought game. Matindi talagang kalaban ang Letran.

Howard the Duck
09-20-2007, 05:52 PM
sana may 2 jousts pa :P

bladerunner
09-26-2007, 09:08 AM
Good Luck to the Knights!

I, along with five other kabarkadas from SJLC GS '84 & HS '88 who went on to UP for college, will
be rooting for you! Let's give the Red Lions a good fight!

ARRIBA LETRAN!!!

ESCALERA JR.
02-29-2008, 04:59 PM
After FMC, whats next for the Knights?

Rafiboy_05
02-29-2008, 06:41 PM
After FMC, whats next for the Knights?

kasali tayo sa Filoil Preseason Invitational Cup sa april. first game tayo against ADMU then DLSU vs SBC yung 2nd game

ESCALERA JR.
06-24-2008, 08:32 PM
K N I G H T S J O U S T S
NCAA Season 84
@
ARANETA COLISEUM

First Blood: JRU Bombers

1 - 0

:D ;D

ARRIBA LETRAN!

danny
06-25-2008, 01:38 AM
Arriba Letran!
Animo San Beda!

Goodluck to all of us.

Sir Escalera, are you in Pinas for the opening? :)

lekiboy
06-25-2008, 09:05 AM
mga kuya, pag LC sa finals.... 20% ha?... ;D ;D

ESCALERA JR.
06-25-2008, 11:34 AM
Arriba Letran!
Animo San Beda!

Goodluck to all of us.

Sir Escalera,* are you in Pinas for the opening? :)

Nope..I am reserving my holiday leave for our Finals meet ;D

Malakas ang kutob ko tayo ulit sa Finals!
\
J.s ansd Srs

ANIMO
Arriba!!!

ESCALERA JR.
06-25-2008, 11:39 AM
mga kuya, pag LC sa finals.... 20% ha?...* ;D ;D

;D :D ;)

Painomin ko kayo ni LION ng Red Wine

christian
06-25-2008, 03:00 PM
Sama ako diyan sir.... ;D

ESCALERA JR.
06-25-2008, 03:20 PM
Sama ako diyan sir....* ;D

Pag-tinalo ng Letran and Sanbeda ng dalawang sunod, lulunurin ko lahat ang Bedistang Gamefacers ng Red Wine ;D

Promise yan :P

-insane-
06-25-2008, 03:36 PM
kaya ba natin un hehehe

ESCALERA JR.
06-25-2008, 06:15 PM
^ah... ???ehhh...argh...kaya!

kakayanin ::)

christian
06-26-2008, 12:34 PM
Hehehe good luck sa atin sir :P

ilovedhay
06-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Wla pa bang final line-up's this season 84 for the Knights?

King_stag
06-26-2008, 05:24 PM
JP Belencion, Jam Cortez, Rhaydan Lacamento, Alvyn Cabonce, Kirk del Rosario, Dino Daa, Rey Dangcal, John Foronda, Clarence Foronda, Rey Guevarra, Reymar Gutilban, RJ Jazul, Anjoe Latonio, Kojack Melegrito and Regin Ranises.

ESCALERA JR.
06-27-2008, 03:50 PM
K N I G H T S* *J O U S T S
* * * NCAA Season 84
* * * * * * * @
* *ARANETA COLISEUM

First Blood:* JRU Bombers

1 - 0

:D ;D

ARRIBA LETRAN!

Isang tulog pa o di kaya...

Wala(ng) Tulugan ;D

Semenelin
06-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Congrats ;)

nicksy
06-28-2008, 10:30 PM
congrat's mga Letranista,

Howard the Duck
06-28-2008, 10:31 PM
pogi kami pangit kayo

bwahahahah

nash_bedista
06-28-2008, 10:58 PM
yung narinig ko yung drums, kala ko ung beat nung "KATAWAN" ng hagibihis,

lang ya, nag bwelo lang pala sabay sabi :POGI KAMI, PANGIT KAYO.... hahah classic

Howard the Duck
06-28-2008, 10:59 PM
ano yung laging tugtog ng JRU pep? yung blowing bubbles ba yun? :D

enjoy pala manood ng NCAA kahit tambak :P

Rafiboy_05
06-28-2008, 11:01 PM
yung narinig ko yung drums, kala ko ung beat nung "KATAWAN" ng hagibihis,

lang ya, nag bwelo lang pala sabay sabi :POGI KAMI, PANGIT KAYO.... hahah classic

