PDA

View Full Version : OPLAN BACK TO BACK CHAMPION FOR THE KNIGHTS

esjay
03-23-2006, 06:31 PM
WITH THE TEAM ALMOST INTACT AND THE on going tryouts exposing alot of promissing young stars ..letran will be a serious threat in the upcoming ncaa mens basketball...

Wang-Bu
03-23-2006, 07:35 PM
Esjay, sino-sino ba ang mga veterans na mare-retain for next season? Maglalaro pa ba sina Boyet, Aaron at Jonathan? Sino ng mga bigman ngayon? Pwede pa ba si Pinera?

ESCALERA JR.
03-23-2006, 10:02 PM
To early to tell. We are decimated by the exit of of our first stringers namely Andaya, Alcaraz, Anabo & Rodriguez. There are talks that even Pinera and Aldave might not return next season which makes us a so-so team. Luckily for us we still have the experience of Boyet Bautista to lead the team together with Aban. The rest are inexperience second stringers. But with coach ALAS, he can cook up some suprises with the new recruits. A Final 4 appearance would be amore realistic prediction. What do you think guys...

esjay
03-23-2006, 10:35 PM
To early to tell.* We are decimated by the exit of of our first stringers namely Andaya, Alcaraz, Anabo & Rodriguez. There are talks that even Pinera and Aldave might not return next season which makes us a so-so team.* Luckily for us we still have the experience of Boyet Bautista to lead the team together with Aban.* The rest are inexperience second stringers.* But with coach ALAS, he can cook up some suprises with the new recruits. A Final 4 appearance would be amore realistic prediction. What do you think guys...

There are alot of promising you bloods during the try outs but the inexperience will take part, Pinera will no longer be in the lineup and Aldave is trying to hook up with some professional team, Andaya will have his hands full in the pba to make it to the pros ..long shot but its possible with his height, Rodriguez will just be a pbl player for me ...but destiny could set in who knows.

There are talks that coach louie will unveil a behemot fil am but i guess he still have to polish some skills ..but this guy can play man ...i forgot the last name of this young fello ..

darcy
03-23-2006, 11:43 PM
Like the rest i am also hoping that the Knights would clinch a semifinal berth in season 82. We can be assured of the same, if not, improved performances from Aban and Bautista. However, two players do not guarantee wins against other teams with intact line-ups and more experienced players. We are the defending champions; and that should be one of the few things the Knights, especially the rookies, should think of every training day.

Arriba Letran!

toti_mendiola
03-24-2006, 10:12 AM
letran coming off a championship i think would feel the brunt of pressure. Letran has for the last decade* a string of championships.With the exit of your experienced players except for the two you've mentioned no one else had their significant playaing time or exposure last NCAA season. So pressure i feel is transferred heavily to Boyet "Bow" and Aban. though Rebuilding for team letran is never a problem and confidence level never seems to wane i think that reaching final 4 wouldn't be easier this time around come season 82.

BTW how is Foronda doing in the team. Can he crack team A?

esjay
03-24-2006, 12:43 PM
letran coming off a championship i think would feel the brunt of pressure. Letran has for the last decade* a string of championships.With the exit of your experienced players except for the two you've mentioned no one else had their significant playaing time or exposure last NCAA season. So pressure i feel is transferred heavily to Boyet "Bow" and Aban. though Rebuilding for team letran is never a problem and confidence level never seems to wane i think that reaching final 4 wouldn't be easier this time around come season 82.

THis will be a break out year for Team Letran's rookies. Foronda? John FOronda the former Lasalle and was Cut by San Beda?

toti_mendiola
03-24-2006, 12:51 PM

THis will be a break out year for Team Letran's rookies. Foronda? John FOronda the former Lasalle and was Cut by San Beda?

Foronda i think never was a prospect nor never tried out. His asst. coach back in BIS,Bryan Enrado, told me before that he was actually in Letran were he is redshirting. Anyways basing from Coach Alas's previous recuitment style, giving more weight to recruits who have collegiate ball experience, would your line up for this year be beefed up with this kind of snatches?

esjay
03-24-2006, 02:13 PM

Foronda i think never was a prospect nor never tried out. His asst. coach back in BIS,Bryan Enrado, told me before that he was actually in Letran were he is redshirting. Anyways basing from Coach Alas's previous recuitment style, giving more weight to recruits who have collegiate ball experience, would your line up for this year be beefed up with this kind of snatches?

i dont think so... it will be a bigtime gamble for the part of the knights, they have to work double time and they have no choice but to rely on their money man ABAN AND BOYET, a tandem that will define the future of this two cager. This will be their chance to show their wares with the judgemental scouts

arriba95
03-24-2006, 02:40 PM
boyet and aaron compose the team's 1-2 punch.

maybe a big man can blossom (faundo) or a new recruit who stands at least 6'5" to
at least have a troika that will be the core of the first unit

i would love to see bogart melegrito play. i watched him once when he was still with the squires and i was impressed with his daredevil moves

rj jazul was a revelation last season and i hope he steps up some more for the team

ayus!

toti_mendiola
03-24-2006, 02:47 PM

maybe a big man can blossom (faundo) or a new recruit who stands at least 6'5" to

i would love to see bogart melegrito play. i watched him once when he was still with the squires and i was impressed with his daredevil moves

rj jazul was a revelation last season and i hope he steps up some more for the team

ayus!

oo nga pala there's jazul. Pero pare based from last season he was only able to clock on quality minutes, big question for him would be, is the exposure last year merit him more time and the spunk that letran players usually have?

esjay
03-24-2006, 03:27 PM

ayus!

yes melegrito was a one raw player that could eventually blossom into a go to guy status in our school ... i take chance to see this guy play ..raw but rich and full of promise

arriba95
03-24-2006, 03:28 PM

ayus!

oo nga pala there's jazul. Pero pare based from last season he was only able to clock on quality minutes, big question for him would be, is the exposure last year merit him more time and the spunk that letran players usually have?

lets just hope that jazul will be a worthy backup for boyet "the man"

esjay
03-24-2006, 03:50 PM

ayus!

melegrito was in the line up for letran last season ...am i right ?? and foronda will be included the line up for the up coming 2006 ncaa

i wonder if darrel green can make waves in seniors division though he still has a one year to go with the squires

arriba95
03-24-2006, 03:56 PM

ayus!

melegrito was in the line up for letran last season ...am i right ?? and foronda will be included the line up for the up coming 2006 ncaa

i wonder if darrel green can make waves in seniors division though he still has a one year to go with the squires

yeah, he was. kaso i dont think he played a single game. sana the coaching staff could give him ample playing time for him to strut his wares.

havent heard abt foronda. sana mka-contribute din sya

one step at a time muna...darrel green remains the heart and soul of the squires.. go for the crown!

esjay
03-24-2006, 04:04 PM

ayus!

yeah, he was. kaso i dont think he played a single game. sana the coaching staff could give him ample playing time for him to strut his wares.

one step at a time muna...darrel green remains the heart and soul of the squires.. go for the crown!

