PDA

View Full Version : Toyota-Otis Knights...No way to go but up!

arriba95
03-24-2006, 03:34 PM
'Tranistas, let me start this topic re our training ground (commercial amateur) of future
basketball superstars...

To Coach Louie, i hope you would never give up (and never give in) in finding the rght formula for our PBL team. i believe it is only a matter of time

bonzie1645
03-24-2006, 09:41 PM
TOYOTA OTIS-LETRAN

4- mark andaya
6- jp alcaraz
7- dennis daa
8- boyet bautista
9- patrick cabahug
10- eric rodriguez
11- jonathan piņera*
12- jonathan aldave
15- billy ray anabo*
17- aaron aban
18- emerson oreta
20- chris baluyot
21- marco fajardo
33- jayvee casio
38- joe devance
40- christian coronel
88- ardy larong

* reserve list

COACHING STAFF:
Louie Alas (Head Coach)
Mhel Alas
Cesar Pohlen
Ariel Vanguardia

skywalker
03-25-2006, 12:39 PM
Question: Is Ariel Vanguardia the same guy who used to be part of the coaching of Talk N text?

bonzie1645
03-27-2006, 01:25 PM
yup! siya nga yun. nag-expire na kasi yung contract niya sa tnt kaya pumunta siya kay coach louie na dati niya ring tinutulungan sa manila metrostars.

bonzie1645
03-27-2006, 08:21 PM
TOYOTA OTIS-LETRAN

4- mark andaya
6- jp alcaraz
7- dennis daa
8- boyet bautista
9- patrick cabahug
10- eric rodriguez
11- jonathan piņera*
12- jonathan aldave
14- ardy larong
15- billy ray anabo*
17- aaron aban
18- emerson oreta
20- chris baluyot
21- marco fajardo
33- jayvee casio
38- joe devance
40- christian coronel

* reserve list

COACHING STAFF:
Louie Alas (Head Coach)
Mhel Alas
Cesar Pohlen
Ariel Vanguardia

sori number 14 pala c kuya ardy.

ESCALERA JR.
04-07-2006, 08:41 PM
Toyota Otis seems to be on a best start since their maiden year in the PBL 3 yrs. ago with a 3-1 winn-loss card.

I hope coach louie uses more letran players in his rotation for them to experience exposure for the upcoming ncaa.

Decimated ang line-up this coming season and giving the other 2nd stringers a chance to feel the pressure of a close game would definitely give them the much needed confidence when they face stiff competition from other teams like PCU and the much improved RL and Blazers.

bonzie1645
04-17-2006, 08:45 PM
the letran team is focusing on the upcoming ncaa tournament and joining the pbl is not a good idea because it will the lessen the preparation days for the ncaa just like what happened during their debut conference. only aban & bautista are the only 2 players playing in the pbl because they are now the go-to-guys of the team and their exposure this conference will hep boost their chances this ncaa season.

ESCALERA JR.
05-24-2006, 06:14 PM
Toyota Otis and Letran coach L.Alas is doing good in the PBL. I just hope he continues this in the forthcoming NCAA tournament for the Letran Knights, giving our vetran players like Bautista and Aban as well as other role players much needed exposure to lead and defend the title. Few more weeks to go and its college ball once again. GO ! Arriba !

ESCALERA JR.
06-01-2006, 03:58 PM
Well done tOYOTA oTIS - LETRAN. We're almost there in the PBL finals! Konting tulak pa.

This is a good sign for coach Alas and his wards for the upcoming NCAA 82. Kahit hindi lahat players ng Letran ang nasa toyota line-up, at least it would be a nice sprnigboard for coach to start the season on a high note with a very high morale, it might just rub off on his real Letran team going to this years Ncaa campaign. Galing mo talaga coach, you're the MAN - I D O L !!!

toti_mendiola
06-01-2006, 04:59 PM
Well done tOYOTA oTIS - LETRAN. We're almost there in the PBL finals! Konting tulak pa.

This is a good sign for coach Alas and his wards for the upcoming NCAA 82.* Kahit hindi lahat players ng Letran ang nasa toyota line-up, at least it would be a nice sprnigboard for coach to start the season on a high note with a very high morale, it might just rub off on his real Letran team going to this years Ncaa campaign. Galing mo talaga coach, you're the MAN - I D O L !!!

Way to go! Goodluck to the CSJL Knights and Arriba to you ESCALERA JR.

Bakit ata kumokonti na kayong mga letransitang posters dito?

ESCALERA JR.
06-02-2006, 04:37 PM
Thanks toti.

Ewan ko nga ba mas gusto yata nila sa kabila na puros"away"at walang kabuluhan pataasan ng ihi. Palibhasa mga bata at estudyante pa siguro karamihan.

Basta tayo dto OK* Posters here may have disaggrements on some issues but they are very healthy discussions regarding the sport we all love, Basketball.