Pogi Kami! Pangit Kayo! hahaha! dami kasi nag-rerequest na alumni kaya tinugtog namin. sana lang di kami pagalitan ni Father dun hehehe! ;D

1-0.... Arriba Letran! next game sa friday pa

nicksy
06-28-2008, 11:37 PM
yung isang tugtug nga nila parang kang nasa el shadai, hehehe ;D peace

calle_sorbetes
06-30-2008, 12:50 PM
ARRIBA LETRAN!
Next Joust: Blazers

They've beaten us in the last Fil-oil pre-season tourney, don't count them out. Plus, they've finally come to their senses and won over PCU.

Get_Blazed
07-03-2008, 07:01 PM
ARRIBA LETRAN!
Next Joust: Blazers

They've beaten us in the last Fil-oil pre-season tourney, don't count them out. Plus, they've finally come to their senses and won over PCU.

Good luck to both teams on tomorrow's game. Hope the Knights wouldnt be overconfident. Dont count us out yet! ;)

Rafiboy_05
07-04-2008, 08:54 PM
congratz sa Knights, panalo tayo sa Blazers! buti na lang pumutok si Jazul.

nagalit sa amin yung mga elementary teachers nung tinugtog namin yung "Pogi Kami! Pangit Kayo" hanggat di kami pinapatigil ni Father di namin ititigil yun hehehe!

danny
07-05-2008, 02:48 AM
Whoa! Go Jazul!

Pareng Escalera, anong matatalo muna ala FPJ sa CSB and sinasabi mo? Ikaw talaga. Papayag ba naman diyan si Alas? ;D ;)

ESCALERA JR.
07-05-2008, 06:10 AM
^pareng danny, totoo nman nagpabugbug muna nun 1st Qtr diba... ;D

Di na kasi nakatiis tong si FPJazul, nanggigil masyado kaya ayun...nirapido na ng kaliwat kanan (37pts, 8 rebounds, 5assts, 3stls).

baka sa Aug 1 na lang kami magpa-bugbug 8);D

MonL
07-05-2008, 09:12 AM
^pareng danny, totoo nman nagpabugbug muna nun 1st Qtr diba... ;D

Di na kasi nakatiis tong si FPJazul, nanggigil masyado kaya ayun...nirapido na ng kaliwat kanan (37pts, 8 rebounds, 5assts, 3stls).

baka sa Aug 1 na lang kami magpa-bugbug* 8);D

At anong akala mo sa amin, Paquito Diaz aka Daddy Goon? Hinde, oy! :D

May (JRU)Bomber Moran na tayo. One down na kayo. ;D

The_Big_Cat
07-05-2008, 01:21 PM
RJ Jazul is a modified version of 1992 PBA MVP, Ato Agustin.

Get_Blazed
07-05-2008, 07:52 PM
Congratulations to the Knights for winning against us! I though we were really poised to win but crumbled late in the third quarter.

Joescoundrel
07-05-2008, 11:08 PM
RJ Jazul scored 37 points and had eight assists to singlehandedly lead the Knights over the St Benilde Blazers. Boyet Melegrito did an outstanding job getting in the faces of the hot Benilde guards to stymie them in the second half.

MonL
07-06-2008, 05:36 AM
^And Kojak Melegrito may be a quicker version (trumpong kangkarot) of 'Man of Bronze' Ramon Navales of those late 70s Knights teams. The guy's got tree trunks for legs(troso). No other player epitomized ruggedness and "intimidation at first sight" then, except perhaps teammate Ted McKinney who came as a close second.

lekiboy
07-06-2008, 10:27 AM
^And Kojak Melegrito may be a quicker version (trumpong kangkarot) of 'Man of Bronze' Ramon Navales of those late 70s Knights teams. The guy's got tree trunks for legs(troso). No other player epitomized ruggedness and "intimidation at first sight" then, except perhaps teammate Ted McKinney who came as a close second.

kay borgie lang di umubra looks ni melegrito - after each game, maga ang tenga ni kojack.. :):):)

-insane-
07-07-2008, 05:57 PM
mejo na rattle lng poh csb kaya natalo hehehe

galing ni player of the week
JAZUL

ESCALERA JR.
07-07-2008, 06:41 PM
^No text speak please. ;)

Coming soon: Knights vs Dolphins

calle_sorbetes
07-08-2008, 11:29 PM
Next Joust: PCU Dolphins
The returnees versus the contenders. ;D
Friday, 4pm.