john clarence foronda is still in hschool last season and will be eligible for the seniors this up coming season

toti_mendiola
03-24-2006, 04:19 PM
john clarence foronda is still in hschool last season and will be eligible for the seniors this up coming season

Pare this can't be, If he was still in HS last year he could have not enrolled in DLSU 2 yrs. ago where he was trying to serve the residency requirements. He was cut by the Archers simply because he just stopped going to school. Then from DLSU he was recruited in CSJL last year where he is currently completing residency. He graduated from high school 2 years ago and last played with the tigersharks where he was able to mix it up against the Team of SBC with Taganas and Menor in the line up.

esjay
03-24-2006, 05:40 PM

Pare this can't be, If he was still in HS last year he could have not enrolled in DLSU 2 yrs. ago where he was trying to serve the residency requirements. He was cut by the Archers simply because he just stopped going to school. Then from DLSU he was recruited in CSJL last year where he is currently completing residency. He graduated from high school 2 years ago and last played with the tigersharks where he was able to mix it up against the Team of SBC with Taganas and Menor in the line up.

yes indeed i was confused if i was digging this cager foronda i maybe refering to different cager ..but thinking it was fornda..thanks for the infos

esjay
03-24-2006, 05:43 PM

ayus!

yes he did played in the last season atleast 3 times or four..i might forgotte it already because its quite forgettful where he palyed not more than 5 min in that 4 games he step in the court

gameface_one
03-24-2006, 08:01 PM
Esjay, kindly fix the attachment of your logos to your posts. They are occupying too much space. Thanks and enjoy the forum.

esjay
03-24-2006, 09:49 PM
ok sir..my appologies

bonzie1645
03-24-2006, 09:53 PM
actually matagal pa magkakalaman kung sino yung final cut para sa team this coming ncaa season. may pbl pa kasi kaya mahaba-habang pag-iisip pa kung sino ipapasok ni coach louie. tsaka malalman na yung final cut days before hte ncaa pa. pero may mga inaasahan din akong mga team b players and mga players na di masyado nabigyan ng minutes last season.

bryan faundo- for sure mabababad na 'to dahil konti lang big man natin this coming season. makikipagpalitan lang siya kay john realista or hafer mondragon.

john foronda- a guy to watch sa line-up na 'to dahil bukod sa bata pa matangakd about 6'5 and he has the game to play inside.

regine ranises- an rp youth team member known for his 3 point shooting.

rey guevarra- ito ang pinakahinihintay na player na makpasok sa team kasi for us he's skilled enough para makapaglaro sa seniors. and he's a 6'3 guard.

rj jazul- ang laki ng ginaling nito during the off-season.

mark balneg- wala nang ronjay enrile, jp alcaraz at jonathan aldave it's now time for him to unleash his ability that made him a star during his hs days as a squire.

kojak melegrito- sana makakuha siya ng maraming minutes.

fraternizer
03-24-2006, 10:33 PM
I was able to watch most of both Letran-A and Letran-B games during the last FMC. Bautista and Aban were lined-up together in one team and for a basketball fan like me, it was always a pleasant experience to see these guys play. Bautista is the kind of player who makes his teammates much better, rarely complaining, never blaming and constantly on top of the situation whenever he's on the court. Aban will always find a way to get a shot off when needed, jump shooting or slashing to the basket, but seldom does he force the issue. Above all, these two guys seem to genuinely enjoy playing the game. They obviously know how skilled they are, but they do not seem to take themselves too seriously. Throughout their games they manage to smile and keep things in perspective. These are the kind of players that are worth watching and emulating. Good luck to the Knights. With Bautista and Aban leading the way, a repeat is not really out of the question.

bonzie1645
03-27-2006, 01:28 PM
let's just say:

bautista & aban= steve nash & shawn marion

that's how they combination looks like today.

esjay
03-27-2006, 02:00 PM
actually matagal pa magkakalaman kung sino yung final cut para sa team this coming ncaa season. may pbl pa kasi kaya mahaba-habang pag-iisip pa kung sino ipapasok ni coach louie. tsaka malalman na yung final cut days before hte ncaa pa. pero may mga inaasahan din akong mga team b players and mga players na di masyado nabigyan ng minutes last season.

bryan faundo- for sure mabababad na 'to dahil konti lang big man natin this coming season. makikipagpalitan lang siya kay john realista or hafer mondragon.

john foronda- a guy to watch sa line-up na 'to dahil bukod sa bata pa matangakd about 6'5 and he has the game to play inside.

regine ranises- an rp youth team member known for his 3 point shooting.

rey guevarra- ito ang pinakahinihintay na player na makpasok sa team kasi for us he's skilled enough para makapaglaro sa seniors. and he's a 6'3 guard.

rj jazul- ang laki ng ginaling nito during the off-season.

mark balneg- wala nang ronjay enrile, jp alcaraz at jonathan aldave it's now time for him to unleash his ability that made him a star during his hs days as a squire.

kojak melegrito- sana makakuha siya ng maraming minutes.

THANKS FOR THE INFOS ILL WAIT FOR GUEVARA AND RANISES IVE SEEN THEM PLAY

bonzie1645
03-27-2006, 08:20 PM
let's just say:

that's how their combination looks like today.

nagkamali pa ako ng natype ah...

gameface_one
03-28-2006, 12:54 AM
let's just say:

that's how their combination looks like today.

nagkamali pa ako ng natype ah...

Bonzie, you can modify your message directly.

esjay
03-30-2006, 10:11 PM
knights currently taking their chance with their rookies, the batch of this years rookies should i say not cream of the craft, others should i say,"porma lang" are all over the places during the practices and screening. ive seen alot of great guards unfortunately raw talents and tend to ball hog.

Guard to this day (letran pool) is curiously more of a scoring guards and not a leader perse.

fraternizer
03-31-2006, 01:38 AM

I forgot to mention Guevarra as a potential star for the Knights. As a very ethletic wingman, he's an excellent complement to Bautista and Aban. Also, he's not a slam dunk champion for nothing as he oozes energy and enthusiasm every time he's on the court. I witnessed him unleash a couple of highlight reel quality monster slams in the last FMC2 and I'm sure that he'll get a solid position in the rotation.

esjay
03-31-2006, 03:03 PM

I forgot to mention Guevarra as a potential star for the Knights.* As a very ethletic wingman, he's an excellent complement to Bautista and Aban.* Also, he's not a slam dunk champion for nothing as he oozes energy and enthusiasm every time he's on the court.* I witnessed him unleash a couple of highlight reel quality monster slams in the last FMC2 and I'm sure that he'll get a solid position in the rotation.

he lacks outside shooting ...my 2 cents

bugleboy
04-01-2006, 01:17 PM
well, jc intal wasn't much of a shooter either when he started with the blue eagles. maybe guevarra can also develop in the same way. sana...