Good luck to your RL too. Hope your team finally make it. Arriba/Animo!!!

letranense1620
06-03-2006, 06:41 AM
OFFTOPIC: ^ very true ( 3rd yr. 19 yrs. old) pero hindi kami mahilig s away at pataasan ng ihi. its just that there are many trolls, alternicks, and bashers in PEx. we have to defend Letran. PAX!

onthebluecorner
06-03-2006, 03:25 PM
^yeah we have to defend Letran, but come to think about it. They are bashing us because they're just insecure...wag na patulan!

ESCALERA JR.
06-03-2006, 04:49 PM
Letranese1620 & onthebluecorner...

Guys sorry about that word "pataasan"... didn't mean to offend, i was just refering to PEX as a whole compared to gameface discussions which have more mature and civil responses to negative criticisms. As a matter of fact, i salute you guys for holding the fort for the school and coming to its defense at any given time.

But anyway, hope we could invite some more pexers to post here at gameface specially now that the NCAA is about to start and discuss anything about our team - the LETRAN Knigths and Squires.

ARRIBA to all !

letranense1620
06-03-2006, 08:42 PM
^ no problem mr. escalera.

Arriba Letran!

letranense1620
06-08-2006, 09:06 PM
Toyota wins game one. final score: 68-51

LION
06-09-2006, 09:33 AM
^ I am rooting for Toyota-Otis Knights in this series.

I was surprised by the huge winning margin though as I was really expecting a close game. If Toyota wins the next game, I think sa kanila na ang championship.

toti_mendiola
06-09-2006, 04:16 PM
Harbour Center- dahil lamang kay Jerome Paterno at L.A. Tenorio. Peace!

ESCALERA JR.
06-09-2006, 05:01 PM
Coach Alas might actually be using this patented stifling DEFENSE as his trademark for lack of ceiling in his Knights quest for this NC season 82. Well, here goes another hat trick from my idol. CUCH, iba ka talaga!

christian
06-09-2006, 10:16 PM
Harbour Center- dahil lamang kay Jerome Paterno at L.A. Tenorio. Peace!

pareho tayo!

bugleboy
06-10-2006, 08:11 PM
^well, you got your wish. yeo was awesome this time, ditto for tenorio and lanete. on the toyota otis side, devance was a disappointment. aban and bautista did well but their efforts were clearly not enough. still, i'm hoping that the "almost letran" team will win the championship over "almost la salle". arriba!

letranense1620
06-15-2006, 06:04 AM
today's game will be a bloody hell.

cub
06-15-2006, 06:45 PM
Harbour won convincingly over the Sparks..77-53

grabe, hindi tinatawagan ng unsportsmanlike foul ung mga paniniko ng Toyota. i.e. Devance to the throat of Alonzo. pati ung natanggap ni Rico from Rodriguez. at tinulak pa ni Rodriguez si Rico nung nagdunk sya.

ESCALERA JR.
06-22-2006, 04:43 PM
Toyota-Otis may have lost the just concluded PBL championship but have gained much from their stint particularly 2 Letran mainstays AaronAban and Boyet Bautista, the last remaining carryovers from the Knights two titles of 2003 and 2005. They have earned the much needed confidence and experience to help them carry the Knights back to back aspirations.

Being second best is not bad at all. Hope they could train their sights further some more to the next goal, the NCAA season 82 crown. Well done Toyota Otis Knights !

MonL
06-22-2006, 06:41 PM
Toyota-Otis may have lost the just concluded PBL championship but have gained much from their stint particularly* *2 Letran mainstays AaronAban and Boyet Bautista, the last remaining carryovers from the Knights two titles of 2003 and 2005. They have earned the much needed confidence and experience to help them carry the Knights back to back aspirations.

Being second best is not bad at all.* Hope they could train their sights further some more to the next goal, the NCAA season 82 crown. Well done Toyota Otis Knights !

And because of that, you will still be considered a dangerous opponent who should never be underrated by anyone. Most especially not by us.

arriba95
11-02-2006, 12:17 PM
FROM WWW.MYPBL.COM:

Toyota Otis

YOUNG, Quick and ready to sacrifice. That's the standard reply of Toyota Otis coach Louie Alas to anyone who would ask him about the kind of players he has assembled for the forthcoming PBL Silver Cup.

Badly hit by departure of several players who made great impact in their incredible run to the finals of the Unity Cup, Alas said they have to make do with relatively young players who are willing to work hard and sacrifice for the team.

"In all, I lost eight good players, so we are in the process of rebuilding the team," said Alas. "That also mean that I have to make a lot of adjustments."

The team that finished runner-up to Harbour Center will be without MVP Joe Calvin Devance, Mark Andaya, Aaron Aban and spitfire Boyet Bautista - the last three are now strutting their wares in the pro league.

Sweet-shooting JV Casio won't see action this time while the three others will be playing in other teams.

The 6-foot-7 Devance has since returned to the United States after his bid to play in the pro league was denied. His documents are reportedly incomplete.

Still, Alas believes the Sparks have what it takes to pull off another surprise largely because of the support of the management, headed by owner Rey Oben, Board of Governor Gil Angeles and team manager Baby Oben, and the willingness of the players to improve their skills.

"Lahat determinado mag-improve, kaya pati sa practice talagang buhos talaga sila," said Alas. "If we can do it in actual games, baka marami rin kaming pahihirapan."