ARRIBA LETRAN! ;)

-insane-
07-10-2008, 08:06 PM
gud lak sa lahat ng knights

calle_sorbetes
07-12-2008, 12:32 AM
Arriba Letran!
3 - 0 on the run!

Next Joust: SSC-R Golden Stags

Wed, July 16, 2008, 2pm.
Cuneta Astrodome.

calle_sorbetes
07-16-2008, 10:20 PM
Arriba Letran!
3 - 0 on the run!

Next Joust: SSC-R Golden Stags

Wed, July 16, 2008, 2pm.
Cuneta Astrodome.

Just won over the Stags.
ARRIBA LETRAN!
Next Joust: UPHR Altas.

danny
07-18-2008, 01:39 AM
Tindi ng Letran! Ayos!

Arriba!
Animo!

boozer
07-18-2008, 06:18 PM
Letran escaped with a 63-62 win.

Best Player of the game: Mike Kong

bladerunner
07-18-2008, 06:22 PM
I agree, Mike Kong was the best player of the game.

Dysam was 2nd best. ;D

-insane-
07-19-2008, 03:20 PM
tama kayo jan ang galing ni mike kong xa ang nagpanalo sa letran hehehe

-insane-
07-19-2008, 03:21 PM
next joust: MIT Cardinals

calle_sorbetes
07-19-2008, 03:27 PM
next joust: MIT Cardinals

This will be the real dangerous thing going for Letran aside, of course, from San Beda. The Battle of Intramuros is just one unpredictable game. The Crads really fight their hearts out when they battle out with th Knights.
May the best Intramuros-based squad wins. :)

-insane-
07-22-2008, 10:50 AM
this will be a very exciting game... mahihirapan knights sa cards e2 na ang unang test para LC... simula 98 di pa nasweep ng letran ang Cards sa buong season lague nakakaisa ang cards

ilovedhay
07-23-2008, 04:04 PM
Arriba Letran shoot for solo no.1 spot. Red Lions absorb their first defeat at the hand of JRU Heavy Bombers. We are facing MIT Cardinals therefore we called it "Siege at Intramuros"

ARRIBA LETRAN...

ESCALERA JR.
07-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Finally Rey Guevara coming out of his shell.

Next Joust against the San Beda Red Lions for a sweep of the 1st round.

letranense1620
07-23-2008, 11:09 PM
IMO si Guevarra na lang kulang sa championship puzzle ng Letran.

Meron ng Jazul at Daa.

calle_sorbetes
07-24-2008, 01:48 AM
^ His game against MIT was convincing for me. hehehe.

-insane-
07-25-2008, 05:04 PM
sure no.1 na tau sa 1st round hehehe

sana ma sweep natin first round

ARRIBA LETRAN beat SAN BEDA

dark_blue
07-26-2008, 08:46 AM
sana manalo...

kita kits sa july 30!

ilovedhay
07-31-2008, 08:49 PM
This is make or break for the Knights to reclaim the title this season 84. I think 8 or 6 players will be graduating or age eligibility likes of Ray Dangcal, Dino Daa, Regin Ranises, Kojack Melegrito, Alywin Cabonce, Raymar Gutilban, Rey Guevarra and RJ Jazul. But I see Jaypee Belacion will be a key player next season plus bull strong Jam Cortes and vastly improved John Foronda I think PBL Teams keep an eye for them. We may see Taplah and Jun Alas as rookies. Anything still possible for us.

The_Big_Cat
08-01-2008, 10:39 AM
^I thought Jazul & Daa have one more year left in them after Season 84?

cub
08-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Daa will be turning 25 before season85 starts so he's not eligible. while i think Jazul has still a year left. this is only his 4th year playing and he was born in 1986 so he's eligible next year.