Joescoundrel
04-27-2006, 06:18 PM
Aside from Mark Andaya and Buboy Rodriguez who else have already used up their plating eligibility in Letran? Are Jon Aldave and JP Alcaraz still playing next year? How about Jonathan Pinera? What does the Letran frontline look like now? If Letran doesn;t have a serviceable frontline mahihirapan mag-defend ng NCAA title 'yan. Boyet Bautista and Aaron Aban, as good as they are, cannot carry Letran na silang dalawa lang, lalo na kung walang maaaasahan sa loob.

ESCALERA JR.
04-27-2006, 10:12 PM
Sadly for the Knights, all the names you mentioned will not be there next time around. Lets give it to coach Louie Alas who can turn a so-so, rag-tag team like the one in 2002, into to a fighting, championship caliber ballclub in just over a year.

But defending the crown is a rather tall order for Letran this coming season 82 particularly against 3 yr. rival PCU Dolphins and the awakened RL of SBC.

With Gabby Espinas still around together with the much improved Jason Castro and Retaga, it would be an uphill climb.

And thats the beauty of it all, mas mahirap, mas maganda, mas exciting. A situation Alas and his Knights thrives best.!

Joescoundrel
05-01-2006, 03:11 PM
I sure hope Letran can get some quality bigs from its reserve roster, or PCU will simply jump all over the Knights this time around. Without a servicable frontline, Boyet Bautista and Aaron Aban will have more pressure on their shoulders. Letran's vaunted perimeter game was so effective last year because they could count on the likes of Andaya, Rodriguez and Pinera to man the interior, get rebounds, even block shots. Aldave and Alcaraz gave the Knights a different look coming off the bench without sacrificing actual production. Aldave in particular will be sorely missed as his perimeter shooting allowed Letran to get an inside-outside freeway going.

I'd be very interested to see what kind of defense Louie Alas is cooking up. He could easily press and trap with his athletic and veteran liseup last year. Judging from his Team B's performance in recent off-season tournaments he won't have that option in Season 82 anymore.

oca
05-07-2006, 07:03 PM
Without an E-Rod and a Big Mak, Letran suddenly became a less intimidating team. But with an Alas at the helm, I had expected the Knights to come up with something and remain competitive.

True enough Letran has adapted and infact has new look to its game.

Just came from the FMC. Letran defeated Lyceum 60-31.

Hardcore fans are familiar to the Pirates brand of play. Just how was Letran able to limit them to 31 points in 40 minutes of play ?

Answer - 40 minutes of full court pressure.

Dahil nga mababa na ang line-up, Letran has to compensate. But what the opposition should fear the most is- defensive wise - Letran's bench is as good in defense as its starters. Not one moment in this Lyceum game did Letran relented in its full court press. Kahit anong combination, hindi nagbago ang tindi ng pressure.

So, kaya ba ang back-to-back?

If the bench can handle the pressure of an NCAA game, then Letran has a very good chance of doing it.

skywalker
05-08-2006, 03:41 PM
Post naman the Knights line up pls.

Kid Cubao
05-08-2006, 03:53 PM
off-topic:

last weekend, our barangay team (bgy. bagumbuhay, in proj.4, QC) played against the team from escopa 3 (also from proj.4) in pumaren cup action. we lost because we were unable to defend against escopa 3's top gun--bogart melegrito.

LION
05-08-2006, 04:13 PM
^ Saang banda sa escopa 3 si bogart melegrito? :)

ESCALERA JR.
05-08-2006, 09:48 PM
Without an E-Rod and a Big Mak, Letran suddenly became a less intimidating team. But with an Alas at the helm, I had expected the Knights to come up with something and remain competitive.

True enough Letran has adapted and infact has new look to its game.

Just came from the FMC. Letran defeated Lyceum 60-31.

Hardcore fans are familiar to the Pirates brand of play. Just how was Letran able to limit them to 31 points in 40 minutes of play ?

Answer - 40 minutes of full court pressure.

With the two big men out next season, Letran is a doughnut team,...even heard Pinera is also out. But then its good to hear they try to compensate this with their air-tight DEFENSE and let their veteran guard Bautista make the plays and make everyone look good with his ballhandling and assisting. Coach L.Alas is keeping his cards close to his chest by not reavealing the real line-up for next season. This is going to be an exciting but definitely a harder season for the Letran Knigths. ARRIBA

Dahil nga mababa na ang line-up, Letran has to compensate. But what the opposition should fear the most is- defensive wise - Letran's bench is as good in defense as its starters. Not one moment in this Lyceum game did Letran relented in its full court press. Kahit anong combination, hindi nagbago ang tindi ng pressure.

So, kaya ba ang back-to-back?

If the bench can handle the pressure of an NCAA game, then Letran has a very good chance of doing it.

Joescoundrel
05-12-2006, 01:32 PM
With Aban and Bautista around the Knights are still in pretty good position to at least return to the Finals, but now these two will have to become more selfish. Yes, it would be good if they could involve as many of their teammates and get some consistency from their new guys. But when games are on the line these two guys have to recognize when they need to pull a Kobe Bryant and score 81 if they have to.

Aban is pretty solid and is constantly improving athletically. With his size and skill he's a mismatch at the 3 and 2 spots. If he learns to advance that ball against pressure he could be a very good point forward. Bautista is still the best pointguard in the league, but he will have to play a more tightly controlled and smarter game now that he doesn't have as many veterans around him.

toti_mendiola
05-12-2006, 05:27 PM
With the departure of Big Mac Andaya who provided them with lots of offensive caroms on missed outside shots, pressure to make outside baskets would play in to Boyet and Aaron. Last season they had that luxury of confidence to shoot because the probability of rebounding the ball back is high because of Piņera and Andaya. Or i may be wrong.

ESCALERA JR.
05-16-2006, 06:53 PM
No more big men(Andaya,E.Rod and Pinera) to man the post. Mahihirapan ata mag-defend ng title ang Letran

But knowing the Knights, kahit hindi malaki ang frontline, mabibilis naman ang guard rotation and i think coach will rely now on a stifling full-court defense from start to finish...that's what i've been hearing so far this summer games.

MonL
05-17-2006, 07:59 AM
No more big men(Andaya,E.Rod and Pinera) to man the post. Mahihirapan ata mag-defend ng title ang Letran

But knowing the Knights, kahit hindi malaki ang frontline, mabibilis naman ang guard rotation and i think coach will rely now on a stifling full-court defense from start to finish...that's what i've been hearing so far this summer games.

The Knights are going try to wear down opponents by "40 minutes of hell." They've demonstrated this ability this FMC. If that's the case, opponents should be wary. And bring along oxygen masks. Or change the tempo of the game to their pace.

ESCALERA JR.
05-17-2006, 05:30 PM
thats what ive been hearing too lately... their unrelenting non-stop full court defense from start to finish. Whew! that would be nice to watch...players gasping for breath but still egged by their coach to press some more. One thing good about coach ALAS is his ability to recognize the teams negative and positive points. Now that Letran is lacking in the middle, he will try to find ways to compensate for this.