Among the holdovers, Alas will be banking much on point-guard JP Alcaraz and the rebounding authority of Dennis Daa and Erick Rodriguez. Alcaraz, Marvin Cruz and grizzled veteran Christian Coronel will alternate at point.

While he's new to the team, the 5-foot-7 Cruz is capable of plugging the hole caused by the departure of Bautista. Besides, he's already a proven fighter, scorer and defender.

The team also boasts of dependable outside shooters in Patrick Cabahug, Marco Fajardo and rookie Floyd Dedicatoria. Other members are comebacking Don Yabut, the tallest in the team at 6-foot-7, Chris Baluyot and Letran boys - RJ Jazul, Brian Faundo, Mico Quinday and Roy Guevarra.

Without a potential scoring threat at the post, Alas wants Toyota Otis to be known as a perimeter team, saying: "Our shooting skills, speed and defense, I hope, would make up for our lack of ceiling."

The team's defense and discipline, Alas said, will also play a crucial part in their bid to duplicate their runner-up finish the last time out.

toti_mendiola
11-02-2006, 01:31 PM
With the inclusion of Marvin Cruz, Toyota has one of the deadliest backcourt. With Coronel as the first PG on rotation and Marvin as an off guard, napakabilis nito at maasahan sa puntos.

ESCALERA JR.
01-13-2007, 10:01 PM
Nice game for L.Alas Toyota Sparks against the streaking Comets yesterday... hoping some Letran players in the Sparks rotaion get the much needed exposure's now that the duo of Boyet and Aaron won't be there for Season 83. Time for the other guys to like Balneg, Jazul and up and coming Ian Guevarra to up their game a notch higher.

No H.A.I.L. tournament for the Knights ???

ESCALERA JR.
01-29-2007, 03:58 PM
I'm totally clueless on whats happening on the Knights camp aside from news tidbits on the Toyota Otis Sparks.

Calling all Letran gamefacers...yooohoooo! Balita naman diyan mga pare ko! Hoy gising!

Mahirap talaga tong nasa ibang bansa, titigok-tigok sa basketbol balita ???

LION
01-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Balita ko pare may recruit daw kayong pang neutralize kay Bogart Melegrito at Mark Balneg? :-X

ESCALERA JR.
02-03-2007, 10:41 PM
sorry pare, wala akong kabali-balita sa kampo ng Knights team maliban lang sa nababasa ko tungkol sa Toyota Otis.

Mukhang bina-batak ng husto ni Alas ang mga bata. Kahit llimitado ang playing time nina Jazul, and co., magagamit pa rin ang experience pagdating ng Season 83. Wala na ang mga dating 'go-to guy' na sina Boyet at Aaron. Paano na kaya. Puro mga dating relievers na lang ang natira.

letranense1620
02-06-2007, 10:06 PM
Panalo sila ngayon. :) 2-1 na

danny
02-07-2007, 02:28 AM
sorry pare, wala akong kabali-balita* sa kampo ng Knights team maliban lang sa nababasa ko tungkol sa Toyota Otis.

Mukhang bina-batak ng husto ni Alas ang mga bata.* Kahit llimitado ang playing time nina Jazul, and co., magagamit pa rin ang experience* pagdating ng Season 83.* Wala na ang mga dating 'go-to guy' na sina Boyet at Aaron.* Paano na kaya. Puro mga dating relievers na lang ang natira.

Escalera, balitaan mo kami kapag mayroon kang natunugang tinatago ni coach na bagong impact player. ;)

ESCALERA JR.
02-10-2007, 11:08 AM
^walang balita pare, tahimik talaga sa kampo ng intramuros. Kung meron man bagong player, ang impact hindi kasing tindi nina Ekwe at Escobal.

But if we are familiar with L.Alas style of recruitment, very low key talaga,hindi mo mahahalata...malalaman nalang sa simula ng Season ang kalidad ng mga bagong recruits...para siguro hindi ma-scout ng ibang team.

If we go by the ongoing pbl tourney, i think Jazul, Daa and Balneg will be playing major roles in the Knights campaign.

arriba95
02-21-2007, 03:28 PM
^walang balita pare, tahimik talaga sa kampo ng intramuros. Kung meron man bagong player, ang impact hindi kasing tindi nina Ekwe at Escobal.

But if we are familiar with L.Alas style of recruitment, very low key talaga,hindi mo mahahalata...malalaman nalang sa simula ng Season ang kalidad ng mga bagong recruits...para siguro hindi ma-scout ng ibang team.

If we go by the ongoing pbl tourney, i think Jazul, Daa and Balneg will be playing major roles in the Knights campaign.

korek ka dyan, escalera.

re PBL, the only knights in the lineup are: rj jazul, rey guevarra, miko quinday, and bryan faundo. but i think mark balneg deserves to be in that lineup. the younger daa (dino) should be in there next year.

btw, congrats to the toyota-otis sparks for a decent 4th place finish in the silver cup. they achieved this despite a new-look roster. tough luck lang at nasingitan tayo ng harbor sa semis. bawi tayo next conference..sana nmn makamit na ang pinakaasam na kampeonato