-insane-
08-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Daa will be turning 25 before season85 starts so he's not eligible. while i think Jazul has still a year left. this is only his 4th year playing and he was born in 1986 so he's eligible next year.

ang alam ko pwede pa si daa nxt year kasi si ekwe 26 na poh ngayon eh nd pwede poh maglaro gang 26

The_Big_Cat
08-04-2008, 03:06 PM

ang alam ko pwede pa si daa nxt year kasi si ekwe 26 na poh ngayon eh nd pwede poh maglaro gang 26

Samuel Ekwe is 24 years.

Regular Grey
08-05-2008, 12:05 AM

Insane maraming beses ka na sinabihan ng bawal ang twxt speak, Bakit ba yung Po mo e may H pa?

LION
08-05-2008, 07:55 AM
^Kabalen?

ESCALERA JR.
08-05-2008, 12:33 PM
INSANE, you have been warned before.

Please stop using text speak...and while at it, review your spelling as well... you're driving us insane >:(

BedanRoar
08-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Perfect example of the negative effects of text messaging in one's communication skills.

Get_Blazed
08-05-2008, 01:47 PM
See you guys on wed! Good luck to both teams.;)

-insane-
08-11-2008, 04:07 PM
sorry po

-insane-
08-11-2008, 04:28 PM
This is make or break for the Knights to reclaim the title this season 84. I think 8 or 6 players will be graduating or age eligibility likes of Ray Dangcal, Dino Daa, Regin Ranises, Kojack Melegrito, Alywin Cabonce, Raymar Gutilban, Rey Guevarra and RJ Jazul. But I see Jaypee Belacion will be a key player next season plus bull strong Jam Cortes and vastly improved John Foronda I think PBL Teams keep an eye for them. We may see Taplah and Jun Alas as rookies. Anything still possible for us.

may napanuod po ako na interview kay rey G ang sabi nya 2years pa daw sha maglalaro sa LC

The_Big_Cat
08-11-2008, 04:31 PM

may napanuod po ako na interview kay rey G ang sabi nya 2years pa daw sha maglalaro sa LC

Sabay yata sila ni Jazul pumasok. May one year pa sila after Season 84.

ilovedhay
08-15-2008, 10:54 AM
Good luck later. Go for repeat against the JRU.

nash_bedista
08-15-2008, 02:29 PM
sana manalo kayo mga kapatid from Intramuros! ;D

Arriba Letran :D

-insane-
08-26-2008, 03:23 PM
friday aug29 LC VS MIT

ESCALERA JR.
09-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Aug 17 WED and 19 FRI.

LETRAN KNIGHTS vs JRU Heavy Bombers

Arriba Letran!!!

ilovedhay
09-16-2008, 06:03 AM
Aug 17 WED and* 19 FRI.

LETRAN KNIGHTS* * vs* JRU Heavy Bombers

Arriba Letran!!!

start of the virtual best of three

LION
09-16-2008, 07:24 AM
^ UFC? Parang trilogy. ;D Sayang wala na si Quinday magandang matchup pa naman nila ni Nocom at Pradas.

-insane-
09-18-2008, 09:02 PM
hehehe pati c faundo para tuloy ang rambulan nila

ilovedhay
09-19-2008, 07:34 PM
Till next year. Knight will be back for better. Lucky enough they still get into final 4 for 6th straight year. Despite lack of size and no deep bench they managed to give a big fight. Next year there will no more Dino Daa, Kojack Melegrito, Alywin Cabonce, Regin Raneses and Reymar Gutilban. Next year a lot of good team b players will be elevated next year in season 85. Jun Alas, Taplah (should be in the line up this season which was supposed to void by Kirk Del Rosario due to injury during off season), Marvin Soriano and there is a transferee from FEU Team B who stand 6'4, they said is a combine package of Dino Daa and Amiel Syhongpan.

Get_Blazed
09-19-2008, 07:46 PM
I feel bad for the Knights. Not that I am implying anything, but I feel that Letran was robbed of the victory(similar to what happened in the 2nd round match between CSB and UPHD). Better luck next year, guys. :-X

bugleboy
09-19-2008, 10:07 PM
i also feel bad, but only because the knights tried so hard and still came up short. anyway, the main thing is that they went down fighting. i'll just consider the last few plays of the match to be unlucky breaks. ganoon talaga ang buhay.

to all the knights, thanks for the efforts. rj jazul, don't feel too bad. you bailed us out many times in the past, and for all that, we are thankful. may next year pa naman e. arriba!