What about your team Monl ? Balita ko malakas na talaga RL this year. Do you think a Final 4 appearance is likely or maybe a FINALS finally!. The line-up is quite scary what with at least 3 guys measuring over 6'5" and an awesome rotation at the point. Maybe this is it, or just the start of a long process to be at the top.

Experience-wise, dun kayo medyo tagilid, but as they gain more exposure in the coming seasons (1-3 yrs), i think it will finally bear fruition, wag lang magpapalit ulit ng coaching staff or else...

Palagay ko bakbakan yan pag nagtagpo uli ang beda-letran this year. Good luck to your team. arriba!

MonL
05-18-2006, 08:04 AM
thats what ive been hearing too lately... their unrelenting non-stop full court defense from start to finish. Whew! that would be nice to watch...players gasping for breath but still egged by their coach to press some more. One thing good about coach ALAS is his ability to recognize the teams negative and positive points.* Now that Letran is lacking in the middle, he will try to find ways to compensate for this.

What about your team Monl ? Balita ko malakas na talaga RL this year. Do you think a Final 4 appearance is likely or maybe a FINALS finally!. The line-up is quite scary what with at least 3 guys measuring over 6'5" and an awesome rotation at the point. Maybe this is it, or just the start of a long process to be at the top.

Experience-wise, dun kayo medyo tagilid, but as they gain more exposure in the coming seasons (1-3 yrs), i think it will finally bear fruition, wag lang magpapalit ulit ng coaching staff or else...

Palagay ko bakbakan yan pag nagtagpo uli ang beda-letran this year. Good luck to your team. arriba!

Well, when I visited the green forum a while back, someone there commented that at this point we have a lot more to prove than them. He's right, after all...We're confident that the team will get it together in time, and that a Final Four presence this year is a certainty, no longer a possibility.

We have a smart coach and staff, too, so that position won't be unstable for the next several years. The tactical battles between Koy and Alas would be very interesting too....

We got good recruits who are paying their dues via residency and toiling in Team B and honing their skills, so the next few years ought to be very good years. Heck, we have had more patience than Job. Maybe the patience will now pay off. We'll see.

And may the bakbakan be more on rugged basketball. On court, and not out of it.

And knowing your coach, you will defend your title as true champions will. In fighting style. That's the only way to go.

Good luck.

razor
05-18-2006, 09:06 PM
Who do you guys project to be your starting Center this coming NCAA season?

ESCALERA JR.
05-20-2006, 09:14 PM
I think the center position will be Letran's waterloo this season. If ever meron, it would pale in comparison to what was vacated by Big Mac, E_Rod and reliever Pinera, that is why Alas is compensating this for speed, defense and the championship experience of the remaining 2nd stringers. Wala ng panapat kay Gabby Espinas and the vaunted big men of Sbc RL's Ekwe and co.

Just wondering how coach Alas gonna solve this problem of not having an experienced Big man to defend the middle. No problem though in the guard position with Baustista ably backed- up by Jazul and hopefully Green and the much improved Aban.

onthebluecorner
05-29-2006, 11:44 AM
The Letran Knights has an advantage for having much experience in the championship scene...Let's stick to that.
Hope for the best and expect less! (Conservatism approach) :D

Arriba Letranista!

Soy una Letranista vivire para El Senior Dios, Patria Y Letran!

oca
05-29-2006, 01:06 PM
I think the center position will be Letran's waterloo this season.* If ever meron, it would pale in comparison to what was vacated by Big Mac, E_Rod and reliever Pinera, that is why Alas is compensating this for speed, defense and the championship experience of the remaining 2nd stringers. Wala ng panapat kay Gabby Espinas and the vaunted big men of Sbc RL's Ekwe and co.

Just wondering how coach Alas gonna solve this problem of not having an experienced Big man to defend the middle.* No problem though in the guard position with Baustista ably backed- up by Jazul and hopefully Green and the much improved Aban.

As the Knights have demonstrated in the FMC, they'll have to press for full 40 minutes. Delay the opposing team's set up.

Their game against DLSU serves as a good indicator of what to expect from them this Season 82. For most part of the game, in every possession by the Archers, their shot clock would be down to 12 seconds, yet they still have to make one significant pass to set up their offense. Talagang angat lang sa experience si TY T@ang kaya nanalo ang DLSU. Yun ngang blue chip recruit nilang si Atkins, 'di naka-porma. Significantly, the Archers frontline was not a big factor in point production. Yung mga uno at dos ang nagpanalo sa DLSU at yung mid court trap nila sa last minutes ng game na di-natugunan ng Letran.

Alas hardly calls for a trapping defense. Just straight-up. Rugged and physical. Banggaan talaga from baseline to midcourt, hanggang sa frontcourt ng kalaban.

Harrass the opponents' guards. Push them out of their comfort zone. Delay..delay...delay. Soon enough opponents will be rushing their passes, then their shots.

ESCALERA JR.
05-30-2006, 08:28 PM
Its JUNE, a few more weeks its NCAA time once again. hOW's THE LETRAN Knights Camp doing SO FAR?

Any new updates on the final limeup for this year.? Who will replace who like the big men Andaya, E_ROD and Pinera? Any new and exciting rookies to watch out? Are we gonna be B2B Champs?

All ye proud Letranites, the young and the OLD men from Letran, lets all troop to the games and cheer our team to Victory with a resounding A R R I B A LETRAN!!!
sEE YOU ALL ON oPENING DAY GAMES.

Dont forget, we're playing first on opening day vs ist school CSB BLAZERS. arriba!!!

toti_mendiola
06-05-2006, 01:35 PM
I heard some good feedbacks about Realista, a tall athletic forward who can slash and shoot from the perimeter.
But basing on the roster, he might moonlight as a center. Any additional info about this Realista?

ESCALERA JR.
06-05-2006, 07:51 PM
Nah, i don't think he will make any impact. Aside from the fact that he only plays second fiddle to then rookie Pinera in 2003 and then again as reliever to either Andaya or E_Rod, playing as a starter would be a burden to him, he might even crumble during pressure games. But to his credit, the guy is reliable on defensive rebounds. A role player would be a more appropriate tag for him. Now that he has no one to relieve, who knows, he might like to take the starring role of C, and move away from the shadows of his predecessor.

LION
06-06-2006, 04:39 PM
wala pa bang lineup ang Letran? para mapag handaan na namin?* *:)

ESCALERA JR.
06-06-2006, 09:15 PM
The final line-up would probably come-out anytime now. No need to worry Lion...i think your RL team is very much prepared for this season. I actually rate SBC the top seed, or maybe just next to PCU. Enjoy the ride this season!

razor
06-06-2006, 09:21 PM
Ano balita kay Saleh Yousef? Can he make make it to team A?

LION
06-07-2006, 07:43 AM
The final line-up would probably come-out anytime now. No need to worry Lion...i think your RL team is very much prepared for this season. I actually rate SBC the top seed, or maybe just next to PCU.* Enjoy the ride this season!

Thanks Escalera. I am wary of Letran and PCU. Letran is still a strong team with Boyet and Aaron Aban leading the way. Add to that is Coach Alas who can always find ways to win.

I actually don't want SBC to be rated as the top seed. We don't know yet how the team will actually perform in the NCAA. Our team has been tried and tested in the off season games but these games lacked intensity compared to the NCAA. Iba pa rin ang NCAA games. This is the tournament where you separate the men from the boys. Unfortunately, boys pa rin ang karamihan sa mga players namin.

Kaya dinala namin sa Cebu to see how they will perform against the best teams there.

christian
06-16-2006, 10:03 PM
escalera, who are your rookies? thanks!

razor
06-17-2006, 10:00 PM
Were you able to retain your Squires like Tagarda and Green?

ESCALERA JR.
06-18-2006, 11:36 AM
christian, the final line-up will be realeased anytime now. Regarding our rookies, no o big deal really...only those coming from team B notably Guevearra, the Slam dunk Champion in the recent Bantay-bata. Still not enough to fill in the gap in the middle left by Andaya/Rodriguez.

razor, unfortunately for us, Tagarda will now don the UST Tigers jersey in the UAAP. Sayang, he could have been a nice understudy for the soon to exit Boyet Bautista. Pwedeng pang poster boy din ng letran sana at least medyo mukhang estudyante... hehehe. About Green, i have no idea where he'll end up

One mor week and we're all ready to go ...

ESCALERA JR.
06-25-2006, 05:57 PM
Amazing start by the Knights. Still surprising too was the absence of Aaron but still we manage to mangle the Blazers. The sophomores did well, special mention to Jazul who i foresee will be playing a important role as the tournament progresses. Congrats TEAM LETRAN. Go for win #2

game_fixer
06-26-2006, 12:49 PM
impress kyo sa team nyo? nagchampion lng kyo bcoz ur players r old.. ::) nd CSB ang kalaban nyo..patapon na team yon! wala yung panget nyo na player...actually, sya pinaka panget na player na nakita ko..abnormal freak!

oca
06-26-2006, 12:56 PM
impress kyo sa team nyo? nagchampion lng kyo bcoz ur players r old.. ::) nd CSB ang kalaban nyo..patapon na team yon! wala yung panget nyo na player...actually, sya pinaka panget na player na nakita ko..abnormal freak!

Payo ko lang.

Para mas maging masaya ka, punta ka sa PEX.

Maraming papatol sa iyo duon.

LION
06-26-2006, 01:25 PM
game_fixer,

You can do better than this pare. If you have nothing good or positive to say, please leave.

full battle gear
06-26-2006, 04:38 PM
game_fixer, we're calling a technical foul on you for the bashing posts. Please refrain from posting such things in the forums. If you persist with this kind of behavior, you will be banned from the forum.

letranense1620
07-14-2006, 07:03 AM
Arriba Letran! Beat PCU!

letranense1620
07-14-2006, 09:14 PM
www.ubelt.com

PCU 54 - LC 62

Arriba Letran!!!

Blue Knight
07-14-2006, 10:34 PM

game_fixer, nababakla ka lang kay andaya :o

gusto mo lang matikman ang mga players ng letran kaya ka frustrated.
lastly muka kang mongoloid ! :P

danny
07-15-2006, 01:51 AM

game_fixer, nababakla ka lang kay andaya :o

lastly muka kang mongoloid ! :P

I suggest that you do not resort to the same language as game-fixer.

Let's keep gameface respectable.

gameface_one
07-15-2006, 10:55 AM

game_fixer, nababakla ka lang kay andaya* :o

lastly muka kang mongoloid !* :P

First warning on Blue Knight or should I say a technical foul too.

ESCALERA JR.
07-15-2006, 03:39 PM
Prrrrrrt...

BK, hold your fire and keep your cool. Don't mind g.fixer...let him do his thing but i assure you he is under the radar here in gameface. Don't worry, you're alright. We'll handle this. :)

LION
07-16-2006, 08:54 AM
^^ That is right BK. Long before you replied to him, we have already admonished him and he has been MIA since then. The posters from the other schools alos have him under their radar, just in case he resurrects himself.

ESCALERA JR.
07-18-2006, 06:29 PM
With the 1ST RD almost halfway through, if we complete our remaining games with "convincing wins", it is safe to say that we are right on target.

Just before the start of the season we were toying with the idea of a Back to Back. It was hard to imagine as a team decimated by players graduation and no legit Center now have 5 wins in as many games. But now it is getting to be a real possibility...only 2 more teams stand in the way to complete the first round with a clean slate.

Pero teka-teka, baka ma-usog...kakalabanin pa pala natin ang ating kontra-pelong MIT Cardinals, tapos may RL pa.

I just hope a single loss would not be the start of a nose-dive for Letran. Maswerte lang siguro kasi mahina ang mga unang games natin. But after beating PCU, pwede na sigurong mag-ambition ng back2back.. 8)

bugleboy
07-21-2006, 12:58 PM
^well, the game against mapua today will be no walk in the park. let's just hope our ragtag team will still pull through, though. arriba!

ESCALERA JR.
07-27-2006, 11:37 PM
ONE more Win to go, it may not be far-fetch Letran can sweep both rounds, that is if we hurdle SBC today.

The possiblity of a 14-0 slate is now doable considering the Knights have defeated all but one. But until the result of the LC-SBC game, i will reserve that dream in the meantime.

But the big question will be, can Letran beat San Beda with the hulking Ekwe parading inside the shaded lanes?

Without a true center, mahirap isipin. But I hope coach Louie can dig deeper inside his bag of tricks. Knowing coach, he may have some surprises up his sleeves.

Let me guess:

I think coach will allow Ekwe to do his usual thing until the guy tires out, then suddenly apply the "killer insticnct"... or

get Sam into foul trouble in the early goings so as to negate his defensive stance. When this happens, the vaunted 40 min press will likely to the trick.
or

Boxed him out, yes , BOX-OUT Ekwe,...but how? By gang rebounding, that is. We will need more than one body to cover him, maybe 2-3, then allow Boyet run the plays with quick transition, with Aban on the receiveng end.

Maybe coach will have to sacrifice our big men just to foul him, or let our big men bait or fish him for fouls. Remember, he has this tendency to bite into fakes as he is still in the early stages of "learning" the game as he himself has admitted.

Bottomline is, if we get rid of Sam in the middle, then we'll play the RL on equal terms and in that scenario, we have now the advantage.

Good luck to the Team KNIGHTS. Arriba!!!

oca
07-28-2006, 08:46 AM
^
Tire out Ekwe? Get him into foul trouble? IMO, not good ideas base on the previous games plus the 3 offseason events I saw Ekwe play at. Minsan lang yan nag-cramps and that was in a tune-up game against a PBA team- Purefoods. He has never fouled out because he is not foul prone to begin with. He has none of those mannerisms that makes players called for silly fouls.

Box out Ekwe and not get dominated off the boards -- half of the problem is solved. The other half is on Letran's front end of the court.