ESCALERA JR.
09-19-2008, 10:41 PM
NO MORE JOUSTS FOR THE LETRAN KNIGHTS

Time to replace our chinky armours and rusty swords for next years battle.

Nevertheless, it was a gallant stand.

Arriba Letran!!!

KingRedLion
09-20-2008, 12:58 AM
NO MORE JOUSTS FOR THE LETRAN KNIGHTS

Time to replace our chinky armours and rusty swords for next years battle.

Nevertheless, it was a gallant stand.

Arriba Letran!!!

Is it true that Letran filed a protest regarding the last play that was perceived by most as a foul on RJ Jazul? I'm attaching the article from www.ubelt.com which it appears on.

http://www.ubelt.com/blogs/jonasterrado/viewpost.aspx?id=981

JRU goes to the finals as Letran files protest

Jose Rizal University reached its first finals in seven years as the squeaked past Letran in a thrilling 63-61 victory in the 84th NCAA basketball final four at the Cuneta Astrodome.

The Heavy Bombers were down by three points with two minutes left but went through John Wilson and James Sena while making a game-saving stop at the last possession to secure the win.

Sena finished with 13 points and 11 rebounds as he scored a finger roll off the post with 31.2 ticks to go that erased a 61-60 deficit.

Marc Cagoco finished with 11 points despite a 3-of-17 shooting from the field while Wilson hit 10 points, including a layup off a Kojack Melegrito turnover with 1:08 left that cut Letran’s lead to a point.

On the game’s last possession, RJ Jazul drove to the basket but was blocked by Wilson as JRU preserved the victory. That said play forced Letran to file a protest, claiming that there should have been a foul in favor of Jazul.

The last time JRU made it to the finals was in 2001 where they eventually lost to San Sebastian as MVP Nani Epondulan and Ariel Capus led the squad.

Jazul led Letran with 17 points and eight strals while Dino Daa added 16 pointa and nine rebounds as the Knights recorded a 3-6 mark in the second round and final four combined after finishing the first round with a league-leading 6-1 card.

I had the last part removed as it was about the MIT-SBC game recap.

¡ánimo San Beda!

danny
09-20-2008, 01:17 AM
ARRIBA LETRAN!

If the protest has been filed, I hope you will have a favorable outcome. ;)

nastrans
09-20-2008, 02:27 AM
Yes. the protest was in relation to the last play but it seems aminado si coach Louie na hindi sa kanila mapupunta yung decision since judgment call iyon.

Anyway, Letran had several chances late unfortunately they blew it, too much turnovers and several missed freethrows sealed their doom.

ilovedhay
09-20-2008, 06:57 AM
Anyway let's move on. Better luck next year. We will be back much stronger.

danny
09-20-2008, 07:27 AM
A salute to the Letran Knights!

Arriba!

ESCALERA JR.
09-20-2008, 05:06 PM
uwian na ! ;D

LION
09-22-2008, 01:38 PM
Sayang, the only way the NCAA can salvage a mediocre year is to have a finals series between San Beda and Letran.

Get_Blazed
09-22-2008, 05:23 PM
Sayang, the only way the NCAA can salvage a mediocre year is to have a finals series between San Beda and Letran.

Atleast di tayo mapagiisipan na nagfifix ng meeting between the two. I have heard a lot of people accusing the "other league" as being scripted for having this final match-up. :-X

LION
09-22-2008, 06:07 PM

Atleast di tayo mapagiisipan na nagfifix ng meeting between the two. I have heard a lot of people accusing the "other league" as being scripted for having this final match-up. :-X

And a San Beda vs. CSB finals in the future is also a good prospect. Imagine the Benildeans and La Sallians who will troop to Araneta to gang up on the Bedans. ;D

ilovedhay
09-22-2008, 06:32 PM
Letran is still competitive next season 85. Most of the Team B players will be elevated with likes of Jun Alas, Marvin Soriano, Pantin, Taplah and Malabago (they saw action in the recent Nike Summer League).

Projected Starting Line-up next season 85 are:

Point Guard:* * RJ Jazul/ Kirk Del Rosario / Taplah
Shooting Guard: JP Belencion/ Jun Alas
Small Forward: Rey Guevarra / Anjoe Latonio
Power Forward: Jam Cortes / ?* / Clarence Foronda
Center: John Foronda (unless he improve a lot for next year) / ?

Get_Blazed
09-22-2008, 06:45 PM

And a San Beda vs. CSB finals in the future is also a good prospect. Imagine the Benildeans and La Sallians who will troop to Araneta to gang up on the Bedans. ;D

Mas bebenta ba yun? ;D Sorry OT.

The_Big_Cat
09-22-2008, 08:23 PM
Letran is still competitive next season 85. Most of the Team B players will be elevated with likes of Jun Alas, Marvin Soriano, Pantin, Taplah and Malabago (they saw action in the recent Nike Summer League).

Projected Starting Line-up next season 85 are:

Point Guard:* * RJ Jazul/ Kirk Del Rosario / Taplah
Shooting Guard: JP Belencion/ Jun Alas
Small Forward: Rey Guevarra / Anjoe Latonio
Power Forward: Jam Cortes / ?* / Clarence Foronda
Center: John Foronda (unless he improve a lot for next year) / ?

Kevin Alas would be an excellent replacement for RJ Jazul when RJ leaves after S85.

ilovedhay
09-24-2008, 08:19 PM
I see Glenn Khobuntin as a good addition for season 85. Kevin Alas is torn between Katipunan and Taft Avenue. Jerelan Tampus will be a good natural point guard.

arriba95
09-25-2008, 10:00 AM
Sir, you mean to say Kevin Alas is entertaining thoughts of leaving Muralla? I thought package deal ang Alas family sa atin. The question is, will Coach let his son play under the tutelage of another mentor? Wag naman sana ???

Re the Squires team, I loved the way they played Baste, being underdogs at that. The Fantastic Four (Alas, Khobuntin, Tampus, and Sumang) gave their all. Minalas lang sa huli.

Kudos to Alas for his intelligent plays, Khobuntin for being an agile 'big' man, Tampus for the guts (less ballhogging pls), and Sumang for his leaping ability and smart anchoring skills. May future ang mga batang ito. Finally, hats off to Coach Elmer Latonio for another great season.

STOP THE FOUR-PEAT SEEKING STAGLETS ON FRIDAY!

NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER GIVE IN!

The_Big_Cat
09-25-2008, 10:45 AM
I see Glenn Khobuntin as a good addition for season 85. Kevin Alas is torn between Katipunan and Taft Avenue. Jerelan Tampus will be a good natural point guard.

Glenn Khobuntin is a versatile 6'3" or 6'4 forward. He reminds me of James Mangahas of DLSU.

ilovedhay
09-25-2008, 04:06 PM
Kevin Alas is considered as one of the finest high school players in the country. If there a McDonald All-American High School to be considered as the cream of the crop right now. Definitely all eyes on him. Ateneo and La Salle alumni is all eyeing for him without a doubt. We want Kevin Alas done a Knight uniform, if youre given a lucrative offer from this two schools its very hard to decide. Ateneo needs him to fill the void of Chris Tiu and Yuri Escueta while La Salle is will be missing Jvee Casio. Besides we still have the older brother Junjun Alas for season 85,* my wishlist instead is too keep Glenn Khobuntin and Jeralan Tampus. We had a Team B players will be elevated for next season. I heard that there a lot of Big men, a Fil-Am and transferree from FEU Tamaraws. Still competitive even thought we will be missing Alwyin Cabonce, Kojack Melegrito, Rey Dangcal, Dino Daa, Reymar Gutilban and Regin Ranises.* Top gunner RJ Jazul and Rey Guevarra should play consistently for their final year if they want to create an impact before they to pro-ranks.