Too much focus is made on how to defend San Beda. Actually, for this game, Letran's other concern should San Beda's defense. Yes, Ekwe does a good job of patrolling the middle. But the rest of the guys on the floor does an equallly good job of covering the perimeter. Also, expect the full court press, your game vs Mapua showed your vulnerability to this.

With just Aban and Bautista as the consistent contributors in offense, unless 2 or 3 other guys step up, Letran may share the top spot with San Beda at the end of the first round.

bugleboy
07-28-2006, 06:25 PM
well, oca, i had hoped that you'd be wrong, but the chips just didn't fall letran's way. anyway, congratulations to the red lions. we'll get you next round.

letranense1620
08-22-2006, 08:53 AM
Letran vs Mapua tomorrow @ 2pm.

ESCALERA JR.
08-23-2006, 07:49 PM
We are now 10-2 with 2 more games in the elimination against tough opponents PCU and SBC.

We should now beat PCU next game to take #2 seeding or else there is a danger of falling to #3 and losing the twice to beat incentive.

Wag sana mangyari kasi mahihirapan talaga ang mga Knights due to lack of experienced big men.

oca
08-24-2006, 08:58 AM
^
I don't know how credible this is in assessing your chances against PCU. But I think it is worth mentioning.

In Wednesdays/ 23Aug games -

Letran scored 49 points in a losing cause vs Mapua.* Aban and Bautista combined for 21 points.

PCU's score sheet shows 64 points total against the vaunted Banal designed defense. Castro and Espinas accounting for just 19 of the 64.

Without going to details, the point production of the main men relative to their respective teams final score shows that PCU's bench contributes more than that of the Knights.

As pointed in earlier in the season, the weakness of Letran is it has no other consistent and reliable scoring option after Aban and Bautista.

It's too late in the season to hope that someone does step up. But if there will be one brilliant game by anyone from the bench, then these last 2 games (against PCU and San Beda) are their only chance of having any.

Unless that happens, I doubt if you can beat the Dolphins tomorrow.

If you do lose to PCU, I would not give you any chance at all against SBC on Sep6. For SBC would relish the thought of forcing you into a possible playoff game vs PCU for the second spot w/c earns a twice-to-beat advantage. Besides no bearing na yun sa Red Lions having earned the twice-to-beat incentive last night. As they say, mahirap talunin ang team na walang pressure.

Kaya ibuhos niyo na lahat bukas. That is practically your best chance to grab the last available twice-to-beat ticket.

ESCALERA JR.
08-24-2006, 05:22 PM
The fact that the Knights reached this far is good enough. With only a win away for a finals berth, anything is possible. We have 2 chances...if we can't do it on Fri. then we'll have to try again on Sept. 6.

Even if we lose both games, it will boil down to a best of 3 series against pcu, still good enough for the team. More games means more exposure for the 2nd stringers. IF EVER we land on the finals, well thats another story.

Good luck to whoever gets tho the finals...

cub
08-25-2006, 10:15 PM
ooops.. your team lost a while ago.. :P
should your team lose against san beda, and pcu wins against mapua, there will be a best-of-three duel between your team and pcu..

toti_mendiola
08-26-2006, 12:17 PM
ooops.. your team lost a while ago..* :P
should your team lose against san beda, and pcu wins against mapua, there will be a best-of-three duel between your team and pcu..

one game playoff.

cub
08-26-2006, 08:39 PM

one game playoff.

onga po, pareho naman un diba..:D a team must win twice to advance in the finals.. parang best-of-three na rin..:D

ESCALERA JR.
08-26-2006, 10:57 PM

one game playoff.

onga po, pareho naman un diba..:D a team must win twice to advance in the finals.. parang best-of-three na rin..:D

It is virtually a best of 3 for letran and pcu. But i prefer our chances than the dolphins with only a win to go then we nail #2 slot. Even if we lose and pcu loses likewise, we still get it. Granting pcu wins, a best of 3 is much better than pcu having an outright advantage. The more games we play the better for the coach to prepare the 2nd stringers in crucial games ahead.

As i've said earlier, with the Kniights having gone this far with a bunch of unheralded 2nd stringers, no legit center and with only 2 reliables is good enough. If by any chance we enter the finals, then i'll bet my hard earned pennies...

See you in the FINALS!

danny
08-27-2006, 01:14 AM
2 reliables may not be good enough to beat San Beda in both the hardcourt and the gallery. The reign of the Red Lion may finally be upon us. God willing.

A new dawn fo the NCAA. ;D

PAX.

ESCALERA JR.
08-27-2006, 04:49 PM
ITS A DATE... SEPTEMBER 6 2006 WEDNESDAY^

ARANETA NGA BA???

bugleboy
08-27-2006, 08:38 PM
2 reliables may not be good enough to beat San Beda in both the hardcourt and the gallery.* The reign of the Red Lion may finally be upon us. God willing.

A new dawn fo the NCAA. ;D

PAX.

well, this certainly took a long time coming. anyway, good luck to both the lions and the knights!

LION
08-28-2006, 08:22 AM
^^^ I prefer a San Beda vs. Letran finals. We find no satisfaction in beating PCU.

oca
08-28-2006, 01:14 PM
^^^ I prefer a San Beda vs. Letran finals.* *We find no satisfaction in beating PCU.

That will be more likely if the Knights wins over the Red Lions on Sep 6. Doing so will avoid complications in the team standings, and earn them a twice to beat advantage.

Pero papayag ba ang mga Bedista na matalo sila sa Sep 6?

Of course pwede rin magdasal ang ang lahat ng taga-Intramuros at Mendiola na talunin ng Mapua ang PCU sa unang laro sa Sep 6. Diyan malinaw ang twice-to-beat advantage ng Letran.

Teka muna, nag-file na ba ng protest ang Mapua duon sa eligibility ng isang JRU player? Dahil, kung magkakaroon ng desisyong favorable sa Mapua at manalo sila over San Beda sa Wednesday, buhay uli ang chances ng Cardinals para makuha ang twice-to-beat advantage.

Magulo na ba?

Simplify natin... we can expect a Letran- San Beda finale if the Knights win over the Red Lions on Sep 6. That will render moot and academic all that will transpire between now and 4pm of Sep 6.

Uulitin ko ngayon ang tanong ko...papadaig ba ang San Beda sa Sep 6?

Or, should I say, mananalo ba ang Letran sa Sep 6?

Or matatalo ba ang San Beda?

Lulupigin ba ang San Beda?

Magwawagi ba ang Letran?

Mananaig ba ang Letran?

;D ;D ;D

LION
08-28-2006, 04:01 PM
Hehehe. Sasagutin ko yan Oca.

I prefer Letran as our opponent in the finals. But that does not mean that we will take a dive just to ensure a San Beda vs. Letran finals.

Hindi magandang mamili kung sino ang kalaban. Sabi ni Koy Banal, kayabangan daw yung ikaw ang magdidikta kung sino ang kakalabanin mo. Maka karma kami kapag sasadyain naming magpapatalo sa September 6.