Get_Blazed
09-26-2008, 02:56 PM
Kevin Alas is considered as one of the finest high school players in the country. If there a McDonald All-American High School to be considered as the cream of the crop right now. Definitely all eyes on him. Ateneo and La Salle alumni is all eyeing for him without a doubt. We want Kevin Alas done a Knight uniform, if youre given a lucrative offer from this two schools its very hard to decide. Ateneo needs him to fill the void of Chris Tiu and Yuri Escueta while La Salle is will be missing Jvee Casio. Besides we still have the older brother Junjun Alas for season 85, my wishlist instead is too keep Glenn Khobuntin and Jeralan Tampus. We had a Team B players will be elevated for next season. I heard that there a lot of Big men, a Fil-Am and transferree from FEU Tamaraws. Still competitive even thought we will be missing Alwyin Cabonce, Kojack Melegrito, Rey Dangcal, Dino Daa, Reymar Gutilban and Regin Ranises. Top gunner RJ Jazul and Rey Guevarra should play consistently for their final year if they want to create an impact before they to pro-ranks.

Really? I thought Kevin was a sure recruit for CSJL? :o

ilovedhay
09-26-2008, 03:02 PM
a lot things will happen next season 85 for Letran Basketball. Hope that Kevin Alas stays in the walls of Intramuros.

Get_Blazed
09-26-2008, 03:09 PM
a lot things will happen next season 85 for Letran Basketball. Hope that Kevin Alas stays in the walls of Intramuros.

What are the chances?

ilovedhay
09-27-2008, 09:46 AM
They have a bunch of big men stands 6'4 above, there is a transferee from FEU Team B. A much improve version of Dino Daa. Taplah, high flying guard from Letran Calamba will elevated from Team B and JP Belecion and Jam Cortes will be revelation for season 85. Much improve John Foronda who will see action this coming PBL season this year. With a doubt they will be still competitive next year. Add it up also Jun Alas and wishlist for Letran Squires standout who want to be full blooded Knight like Glenn Khobuntin and maybe Kevin Alas. RJ Jazul and Rey Guevarra will be playing their last year next season. Still competitive team plus a good and well respected coach Louie Alas.

Regular Grey
09-28-2008, 08:56 AM
Much improve John Foronda who will see action this coming PBL season this year. With a doubt they will be still competitive next year.

Why are you doubting?

-insane-
09-28-2008, 04:05 PM
si bryan faundo makakabalik pa ba sa knights

ilovedhay
09-28-2008, 05:02 PM
si bryan faundo makakabalik pa ba sa knights

No he will be 25 yrs old... yung maximum age to play college ball

ESCALERA JR.
11-20-2008, 09:00 PM
P C C L

Letran KNIGHTS play San Sebatian Recoletos- Cavite
Sat. Nov.29

ilovedhay
11-20-2008, 09:55 PM
Hard time for us. If just in case Dino Daa is still nursing with his injury. SSC-R Cavite Baycats is dangerous. They won NAASCU and mentored with veteran coach Edgar Macaraya.

ilovedhay
11-20-2008, 09:56 PM
Hard time for us. If just in case Dino Daa is still nursing with his injury. SSC-R Cavite Baycats is dangerous. They won NAASCU and mentored with veteran coach Edgar Macaraya.

dark_blue
11-21-2008, 09:37 AM
I'm not sure 'bout Dino Daa, but I saw him yesterday and I think he was just fine. Mukha namang matibay yung mama. The last time he was injured, he was just walking without the help of his teammates (kasi yung mga teammates nya, busy sa paglalaro ng wheelchair nya ;D).

May God bless our Knights! ARRIBA LETRAN!

http://r9.fodey.com/2029/3e25c502e3944b8b90040c0833810c84.0.gif

nastrans
11-21-2008, 03:28 PM
Sabi daw ni Hapee head coach Gee Abanilla that Dino could come back and play within Hapee's next game so siguro pwede na din siya maglaro for Letran against Baste-Cavite.

Baste-Cavite is a run-and-gun team with a lot of athletic lanky frontline but maybe a slower pace will help Letran set the tempo in this game against the Baycats.

ESCALERA JR.
11-26-2008, 02:24 PM
P C C L

Letran KNIGHTS play San Sebatian Recoletos- Cavite
Sat. Nov.29

On the the next round;D

LC by 10

letranense1620
11-29-2008, 04:46 PM
^ Tito dagdagan mo ng 5 pa. ;D

Letran 85
SSC-R Cavite 70