Letran should prove its worth as a finals adversary by beating us on September 6. I am sure that Letran does not need our help. And I am certain that Letranites would not relish the idea of reaching the finals because San Beda took a dive for them.

ESCALERA JR.
08-28-2006, 04:58 PM
NOT A GOOD IDEA. I don't think the RL will put down their guards just to make way for a LC-SBC finale.

Masisira lang ang momentum. And one more thing, buhay na buhay pa ang Mapua. If ever SBC loses to MIT then loses again to Letran on its last game, tabla pa sa#1 slot at 11-3 ang sbc-letran.

This scenario happened once to Turo Valenzona' SSC Stags in 2003 wherein they "chose to loose a game" so they would have a lighter opponent in the final 4. They eventually lost to an unseeded Letran team, na Karma tuloy.

However, the chances of an SBC-Letran finals is already looming. We only need just 1 win; PCU needs to lose only one more time.

But then again, having the twice to beat advantage is still not an assurance. In the 1999 edition, SSC is the #1 seed but lost to #4 seed Kerby Raymundo led Knights. CSB Blazers were only 3rd seed but eventually became the champs at the expense of SSC too in 2000.

Kaya wag pakasisiguro dahil bilog ang bola at iba ang labanan sa fina 4 and FINALS>

letranense1620
09-03-2006, 03:24 PM
Letranites, wear BLUE on September 6!!!!!!!

Arriba Letran!!! Beat San Beda!!!

danny
09-05-2006, 07:51 AM
Letran is no match for San Beda. No dirty tricks department can derail our quest.

You have only two players in your team against San Beda's very deep bench. The balance of power is on our side. There is no mutually assured destruction this time.

The coming reign of the Red Lions will be a glorious age for the moribund NCAA.

San Beda can and will deliver.

;D

ESCALERA JR.
09-05-2006, 11:37 AM
wELL then, but that remains to be seen in the next couple of weeks. For now, its still anybodys guess.

Good luck to your team though. Hope to see a nice rugged game this wednesday. Lets all enjoy it.

Arriba Letran!
Animo SBC!

danny
09-06-2006, 01:06 AM
Animo San Beda!

Arriba Letran!

May both squads show the country what authentic amateur basketball ought to be!

Showtime!

bugleboy
09-06-2006, 09:35 AM
i just hope the knights let it all hang out today. show one and all the true heart of a champion. never give up, never give in!

danny
09-06-2006, 05:50 PM
Sa Finals ba tayo muling magkikita mga kapwa panatiko?

bugleboy
09-06-2006, 06:58 PM
^sana naman. meanwhile, the knights have unfinished business with pcu.

ESCALERA JR.
09-06-2006, 07:34 PM

For now, we have 2-3 chances to meet you again sa Finals. If ever we survive (that is a BIG IF), still i don't feel good or confident enough of our chances.

After seeing the Knights crumble in the last canto, i don't feel good about our chances.

It was obvious that lack of fire power will eventually spell doom in our title defense.
Nobody is confident enough to take a shot other than our 2 pro-bound guys. After leading by more than 10 pts,we were not able to protect that lead. I am satisfied with the Knights DEFENSE but there must also be a corresponding OFFENSE. Our "D" is only good up to the 3rd QTR but we must find other options of scoring, which i think is the problem..

But anyways, CONGRATULATIONS to the SBC RL. It was a nice game.

danny
09-07-2006, 01:13 AM
In any case, the Knights must step up against PCU. The PCU-Letran pairing will be explosive.

Goodluck Knights!

khernitz
09-07-2006, 01:20 PM
sana the knights play like champions against pcu...i would prefer a letran-san beda championship....these two schools have such history....

se7en
09-07-2006, 02:27 PM
Napagod narin players ng Letran kahahabol sa mga players ng San Beda... Ang ganda ng defense nila for 3 quarters kaso hindi kaya isustain due to the shallow bench ng Knights at sobrang lalim naman ng bench ng Lions... wala narin 3rd guy to step up kasi pagod narin sa kakadepensa... Pagdating ng 4th quarter lumuwag na depensa ng Knights hindi na ganon ka tight due to fatigue...

That cost them the game...

ESCALERA JR.
09-07-2006, 10:24 PM
^agree,

What i'm worried about is this might be the last hurrah when the remaining members of the Champion team of 2003-2005 exits. We will definitely be on the rebuilding stages after this season and it could take some years to nurture another team to be a contender again.

If this will be the case, then it can be said that the era of the San Beda Red Lions Dynasty is definitely upon us for the next couple or more years.

With Bautista and Aba out next year, who will take on the cudgels for the Knights.

??? :-[

christian
09-07-2006, 10:51 PM
How about your team B? Ano balita kay coach Louie?

ESCALERA JR.
09-07-2006, 11:39 PM
The present team mostly came from our Team B, that says a lot about their inexperience.

I hope they get another set of impact players during the off-season.

Daryl Green, the former squire is one good prospect, hope he stays with the team next year. Lucas Tagarda i heard, will be coming back for Letran too. That makes 2 former squires becoming Knights.

oca
09-08-2006, 08:41 AM
The present team mostly came from our Team B, that says a lot about their inexperience.

I hope they get another set of impact players during the off-season.

Daryl Green, the former squire is one good prospect, hope he stays with the team next year.* Lucas Tagarda i heard, will be coming back for Letran too. That makes 2 former squires becoming Knights.

Though I find it inappropriate to talk about next season, when in fact the current is not yet done with, I am very much interested to discuss the prospect of Tagarda returning to Letran.

Nanghihinayang ako sa bata. He is a legit varsity squad material.

This is one year of basketball wasted at UST, and when he transfers, he will have to sit another year. Two years ang masasayang.

Not many have questioned Jarencio's decision not to include him in the UAAP line-up, only because UST has won a fair number of games. But looking at the Tigers playing Tagarda's position and are now warming the bench, this former Squire is more talented than them.

Kahit mas mataas ang media mileage ng UAAP, imo, he should just drop the idea of playing for UST and return to Letran. Mas marami siyang matutununan kay Alas, kaysa kay Jarencio.

arriba95
09-08-2006, 10:28 AM

For now, we have 2-3 chances to meet you again sa Finals.* If ever we survive (that is a BIG IF), still i don't feel good or confident enough of our chances.

After seeing the Knights crumble in the last canto, i don't feel good about our chances.

It was obvious that lack of fire power will* eventually spell doom in our title defense.
Nobody is confident enough to take a shot other than our 2 pro-bound guys.* After leading by more than 10 pts,we were not able to protect that lead. I am satisfied with the Knights DEFENSE but there must also be a corresponding OFFENSE. Our "D" is only good up to the 3rd QTR but we must find other options of scoring, which i think is the problem..

But anyways, CONGRATULATIONS to the SBC RL.* It was a nice game.

to my mind, these are what went wrong in our loss to san beda:

1. masyadong napagod ang knights so that pagdating ng 4th, ubos na. boyet was severely burned out. sana pinasok nung early goings si rey dangcal at mas matagal pinaglaro si kojak melegrito.

2. hindi na pinasok si mark balneg nung 4th. ang ganda pa nmn ng nilaro nya nung 1st half. man, his confidence was oozing.

3. nag over react si coach louie on the unsportsmanlike foul called on rj jazul. while the call was really questionable since rj actually went for the ball, coach should not have went livid and just complained by the sidelines. 1 technical lang siguro ang naitawag sa knya and he could have stayed in the court to guide the knights in quelling beda's rally.

4. nag-foul out si hafer mondragon. no one was able to defend effectively against yousif aljamal thereafter.

5. no one was able to prevent ekwe from getting caroms. the knights succeeded in this in the first round match.

6. lumaylay ang depensa nung 4thQ. maybe a more efficient shuffling of fresh legs can be devised by coach louie para ma-sustain ng team letran ang game-long airtight D.

7. aaron aban was off the mark and visibly lacked the spunk and swagger he usually possesses. well, lets just hope he does better in the season homestretch.

hhmmmm..meron pa ba..

basta letran-san beda na yan sa finals!

arriba letran! beat pcu!

LION
09-08-2006, 10:49 AM

For now, we have 2-3 chances to meet you again sa Finals.* If ever we survive (that is a BIG IF), still i don't feel good or confident enough of our chances.

It was obvious that lack of fire power will* eventually spell doom in our title defense.
Nobody is confident enough to take a shot other than our 2 pro-bound guys.* After leading by more than 10 pts,we were not able to protect that lead. I am satisfied with the Knights DEFENSE but there must also be a corresponding OFFENSE. Our "D" is only good up to the 3rd QTR but we must find other options of scoring, which i think is the problem..

But anyways, CONGRATULATIONS to the SBC RL.* It was a nice game.

to my mind, these are what went wrong in our loss to san beda:

1. masyadong napagod ang knights so that pagdating ng 4th, ubos na. boyet was severely burned out. sana pinasok nung early goings si rey dangcal at mas matagal pinaglaro si kojak melegrito.

Agree. Masyadong nababad si Boyet. Can't blame Alas though. Si Boyet at Aaron lang kasi offensive options ng Letran. Sa kanilang 2 si Boyet lang ang pumutok. Kung tanggalin mo si Boyet, wala ng opensa ang Letran.

2. hindi na pinasok si mark balneg nung 4th. ang ganda pa nmn ng nilaro nya nung 1st half. man, his confidence was oozing.

Hindi kasi naka pag adjust si Balneg sa depensa niya nung biglang hinigpitan ng mga refs and tawag after the first half.

3. nag over react si coach louie on the unsportsmanlike foul called on rj jazul. while the call was really questionable since rj actually went for the ball, coach should not have went livid and just complained by the sidelines. 1 technical lang siguro ang naitawag sa knya and he could have stayed in the court to guide the knights in quelling beda's rally.

Lamang na ang San Beda, 43 - 39 nung natawagan si Jazul ng unsportsmanlike foul.

4. nag-foul out si hafer mondragon. no one was able to defend effectively against yousif aljamal thereafter.

Agree.

5. no one was able to prevent ekwe from getting caroms. the knights succeeded in this in the first round match.

6. lumaylay ang depensa nung 4thQ. maybe a more efficient shuffling of fresh legs can be devised by coach louie para ma-sustain ng team letran ang game-long airtight D.

7. aaron aban was off the mark and visibly lacked the spunk and swagger he usually possesses. well, lets just hope he does better in the season homestretch.

hhmmmm..meron pa ba..

basta letran-san beda na yan sa finals!

arriba letran! beat pcu!

Nabasa kasi ni Koy Banal yung depensa ng Letran. It was a man-to-man defense. Walang help defense na ginagamit. Kaya after the first half, Banal simply told the Lions to attack the basket and exploit the mismatches. Kung napansin ninyo, halos hindi tumira ng tres ang San Beda after the first half. They just patiently pounded the ball inside.

Kulang na lang talaga ng Letran is a 3rd or a 4th offensive option. Kahit gano kaganda yung depensa ninyo, madali rin kasi naming maibalik dahil madali ring depensahan as a whole yung team ninyo dahil nga sa 2 lang ang offensive threats ninyo. Nung first half pumutok si Balneg at Bautista kaya nakalamang kayo. Pero in the second half, balik sa 2 options kasi minalas na rin si Balneg.

This is what makes the finals exciting. I am sure Louie Alas will again prepare for that series kung matutuloy. Banal vs. Alas. Fischer vs. Karpov.

toti_mendiola
09-08-2006, 10:56 AM
Its not that coach Alas didnt shuffled the players as he would have liked to, his concern is the quality of players that he would pull off the bench. Kung wala ka din namang gagawing kagilagillalas eh bakit ka pa ipapasok. He stucked with his gameplan as one poster have opined kahit anong paghahanda at pagpaplano kung kulang naman ang resources mo walang mangyayari. It was evident as the CSJL lost focus and stamina came fourth. Binigay na nila ang lahat nung umpisa, at wala nang pangtuloy at pang sustain sa huli. And this will definitely get your frustrations licking you and your temper.

for this particular game i will quote lines this from the movie A Knights' Tale:

You have been weighed
you have been measured
And you have been found wanting.

lekiboy
09-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Goodluck sa Knights....Sulit ang leaves at absences nating lahat kapag SBC and LC ang magtatapat sa Finals...

christian
09-08-2006, 04:58 PM
yari ako sa boss ko! ;D

cub
09-08-2006, 06:54 PM
Letran loses a while ago.. it seems that the other teams has letran's number..

LION
09-08-2006, 06:57 PM
Letran now must beat PCU twice in the semis. One game at a time. That can be done.

bugleboy
09-08-2006, 07:15 PM
four chances to nail the twice-to-beat, four chances squandered. grrrr...

but of course, a finals appearance is still possible, if the knights can finally get their acts together next wednesday. arriba!

MonL
09-08-2006, 07:26 PM
four chances to nail the twice-to-beat, four chances squandered.* grrrr...

but of course, a finals appearance is still possible, if the knights can finally get their acts together next wednesday.* arriba!*

They've shown that they can come back. But they should now show that they must not allow themselves to fall into a hole to come back from in the first place.

abcdboy
09-08-2006, 08:24 PM
Sa tingin ko po yung game niyo kanina sa PCU ang magpapanalo sa inyo sa final four. Pinakita kanina nila Balneg, Mondragon, Realista, at Daa na kaya nila mag step-up. Grabe. Dahil sa laro kanina, nakuha na nila ang opensa nila..

Sana po Letran-San beda ang finals!!!

danny
09-10-2006, 12:53 AM
IF we meet in the finals, I'm interested to see what Alas will do. We've seen his first and second options against San Beda. Will there be a third option?

The second stringers must step up their games. Otherwise you will have no chance against San Beda. Nada.

But first, you have to beat PCU twice, Goodluck.